PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Shapechange question

Absynthyne
2010-11-13, 10:13 PM
I am creating a level 10 Master Transmogrifist (Complete Arcane), which basically allows a character to assume forms that can be achieved with polymorph and shapechange. The cap on shapechange is 25 HD (at a 1 HD/1 caster level increase).
I am searching for any plausible way to increase the HD cap on shapechange, but avoid using any cheesy/munchkiny methods.
If anyone has any suggestions at all, I'd be happy to hear them.
Thanks in advance!

Eldariel
2010-11-13, 10:15 PM
Reserve of Strength [Dragonlance Campaign Setting] feat is the only way I'm aware of to break hard CL caps.

Absynthyne
2010-11-13, 10:27 PM
That is the only method the group has devised, but our DM has asked us to try and find alternative means.

One thought I had was Arcane Lord (Dragon Magazine #297), which at 5th level (Expanded Spell Power 1/day) allows you break caps on spells, and specifically does not stack with Enhance.

...the arcane lord can (once per day) cast any spell that has an effect that is capped by level (such as fireball) as if the cap were twice the listed amount. For example, an arcane lord could cast a fireball that dealt 20d6 damage, rather than the normal maximum of 10d6, or a magic missile that fired 10 missiles, rather than the normal maximum of 5. The arcane lord's caster level still applies to such limits; for instance, even though a delayed blast fireball cast with expanded spell power has a new maximum damage of 30d8, an arcane lord whose caster level is 25 would only deal 25d8 points of damage with the spell.

Would this apply to shapechange?