PDA

View Full Version : Spira: IC

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-14, 07:18 AM
The sun is blazing down in Luca today, a gift from Yevon. The latest Crusader reports have Sin skulking around Gagazet; meaning the Blitzball final is likely to go off without a hitch for once.

All around you as you sit at the bar are representatives from all the races of Spira; the entire Moogle Team is floating around a corner booth (they were drawn against the Ronsos in the first round and lost 7-3 in one of the most bizarre matches in recent memory), the Guado keeper is on the other side being consoled by a pair of Yevon priests for his spectacular own goal against the Hypello Harbiningerers.

Outside Luca is immensely busy. The Championship has become ever more popular since the primarily Al Bhed "Oceanic Defence League" was formed two years back, that extra layer of protection easing people's fears about gathering so brazenly.

Every now and then you see the translucent visage of an Esper pass by, the person it's following usually looking very smug with themselves.

---------------------
Ok. The game is set 200 years before FFX, there will be new races, places & Aeons. Sin has been active again for three years, the last High Summoner was a Ronso Dragoon named Tharl.

Eleven years ago a largely unexplained (though theories & conspiracies abound) phenomenon supposedly resulted in Pyreflies deluging out of a breach in the Farplane's borders. This caused the Fayth to go into overdrive and people all over Spira were swarmed by pyreflies showing illusions of the various Aeons.
Since that day about one in every 200 people have gained the services of an Esper, either individually or when in a group, though calling them is not easy. These people are known as Callers (since the title Summoner is sacred in Spira), and despite their ability they are not required by Yevon to go on a pilgrimage or do more than usual to battle Sin.
People outside the Yevon elite/extremely esoteric scholars don't know what caused it. If you don't want to know then don't open the next spoiler.
A Summoner named Lia (Hume Time Mage) reached Zanarkand but refused to sacrifice her sole guardian; her younger brother. So in desperation she invoked all her reality warping abilities, not against Yunalesca as the FFX team did, but against Sin itself. She ripped herself apart but in doing so also cracked Sin's armour. The pyrefly effusion didn't come from the Farplane, but from Sin itself.

Because Callers weren't limited by race, even exiled races like the Al Bhed & the Bangaa had at least one person who could do it. This forced a revision of Yevon dogma, and while not accepted, such races are now tolerated and more welcome in regular society, the Al Bhed going to lengths to strengthen this position by setting up the Oceanic Defence League; an arm of the Crusaders that run a sort of Sin-watch via a network of 11 Al Bhed ships.

Use of Machina is still mostly against Yevon's teaching, however inquisitive people are now allowed to discuss Machina and it's uses openly, even if they still aren't allowed to use it (though obviously the Al Bhed bend/break this rule quite often).

Summoners in Spira use a version of the old FFd6 system of Summoning, in which they take the Grand Summoner ability and Summons are simply spells that can be learned after communing with the Fayth. Summoners with no MP pool or a pool lower than 4 have their MP/level upped to 4. All Summoner gain an additional, speratevspell progression equal to that of a Time Mage that can be used only for Summons.

Summoners summon Aeons, Callers summon Espers. Out of combat Callers may create a manifestation of their Esper free of charge. It is solid & translucent and can be made small enough to fit in your palm or as big as it's normal size, so it can be touched (or not, at your discretion you can make it ethereal so it can pass through stuff eg. if it's huge like Bismark), but I'm Rule 0-ing that it can't be used to help/hinder in any way, it's just for story reasons. The exception is if you use a Moment of Glory, I'll allow it to be part of that if it helps it be more epic.

Creed
2010-11-14, 07:48 AM
His scarf wrapped around his face, despite the beaming sun and the brutal heat, a man with twin blades at his waist is drinking water, a catlike creature curled around his neck, peacfully snoozing.
Despite the nature of his relaxed companion, the man's eyes travel about warily, especially towards those in the bar who he can see are openly armed.

Temotei
2010-11-14, 01:23 PM
OoC:
Hypello Harbiningerers

I see what you did there. :smallamused:

Korsan stands, somewhat invigorated by the energy flowing from the blitzball teams and their fans. Not being on a seat, however, makes him shorter than if he were. He's hard to notice with everyone else towering over.

He observes the bar once again, catching the gaze of a scarfed--and doubly armed--man. Being a fairly unwary individual, Korsan walks--or rather, hops--over to the man. Blitzhball'sh fun, yesh? A'e'ou pa'tichipating?

Creed
2010-11-14, 01:26 PM
The man laughs from beneath his scarf.
Not anymore, no. Blitzball wasn't exciting enough for me. And you?

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 01:29 PM
Bell sits in the corner of a room, sipping a drink while glancing around at the bar's patrons. It was Blitzball season, and she was on the lookout for anyone mentioning her father's gambling business. She absentmindedly attempts to run a hand through her hair, but then remembers she had it cut short yeserday. Bell's hair was long and black the last Blitzball season; to stay unrecognizeable she made sure it was blond and short today.

As she looks around she occasionally makes eye contact with someone else, turning her head back to her drink in response.

Temotei
2010-11-14, 01:31 PM
It'sh faschinating me. I've'no team, though. Korsan slaps his head. It'sh'oo bad. Looksh exhciting.

Creed
2010-11-14, 01:38 PM
It'sh faschinating me. I've'no team, though. Korsan slaps his head. It'sh'oo bad. Looksh exhciting.

And interesting game, no doubt. But dull after a while.
The furry creature draped around the man's neck wakes up and looks at Korsan with mild intrest, while the man continues to drink his water.
There are other activities much more exciting and profitable than Blitzball in Spira.

Unrest
2010-11-14, 01:40 PM
A young man dressed all in various shades of red turns around from the bar. "I have no cash," he thinks in a handsome voice in his head. "Why did I even come to this bar? Ah, right. Because this is where the movement is. Where there's movement..." he looks greedily at one passer-by's money pouch, "there are people that get lost in the movement... No!" he scolds himself, "No, a memory of a thief is worth utterly none if you're not the best one of all time. And..." he follows a woman with his sight, a Black Mage, he presumed, "and no man's ever a better thief than a woman that's worst at it. Yeah." He looks once again at the door she disappeared in. "Nah, I'm broke. No use walking up when all you smell of is being clean to the last Gil."

"Yes, Felix Vista, it's Blitzball time and you're down to the soles. Has there ever been a time more miserable!"

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 05:00 PM
If Bell hears "There are other activities much more exciting and profitable than Blitzball in Spira," then she attempts to eavesdrop on the conversation.

Awareness: [roll0]

Creed
2010-11-14, 05:34 PM
The man continues to talk, his animal companion climbing on top of his head and looking around the bar like a meercat-thing.
Yes, everything I carry I bought with money earned through this method. Do you know the pastime of which I speak friend?

Temotei
2010-11-14, 06:00 PM
Pe'hapsh. Methinksh't'e bette'f you said. I'm no good't guessing.

Creed
2010-11-14, 06:06 PM
Pe'hapsh. Methinksh't'e bette'f you said. I'm no good't guessing.

I speak of the soft poem of the wind, tearing across the open plains. I speak of the scent of chocobo and goblin floating on it, the endless quest of innumerable challenges. I speak of fiends, hunting you down at every turn, but unable to defeat your quick blade. I speak of adventure, friend, and exploration of this world we live in.

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 06:39 PM
Bell sighed. She thought the man might be a lead on what her father was doing, yet his words still managed to intrigue her. The thief walks up from her table and takes a seat next to him.

And you say this is profitable?

Creed
2010-11-14, 06:41 PM
Bell sighed. She thought the man might be a lead on what her father was doing, yet his words still managed to intrigue her. The thief walks up from her table and takes a seat next to him.

And you say this is profitable?

The catlike creature hops down from the man's head and sniffs in her general direction.
The man looks wary.
Show me your right forearm and I'll answer all your questions. his left hand drops to the blade on his waist.

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 07:06 PM
The thief narrows her eyes, suspicious at this man's request. Her left hand moves toward her pouch where she keeps a black dagger. She then shrugs at the man, and rolls down the sleeve on her right arm.

If you insist.

Creed
2010-11-14, 07:12 PM
The thief narrows her eyes, suspicious at this man's request. Her left hand moves toward her pouch where she keeps a black dagger. She then shrugs at the man, and rolls down the sleeve on her right arm.

If you insist.

Good,
the man visibly relaxes,
To answer your question, it is very profitable. Sums of gold and jewels are the tip of the iceburg. There are a few costs associated with it, and the risk of life and limb, but it is profitable indeed.
I promised to answer all your questions, so I suppose you have the right to ask others. his voice is still slightly muffled by the cloth pulled over most of his face.
The strange animal now on the table is staring at the rogue intently.

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 07:26 PM
You may have to excuse me for being suspicious, but it seems odd that someone who knows so much about wealth would be in a place like this. And how exactly does one get treasures by exploring the world? I rarely venture outside this city, so I'm rather curious.

Creed
2010-11-14, 07:33 PM
You may have to excuse me for being suspicious, but it seems odd that someone who knows so much about wealth would be in a place like this. And how exactly does one get treasures by exploring the world? I rarely venture outside this city, so I'm rather curious.

He laughs
Spira is a very old world, older than it appears. Sin itself is the byproduct of our reliance of machina, centuries ago. Ruins dot our land, and monsters take a few gil from unwary traders as they travel our world. We reposses that gil, and treasures of ages past. The world itself holds many more secrets than it appears.
I have travelled this world for a short time, and have very little to show for it. I have my blades, I have my health, and I have my experiences.
Any other questions?
the creature on the table takes a few tentitive steps toward the thief, it's eyes all big and cute and stuffs.

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 07:48 PM
Bell shifts uncomfortably as the man's creature approaches her.

That's an interesting, um... pet you have there. What is it?

Creed
2010-11-14, 07:53 PM
Bell shifts uncomfortably as the man's creature approaches her.

That's an interesting, um... pet you have there. What is it?

That is Mitsurugi, an earth kami. A spirit of the forest, if you will. We are both outcasts among our families, so we banded together.
Mitsurugi makes a sound that can only be described as "wuffle".
And I am Dante, traveling swordsman.

Unrest
2010-11-14, 08:57 PM
Still leaning against the bar with his back as though he was the king of this place, Felix takes to watching the odd pair - or trio - oh, right, a quartet, there's the little bluish guy behind the table - at a table nearby. His eyes equally often dart towards this one seemingly world-shunning Viera with a little black spot in the corner of her left eye and the curious group; what's that... another Viera - now, two in one bar, like in this old joke! - a hypello, as hyped as they always are, and a samurai, he'd assume by his clothing and behaviour... And this strange little thing he grows increasingly intricated by. It somehow reminds him of his own companion, the only one he's ever had for a longer period. Felix rubbed a small red gem in his pocket. He says absent-mindedly, still staring at the creature on the table, "Hey Ruby, you wann'a friend? Ruby Ruby Ruby Rub-ey?" The gem heats up a little, telling Felix to let him sleep, and so the red mage does.

Creed
2010-11-14, 09:10 PM
Dante doesn't notice the man in red, but Mitsurugi runs back to his master and, from atop his head, peers in his direction.

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 09:30 PM
The woman nods her head in acknowledgement.

My name is Bell. Just Bell. Since you know so much about the world outside, I'm wondering if you've ever been in an Al-Bhed settlement before. The Al-Bhed interest me, you see.

Creed
2010-11-14, 09:35 PM
The woman nods her head in acknowledgement.

My name is Bell. Just Bell. Since you know so much about the world outside, I'm wondering if you've ever been in an Al-Bhed settlement before. The Al-Bhed interest me, you see.

Well Bell Just Bell, I have met a few Al-Bhed, but have never actually seen a settlement. And if your so intrested, why don't you just tag along after I leave Luca? I'm sure we'd stumble upon one eventually. You seem very intrested in travel, at least.

Mecharious
2010-11-14, 09:45 PM
Surprised at the offer, Bell looks at her drink, considering the offer. After about a minute of thought, she takes a gulp and empties the glass. Turning back to Dante, she responds,

That depends on when you're leaving.

Creed
2010-11-14, 09:50 PM
Surprised at the offer, Bell looks at her drink, considering the offer. After about a minute of thought, she takes a gulp and empties the glass. Turning back to Dante, she responds,

That depends on when you're leaving.

Within the week, preferably, but plans could be modified.

Temotei
2010-11-15, 01:31 AM
Throughout this conversation, Korsan is intently listening, occasionally looking around the bar. He notices the glances he keeps getting from the red-garbed one, but brushes it off as him not seeing a hypello before. That comes fairly often with being part of the race.

Turning back to Bell and Dante, Korsan leaps up onto the table to speak, sitting in a cross-legged position so as to be at about eye level. Al Bhed? Shwi'ly'eyesh?

Anonomuss
2010-11-15, 07:32 AM
Caephas

Caephas strolled over to the bar to order a drink, only to find he'd run out of coin to pay for it with. He sighed inwardly, and went to go back and sit down and finish watching the blitzbowl, when he saw an odd man dressed in red, muttering to himself, and staring intently at a group gathered around a nearby table. He wandered over to him, "You alright there friend? You look a bit lost in yourself."

Mecharious
2010-11-15, 08:45 PM
Within the week, preferably, but plans could be modified.

That works for me, yes. We can meet here after 3 days at the same time.

Creed
2010-11-15, 09:32 PM
That works for me, yes. We can meet here after 3 days at the same time.

That works perfectly for me. In three days time I will meet you here. Make sure you're ready to move, and have a weapon.

Temotei
2010-11-15, 10:58 PM
At Bell's comment, Korsan looks up, a frown creased on his face. Hypellos look weird when they frown.

Bushinessh's bushinessh. I musht shtay he'e't'finish'shome. Missh me'f'I don't make't.

He frowns a little more.

Mecharious
2010-11-16, 12:01 AM
Bell nods her head, pretending she can understand the Hypello. Turning back to Dante she replies,

You don't have to worry about that. I always carry a weapon.

Creed
2010-11-16, 07:36 AM
Bell nods her head, pretending she can understand the Hypello. Turning back to Dante she replies,

You don't have to worry about that. I always carry a weapon.

Dante leans bnackwards, his scarf slipping a bit to show the stylized sword, or maybe a knife, on his left cheek.
I figured as much. he chuckles.

Unrest
2010-11-16, 07:58 PM
Caephas

Caephas strolled over to the bar to order a drink, only to find he'd run out of coin to pay for it with. He sighed inwardly, and went to go back and sit down and finish watching the blitzbowl, when he saw an odd man dressed in red, muttering to himself, and staring intently at a group gathered around a nearby table. He wandered over to him, "You alright there friend? You look a bit lost in yourself."

"E-gah!" Felix jolts, being suddenly woken up from his thoughts by the voice suddenly coming right from next to him. The Red Mage loses his balance and falls (because leaning against something is cool only if you stand on one leg in a not very convenient position), and his hand drags out the little ruby he was playing with in his pocket. His eyes widen as he saw the gem glide through the air and feels as if it all lasts a minute or so... Mid-air there a glimpse of light plays on the stone's surface, and a second later a small, torquoise creature is seen volleying through the bar, to land with a thud on the surface of a table occupied by the people whose pet Felix has spotted earlier.

Creed
2010-11-16, 08:23 PM
Mitsurugi jumps and starts chittering madly, hiding behind Dante's head.
Dante himself seems only slightly fazed by it.
Someone dropped their Esper. I'd never be so careless. he sighs.

Mecharious
2010-11-16, 09:55 PM
Bell turns her attention to the commotion. Most people are proud to have espers, not embarassed to drop them. Bell, interested by the way Dante responded, asks,

Why? Do you have a lot of experience handling Espers?

Creed
2010-11-16, 09:56 PM
Bell turns her attention to the commotion. Most people are proud to have espers, not embarassed to drop them. Bell, interested by the way Dante responded, asks,

Why? Do you have a lot of experience handling Espers?

A ghostly falcon like creature appears in the air beside Dante.
I am a Caller.

Mecharious
2010-11-16, 10:08 PM
Most people who are Callers like to show them off everywhere, don't they? Well, regardless, it's a good thing to know; I imagine he's quite useful.

Bell finishes off her drink

I'm going to head off. See you in three days.

Creed
2010-11-16, 10:16 PM
Most people who are Callers like to show them off everywhere, don't they? Well, regardless, it's a good thing to know; I imagine he's quite useful.

Bell finishes off her drink

I'm going to head off. See you in three days.

He nods at her as she goes.
3 days then.

Temotei
2010-11-16, 10:47 PM
Th'ee daysh...I'c'n handle't. Korsan front-flips off the table and runs out of the bar.

Anonomuss
2010-11-17, 06:14 AM
Caephas

Caephas leans down to help Felix back up. "Sorry there friend, I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to make sure you were ok." He hauls Felix onto his feet, and begins to lead him over to his esper. "Come, let's get your flashy friend back."

He looks over at Dante, "Sorry about that. I gave this guy a fright when he was in a world of his own." He looked at Dante's ghostly falcon, hovering above him. "Nice bird. I've seen a few like it around. Meant to be a sign of a stout heart, isn't it?"

Creed
2010-11-17, 07:17 AM
Sortof. the bird dissapears with an echoing cry, and the furry creature continues to hide behind Dante's head, looking around it at the strangers.

Anonomuss
2010-11-18, 04:49 AM
Caephas

Caephas nods, "Fair enough. As long as both you and this fellow here are alright. I'll bid you farewell. I reckon I'm about done here anyway."

Unrest
2010-11-18, 06:47 AM
"It's okay... Ruby!" Slinging out of Caephas's arm, Felix rushes to the table his Carbuncle was sitting on - or rather lying, in a very confused and disheveled, partly immaterial form. He attempts to grab her, but Ruby slides sideways, sits properly and fixes her gaze on the man around whom the falcon-like Esper appeared. The red mage shifts his eyes from Ruby to the man and back.

"No, you can't be friends." He then recalls what he is actually talking to. "Yes, he saw the way you landed, and didn't score it high." With something resembling a sigh heard through a tubular bell, Ruby curls up disappointed, and after several moments only the gem that adorned her forehead lies on the surface of the table.

"I'm... sorry. Didn't she scare this... this this of yours? She's got a knack for entrances. Much like her Call', I might add. Felix Vista, virtuoso and impressario. Master of all-magical arts." He extends his hand towards the samurai, not resenting the fact that the creatures-man is the only one who hasn't left yet. He is kinda used to people leaving promptly upon his coming.

Creed
2010-11-18, 07:20 AM
Caephas

Caephas nods, "Fair enough. As long as both you and this fellow here are alright. I'll bid you farewell. I reckon I'm about done here anyway."

Goodbye, stranger.

"It's okay... Ruby!" Slinging out of Caephas's arm, Felix rushes to the table his Carbuncle was sitting on - or rather lying, in a very confused and disheveled, partly immaterial form. He attempts to grab her, but Ruby slides sideways, sits properly and fixes her gaze on the man around whom the falcon-like Esper appeared. The red mage shifts his eyes from Ruby to the man and back.

"No, you can't be friends." He then recalls what he is actually talking to. "Yes, he saw the way you landed, and didn't score it high." With something resembling a sigh heard through a tubular bell, Ruby curls up disappointed, and after several moments only the gem that adorned her forehead lies on the surface of the table.

"I'm... sorry. Didn't she scare this... this this of yours? She's got a knack for entrances. Much like her Call', I might add. Felix Vista, virtuoso and impressario. Master of all-magical arts." He extends his hand towards the samurai, not resenting the fact that the creatures-man is the only one who hasn't left yet. He is kinda used to people leaving promptly upon his coming.

The man shakes the magi's hand cautiously.
Dante, Travelling Swordsman.

Unrest
2010-11-18, 01:40 PM
The mage blinks repeatedly. He doesn't look away from the warrior as his other hand slowly extends towards the gem and puts it back into the pocket of his spacious robes.

"And what is it that travelling swordsmen do? I mean... what do they do while swordsmanning? For a living, I mean?"

Creed
2010-11-18, 08:43 PM
The mage blinks repeatedly. He doesn't look away from the warrior as his other hand slowly extends towards the gem and puts it back into the pocket of his spacious robes.

"And what is it that travelling swordsmen do? I mean... what do they do while swordsmanning? For a living, I mean?"

I personalyy investigate the ruins of ages past, ridding the world of fiends one area at a time. I have dabbled in the field of the mercenary on a few occasions, however.

Unrest
2010-11-19, 01:16 PM
Felix stands, staring intently at the calm man that seems something so otherworldy odd to him it's unbearable. He felt the man was all about essence, not form. About doing, not people seeing you do... Maybe that's... No, no, no, Felix shook his brain. This man may be killing off nightmare's, but the red mage living in everyone's memory has to give them dreams. That would be an eq... eee... equilibrium. Yes. That would be his line of defense.

Though at that time he decided to make a dodge.

"Oh, that's... Alright. I, on the other hand, I-" he dropped seeing the warrior's countenance. It wouldn't matter if he were smiling widely, frowning or even had his eyes closed and his upper lip turned inside out. It was the swordsman himself. And perhaps his weird pet. "On the other hand, I have to go. There's a lot of movement. Fare you well, Dante."

Creed
2010-11-19, 05:02 PM
Dante shoos at him then.
Fine. Off you go. he returns to his water.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-21, 04:47 PM
Three days later and Luca is returning to normal. The championship went to the Macalania team; their Elvaan defender winning it in the dying seconds with an frightening full-sphere shot from above her own goal.

The three meet up as agreed a little after midday, just in time to be snared by a sphere-journalist.

"Hey guys, you look like you came to Luca for the Championships? What did you think of that amazing finale? Has the victory changed your opinion of the Oceanic Defence League?"

Creed
2010-11-21, 04:54 PM
Three days later and Luca is returning to normal. The championship went to the Macalania team; their Elvaan defender winning it in the dying seconds with an frightening full-sphere shot from above her own goal.

The three meet up as agreed a little after midday, just in time to be snared by a sphere-journalist.

"Hey guys, you look like you came to Luca for the Championships? What did you think of that amazing finale? Has the victory changed your opinion of the Oceanic Defence League?"

Dante stiffens up, , and grabs the scarf about his face as to make sure it hasn't falled out of place.
I have nothing to say. I didn't see the game.

OOC: Thank you for posting depite my pestering.:smalltongue:

Mecharious
2010-11-21, 06:28 PM
Bell enterred the same bar with a hint of frustration on her face. Anyone who saw her would probably assume it was because her favorite team lost, but that was far from the case.

As soon as she was about to speak to Dante, the reporter interrupted, asking their opinions of the game. She saw it of course, but Bell was paying more attention to what the Blitzball fans were doing rather than the players.

The whole season was incredibly uneventful... oh, wait, you mean the game? Yes, it was fine.

Temotei
2010-11-21, 08:57 PM
Pa'tichipation'd'e bette'. Wishesh for myshelf a'e shelfish, though.

'd alsho be'shie'f I'd've'ound my ma'k...

Speech: Participation would be better. Wishes for myself are selfish, though.

It would also be easier if I'd have found my mark...

Unrest
2010-11-25, 02:27 PM
"Left... or right... left... or..."
"There he is!!"
"RIGHT!"

The red mage dashed over a fruit stand counter, sending several dozen colorful, juicy orbs into the air, and catching in the hood of his robe an apricot, which he promply shook out - now, if it were a pomegranate, he'd keep it! But while relevant to a conscious fashion choice, it was hardly relevant to the more current question of whether the mage is going to live.

The scarlet storm rampaged through the alleyway behind the stand, jostling against passers-by, making mothers miserable by spilling their laundry-bowls. Similarly he made kids joyful by scattering around everything that he bumped into and that they were often keen to lay their hands on, like glass beads or fresh bread.

"Egawds!" Felix yelped, tripping over one child. Getting up, he briefly brushed off his clothes and then looked at the kid, who seemed not to have even noticed, lying on the ground and staring with eyes wide open at the ruby it was holding in hand. "Hands off! That's not yours!" The mage snatched the gem, and actually wanted to look all sympathetic to the poor child, but the chase was nearing and could be heard hollering, and the fox needed now to dive straight into an open cellar door.

The place was filled with barrels and crates, supposedly a warehouse of some naval company. While abundant in containers - out of which, as the proverb says, at least one is always open - the place is not very rich with light sources, and so it took a while for Felix Vista, the Red Mage, Virtuoso, and man dressed up all in red - to realize that the place did not have a second exit and that the people he had managed to upset, who were uniformly blue-clad fans of some unrecognizable club who had a feud with the all-red, similarly unrecognizable Mondo Cranes, they - they were going to kick his butt now.

"The end, cranny. Time to sing your sorries for the tournament," said the gang's - sorry, the fangroup's - leader, who was cracking his fingers.
"They... uh!" Felix groaned, noticing he's leaning against the wall with his back. "We didn't want to win!"
"Oh didn't you?"
"No we didn't. We did what someone needed us to do."
"What the hell are you talking about!"
"Your coach sold you."
"WHY YOU-"

Felix knew the lie was not going to pass, but did give him some time to cast. He waved his hands in a circular motion around his head, and in a sudden burst of shadow - sic! - the whole place, he and about eight fans of the Blues became engulfed in total darkness, and even the still-open entrance seemed a hardly visible bulb of a brighter shade of gray. Confusion ensued, with punches and kicks flying left and right, shouts and screams and gurgling, curses and cracks and grunts, and a lone Red Mage making his way towards the dim light, careful not to stray too close to the noises.

He emerged into the light, brushed off his clothes again, and from there strolled down the street breezily.

"'Whereupon, the brief interlude having been finished with the last artistic stroke of the magical brush, our hero descends back into the port-town of Luca, seeking to write himself into the hearts of its inhabitants, and of the whole wide world just after that. And what is that, a street-reporter. Now! Why not- aw, is he going away!?"

Temotei
2010-11-25, 11:59 PM
Little Korsan looks up at the new arrival, wondering how just one man could possibly cause that much trouble.

Shi', you'll wan't'ove'long, yesh? Pe'hapsh it'sh besht you'o.

The hypello looks around the man, smirking a bit, then frowning.

Yesh...p'ob'l'esht.

Speech: Sir, you'll want to move along, yes? Perhaps it's best you do.

Yes...probably best.

Mecharious
2010-11-26, 01:34 AM
"And this is why I like to keep a low profile," Bell mutters under her breath. She takes a few steps forward to pass him, but then suddenly stops and turns around to face the crimson-clothed man. She looks at him curiously before saying, "I remember you. You make a scene everywhere you travel, don't you?"

Anonomuss
2010-11-26, 08:49 AM
Caephas

Caephas lounged in the bar, nursing a tall glass of water. He knew the bartender didn't mind him hanging around, watching the world go by, as long as he kept his mechanical parts hidden under his cloak, as he usually helped out if any trouble bothered the tavern. He watched on as the blitzball fans became more and more unruly. The reporters dashing about hyping the groups up against one another, before one moved to talk to a man he recognised, the Valefar fellow from a few days ago. Won't find what you're looking for there. he thought, Haven't met a stiffer person who's still breathing.

Unrest
2010-11-27, 12:56 PM
Shi', you'll wan't'ove'long, yesh? Pe'hapsh it'sh besht you'o.

The hypello looks around the man, smirking a bit, then frowning.

Yesh...p'ob'l'esht.

Interrupted in his internal (and sometimes vocal) monologue by the hypello, Felix freezes to a halt, and slowly turns towards the bluish creature. He knows as much about them as the next person, but always had terrible trouble analysing what they want to say. He blinks at Korsan, and before the Red Mage can understand what he heard, a voice from his side asks, sounding quite bluntly:

"I remember you. You make a scene everywhere you travel, don't you?"

Hearing a female voice the mage's eyes dart towards Bell, and recognizing that he saw her some time ago, he grunts, a bit annoyed (mostly because he gets the message rather than just notes the fact it's a girl).

"What do you, miss ..." he makes a brief pause to indicate he doesn't - yet! - know her name, "have against my... conduct?" He hesitated before uttering the last word; he actually wanted to use "my in-born charisma and flash of character" there, but figured it will have a contrary effect. "What you say, I should not make scenes? And," he makes a gesture towards Korsan, "'move along', right? Do you prefer to shut yourself away in the dark? Please! We all speak and think, and sentience is sociable! Sentience is artistic in its life-matter, no?"

Temotei
2010-11-27, 01:20 PM
Da'k'sh good, yesh. Korsan eyes the man with suspicion, slinking behind Bell.

Speech: Dark's good, yes.

Unrest
2010-11-27, 02:57 PM
"If you have to sleep, yes. Or for privacy, well. But you can't win by not doing anything, aand privately."

He stuttered for a moment, and added under his breath so that it was more like a whisper to himself: "Y-you can't be a hero on your own... You need other people."

For a second his sight was stuck into the ground somewhere over the girl's shoulder, but then his mind managed to take a leap of faith and run out of the maze it led itself into - and dashed so speedily as if it had sat on a cactuar: "You need other people to watch and tell. Right!", it said tryumphantly, and Felix returned to eyeing the two. "Sir and Madam," he calmed down, and asked with an honest dose of curiosity and with a complete lack of cunning or psychology whatsoever, "and what do you do, condoning of so little noise?"

Creed
2010-11-27, 05:59 PM
Dante whispers quietly behind Bell,
I don't like this guy, let's get out of here before he draws too much attention to us.

Temotei
2010-11-28, 02:10 AM
I kill people'ike you. Korsan grins, and then his face drops into a stoic expression.

You'e p'ob'ly no'wo'th'ouble, though.

Speech: I kill people like you.

You're probably not worth the trouble, though.

Mecharious
2010-11-28, 05:20 PM
(Bell is a hume, not a Viera)

Bell turned to Dante and Korsan and gave them a half-shrug. She decided to keep walking past the strange man in red; talking to him would just delay them longer. She wasn't even sure why she decided to talk to him in the first place. There was... just something about him.

Creed
2010-11-28, 06:26 PM
Dante walks a few paces behind Bell, his hand on the blade at his waist.

Temotei
2010-11-29, 01:24 AM
Korsan's eyes dart from the troublesome man to Bell and Dante, then back. He takes a step back once more, into the shade.

Unrest
2010-11-29, 01:14 PM
I kill people'ike you. Korsan grins, and then his face drops into a stoic expression.

You'e p'ob'ly no'wo'th'ouble, though.

Felix does a curious thing: after Korsan's first utterance he takes a step back, and after the second, forward. Not with the same leg, though, so he stumbles comically, but after restituting his posture he blares out:

"Kill people? 'Nowothawubble'? What are you, some hitpersons' group! Big game assassins, look! More like cutthroat thugs! Do you ever stand to combat in the open?"

Creed
2010-11-29, 01:21 PM
Dante whips out his sword, eyes blazing.
Stand firm, stranger, and meet your end! I am Dante Creed, Blademaster of the Ikanos Clan, Avenger of my kin! You insult my honor by calling me a cutthroat! I have killed more men in honorable combat than you have fought in any condition!
His scarf falls down, revealing the stylized knife tatoo on his face.
Mitsurugi lets out a bark and jumps from Dante's arm to Bell's head, chittering nervously in her ear.

Mecharious
2010-11-29, 02:22 PM
"Well I guess that answers his question," Bell mutters under her breath before looking around nervously. The whole city would be after Dante if he kills a man in the streets right in the open. After thinking for a moment she puts a hand on Dante's shoulder and says, "Dante, I really don't think this is the best place for you to... do your business."

Creed
2010-11-29, 02:36 PM
Dante sheathes his blade and pulls his scarf back about his face.This time, stranger, you are safe. But next time you insult me thus, Yevon himself will not stay my blade.
Mitsurugi jumps back onto Dante and curls up on his shoulder, making a soft clicking noise.

Temotei
2010-11-29, 07:14 PM
I danche'n battle. Hono' dependsh'n'n'ndividual...my...hono'...ishn't...you 'sh.

Speech: I dance in battle. Honor depends on an individual. My honor isn't yours.

Anonomuss
2010-11-30, 04:36 AM
Caephas

Caephas looks on, as the Samurai shouts loudly about his honor for all the world to hear. The Red clothed fellow looked like he was gearing up for a fight. Not in this damn bar you don't. Caephas thought, grapping his Glaive from the umbrella stand next to the door, holding it loosely in one hand, and moving over towards the odd grouping. "Is everything alright here?" He asked, his voice low and level, his eyes flicking to each of the group in turn. "Because if it isn't, I suggest you take it outside."

Unrest
2010-11-30, 01:07 PM
"Egads!!" Felix gasps - again - as the man approaches, but this time at least he doesn't trip. Seeing the lancer's posture the Red Mage calls upon his countenance a face of humility and precision in speech.

"Because if it isn't, I suggest you take it outside."

"This individual says he kills people dead. This man says he will cut me up, at the same time diminishing religious authority. And this lady inslutted me upon my entrance. I meant 'insulted'." Which was not really lies. Maybe just omitted some insignificant parts of the event. "And I doubt the amount of steel they're packin' is appropriate for a locale such as this." Having said that he pulled off his hat, revealing an artistic mess of straight dark brown hair, only vaguely arranged into a faux-hawk, and pulled an ornate comb out of his attire (no bystander could easily say where from specifically) and sweeped his hair back with it. It did not have any significant effect on the hair, but the peculiar movement of the hand with the comb almost left shady white letters "(tm)" hanging in the air.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-30, 01:30 PM
At this point your "conversation" is being broadcast on every sphere in Luca and there are a dozen Crusaders in the square, blades drawn. One with a red Yevon symbol on his left shoulder steps forward holding a handaxe.

"You're all leaving the city together by way of the Mi'ihen. Right now, before anyone does something they regret. Ok?"

Temotei
2010-11-30, 04:59 PM
Korsan looks at the reporter, then at the crusaders. F'iendsh can't've'un?

Speech: Friends can't have fun?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-30, 05:07 PM
Korsan looks at the reporter, then at the crusaders. F'iendsh can't've'un?

Speech: Friends can't have fun?

((That'll require a Negotiation check))

Temotei
2010-11-30, 05:10 PM
Fair enough.

Rolls: Acting: [roll0] (Just in case)
Negotiation: [roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-30, 05:20 PM
"Friends indeed. You'll all leave peacefully, or you'll all leave in pieces."

Creed
2010-11-30, 05:35 PM
At this point your "conversation" is being broadcast on every sphere in Luca and there are a dozen Crusaders in the square, blades drawn. One with a red Yevon symbol on his left shoulder steps forward holding a handaxe.

"You're all leaving the city together by way of the Mi'ihen. Right now, before anyone does something they regret. Ok?"

Dante sighs.
Great. Well, it looks like we don't have much of a choice in the matter. his hand loosens the sword at his waist, almost unconciously and undetectably.
You will let me and my companions through your "blockade" with no punishment for our "crimes", and we will leave peacefully. Beware, for this one, he holds up Mitsurugi, has power the likes of which you have never seen.

Acting:[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-02, 09:11 AM
"That's what I said in the first place."

As you are being escorted a shadow passes over you, much darker than a cloud would make. You look up to see what looks like it might be a Zu, except it's wings seem to be made from overlapping razor blades rather than feathers, and it's beak is not dissimilar to an Al Bhed drill. It has an entourage of a dozen Sinscales.

An almost dead silence falls for barely a second, before being replaced by screams of pure terror as people all around scatter in every direction possible. Your escort immediately take up formation, most pulling a crossbow or some other ranged weapon and taking pot shots. With a blood curdling screech the beast decends towards you, the Sinscales folding their wings over themselves and becoming torpedoes that shatter the intricately masoned steps as they impact them.

"You said that thing had power, then show it!" the leader bellows at Dante as he eviscerates a pair of Sinscales.

-------------------
Battle time!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C34BzC7rnos)

Anonomuss
2010-12-02, 10:20 AM
Caephas

"Well, I'll be..." Caephas murmered as the fiends appeared. He readied his glaive, and pointed at the larged winged creature. "You see that," He called out, "That one's mine."

Caephas began to run, his mechanical foot spewing steam as its pistons worked furiously. He leapt atop one of the sinscales, and pushing himself into the air to confront the fiend with his glaive. "Take this he roared, as he brought it down squarely upon the beast.

Using Job ability "Jump". It's a slow action. So the attack doesn't actually happen until Caephas' next turn, rolled below for convenience only. He's flying dramatically towards the large fiend, but the attack will be an instant action at the start of his next turn. He can also stay airbourne indefinately thanks to "High Jump", which also says:

whenever the Dragoon hits a flying target with a Jump, the target loses their Flight ability until the end of the next round as they are pushed to the ground - and pinned there - by the Dragoon’s downward attack.

So, it if it hits, it should be good. :smallbiggrin:

Attack
[roll0]
Total Attack- 13
Total Damage- 32

Temotei
2010-12-02, 05:30 PM
Korsan leaps up, drawing Moonflow with his left foot and Pyrefly with his left hand while sticking his tiny tongue out at any crusader that can see him, landing balanced on his right foot. He leaps once more, this time at a sinscale, doing a backflip just before impact so as to hit with both blades and land on his right foot again.

Rolls: [roll0]
Total ACC: 10
Total Damage: 36

Creed
2010-12-02, 05:47 PM
Die, spawn of chaos!
Dante draws Nassuko, whipping it one-handed towards the nearest Sinscale, aiming to clip the creature's wings in half with speed that probably indicates he was prepared to draw the blade anyway.

Nassuko (Tier 2 Blade, Ice Kami, Quick Draw)

[roll0]
Total Acc: 15
Total Dam: 28

Mitsurugi is sitting calmly on his master, holding on and standing by.

Mecharious
2010-12-02, 09:46 PM
"What... what the hell? I thought the Crusaders said Sin wasn't anywhere near Luca!"

Bell reaches into her bag with her left hand to pull out one of her black knives while her right hand grabs the gleaming crimson dagger strapped on her boot. She hurls the knife at a nearby Sinscale, and charges forward with her dagger to try and finish it off.

Attack: 2d6
Reroll (if needed): [roll0]

BellStr: 1(0)
Dex: 15(5)
Vit: 7(2)
Int: 10(3)
Spr: 3(1)

Acc: 6
Eva: 13
Hp: 85/85
Mp: X
Arm: 6
MArm: 6

Mecharious
2010-12-02, 09:47 PM
[Do'h]

[roll0]

Total Accuracy: 17
Total Damage: 41

Unrest
2010-12-03, 03:05 PM
Oddly lost in his thoughts since the group has been stopped by the Crusaders, Felix wakes from this stupor-like wondering only when a sinscale thunders against the ground right beside him, its steely wings slicing the air like a pair of daggers. Felix turns around in place with a wide spin, and freezes, gazing straight into the abominable insectoid, with a spark in his eye; the Red Mage throws up his hands in the air, and slowly pacing backwards, he shouts to keep the creature at bay:

"FIEND! You have no language, and no soul? You'll serve as a feast to my deeds that make both thrive!"

Yes, it did at times sound as if he had some of those lines prepared. Now, just to occupy the enemy with the dramatic momentum long enough for him not to break the spell...

(-> OOC) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9888621&postcount=82)

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-06, 01:40 PM
The crusaders take down five of the sinscales (the leader taking another) and and manage to dent the mammoth bird monster.

Korsan however must be a little rusty as his attacks fly wide, the Sinscale just evading being eviscerated.

Dante & Bell are more successful: the former bisects his target and the latter's blade pierces what passes for an eye in these monsters, before her dagger finishes the job.

The Sinscales however have a wicked final blow, and before they disperse into naught but a cloud of pyreflies each of those that falls unleash a (fairly inaccurate) barrage of lethal spines aimed at the one who slew them. One Crusader takes them straight to the chest and falls in a heap, and the leader takes two loads but shrugs them off as he roars instructions. Dante also gets some to the side ((31 damage)).

The remaining Sinscales aim at Dante but fail to find their target, and at a couple of crusaders who take the hits with courage.

The Sinspawn roars again and some of the dispersing pyreflies coalesce back into a pair of Sinscales; ready for battle. It's beak begins to spin and it sees Caephas coming from above and unleashes a pulse of energy at him ((44 damage)). It then draws a wind in towards itself, pockets of air catching between the now separated blades.

Caephas takes the hit and retaliates with one of his own and pushes the monster to the floor.

Felix spell goes off simultaneously and rocks of merely an inch across bombard the area, cracking sinscales & the Sinspawn on the head and smashing the surrounding ground/wall/plantlife. The Sinscales are eradicated.

-----------------------
I've already added in the crusaders next turns and resolved the slow actions.

Stats for the monsters will be in the homebrew thread after the battle. I'm rolling actual dice because it's quicker.

@Unrest: Meteorite seems dramatically more powerful than I expected. I'm not going to nerf it right away, but as a warning I might eventually (if I do you're entitled to change it if you wish).

Mecharious
2010-12-06, 02:43 PM
With only one enemy remaining, Bell studies her target. It appears to have blades rather than wings. Perhaps the blades have other uses?

Bell runs up to the Sinspawn, rolls under one of its wings and attempts to dislodge on of the blades. Maybe it will be useful after the battle.

Thievery: [roll0] (Sinspawn does an opposed str rating or dex rating check)

[If for whatever reason (it's too far away, too elevated, or can't be looted) that action is invalid, replace the above with:]

As the meteorites from above crush the sinscales, Bell notices only one enemy remains. It appeared to do some serious damage to Caephas, so Bell deems it necesary to reamain at a distance.

Reaching into her bag, she pulls out two more black throwing knives, and hurls them at the Sinspawn, aiming right for the face... if it could even be called that.

[roll1]
Replacement Roll: [roll2]

Total accuracy: 14
Total damage: 38

Unrest
2010-12-06, 04:58 PM
"Now That's something I call a good strikedown! Phew!"

Right after uttering these words Felix hears a powerful thud of some kind of obnoxiously big bird... or... something! and with a lancer on top, nonetheless!~ hitting hard against the ground; even through the noise of the battle, he can hear the spearman's mechanical arm - wait, mechanical arm!? - creak oppressively; the Red Mage, seeing little streaks of smoke rising from the semi-toasted warrior, shouts in his direction with quite an unusual for him mixture of admiration (for flare, style and courage, most likely) and something you could almost call care:

"You alright!?... Spearman!"

Something inside him tells him to twist his fingers and hands in a proper way and utter some words he normally uses only after encounters, in safe-havens removed from the sight of others; he starts casting Cure on Caephas.

Cure I: 8 MP : SPR x 2 + 2d6 = 32 + [roll0]
Total MP: 90 - 2 (Twilight earlier) - 10 (Meteorite) - 8 (Cure I) = 70

Creed
2010-12-06, 05:00 PM
Dante's blade flashes blue-white as he charges the Sinspawn.
I will vanquish you, fiend! Meet your end! NASSUKO, BIZEN BOAT!

Draw Out "Bizen Boat" Nassuko - 200% damage
Acc:
[roll0]
Damage:
13+18= 31 times 2 for Draw out= 62 Ice damage
Iaido Preservation, 50% chance, preserve on a 2.
[roll1]
Blade preserved
Dante gains Shell and Protect for one round

Anonomuss
2010-12-06, 05:35 PM
Caephas

"Thanks, that... feels good." Caephas calls back over to Felix. He raised his glaive once more, and drove it into the sinspawn.

[roll0]
Attack-13
Damage-32

Temotei
2010-12-11, 03:31 PM
Korsan growls--a curious sound when coming from a hypello, to be sure--as he attempts to kick off of a nearby sinscale, calling on his armor's gravity-defying power, to get at the sinspawn from above--perhaps an advantage could be gained in that manner.

Rolls: Athletics: [roll0]

[roll1]
Replacement (if 1 or 2): [roll2]

Total ACC: 14
Total Damage: 40

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-12, 06:53 AM
((You were right, I couldn't target the dragoon last turn so instead I use another off it's attacks which is a slow action and that goes off this turn instead. Unrest may change their action if they wish.))

Bell rolls under the downed creature and successfully rips off one of the blades, diving out the other side through a gauntlet of blades and talons ((you get 1x Razor Feather)).

Dante fractures his blade and a cyclone of icy wind gushes out, ensnaring the downed beast and tearing at it's abominable flesh. Rather than disperse though, hearing Dante's silent command it makes a round trip and returns to the blade, sealing the fracture and leaving a little of itself behind to swirl around and defend the Samurai.

Caephas retracts his polearm, almost dancing between the blade-like feathers as it tries to murder him. With almost nonchalant ease the dragoon again finds his weak point and slams his blade into the creature, leeching a roar of anger from it.

Clearly missing is something Korsan doesn't take lightly because with a single stroke he launches himself into the air. As he lands he simultaneously bisects the last Sinscale aand uses the ground to launch himself across the back of Sinspawn, nicking it as he did so, landing effortlessly on the other side. ((I rolled an opposed Athletics and it tied with you, so you only do minimal damage))

Korsan having taken the last of the Sinscales out, the Crusaders turn to the Sinspawn, firing at it's immense form, but failing to do any serious damage. The two without a ranged weapon are ordered back to the city to check defences by the leader before he launches himself at the monster, shattering it's metal feathers as he does so.

It's now that the Sinspawn, wounded and trapped retaliates. Its eyes flash, and with an ear-splitting roar it raises it's wings and unleashes the air it trapped within them as it slams them down. The entire stone plateau that you are on is decimated, the stairs are shattered and the rubble is sent hurtling into the (mercifully abandoned) main square, breaking roofs and top floor rooms of the buildings there. You yourselves are caught equally badly, the combination of pressurised air, blasted stone and dislodged razors causing significant harm ((47 ARM damage to all)). The Crusaders don't stand a chance against such brutality, all of them succumbing.

The leader however, seeing his troops fall ignites a white aura around himself, deflecting the debris and allowing him to stand firm and unleashes a brutal "bullet" of white light into the Sinspawn's wing before it returns to the skies.

Once back in the air it lets out another screech, but this time no Sinscales emerge, and instead the Pyreflies flow directly towards the Sinspawn.

-------------------------
Bold is just to try and break up the wall of text.
No Sinscales left, no Crusaders left.
It's back at a Medium Range.
Crusader Leader used the Paladin Job Ability Shield of Light to get that bonus attack.

Unrest can keep casting Cure if they like, change target or change action entirely. Try not to metagame too much now you know what attack is coming.

Creed
2010-12-12, 08:20 AM
Dante takes a mere 24 ARM damage because of Protect.

Dante shrugs off the attack as it flows through his magical barrier, shattering it.
He charges the Sinspawn once more, angling his blade to piece through it's armor.

Nassuko - Piercing Strike
ACC:
[roll0]
DAMAGE: 31

Mecharious
2010-12-12, 12:36 PM
Bell gets knocked off her feet as a metal shard impales itself in her shoulder. She painfully stands up and dimly notices the blood soaking in her leather armor. She looks up and notices that the Sinspawn had taken flight again, leaving it outside melee range.

She reaches into her bag again, trying to ignore the pain shooting up through her arm. She hurls the daggers at the beast's wings, and braces for another painful assault.

Roll: [roll0]
Replacement roll: [roll1]
Critical: 84 ARM damage!
Mug: Automatically steal an item as an instant action if I crit. If it runs out of items, I get (100g x Enemy level) instead.

Bell
Str: 1(0)

Hp: 44/85

Temotei
2010-12-12, 02:51 PM
Korsan barely dodges the razors, only to get smashed by a large stone three times larger than himself.

Lifting the rock with his legs, Korsan kicks it aside and grabs his dropped Moonflow. Observing the area, he notices that his blades would be of no use at the range the sinspawn is at. He draws a shuriken from his side with his right foot, jumps up to do a backflip, and flips the little weapon at the sinspawn.

Total ACC: 14
Total Damage: 56

Unrest
2010-12-12, 04:26 PM
"Cureh-wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHNNNN!"

A thick ray of green energy scythes across the the battlefield, but after a second it hits Caephas directly and infuses him with life-giving energy; the reason the spell was so shaky at first was because Felix was sweeped over by the wind and flew through the battlefield like a big red balloon; luckily, a crusader corpse softened (?) his impact against the wall.

"My... back... Back up!" The Red Mage got up, quite torn up from the storm of steely pins, staggering, and subconsciously reaches into his robes, and with a lightning movement lifts his hat and combs over his hair with the razorcomb. He hides it much more slowly, in a grave tone uttering the words:

"You, Sin-Thing! You will B-B-B!-B!-Burn Ray!"

Next round.

Burn Ray: 5 MP : SPR x 4 + 2d6 = 64 + [roll0]
Total MP: 90 - 2 (Twilight earlier) - 10 (Meteorite) - 8 (Cure I) - 5 (Burn Ray) = 65

Anonomuss
2010-12-13, 03:51 AM
Caephas

Caephas roars at the Sinspawn, "ENOUGH!" As he drove his glaive deeply into its body, drawing out its life force, and sharing it amongst his allies.

Using Lancet
[roll0] (CRITICAL HIT!)
Total AC- 17
Damage-36 (x.5 lancet, x2 for Critical)
All allies regain 36 hp and 36 mp.

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-30, 01:56 PM
Bell's dagger hits the Sinspawn in the head, it screams in agony as half its skull is blown away by the force of the strike. The blade lands in the broken stone with a pair of leather goggles, Yevon knows where they came from.

Korsan's aim is true despite the dizzying last assault, and his shuriken lodges right where Bell's knife struck, worsening the already severe injury.

Felix & Caephas's actions go off simultaneously, the healing energy swirling all around.

Just as the Sinspawn is about to strike again the Crusader commander yells an instruction to Dante. With seemingly practised mastery Dante launches himself at the Crusader, who cups his hands and throws the Samuai into the air above the Sinspawn. With a masterful midair spin he shines the sun off his blade; taunting the abomination with it's life-giving rays and cuts cleanly through it.

As Dante lands the Sinspawn screams once more as it evaporates into a swarm of pyreflies. The commander scans the horizon for any more enemies, sighing gratefully as his troops return with a Yevonite priest to revive the others.
You have my thanks strangers, we would have been destroyed without you. He offers the Yevon prayer in gratitude and goes to see to his men.

-------------------
Everyone gets 1XP, for a total of 3 since you all did backstories and quotes.

Bell has the Goggles accessory (Immune: Blind).

Are you supposed to get gil after battle?

Temotei
2010-12-30, 06:51 PM
Methinksh'e'ow'at. Pa'don ush... Korsan brushes himself off, picking up his weapons and sheathing them while joining the others who fought Sin's spawn.

Speech: Methinks we know that.

Answer to K-B's Question:
Are you supposed to get gil after battle?

Each of us should make 500 gil per "session."

Reference: Page 116, GM's Note: Combat and Rewards!, P1.

Creed
2010-12-30, 09:44 PM
Dante's sword retreats inside his scabbard as he pulls his scarf back about his face.
No problem.
He then turns to the others.
We should be going, before he remembers that he was going to arrest us.

Unrest
2011-01-01, 05:44 PM
We should be going, before he remembers that he was going to arrest us.

With an all-defying voice of routine and obviousness, Felix immediately responds:
"Yes, true, no use maraudin' here, let's go."

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-02, 08:15 AM
You leave the city with no obstruction, a couple of people look at you as you go, but the Crusader seemingly ignores their queries.

Up the steps you reach Mi'ihen, the highroad between Luca and the Djose Temple. There are a few people looking over the stone railings at the scene where the Sinspawn attacked, a single Crusader stopping people running down. A woman is sobbing hugging her son, and when she sees you she comes running over.

"Thank you so much, my boy was coming to meet me here, if you hadn't been there that beast would have killed him. It's not much, but I want you to have this.

She hands you a Dingo-skin pouch and runs back to her child. The pouch contains credit notes (magically reinforced paper often used in place of actual gil because carrying round a tonne of coins is a pain in the neck); each of you get 300 gil.

After this Caephas informs you that now that you're not under arrest anymore he has something he must take care of. With a simply farewell he aims his spear and with a short run up he launches himself into the air over the the Mi'ihen wilds to the east, vanishing into the clouds.

--------------------
Got a confirmation from Anonomuss that he's too busy to continue playing.

Temotei
2011-01-02, 12:27 PM
Shut'p, 'ed. Enough t'ouble'o'e day'ith'atche's.

Korsan ignores the woman, letting one of the others grant him his share of whatever is inside the pouch.

Speech: Shut up, Red. Enough trouble for the day with watchers.

Mecharious
2011-01-03, 01:09 PM
Before the congratulations could occur, Bell went to scavenge the daggers that she had thrown at the beast. She noticed the goggles by her final dagger, and glanced at them curiously before putting them into her bag. She was unsure why, but her enemies seemed to have the habit of carrying the strangest items with them.

When she meets up with Dante and Korsan, she notices the eccentric man in red with them. She frowns at seeing him.

Felix, was it? Well, I suppose you should be going your own way now...

As soon as she says this, a thought occurs to her. He was quite useful during the battle. A meteor shower of his cleared out an entire wave of those sinscales. And he seemed capable of curitive magics - something always useful to have.

...Unless you'd like to travel with us.

Unrest
2011-01-05, 04:13 PM
The red mage looks at the trio of cuthro- blade-wielders, and blows air out of his mouth upwards at some non-existent streak of hair figuratively bothering him. He tips his hat with a rule-everything-ruin-everything smile.

"If these are a madam's words," he says, apparently not remembering his previous response to the rpack, "Then I'd imagine the gentlemen have not much to contest, isn't it?" Now remembering how the pack actually responded to him, he reflects. "Or maybe that isn't the case. Scratch that. Where is it that you're heading? Wherever it is, I don't recognize a mage among you, am I right?"

Mecharious
2011-01-05, 07:30 PM
Bell remained frowning.

We do not, lucky for you. As for direction, I have no idea; wherever we end up, I suppose. For me, this is just some busy-work until the next Blitzball season.

Creed
2011-01-05, 09:39 PM
We travel to far off lands, be it in search of wealth, fame, or blood for blood's sake, as you ealier suggested, Dante says pointedly at the magi, And since the lady here has already invited you to come along, I suppose I have no choice but to allow you if you wish to do so.
From his shoulder, Mitsurugi unleashes a mighty "Wahoo!" and jumps towards the magi, smelling him conspicuously.

Temotei
2011-01-06, 12:47 AM
Korsan stands by, frowning slightly. He hadn't found the person his former master sent him to Luca to find. On the other hand, he hadn't found any clues about this person. They could be gone from the city, or dead, or hiding.

I'll'tend. I've nothing bette'o'do.

Speech: I'll attend. I've nothing better to do.

Unrest
2011-01-07, 08:00 PM
Though a bit startled at Mitsurugi's sudden action - after all, how far does a fluffy spirit-thing fall from the steel-wielding warrior? - Felix retains his composture, and even manages a smile at the creature. Quite contented he gets to travel along people that seem that they... he didn't really know, but they just seemed onto something. They sure displayed some mastery of their trades.

"Which exit from the town do we take, then?"

<Felix literally runs into the person of the party that is automagically deemed 'leader', and so does the rest, and now we run around as one character, right? :p >

Mecharious
2011-01-08, 04:16 PM
Bell turned to Dante.

Not sure. Do you have any leads? Or are we leaving it to chance?

Temotei
2011-01-08, 05:09 PM
I shwam.

Speech: I swam.

Creed
2011-01-08, 10:25 PM
Bell turned to Dante.

Not sure. Do you have any leads? Or are we leaving it to chance?

Chance, I'm afraid.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-10, 02:28 AM
And with that you begin down the highroad. It's a little sparce in people today, the attack mans people are avoiding Luca and the nearby villages just in case.

After an hour or so of walking and dodging the monsters you come across a young man (Human, early 20's, wearing leather armour and a longsword) desperately trying to get a chocobo's leg out of a wooden trap. He hears you as you pass by.

"Hey, gimme a hand will ya, some thieving bastard set this trap and took everything."

Mecharious
2011-01-10, 03:42 AM
Bell glances toward the man suspiciously. Traps are somewhat of a specialty of hers, but her paranoia makes her wonder if this setup is just a trap for them. She looks like she is about to keep on walking and ignore the man when the chocobo squels in pain.

Bell bites her lip, trying to remind herself that not everything is a set-up.

"Okay, fine. Hold him still while I take a look at the trap. Dante, keep your eye on him... seems odd that the bandits didn't take his weapon.'

Creed
2011-01-10, 07:37 AM
Dante draws his sword and points it at the man.
Your sword, put it on the ground. Now. he commands, his eyes emotionless.
Yes, he thinks this is odd as well.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-10, 09:04 AM
"Thank you" he says to Bell as he hopelessly tries to yank the trap apart.

"You think I'd injure Coco as some
sort of bait? Here take it, it's only cheap anyway." He seems sincerely offended as he slides the sword over to Dante.

Mecharious
2011-01-10, 11:11 AM
Bell kneels down and examines the trap.

"These types of traps are meant for large animals; you can't possibly hope to use brute strength to disable it. There's probably a release mechanism, or failing that, it could be pried open with an object..."

Unrest
2011-01-10, 12:26 PM
Felix, of course, is not that much cautious, though his paranoia - of being one of the few actual players on the stage in the play of life - does make him think this is a set-up for... well, for a scene. Or a passage. Or a soliloquy. On how-

"...could be pried open with an object..."

Suddenly, Felix thought about his head, so he thought he'd rather venture:

"Uh, I don't know, a ray of white-hot energy, maybe? Should burn away if my aim keeps steady."

Mecharious
2011-01-10, 12:56 PM
"I'll be honest, I don't trust you to destroy the trap without harming the chocobo. I've almost got it..."

[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-10, 01:15 PM
Bell's machinations result in the device springing open and the Chocobo leaps up quicker than a Cactuar popping out of the sand, Kweh-ing with joy, following quickly with a yelp as it lands on it's injured leg. It makes a clicking noise and a circle of white light spins around it's leg, healing it's wound.

The man is deeply relieved. "Many thanks. You shouldn't be so suspicious, we have enough issues with monsters, we shouldn't be fighting one another. You ready to go Lord Coco?"

The Chocobo nods and fluffs itself up.

"My thanks again, we got robbed after Coco was caught by the trap down that tunnel, it's an old pre-Sin era ruin & we're almost certain there's a Fayth under it but there was too much resistance. Not worth dying for the sake of curiosity I guess. Well we must be off, good luck.

There is a small hole under a piece of Machina sticking out the ground that is the tunnel he mentioned. After he finishes both he and Coco offer the Yevon prayer and leave, him reclaiming his sword as he goes.

-------------------
The trap is laced with minuscule teeth, some of which are dripping poison.

Mecharious
2011-01-10, 01:27 PM
"Hmm... the trap appears to be poisoned. You might want to take a look at it Korsan... I get the feeling you know your share about poison."

Without further discussion, Bell heads over to examine the machina covering the whole. In all likelyhood, it would be useless scrap, but Bell decides to look at it anyway. She enjoys trying to figure out how these things work.

Creed
2011-01-10, 07:13 PM
Dante keeps cautious.
His clan had operated on many missions with primitive yakuza agents, and the tactics of such highway men were simple: Find an advantageous area, and rob everyone who came through. If bandits had recently caught a tresspasser nearby and robbed him blind, there was no reason they would not hang around and wait for more travelers to increase their score.
His blade still in his hand, he follows Bell, recognizing her as what many highwaymen and kidnappers refer to as "The Key Hostage". Someone who's life matters to the rest of the group and appears physically incabable of defending themselves. Generally unarmed people of old age, young age, or feminine persuasion.
Meanwhile, Mitsurugi responds to his master's silent body language and stays with Korsan and the Magi, near the trap, to be his master's early alert system.

Temotei
2011-01-11, 12:18 AM
Chocobo'sh'ucky't'idn't get poishoned, Korsan mutters as he examines the trap's poison, taking care not to touch.

...Too'bvioush. No'xpe't'id thish... The hypello attempts to retrieve the poison, using his knowledge of such black market items to his advantage and a handy container that he obviously has on hand for the poison, scooping it up with Pyrefly.

Speech: Chocobo's lucky it didn't get poisoned.

...Too obvious. No expert did this...

Unrest
2011-01-11, 03:58 PM
The Red Mage stands on the road, and yells after the man, who, as one might rightly expect, made quite a suprised face after hearing:

"And remember to tell the ladies in towns you will visit: Felix Vista is the thing to anticipate! If they think balls, he's got the blitz! ... or the other way round!"

Usually - usually - Felix has better pick-up lines, but what he wanted to do here was to introduce himself to the company he was now travelling with, and thought this way to be neatly indirect and not humble. Positive, despite its degree of facepalmability - the intensity of which would send any piece of glass in the area a-humming with despair, provided there was any glass there.

Creed
2011-01-11, 04:52 PM
Dante sighs at the Felix's shout after the traveler.
Ignorant, lewd, womanizing... he trails off in a string of whispered remarks regarding the magi under his breath.

Mecharious
2011-01-11, 05:02 PM
In spite of herself, Bell smiles.

"I suppose more attention to him just means less attention for us. Perhaps we should gag him before enterring these tunnels?"

Bell continues tracing her fingers around the stray Machina, and then adds,

"We are going to go down there, right? I see no reason to pass up this opportunity."

Unrest
2011-01-12, 01:15 PM
Only now Felix realizes that the others are pursuing more worthwhile, and, resisting the urge of making a pun by changing around the letters "w", "h", "o" and "r" with "while", he strolls up to nearby where Bell is.

"Going down where, Cut-woman? And what for?"

Yeah, I got it all worked out. The samurai guy is Slashes. The little assassin guy is Stabs. And the thief's Cuts.

On the other hand, maybe I'll just keep the nickname's to myself. They tend to do what I just called 'em. *gulp*

Mecharious
2011-01-12, 02:01 PM
"It's a pre-Sin ruin that quite possibly has a Fayth in it. Weren't you listening? Don't tell me you're scared."

Creed
2011-01-12, 04:59 PM
Of course he's scared. He probably expected to find fame and untold riches sitting in his lap when he woke up in some two-bit bar one morning. Dante mutters

Temotei
2011-01-12, 06:30 PM
Korsan shakes his head and heads off in the direction of the ruin without saying a word, poking Felix with Pyrefly while sheathing the weapon.

What Felix doesn't know is that Korsan cleaned his blade before poking.

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-13, 02:32 AM
The machina in question is a "spider leg" poking out of the ground, rusted but solid. There is a gap at it's base, the surrounding metal was probably a door into the machina, the actual door either destroyed or jammed open by the ground.

Inside it is dark, though you can just about see that it opens into a corridor that a Seeq would be able to walk down relatively easily.

((If/when someone goes inside)). 30ft in there are some runes scribed that are more recent than the machina's construction, though whether they cam before or after it's destruction is unclear. The runes are those on the door of every temple in Spira: Trust In Yevon, And You Shall Find Hope

DC7 Perception (or somehing to that effect, I'm afb) or Int check:
You also see a single pyrefly float by.

Mecharious
2011-01-13, 02:50 AM
Awareness [roll0]

When Bell reads the runes her face goes from a look of indifference to a nasty scowl.

Creed
2011-01-13, 07:39 AM
[roll0]

Dante frowns.
A Yevonist inscription... inside a machina?

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-16, 04:55 AM
The corridor continues on a downward slope, spiraling gently to the left. All of your Espers are visible, looking around inquisitively/nervously.

As you go downward you hear the sound of metal on metal, as well as grunts and grinds. You reach a sort of balcony and looking over you can see a man in battle with what looks like a pair of creatures that are some kind of combination of a war-machina and an Elemental; essentially a vaguely humanoid energy creature wearing armour plates. The man is holding his own but those things are huge.

IcarusWings
2011-01-16, 11:57 AM
The mysterious man glimpses the newcomers out of the corner of his eye Stay Back! These things are dangerous!, then he levels his sword and points it at the machina, and glowing white flames wreathe his body You my friends, shall meet my blade!
The man raises his sword and throws himself at the closest machina, with a zeal in his eyes that could start a fire.

Usin' Shield of Light, so I get free a counter-attack if I take damage, and one more use for the session.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage = 24 (strength 6 x 4, tier 3 sword and avenger) + 11 = 35

Strength: 6(2)
Dexterity: 6(2)
Vitality: 6(2)
Intelligence: 7(3)
Spirit: 9(3)

Hp: 90
Mp: 50
Acc: 4
Eva: 8
ARM: 8
M.ARM: 4

Mecharious
2011-01-16, 12:56 PM
"More machina? Well, let's get them!" Bell shouts out with uncharacteristic enthusiasm. Bell throws two throwing knives in quick succession at the machina closest to the man. Due to their size, she isn't too worried about hitting the stranger.

[roll0]
Replacement Roll: [roll1]
(Snake eyes! Replacement roll changes total to 11)
If hit: Mug - Thievery attempt [roll2] (Against opposed strength or dexterity check)
(If a hit, does 35 damage)

Hp: 85/85

Temotei
2011-01-16, 04:23 PM
Korsan engages a machina no one seems to be fighting, drawing his blades as he leaps toward it in his usual odd stance. He stabs forward, spinning with a drilling motion using Pyrefly and finishing with a stab with Moonflow and a leap back.

Rolls: Attack: [roll0]
Replacement: [roll1] - Replaces the 1
ACC: 12
Damage: 44

Statistics: STR: 1/0
DEX: 12/4 (16/5)
VIT: 5/1
INT: 12/4
SPR: 4/1

HP: 54/55
MP: 0
ACC: 6
EVA: 14
ARM: 10
M.ARM: 10
Destiny: 0

Unrest
2011-01-16, 06:25 PM
Spilling a flood of murmured remarks about machinas he didn't frankly have much knowledge about and dark places in general, Felix slowly, very cautiously follows the avantgarde of the group, and sometimes trods up when he recalls he himself then becomes the ariergarde. The red light Ruby sometimes sends in little flashes comforts him, though the esper herself seems to be quite anxious.

"Now, isn't it funny that in such abandoned places what one expects to find is a chall-!!!"

----------

Felix draws his razorcomb and instinctively dashes forward - perhaps because everyone apparently did - and as he takes a swing - well... it's only then that he realizes how big the thing he attacks is.

Attack: [roll0] - Razorcomb - Imbued / Critical Attack, crit on 11-12
ACC: 6 + [roll0]
Damage: 32 + [roll0]

STR: 3/1
DEX: 9/3
VIT: 4/1
INT: 4/1
SPR: 14(+2)/4(5)

HP: 49 / 60
MP: 65 / 90
ACC: 5(6)
EVA: 7
ARM: 4
M.ARM: 8
Destiny: 2
EXP: 0
Gil: doesn't know where he put it

Creed
2011-01-18, 06:24 PM
The corridor continues on a downward slope, spiraling gently to the left. All of your Espers are visible, looking around inquisitively/nervously.

As you go downward you hear the sound of metal on metal, as well as grunts and grinds. You reach a sort of balcony and looking over you can see a man in battle with what looks like a pair of creatures that are some kind of combination of a war-machina and an Elemental; essentially a vaguely humanoid energy creature wearing armour plates. The man is holding his own but those things are huge.

Dante pays no heed, taking about a dozen steps back, letting out a howling cry, draws his sword, and rushes forward, diving off the balcony at the nearest machina, his sword poised above his head to pierce through it's body.

[roll0]
Acc: 15
Dmg (if hit): 28

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-19, 04:05 PM
The mystery man begins to glow and lunges at the creature, the screech of metal on metal ringing around the cavern.

Bell's daggers find their mark, a burst of energy flaring out the side of the creature; one fire the other lightning.

Korsan's strikes sever the creature's arm, but the magical energy reattaches it before it can hit the floor.

Dante & Felix follow up, hacking limbs off the two creatures which swiftly reattach themselves.

As each of you strike the creatures the energy flares and causes you to wince ((4 damage each)).

The creatures look displeased and each raise their "hands" towards you. A red circle appears at each wrist that Felix recognises as the Crimson Seal ability, and a sphere of energy appears in each palm, one streaking towards each of you except Bell.

Felix suffers an incineration, his hat scorched, Korsan a roaring lightning bolt, Dante is blasted by a pulse of water & the new guy is struck with razor sharp icicles ((53 dmg each before reductions)).

At this the light surrounding the man surges into his blade, discharging it into the creature with an expert thrust.

----------------------
Hang on, Mug activates on 2 6's not 2 1's doesn't it?

IcarusWings
2011-01-19, 04:25 PM
The man draws himself back into an up front stance, and makes some strange gestures with his hands. As he does so, more golden light shines out from his body, but much softer and gentler this time.

Counter-attack: [roll0]
Damage: 18 + 5 = 23
Casting Cure 1 on Korsan :
Cure 1: [roll1]

Cure 1 on everyone else too except Bell:
Myself: [roll2]
Dante: [roll3]
Felix: [roll4]

Instant action casting is damn useful for party support :smalltongue:
Attack: [roll5]
Damage: 18 + 8 = 26

Hp: 58
Mp: 40

Unrest
2011-01-19, 05:24 PM

For that one moment in his life, Felix is really, really silent.

The sound in the chamber appears to have been drained out, as if a vacuum was created there; and the only sound there is - is the sound of the Red Mage's hat, falling several meters behind him in only a tiara-shaped piece of carbon.

Felix Vista doesn't move. His hands raise slowly and symmetrically, and there begins to form a shining vortex of magical energy between his palms. The smoke was rising from the scarlet clothes, and Ruby was giving a glass-shattering shriek.

But perhaps it is that his eyes burn brighter than that.

Casting Burn Ray, "I'm gonna pull it off!" Burn Ray: 5 MP : SPR x 4 + 2d6 = 64 + [roll0]

Creed
2011-01-19, 07:56 PM
Dante squirts a jet of water from his mouth.
All together now! Focus your attacks!
With that said, he draws his blade again and dashes past the new, as yet unnamed man, slashing at the creature's torso, aiming to destroy any core, heart, or soul it may have.

[roll0]
Acc:11
DMG: 24

Temotei
2011-01-19, 11:28 PM
Korsan barely hears Dante. Vision blurred and ears ringing, he nearly falls over. Shaking his head rapidly for a second, the ninja hypello once again gathers for an attack, this time going for one of his favorite tricks: the wall jump. Turning his back to the nearest wall and backflipping into it so as to land his feet on it while turning his blade in his foot, Korsan kicks, rising through the air to drop on top of the creature--directly above Dante. As he lands on the target's head, he drills down with Moonflow, then kicks off, slashing with Pyrefly on his way off. He lands with a huff, turned toward the monster once more.

[roll1]
Athletics: [roll2]

Total ACC: 11
Damage: 37

OoC: The Athletics attempt is just fluff. Korsan likes acrobatics in combat. If a numerical effect comes out of it, that's cool. If not, whatever. :smallamused:

Also:
HP: 7/55

P.S. I forgot to use rollv for my attack. Still, I got an 8, which means both were 1s. Replace one with the 4.

Mecharious
2011-01-20, 12:34 AM
Bell jumps down from the balcony, joining the rest of her companions in the fray. She maneuvers around the machina, looking for a weakspot in their design. If possible, she tries to remove a vital machinery part to disable one.

Awareness: [roll0] (To find any weak points or anything)
Systems: [roll1] (Knowledge of machinery to know what would disable it)
Thievery: [roll2] (Removing any important gear or part)

If that is not a valid action, Bell pierces a machina's metal joints, slipping her dagger in a spot where it can do the most damage.

Attack: [roll3]
Replacement: [roll4]

Hp: 81/85

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-21, 05:37 PM
The man, no longer glowing, conjures a sphere of light between his fingers, his eyes fixed on the Hypello.

Felix' eyes burn with hatred, energy crackling all around him; the rocks on the ground shuddering with his rage.

Dante and Korsan move fluidly around one another hacking pieces of metal from the mystery man's target, this time they don't reattach but the energy does still flair at you ((4 damage apiece, no deductions)).

Bell's eyes move like the lightning that just struck Korsan, and she sees the crystal right where a person's voicebox would be. With careful aim she launches a blade at it, the knife shattering the prism. With a colossal groan the energy and pyreflies that make up most of the creature's being burst out of it in waves, the metal clanging to the floor; dead.

Noticing it's partner's demise the other machina rearranges its metal, blocking its own crystal. The crimson circle reappears around it's hand and it launches a ball of fire at Bell to avenge it's comrade ((50 M. ARM damage before deductions)).

Mecharious
2011-01-23, 02:37 AM
Bell screams as the blast scores a direct hit on her, knocking her on her side. She gets back up with a groan, and notices that her hands are blistered and her hair in singed. Heedless to danger, and furious at the mechanical creature, Bell charges forward, rolling to the side to get a quick slash at the machina's leg joint.

Attack: 6 + [roll0]
Replacement Roll: [roll1]
Total Accuracy: 15
Total Damage: 39

Hp: 37/85

IcarusWings
2011-01-24, 02:01 PM
As soon as the light leaves the man's fingers towards Korsan, he mutters to himself again and waggles his fingers in an obscure sign, as light bursts from his hand again and flies towards Dante like a golden sparrow.

Hp: 54
Mp: 30

Creed
2011-01-26, 05:23 PM
The samurai lets out a shout and, raising his sword above his head, brings it down with malevolent force upon the robot's "head".
[roll0]
Acc: 13
DMG: 26

Temotei
2011-01-29, 12:11 AM
Korsan follows Dante's example, yelling and striking simultaneously with the samurai. Something about Dante appeals to the little hypello.

Die.

Upon impact, Korsan attempts to kick off the machine to get farther away--hopefully, far enough for it to matter.

Speech: Die.

Rolls: [roll0] [roll1]
Acrobatics: [roll2] - Defy Gravity may help with this--your call.
ACC: 17
Damage: 43

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-29, 06:28 AM
Bell, Dante & Korsan each shatter metal plates off the creature.

They most likely would have finished it off, but just as the Paladin's spell heals Korsan Felix unleashes a pulse of blood red energy which hit's the creature's voicebox crystal, which proceeds to explode dramatically.

Once you're eyes and ears readjust from the explosion, you see no sign of the machina, though one of the metal plates from it is now glowing with an arcane rune, as is a small circle of metal wire nearby. You also see a pair of vials that were hidden in a box behind a now disintegrated rock.

Most unusually of all you all feel much better, the exploding energy from the second machina seems to have restored you (but sadly not Felix's hat) rather than shredded the flesh from your bones.

The ringing and echoing have stopped, and the four of you are faced with this stranger in armour. The tunnel you came in is blocked by fallen rocks, but the explosion has shattered the righthand wall, which leads into a metal corridor with burned out machina lights lining it.

-----------------
Victory!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCLIg6WT7zM&feature=related)

You're all back at full HP-4, except Korsan who is fully healed.

That's 1XP for victory, and I'm going to call meeting Icarus' character the end of a session, so everyone gets another. As such, you other four now have 5 and may trade them in to level up (Icarus you have 4 2 for backstory/quote/battle/session [turns out you have no fluff or even a name yet, so you get neither of them]).

I'm going to ask you do a rest & recuperate scene where you get to know your new comrade (Felix can mend his hat if he wishes) and when you continue on (either further down the tunnel or back out) you'll be level 6.

Creed
2011-01-29, 10:10 AM
1UP!
Dante sighs and sits down.
Well here's a good resting place as any.

Mecharious
2011-01-29, 01:10 PM
Bell is a bit disoriented from the whole experience.

"Wait, wait... I get the feeling we aren't alone." Bell starts looking around the room, and gasps when she sees the currently un-named man. "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

(She's a bit out of it; doesn't realize he was helping them)

Temotei
2011-01-29, 02:35 PM
Mo'e'oshe could'e'ad. Watch'a'efully.

Speech: More of those could be bad. Watch carefully.

OoC: Korsan gained +1 VIT and +1 Athletics.

Attribute bonuses every three levels are at 4th, 7th, 10th, and so on, right?

IcarusWings
2011-02-01, 02:11 PM
The name's Taurin the man made an elaborate salute with his sword I'm here to fight Machina, so that I may better understand them and fight them for the name of Yevon. It is lucky that you came when you did though, I doubt I could have held them for much longer. Taurin bows deeply to show his gratitude.

Mecharious
2011-02-03, 05:19 PM
"Yevon?" Bell shakes her head. "Well, we're here for a completely different reason, but if you want to join, go ahead. I'm sure there are plenty more machina waiting for us."

After saying this the thief goes over to the fallen machines that they defeated in combat. She looks for anything valuable on them, or anything that would help better her understanding of the machina.

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-03, 05:33 PM
There's the aforementioned glowy things & vials.

Mecharious
2011-02-03, 06:13 PM
Bell is going to check if any of it is trapped in some form. Thievery: [roll0] Awareness: [roll1]

If not, she puts the vials in her bag, and boldly heads out for the newly opened passage. As she moves on, she realizes with all those explosions going on, she should probably protect her eyes. She reaches into her bag (now with vials!) and takes the goggles that she found on the Sinspawn.

(Equipping them)

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-03, 06:29 PM
There are no traps. When she dons the goggles everything turns green and black, the slightest source of light looking like a roaring torch.

------------
Night-vision goggles ftw! :smallcool:

Creed
2011-02-03, 07:00 PM
Dante walks up behind Bell.
What's up with the goggles? Do you see any water around here? hew spreads his arms questioningly.

Temotei
2011-02-03, 07:01 PM
Korsan gets a look of self-satisfaction on his face for a moment when Dante says this.

Mecharious
2011-02-03, 07:39 PM
Bell answers his question rather seriously, "No, I think these give me better vision at night; I'm sure they'll be useful. Don't ask how I got them." She continues walking down the passage then says, "Well, come on, we've still got a Fayth to find."

Creed
2011-02-03, 07:40 PM
Hm, interesting.
he follows her, Mitsurugi draped casually about his shoulders like a mantle.

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-05, 03:59 PM
The tunnel is dark (but Bell is getting used to her green vision and can pick out everything as if their small torch was bright daylight), a metal corridor with dust and debris layering the floor, but no sound except your clanging footfalls.

You come to a split: going onward will take you down a very steep path, left takes you up & right is blocked by a closed door, but seems to go down based on what you can estimate through a small window in the door.

Temotei
2011-02-06, 12:29 AM
Which'ay'a'e'e'eaded? Korsan steps back from the split, letting one of the others decide on which path to take. He eyes the right way suspiciously, feeling like a block might be there for a purpose beyond keeping them out.

Speech: Which way are we headed?

Mecharious
2011-02-06, 06:18 PM
Without saying a word, Bell moves over to the door, examines it, and then if it's safe, checks if its forced closed, or locked in any manner.

Awareness: [roll0]

Unrest
2011-02-07, 09:42 AM
... My hat...

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-08, 04:08 PM
The door isn't jammed from what you can tell. There may well be a lock but it's not one you can see from here. It was likely an electrically fuelled sliding door, with no power atm.

Temotei
2011-02-08, 06:25 PM
Korsan drops to his hands and knees, checking the ground for any signs of recent disturbance, or anything else of particular note.

Rolls: Awareness: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Mecharious
2011-02-08, 07:45 PM
"I don't think we can get through here unless power is restored. Maybe we'll find something if we keep going the other way. Unless Felix could charge it..." She turns over to the currently mopey mage, and asks, "Felix, do you think you can... oh just get over the hat! You can buy a new one when we get out."

Bell ignores the fact that if she wanted a new hat, she wouldn't be buying it.

Unrest
2011-02-09, 05:21 PM
"A NEW hat!? It was an essential extension of a persona, in the words of Durand Belletriste, do you know who he even was!? A hat! I mean, no he was a writer! A writer on Life! A writer on Symbols! What do you know about writing? You could carve something onto someone's forehead, I presume! This is not a ray-operated mechanism! And who the hell are you, swordsman-man? Heavens, all swordsmen... swordspeople here! For heaven's sake," he combs his hair back in a movement so lightning fast you could hardly see it, "a New hat! This is like, rebuilding a city where it was, and, you know, with salt there and all those things This Looks Nothing like a machina that is operated by anything else than by lightning! And who are you, warrior-man?" he addresses Taurin again, even though the paladin introduced himself earlier, "And a new hat! No, you don't replace these! It's like resurrecting your favorite grandpa over and over and over and over again just for him to be able to take care of your children one day more or tell one good story one time more and No you do not raise Hats neither to tell stories nor to fit onto heads once more because They Are The Stories Themselves!! ... The what, what is this mechanism?"

Having regained his composition, Felix approaches the door and inspects them on his own. Right, some people say there's always a good time for fire, don't they, now, isn't there, now?

Mecharious
2011-02-10, 01:17 AM
Bell is taken back by Felix's sudden outrage, and quickly goes from shocked to angry to match his tone, "Carve something onto someone's forehead? What kind of person do you think I am, someone sort of... serial killer?! We've been killing beasts and machina, I'm not... I'm not slaughtering an old woman in front of her grandchildren! You... you insufferable little...!"

Not finding a good way to finish her outburst, she storms off in the other direction, not waiting to see if anyone follows. Her hands start shaking, and she bites her lip.

Oh, Yevon, did I just do that? I've been trying to be so calm, but he's just so... oh, why did I even suggest he join? I thought I could handle this.

Temotei
2011-02-10, 01:22 AM
Korsan glances up as Bell and Felix yell at each other. He sighs, following Bell as she walks away, still paying more attention to the floor and walls than to his allies. Attached'o'ish'at, that'ne...No'nymo'e, technically, but...

Speech: Attached to his hat, that one...Not anymore, technically, but...

Unrest
2011-02-10, 01:30 PM
"Yes, and now- Noo, you don't- Come on!" Felix's voice hits a much more normal tone as he makes several random gestures whose purpose was hard to define, if there at all. "It was a, uh, I... Hmpf." he snorts in an almost-offended manner (though not one to be offended), once again storms up to the door and doom-cracks a ray of burning light at where- Wait a second.

"What's down there?" the Red Mage asks, distracted again, a second before initiating the spell into full force. He says with a tone that can be said to have been stolen from someone within the party: "Why use blunt force if we can... well," his moment of brilliance is almost gone, but comes back again: "if we can see what the other way holds? There's lore saying that a door-" He sees Bell upset. "So yes, I'll go inspect that other path."

He looks into the path leading down, and the darkness stares back.

"So yes, anyone going with me?" With faith enough to crush mountains between his fingers, he makes one heroic step forward. And if nothing has fallen on his head yet, he makes another one. Making sure he's still alive after each one, he progresses.

Or not, if he meets a gruesome fate.

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-12, 03:46 AM
Korsan sees nothing of use.

Felix's heroic actions are rewarded with a large poisoned spike to the chest nothing falling on/ploughing through him. After about 100ft of steadily descending slope he finds the ground levels out & turns from dusty metal to solid rock, the jagged edges of the previous corridor showing that it was broken rather than this being intentional.

As the group step in a snarling sound comes from the corner, light shows a small quadruped; somewhat like a bulldog, except it's razor like teeth are 10 inches long and barred in a menacing manner, it's two minuscule yellow eyes on stalks that reach just over the incredibly disproportionate maw. It is crouched, skulking sideways towards you.

-----------
If anyone goes up or keeps fiddling with the door let me know.

IcarusWings
2011-02-14, 04:51 PM
Seeing Bell's shadow pass along the corridor and out of sight, Taurin hesitates a moment and then strides after her. Wait! I do not know who you are, but I will not let you go alone. I will come with you!

Mecharious
2011-02-14, 05:08 PM
Bell takes a deep breath and responds, "It's Bell. I'm sure they'll be following soon enough. Come on, let's keep going."

Temotei
2011-02-14, 05:12 PM
Korsan just follows silently, giving up on searching the walls and floors, deciding that if anything came up, Bell would probably hit it before he could notice it. Instead, the hypello resorts to finding entertainment through spinning Moonflow around clockwise...counterclockwise...clockwise...

Creed
2011-02-15, 09:32 PM
Dante stalks at the back of the group, behind Korsan, sword in hand, Mitsurugi looking over his shoulder to warn him of any oncoming attacks.

Unrest
2011-02-17, 06:00 PM
"Look. See my hands? There's nothing funny going on with them. Nothing funny. I'll just try to use this, maybe you know it, living in the dark and all, this Twilight spell? It'll cast some... uh... shadow on the situation?"

The creature snapped its jaws. They snapped very, very loud, and the echo could be heard rumbling down another corridor, leading a bit further down.

"Not a fan of the franchise, are you?"

"Griiiieeevaaaaaaaaaawh!!"

"I'm leaving, you see, and-" The... what is this thing anyway! The dog-like monster leaped over ten yards and installed itself right next to the opening leading up, and squawked - or croaked - or shrieked - again, not giving the impression he will easily let go of this treat.

"If this helps any, I didn't like it either" were the words Felix muttered to himself before making a full turn and dashing like an arctic fox on drugs in a blizzard down the other passage; he knocked himself on the side, then reached inside his pocket and extracted Ruby, now fairly awake and quite angry.

"Good you're pissed, baby," Felix uttered, rushing full speed ahead like an asteroid bound to destroy the whole planet, "You're so shiny when you're angry!"

Indeed, the light from Ruby, held by the Red Mage in front of himself, illuminated the corridor somewhat, and at least vaguely informed of the approaching stalagmites and pitfalls. Felix could hear the hideous ugliness chasing him, and while the hound had an obvious advantage in speed, it wasn't that good in navigating the narrowing corridor, in which the mineral spikes looked - and sort of acted - like teeth inside a giant sandworm.

"Gods tell me there is some hope there in front of me there-" he then jumped over the skeleton of a warrior, fully clad in armor and with a powerful if rusty sword at his side, "OHH WHY OHH WHY!"

The razor-filled jaws seemed to cut air right next to the miserable wizard's ear; he closed his eyes, then remembered what kind of terrain he was moving through, and then quickly opened them again.

"Ruby! Do something!"

The Esper tried looking around (a difficult task when you are held in the air and by the neck), opened its mouth wide, and then closed it. The dog stumbled maybe half a time, which let Felix get a yard or two of advantage, but the bats in the upper part of the now very tall but still narrowing corridor got very aroused and started storming the two like a hail of flying mice, which they in essence were. The clasping of the jaws from behind lent Felix the thought that with the bats the the beast might now be having its much-need apetizers.

"Thanks Ruby, that was really a-"

Felix didn't finish the sentence, because just when he was about to say it was... something (well, we don't know, do we?), he found himself rapidly braking before the end of a ledge onto which he ran out of the corridor. From the ledge, he could see a whole underground lake there, hidden deep below the surface of the ground in a vast chamber which was, in fact, quite on the beautiful side.

He didn't have much time to muse, and he didn't even bother to comment his successful braking with an old "Well, that was a close one", as in this second his pursuer hit him right there on the back with its heavy body with the consistency of a sausage; they fell over, luckily, still on the ledge; the 'dog' was biting Felix's arm, but couldn't get to the flesh - the excess of material in the sorcerer's robe was big enough to perhaps feed the beast for several seasons... but given the possibility that it wasn't, Felix decided to kick the bugger back off of himself; the creature somersaulted over the Red Mage's head with the sound of a sleeve being ripped off, and landed in the water with a resounding splash.

Felix got up.

"Whew, that was... Wait, dogs swim, don't they." The intonation clearly marked this wasn't a question, not even a rhetorical one.

The beast, shaking off water and still with bits of material hanging from its muzzle, was quickly making its way up a winding stone ramp up to the ledge Felix stood on; at least this gave the wizard time to buckle up and aim...

I'm sorry guys, it's just that it's my life here and all, aaand generally they don't give us that many spells to begin with. I promise combing the dog next round.
<screw you, server-thing, roll's in OOC>

Mecharious
2011-02-21, 01:12 AM
Bell stops suddenly, and turns around, facing the rest of the group.

"Did you hear that?"

Temotei
2011-02-21, 01:26 AM
Korsan nods, continuing to walk, though slightly slower now that his meat shield is gone and he has to actually search for traps again.

Unrest
2011-02-21, 03:28 PM
While seeing the ray of burning light a dazzling white column rushing from his fingers towards the beast, Felix gets the strangest of thoughts.

"Meatshielhotdog?"

This thought is quickly lost on him as he carries on admiring the ray of burning light a dazzling white column rushing from his fingers towards the beast. In a way, he had to admit, magic never gets old.

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-26, 07:16 AM
The dog monster is unbelievably annihilated. A single pyrefly floats up from the smoking crater where it used to be.

-----------------
Felix gets 1 Destiny, and the everyone (including Felix) gets a point of Destiny as they feel life rush back into the world (aka. sorry for my absence).

Unrest
2011-02-26, 01:27 PM
As the rumble of the spell dies around the powerful cavern lake, the Red Mage opens his eyes to see... well, nothing really. Over at where the dog was when the ray hit it there is a cooling puddle of molten rock, and a single pyrefly flows up into the air, as if carried on a wisp of smoke.

Felix walks up there and stares into the puddle.

"Not much Gil outta this one."

He waves his hand at the pyrefly, and tips Ruby to produce some light. She sighs, and, sitting on his shoulder, shines.

The sorcerer turns around at the mouth of the corridor and looks at the vast underground lake once again:

"A neat locale. Maybe will try to book a cruise one day when time allows..."

Oh the confusion; say, if I wanted to do a "Spot" check, do I add anything? I don't have Awareness, so I'd just, well, add ability rating? Sorry if I already asked.
[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-09, 01:27 PM
You're Awareness lets you find your way back to where you came from, but you don't find anything else of interest (except a sort of starfish crawling up the wall that appears to be giving you the "evil eye").

You meet your comrades pretty much where you met the razor mouthed bulldog the first time.

----------------
Wow, I had no idea I'd not posted in so long. Really sorry guys.

Temotei
2011-03-09, 04:45 PM
Korsan looks at Felix for a moment, seeing a bit of dust and...something else on the mage's clothing. He shakes his head.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-11, 03:03 PM
The rest of the team didn't have a chance to lose their bearings being chased by a rapid monster. This combined with Felix's knowledge acquired during his run through the tunnels allows y'all to find your way well enough.

You walk for a while before the new Paladin's keen eye spots a chocobo feather. And another. And a third, they seem to form a trail that leads you to a very ornate door, like that which guards the Fayth. The door is closed, but you each hear whispers asking you to enter.

-----------
3/5 Int checks were succesful so you find your way.

Crit success on Icarus' Awareness finds the trail.

I understand if everyone buggered off, but if you're still here then: roll call.

IcarusWings
2011-03-11, 06:23 PM
What is this? Taurin is obviously unnerved by the whisperings It cannot bode well.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-15, 02:08 PM
The whispers continue.

Temotei
2011-03-15, 05:54 PM
Korsan simply examines the door for a moment, then obliges, pushing it open with his head.

Creed
2011-03-15, 09:29 PM
The rest of the team didn't have a chance to lose their bearings being chased by a rapid monster. This combined with Felix's knowledge acquired during his run through the tunnels allows y'all to find your way well enough.

You walk for a while before the new Paladin's keen eye spots a chocobo feather. And another. And a third, they seem to form a trail that leads you to a very ornate door, like that which guards the Fayth. The door is closed, but you each hear whispers asking you to enter.

-----------
3/5 Int checks were succesful so you find your way.

Crit success on Icarus' Awareness finds the trail.

I understand if everyone buggered off, but if you're still here then: roll call.

LEEROY!

Dante draws a sword and follows Korsan.

Unrest
2011-03-18, 03:11 PM
Egads, guys, why didn't anyone PM me or something or post in the OOC! Geez! I kept checking only OOC and thought it's all dead'n'gone.

"Good to see you people, I've just had this hazzard-ridden misadventure and... oh well, nevermind."

As they arrive at the door, the whispers first make the Red Mage alert, but then make him lean towards the door with a thoughtful face, and with one ear almost touching the surface he says:

"Why should we?"

I don't know if he's expecting someone to reply, or something, he's strange.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-21, 07:32 AM
Those that aproach the door are greeted by the stone doorway receding upwards, leaving a gap in the archway.

Inside is a large spherical room, lit by the soft golden glow from an unseen source. Pyreflies float lazily through the air and every inch of the walls are scribed with ancient runes (unlike in the temples however, these ones seem rough, like they were carved by a layman rather than the artisans employed by Bevelle). The Hymn of the Fayth echoes gently around you, the voice is that of a young girl.

When you enter the room the whispers stop and your Eidolons appear around the edge of the room, heads bowed respectfully.

At the centre of the floor is a large glass circle, slightly raied at it's centre. Beneath it is the statue of a Fayth; a Hume girl partially fused into a stone representation of large butterfly style wings. Her hands are laid over one another at her waist, a wooden quarterstaff topped with a spiral in her hands. Three white stars form a triangle around her.

After everyone is in who's coming in the pyreflies seem to react and coalesce over the statue, bringing forth the ghostly image of a Hume Girl in a white hooded robe, lined in red detail. In her hand she bears the staff seen in the statue. With a bow she introduces her self in the same voice you hear singing.

"Hi there, I'm Theyla. Nice to meet you."

Creed
2011-03-21, 08:39 PM
Dante is stunned, but knows enough about his religious views to sheath his sword.

Temotei
2011-03-21, 08:43 PM
Korsan stares at the girl a little warily, though curiously. He circles to the edge of the party.

IcarusWings
2011-03-22, 12:54 AM
Taken aback by this, Taurin takes a moment to recollect himself and then strides forward and kneels before the girl to talk to her. Hello little... Theyla? Who are you, and what is your business here?

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-22, 02:49 AM
"Well I live here, so technically you're all in my bedroom if you want to think of I that way.

As for why I'm speaking to you, well you're the first people to make it all the way down here in forever. I was hoping the Chocobo Summoner would make it, but he got his leg caught in a trap. Which sucks, because I like chocobos.

Anyway, the reason I let you in (which I'm not supposed to do), is because I need your help. I used to right up near the surface, but Sin made an earthquake and my chamber fell all the way down here, meaning no Summoners can find me, which means I can't help beating Sin anymore. And I want to help, and I totally can, so I was wondering if you guys could help me get back to somewhere more reachable."

As she talks she goes up to the manifestations of your Eidolons and strokes each one in turn, to which they all respond approvingly.

IcarusWings
2011-03-27, 07:09 AM
I'll help you. And I'm sure my companions would be happy too also. Taurin turns around to look at the rest of the party.

Temotei
2011-03-27, 12:09 PM
Ashume dange'? We'e no'shupposhed'o be'n'e'e, afte'll. Korsan eyes the girl intensely for a moment before scanning the room for anything that would hint at her lying.

Roll: Awareness: [roll0]
Lore (Esper): [roll1]

Speech: Assume danger? We're not supposed to be in here, after all.

Unrest
2011-03-27, 03:39 PM
"I would not expect," starts Felix, leaning his head towards the Hypello, but with his eyes still fixed on the apparition, "I would not expect there to be that much danger. Not unless the place starts crumbling... down... when we take her away or something..." He speaks slowly, as if pondering heavily, which he indeed is.

"How can a ghost... a ghost of light, who is buried in this place and looks holy and empathic and all... be talking like that? Didn't she read any book on how spirits talk?"

"Gee."

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 03:52 PM
Korsan:
Awareness - Nothing actively makes you think she would be lying. Technically having never been a Summoner you've never seen the inside of a Chamber of the Fayth before, so this could be normal or completely bizarre. But there's a statue, pyreflies and she claims to be a Fayth, seems pretty much legit.

Lore - You're thoughts recall nothing about a Fayth in these parts.

"Well you're not Summoners is all. I'm not even supposed to let the Maesters in here because it's taboo; but I'm doing no good all the way down here, I need to be where Summoners can find me."

She then adresses Felix's comment.

"Well I wasn't always a Fayth, I used to be a girl. So I talk like a girl, you know, normal like.