PDA

View Full Version : Batman Sephiroth? Nameless Zerobody! [Flawed PEACHes / WIP]

Morph Bark
2010-11-14, 09:14 AM
Still a work in progress, but I gotta jet for now. Incomprehensible Accent to follow after this. In the meantime, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9749536#post9749536) is the Flaw campaign recruitment thread if anyone still wants to know!

NAMELESS ZEROBODY

http://69.89.31.93/~rollerne/rn2/20080508_nobody_cares_title_01-1.png (http://www.impawards.com/1973/my_name_is_nobody.html)

“Who are you?”
“I am but a shadow of a man, hidden away in darkness. I bear no name of meaning, nothing of worth. I am shapeless, formless. I am no one, I am less than one. I’m zero.”
“…so who are you, really?”
“I’m Batman.”
“You’re not Batman.”
“I am! I got the suit and the mysterious aura and the fighting and everything!”
“You don't have a pubescent kid in red-yellow-green running after you, you don't have a utility belt and you don't have a signlight up in the sky.”
“...well played.”

While you may not be Batman, you are indeed nobody. You are nameless. You are a zero, a sum of your parts without having parts. And yet you manage to leave your stamp on the world.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
BAB: +2
Flaws: Unimportant NPC
Skills: Hide 5 ranks, Move Silently 5 ranks

Unimportant NPC
Nobody cares about you.
Benefits: You have no name. You are never included when the group divides its treasure. You are never part of the initiative order (and thus you always go last).

Obviously, this does not apply when you are in an area unauthorized, like the Big Bad's Bathroom. It mostly functions as a case of unrecognized identity, as people just refer to you as "that guy" all the time and forget about you at crucial moments or when it just comes in handy for them (as with splitting the loot).

Class Skills
The Nameless Zerobody's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are all of them. The Nameless Zerobody strives to be the best at all things and thus relinquishes no training of any skill.
Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + Int

Hit Dice: d6

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|No Power, Sudden Strike +1d6, Truly Nameless

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+0|Not Here (invisible, silent), Summability

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|Summability

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|Sudden Strike +2d6

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|Summability

6th|
+6|
+2|
+5|
+2|Not Here (more invisible), Summability

7th|
+7|
+2|
+5|
+2|Hide in Plain Sight, Sudden Strike +3d6

8th|
+8|
+2|
+6|
+2|Summability

9th|
+9|
+3|
+6|
+3|Summability

10th|
+10|
+3|
+7|
+3|Not here (ethereal), Sudden Strike +4d6[/table]

No Power (Su): A Nameless Zerobody uses the power of no, a mysterious power that dwells within dirt farmers, office clerks who work from 9 to 5, carriage mechanics, maids, janitors, nurses, gardeners with a hedgeclipper fetish and childless soccer moms. A Nameless Zerobody has an amount of no points equal to their class level plus their Cha mod.

Sudden Strike: You deal 1d6 extra damage to targets that are flat-footed or are otherwise denied their Dex bonus to AC. This extra damage increases to 2d6 at level 4, 3d6 at level 7 and 4d6 at level 10. This also applies to ranged attacks against targets within 30 ft. Creatures with concealment, indiscernible anatomies or immunity to critical hits don’t receive this extra damage.

Truly Nameless: You are so nameless, you don’t even possess a personal truename! You therefore cannot be affected by truenaming that requires a personal truename.

Not Here (Su): From level 2 onwards a Nameless Zerobody can make himself even less noticed. By spending 1 no point as a swift action, he can make himself invisible (as per the invisibility spell) for 1 round or silent (as per the silence spell) for 1 round.

From level 6 onwards a Nameless Zerobody can spend 2 no points as a swift action to make himself invisible as if he were affected by the greater invisibility spell for 1 round.

At level 10 a Nameless Zerobody can spend 2 no points to become ethereal for 1 round.

Summability: You are the sum of your parts. You can be hidden away as usual for your kind, or you can attempt to go out in the open and break the mold.

Can’t Touch Me
As an immediate action you can get a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves against the first attack against you or the first effect that requires you to make a Reflex save.

Divide By Zero* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DivideByZero)
Prerequisites: BAB+6, Iaijutsu Focus 5 ranks
You are zero, and therefore divide your enemies by zero! When making a full attack with all attacks aimed at the same target, you may add Iaijutsu Focus damage to all attacks as long as it would apply to the first attack.
If you kill a target this way, you may choose to go for a ‘bloodsplatter’ effect as you slice them in half and get covered in their bodily juices. You gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate until you wash yourself and you are immediately recognized by everyone who could see the target die, until the end of the day.

Doctor Tran
Prerequisites: Must have a gender
You gain a +2 bonus to disguise as the other gender and may use sending as a spell-like ability once per day.

From Nobody to Nightmare* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FromNobodyToNightmare)
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 9, Evil alignment
You can use the form of doom (here (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/psionicPowersDtoF.html#form-of-doom)) power as a psi-like ability once per day.

I Know That!
Once per day, you may make a single Knowledge check to analyze one of your opponents as a move check. The Knowledge skill required depends on the opponent’s creature type. If you succeed on a DC 19 check, you grant yourself and your allies a +1 bonus to attack rolls against that particular creature for the rest of the encounter. If you beat the DC by 10, this bonus increases to +2. If you beat the DC by 20, this bonus increases to +3.
Whenever you use this ability, your allies and the target immediately recognize you for the rest of the encounter, as long as you succeed.

I Know That Too!
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 6, I Know That! summability
Once per day, you may make a single Knowledge check to analyze one of your opponents as a move check. The Knowledge skill required depends on the opponent’s creature type. If you succeed on a DC 19 check, you grant yourself and your allies a +1 bonus to saves against abilities and spells used by that particular creature for the rest of the encounter. If you beat the DC by 10, this bonus increases to +2. If you beat the DC by 20, this bonus increases to +3.
Whenever you use this ability, your allies and the target immediately recognize you for the rest of the encounter, as long as you succeed.

I Know That Three!
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 9, I Know That! Summability, I Know That Too! summability
Once per day, you may make a single Knowledge check to analyze one of your opponents as a move check. The Knowledge skill required depends on the opponent’s creature type. If you succeed on a DC 19 check, you grant yourself and your allies a +1 bonus to damage rolls against that particular creature for the rest of the encounter. If you beat the DC by 10, this bonus increases to +2. If you beat the DC by 20, this bonus increases to +3.

Just Add Dragons (Sp)
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 8
You gain the ability to summon a Large dragon with a name unlike yours.
Instant
Large Dragon
Hit Dice: 7d12
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), fly 50 ft
Armor Class: (), touch, flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+12
Attack: Bite +7 melee (2d6+1)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (2d6+1) and 2 claws +1 melee (1d8) and 2 wings +1 melee (1d6) and tail slap +1 melee (1d8+1)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft (10 ft with bite)
Special Attacks: Breath weapon (20 ft cone, 7d6 fire)
Special Qualities: Dragon traits, low-light vision, darkvision out to 60 feet, immunity to sleep
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
Abilities Str 12, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 9, Wis 9, Cha 9
Skills: Diplomacy +9, Listen +9, Search +9, Spot +9, Use Magic Device +9
Feats: Fly-by Attack, Improved Sunder, Power Attack

Just Add Robots (Sp)
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 5
You gain the ability to summon a Large construct with a name unlike yours.
Awesome
Large Construct
Hit Dice: 4d10+30 (52 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (–1 size, +5 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft
Special Attacks: Trample
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., damage reduction 10/adamantine or magic, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will –4
Abilities Str 16, Dex 10, Con —, Int —, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills: —
Feats: —

Trample (Ex): Awesome can trample creatures two or more sizes smaller than itself, dealing damage equal to its slam damage + 1 1/2 times its Strength bonus. Opponents who do not make attacks of opportunity against Awesome can attempt Reflex saves (DC 10 + 1/2 object’s HD + object’s Str modifier) to halve the damage.

Just Replace Robots With Mecha (Sp)
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 6, Just Add Robots summability
Your robot gains the Ganmen subtype (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105858), allowing you to sit inside of it and pilot it.

Named Soldier
Prerequisites: BAB+6
You gain a +1 bonus to all attack rolls and a +2 bonus to all damage rolls with weapons. Armour and shield bonuses you receive from equipment both increase by 1.

Nemo 'Nemo' means no one.
You gain the ability to breathe underwater.

No Body Left Behind
When you die, your body explodes in a burst of ghostly white fire. Every enemy within 20 ft takes 1d6 fire damage per 2 Nameless Zerobody class levels you had, plus force damage equal to your Nameless Zerobody class levels. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + class levels + Con mod) halves the fire damage.

No Personality, Much Awesome
Not having a strong enough personality to break through the barrier of unrecognizability that surrounds you, you instead tackle it with insight. You key your granted no points per day off either Intelligence or Wisdom (once chosen, it cannot be changed). Furthermore, summabilities that have a save DC dependant on Cha use the modifier of the chosen ability score instead.

Nobody Ability = Nobility?
You just so happened to own a little slab of land somewhere and have an incredibly minor title! You can exchange all your Commoner levels for Aristocrat levels. You get a +1 bonus to your Recognizability score for each Aristocrat level you have. Furthermore, you have ten level 1 Commoners as followers, working on your land to provide for their families and for yours (even if you are the only member of your family).

Nobody’s Business
You can use coins as shuriken and bags of money as greatclubs or clubs (requires at least 200 coins in the bag for a greatclub, 50 to act like a club). Silver coins have a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls. Gold coins have a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls. Platinum coins have a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls. You can throw three shuriken with one attack roll, but the coins only gain the lowest attack bonus (so if you throw a silver and two gold coins, they have a +1 bonus to attack, the silver has a +1 bonus to damage and the gold ones have a +2 bonus to damage). Like shuriken, they are effectively destroyed once they hit a target.

Nobody Calls Me Chicken* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NobodyCallsMeChicken)
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested, Cluck Fu class ability
You get half your Nameless Zerobody level as a bonus to attack and damage rolls when using Cluck Fu. At class level 5, you can summon a chicken swarm at-will as a standard action as a spell-like ability (use bat swarm stats, minus blindsense and with 10 ft land and fly speed (clumsy)). If you summon a second chicken swarm, the old chicken swarm disappears if it still exists.

Nobody Can Touch You
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 6, Can’t Touch Me summability
Once per encounter, you can gain a +5 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves for one round as a free action as appropriate music plays in the background.

Nobody Cares
Who cares?

Nobody Dies
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 9
When you pick this ability, every time you die you reincarnate automatically one hour later with 1 hp left. However, you do lose 2 Constitution every time you die like a 1st-level character would. You can choose not to come back via this method.

Nobody Eats
You get the Track feat. You get a +2 competence bonus to Survival checks.

Nobody Knows
You get a +2 competence bonus to Knowledge checks.

Nobody Moves! (Ex)
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 6
Even when told to freeze on the spot, you still defy your own biology by moving quickly. Once per encounter you can move up to your land speed as an immediate action. You gain a +30 ft bonus to your land speed for this (and thus also a +12 bonus to Jump checks).

Nobody Thinks It Will Work (Sp)* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NobodyThinksItWillWork)
Once per day, the Nameless Zerobody may designate one target for this ability. That target must make a Will save (DC 14 + half HD) or become permanently affected by an Extraordinary charm monster effect towards the Nameless Zerobody (enabling them to notice the Nameless Zerobody if they otherwise couldn’t) that cannot be dispelled or affected by anti-magic. However, if the Nameless Zerobody attacks the target or aids someone attacking the target, the charm effect is instantly negated and the target becomes immune to this ability. If the Nameless Zerobody uses this ability on anyone else at a later date, a target still under the effect of this ability is released and made immune to this ability once they find out, and become incredibly hostile towards the Nameless Zerobody.

Not Batman (Su)
Prerequisite: Nameless Zerobody level 3
You have realized you are not Batman. But you can try. As long as you are wearing a belt with at least one pouch hanging from it, you can take out any Tiny or smaller item from the pouch that costs less than 1 gp, at will.

One Winged Angel (Su)
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 9, Zero Wings summability
You have surpassed all expectations, reaching badass level one! Once per day, you may activate a state of greatness. When you pick this ability, choose three level 1 Warblade martial maneuvers, one of level 2 and one of level 3, as well as one stance of level 3 or below. Further you must also choose one spell of levels 1-3 each from the Sorcerer list. When you activate this ability, you grow a single feathered wing and gain access to the Warblade maneuvers (recoverable as normal via the Warblade method) and can cast the spells at-will. This state lasts until you are knocked unconscious, killed, or the encounter has ended. You can also fly at double your base land speed with poor maneuverability.

The Chosen Zero
You can use all skills untrained. Furthermore, once per encounter, you can gain a +4 bonus on all attack rolls for one round as a free action, but all attacks made that round deal nonlethal damage.

The Obi-One
Prerequisites: Nameless Zerobody level 5, The One - or Two… summability
You gain a +2 competence bonus to Bluff, Intimidate, Jump and Tumble checks. You gain a little kid as a cohort, and can summon a +1 brilliant energy adamantine greatsword that you can use for 10 rounds every day.

The One - or Two…
You gain a +2 competence bonus on Intimidate checks and a +2 bonus on Fortitude saves.

You Only Die Twice
When you die, the creature or object responsible takes the amount of damage that caused your death (minimum 10, maximum equal to your maximum hp + 10).

Zero Wings (Su)
You have no wings, yet you possess some measure of getting airborne! You can walk on the air, effectively flying, as long as you begin and end your turn on solid footing.

Zorrobody
Prerequisites: Weapon Finesse, Use Rope 5 ranks
You gain proficiency with all non-exotic weapons that are finessable, as well as proficiency with the whip. If you also have the Mad Hat Trickster's Professor's Fedora, you gain the Whip Climber skill trick for free (it costs no skill points and does not count towards your skill trick limit).

Hide in Plain Sight: A Nameless Zerobody can make a Hide check even while being observed. However, if one enemy spots him, all enemies become aware of him immediately.

Feat!

Expanded No Pool
Prerequisites: No power class feature
Benefit: You gain 4 extra No points.

Extra Summability
Prerequisites: Summability class feature
Benefit: You gain one extra summability.

Adaptation
The general unrecognizability and namelessness might make it hard to RP a Nameless Zerobody. For that reason, you may give them the following Alternate Class Features (more like Additional Class Features, really):

“A” Name: Enough is enough, you’ve had it with the namelessness and not being taken for who or what you are. The fact you don’t even know your own name doesn’t matter! Pick a letter, any letter. That is now your name. Letters from other languages, like ‘Alpha’ from Greek or ‘Shin’ from Hebrew, or a single character from Chinese, Japanese or Korean, are also allowed. For letters from fantasty languages, consult the DM. Single-digit numbers are fine as well.

Recognizability: A Nameless Zerobody has a so-called Recognizability score. Creatures with an amount of HD equal to or less than the Nameless Zerobody's Recognizability score never ignore him (that is, they are not affected by your Flaw). This Recognizability score is equal to a Nameless Zerobody's class levels plus any bonuses.

Magicyop
2010-11-14, 09:26 AM
Hah, awesome, can't wait to see it finished. I love Nobody Ability = Nobility?

Can just imagine playing a character like, "The semi-honorable secondary archprince-in-waiting of burmingham."

Pyromancer999
2010-11-14, 10:00 AM
Looks pretty good. For a summability ability, I'd suggest maybe one called Nobody can do that that allows them to make use of another class's class feature or maybe gain a huge bonus to one roll or check based on their Nameless Zerobody level.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-14, 11:05 AM
Another name you could use for a summability would be Nobody's Hero though I'm not entirely sure what it would do...

Pyromancer999
2010-11-14, 11:29 AM
Another name you could use for a summability would be Nobody's Hero though I'm not entirely sure what it would do...

Isn't there a Heroism spell? Maybe the Nameless Zerobody just is under the effect of that for a certain amount of time each day.

EdroGrimshell
2010-11-14, 12:05 PM
I like thins one. Can't wait to see the others as well. If you need help just ask me.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-11-14, 12:28 PM
I like this idea. Summability name ideas:

- Nobody could survive that
- Nobody loves you
- Nobody wins

No, I don't know what they'd do.

Morph Bark
2010-11-14, 01:24 PM
No, I don't know what they'd do.

Perfect. Gives me the opportunity to surprise everyone! :smallbiggrin:

Such suggestions, thoughts and ideas are, of course, always welcome.

Magicyop
2010-11-14, 06:18 PM
Actually. I think you should remove the "you have a symbol name" thing because it takes away some of the fun of the class. Without it, you refer to yourself in fun and exciting ways as a PC. Rather than, "Taroka frowns dispassionately at the tall orc." it would be, "The brown haired waiter frowns at the tall orc."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 04:29 AM
Zero Wings (Su)
You have no wings, yet you possess some measure of getting airborne! You can walk on the air, effectively flying, as long as you begin and end your turn on solid footing.

Maybe it's just me, but we need an upgrade. :smallwink:

One Winged Angel (Su)
Prerequisites: Zero Wings, Nameless Zerobody level 9
You have surpassed all expectations, reaching level one!
Once per week, you may activate a state of pure awesome. You may use manouevers as if a Swordsage of half your level, and may use spells as a Sorcerer of half your level, until knocked unconscious, killed, or one hour has passed. You can also fly at 60ft (Poor).

Morph Bark
2010-11-15, 08:18 AM
Actually. I think you should remove the "you have a symbol name" thing because it takes away some of the fun of the class. Without it, you refer to yourself in fun and exciting ways as a PC. Rather than, "Taroka frowns dispassionately at the tall orc." it would be, "The brown haired waiter frowns at the tall orc."

Putting it as an alternative Adaptation.

Maybe it's just me, but we need an upgrade. :smallwink:

One Winged Angel (Su)
Prerequisites: Zero Wings, Nameless Zerobody level 9
You have surpassed all expectations, reaching level one!
Once per week, you may activate a state of pure awesome. You may use manouevers as if a Swordsage of half your level, and may use spells as a Sorcerer of half your level, until knocked unconscious, killed, or one hour has passed. You can also fly at 60ft (Poor).

Ha! That's a good possibility. Of course, the benefits wouldn't be that great. A few Swordsage maneuvers and some spells at-will for the rest of the encounter could do, perhaps.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 08:21 AM
Awesome! (giggles)

Morph Bark
2010-11-15, 08:25 AM
There! It's useable more often and a little less nova-ish, but fitting enough I imagine. XD

Hm, making it Warblade stuff would be more fitting though, especially seeing as how they want to prove themselves (and Seph never came across as very Swordsage-like, more like... a Ruby Knight Vindicator?).

Edge
2010-11-15, 09:30 AM
You can never actually acquire From Nobody To Nightmare, since it requires class level 10, and you don't gain a Summability that level. Minor little thing.

Aside from that, this is looking like a fun little prestige class. :smallcool:

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-15, 02:38 PM
The previous ones were silly, but this...this is utterly retarded...like a fox!

I almost cried with laughter at the One Winged Angel thing...

Have an internet! Hell! Take two!

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 02:51 PM
...since I suggested the one winged angel, do I get one of those nets? :smalltongue:

IcarusWings
2010-11-15, 02:56 PM
Nobody's Perfect for a summability name, and possibly some Organization XIII themed abilities :smallbiggrin:

I also think recognizability shouldn't be there. The flaw classes should (and are) be about working with the flaw for awesomeness, rather than try and make up for the flaw(although the rest of this class does that really well).

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-15, 02:57 PM
Right, I'm selling tickets for a fight for the 'nets between M-Bark and Lix Lorn!

Roll up! Roll up!

Princess Peach in the blue corner! Pimpin' Yachiru in the red corner!

Seriously though, Nice One Lix!

Magicyop
2010-11-15, 02:59 PM
Nobody's Perfect for a summability name, and possibly some Organization XIII themed abilities :smallbiggrin:

I also think recognizability shouldn't be there. The flaw classes should (and are) be about working with the flaw for awesomeness, rather than try and make up for the flaw(although the rest of this class does that really well).

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Where's the fun in playing an unimportant NPC if this class gives you a name, and makes it so you're no longer unimportant. You need to use your unimportance to gain awesome, rather than becoming more important.

My vote is... remove the "letter name" part and the "recognizability score". Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome class and I still want to play one... :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 03:04 PM
Right, I'm selling tickets for a fight for the 'nets between M-Bark and Lix Lorn!

Roll up! Roll up!

Princess Peach in the blue corner! Pimpin' Yachiru in the red corner!

Seriously though, Nice One Lix!
I support Yachiru all the way. Yachiruuuu! ♥♥♥

Morph Bark
2010-11-15, 03:44 PM
The previous ones were silly, but this...this is utterly retarded...like a fox!

I almost cried with laughter at the One Winged Angel thing...

Have an internet! Hell! Take two!

:smallbiggrin:

/shares a bit of 'net with Lix anyway

I support Yachiru all the way. Yachiruuuu! ♥♥♥

Squeeeeee--okaymovingon~

Heh, of course. :smallbiggrin: (I actually thought of using Xemnas for the class picture, but thought it might go over many heads. That being said, I DID think of including a mindblade-like one, which works with Xemnas since he kind of uses lightsabers.)

Hm, I can take recognizeability out as well and put it in an adaptation thing as with "A" Name, just like I did with the Broken Corpse. I'll have to figure out how to word something right though so that the flaw won't just mean "I can infiltrate any base and get out with the loot without anyone noticing me".

At any rate, I am getting to adding a few right away that I made up in class, as I really knew all the stuff in that class already anyway. In fact, the only other thing this class today was good for was having me decide my Bachelor thesis subject will be on the existence of aliens.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-15, 03:48 PM
I'll have to figure out how to word something right though so that the flaw won't just mean "I can infiltrate any base and get out with the loot without anyone noticing me".

Maybe do it as some sort of Mistaken Identity thing. You never get recognised for who you are, but you can quite easily be mistaken for somebody else or something else...

Morph Bark
2010-11-15, 03:54 PM
Maybe do it as some sort of Mistaken Identity thing. You never get recognised for who you are, but you can quite easily be mistaken for somebody else or something else...

...That actually totally works in its utter simplicity. You're hired!

...wait, I'm no employer. You're fired!

P.S. No you're not. You're iced! *shot for pun*

AugustNights
2010-11-15, 03:55 PM
My name is Nobody (http://www.bigheadpress.com/otr?page=13).

Nobody's Story (http://www.netjeff.com/humor/item.cgi?file=EverybodiesJob)

Nobody Knows (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobody_Knows_the_Trouble_I%27ve_Seen)

Trust Nobody?

Please, Anybody, Find Me Somebody?

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-15, 04:09 PM
...That actually totally works in its utter simplicity. You're hired!

Well, I'm glad you liked it... and no, I wouldn't hire me either, 3.5 isn't my native system... I just lurk occasionally.

One of the James Bond title songs has just sprung to mind though...

Nobody does it better

Epsilon Rose
2010-11-16, 09:46 AM
This is kinda cool. Though I wish a few of the some abilities used no points.

Cieyrin
2010-11-16, 05:59 PM
Love it, M-Bark, especially One-Winged Angel. The only thing of note I have right now is you have Ki power in the table, which should be No power. :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
2010-11-16, 09:27 PM
Love it, M-Bark, especially One-Winged Angel. The only thing of note I have right now is you have Ki power in the table, which should be No power. :smalltongue:

Quickly fixed that.

On an unrelated note, if you don't see me on tomorrow, it is because I will have become a Broken Corpse due to sleep deprivation. @_@

lord pringle
2010-11-17, 09:42 AM
So wait a second, if a halfling takes this class does it make him a gnomebody?[/horridpun]

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-17, 09:58 AM
So wait a second, if a halfling takes this class does it make him a gnomebody?[/horridpun]

Nope, it just makes him a nobuddy like anyone else taking the class.

Raimun
2010-11-17, 10:25 AM
Nobody is Perfect: You gain all Class Features of all classes. Usable once per year for one round.

Pyromancer999
2010-11-17, 03:53 PM
Nobody is Perfect: You gain all Class Features of all classes. Usable once per year for one round.

I think that Perfection more has to do with doing things perfectly. Here's my version:

Nobody's Perfect: For a number of rounds per day equal to half your Nameless Zerobody level, you may treat all checks and rolls as being natural 20s. These rounds need not be spent consecutively.

You could also just change rounds to times.

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-17, 04:10 PM
I think that Perfection more has to do with doing things perfectly. Here's my version:

Nobody's Perfect: For a number of rounds per day equal to half your Nameless Zerobody level, you may treat all checks and rolls as being natural 20s. These rounds need not be spent consecutively.

You could also just change rounds to times.

Combines quite nicely with this:
Nobody does it better
Once per day, when a party member fails at a trained skill check, you may make a skill check to attempt the same action with a competence bonus equal to half their skill ranks.

KaganMonk
2010-11-17, 10:44 PM
This guy really needs some sort of Vow of Poverty or he's likely to fall behind in loot. Unless he just raids the others while they're sleeping and waits for them to forget he exists.

Cieyrin
2010-11-18, 02:37 PM
This guy really needs some sort of Vow of Poverty or he's likely to fall behind in loot. Unless he just raids the others while they're sleeping and waits for them to forget he exists.

Just because you're not allotted a share doesn't mean you can't take one for yourself, especially considering how sneaky the class is.:smallwink:

Morph Bark
2010-11-18, 03:13 PM
You could just ignore that part yeah, or give the class a Monk's Unarmed Strike progression and Cha to AC (it just feels more Cha- than Wis-based, and they'd need a bunch of Cha to get over being ignored so, I suppose).

I'm thinking of just adding that in, as I would most likely enforce the loot rule. Prolly also give away a free +2 bonus to an ability score at levels 4 and 8 or so, and some other minor stuff. Of course, you'd be forbidden from taking Vow of Poverty as well.

On the other hand, one could just take Vow of Poverty as their Flaw feat. :smalltongue:

Thoughts on this matter?

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 03:25 PM
I liked recognisability to solve that... your allies would be your level, so wouldn't ignore you.
Or, you could give their allies the ability to acclimatise to them?

Morph Bark
2010-11-21, 10:47 AM
Added Divide By Zero, Doctor Tran, Just Add Dragons, Just Add Robots, Just Replace Robots With Mecha, Nobody Dies, The Obi-One and Zorrobody.

EDIT: I will add in something later about allies recognizing you and the getting-no-loot bit.

Cieyrin
2010-11-22, 03:11 PM
Divide by Zero is my new favorite Summability. :smallbiggrin:

Question: Does No power act the same way as Ki power in relation to feats that require Ki power?

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-22, 03:21 PM
Divide by Zero is my new favorite Summability. :smallbiggrin:

Question: Does the No power act the same way as the Ki power in relation to feats that require a Ki power?

I would guess the answer to that is No or possibly Ki

Morph Bark
2010-11-23, 01:32 PM
I would guess the answer to that is No or possibly Ki

Wir gehen ins Ki No!

German for: We're going to the cinema Ki No!

Yes it makes no sense. It also is good for a battlecry! Of sorts!

Seriously though, I've looked at Enduring Ki, and I thought that that was already part of Ki power in the first place. Man, the Ninja suddenly looks a load suckier by how they intended it. Anyway, kick that in the face and just use No power as if you already had Enduring Ki No.

The other one?

Expanded No Pool

Now in the first post.

Cieyrin
2010-11-23, 02:31 PM
Wir gehen ins Ki No!

German for: We're going to the cinema Ki No!

Yes it makes no sense. It also is good for a battlecry! Of sorts!

Seriously though, I've looked at Enduring Ki, and I thought that that was already part of Ki power in the first place. Man, the Ninja suddenly looks a load suckier by how they intended it. Anyway, kick that in the face and just use No power as if you already had Enduring Ki No.

The other one?

Expanded No Pool

Now in the first post.

Yays! That makes being awesome even easier! :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2010-11-23, 02:40 PM
By the way, note that, unless I specify it on a feat, it can only be taken once. So, like normal feats, basically.