PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind

Dhavaer
2005-12-02, 11:50 PM
What are your preferred races and skills to use in Morrowind?
I've always liked enchantment, alteration and mysticism, as well as destruction and either short or long blades. I generally play Dunmer or Breton.

McDeath
2005-12-03, 12:53 AM
I've just started to become the Nerevarine with my current character. I have Conjuration, long Blade and Medium Armor as major. Also, I accidentally put Mysticism as a major skill, which was rather irritating.

But anyway, i like Bretons. Conjuration and Long Blade are my favourite skills, mainly because i like summoning, and being able to wield Lilarcor.

Deleran
2005-12-03, 02:12 AM
I've said it twice before on these boards alone, but I'll say it again: (probably many times) fantastic game. I love house Telvanni. The whole houses made of trees thing has really stayed with me. I like the idea.

As for the races and skills: Dunmer, Long Blade, Medium Armor, Alteration and Destruction as majors worked out real well for me.

Dhavaer
2005-12-03, 02:20 AM
I always thought the Telvanni building were mushrooms.
What's Lilarcor? Presumably it's a longsword, but I've never found that weapon.
I go for enchantment because, in my first game, I discovered how powerful it could be. I managed to fit something like a 100 damage a second for three seconds at range with a radius of 40 or so into a daedric tower shield. I wasn't powerful enough to actually make the thing, and it was ridiculously expensive, but damn I wish I could have.

Lothorus
2005-12-03, 02:23 AM
Mind the spoilers, McDeath. ;)

Anyway, I've always loved this game. I usually play physical-heavy characters like the Nords, only focusing on utility magic like restoration and the stuff that lets you overcome troubling terrain (Levitate, walk on water, increase speed). Oh, and I always loved enchanting items. The game is a lot easier if you make your own amulets of intervention, mark, and recall instead of searching for them.

McDeath
2005-12-03, 07:39 AM
Um, lilarcor isn't actually in the game. it's a mod you can get, and it rocks. lilarcor starts off as a steel claymore, but use him enough and he might upgrade. he's pretty lippy, too.

-talks
-upgrades
-has a ghost you can summon

I vote for coolest user-created sword in Vvardenfell!

Get. The. Mod.

You can find Lil in Seyda neen, at Arrille's.

The Prince of Cats
2005-12-03, 08:46 AM
I swear by marksmanship, conjuration, light armour and an Altmer with the bonus magicka birthsign. I started with something like 240 magicka but had to sleep 24 hours to regerate it all...

Conjuration is fun; conjure up a beasty, some boots and a bound longbow...

Lothorus
2005-12-03, 08:57 AM
I might have to try that conjuration/longbow combo. In fact, I think I'll start up a new game right now. I never got through all of Bloodmoon, now that I think about it.

I hope you weren't depending on me too much in the campaign, Prince of Cats. You won't be seeing me for a while.

Dhavaer
2005-12-03, 09:22 AM
One glove with a ranged damage enchantment.
One glove with a melee damage enchantment.
One anything with a healing enchantment.

This, I have found, is outstandingly effective for a starting character.

Zangor
2005-12-03, 08:30 PM
My last character was an orc. He used axes. He killed stuff. With his 105 axe skill (100+5 from the sanguine item for axes) and his insane strength, everybody died. (Well, except those he didn't have any reason to fight)

Dhavaer
2005-12-03, 09:50 PM
Could you kill Umbra? My Dunmer with 100 Longsword skill couldn't take him in melee, so I used my Wizard Staff and Blast Shield to hover above his head and shoot him. Damn I love enchanted items.

Zangor
2005-12-04, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I killed Umbra. My lots of Daedric armor and my extremely powerful two handed axe helped with that. And he was still somewhat difficult.

Old_el_Paso
2005-12-04, 10:41 AM
It's fun to use glitches to your advantage, sometimes. Anybody want em, you can PM me!

Yeah, I killed Umbra. My lots of Daedric armor and my extremely powerful two handed axe helped with that. And he was still somewhat difficult.Stand on the rock and he can't hit you.

Lothorus
2005-12-04, 11:04 AM
Yeah. Cheapest thing you can do is cast hoptoad to get up on the rock and peg him with arrows for a few minutes. Just bring LOTS of arrows. And maybe a spare bow or a smiths hammer in case your first one breaks (It could happen. The durability will drop pretty rapidly). Then there you go, powerful weapons and a full suit of very nice medium armor.

Ragnarok
2005-12-04, 11:25 AM
I have never beaten the game, and I've never gotten very far (I can't find the damn puzzle cube). Still, my character is a level 15 imperial battlemage, and he wields a dwemer war axe and wears crusader armor.

Jibar
2005-12-04, 12:18 PM
The day I get past level 10 is the day I buy Oblivian.
Level 4 Breton is my highest character so far.
And magic all the way.
Good spell if you can afford it:
100 ft Lightning damage 100
100 ft Fire damage 100
100 ft Frost damage 100
1 ft Posion on target 100
This thing can wipe a whole building in one blow.
I swear by it.
And please say I'm not the only person who wants a 'You suck' reply with the bodyguard?

Lothorus
2005-12-04, 01:08 PM
The day I get past level 10 is the day I buy Oblivian.
Level 4 Breton is my highest character so far.
And magic all the way.
Good spell if you can afford it:
100 ft Lightning damage 100
100 ft Fire damage 100
100 ft Frost damage 100
1 ft Posion on target 100
This thing can wipe a whole building in one blow.
I swear by it.
And please say I'm not the only person who wants a 'You suck' reply with the bodyguard?

I'm not sure how any mage could cast such a spell, much less a low level one. The mana cost would be astronomical, and the chances of casting it would be nil even with a maxed out ranking in destruction magic.

And as for the cube, I won't give anything away specifically, but it helps a lot to have some levitation magic. You gotta check every crevice of the area.

Jibar
2005-12-04, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure how any mage could cast such a spell, much less a low level one. The mana cost would be astronomical, and the chances of casting it would be nil even with a maxed out ranking in destruction magic

And that is why the gods added `tgm onto the PC version,

Lothorus
2005-12-04, 02:03 PM
And that is why the gods added `tgm onto the PC version,

Aww, that's no fun. You oughta try re-playing the game without that. I think you'll find it to be much more rewarding.

Ragnarok
2005-12-04, 02:06 PM
And as for the cube, I won't give anything away specifically, but it helps a lot to have some levitation magic. You gotta check every crevice of the area.
:'(

Jibar
2005-12-04, 02:10 PM
Aww, that's no fun. You oughta try re-playing the game without that. I think you'll find it to be much more rewarding.

I started cheating at level 4.
I amde it there because I kept getting ambushed by Nix Hounds between Caldera and Balmora.
I did only the missing taxman and Fargoth's ring. I killed a dark brotherhood guy.
Thats about as far as i got.
Now I cheat for fun.
I still never leave cities though.
I suck at that game...

Lothorus
2005-12-04, 02:54 PM
Then you might want try a warrior type. Much easier to get through the beginnings of the game with high Health and Fatigue. And you might not want to include the expansions untill you're a little ways into the game allready. Those Dark Brotherhood guys are tough, especially so for starting mages who are waking up from resting. Heck, my level 9 pure mage still had trouble with them.

And Ragnarok, if you like, I can give you a more in-depth hint or downright spoiler through PM if you like. It's never fun missing out on the rest of a great game just because you can't find a tiny little item the size of a fist.

Dhavaer
2005-12-04, 06:33 PM
Levitation magic? I can see how it might be helpful, but it's just as easy without it. You are talking about the thing you need to find for the first main plot quest, right?

LoopyZebra
2005-12-04, 07:40 PM
I enjoy nords or bretons, and generally fighter types with spears.

Lothorus
2005-12-05, 01:43 AM
Dhaver:

Yeah, pretty much. And yeah, you're right, I was just stating Levitation magic as an easy solution, there are many other ways to go about it. Hoptoad spells, some really good platformer reflexes in case you want to jump up along some narrow ledges, and, uhm... well, I'm sure there are a lot of other ways. I usually just try to find a levitation spell early on in the game, so I have few answers that don't end in that.

Dhavaer
2005-12-05, 04:36 AM
I just walk up to it. No magic needed. Someone's missing something, is it me or you?

Lothorus
2005-12-05, 04:44 AM
Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing.

Edit: Okay, I just went to the place again and I could have SWORN that pile of rocks wasn't so easy to climb the first time. Ah well.

Dhavaer
2005-12-05, 06:52 AM
Should I be proud that I was right, or sad that I remember such a tiny detail of a fictional world?

Sacrath
2005-12-05, 12:42 PM
Ah, Morrowind. I have a 37 some odd Kajiit Theif, 105 base agility (Thank you bitter cup!) I robbed every house vault in Vivic (the Telvani vault scared the crap out of me, if you ever tried you know what I am talking about). I just finished bloodmoon, and I think I might train up my blunt weapon skill for that cool glowy mace. My house is floored with gold (that took a really long time, but I was bored :-/ )

Telok
2005-12-05, 02:15 PM
Heh, yeah the Telvanni vault was >!< the first time I went in there but I ended up with some nice soul gems off that panic fire.

Bosmer, Atronarch, enchanting, mysticisim, archery, spear, long blade, light armor. The more rings I got the less I used weapons. Spear, curiass, birth sign for magic defense and layered enchanted clothing for physical defense.

Daedric claymore, 100 damage health on hit. Exqusite ring, 100 fire and ice damage each, touch with 20' radius, and soul trap for one second. Second exqusite ring, damage strength, speed, and willpower at range 10 to 20 points.

Hunt Ordinators for fun and profit, defeat Dagoth Ur, kill Vivec, I'm still looking for Azura. I ended up depopulating Suran because it offended me. I killed every Telvanni sorcerer who wouldn't grovel at my feet. I have a skull collection levitating in the air in my house, a crystal tree made from filled soul gems and precious gemstones. I left off in the middle of hunting down and executing every Empire lackey on the island in order to find Caius so I could nail him to a wall by his ears and flay...

It's a fun game.

p.s. Fast overland travel is accomplished by those rare insane flight speed scrolls or a ring with a three second maximum speed and jump buff. But you need a levitate spell handy because landing at that speed will rip your legs off.

Premier
2005-12-05, 02:25 PM
My house is floored with gold (that took a really long time, but I was bored :-/ )

Someone should make a mod to allow you to glue the coins on the wall and the ceiling as well.

Dhavaer
2005-12-06, 02:43 AM
I just started up a new game with an orc melee fighter, and damn is he good! He took down the highway man outside Gnaar Mok with two blows at level one! ;D
Orcs are now my new favourite race. :)

Crilley
2005-12-07, 05:41 AM
I have a level 58 Dunmer, and I like Longblades and light armours. I did Bloodmoon, Morrowind, and Tribunal, in that order. Patriarch of the temple, Knight of the Order of the Dragon, Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Strength 149, weilder of Trueflame, owner of tons of unique items.

Pretty much every time I find a item with a proper name, I keep it, regardless of how weak it is, and dump it at my house.

Dhavaer
2005-12-07, 05:50 AM
How did you complete Bloodmoon before Morrowind?
I keep most named items as well, keeping them in Caius's house.

Premier
2005-12-07, 08:46 AM
Casius's house? Why use that small hole when you can have your own estate at one of the Houses?

sithninjapirate
2005-12-07, 09:58 AM
My level 4 Redguard custom warrior-type has both daedric greaves and an ebony cuirass. At level 4.

Dhavaer
2005-12-07, 03:55 PM
I do have two house estates, Hlaalu and Telvanni, but I generally use Cassius' house for storage. I'm almost up to my knees in artifacts everytime I go in.

Premier
2005-12-08, 04:42 AM
Eh... snivelling traders and treacherous wizards!

House Redoran, all the way!

Deleran
2005-12-08, 05:09 AM
Naw, you gotta store stuff in the guilds. Especially when you're the guildmaster at all three. :P

Chris_Chandler
2005-12-08, 10:40 AM
Right now I'm on the Neverene track, but, y'know, there's so much to do that I have trouble finishing up. One thing to say - Do Tribunal before Bloodmoon. This go-round I did Bloodmoon first, and have just now decided to go and do the Tribunal stuff... Um... It is rather not challenging.

My char now is an 50ish level altmer... Intended to be an armored caster (which she is), but with the mace of Aevar (sp?) Stone-Singer, she's often a "go in and hit them once" kind of character - I gave her the wombburn sign, so she has silly amounts of mana (and with her items and even one fort. int potion she has more mana than she knows what to do with), and just summons spirits or drinks potions for recharge. Most skills are pegged, and she's got some really, really nasty combat spells. My fav is "Mortha's Stoneburner", and it whacks everything but fire-resistant critters, but that's why I have a cold variant. Another good one is her solid poison fog and her storm shield (like she has to worry about being really hurt)

She wears the Dragon Bone Cuirass, and the other dragon bone armor (helmet, sheild), but otherwise wears nordic mail - best protection in the game, even though you can only enchant it with crap. The daedric stuff is ugly and heavy as sin. Everything on her is enchanted, from her skirt to her pauldrons and I found it's easier to make my personality and merchant skills super high than try to do the fortify intelligence potion trick to enchant the biggest items (like the constant healing amulet). I've got the money to spare, and I can get really really good prices with high merchanting on enchantments. It's to the point now where I rarely actually cast utility spells, since I have constant effect items to do those tasks. At this stage, though, the teleporting spells and quick levitating are the best spells for me - Travel is burdensome, and you just can't enchant an item to levitate quickly enough, at least for my taste.

The mace is really overpowered, to the point of taking away some of the fun of the game - I ran into Umbra, and toe-to-toed with him for a bit. I had heard the smack talk about him, but it wasn't an issue. Likewise with the stoopid wood elf in Tribunal that goes all Ebony and crazy on you - with the mace it was not a challenge. I remember the first time I had to deal with that lunatic, I was in trouble - I couldn't hurt him, and my spells would bounce off. This character, though, whatever - He didn't last any time.

All that to say - don't do Bloodmoon first. The rest of the game becomes a cakewalk, comparitively. I'm sure the designers had that in mind, but, just as a warning, take it in order with Tribunal splitting the middle of the main plot, and Bloodmoon near the end. It is an awesome game - the most fun I've had with an rpg with only a few exceptions.

Dhavaer
2005-12-08, 10:28 PM
I really wish I could do that, but I can't find Tribunal for the life of me. Similar thing happened with Neverwinter Nights... I've just got no luck with buying games.

bingo_bob
2005-12-09, 06:07 PM
I beat the game with a Redguard Assassin. I found that shortblades rock, because with them you can repeatedly stun them and kill them without taking a hit. I took out Vivec in that way.

Sacrath
2005-12-11, 04:13 AM
I noticed Vivec is kind of a pansy for a god. Once you run him out of magicka he can't do anything to you. Just bring some restore fatigue potions and have your athletics up (to dodge the death spells he throws at you) if you want to fight him.

Dhavaer
2005-12-11, 04:16 AM
I've got to agree with that, but then the entire Dunmer religion is like that. The training books with the Tribunal Sermons in them are hilarious.
'The Barons of Move Like This'.
WTF?

Sophistemon
2005-12-13, 11:39 AM
I played a Breton Battlemage, decked out in Daedric armor, who wielded an enchanted Her Hands Scimitar and a Daedric shield. I used the Spell Glitch to make him a god but regretted it later when the game got boring.

NEO|Phyte
2005-12-13, 05:34 PM
If you want a fairly cheap way to beat powerful foes, ive found that maxing your hand-to-hand can do wonders.

Drop em, stick em with a paralyze, shank away with weapon of choice until they stay down.

you can keep pounding with your fists, but thats slower.

ive killed some intense foes on single-digit levels with this trick

Corvus
2005-12-13, 06:26 PM
Love Morrowind - only played one other game longer than it. Still have it installed on my computer and will probably play it again soon in the lead up to Oblivion coming out.

I generally play Bretons, with my major and minor skills coming from light armour, long blades, marksman, stealth, athletics, acrobatics, alchemy, enchanting and a couple of others I cant remember from memory.

I swear by enchanting - nothing better than a bag full of trinketsand rings that let you pump out masses of lightning bolts and fire bolts as fast as you can hit the mouse button. Most things are dead before they reach you. And the more you use them, the better your enchating gets which means the more you can get out of them and the faster they recharge. And when you have discharged one you just cycle to the next trinket/ring while they recharge.

Emperor Tippy
2005-12-14, 11:22 PM
Morrowing is my faviorte game. The best spell to make is a Jump 100 for 1 second spell and get any levitate spell or item. Just start running and then activate the spell and jump. Activate levitate before you hit the ground or you die a very painful death. You can travel across the entire map (diagional from Seda Neen over Red Moutain to Tel Vos in 2-3 jumps).

I've gotten away from playing the game and now I'm a top notch modder. My crowing achivement was the creation of a world the size of Vvardenfell entirely from scrath and only for epic characters. Youa had to be level 80 to gain access along with beating the 3 main quest lines and becoming grandmaster of all the guilds. New quests, new monsters, new guilds, new everything. The basic baddy could beat vivec in a 1 on 1 fight without dropping below half health.

That was a fun mod. I can't wait till Oblivion comes out though. That looks seriously sweet.

Dhavaer
2005-12-15, 02:41 AM
I'll try that Jump spell, the Wizard's Staff is just too damn slow. Still, effectively infinite levitation is pretty good.

Tanesh
2005-12-15, 06:40 AM
Emperor Tippy, I don't suppose you're distributing that mod are you? It sounds awesome, I definitely want to try it. Although, I don't have the expansions, just normal Morrowind. :(

CaptG1066
2005-12-21, 09:06 PM
There is a Game of the Year Edition with both official expansions for, like $20 US. You can order it direct from Bethesda, or get it at retail stores.

Aranohtar
2005-12-25, 11:41 PM
My Morrowind character's a vaguely stupid-looking Wood Elf assassin armed with several useful shortswords. Keep switching daggers during combat and you can get some rather nice combinations of effects... normally I go for sneaking up, paralysing with a jinkblade, poisoning, then blinding and regaining any necessary health using the Black Hands dagger then go for some serious shivving on the completely incapacitated enemy with an enchanted Daedric wakizashi (short sword skill 100 is a wonderful thing...) before they even notice anything happened. Alternatively, firing arrows from the shadows then leaping out when they move nearer is a viable alternative if I can't get close. As long as I manage to stay patient enough to be reasonably sneaky and keep switcing weapons, it works on pretty much any enemy you'd care to mention. Until all the weapons break at the same time and I realise I forgot to bring repair tools...

McDeath
2005-12-26, 08:44 PM
At the moment, I'm trying to get Telvanni to name me Hortator. I've alreay done redoran and Hlaalu. The Telvanni councillors are so damn far apart.

Dhavaer
2005-12-28, 11:19 PM
I remember doing that. The only thing to really do is bribe the hell out of all of them. Or make yourself Archmagister.

bingo_bob
2005-12-29, 12:52 PM
At the moment, I'm trying to get Telvanni to name me Hortator. I've alreay done redoran and Hlaalu. The Telvanni councillors are so damn far apart.

If the Telvanni are bad, the tribes are awful.

Sure, each quest is somewhat self-contained, but a lot of them are HARD. One has you going into a daedric ruin! Not that that's particularly difficult at that point, but it's still annoying.

And furthermore, getting reliable healing out there is more or less impossible, there's nowhere that you can really sleep, period, and there's not much to buy, either.

And lastly, getting from tribe to tribe is a absolute pain in the arse. Not only are the tribes MILES apart, the tribespeople can't give directions worth ****! (Well, most of the time, at least.)

Not to mention that the stuff they give you is complete crap. >:(

Okay, rant over.

The Prince of Cats
2005-12-29, 01:33 PM
And lastly, getting from tribe to tribe is a absolute pain in the arse. Not only are the tribes MILES apart, the tribespeople can't give directions worth ****! (Well, most of the time, at least.)
Really? I kept going to Vivec and using the shrine to get flying, then Cliff-Racers were the only problem I had usually. I even completed the main quest by floating over the... golem-thing and waiting for whoever it was to fall into the lava. Gave me lots of time to finish the hammer-sword combo and the lava killed him (I think)

There is nothing like flying...

WampaX
2005-12-29, 01:38 PM
The only three things I remember from this game are getting my stealth skill into the stratosphere by hiding from fish, thanking the gods when I got the boots of blinding speed and cursing them again whenever I hear the piercing cry of a cliff racer.

SilverElf4
2005-12-29, 06:23 PM
I just got the XBOX Game of the Year Edition for Christmas! Any pointers or advice for someone making their first character tonight!

I tend to go with magic oriented classes, so I've been looking at Nightblade or Battlemage, or my own created combo of the two.

Also, anyone tried answering the 10 questions based on your own feelings to see what class you'd end up as?

Ragnarok
2005-12-29, 07:04 PM
Also, anyone tried answering the 10 questions based on your own feelings to see what class you'd end up as?
I always end up as a witchhunter. Which I played once and hated. The spell selection was just pitiful, with proficiencies in all the wrong places, but enough so that you don't actually have anything worthwhile in melee.

Dhavaer
2005-12-30, 03:12 AM
I ended up as a spellsword, as I recall. I never play a real class, though, I always make my own. Much better. Enchantment, Alteration, Mysticism, Athletics and Mercantile are must haves.

The Prince of Cats
2005-12-30, 05:33 AM
I always make custom classes, usually based on illusion, conjuration and marksman. Night-eye, a summoned daedric bow and high marksmanship can make life easier in those hard places. (in fact, I recommend conjuration to any fighter/mage - the main summoned weapon spells are easy to get)

I did have a high-elf with the 2xInt magicka bonus and lots of destruction magic once. He slept 48 hours at a time and died from even the slightest whiff of flame but could kill anything he got the first blow on...

SilverElf4
2005-12-30, 12:42 PM
Good Lord I played until 4am this morning! :o

This is simply the best RPG I've played in a long long time.

I did the ten questions thing and came out as a Rogue strangely enough. I looked over Battlemage and Nighblade and then settled on making my own class:

Dark Elf

Magic

Intelligence
Endurence

Enchantment
Conjuration
Destruction
Restoration
Short Blade

Alteration
Medium Armor
Speechcraft
Marksman
Axe

I call it the "Warmage." I've enjoyed the build so far, but I think I may restart and replace Axe with Alchemy. I liked the idea of an axe wielding mage, but the reality is with my strength, using a short sword, with its higher minumum damage makes more sense. And having collected way more alchemical components whose purpose I have no idead of is frustrating.

Okay so questions:

1) I think a remarkably easy way to level up quickly would be to take acrobatics and athletics as major skills. I have taken to jumping around all the time and have added five points to acrobatics and three to athletics already!

2) How can I improve speechcraft? I have tried persuading people (unsuccessfully) but it isn't giving me any usage points. Do I have to be successful to gain the experience? Or is there some other way to use it to gain experience?

Ragnarok
2005-12-30, 09:01 PM
I ended up as a spellsword, as I recall. I never play a real class, though, I always make my own. Much better. Enchantment, Alteration, Mysticism, Athletics and Mercantile are must haves.
While I did make a kick-@$$ necromancer class that I made up myself, my best character is a battlemage. Making classes, while fun, tends to create "Oh, damn, I should have used..." situations.

Bloodred
2005-12-31, 02:24 AM
2) How can I improve speechcraft? I have tried persuading people (unsuccessfully) but it isn't giving me any usage points. Do I have to be successful to gain the experience? Or is there some other way to use it to gain experience?
Keep useing it, it'll go up. I'd start with bribeing people untill youre skill gets up into the 70's, then just use Admire.
If you put the cursor over the skill it shows how far along it is, use that to guage progress.

Telok
2005-12-31, 06:00 AM
Good Lord I played until 4am this morning! :o

1) I think a remarkably easy way to level up quickly would be to take acrobatics and athletics as major skills. I have taken to jumping around all the time and have added five points to acrobatics and three to athletics already!

Welcome to addiction.

While acrobatics and athletics are less click intensive to improve than many skills they may not be the best bets for primary class skills. If you are really interested in raising your strength and speed they'll fit nicely, if you want endurance and intelligence then they won't help. Mostly it comes down to how much you want to maximize your character. If you feel happy with your attributes at start then you can take those skills you want to raise quickly and use alot. If you want lots of high attributes to push your hp/magika/fatigue up, or gain an extra edge on your skills, then you want to choose skills focused on your preferred attributes.

For speechcraft... this is a little tricky. Raises in speechcraft come from successful uses of the admire/bribe/taunt dialog options. There are also the trainers and books but you might want to limit how many points you get that way. The way I use speechcraft is by cheating, I use magic. First thing you do is check your alteration skill (I think it's alteration) if it's over 35 or so you don't need to raise it. Then go and buy a Fortify Attribute spell, just get any spell that lists one of it's effects as Fortify Str/Agl/Int/Per. Next, go to a spellcrafter and have them make two spells, the first will fortify an attribute by one point for one second, the second will fortify your personality by 100 points for three seconds. Make sure you choose "self" under the targeting options. The little spell is to practice your magic skill up with. The big spell translates into about 50 points of attitude on the NPC like/dislike bar, and because personality is linked to the speechcraft skill it improved that too. You need to cast and talk to people immedately, three seconds is a small window but once you're talking time freezes and the spell stays up. Just remember to save before trying to adjust people at first, because you can't recover from getting them down to zero like/dislike.

You may want to get into alchemy, even if it isn't on your class list of skills, because that big personality spell costs about 30 magika per cast and you'll probably end up casting it almost every time you talk to a merchant. Making your own potions to restore magika is very nice.

Edit: Spelling plus www.resonant.org/text/humor/computer/12_steps_of_morrowind_anonymous.txt.gz

Dhavaer
2005-12-31, 07:05 AM
Just a nitpick: Fortify Attribute is a Restoration spell effect.

Bloodred
2006-01-03, 05:34 AM
Must add Samurai armor mod's. . . *Drools*

Daxunyrr
2007-01-20, 05:06 AM
I generally go for a Nord Archer / Mage. The set ups deadly on the PC if you have Cloak Mod because you ALWAYS aim for the items with the MOST Enchantments. I have a Telvanni Cephalopod Helm that gives 100 night eye, my daedric cuirass gives me 2 Restore Health Constant Effect, I have a Constant Effect Restore 8 Fatigue Belt, both rings give me telekinesis, my daedric gloves give me Sanctuary, my amulet gives me Water Breathing and Swift Swim ~better than walking personally~ My boots and greaves gave 2 agility perm each, I'm about to go in with Cloak Mod on and put some Chameleon onto it. The Results? One Bad Ass Nord with a Bonemold Longbow with near invisible qualities armed with too many glass arrows to count :)

Daxunyrr
2007-01-20, 12:29 PM
XD I've had game of the year and after a complicated chain and sacrifices, I have both of my favorite games on my comp. C&C The First Decade and Morrowind, at the sacrifice of...
Age of Empires Conquerer Expansion
Icewindale 1 & 2
and Warcraft 3
whats funny?
the fact my addictions that thick and i'll probly chew up the empty space installing blood moon and tribunal.
They are HUGE each games towering over 10k MB and this comps OOLLLDDD... it makes me wonder how I got it this far XD

Daxunyrr
2007-01-20, 01:06 PM
If your a person who likes Nords and weapon enchantments then heres a grand idea in case you don't know it - Due to the Nords natural resistance to ice ~with a 100%~ you can use it to abuse the whole game. Since theres SOME enemies ~glares at the golden saints~ that have a natural Reflect a deadly weapon enchantment would be packing as much FROST Damage as you can into a weapon. This way you can still hurt the enemy with out fear of death because well... Your immune!

Also, Anyone know why even at 80 Marksmanship I'm missing EVERY FRIGGIN TIME!?

Dhavaer
2007-01-20, 03:58 PM

Because archery is ridiculously difficult?

Om
2007-01-20, 05:57 PM
Because you're not aiming? Study the behaviour of arrows and keep in mind factors like elevation. Your arrow has to physically hit before the computer calculates whether you've actually hit or not.

Dragor
2007-01-20, 06:11 PM
Reading all these posts, it's almost enough to drag me back into Morrowind.... reminds me of the faults of Oblvion. But, let's not get into that :smallbiggrin:

I used to play a 'Templar' (custom class, basically a edited Knight) and as a blonde badass Nord. Man, those were the days. I remember when I first found the Bittercup, when I killed my first mudcrab.... ahh. *sighs with nostalgic delight*

Yup, I'm definetly installing this again.

Daxunyrr
2007-01-20, 10:49 PM
XD I've had game of the year and after a complicated chain and sacrifices, I have both of my favorite games on my comp. C&C The First Decade and Morrowind, at the sacrifice of...
Age of Empires Conquerer Expansion
Icewindale 1 & 2
and Warcraft 3
whats funny?
the fact my addictions that thick and i'll probly chew up the empty space installing blood moon and tribunal.
They are HUGE each games towering over 10k MB and this comps OOLLLDDD... it makes me wonder how I got it this far XD

Holy crap, I still have extra room on my drive...

Daxunyrr
2007-01-20, 10:50 PM
Because you're not aiming? Study the behaviour of arrows and keep in mind factors like elevation. Your arrow has to physically hit before the computer calculates whether you've actually hit or not.

I've WATCHED The arrow STRIKE THEM IN THE FRIGGIN HEAD! and no results :-/
~fires 50 shots~ ~one hits~ plus i'm shooting down on them because of levitation, so yeah

Daxunyrr
2007-01-20, 10:52 PM
Because archery is ridiculously difficult?

I agree, i shot 50 arrows at a STILL GAURD and only TWO hit.

Dhavaer
2007-01-20, 11:40 PM
I agree, i shot 50 arrows at a STILL GAURD and only TWO hit.

But one-shotting a cliff racer from ages away is great.

Daxunyrr
2007-01-21, 02:04 AM
But one-shotting a cliff racer from ages away is great.

Heres a rough diagram if someone were to see me ~supposing they got through my 100% Chameleon~ what it would be like with me shooting
< = Person watching
X = Gaurd
O = Me

O
< X

Basically, i have a CLEAR SHOT, ABOVE EM, and Miss Miss Miss BUT
Get me against a rat?
Hit
Hit
HIt
if it aint human i always hit
if it is... its like NO WAY >_<

Assasinater
2007-01-21, 06:20 AM
What is with those cliff racers anyway?

If they came together, they could drive the Empire and the dunmers out of Vvardenfell with ease.

Lothorus
2007-01-21, 08:28 AM
I recently started playing it again. Well, not so recently, but more recent than my last post. This time I tried making a primary caster out of a Breton. Turns out I really stink at it, though. None of the direct damage spells for sale seem to do enough damage, and whenever you make a spell yourself the cost and difficulty is always tons higher.
I mean, have you ever tried to make a cure blight disease spell? It's ridiculous. Cost is hundreds of Mana, and no chance of success. But you can buy a spell that cures both yourself AND a target at the same time that costs 15 mana and is easy as pie to cast.
Kinda makes creating your own spells self-defeating in my eyes.

I ended up altering the direction my character went and made him an archer thief with restorative and altercation magic. Pretty useful, especially when you can use unlocking spells instead of lugging around ten or twenty pounds of lockpicks and probes. Much more satisfying than a direct damage caster.

Penguinizer
2007-01-21, 12:22 PM
I started playing again.

My build is basically this:
Main skills: Heavy armor, Restoration, Long Blade,Block, Athletics.
minors: Armorer, mysticism, enchant, acrobatics, something and something.

Telok
2007-01-21, 12:24 PM
Foolishness. You want a long duration Levitate 1, a good duration Soul Trap, a good duration Summon Bow, many many arrows, many Restore Magika potions, and a Grand Soul Gem or Azura's Star. Pick Enchantment as a primary skill and go hunt the eastern plains.

This is the beginning of a great and powerful character without actually abusing any of the loopholes. Those big spells you fail at take skill, 80+ with matching attributes if you're trying to cast what I think you are. Once you get Enchantment to 65 or better and have a good supply of expensive rings (save exqusites for important stuff) you can pull off almost any spell you know with a few tries.

Azura's Star, ring to summon Ancestor Ghost for 10 seconds, ring that kills ghost and traps soul.

ilovefire
2007-01-21, 12:44 PM
I love this game, but alas... I've got the XBOX version, the regular version... and I never make it past Seyda Neen. I allways die, and I don't know why... I like to play a magical theivy-type, though I forgot what I keep puting as primaries/secondaries

NEO|Phyte
2007-01-21, 12:49 PM
mmm, Morrowind.
*checks data file list*
ok, more like Morrowind+
The main gameplay-changing mod I've got is Magicka regen. Oblivion spoiled me. Besides that, its mainly the unofficial patch, Morrowind Comes Alive (yay for lots of generic NPCs everywhere!), and whatever Morrowind Advanced is.

Penguinizer
2007-01-21, 02:04 PM
Any idea where that person for the fighters guild quest is in Suran? found her. Nevermind.

Corlindale
2007-01-21, 02:35 PM
Morrowind might well be my favourite pc game of all time, with Deus Ex as the close second.

My most succesful character was an Altmer who had the custom-class "Warrior of Dawn". He was intended to be some kind of battlemage, but he ended up as more or less a pure mage.
He focused on Conjuration, and loved to summon stuff to do the dirty work. He had a spell called "Call of the Summoner" which summoned 8 different creatures for 10 seconds, just time enough for each of them to get 2-3 shots at the enemy. Few could survive that. '
For backup he had his self-enchanted Staff of Dawn, with 45-80 fire damage in a 50 ft. radius on strike. Ouch. Later he created The Staff of Dawn Mk. II, with 100 fire damage and 5 seconds Blind in 50 ft. He could clear out dungeons in seconds:smallsmile:. But it wasn't too pretty when he sometimes encountered enemies with Reflect...
He generally used lots of enchanted items - for example a series of enchanted rings(one for each school) that boosted magic skills by 100 and Intelligence by 100 for a very short time, allowing him cast some truly potent spells, like Incinerate(100 Fire damage for 10 seconds on target) or Call of the High Summoner(summon Golden Saint, Storm Atronach and Winged Twilight for 40 seconds).
At that point it got a bit boring to play him, though, as there wasn't much challenge left. He managed to become head of House Telvanni and Archmage of the Mages Guild.

Penguinizer
2007-01-21, 02:39 PM
Need some directions on how to get to Vas :P

Dhavaer
2007-01-21, 08:37 PM
Vas is directly west of Dagon Fel, and directly northwest of Sanctus Shrine.

Map of Vvardenfel (http://www.gamebanshee.com/morrowind/maplocations/vvardenfell.php#null)

Penguinizer
2007-01-22, 07:54 AM
Anyways, got any recomendations on what mods to download.

Arang
2007-01-22, 10:08 AM
I just started playing this game. I'm currently level 2, so the going is a bit tough for now. A few questions:

Are there any mods for making it look more pretty? Longer view distance would be great, too.

Are there any mods to fix the wombated up combat system? It's sort of tiresome to swing at things and randomly hit them or (more often) not.

Are there any other mods for doing awesome things that I didn't think of?

TheTick
2007-01-22, 10:31 AM
Sounds like you want to play Oblivion. :P Assuming you have the processor power/Xbox360 for it. ;)

Penguinizer
2007-01-22, 10:50 AM
I prefer morrowind for the more exotic enviroment. Oblivion is so cliche at times :P

Om
2007-01-22, 11:38 AM
Are there any other mods for doing awesome things that I didn't think of?The best mod out there is called "Better Heads". It drastically improves the NPC faces in the game.

Allandaros
2007-01-22, 11:42 AM
I've yet to beat the game, and it's getting about the time when I hanker to give it another try.

I usually go for a modified Archer class (tagged "Bladesinger"*) with light and heavy armors, restoration, long blade, short blade, ranged, security, and persuasion.

*sighs* I remember my first character, a Dark Elf archer who managed to max out his Long Blade skill while trying to find the darn Nerevarine cavern. I really hate finding that place. Takes me two or three hours every single time. :/

*Look, I got the character concept when I was in seventh grade. Don't hate me for my Complete Handbook of Elves-based twinking. I learned my lesson! Honest!

Penguinizer
2007-01-22, 11:56 AM
Hooray for beating Vas at level 4. So much treasure. So little inventory space
2 boxes with lots of silver weapons, a dwarvern warhammer and mace. and a bunch of steel armor pieces. Hooray.

Premier
2007-01-22, 12:20 PM
'Rotatable Books' (or some similar name) is absolutely essential for book collectors. With this mod, you can put a book on the ground or on a shelf, table or whatever not only flat side down, but also standing.

Penguinizer
2007-01-22, 12:24 PM
I dont usually collect books so I dont really need that mod.

ilovefire
2007-01-22, 06:21 PM
Whoot, my first successfull character! Empire, primary: Light Blade, Speechcraft, Merchant, Security, Sneak. Secondary: Illusion, Restoration, Light Armor, err... can't remember the other two. But I finally got it to Balmora! yay! and i'm in the Theive's Guild, Fighter's Guild, and Mage's Guild since i'm quite literally (as far as playstyle is concerned) a hybrid of all three.

Lothorus
2007-01-22, 06:44 PM
As for a good mod reccomendation, look for one of the various Balmora Manor mods that adds in a home in one of the most visited cities in Vvardenfell (Vaardenfell/Varrdenfell?). I prefer the boring one that gives you a little three-room home with a basement full of chests to store stuff, but the options range from that to huge mansions. Choose one to select your tastes, and revel in the fact that you have a little place to call your own and keep your collected stuff out of the way. Almost essential for the pack-rat sorts, since there is so much collectable stuff.

Penguinizer
2007-01-23, 12:56 AM
In the earlier parts do the first fighters guild mission where you get the storage key, then use that for storage.

any ideas on taking down a skeleton war wizard at level 7 And I tried using blessed word and touch on it.

And why does it show me having only 45 strenght in the stats menu while when leveling it says I have 75 or so. Might be all the fights with bone walkers but how do I remove it.

Dareon
2007-01-25, 02:38 AM
If the stat's showing up red, it's been damaged, probably by the bonewalkers. Hate them so much. You'll need a potion or spell of Restore Strength. That's really the only "Restore Attribute" type spell you'll need, but it doesn't hurt to have others on hand somewhere.

Personally, I have an exquisite ring with a constant effect enchantment that restores 1 point of each attribute. If I happen to get in a fight with a bunch of bonewalkers or others, I just pop that on and sit still for a minute or so.

As for mods, I have Better Heads and Better Bodies for general improvement of visuals. All Silt Strider Ports, All Boat Ports, Vivec Signposts, and Mixed Signposts aid in getting around (Vivec Signposts adds readable markers at the bridges of the cantons, and Mixed Signposts makes the waymarkers everywhere else readable). Plus, I have Adj_Magicka Regen, Marksman Enhanced v1.2, and Dodge Mod 1.2 to make things a little bit easier for mages, archers, and those using Unarmored skill.

There are some graphical replacement mods you can get. Personally, the one I have, I didn't really like, because it made the rugs in buildings lime green.

Penguinizer
2007-01-25, 07:48 AM
I got some sound mods mostly.

I bought out all the mages guilds of the restore str potions XD. Got stre to 51, 24 more points to restore. Endurance is back to normal.

JellyPooga
2007-01-25, 08:46 AM
I usually play an Argonian with the Atronach Starsign (I mean where else are you going to get Spell Absorption 50?), using primarily Mysticism and Alteration spells, lots of Alchemy and some of the Sneaky Thiefy skills. No armour skills as Primary/Secondary, though I often wear the Brotherhood armour from those assassins under my robes, which I heavily enchant using cash made from alchemy. It's easy enough to reach a Chameleon constant effect of close to 100 with all the clothing you can wear.

As soon as I get an Ebony Staff (most enchantable item in the game), I get it enchanted with Jump 100 (cast on use, duration: 3s). It's just right for a)training your acrobatics and b)covering large distances in a short time. Subsequent Ebony Staves get things such as Constant Effect Levitation.

Penguinizer
2007-01-25, 09:17 AM
Any idea on where to find a restore str and endurance spell.

Premier
2007-01-25, 09:17 AM
If the stat's showing up red, it's been damaged, probably by the bonewalkers. Hate them so much. You'll need a potion or spell of Restore Strength.

Or, second best, access to Divine or Almsivi Restoration.

Penguinizer
2007-01-25, 09:27 AM
The problem comes with finding the spell.

Telok
2007-01-25, 09:46 AM
The people at any temple will sell you a restore ability spell if you're a member. They may want a donation first. Alternately you can go to the shrines and altars in the temples and pray to those, I don't recall exactly what that cures but it works, another donation may be required.

My solution is to simply buy one restore ability spell and then have the Mage Guild craft me a spell that restores 5 to each attribute, that's a restore to all attributes at the same time. Suddenly all you need are magika potions.

Premier
2007-01-25, 10:25 AM
The people at any temple will sell you a restore ability spell if you're a member. They may want a donation first. Alternately you can go to the shrines and altars in the temples and pray to those, I don't recall exactly what that cures but it works, another donation may be required.

Also, if you have the necessary (not very high) rank in the Imperial Cult / Tribunal Temple, you can pray at the shrines and altars for free.

Penguinizer
2007-01-25, 12:22 PM
I found a restore endurance spell at the balmora temple but no restore str.

Found Almsivi restoration shrine.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-25, 03:40 PM
well once you have any restore spell you could make one for any other attribute right?

Dhavaer
2007-01-25, 04:14 PM
well once you have any restore spell you could make one for any other attribute right?

I don't think so. You need all of them.

Penguinizer
2007-01-26, 12:41 AM
You can, also have a restore str and endurance spell now. I like vivec, tons of daedric shrines with uber-loot.

First Daedric item at level 16. 15k plus from loot, Spent 5k to train restoration,enchanting and mysticism.

AdrianoIank
2007-01-26, 07:10 AM
It´s been quite a time since I last played this game, thanks to Oblivion and Lineage II.

I mostly concentrate on sniping tactics to soften the opposition, finishing with close combat tactics. So I´ll usually start with Marksman as a primary skill, light/long blade as a secondary skill.

Mysticism and Enchant are also primary (enchant is just WAY too boring to train), with Alchemy as a secondary skill built up to 100, avoiding the need for high Restoration and Alteration skills. My alteration usually builds up to 50 and stays there, for some utility low duration Levitation, Water Walking and Water Breathing spells. Destruction almost never goes beyond the 60´s, as most ranged damage dealing is provided by Marksman, with Absorb Health weapons for melee, using enchanted rings for the elemental damage against enemies with vulnerabilities, and area effects for crowds. I just don´t bother getting Conjuration any high, unless there is the sudden need to build Intelligence. 30 is enough for the Bound Bow. I´m still to get Illusion beyond the 30´s.

As far as armors go, I´ll usually start with Light Armor as a primary skill, and let Heavy Armor build whenever I´m close to levelling up, for Endurance. My characters will usually end using some insane mix of all armor types, depending on the immunity I´m trying to build, and the abilities required for a task.

Sneak will usually be Misc, and Security primary. Sneak will build up to 100 during gameplay, and Security will stop at the 60´s, at most, with Master level tools, and require training to get to 100, for the levels. Persuasion is built by itself during gameplay, and Mercantile is actively built alongside Alchemy.

Race will usually be either Breton or Dark Elf, followed by the Wood Elf and the Nord. I have some... issues with the High Elf vulnerabilities, and Orc, Redguard and Imperial abilities are just not appealing enough. The lack of boots and closed helmets of the beast races make for a "no, thanks".

The sign is always Atronach, with Alchemy providing the required mana regeneration.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-01-26, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I have morrowind. I use wood elves, sneak, long blade, alchemy, security, and a few others I can't remember. I can't resist stealing everything. Probably because its the only game you can steal anything that is in the enviroment. Anyone else play rogues?

Telok
2007-01-26, 11:21 AM
Security? Sneak? Destruction? Marksman? Melee skills?!?!

Mercy me, I unfortunately stopped picking those skills once I discovered Enchantment. If a dozen rings of Damage Health 20 - 40 at range can't kill something... Breton/Atronarch and doing the Azura's Star quest at level 5 makes Enchantment a bit too easy. Using Invisibility and Levitate to get to the top of a shroom tree made that whole quest amazingly easy.

I think the worst bit was ceating a spell that summoned an Ancestor Ghost, trapped the soul, and killed it, all in one cast. Then I put it on a ring. Enchantment trains very quickly by refilling magic item charges, and almost not at all by using magic items.

Now I'm going to have to go back and reinstall. I want to play again.

AdrianoIank
2007-01-26, 11:45 AM
Why, yes, I have discovered Enchantment, too. Discovered, abused, got very bored at how easy the game had become, and proceeded to forget.
While amusing for some time, walking around with a 100% Chameleon effect cuts difficulty down just a little too much for my tastes.

Penguinizer
2007-01-26, 03:12 PM
I prefer fighter type characters. And hooray for getting gear a eleidoks ward. And some other great weapons and items. 31k, 4-5 Daedric items, spear of bitter mercy, Edeloks ward, and some other stuff. At level 17. Almost maxed out Long blade.

JellyPooga
2007-01-27, 09:50 PM
ooo ooo ooh! has anyone made a 'drain health/fireball spell? It looks really funky!! Combining other spell types doesn't look as good, but Mysticism/Fire ranged attacks just look cool. Kind of like a swirly fireball. Dunno about Oblivion (never bothered making new sprlls in Oblivion), but in Morrowind it's just great!

Thexare Blademoon
2007-01-27, 10:59 PM
I don't think so. You need all of them.Except no. You'd need one for health, one for fatigue, and one for other attributes.

Also, about enchant... Ebony Scimitar + Absorb Health 90 pts on Striking = my win-stick. And yes, that's entirely possible without any exploits... Needless to say, I stuck with something considerably weaker most of the time (largely because my scimitar could only hit about four times before the charge died...)

Penguinizer
2007-01-28, 06:14 AM
I got a daedric Longsword with damage 45 health on strike. Can take a Daedra Lord out in like 5 hits, a winged twilight in around 6.

ilovefire
2007-01-28, 07:50 PM
I've go, umm... a dead body that just fell out of the sky with a journal and some very expensive clothes. I think I should, err, skip using the spell scroll, right?

NEO|Phyte
2007-01-28, 10:32 PM
I've go, umm... a dead body that just fell out of the sky with a journal and some very expensive clothes. I think I should, err, skip using the spell scroll, right?
Keep those scrolls. They are made of win and awesome. If you ever need to go cross-country, make yourself a ring of constant slowfall 1 pt, cast the scroll, run in the direction you want to travel, and jump.

:edit: also, save and try one out now, just so you know how awesome they are.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-28, 11:55 PM
the spell expires before you reach the ground so unless you got a huge amount of hit points you'll want some falling damage reducer. it's just one of those funny things morrowind does to amuse us.

read his journal, it's hilarious.

Mosillivo
2007-02-01, 02:38 AM
Levitation works much better than slow fall... I had made a
100 pnt Jump
100 pnt Fortify Speed
100 pnt Fortify Acrobatics (Just for the hell of it).

Spell (I think that 1000 pnt acrobatics is rigged. I get more jump out of the 'jump' skill than acrobatics). And just love using an enchanted lev ring before I hit the ground. (Previously I would just cast levitate... died a few times, but was rather lucky most of the times (On the times I "Didn't" do a premature lev (meaning half flight) I often 'barely' got it out, just a few feet from my death).

And if you ever play again, buy a spell of "levitation 1pt 3 sec area 50" and save that poor fool. He only stands there saying "I don't want to talk about it", but it looks like he 'might' have actually been a vendor. (As much as I 'love' using my hand made spells, that scroll of (arcadian flight?) is still the bomb'). Then, you can kill him with 1 hit with no murder charge (free murder!).

Morrowind seems to open too many possibilities for exploitment (And I'm not doing any 'serious' explioting yet). I mean, the ability to cast 'fortify personality 100' to get people to like you... it makes me regret ever putting 'speechcraft' as a minor skill (Hell, even be for that, I never even lvled it). And a "Fortify Alchemy 100, Fortify Int 100" spell makes having alchemy as a major skill worthless. (Currently at 50), I mean, once I cast that, I can make any potion... including a 'restore health 47 for 83 seconds' (Cheers for what is basicaly "Potion of Invicibility") I can't see how this "isn't" cheating... I mean, being only lvl 5 and being able to do all this? Heck, even the camo 100 4 sec gloves are over powered... I mean, the ability to steal ANYTHING as long as a mage isn't around is seriously screwed up. And hell, I can cast a Fortify Atribute 100 on Conjuring and Altercation to get those really powerful sumons and shields.

For the past 5 lvls I have just been running around gathering spell abilities, money (god bless the talking mudcrab merchant), and alchemy ingredients... I mean, I bought this game 3 years ago, and uninstalled it practically on the same night because I found it too difficult. I reinstalled it last week (don't really know why) and suddently it is too easy. Even 'half' exploiting the game with things that it purposly put in there makes it insanly easy...

Tussy the Druid
2007-02-03, 12:29 PM
I could never accomplish anything in morrowind.... *sigh* But you guys have inspired to me to pick it up again! In the hopes i might actually accomplish something.

Penguinizer
2007-02-03, 12:53 PM
the spell expires before you reach the ground so unless you got a huge amount of hit points you'll want some falling damage reducer. it's just one of those funny things morrowind does to amuse us.

read his journal, it's hilarious.
Not as funny as finding Indies (guess whos) skeleton. but his hat, steel, and leather where all under the rocks. and I think theres a body of "peekachu" somewhere.

Amiria
2007-02-04, 02:18 PM
Hmm, I installed it again yesterday, but haven't played it since I somehow lost my Tribunal CD and many mods need Tribunal and or Bloodmoon. But I already downloaded 1 GB of mods and buy me a new copy of Tribunal tomorrow ...

Lukett
2007-02-05, 01:33 AM
wow, Morrowind is suuuch a wonderful game, i play it all the time, and am starting modding with the construction set. my character started off as a wood elf assasin, but now i decided to change the race to dark elf using the console(armor looks horrible on short wood elves), i dont really consider this cheating, as the abilities stayed the same, and i am sorta past the point where it really matters, since my character is so uber strong now that nothing can stand in his way (royal signet ring ftw!), i am sorta just playing the game to see how strong i can get, he is leader of Thieves Guild, Mages Guild, Great House Telvanni, Temple, Morag Tong, Imperial Legion, and Illuminated Order (from a really awesome plug-in).

I have a huuge museum/library at Tel Uvirith, containing most artifacts in the game, as well as full suits of most armor and at least 1 copy of as many books as i can find, and many other rare items, and my character is like lvl 67 or so

does anyone have any favorite strats for getting incredibly powerful? or any cool mods they will tell us about? i have always found it really annoying at high levels that your magicka cant keep getting higher, that you cant get your magick skills really high, and that there are no items that can hold enchantments to rival artifacts, any non cheating ways around this?

~Lukett

p.s. woot! my first post on this site!

Emperor Tippy
2007-02-05, 02:16 AM
~
player -> setlevel 99
enablelevelupmenu
player -> setXXX 100 (where XXX is a skill/attribute)

Congrats, you have just become super powerful.

Or just kill ordinators and sell their armor and then go to the master trainers and get your skills up to 100. To do this at low levels you have to use the fortify intelligence trick to keep making better potions until you can make a potion to up you relevant attribute to 100 and then you talk to the trainer.

As for non-cheating ways around the enchantment thing, your screwed. Your best bet is to kill the Her Hands ordinators and enchant their ebony scimitars (second most enchantable item in the game) as the Her Hands dudes respawn.

Lukett
2007-02-06, 08:38 PM
yeah, but flat out cheating like that is no fun
and these days i am spending most my time trying to find a way to clean my dirty save game.....

Lukett
2007-02-07, 07:16 PM
anyone else had trouble with dirty plug-ins and saves?

Caelestion
2007-02-09, 05:58 AM
Dirty plugins can be appalling. I'd suggest searching for the Enchanted Editor, TES Advanced Mod Editor or Wrye Mash (definitely the last). Those will help.

Arang
2007-02-09, 08:48 AM
Sounds like you want to play Oblivion. :P Assuming you have the processor power/Xbox360 for it. ;)

I played it, beat it and loved it ... with mods. Morrowind seems to be a far far better game, it's just that swinging at the same mud crabs and cliff racers over and over and over until I randomly hit them and then running along some rocks (it seems like the whole island is made up of nothing but giant chunks of rock) got kind of tiresome, hence the question.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-11, 06:25 PM
well that's why i went redguard with strength as a favored skill and longblade as a major skill. my guy was a great swordsman from the start.

Hyrael
2007-02-12, 09:19 PM
my personal favorite character is as follows:
Argonian (Shaman), Magic Int & endurance
Major: Spear, Mysticism, Illusion, Medium Armor, Alteration
Minor:Athletics, Alchemy, Enchant (or unarmed), Acrobatics, Unarmored
Sign: the Mage
Go anywhere, do anything. Mobility is key for this character, and nothing is out of reach. Levitate, jump, teleport, swim, sneak (via invisilibity) or just run past whatever obstacles bar your path. Skewer anything that gets in your way, and Medium Armor plus Unarmored means hitting you is quite the feat. Ranged ability is available in the form of Targeted Absorb Health Spells. Magica shortages may be encountered, so stock up on comberries and daedra hearts, cause you;re going to need alot of Restore magica potions. Level advancement will be rapid with Acro and Ath as skills. Willpower should be increased as much as possible.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-12, 09:26 PM
oh i went meele bruiser and heavy armor master to the max degree. But i i have max ranks in every attribute but personality and that's like a 93. Max ranks in acrobat and athletics means i'm no slouch in mobility. Plus my armor is like somewhere between 370-380 so for anyone but a superstar hitting me and causing damage is at best a theoretical concept. but he's level 69 so if anything is not maxed out it's because i don't need it. I "completed" the game a long time ago and been messin around for a while.

Vadjastaria
2007-02-12, 10:03 PM
The wonderful alchemy trick :) Go to the guy with ingredients in the Imperial Cult section of Wolverine hall. Buy all his ash yams and the other ingredient that fortifies intelligence. Sell them all back to him... Repeat this until he has lots. Those two ingredients have negative values in his inventory, so they are always there whether he sells them or not. Buy all of both until you have plenty. Now the fun begins :)

Make fortify intelligence potions for a bit. Then drink them and get nice bonuses to your alchemy skill. Make more fortify intelligence potions. Go back to the priesty man if you need. Keep repeating this process and you'll be making potions of +5000 intelligence with 500 duration or whatever in no time, and of course you can keep these for any other time you need to make potions :)

Oh, good mods for graphics? Get a good head mod, better bodies and Morrowind Graphics Extender for draw distance

Arang
2007-02-13, 12:00 PM
I'm probably nominating myself for "Idiot of the Century" here, but whenever I try to start Morrowind with the graphics extender, I get an error saying "Could not load world mesh for distant land". What have I done wrong?

Caelestion
2007-02-22, 09:11 PM
I really don't know, because I've never used the MWGE. However, MW does seem to have problems with that sort of thing occasionally.

Amiria
2007-02-27, 02:49 PM
Dirty plugins can be appalling. I'd suggest searching for the Enchanted Editor, TES Advanced Mod Editor or Wrye Mash (definitely the last). Those will help.

I've downloaded all of them. Wyre Mash seems to be the best, but it is also quite complicated. I haven't used any of them so far. Most of my mods are marked as red by Wyre Mash.

My Morrowind runs quite instable. I have around one game shutdown every two hours, more often if I visit lots of different exterior cells. But I can live with it since I save often.