PDA

View Full Version : Help with convincing DM

Goonthegoof
2010-11-15, 05:58 AM
I'm trying to get my DM to switch the pre-requisites for karmic strike from dodge and combat expertise to feats that make sense- I'm arguing that a feat which relies on getting hit requiring feats that prevent you from getting hit is stupid. He's ok with switching combat expertise for combat reflexes and will switch dodge out if I can think of a replacement that makes sense- But currrently I can't think of one. Anyone got any ideas?

Goonthegoof
2010-11-15, 09:06 AM
Just looking for a feat that works thematically as a pre-requisite to karmic strike. Anyone?

Tael
2010-11-15, 09:12 AM
Karmic Strike is a really good feat. The Pre-reqs are meant to be really bad. I wouldn't switch out dodge personally, I would just house-rule it so that it effects all opponents instead of just one.

Amphetryon
2010-11-15, 09:48 AM
Midnight Dodge and Desert Wind Dodge both work for the prerequisites without being quite so bad as Dodge. Just a thought.

Psyx
2010-11-15, 09:57 AM
As stated: It's a good feat. The pre-reqs are supposed to be a bit obscure.
I'd argue that this is essentially the same as Ai-Uchi - the concept of mutual strikedown in Kendo/jitsu. It's not as simple as 'letting yourself be hit', and I think that Combat Expertise is certainly a valid pre-req.