PDA

View Full Version : Exalted INFERNALS. NEED HELP!!

Raendyn
2010-11-15, 06:43 AM
Hey playgrounders,

A friend is setting an Exalted campaign & he asked that tier 1 races should be played.

I am Really new to exalted but i've watched a session once & i got in love with its combat system.

Now i have the opportunity to play & my GM Suggested infernals and/or solars akumas.

Those of you who are familiar with exalted, i would be greatfull if you could lend me your assistance in creating a character.

Have in mind that GM is uing the latest errata's & all books & White wolf forums charms that will be published sometime...

We will be having multiplied XP & we intend to end up as heroes of great power.Who knows maybe i'll become a yozi (joking)

I am leaning toweards slayers or defilers but anyone with better knowledge can suggest any other caste.

So any advices or suggestions will be great

Thanks in advance for your time & help!

Sanguine
2010-11-15, 10:50 AM
We will be having multiplied XP & we intend to end up as heroes of great power.Who knows maybe i'll become a yozi (joking)

Apparently in Broken-Winged Crane their is a series of Charms that turn a Green Sun Prince into a Titan-Human Hybrid. I can't vouch for the validity of that however as I don't have Broken-Winged Crane.

If your on the fence between Defiler and Slayer, I would personally go with Defiler with Malfeas charm favored, as many of a Slayer's Caste Abilities are redundant. If you get Mind-Hand Manipulation, Green Sun Nimbus Flare, and Kissed By Hellish Noon you can light people on fire with your mind.:smallbiggrin:

I love Infernals, they are totally awesome. My one beef with them is that they kind of suck in the crafting department when compared to Solars, so that is something to be aware of.

If you can, I would try and get Constructive Convergence of Principles, it's a really fun Charm when you get the chance to use it.

By Pain Reforged and By Agony Empowered, can make you hard to kill. Especially when combined with Malfeas Soak Charms and Hardened Devil Body.

You may also want to dip a little into the Adorjan tree for her Surprise Negation Charm, though that is entirely your call. If you do go that way do it with your starting Charms rather then bonus points or experience.

Raendyn
2010-11-15, 12:13 PM
Apparently in Broken-Winged Crane their is a series of Charms that turn a Green Sun Prince into a Titan-Human Hybrid. I can't vouch for the validity of that however as I don't have Broken-Winged Crane.

First of all thank you very much sanguine for your suggestions

As for the quote: officially you can become yozi!
you have your set of charms favored only to you, you have your own URGE, your own set of 3rd circle deamons(2nd &1st obviously are already there) & you can sent your deamons to lilun to take exaltations & create new inferals!

Now,as i said there will be much XP & i believe i will reach the abovementioned state! but i am a completly noob & i would like little help. Especially on the character creation , but also on my carrier plan too.

Should i be something else than defiler?Fiends can take any charms as i learned!should i be one?Should i be akuma(pitty they can noy become yozis)? I target to the highest lvl of power n order to keep up with the rest of the party,i am the only noob around...:smallfrown:

Many advise malfeas charms for survivability,not only those you mentioned but also the one that gives bonus health boxes & his perfect defence...
My GM advised me to take more than one PDefence... He warned that we will be having a hard time...

What do you think about the information gathering charms of She who lives in her name?I read that once you study an attack you are potencially invulnerable for the later uses of it.

Alsom what exelency(or more than one) do you suggest?Moreover i need help for background traits, are they worth it?Pastklife and savant & of course demon familiar seem to good not to have ( i know only oe of the first two)

And one last note i told him that i would like to become an all around spellcaster... he answered that spell system n exalted is not like dnd & that sorcery is a powerfull but risky/fragile option.Is he rly true? cause i like being a not so combat oriented spellcaster :smalleek:

Thanks again:smallwink:

hangedman1984
2010-11-15, 12:43 PM
Sorcery can be really powerful, but for the most part not something you'd wanna be using in a fight

Sanguine
2010-11-16, 10:53 AM
Sorcery can be really powerful, but for the most part not something you'd wanna be using in a fight

Unless you have like ten or so Erymanthoi using Defend Other actions on you.

Should i be something else than defiler?Fiends can take any charms as i learned!should i be one?Should i be akuma(pitty they can noy become yozis)? I target to the highest lvl of power n order to keep up with the rest of the party,i am the only noob around...:smallfrown:

The Fiend Anima power is nice, but I personally am not all too fond of that many Ebon Dragon Charms. On Akuma, while Akuma are powerful, they aren't exactly my cup of tea, and can have a hard time working with others if not handled well.

Many advise malfeas charms for survivability,not only those you mentioned but also the one that gives bonus health boxes & his perfect defence...
My GM advised me to take more than one PDefence... He warned that we will be having a hard time...

I suggested the one that gives you more Health Levels(Hardened Devil Body).

As for more then one PD, that is good advise for an Infernal, can't believe I forgot it. If you do go Defiler I would suggest She Who Lives in Her Name's and the Ebon Dragon's.

What do you think about the information gathering charms of She who lives in her name?I read that once you study an attack you are potencially invulnerable for the later uses of it.

They are theoretically interesting, but aside from Factual Determination Analysis I haven't seen any in play so I can't comment.

Alsom what exelency(or more than one) do you suggest?Moreover i need help for background traits, are they worth it?Pastklife and savant & of course demon familiar seem to good not to have ( i know only oe of the first two)

Excellency is very strongly tied to Concept with Infernals. Without knowing you concept I can't really give good advice. You can in fact have both Past Life and Savant, and in fact it is very thematic to have both, and they are both very nice. Demon Familiar is also a nice background. Aside from that Resources, Artifact, and Manse are all very nice.

hangedman1984
2010-11-16, 12:18 PM
Unless you have like ten or so Erymanthoi using Defend Other actions on you.

I did say "for the most part".

Sanguine
2010-11-16, 12:20 PM
I did say "for the most part".

Oh, I thought that was referring too spells like Countermagic and Banishment which can be quite nice in a fight as you can cast them in a single action, even if they are a bit situational.

RaveingRonin
2010-11-16, 01:59 PM
If you want to avoid being leashed to the Yozi like a bad dog to a tree in the back yard, play a Fiend. As a operative of The Ebon Dragon, you have an easy out of doing really really mean things to people for no good reason that will get you caught. The trick is, The Ebon Dragon is as contradicting as he is cunning, so as much as he desires freedom from his prison, some splinter of self wants nothing but to stay entombed forever. So, your urge, your goal that to go against earns you the disfavor of the Yozi, is to stop the Reclamation, the freeing of the Yozi. Also, Shadow Spite Curse is fantastic, and Ebon Dragon's charms are so very amusing; like tricking the Loom of Fate in such a way so that when you abandon your disguise, a random Loom Spider cries out in shame and despair as they become aware of the trick.

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-16, 02:02 PM
Heresy charms don't make you a Yozi. They make you a Primordial, something far more than a mere Yozi.

But you're still Exalted, too...

The Rose Dragon
2010-11-16, 03:47 PM
Heresy charms don't make you a Yozi. They make you a Primordial, something far more than a mere Yozi.

But you're still Exalted, too...

They don't make you a Primordial, either. They make you into a whole new kind of titanic being. However, your next incarnation can become a Primordial based on your Excellency.