PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Random Places and Plots (meta thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 01:51 PM
This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. I know there have been Random Location threads before, so I don't know what number this should be.

If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM me.

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Srs Plots thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177907). Lulzy plots go here. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time. :smallsmile:

Rules:
1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
2. Each Location or Plot is under the control of its creator.
3. Play nice.

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 02:24 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

The party appears in the center of a stone circle, but you can instantly sense that something is wrong about this place. Many of the megoliths are toppled or broken. The area is covered with weeds about waist high. It just feels abandoned. Nonetheless, Cessie can sense that this is a place of power.

The spidew plushie squirms and tries to get back into Nath's hand, having completed its task.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-15, 02:35 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

"This is... interesting." Cessie comments as she looks around, her player not really sure who else came along. "It feels like this place has a great deal of power, I'm guessing that is the reason why it's ruined, great power often leads to wonders or catastrophe, this seems to be the second case. And it doesn't exactly look like a shop to me."

Murska
2010-11-15, 02:39 PM
"It looks like it's been a long time since this little guy got caught in that wardrobe." Nath helps the Spidew into a more comfortable spot.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 03:11 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

"Rae, where on earth are we?" said Emily, confusedly.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 03:21 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Well, we aren't on Earth, that's for sure. I think the place is called the Magical Kingdom. Which explains the magic energy around, I guess.

And then he notices the lack of kitty on his head, and his eyes open wide.

Oh no, Trilby!

Zefir
2010-11-15, 03:25 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

"Ruines?"

Zefir jumps around happy.

"This is one oif the best day in my life. First I could stop a fight and now I rech a place where I can use my skill without someone bother."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 03:25 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Well, we aren't on Earth, that's for sure. I think the place is called the Magical Kingdom. Which explains the magic energy around, I guess.

And then he notices the lack of kitty on his head, and his eyes open wide.

Oh no, Trilby!
"If you're worried, I could send a clone after him." she offers.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 03:33 PM
Well, Andy and Liara are still there, so he should be all right.

Rae says, before looking around.

Ruins, well, this brings back memories.

Murska
2010-11-15, 03:39 PM
"Well, nothing to it but to go explore." Nath confidently heads towards the largest building or remnant of a building in sight.

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 03:50 PM
Nath can see Megaliths, but no buildings. Beyond the megaliths is forest, growing in swaths of various colors.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-15, 03:54 PM
Cessie that have really no idea what Rae and Emily are talking about but does not feel she got anything to add. Instead she turns to Zefir that is jumping around happily "Err... your happy to be in ruins? This place could be very dangerous for all we know, let's just try to find this woman so we can get out of here, hopefully that spider should be the key to retuning." She states, more worried then curious at the moment.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 04:14 PM
Well, Andy and Liara are still there, so he should be all right.

Rae says, before looking around.

Ruins, well, this brings back memories.
"Memories?" she queries.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 04:20 PM
Oh, I chased a platypus outside of some ruins once. Also something with a lightning guy and a key, but yeah, platypus.

He says, still looking around.

Murska
2010-11-15, 04:21 PM
Megaliths. ...big stones? Not interested. Nath heads for the forest then.

Zefir
2010-11-15, 04:28 PM
"I am happy cause noone would mind if I have to use my skills thats rare."

Zefir looks around to searchiong for a path.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 04:41 PM
Oh, I chased a platypus outside of some ruins once. Also something with a lightning guy and a key, but yeah, platypus.

He says, still looking around.
"A platypus?" she giggles.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-15, 04:58 PM
"I am happy cause noone would mind if I have to use my skills thats rare."

Zefir looks around to searchiong for a path.

"What kind of rare skills do you have exactly?" Cessie asks curiously as she starts to head after Nath and the others whom I assume are following him.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 05:02 PM
"A platypus?" she giggles.

I've been to some crazy places.

He says, heading toward the forest as well, not necessarily following Nath.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 05:08 PM
I've been to some crazy places.

He says, heading toward the forest as well, not necessarily following Nath.
Emily followed him.
"I can tell." she laughs.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 05:14 PM
In that same world I knew a talking magical penguin, a magical penguin man, and a friendly tentacle monster.

He says, smiling, sticking close enough to the others without really following.

Zefir
2010-11-15, 05:16 PM
"What kind of rare skills do you have exactly?" Cessie asks curiously as she starts to head after Nath and the others whom I assume are following him.

"Bombs like my Name." You seee 3 flashbang on his belt. And Zefir follows the group.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-15, 05:26 PM
"Bombs like your name?" She raises an eyebrow, sadly Cessie doesn't know what a flashbang is, nor does she know what a hand grenade is, so the name is lost to her.

"Are those some sort of bombs you mean? How peculiar." She comments, looking at the flashbangs. "I hope you won't need to use them though, I can easily disable an enemy with a simple spell so we don't need to use excessive force."

Zefir
2010-11-15, 05:32 PM
"My Name is Zefir think we haven't introduced yet. Is the spelling of C4 a type of explosiv."

He notice that you watch the flashbangs.

"Cool down these are the harmless one they just make a big noise and a flash light to stun people. I have much stronger things in my bag."

*Deadtime*

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 06:33 PM
Whatever direction people go, they will eventually reach the stone circle. Paths are overgrown by weeds, but can be found with a bit of diligence. There is one path leading into each of the 8 differently colored swaths of forest. Which way do you go?

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/images/thumb/d/d9/Magic_Kingdom.JPG/590px-Magic_Kingdom.JPG

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 06:39 PM
Rae heads for the blackish part.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-15, 06:50 PM
In that same world I knew a talking magical penguin, a magical penguin man, and a friendly tentacle monster.

He says, smiling, sticking close enough to the others without really following.
"...Coool!" she proclaims.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it was. There was also a robot miniature T-Rex that thought it was Batman, but he was one of the villains, so yeah.

He says, still heading for the blackish part of the forest.

Murska
2010-11-15, 06:56 PM
"Okay, everyone, maybe we should..."

Rae heads for the blackish part.

...stick together whatever. Any route is as good as the other, so let's go to the blue area, since I like blue."

"Hey you! Just thinking that black magic is usually nothing good..."

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 07:05 PM
((Hey guys? It would help me out a lot if your characters would talk to each other and work together instead of everyone splitting up. Pretty please? http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/happy0191.gif))

Shadowcaller
2010-11-15, 07:08 PM
"My Name is Zefir think we haven't introduced yet. Is the spelling of C4 a type of explosiv."

He notice that you watch the flashbangs.

"Cool down these are the harmless one they just make a big noise and a flash light to stun people. I have much stronger things in my bag."

*Deadtime*

Cessie smiles "And I'm Cessie, nice to meet you Zefir." She nods politely and then continues to walk as they finally reach the middle of the magic kingdoms. "Well, that does seems more useful then the one that blows people apart." She agrees with him.

"Blue does seem like a good color, but shouldn't we go together? Safety in numbers and all that. I doubt anyone like to get lost in this place." She says to Nath and then looks in the direction of Rae and Emily, unsure if she is going to come with them.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 07:09 PM
"Hey you! Just thinking that black magic is usually nothing good..."

That's exactly why I'm heading that way!

Rae shouts back, but he stops walking.

Murska
2010-11-15, 07:15 PM
"Um... so why exactly?" :smallconfused:

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 07:18 PM
Rae goes back to the group.

Because danger usually equals fun, that's why. Oh, and I also like the color black.

Murska
2010-11-15, 07:22 PM
"I'm not sure everyone here agrees with that." Nath glances at Cessie.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-15, 07:28 PM
[Magic Kingdoms]

"Err... well, while I would like to explore this whole place as it pretty much seems empty anyway, I'll rather avoid danger as much as possible. But I still think we would be in the least danger by being in a group." She tells Rea, Emily, Zefir and Nath.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-15, 07:34 PM
Eh, I'm up for whatever really, I just want to figure out more about this dollamancy. It seems to be similar to what I do, but on a larger scale. Or smaller. Or something.

((Deadtime))

happyturtle
2010-11-15, 07:45 PM
The spidew curls up on Nath's shoulders, tucking its legs under it. It seems to think its job is complete by bringing them this far. I suppose it expected someone to come and meet them.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 02:48 AM
"Nice to meet ya, too"

After the group split and comes together again he undeadtimes.

"Hey people I got a plan all may accept."

He searches a bit in the Bag mentioned to Cessie. He picks out two stick with a cylinder and a pointed hat.

"These things are called fireworks. They flw through the air adn the BOOM explode with a spectecular show. It will light the air in one of ten different colors, I think it includes all colors at choice. "

Weather they agree or not he will just go on. He pick up a half burnt bottle from his other bag and starts to fire the first rocket.
(I will Roll it 1 is the black area and then it goes clockwise. Nine and Ten are nothing.)

Edit The rocket flies through the air and explodes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9773370&postcount=2087). Ligthing the air in red dark enought to be visible on the day.

"If you agree lets turn to the red area."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 04:23 AM
Emily was aboiut to say something, but was distracted by the shiny firework.
"OOooh.... shineee..."

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 08:11 AM
Shiny indeed.

Rae says, turning toward the red forest.

I'm okay with red, fire is still pretty fun to mess with.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 08:22 AM
A Thinkagram is delivered to Zefir of an uncroaked skeleton.

"Welcome, Barbarian Shockamancer, to the Magic Kingdom. Please make your way to the Naughtymancy octor." Zefir should see a sparkler light up above the path to the teal sector.

No one else sees or hears any of this.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 08:32 AM
"What the hell is going on?"

He turned to the other.
"Have you heared that? They call us Barbarian Shockamancer and then want me to go to the Naughtymancy octor."

He points at the direction to the teal sector.
Then he shouts, because for him the voice came from some kind of loudspeaker.

"I'm sorry but the explosiv spoke more clearly to us. Meet us at red town."

He turns to the red area.
((Just to let you know he has no idea how magic could work he only understands his bag.))

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 08:36 AM
Zefir gets no reply to his shout.

Murska
2010-11-16, 09:40 AM
"I didn't see or hear anything. But since we agree, let's head to the red zone." Nath starts walking, assuming that everyone else will follow.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:46 AM
As soon as Nath steps outside the stone circle, he can no longer see or hear anything from his surroundings. The spidew on his shoulder makes a squeak and tries to crawl inside his shirt.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 09:47 AM
"That sounds fine." smiles Emily. "Let's go."

Zefir
2010-11-16, 09:51 AM
"No idea why you ddn't hear it it was just like someone stood near me"
Zefir follow as well.

Murska
2010-11-16, 09:53 AM
Nath stops and, while being crawled upon, tries to sense something of what's around. "Huh...?"

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 09:59 AM
As soon as Emily and Zefir cross the circle boundary, they experiences the same thing. The surroundings go dark and quiet.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 10:05 AM
Rae follows after Emily, reaching for where she was when the dark and quiet wash over him.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 10:06 AM
Assuming Emily doesn't prevent it, there's nothing to stop Rae from taking hold of Emily. Also, the silence doesn't prevent the party hearing each other.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 10:08 AM
"Should I light up the area?"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 11:06 AM
Cessie follows the others along, noting the magical phenomena that occurs as she steps outside the circle. Is there any clues what sort of magic that might effecting them from her magical sense?

"Possibly a sound field of some sort..." She mumbles to herself absentmindedly. "Oh, is it a bomb of some sort? Cessie asks Zefir. I could use a light spell instead, makes less noise"

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 11:10 AM
As the last to cross, Cessie can see the others standing still on the other side of the circle. Then when she crosses as well... darkness. She can tell that it's some sort of illusion. Very powerful.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 12:32 PM
"This is... weird..." murmurs Emily, shivering.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 01:06 PM
"It's some sort of illusion." Cessie exclaims, "What we see and hear not is not real, be very careful, there is no telling what might happen here."

Murska
2010-11-16, 01:11 PM
"Well I for one don't see or hear anything." Nath carefully slips out and unfolds a knife, holding it in his left hand. Then he starts taking slow steps forward, carefully checking the ground first.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 01:19 PM
It is weird.

Rae says, seeing if he can use his ring to pick up the other's energies, and putting his arm around Emily if he was able to grab her.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 01:20 PM
"Well I for one don't see or hear anything." Nath carefully slips out and unfolds a knife, holding it in his left hand. Then he starts taking slow steps forward, carefully checking the ground first.

"That is the illusion." Cessie replies, "And yes, it's quite odd." She agrees with Emily "Just be careful where you thread, you have any sort of protection?" She asks her, starting to follow Nath a bit.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 01:38 PM
"Ahh I hate this f*** magic."

I step back as far as I can hopefully returning to the place I see things.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 01:41 PM
As soon as Zefir crosses back into the circle, he can see the path and the people standing on it, looking around blankly.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 01:47 PM
"Fool magic. Follow me I think I know the way."

Zefir heads to the point the sparky light was waits until they saw him and then enters.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 01:49 PM
He's entering the teal section?

Zefir
2010-11-16, 01:55 PM
((Yep after the others saw where he want to go. Don't split the group you know?^^:smallwink:))

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately the others can't see anything. :smalltongue: And if the party splits up for good IC reasons, I can live with it, I just didn't want everyone randomly wandering off in different directions before even trying to work together.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 02:01 PM
It is weird.

Rae says, seeing if he can use his ring to pick up the other's energies, and putting his arm around Emily if he was able to grab her.
Emily rolls her eyes slightly, but smiles, and continues to lurk in the shadows without posting wait for an oppurtunity to act.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 02:06 PM
If noone follows Zefir he goes alone he just wants to be sure someone noticed.

Murska
2010-11-16, 02:10 PM
As Nath hears Zefir claim knowing where to go, he turns and heads to the direction of the voice. After all, he isn't getting nowhere without seeing or hearing anything, or at least not very quickly.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 02:17 PM
"Hello?" Cessie says a bit nervously as she doesn't get a respond on her question and suddenly gets unsure Emily and the others are there which makes her turn back to see if they went back or went some other way."

Murska
2010-11-16, 02:22 PM
"Cessie? Follow my voice. I'm heading towards the circle, I think, since Zefir said he figured something out." Nath makes sure the Spidew is fine.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 02:51 PM
Hearing only Nath's voice, she decides to follow it along, presumingly leaving the illusion. "Alright..."

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 02:53 PM
Anyone who steps back inside the circle is out of the Foolamancy veil and thus can see and hear normally again.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 03:06 PM
Well, it lookssounds like the others are going back, so backtracking time!

Rae says, walking backwards toward the circle.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 03:09 PM
She nods, regardless of how pointless that it is, and follows.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 03:15 PM
When they come into the clearing, Rae will go towards the teal, as Zefir seems to know what he's doing.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 03:19 PM
When they come into the clearing, Rae will go towards the teal, as Zefir seems to know what he's doing.
Being a follower, albeit a strong one, Emily will follow Rae.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 03:28 PM
Magic Kingdom

As the party crosses into the teal zone, skeletons and zombies rise up out of the ground and start to surround the party aggressively. Except for Zefir. They don't seem to mind him at all.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 03:30 PM
Emily yelps, forming sphere of golden power in her palm, ready to launch a Sunlance if they attack.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 03:32 PM
Magic Kingdom

Zefir noticed it and smells on himself.

"Uhg! This smells sad but I'm sure that I am not dead. Why do they ignore me and attack my eh eh companions."

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 03:39 PM
Hey, cool, something I won't get lectured for killing!

Rae says, forming a black sword from the denim on his pants.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 03:44 PM
Rae gets a thinkagram showing a Rock Golem. "Welcome, Barbarian Changeamancer, to the Magic Kingdom. Please return to the circle and make your way to the Stuffamancy octor."

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 03:45 PM
It's Denimancer, actually.

Rae says, before asking,

Which color is that?

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 03:46 PM
Rae gets no answer.

Zefir
2010-11-16, 03:52 PM
Zefir saw that 2 of his fellower have magic abilitys and goes on to the end of the way. Wherever it ends.

"I see you could handle this, if you made your way you will finde me just follow the BOOM."

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 03:54 PM
Rae walks back to the circle, still unsure exactly where he's supposed to be going.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 04:02 PM
The uncroaked make no attempt to stop Zefir going further down the teal path, or to stop Rae or anyone else from returning to the circle.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 04:07 PM
[Magic Kingdoms]

Cessie sigh, being quite used to skeletons and zombies so she isn't as afraid of them as a normal person might be. "Wait, before we attack them, let's try to head back to middle to see how they react." She suggests, slowly moving backwards, if they already have surrounded them however, she will try to estimate if the skeletons and zombies are trying to attack them or just keep them in place, in the first case, she will throw a fireball at them and in the second case she will try to read their energy, possibly learning their orders.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 04:10 PM
Magic Kingdom

Cessie will be able to tell that they have been ordered to prevent people from proceeding down the path, though she'd need to examine one a lot closer to work out how it tells who can pass and who can't.

Murska
2010-11-16, 04:30 PM
"It seems we aren't invited." Nath doesn't proceed towards the zombies and skeletons. "Hmm... Magic Kingdom? Hey Cessie, would you please cast something?"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 04:36 PM
"Oh... yes... I get what you mean." Cessie casts a simple light spell, deciding to fully back away from the undead, she could always investigate them later.

happyturtle
2010-11-16, 07:38 PM
Magic Kingdom

Once he is back in the circle, Rae sees a rock arch over the brown path.

Cessie gets a thinkagram showing a woman in a glowing aura. "Welcome, Barbarian Lookamancer, to the Magic Kingdom. Please make your way to the Eyeamancy octor." She sees a glowing arrow pointing at the red path.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 07:46 PM
I think I figured this out. Use your powers, people.

Rae says, to no one in particular, before heading off to the brown section

Shadowcaller
2010-11-16, 07:51 PM
Magic Kingdom

Once he is back in the circle, Rae sees a rock arch over the brown path.

Cessie gets a thinkagram showing a woman in a glowing aura. "Welcome, Barbarian Lookamancer, to the Magic Kingdom. Please make your way to the Eyeamancy octor." She sees a glowing arrow pointing at the red path.

"Barbarian?" Cessie sounds slightly upset by that title "What does she mean barbarian?" She asks to no one in particular. "...it appears we need to go to the red path however, just like Zefir did. And Rae is quite correct, try to use your powers if you have any."

Zefir
2010-11-17, 02:53 AM
Zefir still walks his way to the, hopefully fast coming city. If things get to bored he searches for something in his bag.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 05:01 AM
Emily considers what magic she's best at, and promptly releases her Sunlance into the ground, a searing blast of light scoring a deep mark. In theory.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 05:40 AM
Emily gets the skeleton version of the thinkagram. "Welcome, barbarian shockamancer, to the Magic Kingdom. Please proceed on this path to the Naughtymancy Octor." The zombies all step aside for her.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 05:46 AM
"Huh. Okay..." she murmurs, heading towards the designated octor.

Murska
2010-11-17, 06:05 AM
"Hrm. Well, Zefir didn't need any actual magical powers..."

Nath pulls out a small pistol and shoots at the ground.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 06:16 AM
Magic Kingdom

Oooh, so Nath = Dan? Awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Nath gets the same message that Emily just got. The island thinks he's a Shockamancer too, and the zombies let him pass. The little spidew is still on his shoulder, but under his shirt, hiding.

Shockamancy Octor (teal)

Zefir and Emily, and Nath if he goes that way, will follow the path without incident. The uncroaked along the way pretty much ignore them.

Eventually they reach a small primitive looking settlement. In ruins.

Stuffamancy Octor (brown)

On the brown path, Rae sees some LFNs, Battle Bears, and Tchotchkes wandering around, but none of them try to stop him. Eventually he'll reach a small, primitive looking settlement, in ruins.

Eyemancy Octor (red)

If Cessie returns to the red path, the illusion doesn't affect her this time, though she can feel the magic all around. There is a small, still pool on one side of the path that radiates magic even stronger than the background environment.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 06:28 AM
"Well, isn't that cheerful." comments Emily dryly, approaching the settlement. "Now what?"

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 06:30 AM
"It appears it wants to to take the red path, it would be unwise to split up, but..." She eyes the magic pool "Just give me a minute, okay?"

She goes to the red path to get a better sense of the red pool.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 06:36 AM
Red Path - Eyemancy Octor

When Cessie looks into the pool, she can see a small diagram of the island, and little moving dots representing herself and the other party members.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 06:58 AM

Cessie studies the pool for a while, trying to see where everyone is going. If she can't any real location, she continues down the red path "If I want something, I try to tell you with telepathy... it's magic, if you hear my voice in your head, thats me telling you something, I'll be right back." She tells the others before she continues a bit, if she won't find anything, she will return to the others.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 07:00 AM

Soon enough, Cessie comes upon a primitive looking village, in ruins.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 07:01 AM
Shockamancy Octor

"Cheerful? Backward fits the term more closly, but I think it is good for us to have something they don't know."

Out of the bag Zefir drew a red grande, if any of the other no how normal look they notice that this one is much bigger. Then Zefir head to the settlement, watching everywhere to avoide suprise attacks.

((The thing I have is a cluster bomb a reference to worms^^))

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 07:06 AM

Soon enough, Cessie comes upon a primitive looking village, in ruins.

"Hello? Anyone here?" Cessie asks as she comes closer to the village, trying to get a sense of the nearby magic.

/I have found some sort of primitive village. I think I'm going to investigate it./ The others will hear within their minds, unless there is something preventing them to. They will be able to reply to these words.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 07:28 AM
"It was sarcasm." she sighs in irritation. She considers pulling out a banana, and decides that it would be needlessly destructive even by her standards.

Murska
2010-11-17, 07:37 AM
Nath (Well, the inspiration came from a Dan-ish character. I keep mixing up the names.) is not even close to as destructive as his companions. But he strides quickly into the middle of the ruins, trying to get a feeling for what the place is like and, perhaps, what kind of people or situations it was for.

/Yeah, us too. It looks like this place is fairly symmetrical, and divided between different 'schools' of magic./ He responds to Cessie.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 07:44 AM
If Cessie can't feel any hostile magic nearby, she will start to search the village carefully, she will avoid getting dirty though, but if she will have to dig a bit, she will use her magic gloves to do so.

/Indeed, schools of magic, reminds me a bit of my own schools of magic, but they aren't as divided./ Cessie replies

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 08:07 AM
/Yep, Village here too. Gonna scan for life./

And Rae does so, flying above the buildings and sweeping his ring to find any signs life, mainly the weak electric fields that bodies give off.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 08:26 AM
Teal Village - Naughtymancy Octor

Zefir sees no sign of any ambush, though the uncroaked milling about might make him twitchy.

Emily might catch sight of something glittery in the ruins of a collapsed hut.

Nath finds a well in the village center with writing engraved on it.

Brown Village - Stuffamancy Octor

((Oops... just realized the cloth golems and tchotckes would have been in the Spookism Octor. Ah well... we'll just say they wandered over the border.))

Rae finds no signs of intelligent life in the village, though there is plenty of plant and animal life. He can find former croplands, now overgrown, greatly enriched by remaining dirtamancy. The border with the red Eyemancy Octor may attract his attention, as it feels more rich with life, somehow, though not in its usual form.

Red Village - Eyemancy Octor

One of the huts looks slightly more intact than the others. When Cessie goes inside to investigate, her magic senses locate a veiled trapdoor with a magic lock on it. It seems designed merely to keep out mundanes though, as it can be easily unlocked with a small bit of neutral magic.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/images/thumb/d/d9/Magic_Kingdom.JPG/590px-Magic_Kingdom.JPG

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 08:38 AM

Curiously Cessie goes to investigate this magical door, using some force energy to open it up, keeping a weak force shield around herself, just in case.

/Just be careful./ She tells Rea casually.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 08:43 AM
Zefir who sees no danger starts to investigate the settlement, too. Holding the cluster bomb in his hand just in case.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 10:03 AM
/No people. Animals and plants and stuff, but no people. I'm going in for a closer look. Oh,and you should probably be careful too, more signs of life in the red than here./

With that he flies down to the village, opening the doors to each hut and scanning inside before heading to the next.

Murska
2010-11-17, 10:22 AM
Nath attempts to read the writing. If he can't make any sense of it, he'll just copy it down.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 03:10 PM
"Hey!" called Emily. "I see something shiny!"

Without waiting for anyone, she dashes towards and into the relevant hut.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 04:36 PM
Magic Kingdom

Emily finds a small stash of gems. Oooh, shiney!

The carving in the stones of the well is crudely done. "This is our last turn before we go to see the Titans. But our fall was glorious."

As Zefir investigates, he sees signs of explosions that occurred some time ago. Long enough for weeds to grow back over the disturbed landscape.

Brown Village - Stuffamancy Octor

Rae can't find any signs of life, but plenty of signs of violence. How odd that there are no bodies or any graves though.

Inside the hidden trapdoor, Cessie finds a book, and some scrolls. All of them are magic, but the book is a permanent magic item, while the scrolls are stored spells.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 04:41 PM

Zefir took a closer look at these explosions researching the type used and anything he can find out.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 04:42 PM

Cessie tries to feel if the book is cursed or what kind of magic it would be enchanted with, if she doesn't get a feel she will open and read it, trying to get a clue what have happened here.

Murska
2010-11-17, 04:42 PM
"Must've been a big battle. And a strong invader." Nath walks past the carving and farther into the village, trying to look around for any further clues.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 04:47 PM
Magic Kingdom

Emily finds a small stash of gems. Oooh, shiney!
"MINE!" yelps Emily, quite literally pouncing on them.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 04:49 PM
/Noone alive. They seem to have been fighting. I'm coming to you./

Rae says, flying toward the red.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 04:55 PM
Brown Stuffamancy Octor > Red Eyemancy Octor

As soon as Rae crosses the border, the Foolamancy veil keeps him from seeing his surroundings.

Red Eyemancy Octor

As Cessie flips through the book, she can find writing in the first third of it, seeming to be recording of events. But the rest of the book is blank, and it has far more magic contained in it than would seem necessary for just preserving a book to keep it from deteriorating. It's clearly something more.

Teal Naughtymancy Octor

Zefir won't find any traces of gunpowder or other explosives, which might tell him it was all magic involved.

Emily acquires 5 shinies of different colors.

Nath can see signs of battle, but like Rae, no bodies except those of the uncroaked.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 04:59 PM
Red Eyemancy Octor

/None alive here either, I have found some sort of book however, it might give us insight in what have transpired here... oh, sorry. I don't think I ever asked your name. I'm Cessie and I'm really sorry we need to introduce ourself over a mental connection. I forgot my manners times likes these it seems./ She sounds a bit embarrassed she happened to forget that.

At the same time she tries to read the recordings that have been written within the book.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 05:01 PM
Emily strokes the shinies lovingly, and manages to regain her control before uttering 'my preciioouusssss...'
Although only just.
She stores them in a dimensional pocket, and continues to explore!

Zefir
2010-11-17, 05:05 PM
Zefir searched for other signs of a fight in the settlement

Murska
2010-11-17, 05:10 PM
/This place had a battle, and the inhabitants were wiped out. Probably by something powerful. I haven't found any items or such yet./

Nath heads towards the nearest border and pulls out binoculars, finding a high place to stand if possible and trying to see as far as he can.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 05:16 PM
/Test Test is this thing working?/

Zefir hit against his head like the connection isn't fit yet.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 05:27 PM
/I'm Rae. Can't see or hear again. I should be a blue glow against the sky. See if you can direct me to you./

He stops, and sends a beam of light upward to make sure she can see him.

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 06:36 PM
Red - Eyemancy Octor

If she looks through the book, the entries seem to be mostly routine matters. There are mentions of crops and job assignments, recordings of something called 'rands' which seems to be traded a lot, and lots of names and general gossipy stuff.

It isn't until she gets to the last few pages that the entries start to change. Of course before she can read those, Rae makes his request. Cessie can easily see him. She could guide him in, or she could attempt to dispel the veil.

Teal - Naughtymancy Octor

Nath gets a view of the red and gray zones. It all looks pretty much the same, except for the lack of uncroaked in the other two zones. Pretty much destroyed and empty.

Zefir and Emily don't find anything more in their explorations.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 06:41 PM

/Hello? I think we need investigate more this land isn't that small I think. And we should get the clue of the areas seems like explosions even the small one guns make grandt access to this area/

Zefir searches for any other way who leads to an other place in the Naughtymancy Octor.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 06:51 PM
Thinking, unable to find anything else, Emily has an idea!
"Hey! Everyone!" she says, running out of the hut she was in. "If we used a particular type of magic to get into this section, maybe we could use a different type to get to the others? We might have to use it in the middle, but..."

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 07:39 PM
Red - Eyemancy Octor

/Some sort of magical explosion most likely, I'm not sure until I have read this book I found./ Cessie replies to Zefir. /And Rae, I think I might be able to disable the veil that is making you blind, hold on.../ Cessie casts dispel magic in a attempt to break the veil.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 07:42 PM
Mr. Cat's Domain

With a pop, Mr. Cat teleports inside himself, into the particular demi-plane he calls his domain, as he spends the majority of his free time here. The domain is a medium island surrounded by an infinite sea that swims with vast schools of fish. The sun perpetually hangs in just the right spot for sunbathing, and there is always a nice patch of sand to lie on. In the center of the island is a field of catnip, surrounding a castle that looks like it was made out of carpet, the walls shaggy and perfect for scratching. Mr. Cat lands on a sun chair right on the beach, a glass table holding a plate of trout and glass of milk appearing beside him.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 07:46 PM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

A different Rae comes into the domain, missing most of the fingers on his right hand. He tries to stay silent and come behind Mr. Cat, drawing a red-bladed sword from his pocket.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 07:48 PM
Mr. Cat turns around are stares at him. Nope. He says, and the sword should be ripped out of Rae's hands and thrown into the void that is Mr. Cat's stomach. As the entire plane is MR. Cat, he is much more powerful here.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 07:52 PM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Yes.

Rae says, keeping hold of his sword.

Like I said, you released a killer. One that doesn't give up.

Rae's eyes are glowing a very, dark blue, nearly black. He swings the sword at the cat, moving much more quickly than should be possible.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 07:56 PM
Mr. Cat teleports away, floating above the water. I regret to do this to a fellow team-mate, even one who harbors such intense dislike of me. However, as you yourself have validated, you are a killer and a menace to LANTERN and society in general. Therefor, I must, for the safety of all, including yourself, imprison you until such a time as you cannot or no longer harbor the wish to kill. He says, and Rae should be thrown into the void, massive amounts of power pouring into the spell from all directions as Mr. Cat uses both his full might and the demi-plane to imprison him.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 07:56 PM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Andy lands on the Island. Thunderbolts coming out of his left arm burning the next thing in range.

Maxios
2010-11-17, 08:07 PM
[Void]

"Where am I!" Maxios yells.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 08:12 PM
Void

Maxios is in, well, avoid. A vast, blank space filled with seemingly endless debris. Tiny islands of broken earth float in the void, surrounded by shattered metal, stone and dirt. Other, smaller scraps of junk practically fill the air, except in a single spot in the very center, where there is nothing at all, not even the smallest speck of dust. Everything else seems to orbit around this spot, and Maxios may begin to feel like he's being drawn towards it.

Maxios
2010-11-17, 08:14 PM
Void

Maxios starts walking to that spot, then yells

"CAT! LET ME OUT OF HERE OR I SWEAR, YOU WILL NEVER NOM AGAIN!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 08:15 PM
Mr. Cat appears, and blinks at Maxios. Oh, iz U.

Zefir
2010-11-17, 08:17 PM
"You fool Cat why did you hurt us and kidnap us. And more Obviously WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ARM?"

*deadtime* *hustoverpoweredcharshust*

Maxios
2010-11-17, 08:17 PM
Void
"Why did you bring me here!" Maxios yells to the cat

happyturtle
2010-11-17, 08:18 PM
((Now that there are two plots here, please use tags, everyone))

Magic Kingdom

Cessie succeeds in dispelling the Veil. Rae can see again.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 08:41 PM
[Void]

Wuz accident. Ment to git Rae. Mr. Cat says, and Maxios should be teleported into Mr. Cat's Domain.
------------------------------------------

[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Mr. Cat looks at Andy. I needed to speak to you, and I do not belive I hurt you. As for your arm, I do not know, but I doubt it is any of my doing.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 08:54 PM
[Void]

Rae arrives in the void, thoughts racing.

He thinks he can imprison me? He has no idea who he is dealing with. I will tear this place to shreds, and then I will do the same to him.

Rae says, as the scrap of denim holding his hair back disintegrates. If Mr. Cat can do such a thing, he will notice a massive surge of energy. Wild, seemingly uncontrollable energy. Tearing at the threads that are holding this place together, tearing at everything.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 09:13 PM
[Void]

Mr. Cat grins at Rae, that begins to laugh as the enrgy pours forth. For you see, the void? It's Mr. Cat's stomach, and his food is energy. Rae may feel a tug as the empty space in the center reacts to the energy as a starving man reacts to food, grabbing at it greedily and trying to rip it away from Rae, to devour it and savour the taste.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 09:33 PM
[void]
Do you know what happens when a starving man eats too much? He dies.

Rae says, pouring more and more energy into the void, a wicked smile forming on his face. Oh, I may get to Die today! He thinks, laughing as he pumps more and more energy into it.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 09:42 PM
Mr. Cat just laughs harder and harder as the enrgy pours out, then suddenly stops and begins to grasp his stomach, a pained expression on his face, yowling in pain. He looks as though he is in mortal pain.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 09:50 PM
[Void]

Keep eating little one, keep eating!

Rae says, pouring more energy into the void. Where he's getting it, I have no idea, but the glow around him is slowly turning green.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 09:58 PM
Mr. Cat's convulsions increase in violence, until he is writhing, clawing at the air, a trickle of blood pouring from his lip where his teeth have cut into his gums. With a horrible, deathly hiss, half in anger, half in pain, he rises to his feet Irony appearing in hand. He charges.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 10:07 PM
[Void]

Good boy! Just Keep Eating!

Rae says, his energy shifting to completely green, and still getting yellower. He ignores the cat and it's magical golf club.

Maxios
2010-11-17, 10:10 PM
[Void]

"May I return to HQ now?" Maxios asks Mr. Cat

Shadowcaller
2010-11-17, 10:15 PM
((Now that there are two plots here, please use tags, everyone))

Magic Kingdom

Cessie succeeds in dispelling the Veil. Rae can see again.

/Alright, I think I dispelled the veil now, Rae, can you see again?/ Cessie asks.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 10:17 PM
(Maxios should have been teleported to Mr. Cat's Island, unless he resisted somehow)

Mr. Cat swings the club at Rae with all his might, and it's a lot of might.

Maxios
2010-11-17, 10:18 PM
[Mr. Cat's Island]

"This ain't home." Maxios says looking around. "It a lot sunnier and sandy for one thing."

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 10:26 PM
[Void]

Rae continues to bombard the core with energy, his aura almost completely yellow at this point. Mr cat may find that Irony stops inches from Rae's head.

O yes, let's Die together!

He laughs, increasing the amount of energy he is feeding to the core.

[Magical Kingdom]

GAAAAAHH

Rae yells, falling from the sky.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 10:30 PM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

No. It is my home. I need to speak to you, and as I am sadly unable to articulate outside of this inner world of mine. Fish? Mr. Cat says, offering Maxios a tuna sandwhich.
-----------------------------------------------------

[Void]

Mr. Cat grimaces and tries to force Irony past the barrier, blood now pouring from his mouth and beginning to flow from his eye. The world around seems to be shifting a bit as well, things seeming to move faster, with more purpose.

Maxios
2010-11-17, 10:31 PM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

No. It is my home. I need to speak to you, and as I am sadly unable to articulate outside of this inner world of mine. Fish? Mr. Cat says, offering Maxios a tuna sandwhich.
-----------------------------------------------------

[Void]

Mr. Cat grimaces and tries to force Irony past the barrier, blood now pouring from his mouth and beginning to flow from his eye. The world around seems to be shifting a bit as well, things seeming to move faster, with more purpose.

"What is it you need to speak with me about?" Maxios asks Mr. Cat

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 10:37 PM
[Void]

Rae turns his head to Mr. Cat. His eyes are glowing a sickly yellow.

Don't you want to die, little one!?!!!!

He says, pouring all of his energy straight into the core.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 11:04 PM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

LANTERN of course, and the direction you intend to take it in.
------------------------------------

[Void]

No, I want you to die. Mr. Cat says, pulling back Irony and raising it above his head. A aura of orange surrounds it, making it stronger, sharper and faster, then he swings. It is a blow that could make buildings tremble.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 11:24 PM
[Void]

Rae takes the club right on the head. He doesn't even flinch as blood starts pouring down his face.

Oh, I want that too!!!!! I don't think it can happen though, it hasn't happened yet. But we'll see, O yessiree will we see!!!

Rae flies straight for the core of the void.

O, yippee, we're gonna see, see, see!!!!!

Gullara
2010-11-17, 11:26 PM
[Void]

Nite appears right in front of Rae. Rae's emotional aura reflects that he is... peaceful and tranquil? Odd.

Nite draws his sword, "Stop this madness!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 11:28 PM
As Rae gets closer to the center, the energy will begin draining faster and faster, until he reaches the absolute center, at which point the void will begin draining everything, not even waiting for him tomrelease more energy. Magic, blue ring energy, memories, thoughts, emotions, it will begin to eat them all until nothing is left.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 11:31 PM
[Void]

O, Hi Mister vampire guy! Did you come to die too!?!1

Rae says cheerfully, waving as fast as he can, still floatig closer to the center.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 11:34 PM
Mr. Cat thinks, and a crystaline sphere should instantaneously appear around Nite, trappig him.

Gullara
2010-11-17, 11:35 PM
[Void]

"The damn fool." Nite takes off after him, his boots somehow still propelling him at extreme speeds despite the void. He launches several magic missiles and magic bindings to stop Rae.

The spell is unsuccessful due to a sphere. "Damn!"

[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Nite finds a plot clone of himself by Maxios.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 11:39 PM
[Void]

Aww, why don't you let him die if he wants, Mr. Cat?!??

Rae says, still floating toward the center, still feeding it energy, still laughing cheerfully,

Gullara
2010-11-17, 11:40 PM
Nite launches several, vampire strength, attacks at the sphere in an attempt to break it.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-17, 11:44 PM
The sphere is diamond, and enchanted to stop magic use while within it. Now, now. I'll deal with you later.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-17, 11:51 PM
[Void]

You do want to die, right Mister vampire guy?!? Because if not, you may want to go through one of the portals whe they start showing up.

Rae says, sounding almost normal near the end. He is now close enough to the core that he doesn't have to concentrate to make energy pour into it.

Gullara
2010-11-17, 11:53 PM
Nite pounds the sphere in rage. He starts glowing red rather than blue.

An idea. Using his, non-magic, power ring he makes a black bubble inside the sphere and pushes outward with all his strength.

ThirdEmperor
Just die already! Mr. Cat says, doubling over once more.

Edit: The crystal sphere also disrupts stuff like power rings, but it is beginning to waver under Nite's assaults.

Maxios
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

LANTERN of course, and the direction you intend to take it in.
------------------------------------

[Void]

No, I want you to die. Mr. Cat says, pulling back Irony and raising it above his head. A aura of orange surrounds it, making it stronger, sharper and faster, then he swings. It is a blow that could make buildings tremble.

"I plan on making it the greatest group on Nexus, of course."

Gullara
2010-11-18, 12:00 AM
[Void]

Nite attacks with even greater ferocity, pounding away at the sphere. He breaking his own bones the blows are so strong.
-------------------------------------

[Mr. Cat's Domain]

"You should set more reasonable goals." Nite says.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 12:01 AM
How though? I have seen little done to further this goal.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 12:05 AM
[Void]

Like I said, I'm not sure if I can, the portals always get me before that.

Rae says, shrugging, close enough to the core that power from his ring is being drawn out too.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 12:12 AM
Mr. Cat doesn't bother to respond.

As for the sphere? A tiny crack appears on it, then widens a tiny bit with each blow.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 12:15 AM
[Void]

Oh boy, getting closer, getting closer!!!

Rae says, beginning to forget things from all over his life.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 12:16 AM
How though? I have seen little done to further this goal.

"By recruiting members, and fighting evil."

Gullara
2010-11-18, 12:16 AM
[Void]

Nite continues his rain of blows, focusing on the crack when it appears.

All the while his rage is growing.

EDIT: V :smallredface: Oops, I've already caught myself a few times now. Sorry about that.

happyturtle
2010-11-18, 12:23 AM
((Plot tags, please! Other people are using this thread and will have to sort through all these posts tomorrow when they log on.))

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 12:27 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

And what crime are we fighting? NPCs? NPCs that wouldn't exist if we didn't fight them?
---------------------------------------------

[Void]

The crack grows, clearly visible now..... Then Mr. Cat notices Nite's attempts. Now, now, you'll get out once I'm done with him. He says, and snaps his fingers. The sphere grows inward, trying to encase Nite in crystal so he can't move.

Gullara
2010-11-18, 12:30 AM
[Void]

Seeing Mr. Cat look over, Nite make one last attempt to break the sphere. He takes a knife and jams it into the crack with all his strength. He just need to penetrate the outside.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 12:38 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

And what crime are we fighting? NPCs? NPCs that wouldn't exist if we didn't fight them?
---------------------------------------------

[Void]

The crack grows, clearly visible now..... Then Mr. Cat notices Nite's attempts. Now, now, you'll get out once I'm done with him. He says, and snaps his fingers. The sphere grows inward, trying to encase Nite in crystal so he can't move.

[Mr Cat's domain]
"No. Soon, we'll attack AMEN, SAINT, and other evil groups."

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 12:41 AM
[Void]

Heh, heh, silly me. I can't remember who I am.

Rae says, absolutely calm, close enough to the core that he could reach out and touch it. In fact...

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 12:54 AM
[Void]

The knife slices into the crack in the crystal sphere, and with a sound like crystaline bell shattering.... The knife breaks through just as Mr. Cat hurles it away with his mind, throwing it a hundred miles or more, certainly enough to stop Nite from rescuing Rae, because as close as Rae is to the core, he, in all likelyhood, has exactly three seconds left. A predatory smile on his lips, Mr. Cat prepares to pull Rae away at exactly two seconds, just before he loses his soul, but enough that he will likely never remember who he was. And the portals? Sadly, no one but Mr. Cat can teleport in the void. Wouldn't be much of a stomach if people could just leave, would it?
--------------------------------------------------------

[Mr. Cat's Domain]

And now you're getting ahead of yourself. AMEN and SAINT could both crush us. What we need to do is stop PC crime, keep law and order, stop destruction.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 01:07 AM
[Void]

Rae, reaches out to touch the core, and smiles.

I've got you.

As soon as he makes contact, there is a sound. What kind of sound isn't clear, but it is undeniably a breaking. Behind Rae, and in various other places, tears appear in the void.

Here they come, but they won't get me this time.

He says, taking hold of the core with both hands.

Gullara
2010-11-18, 01:08 AM
[Void]

Nite's going to try anyway. He's got seven league boots and a lot of built up magic due to being very angry. If he gets near Rae he will throw a massive wave of energy that should push throw Rae violently away from the core.
-----------------------------------

[Mr. Cat's Domain]

To Maxios, "He's right. Forget good and evil. Embrace lawfulness. Keep the peace and maintain order."

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 01:17 AM
Mr. Cat swallows. This will hurt for real this time, and probably more than anything he's ever done. He concentrates..... And the core blinks out, the empty space filling with tiny scraps of matyer. With a hiss Mr. Cat raises his hand, and Rae should be thrown out of where the core once was, a crystaline sphere forming around him should this be successful. As for the tears? They should be shutting around this point. It isn't that there are wards against such things, it's that they are simply impossible here. And if they don't close, Mr. Cat is quite worried about what might be behind them.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 01:25 AM
[Void]

The tears do not close. In fact, more appear as Rae flies away, chasing after him. As for what is behind them, the answer is nothing. Or, perhaps, everything. There is no supernatural cause for them, nor is there a natural. They simply are.

Stupid... Cat... Should have... Let me... Finish.

Rae says, holding on to the last thing he has left. Hope.

Gullara
2010-11-18, 01:31 AM
[Void]

Nite move towards the pair, "This has gone too far," he says, "Enough!" With that he attempts to trap Rae and Mr. Cat in red magic cages.

((deadtime))

Zefir
2010-11-18, 03:22 AM
[Teal Village - Naughtymancy Octor]

/I'm sorry but I dont have any other powers. I'm a normal human not some freak./

Zefir will return searching the whole area.

((Are these areas very small so they have just one sttlement?))

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[Mr.Cats Den]

Andy seems angry.

"You wan tto talk to me? If you want why do I have to stay here? Why are you just so evil?"

Text occure in his left eye.

"What? Oh.. Ohhhh... yeah that could work."

Andy stands up his arm hasn't end to throw thunderbolts. Eh is going searching for a place that fit some inputs.

happyturtle
2010-11-18, 04:18 AM
Magic Kingdom

Yes, one settlement per Octor.

Nath finds a tattered and waterstained book in one of the huts titled "Magic Theory for the Newly Popped". If he flips through it, he gets IC versions of the information on this page (http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Magic), as well as the pages for each of the Elements, Axes, Classes, and Disciplines. (Basically, the links in the magic table)

Does Emily try a different type of magic?

[Red Village - Eyemancy Octor]

A Battle Bear crosses the border to try to catch Rae before he hits the ground.

Cessie finds towards the end of the log of events a record of the war against the Magic Kingdom, by the Glorious Titanic Mandate Coalition. Apparently a new religion had risen up which held that magic was a perversion of the Titan's plan. At first the Coalition tried to merely blockade all casters in the Magic Kingdom, but the casters fought, every turn, trying to make the blockade too expensive to maintain.

The ArkenApron, attuned to Master-class Dollamancer Mary Price made them feel confident in success, because she could create many powerful dolls, golems, and action figures that required no upkeep. But they learned too late (for their Predictamancers had been croaked early in the war by an assassin) that a member of the Coalition held the Arkenboots.

"And one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you."

Murska
2010-11-18, 05:32 AM
"Ooh. Nice." Nath flips through the book. "I'd better bring this to someone who can make sense of it."

Nath heads to the Red area to find Cessie, attempting to avoid any mundane notice by any creatures. If they get a magical warning for someone nearby or entering the zone, then there's nothing he can do about that, but he knows how to stay unseen by eyes, thermal sensors, ultrasonic, nightvis or any other mundane means.

Of course, he doesn't have the equipment to fool thermal or US with him. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 06:03 AM
Magic Kingdom

/I'm sorry but I dont have any other powers. I'm a normal human not some freak./
"I... ooooh." she simmers with anger, resisting the urge to set him on fire, and turning back to head towards the centre. When there, she will create a cloth golem!

happyturtle
2010-11-18, 08:30 AM
Magic Kingdom

Emily gets a Thinkagram of a cute doll, addressing her as a Dollamancer and inviting her to the Spookism Octor. A tchotchke rings a bell from the direction of the green sector.

The red octor is now officially open to all, since the Foolamancy veil has been lifted.

Center circle - open to all
1. Eyemancy red - now open to all
2. ?? blue
3. ?? yellow
4. ?? purple
5. Naughtymancy teal - open to Emily, Zefir, and Nath
6. ?? gray
7. Spookism green - open to Emily
8. Stuffamancy brown - open to Rae

((I am going to be sleeping a lot today, so you guys might want to gather in one of the open areas and share info IC since that doesn't require my active GMing. Lix, feel free to share whatever IC knowledge Emily has of the Erf universe. Any discrepancies can be handwaved away as this Erf being an alternate universe of the one(s) she's familiar with, but that operates on roughly the same rules.))

Zefir
2010-11-18, 08:43 AM
Magic Kingdom
Zefir will go back to the center of the area and wait for the other.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:11 AM
[Void]

The knife slices into the crack in the crystal sphere, and with a sound like crystaline bell shattering.... The knife breaks through just as Mr. Cat hurles it away with his mind, throwing it a hundred miles or more, certainly enough to stop Nite from rescuing Rae, because as close as Rae is to the core, he, in all likelyhood, has exactly three seconds left. A predatory smile on his lips, Mr. Cat prepares to pull Rae away at exactly two seconds, just before he loses his soul, but enough that he will likely never remember who he was. And the portals? Sadly, no one but Mr. Cat can teleport in the void. Wouldn't be much of a stomach if people could just leave, would it?
--------------------------------------------------------

[Mr. Cat's Domain]

And now you're getting ahead of yourself. AMEN and SAINT could both crush us. What we need to do is stop PC crime, keep law and order, stop destruction.

Mr Cat's Domain
"That's why I'm saying we need more members, so we may take on AMEN and SAINT. Thing is, there isn't as much PC crime as there used to be"

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 11:20 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Look, neither AMEN or SAINT are the issue. there is, in fact, lots of crime. People fight, people die, and that's what we need to stop.
-----------------------------------------------

[Void]

Mr. Cat is trapped! Release me. Now. I need to get this fool out of the way and re-activate the core before I die of hunger.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:23 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Look, neither AMEN or SAINT are the issue. there is, in fact, lots of crime. People fight, people die, and that's what we need to stop.
-----------------------------------------------

[Void]

Mr. Cat is trapped! Release me. Now. I need to get this fool out of the way and re-activate the core before I die of hunger.

Mr Cat's Domain
"My point exactly. That's why, when I get out of here, nearly the whole team will go on patrol in Inside to stop any crimes."

Zefir
2010-11-18, 11:25 AM
[Mr.Cats Den]

Andy seems angry.

"You wan tto talk to me? If you want why do I have to stay here? Why are you just so evil?"

Text occure in his left eye.

"What? Oh.. Ohhhh... yeah that could work."

Andy stands up his arm hasn't end to throw thunderbolts. Eh is going searching for a place that fit some inputs.

Just to make sure The cat notice

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 11:26 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Patrol? How ineffecient. The first thing we need to do is find a way to view events from afar.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:28 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Patrol? How ineffecient. The first thing we need to do is find a way to view events from afar.

"That's why we have the War Room in HQ. It uses active satellite, so we see everything happening, at the time it happens, and where it happens."

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 11:34 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Mr. Cat just blinks at Andy. As you might have noticed, my capabilites for speech are severly limited outside of this place. I do not relish the thought of holding a conversation in lolspeak. He says, before turning to Maxios. Yes, but we must endevor not to full to sloth and lethargy as HALO did. We must stop all crimes, large or small, or at least make the attempt.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:35 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

Mr. Cat just blinks at Andy. As you might have noticed, my capabilites for speech are severly limited outside of this place. I do not relish the thought of holding a conversation in lolspeak. He says, before turning to Maxios. Yes, but we must endevor not to full to sloth and lethargy as HALO did. We must stop all crimes, large or small, or at least make the attempt.

Maxios nods. "My point exactly! Unlike HALO, we'll actually fight crime, Unlike WATCHTOWER, we'll fight all kinds!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 11:37 AM
Very well, I do believe this talk is at a end. DO remember though, don't waste time on fighting NPCs, and more importantly? Don't annoy WATCHTOWER.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:38 AM
Very well, I do believe this talk is at a end. DO remember though, don't waste time on fighting NPCs, and more importantly? Don't annoy WATCHTOWER.

"Alright. Next time Magtok or some other villains attempts a crime, we'll be there to stop them. And WATCHTOWER...they get annoyed over every little thing!"

Zefir
2010-11-18, 11:39 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

"This is sad but does not declar the fact why we were eaten by you."

*saaap* Andy touched a big stone, which would be grilled and only dust return. The Lightningbolts stop popping out, only a few reain walking up and down the arm.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 11:41 AM
You were not eaten. You, as far as I could see, are largely running the show at LANTERN, so I brought you here to talk. Had I eaten you, you presumably wouldn't be talking. You may leave, if you wish. Mr. Cat says, and waves a hand. A doorway appears, floating a few inches in the air.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:42 AM
You were not eaten. You, as far as I could see, are largely running the show at LANTERN, so I brought you here to talk. Had I eaten you, you presumably wouldn't be talking. You may leave, if you wish. Mr. Cat says, and waves a hand. A doorway appears, floating a few inches in the air.

"Thank you." And Maxios begins walking towards the doorway.

Zefir
2010-11-18, 11:45 AM
[Mr. Cat's Domain]

"If you want to talk to me then do do it."

(( ISn't andy in another position than Maximo I just thought so.))

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:46 AM
((Andy's second in charge, and Maxios' right hand man. He is also his advisor, along with the cat.))

Zefir
2010-11-18, 11:48 AM
((A misunderstand I mean another Location not near Maximos))

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:50 AM
((Sorry, sometimes I misread. Both Andy and Maxios are in Mr. Cat's domain.))

Zefir
2010-11-18, 11:51 AM
((It is allways bad if some words have more than one different meaning.))

Maxios
2010-11-18, 11:57 AM
((It is allways bad if some words have more than one different meaning.))

((Indeed))

Maxios enters the doorway, and is back at LANTERN

Zefir
2010-11-18, 12:05 PM
Post from Rae:
[Void]

Huh. So this is what dying feels like. It's peaceful, really. Too bad it can't last. It can never last. Rae thinks, floating in the near-empty void that is his mind. Might as well get started.

He begins to float toward the center of his mind, passing scraps of memories. A face here, a name there, an insignificant event. As he passes them, he gathers them up, cradling them, cherishing them, bringing them where they need to go. Center. Rae thinks, in the distance there is a light, a spark. He closes in on the spark.

Hope.

He says, and begins letting the memories into the spark. One by one, they float in. One by one, they are consumed. One by one, the spark grows, becoming an ember and then a flame. More memories begin to appear, feeding themselves to the flame. The fire, the blaze, the inferno. At last, the fire of Hope is all that remains. Time passes in his mind, and the inferno burns strong.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's now or never. Rae thinks, throwing his own consciousness into the inferno. There is a blinding flash as the inferno doubles in size, and then collapses. Emptiness. Endless emptiness, until a new spark appears. From that spark there is a whisper.

In fearful day, in raging night...

As the whisper goes, so come memories, trickling from the spark.

... with strong hearts full, our souls ignite!

The whisper grows stronger, and the memories pour out more quickly.

When all seems lost in the war of light...

The whisper, no, the voice, gives it's creed with unmistakable clarity. Memories of a lifetime flood out, but they seem to be... empty, somehow.

Look to the stars...

There is most definitely more than one voice now, but one in particular stands out.

Hope shines bright!
Hope shines bright!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rae's voice sounds, the missing part of the memories flood from the spark. Emotion. All of the feelings Rae had ever experienced, all washing out at the same time, alligning with their memories. Consciousness.

In Mr. Cat's void, the tears will close, and Rae's eyes will open, once more their natural green. He smiles.

I'm back.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 12:28 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Rae is caught by the battle bear, and opens his eyes at the same time as the other Rae.

I have no idea what just happened, but I feel... different.

He gets off of the bear and sends it back to where it belongs, before heading toward the center of the island, whistling.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 12:34 PM
Magic Kingdom

Emily gets a Thinkagram of a cute doll, addressing her as a Dollamancer and inviting her to the Spookism Octor. A tchotchke rings a bell from the direction of the green sector.

((I am going to be sleeping a lot today, so you guys might want to gather in one of the open areas and share info IC since that doesn't require my active GMing. Lix, feel free to share whatever IC knowledge Emily has of the Erf universe. Any discrepancies can be handwaved away as this Erf being an alternate universe of the one(s) she's familiar with, but that operates on roughly the same rules.))
Emily gives a victorious cry.
"I *KNEW* IT!" she crows. She heads for the Spookism octor, wishing she'd actually spent some time in this reality.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-18, 01:01 PM

Cessie takes the book with her as she makes her way outside, hearing Rea's screams of help. /Rae? Are you okay?/ She asks, worried.

Then Nath enters the village holding a book, "Nath? I think we need to search for Rae, he screamed, might be in trouble." She tells him.

Gullara
2010-11-18, 01:06 PM
[Void]

Nite eye flares, literally a flare of magic, "I will release you, but we are settling this now." Nite releases the cage around Mr. Cat and reinforces the one around Rae. "You're back?" He doesn't remove the cage.

Murska
2010-11-18, 01:08 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

"Oh? Let's go then. I found a book on the basics of this place's magic theory, which should help us get to the other areas if necessary."

happyturtle
2010-11-18, 01:15 PM
Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom

Yes, one settlement per Octor.

Nath finds a tattered and waterstained book in one of the huts titled "Magic Theory for the Newly Popped". If he flips through it, he gets IC versions of the information on this page (http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Magic), as well as the pages for each of the Elements, Axes, Classes, and Disciplines. (Basically, the links in the magic table)

Does Emily try a different type of magic?

A Battle Bear crosses the border to try to catch Rae before he hits the ground.

Cessie finds towards the end of the log of events a record of the war against the Magic Kingdom, by the Glorious Titanic Mandate Coalition. Apparently a new religion had risen up which held that magic was a perversion of the Titan's plan. At first the Coalition tried to merely blockade all casters in the Magic Kingdom, but the casters fought, every turn, trying to make the blockade too expensive to maintain.

The ArkenApron, attuned to Master-class Dollamancer Mary Price made them feel confident in success, because she could create many powerful dolls, golems, and action figures that required no upkeep. But they learned too late (for their Predictamancers had been croaked early in the war by an assassin) that a member of the Coalition held the Arkenboots.

"And one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you."

"Ooh. Nice." Nath flips through the book. "I'd better bring this to someone who can make sense of it."

Nath heads to the Red area to find Cessie, attempting to avoid any mundane notice by any creatures. If they get a magical warning for someone nearby or entering the zone, then there's nothing he can do about that, but he knows how to stay unseen by eyes, thermal sensors, ultrasonic, nightvis or any other mundane means.

Of course, he doesn't have the equipment to fool thermal or US with him. :smalltongue:

Magic Kingdom

"I... ooooh." she simmers with anger, resisting the urge to set him on fire, and turning back to head towards the centre. When there, she will create a cloth golem!

Magic Kingdom

The red octor is now officially open to all, since the Foolamancy veil has been lifted.

Center circle - open to all
1. Eyemancy red - now open to all
2. ?? blue
3. ?? yellow
4. ?? purple
5. Naughtymancy teal - open to Emily, Zefir, and Nath
6. ?? gray
7. Spookism green - open to Emily
8. Stuffamancy brown - open to Rae

Magic Kingdom
Zefir will go back to the center of the area and wait for the other.

[Magic Kingdom]

Rae is caught by the battle bear, and opens his eyes at the same time as the other Rae.

I have no idea what just happened, but I feel... different.

He gets off of the bear and sends it back to where it belongs, before heading toward the center of the island, whistling.

Emily gives a victorious cry.
"I *KNEW* IT!" she crows. She heads for the Spookism octor, wishing she'd actually spent some time in this reality.

Cessie takes the book with her as she makes her way outside, hearing Rea's screams of help. /Rae? Are you okay?/ She asks, worried.

Then Nath enters the village holding a book, "Nath? I think we need to search for Rae, he screamed, might be in trouble." She tells him.

[Magic Kingdom]

"Oh? Let's go then. I found a book on the basics of this place's magic theory, which should help us get to the other areas if necessary."

Cessie and Nath head out to see Rae climbing down from the Battle Bear. The three of them head for the center together. Where Zefir is waiting, and Emily, with her own newly made cloth golem are headed for the gate into Green Land.

Quick! Stop her! And you'll all be one party again, however briefly! :smallbiggrin:

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 01:20 PM
[Void]

Yes, the real me. I finally know what it feels like to die, but when I do, it will not be here. Please, release me.

He says, taking a strip of denim from his jacket and tying his hair back.

[Magic Kingdom]

/Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine now. At the center of the island, if you're looking./

Rae looks around and spots Emily. He walks toward her, waving.

Hey! Emily!

Gullara
2010-11-18, 01:24 PM
[Void]

"Very well," Nite replies. He removes his cage and attempts to destroy Mr. Cat's sphere around Rae.

If successful, "Don't make me regret this."

He slowly calms, taking deep breaths. His hands regenerate quite quickly because of the ring and his vampire regeneration.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 01:35 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

/Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine now. At the center of the island, if you're looking./

Rae looks around and spots Emily. He walks toward her, waving.

Hey! Emily!
Emily blinks, and turns around. "Rae? Oh. Hi! I worked it ooout!"

Murska
2010-11-18, 01:36 PM
"There he is. Seems okay to me." Nath hands the book over to Cessie so she can look it over. "But what've you found?"

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 01:37 PM
[Void]

Yeah, the only one who is going to regret this is probably going to be me.

Rae says, looking at his own hands, his right still missing most of its fingers.

This is going to be a pain to fix.

[Magic Kingdom]

You mean how different kinds of magic get you into different areas? I worked that one out too, just haven't got to try it yet.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 01:44 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

You mean how different kinds of magic get you into different areas? I worked that one out too, just haven't got to try it yet.
"...oh..." she said, crestfallen.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 01:49 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Stupid Rae, couldn't you have let her have her moment? Better say something to cheer her up.

But you did get through with testing it out first, so that puts you ahead of me.

Rae smiles at her.

So, anything interesting happen in the teal?

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 01:49 PM
Mr. Cat, shaking off the deadtime, shoots a glare at Rae. Get out of the way. Now. Or you will be eaten.

Shadowcaller
2010-11-18, 01:50 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Cessie seems glad that the 'group' if they can even be called that, is together once again. "I'm glad your okay Rae." She says as she see him, not knowing the name of Emily yet, but she seemed to want to be left alone so Cessie decides to leave her that way for now. "So what did you found out about the place?" She asks the group before Nath approaches her.

"I found out some of the history of this place..." Cessie makes a quick summary of what had happened within the kingdom. "...so thats why the place is nearly empty now." She finishes, now looking at the book Nath gave her, deciding to study it.

happyturtle
2010-11-18, 01:53 PM
Magic Kingdom

Nath's book also has the color chart:

1. Eyemancy red
2. Hippiemancy blue
3. Stagemancy yellow
4. Clevermancy purple
5. Naughtymancy teal
6. Hocus Pocus gray
7. Spookism green
8. Stuffamancy brown

(used random.org to change it up so readers of the Erf wiki could still be surprised. ^^)

And now i'm going to try sleep again. Have fun!

Murska
2010-11-18, 02:01 PM
"Oh, about the magic thing. It just goes with anything that even looks like magic, so it isn't particularly intelligent. That's why I used my gun to be able to follow you into the teal zone."

"However, it probably has to be done at the center or otherwise needs to be flashy enough. I wasn't invited to the red zone by using binoculars, for instance."

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 02:02 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Stupid Rae, couldn't you have let her have her moment? Better say something to cheer her up.

But you did get through with testing it out first, so that puts you ahead of me.

Rae smiles at her.

So, anything interesting happen in the teal?
"I guess... I found shinies!"

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 02:10 PM
[Void]

Out of the way of what?

Rae asks Mr. Cat, tilting his head.

[Magic Kingdom]

Shinies? What kind of shinies?

Rae asks excitedly.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 02:18 PM
Magic Kingdom

"This kind!" she says excitedly, summoning her shinies from the air.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 02:38 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Those are indeed shiny shinies. Shinier than any shinies I've seen for a long time. I think. Memory's a little foggy.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 02:41 PM
Of the void you idiot! I can't survive keeping it closed for much longer!

Shadowcaller
2010-11-18, 02:46 PM
[Magic Kingdoms]

"Shinies...?" Cessie says skeptically, the use of words not really her own, the phrase 'shiny shines' leaves her a bit... stunned though. "Um, anyway, I suppose we should head to the Stuffamancy section, who comes up with these names anyway? And what in the world is 'naughtymancy'?" She shakes her head, thinking it's all a bit stupid.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 02:54 PM
[Void]

How am I supposed to get out? Teleporting doesn't work here, remember?

[Magic Kingdom]

I've already been through there. The only things I found were crops and ruins.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 02:57 PM
JUST SHUT UP. Mr. Cat says, and releases the void. Instantly all the derbis clogging the core is ripped to shreds again and again until nohing is left, leaving a massive blank spot in the center once more. Rae should be just far enough away that he can still feel it's pull, unless he's moved a significant distance while talking. Much, much better.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-18, 03:10 PM
[Magic Kingdom]

Those are indeed shiny shinies. Shinier than any shinies I've seen for a long time. I think. Memory's a little foggy.
"We could go for dollamancy." offers Emily. "I think I'm allowered in there."

She hides the shines again before anyone gets any ideas.

Gullara
2010-11-18, 03:11 PM
[Void]

"Now that that matter is settled I suggest we leave this place and return the LANTERN." Nite says, looking disgruntled.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-18, 03:13 PM
[Void]

Ooh, sorry, don't like shutting up. Can I go now?

Rae asks, just a little annoyed.

[Magic Kingdom]

Dollamancy? Sounds alright to me. Let's see if I can get an invitation too.

Rae says, waving his hand as a small black dog made of deni appears scampering around.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-18, 03:13 PM
You may go, I need to talk to this fool. Mr. Cat says, pointing at Rae, and a portal appears next to Nite.