PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make the tarrasque your minion?

randomhero00
2010-11-15, 02:51 PM
Would dominate monster work? Turning it undead maybe? Is there anyway to do this? I know its "supposed" to be unkillable. But I didn't notice anything that would eventally make it fail a will save.

Eldariel
2010-11-15, 02:54 PM
Would dominate monster work? Turning it undead maybe? Is there anyway to do this? I know its "supposed" to be unkillable. But I didn't notice anything that would eventally make it fail a will save.

Dominate Monster works fine. You could also Magic Jar it. As a bonus, that works even on the PF version that's immune to Mind-Affecting (though otherwise really lame). There's always Simulacrum too. In short, there are ways.

randomhero00
2010-11-15, 03:02 PM
Oh man, *evil laugh*

Has anyone ever done this? Did their Dm throw books?

Eldariel
2010-11-15, 03:32 PM
Haven't done it in an actual game; for minions, I prefer more useful things (Angels, Fiends, Ethergaunts, that sorts of things - mostly stuff that excels at spellcasting and does things I don't want to waste XP on for free). It is a great body far as being hard-to-kill goes though. True Mind Switch is the easiest way to go for that, though there are tricks with Magic Jar too to make it permanent.