PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Learning Cleric Spells

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-15, 03:28 PM
Is there a way for a Wizard to learn and cast a divine spell, specifically Divine Favor, preferably before level 5 or 6? I need to know for a prestige class.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-11-15, 03:29 PM
Is there a way for a Wizard to learn and cast a divine spell, specifically Divine Favor, preferably before level 5 or 6? I need to know for a prestige class.

When you say learn and cast, do you mean learn and cast as a divine or arcane spell?

Jarian
2010-11-15, 03:30 PM
It depends on your DM's interpretation of two feats.

Southern Magician (Some Faerun book, I forget exactly) allows you to cast arcane spells as divine spells a number of times per day. Extra Spell (Complete Arcane) allows you to learn a single off-list spell up to one level lower than your current highest. It is, by its very nature, not list-specific. However, a lot of people have problems with the idea of spellcasters learning off-list spells, so ymmv.

Edit: Southern Magician is only necessary if you need it to count as a divine spell.

Alternate Source Spell does the same thing, sorta, but it's Dragon material, so even less likely to be looked on favorably.

Beelzebub1111
2010-11-15, 03:34 PM
When you say learn and cast, do you mean learn and cast as a divine or arcane spell?
The requirement is "Spells: Able to cast divine favor." with that exact wording and inflection.

Extra spell might work, but I MIGHT need to take a flaw or two...Let me think...No, no flaws necessary.

Huh...I'll end up loosing...three caster levels, and can only take 7 levels of the prestige class I'm thinking of. I'll miss out on the capstone, but overall, not bad.

Frosty
2010-11-15, 03:37 PM
Is Divine Favor a spell in some Domain? If so, take Arcane Disciple.

Duke of URL
2010-11-15, 03:37 PM
Arcane Disciple lets wizards (sorcerers, etc.) cast 1 spell/spell level per day from one of their deity's domains using their normal spell slots.

Edit: bloody swordsages.

nedz
2010-11-15, 03:38 PM
Take a level of Cleric ?

Ed: Divine Favor is in these domains:
Mysticism (CDiv p140)
Nobility (CWar p115)