PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Shapechange/Polymorph Question

Tabaz
2010-11-15, 04:40 PM
Hello there!

I have a quick and (I'm hoping) simple question. I was wondering if anybody out there is able to tell me how it might be possible to retain my physical ability scores while under the effects of a shapechange or polymorph spell. I'd like to avoid cheese and munchkining, as it will need to meet with my DM's approval. Beyond that, the only limitation is that whatever means I use must apply to shapechange and polymorph.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Cogidubnus
2010-11-15, 04:43 PM
Hello there!

I have a quick and (I'm hoping) simple question. I was wondering if anybody out there is able to tell me how it might be possible to retain my physical ability scores while under the effects of a shapechange or polymorph spell. I'd like to avoid cheese and munchkining, as it will need to meet with my DM's approval. Beyond that, the only limitation is that whatever means I use must apply to shapechange and polymorph.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Are you trying to keep your physical ability scores to avoid cheese?

Cos if you want to keep them cos you want good ones, just Time Stop, buff yourself and Shapechange into a gold dragon with 25HD and eat everyone. But this is why Polymorph's broken.

Urpriest
2010-11-15, 04:46 PM
There isn't one, though there are similar effects (Bear Warrior, Primeval), just not with the polymorph spell itself. Why, may I ask, are you interested in this? If you just want to look like something else, why not just use Alter Self?

Tabaz
2010-11-15, 04:50 PM
I'm going to be playing a Master Transmogrifist, and some of my favored forms I'm picking for what utility they offer me. Unfortunately, some of them have lower physical stats than my character does, so it would be nice to have the option to retain my own in those cases.

OMG PONIES
2010-11-15, 05:39 PM
I'd like to avoid cheese and munchkining...

...some of them have lower physical stats than my character does, so it would be nice to have the option to retain my own in those cases.

That's supposed to be one of the things that "balances" out the shapechanging spells.