PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder]Homebrew Oracle Mysteries[PEACH]

AustontheGreat1
2010-11-16, 02:28 PM
Darkness

Deities:

Class Skills: An oracle with the Darkness mystery adds Bluff, Perception, Slight of Hand, and Stealth to her list of class skills.

Bonus Spells: Chill Touch (2nd), Darkness (4th), Deeper Darkness (6th), Shadow Conjuration (8th), Shadow Evocation (10th), Shadow Walk (12th), Shadow Conjuration, Greater (14th), Shadow Evocation, Greater (16th), Shades (18th).

Revelations
An oracle with the Darkness mystery can choose from any of the following revelations.

Creeping Darkness (Su): Upon choosing this revelation, you gain a melee touch attack. With a successful attack, you leave a tiny pool of darkness on your victim. The darkness pours up the victim into the targets eyes like ink. The target must make a successful fortitude save (DC = 10 + ˝ the Oracle’s Class Level + the Oracle’s Charisma modifier), if the target fails he is blinded for a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier. The Oracle may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Shadow Stride (Su): You gain the ability to travel between shadows as if by means of a dimension door spell. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end in an area with at least some dim light. You can jump up to a total of 40 feet each day in this way; this may be a single jump of 40 feet or four jumps of 10 feet each. Every four levels higher than 4th, the distance a you can jump each day doubles (80 feet at 8th, 160 feet at 12th, and 320 feet at 16th, 640 feet at 20th). This amount can be split among many jumps, but each one, no matter how small, counts as a 10-foot increment.

Beckon the Shadows (Su): You may summon shadows to do your bidding. As a full round action, you may summon a shadow. This shadow follows your mental directions and attacks your enemies to the best of its abilities. The shadow persists for a number of rounds equal to your oracle level. You must be at least 3rd level to select this revelation At seventh level, you may use this ability to summon 1d3+1 shadows. At 15th level, you may instead summon Greater Shadows using this ability.

Shroud of Concealment (Su): You may pull a blanket of darkness from the Plane of Shadow to conceal you. You may activate this ability as a move action. Upon activation, you gain against any ranged or melee attack that targets you equal to 2.5 times your oracle level (rounded up.) This miss chance lasts for one round for every oracle level you possess. This ability may be used a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Black Hole (Su): You may open a small portal to the Plane of Shadow allowing you to store objects in safely.. The portal functions in many ways like a Bag of Holding I though there is no visible portal and only you can access the items stored there. At fifth level, the type of bag this ability mimic changes to type II, then to type III at 10th level, and type IV at 15th level.

Shadow Touch (Su): your touch carries the life draining touch of the shadow. you gain a touch attack that deals 1 strength and 1d6 cold damage. A successful fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 Oracle Level + charisma modifier) negates the strength damage and halves the cold damage. At 3rd level and every 4 levels there after the cold damage the dealt by this attack increases by 1d6. At 7th level and every 6 level thereafter the strength damage dealt by this attack increases by 1. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your charisma modifier.

One with Darkness (Ex): During any conditions other than bright light, you can disappear into the shadows as a move-equivalent action, effectively becoming invisible. Artificial illumination or light spells of 2nd level or lower do not negate this ability.

Fear of the Dark (Ex): You can remind people of the mysterious terror that waits in the darkness. As a full-round action, you may create an aura of dread and darkness in a 30ft. radius around you. Lights begins to mysteriously dim and flicker and shadows seem to dart and move inexplicably out the corner of your eye and not directly observed. Creatures in this aura must make a will save (DC = 10 + 1/2 Oracle Level + charisma modifier) or become shaken. At 10th level creatures that fail this save are by more that 5 are frightened. At 17th level creatures that fail this save by more than 10 become panicked.

Eyes of Night (Ex): You gain the ability to see in non-magical darkness out to 60ft. At 7th level you may see 90ft. in non-magical and 30ft. in magical darkness. At 15th level, you may see 60ft. in magical darkness.

Final Revelation
Upon reaching 20th level, you become a being of living shadow. As a full-round action you may take the form of a shadow. In this form, you and all your gear gain the incorporeal subtype and all the benefits and penalties associated with the type. In this form, you gain a melee touch attack which inflicts one negative level on a successful strike. However your new form is subject to the harmful effects light has on creatures of shadow. You gain Light Sensitivity and therefore are dazzled in areas of bright light. If you are subject to damage from effects that deal positive energy damage; such as a cure spell or a good cleric’s Channel Energy class ability. Whenever you take damage from an attack that deal positive energy damage you must make a fortitude save (DC = Damage Dealt) or be force back into your corporeal form.

Okay, I was looking over the Oracles list of available mysteries and didn't see one for darkness. Please PEACH what I have so far and then give me suggestions for more revelations; I need at least 7 more and I'm pretty sure all the once that I have are way overpowered.

In addition I'm also thinking about doing one for light; and since this post is here I'd love to see any Mysteries that anyone else has made.

P.S. I know this is pretty unoriginal but whatever.

ajkkjjk52
2010-11-16, 06:32 PM
I like it. I'm a big fan of the Oracle and like the flavor of a Shadow oracle.

I don't think the revelations you've made are overpowered IF you give them level requirements. Beckon Shadows, in particular, should be limited to level 11 or above, or something.

BelGareth
2010-11-17, 01:31 PM
I like what you have, and I agree some level requirements would be needed for some.

Some things I thought of:
Transport via shadows(teleport or shadow walk) an improvement from shadow stride
AC boost or miss chance due to protective shadow
Negative energy resistance
Imbue weapons with negative energy.