PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Cha based Psionics?

Person_Man
2010-11-16, 02:37 PM
Quick question. Other then the Wilder, is there any other Charisma based psionic class or prestige class?

Psyren
2010-11-16, 02:48 PM
In first-party? No.

Third-party has the Thoughtsinger (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/thoughtsinger). Also, any character with Hidden Talent or PLAs uses Cha to manifest those abilities.

mangosta71
2010-11-16, 02:53 PM
It seems to me that a psion focusing on telepathy should be able to use Cha as his manifesting stat instead of Int. It's not RAW, but it makes sense given that the class skills for telepaths are all Cha-based and that many of the discipline's powers are centered on interaction.

Urpriest
2010-11-16, 02:55 PM
It seems to me that a psion focusing on telepathy should be able to use Cha as his manifesting stat instead of Int. It's not RAW, but it makes sense given that the class skills for telepaths are all Cha-based and that many of the discipline's powers are centered on interaction.

If you're overly flexible about 3.0 and 3.5, you could use the 3.0 Telepath, which has Cha primary IIRC. You probably shouldn't though.

Psyren
2010-11-16, 02:55 PM

You could make that argument for a Beguiler too though. :smalltongue:

Besides, someone who's already very social and personable and duplicitous doesn't need to go around charming people.

Lapak
2010-11-16, 03:15 PM
Quick question. Other then the Wilder, is there any other Charisma based psionic class or prestige class?Well, I'd call Thrallherd CHA-based, no?

Psyren
2010-11-16, 04:37 PM
Well, I'd call Thrallherd CHA-based, no?

Especially with Wilder entry...

BeholderSlayer
2010-11-16, 06:02 PM
While not a class, Phrenic creatures use charisma for their psi-like abilities.

Psyren
2010-11-16, 07:41 PM
While not a class, Phrenic creatures use charisma for their psi-like abilities.

I covered PLAs :smalltongue:
Can't think of anything else. Maybe Psionic Artificers with their UPD checks.

AstralFire
2010-11-16, 09:50 PM
I think it'd be entirely reasonable for this to be a case of Geomancer, though. Even though not RAW.