PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Dragon Star
2010-11-16, 03:54 PM
So I was thinking that the name of a comic should be displayed when viewing it in the archive. Maybe where the top controls are now. The title is often very funny, and it's impossible to appreciate them without seeing the comics they are tied to.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-16, 07:19 PM
So I was thinking that the name of a comic should be displayed when viewing it in the archive.

It already is! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots.html) :smalltongue:

More seriously, I think I've seen this brought up, though I can't remember what the official response was at the time. Probably "there are more important things to do at the time".

The Giant
2010-11-20, 07:10 AM
Actually, the answer is, "I prefer the title NOT to be shown".

The titles are, if anything, "bonus" jokes. If you are following the comic as it comes out, you will see it displayed in the sidebar for an extra laugh. If you're reading the archive, you can open a separate page for the archive list and follow along with them. And if you're not willing to do either of those things, well, then you don't get the bonus joke. Oh well. It's not the end of the world.

And since this topic has been discussed dozens of times, I'll lock it now before it wanders elsewhere.