PDA

View Full Version : Apples to Apples?

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 04:41 PM
Alright, there has been discussion in the you! thread about the fantastic party game Apples to Apples, and I happen to know a website where you can play said game online, and I am thinking of starting a thread to organize games of apples to apples on the forums, but I'm not sure which forum to post it in, SMBG, structured games, friendly banter, or even gaming (other). SMBG or structured games seems most likely, but since the play will be off-site, I'm not sure. Could I get some clarification on this?

Rawhide
2010-11-16, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure what the game is, but if you're recruiting players for a game, it would probably go in finding players. Even finding people for an online chess tournament would go here.

Siosilvar
2010-11-16, 05:15 PM
Uncertain if you want an explanation, Rawhide, but the game pretty much goes like this:

One person per round is the "judge", which rotates around the table. The judge draws a green apple card (an adjective), and the other players all secretly put in a red apple card (noun). The card the judge decides should win (personal preference, funniness, or actual applicability) earns that card's player the green card.

The game continues (rotating judges, redrawing cards) until a player has a certain number of green cards.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-16, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure what the game is, but if you're recruiting players for a game, it would probably go in finding players. Even finding people for an online chess tournament would go here.

It's not really that sort of game. It's more of a spontaneous thing where someone can create a room and invite people to come play. I was just thinking a sort of general thread where people can say when they start a room and give the link to anyone interested, not just centered around one certain game or game tournament, as the case may be.

Keld Denar
2010-11-16, 06:03 PM
People used to recruit for off-site scrabble in the "random banter" thread. Dunno how legit it actually was, but there is precident...

Mercenary Pen
2010-11-16, 06:15 PM
It's not really that sort of game. It's more of a spontaneous thing where someone can create a room and invite people to come play. I was just thinking a sort of general thread where people can say when they start a room and give the link to anyone interested, not just centered around one certain game or game tournament, as the case may be.

We have a similar ongoing thread for game arrangement in the out of character section for the Yugioh ITP group, so finding players would probably still be the place for the initial thread (though it might then move to a general game arrangement thread in the out of character child forum of finding players).

Rawhide
2010-11-16, 06:45 PM
Like I said, recruiting players for an off-site game (such as chess, scrabble, backgammon, kick-the-can, etc.), would generally go in finding players.

Rockphed
2010-11-16, 10:05 PM
Out of curiosity, would a thread on the game itself in Other Games with cross linkage be appropriate?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-16, 10:10 PM
I'd be interested. Give me a holler (message) if you get it going.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-11-16, 10:21 PM

This for me, too. I love the game, but I don't ever go looking in that direction of the boards.

Temotei
2010-11-16, 10:49 PM

This for me, too. I love the game, but I don't ever go looking in that direction of the boards.

Same. I love that game. :smallcool:

Rawhide
2010-11-16, 11:39 PM
If you're discussing the game, how to play, what happened while you were playing, strategies and so on, then it would go in gaming (other). The occasional "I have a game up" would then be fine in the thread too.