PDA

View Full Version : The Catgirl.

Irbis
2010-11-16, 07:41 PM
So, in the main thread, we had three proposals: Shifter, Catfolk, Weretigress.

What other races might also fit the bill? What about her class, based on present visual evidence or assumption they mirror OotS classes as well as Nale did?

And most importantly, does anyone think she is a real leader of the whole party, a sort of power behind the power behind the throne? :P

Nimrod's Son
2010-11-16, 08:39 PM
My money's on Furry.

krossbow
2010-11-17, 12:51 AM
Sabine in catgirl form.

DUN-DUN-DUN!

KingFlameHawk
2010-11-17, 01:53 AM
Not sure about race but I would think she is most likely a Rogue type as she seems to me to be the most like Haley for some reason.

Ganurath
2010-11-17, 01:59 AM
My money says catfolk. The Giant has been slowly spreading out of the Core material, weres are contagious, and shifters are setting-specific to Eberron.

Flarp
2010-11-17, 02:07 AM
Shifter is out the window for being setting-specific in 3.5.

Weretiger is possible, though she doesn't seem very... ferocious. I forget, but what alignments to weretigers have in 3.5?

My money is on Catfolk.

KoboldRevenge
2010-11-17, 02:15 AM
It is Eartha Kit! It's a CATastrophy!

Coidzor
2010-11-17, 03:04 AM
Weretiger is possible, though she doesn't seem very... ferocious. I forget, but what alignments to weretigers have in 3.5?

Neutral (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm#weretiger).

I think of bigger concern is if we're going to see her killed and if it'll be physics what killed the beast...

Souhiro
2010-11-17, 03:10 AM
My bet on druid.

She's on wild shape.

St Fan
2010-11-17, 04:39 AM
Ya know, if we scrap a bit the bottom of older editions, there's plenty more possiblities.

Tabaxi... mostly jaguar- or leopard-folks, but I think at least on monster manual mentionned tiger-folks too.

Or, even older... cat hengeyokai (in hybrid form) from the Oriental Adventure.

Why, yes, First Edition DID exist.

Manga Shoggoth
2010-11-17, 06:40 AM

Of course it did. Ian Starshine was a 1ed Thief.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-17, 09:31 AM
My money says catfolk. The Giant has been slowly spreading out of the Core material, weres are contagious, and shifters are setting-specific to Eberron.

Shifter is out the window for being setting-specific in 3.5.

My money is on Catfolk.

Wrong, as per the MM III of 3.5 both changeling, shifters and warforged have lost their status as setting specific, and if we count 4e, shifters became a core race in the Player's Handbook 2.

Though yeah I am guessing shifter is the best option.

Sholos
2010-11-17, 01:04 PM
Not sure about race but I would think she is most likely a Rouge type as she seems to me to be the most like Haley for some reason.

I'm not convinced that Haley uses all that much makeup, actually. It's inconvenient for an adventurer, unless it's camouflage.

Scarlet Knight
2010-11-17, 01:35 PM
Except for a little Aton.

How 'bout Rakshasas? Can't see her palms...

Mando Knight
2010-11-17, 02:51 PM
I'm not convinced that Haley uses all that much makeup, actually. It's inconvenient for an adventurer, unless it's camouflage.

The catgirl almost definitely doesn't wear normal makeup, either... it just doesn't go well with fur.

Irbis
2010-11-17, 05:11 PM
I have looked at art, and now I think shifter is rather bad fit, IMHO:

A) she has cat ears - shifters have more human-like, and placed where humans have them. In oots style, they would have looked like elven ears;

B) no shifter art has them in boots, and their feet are pretty human-like, with talons; catgirl wears boots and without them, she has a 'monstorus' style feet;

C) shifters have dull brown, plain short fur, catgirl seems to have long, striped, and bright;

Rakshasa might be much better fit, but I'm not sure if they can become adventurers, due to various issues with their stats, and she seems to be based on cat, not on tiger.

Another good choice for a race would be Anthropomorphic X, I forgot which splatbook that was, but they made excellent PCs;

TheFallenOne
2010-11-17, 06:14 PM
the catgirl rogue is clearly the lovechild of Hobbes and Susie Derkins

Coidzor
2010-11-17, 06:18 PM
Another good choice for a race would be Anthropomorphic X, I forgot which splatbook that was, but they made excellent PCs;

That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Irbis
2010-11-17, 06:25 PM
That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

? :smallconfused:

Coidzor
2010-11-17, 06:26 PM
? :smallconfused:

Anthropromorphic animals would be more animal than a catgirl, generally speaking.

I don't think Rich is the type of person who would screw with his audience like that.

Irbis
2010-11-17, 06:40 PM
Anthropromorphic animals would be more animal than a catgirl, generally speaking.

I don't think Rich is the type of person who would screw with his audience like that.

Screwing? :smallconfused:

Referring to link I've posted earlier in main thread (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfAnthropomorphism) - she looks like 40 to 75%, which is technically a bit past the catgirl anyway.

Lord Thurlvin
2010-11-17, 06:47 PM
Neutral (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm#weretiger).

I think of bigger concern is if we're going to see her killed and if it'll be physics what killed the beast...

This is now the third time I've seen someone mention catgirls getting killed by science/physics/etc. What is that a reference to?

Gift Jeraff
2010-11-17, 06:53 PM
The fact that she doesn't have a nose like Mr. Scruffy's bugs me for some reason. And reptilian humanoids have visible noses so it's not like all humanoid creatures have invisible noses in OOTS.

Though I guess that might take rakshasa and weretiger out of the picture.

Irbis
2010-11-17, 06:53 PM
This:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/felixthecatsyn/catgirls.gif

I personally find that meme dumb :P

Closet_Skeleton
2010-11-17, 06:54 PM
Or, even older... cat hengeyokai (in hybrid form) from the Oriental Adventure.

Oriental Adventures was updated for 3rd edition you know, hengeyokai intact.

Lord Thurlvin
2010-11-17, 06:56 PM
This:

As do I, now that I know where it comes from.

Lhurgyof
2010-11-17, 07:05 PM
I think the most important question is if she's going to be important in any way. If not, then there may not have been a race in mind for her at all.

Coidzor
2010-11-17, 07:51 PM
This is now the third time I've seen someone mention catgirls getting killed by science/physics/etc. What is that a reference to?

Roleplaying forums, specifically D&D forums, mostly. The places Mr. Burlew was poking around when he got the idea for the name of this website.

Screwing? :smallconfused: Yes, presenting a catgirl and then revealing that's actually an anthropromorphic animal.

Referring to link I've posted earlier in main thread (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfAnthropomorphism) - she looks like 40 to 75%, which is technically a bit past the catgirl anyway.

And I disagree strongly with you. It still falls squarely into catgirl territory, not anthropromorphic animal territory. Usually when that word is used it's referring to when it falls onto the furry side of things.

Irbis
2010-11-17, 08:44 PM
And I disagree strongly with you. It still falls squarely into catgirl territory, not anthropromorphic animal territory. Usually when that word is used it's referring to when it falls onto the furry side of things.

Isn't 'normal' catgirl more like the thing in my avatar, or signature, though? :smallconfused:

Sure, new character in OotS is still pretty catgirly, but almost human, she is not.

Ialdabaoth
2010-11-17, 10:41 PM
Aren't Rakshasa always Lawful Evil?

Lhurgyof
2010-11-17, 10:49 PM
Aren't Rakshasa always Lawful Evil?

Yeah, but Tarquin is evil, I'm pretty sure.

Cerlis
2010-11-18, 07:24 AM
Catfolk is a main DnD and RPG race

Though there exists non core stuff in this world, it is less common. Catfolk is the most common race, every other possibility is possible but the likelyhood is so little it doesnt make any sense

The Lady has fur, Thus she is an anthropomorphic feline huminoid. Ie. Catfolk. catgirl only in the fact that she is feline, and female and huminoid.
The only thing she has in common with a Catgirl is ears and a tail and boobs. (among other aspects of being female).

Shes a catfolk, not a catgirl.

Think Horses. Not Hippocampi

P.S. and to beat anyone to the punch. Dogs, horses and lizardfolk have nostrils because they have muzzles. and Scruffy would look just weird without a nose. people would think he was a catghost or something.

Morph Bark
2010-11-18, 08:15 AM
This:

What anime is that even from?

Yeah, but Tarquin is evil, I'm pretty sure.

All six members of his group probably are either Lawful or Evil. I could see at least one of them being Lawful Neutral. Malack might be that, for instance. The bulk is probably Evil though, just like a large amount of people probably are on that continent due to circumstances.

Athaniar
2010-11-18, 09:10 AM
Here is a catfolk woman from the Miniatures Handbook:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mhbk_gallery/76978_CN.jpg
Almost identical hair and face, but no tail, and the ears are in a different place. Still, I'd say our catgirl is catfolk.

Burner28
2010-11-18, 09:14 AM
All six members of his group probably are either Lawful or Evil. I could see at least one of them being Lawful Neutral. Malack might be that, for instance. The bulk is probably Evil though, just like a large amount of people probably are on that continent due to circumstances.

Hmm.. I kinda doubt Malack isn't Lawful Evil though and unless I see evidence that he shows a qualm against hurting the innocent, I will assume he is Evil

Nevereatcars
2010-11-18, 06:44 PM
10 bucks says Khajiit. Somebody said something about Sabine? Tarquin's Khajiit girl can't be Sabine, as Sabine was fighting for Nale in the flashback where Nale betrayed Tarquin. Also, it just doesn't seem like Burlew would do. Which of course means he WILL do that, just to break his own pattern.

hamishspence
2010-11-18, 06:47 PM
Almost identical hair and face, but no tail, and the ears are in a different place. Still, I'd say our catgirl is catfolk.

the Races of the Wild catfolk pic is a bit lacking in tail as well:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/row_gallery/86632.jpg

Mystic Muse
2010-11-18, 07:43 PM
10 bucks says Khajiit.

umm, Khajiit only exist in the elder scrolls. I think that would also be a copyright violation.