PDA

View Full Version : True20 based classless system (framework needs help)

Pyre_Born
2010-11-17, 02:41 AM
Hey everyone, so right now I'm working on the framework for a classless setup for True20.

For now it's just the role building framework, and I'm looking for advice on how many points a character of roughly Tier 3 should begin play with, the True20 standard is 10 points, but I'm not sure if that would be enough for that Tier level. What do you guys think.

I was going to copy over the info from my wiki, but I'm way too tired to format it for the boards

For right now: Classless Role Building (http://tearsoftheimmortals.wikia.com/wiki/Classes)

I might format for ease later on

Any help is appreciated

Later on if I get some help, I'll start working on making class abilities into feats for the system, and try to get everything needed to play pretty much any dnd class you want. I'm hoping that once this is finished I'll be able to use it to make classes of any genre or tech level through simple plug-n-play.

Peace,
Pyre

DragonOfUndeath
2010-11-17, 04:49 AM
10 points at the start? if you take everything at the highest you can it = 14.25, just bump the ability progression to .5 (1 every 4 levels) and you have max everything except that. if you want Ability progression just knock skills down to 0 and another progression for the .25 and you can max Ability. most characters would be identical with even the slightest amount of optimizing and only Roleplay would distinguish a 1st level Fighter and a 1st level Thief/Sneak

Pyre_Born
2010-11-17, 05:14 AM
10 points at the start? if you take everything at the highest you can it = 14.25, just bump the ability progression to .5 (1 every 4 levels) and you have max everything except that. if you want Ability progression just knock skills down to 0 and another progression for the .25 and you can max Ability. most characters would be identical with even the slightest amount of optimizing and only Roleplay would distinguish a 1st level Fighter and a 1st level Thief/Sneak

First off, thanks for taking the time to check this out!

Secondly, you know I never realized that when I was working on it...exactly the reason I wanted to post here.

How about this:
Attack: Fast-4, Medium-3, Slow-2, Very Slow-1
Defense: Same as attack
Saves: 1 good/2 normal-0 2 medium/1 normal-1 2 good/1 normal-2
Skills: Not sure, depending on how the other changes affect point cost might leave it
Powers: Fast-4, Medium-3, Slow-2, Very Slow-1, None-0
Feats: 1/level-1, 1 every level + 1 every 4 levels-2, 1 every level + 1 every 2 levels-3, 2 every level-4
Abilities: Drop, I'm just gonna make "class" abilities as feats.

(possibly doubling the feat cost up their, since you can buy class abilities now)

With this you'd be 12 over to max out everything, full attack, defense, 2 good saves, 16 skills at max ranks, Full casting(at least as close to full casting as you can get with this), and 2 feats every level, which is either 2 full classes, or two full fighters (I'm going by non-dead level basis), which at double the normal point cost kind of evens out to gestalt.

Would that even out some. And also, I should mention that I'm going to cut down on spells, not sure how yet, but I'm going to try to take out some of the most broken and abusable ones, or find fixes for them, as well as adding maneuvers, soulmelds, etc

*edit* Thinking about removing the spell progressions, and making a power set up much like mutants and masterminds. At first level you would be able to purchase a progression setup of how many points you get each level to put towards powers.

Peace,
Pyre

*Note* I just realized...I have quite a bit of work ahead of me :smalleek:, good thing I like to do this stuff!

I should also note that I'm gonna make this set of starting points as a baseline and set up an optional rule for increasing or decreasing points per campaign level.