PDA

View Full Version : Elan Looks Worried

Charity322
2010-11-17, 05:00 AM
Well I totally didn't see the last panel coming. :smallredface: Anyone else have a complete jawdrop?

In the panel just before that where Tarquin names Tyrinaria as one of the Empire's previous names; Elan looks overly shocked. Did Haley tell him that her father was held captive there? I didn't think that she had.

Nimrod's Son
2010-11-17, 05:01 AM
She did indeed. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0680.html)

Kaytara
2010-11-17, 05:13 AM
Elan's come a long way.

In the pre-Cerebus-Syndrome days, he would have likely gotten a reaction like "Huh. That name sounds familiar for some reason. Ah well, I'm sure I will remember it as soon as it's dramatically appropriate." >D

Secris
2010-11-17, 06:16 AM
Elan's come a long way.

In the pre-Cerebus-Syndrome days, he would have likely gotten a reaction like "Huh. That name sounds familiar for some reason. Ah well, I'm sure I will remember it as soon as it's dramatically appropriate." >D

I would argue that it may have happened in a similar way, it's just that this particular second is most dramatically appropriate so he didn't have time to articulate that thought.

ThePhantasm
2010-11-17, 06:46 AM
I would argue that it may have happened in a similar way, it's just that this particular second is most dramatically appropriate so he didn't have time to articulate that thought.

Actually, this is just the sort of thing that Elan WOULD remember, precisely because it had the potential to be dramatic. So still perfectly in line with his character.

Charity322
2010-11-17, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the link. I totally forgot that bit in the mapmaker's tent.

magic9mushroom
2010-11-17, 07:35 AM
Well I totally didn't see the last panel coming. :smallredface: Anyone else have a complete jawdrop?

Uh-huh.

:eek:

I mean, it was always a possibility, and it had been discussed before on here, but the delivery was shocking.

Simultaneous conversations are good for that, I've noticed.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-17, 09:18 AM
Yeah, she told Elan: she decided to be more open with people she cares about. Not to mention he was there with Haley when they were looking for maps of Tyrinaria.