PDA

View Full Version : the Divine Trickster-cool class, no resources

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-17, 01:04 PM
so i really like this prc, but there is a major lack of writing about it. im wondering what people think about entering it as a ninja/cleric, maybe throw a buiild up here or something.

im thinking cleric 3/ninja 3/divine trickster 10/???? 4.

to those who have offered me advice in the past, thank you, and remember that i can only use up 4 classes, and thats if they make sense character concept-wise. also, only 2 prcs are allowed.

so, what do you think? whats a good prc to round out the build, that also continues divine casting?

here is the link for the class
http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html

it be cool to use this thread as a resource, to gather info for a handbook

Eldariel
2010-11-17, 01:08 PM
I like X 1 (Precision Damage source)/(Cloistered) Cleric 4/Shadowbane Stalker 3/Divine Trickster ->

Gets you solid precision, almost full casting and is overall awesome. Either normal, or Cloistered Cleric works. I'd finish off with two more Cleric-levels though two more Shadowbane Stalker levels would work too (but Cleric gets more skills and casting vs. nothing much from Shadowbane).

So Ninja 1/Cloistered Cleric 4/Shadowbane Stalker 3/Divine Trickster 10/Cloistered Cleric +2. Able Learner would be nice.

Psyren
2010-11-17, 01:13 PM
Is there a specific reason for Ninja besides fluff? Because you can fluff a rogue as a ninja with few problems, and not worry about their awful Sudden Strike...

Ernir
2010-11-17, 01:16 PM
If the number of classes allowed is a limitation, the Sacred Outlaw feat from Dragon 357 may help. Requires turn/rebuke undead and 2d6 Sneak Attack, and stacks your Cleric and Rogue levels for purposes of turning and SA. Something like Rogue 1/Cleric 19 would be viable enough, if you can find something to boost your SA by 1d6.

Greenish
2010-11-17, 01:33 PM
Is there a specific reason for Ninja besides fluff?Wis to AC, I guess.

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-17, 01:42 PM
wis to ac, but also, i really like ghost step, it is flavorful. otherwise yes, i agree the rogue is the better option perhaps.

sacred outlaw feat is pretty sweet, ill list that when i try to make the guide later (after i play one a bit)

the dm has house ruled that non-la aasimar get +2 wis, -2 con, so if i chose that, then i could have 20 wis off the bat

Eldariel
2010-11-17, 01:51 PM
wis to ac, but also, i really like ghost step, it is flavorful. otherwise yes, i agree the rogue is the better option perhaps.

sacred outlaw feat is pretty sweet, ill list that when i try to make the guide later (after i play one a bit)

the dm has house ruled that non-la aasimar get +2 wis, -2 con, so if i chose that, then i could have 20 wis off the bat

If you have Trickery-domain, you'll be able to cast Invisibility.

SylvanPrincess
2010-11-17, 01:52 PM
If you have Trickery-domain, you'll be able to cast Invisibility.

true.....lol

fair enough, ill be the rogue for sure