PDA

View Full Version : So i think i might have a decent gestalt idea (3.5)

gallagher
2010-11-17, 04:05 PM
i am currently playing city of the spider queen. i havent read it, but we are playing it gestalt, which my DM may have given us, im not sure.

last night we played and almost bit the dust. it prompted me to think a little bit on if i had to roll a new character, what i would do. i thought, why not be a cleric//sorc/initiate of the sevenfold veil? i could try to fit in DMM persisting, and throw up veils to buy time for other buffs or an emergency wall.

the only reason i am hesitant to do this is that i would be playing two full casters. i am not sure if that would be stupid because i can still only cast one spell per turn, or so powerful that it wouldnt be fun.

suggestions?

BeholderSlayer
2010-11-17, 04:11 PM
Too MAD. I'd go with something like Wizard/Whatever//Psion type builds.

HunterOfJello
2010-11-17, 04:12 PM
If you're going with Sorcerer then you're going to need to be weary of Arcane Spell Failure. I would therefore suggest going the Cloistered Cleric route and using Light Armor with that one +1 enchantment that reduces the spell failure by 10%.

The character will be a bit MAD, but if you were planning on going the DMM route anyway, then Charisma wouldn't be a dump stat. Focus on casting from both sides and pick awesome spells off of both lists. If you focus on blasting spells on your Sorcerer side, then you'll have all of your spellcasting bases covered quite easily. You'll be a double caster, but will be prepared to cast whatever you need to on the fly.

Play as a Lesser Aasimar and worship a god who focuses on spellcasting like Boccob, Wee Jas or Vecna.

Morbis Meh
2010-11-17, 04:40 PM
I always thought a cleric rogue would be a fun gestalt character, you only like good HD and with buffing you could really do a lot of dmg via sneak attacks combined with staggering blow.

gallagher
2010-11-17, 04:49 PM
If you're going with Sorcerer then you're going to need to be weary of Arcane Spell Failure. I would therefore suggest going the Cloistered Cleric route and using Light Armor with that one +1 enchantment that reduces the spell failure by 10%.

The character will be a bit MAD, but if you were planning on going the DMM route anyway, then Charisma wouldn't be a dump stat. Focus on casting from both sides and pick awesome spells off of both lists. If you focus on blasting spells on your Sorcerer side, then you'll have all of your spellcasting bases covered quite easily. You'll be a double caster, but will be prepared to cast whatever you need to on the fly.

Play as a Lesser Aasimar and worship a god who focuses on spellcasting like Boccob, Wee Jas or Vecna.
be prepared to be jealous: we are getting stats by 5d6 drop 2. that is easy to expect at least 3 good stats, if not four.

WIS=CHA>DEX>CON=INT>STR

heck, right now i am this (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=248445)