PDA

View Full Version : Mindfeeder Weapons

Lev
2010-11-17, 10:31 PM
Just checking, but let's say I was using a colossal mindfeeder war mace with, let's say 28 Strength, which means:
(C) Mindfeeder Warmace
DMG 8D6+13.5
Crit 20 x2

The mindfeeder property would add +1 temporary PP for 10 mins for every dmg I do upon a critical hit.

Which means my damage range, if successful critical would be 43-123 damage output.

So, I gain 43-123PP for 10 mins??

So, If I use Grip of Iron assuming I already had a +26 to grapple and fully augment it..... I would have a +40 to +60 to grapple? That's an epic grapple right there?

Kind of a cute way to get an epic grapple, and I'm sure theres better uses for the PP on a psi war, but is there an errata to stop you from getting more than 100 free PP 5% of the time you hit something?

Keld Denar
2010-11-17, 10:41 PM
You can't spend more PP on a power than you have manifester levels. That restricts you a decent bit at least.

You might be interested in a weapon with slightly smaller base damage and a higher threat range. That'll trigger your Mindfeeder weapon 3x as often.

Lev
2010-11-17, 10:47 PM
Thanks! Knew there had to be some sort of limit.

Tyger
2010-11-17, 10:55 PM
That, and of course, the fact that the Mindfeeder quality (as printed in the SRD) specifies that you can't exceed your normal maximum with the temporary PP you gain from the ability.

On top of that, Mindfeeder was reprinted in the MiC, which supersedes the UA and XPH versions. Good news is its only a +1 now and the maximum noted above doesn't apply, bad news is it only gives you one PP per five points of damage and only lasts for one minute.

Stegyre
2010-11-17, 10:59 PM
On top of that, Mindfeeder was reprinted in the MiC, which supersedes the UA and XPH versions. Good news is its only a +1 now and the maximum noted above doesn't apply, bad news is it only gives you one PP per five points of damage and only lasts for one minute.
I thought it was also revised to be only once per day. :smallconfused:

Otherwise, it really was too good.

EDIT: My error: the MIC version is, indeed, 1:5 for 1 minute, unlimited. The SRD version is 1:1 but only once per day (which is where my recollection was coming from).

Competing, superseding versions. What a surprise. IMO, either one makes a good nerf, although I'm slightly more inclined to the SRD version, as long as players don't start scheduling a daily coup de grace sacrifice with a massive damage weapon like the OP.