PDA

View Full Version : King of the Mountain (Hammerfall Thread II)

Leewei
2010-11-18, 01:49 AM
The sight of the great calcite-embedded hammer fills the dwarven refugees with awe and wonder. They waste no time beginning to fortify their island, adding walls and stonework stairs and a bridge leading back to the cave's entrance.

A handful of adventurous dwarves have explored the area around the great cavern.

Several days down the tunnel leading from the "handle" of the Great Hammer - a collapsed column and natural bridge leading up from the island refuge of the dwarves - leads past a limestone quarry and new tomb for the dead, and into the Underfen, an enormous subterranean swamp, and the home of Shamman Litast, the ravenous Swamp King, as well as large numbers of Dire Bats.

Climbing a half-carved, treacherous stair leads into The Gash, a cave system believed by many to have hematite - and known to have bizarre and hostile creatures.

A more-hazardous climb leads to The Pesthole, a series of caverns filled with bats, vermin, fungus - and nauseating filth.

The chilling waters surrounding the "anvil" island lead past a series of stalagmites, the Orcjaw, and into a large underground lake with unknown hazards. Two foul humanoids crept out of these waters not one day ago, attacking the dwarves huddled on the shores.

It is now the fourth day following the discovery of Nil Abod. Cave fish are becoming harder to catch near shore. Dwarves are taking turns entering the frigid waters to gather food and rest up. There is some concern about scarcity, but most dwarves just think the fish have wised up after the first few days.

Map:
000▓▓.▓▓▓▓▓▓
050▓~~~~|~▓▓
100▓~~~~|~▓▓
150▓~~~~|~~*
200-~~~~~|~▓
250▓▓~~~~|~▓
300▓▓▓~~.|~▓
350▓▓▓~...~▓
400▓▓▓~...~▓
450▓▓▓~...~▓
500▓▓▓~~.~~▓
550▓▓▓~~~~~▓
600▓▓▓~~~^^▓
650▓▓▓~~^~~▓
700▓▓▓▓^~~~▓
750▓▓▓▓▓▓▓~▓

Key:
. 50 x 50 cave floor
~ 50 x 50 cave pool (1d6 subdual cold damage per minute of exposure)
▓ 50 feet of cave wall (There is a 5' stone shelf 30' above the water around most of the room. It breaks near each exit area from the room, excepting the North tunnel. Dwarves have built a bridge near The Gash; otherwise, it takes at least a few Climb (DC15) checks to cross a gap.)
^ Stalagmites ("The Orcjaw"; beyond these, the water seeps over a slow fall and into a narrow ravine.)
* The Pesthole (filth, bugs, fungus)
- The Gash
| "The Handle" -- a natural bridge from the stone shelf around the side of the cave down to the central island.

Usage:This thread is for in-character interactions between all PCs in the King of the Mountain game while they are in Nil Abod, or "Hammerfall". PCs away on missions should instead post in the thread provided. I will also answer general questions about the state of the dwarves and progress of the settlement here.

I've started a new thread here due to clutter on the previous thread. I'm hoping a brief summary of events will be easier for new players to deal with.

Dwarf Count:Hill Dwarves: 58
Deep Dwarves: 20
Mountain Dwarves: 20
Experts: 2 (Brewer, Miner)
Commoners: 88
NPC Cleric, 1st level: 1
NPC Druid, 1st level: 1
NPC Wizard, 1st level: 1

Unclaimed inventory:81 manacles
4 uncured "green parchments"
3 mining picks

Tasks:Exploration: (3 PCs, soon to be 5)
Food gathering: 65
Quarrying Limestone: 8
Stair carving: 20

Neighboring Areas:Limestone Quarry (Future Halls of the Fallen)
The Gash (ore and strange creatures; DC10 climb check needed to reach)
The Pest Hole (vermin, ... food?; 3 DC15 climb checks needed to reach)
Orcjaw / The Deep Shoals (currently being explored; take 2d6 subdual cold damage to reach by swimming)

jinx1016
2010-11-18, 07:41 PM
taking 10 on the three checks

10+5 = 15
10+5 = 15
10+5 = 15

and into the pest hole we go!

Leewei
2010-11-18, 10:07 PM
OOC:Running behind getting your co-DM briefed. I'll have a new thread up and your DM briefed soon.

Edit: zimmerwald1915 started the new thread already, linked here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176470).

Worlok
2010-11-22, 01:57 PM
"Th'nk yer." Gondragor expresses his gratitude for Byllen's aid at the climb. Feeling horribly battered after his fall, he shakily limps down the way to Hammerfall, hoping that his sample of guano, the pupa and the mushroom have survived (OOC: Have they? Should I roll percentage dice or something?). He intends to seek out the wizard to alert him to the guano find. And come to think of it, a cleric as well.

jinx1016
2010-11-22, 02:12 PM
you look pretty hurt, Byllen winces as he notices the wounds from the fall. we should have the cleric look at you. I wanna have a craftsman look at this crystal, maybe the wizard too. we can rest for a few days 'fore we do anything dangerous again.

[ooc: looking for the npc wiz, clr, and expert miner.]

zimmerwald1915
2010-11-22, 06:08 PM
Standing in the middle of Hammerfall, you see two landmarks that might direct you to the dwarves you seek. The first is the head of the Hammer itself. In your absence, smoke has begun to rise from the top, as if from a chimney. The second is the growing staircase to a high-up red cave opening - the Gash.

jinx1016
2010-11-22, 06:22 PM
Byllen begins walking to the head of the hammer.

Worlok
2010-11-22, 06:37 PM
Gondragor nods. He is no stranger to the healing arts, but he wouldn't trust himself to know exactly what the fall had done to him. He follows the way to the hammer's head, looking out for the cleric.

Leewei
2010-11-22, 06:57 PM
zimmerwald1915:There are an NPC cleric and druid available willing to heal injured dwarves on a first come, first serve basis. They're tapped out of level 1 spells currently, but can cast a couple of cure minor wounds spells. Waiting a day will allow them to get healed up.

zimmerwald1915
2010-11-23, 05:19 AM
Byllen and Gondragor approach the hammer. As they approach, they see that the other dwarves have bored a hole into the limestone on the side opposite the handle. Red and yellow lights dance across the ground in front of this opening. As they get closer, they see a rough forge burning in the hammer, the smoke being drawn out a chimney that's been drilled through the whole height of the monumental structure. There is no metal being worked here, only the fire. A dwarf stands perfectly still, staring into the flames. He seems not to have noticed Byllen and Gondragor's approach.

Worlok
2010-11-23, 09:01 AM
Gondragor enjoys the idea of a running smithy in Hammerfall visibly, but with a glance at the dwarf standing in front of the handle he suddenly seems insecure: "Yer reckon wer sh'd ask what th't's ab't?" he asks, looking at Byllen, who strikes him as more apt at diplomatic endeavors than himself.

jinx1016
2010-11-23, 11:40 AM
Byllen walks up and taps the dwarf on the shoulder. Any news?

zimmerwald1915
2010-11-23, 12:03 PM
"Ya mean ta tell me ya don't recognize a shrine when ya see one?" says the dwarf, turning around. "What did the greenskins have ya doin', breakin' rocks with yer head?" His face is flushed from the heat of the fire, but he's smiling, and you can tell his jibes are meant in jest. You see a disc-shaped stone hanging on the dwarf's neck from a bit of twined sinew. The way it's smoothed and flattened, you can tell it came from the shore of the settlement, where the lake washed up on the island.

"We finally got the chimney finished while you were out investigatin', continues the dwarf. "I lit the fires to dedicate the shrine to Moradin and Dumathoin. I've been meditatin' here since. What about you, did you find anythin'?" The dwarf's gaze shifts to Gondragor, who is still outside. "Is there some reason you came to see me?"

jinx1016
2010-11-23, 12:13 PM
the only thing the greenskins tried to break was my spirit, but they never came close, Byllen smiles and points outside, we came here because he was injured in a fall coming back from the hole. also we have news of possible food and fuel soruces.

Byllen brings out the crystal 'hog. oh, and we found this too. any idea what it is?

zimmerwald1915
2010-11-23, 12:49 PM
The dwarf exits the shrine and goes to examine Gondragor. "This looks serious," he says. "You might want to talk to the crew building the steps up to the Gash about building some more to wherever you went." He rolls up his sleeves and places his hands on Gondragor's wound. Light pulses out of his hands and into the wound, which starts to look a little better*. "I'm sorry I can't do more for you," he says. "One of the dwarves working on the staircase was hit by a falling rock earlier today, and needed my help. A day or two of rest and you should be fine, though."

He turns back around and looks at the crystal Byllen's holding up. "I've come across something like that in the Greenskin mines. They had us pick the pieces out and send them back to the fires. Never knew what it did though. Maybe take it around to the folks on the stairs."

That's two castings of Cure Minor Wounds. Gondragor heals 2 HP.

jinx1016
2010-11-23, 12:57 PM
thank you for your help, i will do just that. Byllen heads off to find an expert.

Worlok
2010-11-24, 08:57 AM
Gondragor, still not feeling at his peek, nonetheless takes something of a bow before the cleric: "Th'nk yer. 'll take yer 'dvice t' heart. 't's m'ch better 'lrea'y," he assures the dwarf, even though he still can't help but shake slightly. It takes him until Byllen has turned to go look for an expert before he remembers his findings, composes himself anew and explains hastily: "'p in th' Pesthole, there 'r' both 'shrooms we sh'd be 'ble t' eat 'n' grubs we can most def'n'tly eat. 'nd there's bats, too. Byll'n 'n' me will look in'o th't later, Er reckon." While giving this little briefing, he has pulled out what the fall has left of the pupa and the mushroom. "'f th' Silent Keeper smiles 'pon ers, we sh'd be 'ble t' see Hamm'rfall thr'gh m'ny a win'er t' c'me.''

Leewei
2010-11-26, 06:11 PM
OOC: I'll step in to keep things rolling. I owe zimmerwald1915 a few NPC details.

Questioning the dwarves for an expert on crystals will quickly get you directed to an odd dwarf attending to some ... parchments? It isn't clear where he came across those. Looking up at your approach, he notes the mass of crystals. "Ah, more salts of the stone!" he says. "Been digging through bat feces, have we? That could come in handy some time. Put it over there," he indicates a stretch of cave shore with a weird array of fish bones, small rocks, and other arcane improvised tools. "I'll bet Vules will have a use for it, if we ever get something decent to burn. What's that? Oh, these salts make fires hotter! Give's 'em a pretty lavender color, too, if you're into fire shows and such."

jinx1016
2010-11-27, 06:46 PM
well im sure there is more of it in the hole. tell me, can bat guano be used as a fuel source for the forge?

Leewei
2010-11-27, 09:33 PM
The dwarf shrugs, "Crap burns if ya dry it out. Not sure if it'd be hot enough for a forge, though. Mebbe ask Vules up at the bridge?"

Worlok
2010-11-30, 11:02 AM
By now, Gondragor has begun walking over to the staircase. His original idea had been to seek out the dwarf in charge of the project and ask for someone to look into building a stairway up to the Pesthole. Halfway there, however, he gets another idea: What if the bats up there proved dangerous? What if they didn't, but something more typically dangerous made its lair up there? The less accessible Hammerfall would be when coming from the Pesthole, the better, then. So instead he decides to ask around for someone who would be able to provide him with a rope.

Gather Information check:

[roll0] - Well, crap. What do the rules say about trying again?

Leewei
2010-11-30, 11:18 AM
If anyone here has a rope, they're hiding it very well. Some dwarves will eventually mention a younger dwarf making a chain from manacles. There's a large pile of them still if you want a few for some reason.

Worlok
2010-11-30, 02:29 PM
Considering how chains lend themselves to employment as a climbing aid less easily than ropes, Gondragor does nonetheless seek out the dwarf he has been directed towards. (Should I roll something for finding him?)

Leewei
2010-11-30, 03:18 PM
A number of dwarves shrug. "Kelb? Keld? Keld. Creepy kid. He's off explorin' with the Waterfinder now."

jinx1016
2010-12-04, 06:36 PM
who is the waterfinder?

Leewei
2010-12-04, 09:12 PM
Lubdar - a celebrated deep dwarf. Among other things, he is known to wear his broken shackles and kill with his bare hands. He, Goti and Keld are out exploring beyond the orcjaw (stalagmites sticking out of the water to the South) right now.

Worlok
2010-12-06, 09:11 AM
"...S'nds 'nt'r'stin'." Gondragor murmurs, having heard about the 'creepy kid' and the waterfinder 'killing with his bare hands' and feeling a little uneasy with the prospect of actually meeting them. Letting his pick nod up and down in his hands, he slowly and mumblingly thinks the situation through: "Er'll need a rope t' rel'bly get t' th' Pesthole. B't wer seem t' be short on ropes. Th' b'st alt'n't've's s'm' s'rt o' chain made from m'nacles - wh'se maker 's both a creep o' sorts 'nd 'ff t' th' Orcjaw." Just his luck. Now silent, Gondragor looks up at the huge hammer for a moment, thinking that surely the Keeper must be testing him. Then he goes and joins Byllen again; "Yer 'ny ideas wh't t' do now?"

Leewei
2010-12-06, 09:22 AM
You'd also find that, while the chain was initially forged with magic of some sort, they also improvised one by clamping manacles end to end. The bulk of the manacles are still left over, so you could create something similar.

Worlok
2010-12-06, 10:36 AM
(OOC: What Craft skill would be appropriate? Blacksmithing?)

"Er th'nk wer c'd try 'nd cobble t'g'th'r a chain from those m'nacles. Yer know, fer th' hike 'p t' th' Pesthole," Gondragor adds, giving the idea some serious thought.

Leewei
2010-12-06, 10:42 AM
Blacksmithing would allow you to convert the manacles into standard chain. It requires a heat source and artisan tools to do. The heat source has been a hold-up so far. Suitable fuel has been pretty lacking. Simply clamping the manacles back together (no skill check) will give you something that would allow any climber after the first to succeed on DC-10. The first dwarf up would need to hold it for any followers.

jinx1016
2010-12-06, 11:14 AM
well... byllen looks at gondragor. we can head after them, or wait for them to return. i do not like heading through that water, but nor do i wish to sit idle. what do you think we should do?

Worlok
2010-12-09, 11:45 AM
Gondragor arrives at a conclusion. "Er th'nk wer sh'd go back 'nd look 'nto that batcave. Er'm j'st go'n' t' cl'mp th't chain t'g'th'r, th'n wer can go b'ck 'nto th' Pesthole." And with that, he sets about gathering up manacles and constructing his makeshift climbing aid.

jinx1016
2010-12-09, 05:30 PM
sounds good to me. lead on. byzen moves to follow.

Worlok
2010-12-10, 09:45 AM
(OOC: How long will it take to get that chain together, even without a skill check? And will we still have time to get back to the Pesthole before the bats become active - as in, move out to hunt?)

Leewei
2010-12-10, 10:44 AM
It'll take less than an hour to create the, er, ramshackle climbing chain. The chain is quite heavy, and requires 15 manacles to create.

Worlok
2010-12-10, 10:57 AM
(OOC: Okay. Are the manacles stored somewhere easily accessable or do we have to find them (using Search checks or anything), has Keld since claimed them as property (At this point in Hammerfall's history, legal issues may be a negligible concern, but better safe than sorry, right?) and if none of the above issues apply, should we assume it has been done 'off-screen' and move on directly into the Pesthole? This last question going out to both of you, that is?)

Leewei
2010-12-10, 11:49 AM
Keld grabbed several of them. The remainder are easy to get your hands on. Most dwarves have no use for them now.

peterpaulrubens
2011-01-03, 11:38 PM
I am tired of being hungry. I HATE being hungry. I HATE IT!

Jag blinked, as if suddenly woken from a long dream. A long, terrible, awful dream, the kind that haunts you when you wake.

There are no greenskins any more. They will not beat me for finding food any more. They will not beat me for grubbing worms from the earth, or eating lichen, or sneaking food from their stores.

There are no greenskins any more, and I am free. I am free to HATE being hungry, and to HATE the greenskins!

He blinked again, and realized just how long it had been since he'd thought about himself. Since he had thought at all....

He blinked yet again, and looked at his refugees around Hammerfall. They are just like me: tired, hungry, and free. My BROTHERS. Not greenskins. Not dwarves who were dead-at-the-hands-of-the-greenskins-and-just-didn't-know-it-yet, but dwarves like him. Tired, hungry, free.

And for the first time since he was first captured by the greenskins, he set out to talk to the dwarves around him.

Werewhale
2011-01-04, 03:34 PM
Dal Ironvictor

He hadn't really been thinking about it. His body had just been going through the motions, muscles remembering movement from such a long time ago. He had felt content, his pains and worries forgotten in each blow he struck. His arm was sore after the strenous activity, activity that ages before had not strained him at all. His palm was cut as rock after rock had broken on the cold iron of his work, but he persevered. He knew this. The picks the goblins had given them were not dwarven steel, but cheap iron. It was hard, but it would not give and bend like true steel. Eventually, the iron would succumb to the twin forces of indomitable stone and dwarven stubbornness.

Finally, with a loud ping!, one end of the pick's head snapped off. Dal took it in his right hand, his blood seeping into the wooden handle, marking the weapon as his own. He didn't need to swing it around, he could feel the difference already. He was wielding a weapon at last. Memories came flooding back, and the training from before the goblins came. He almost wept as emotions, so long suppressed, awakened anew. He fell to his knees and prayed to Moradin, whom he had once served as a holy warrior. His spirit had been broken just as he broke the pick, but now he was given a second chance, an opportunity to lead these dwarves to salvation.

Presently, he stands up from his prayer and proclaims loudly "I am Dal Ironvictor, and I am a holy warrior of Moradin! We cannot linger here forever! We need to strike out and explore our surroundings. Who's with me?"

peterpaulrubens
2011-01-04, 06:23 PM
Jag

"Ayup, Dal, I'm witcha! Name's Jag."

--Lime--
2011-01-13, 12:29 AM
For a long time, it had been coming. Nothing pointed to it; there were no signposts - but hindsight is perfect and in its light, Balthazar saw what he had always known but never realised - he was home.

Under the Goblins, it had been only work. Gone was the joy of being at one with the stone, at one with nature - indeed, at one with his wife. Those days were over; he saw that now. But at the same time, it was clear that no all of his days were yet passed into nothingness. No, there was still time for him to effect a change.

In the old days, he hadn't worked much on the rockface. Instead, he'd been a locksmith, and general handyman. It was easy to lose a key in the caves, and Balthazar had enjoyed a respectably low position helping the forgetful ones out.

But now, this... this passion - this drive! It was almost narcotic. All the old days came flooding back to him, and he relished them. Sanctuary though it was, Hammerfall was not the utopia he once had lived in, and the burning desire to push out of it overwhelmed him.

Walking to a group of dwarves, he immersed himself in their conversation.

"I'm Balthazar," he began, "And if you're heading out of here, I want to go with you."

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-13, 01:05 AM
A fairly bedraggled dwarf (though which dwarfs aren't now) comes up to the group. "I must apologize for my brother cleric's rudeness to you. There has been much need of healing, both magical and spiritual, as of late. I am Balrin, formerly of the Deepholm clan, though if it still exists I do not know. But I am probably boring you, who needed tending? I have some healing I can give yet."

peterpaulrubens
2011-01-13, 10:52 PM
Jag

Jag eyes the newly arrived Balrin, then spits and wipes his chin.

Jag offers his hand out to Balrin, not bothered by the spittle residue on his palm.

"'ey der, Preacher! Name's Jag. Ah reckon yew kin pray me up sum food den, kin ya?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-13, 11:50 PM
"I am afraid the only sustenance I can offer is spiritual. I have not the knowledge nor skill to do much but minor healing."

--Lime--
2011-01-14, 01:29 PM
Balthazar speaks again:

"Are ye for leavin' or what? And if y'are, then tell me, brethren, d'y'ken where any o' them weapons might be?"

He's clearly eager to branch out of Hammerfall, and knows that if he's going, a weapon would be a good idea. He suspects there might be a pick lying around (OOC: stats? weapon type?) though Balthazar isn't sure.

Leewei
2011-01-14, 01:51 PM
There are a few mining picks about that look unsuitable for battle (-4 attack, 1d6 damage). One dwarf (Dal) has a pick that has clearly been re-weighted (no attack penalty).

--Lime--
2011-01-14, 01:55 PM
Having seen what's to hand, Balthazar thinks again.

"Actually, boys, I think I'll stick wi'me fists."

(OOC: Guessing it isn't a light weapon)

Werewhale
2011-01-14, 04:44 PM
Dal Ironvictor

Dal looks over the dwarves that answered his call, slightly flustered at the lack of reaction from the other dwarves, busy with other duties and needs.
"Well then, we are a team!" he barks suddenly and gives them a smile he hoped was reassuring. "The Waterfinders went that way, to the Orcjaw. I am certain they need no aid from us so I say we strike out towards the Pesthole," he says and turns around to look towards their target. He purses his lips and grunts, "Any of you a good climber?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-14, 04:52 PM
"I am not an experienced climber, but I think I have a strong enough grip for the task. Perhaps it would be best for me to go first, I can heal myself should I fall, and can quickly get anyone else back on their feet should they be injured."

Leewei
2011-01-14, 05:02 PM
OOC:
I'll start up a new Pesthole thread. Up to 4 PCs can join in; the remaining 4 PCs can tackle a different task. I'll link it here when ready. Hold off on climb checks until then, please.

--Lime--
2011-01-14, 05:34 PM
"Ay, I can clamber, but 'tis not me best skill."

Balthazar looks at the Pesthole. Its ominous glow unsettles his steady nerves, but to say he was afraid would be a drastic overstatement. He eyed Dal's weapon, and came to a conclusion: it was only sensible that the one with the best weapon should lead the bunch.

"I'll go tae th'pesthole wi'you. Behind you all th' way, Dal." said Balthazar, and readied himself for the climb.

peterpaulrubens
2011-01-14, 09:56 PM
Jag

"If'n der's a bett'r'n climber dan me, I wanna meet dem. I'm witch ally'all."

Werewhale
2011-01-15, 12:47 AM
Dal Ironvictor

Dal nods towards Jag, "Very good, you will be the first one up. Everyone, grab some manacles and make a chain, Jag will use it to help the rest of us to follow him." With that, he gathers a handful of manacles and starts clamping them together.

((Assuming here that no such chain was made for the Pesthole since that party was dissolved.))

Worlok
2011-01-15, 01:26 AM
Dakost Elephantmurdered

"What's this I hear about making chains out of manacles, lads?" the downtrodden dwarf who apparently came out of nowhere asks. As he walks up to the group, his typical, crooked posture betrays a former executioner or sheriff, adapted to long years of having a massive warhammer on his back. That had been long ago, before the goblins had come. But having been one of the more lenient specimens of his peculiar profession back in the day, he, Dakost, who went by the name of Elephantmurdered for reasons he never quite explained, had usually been well-respected and well-liked, lacking the equally typical cold and authoritarian demeanor.

--Lime--
2011-01-15, 01:36 AM
Balthazar greets the newcomer warmly, perhaps some intangible memory subconsciously poking his brain with a forgotten impression that Dakost was a fair arbitrator.

He helps fashion a chain out of his manacles, and says:
"If you're so good a' climbin', is there any chance y'could gimme a piggy-back up these chains?"

He's only half-joking. Balthazar has no desire to fall into the water below.

tigerusthegreat
2011-01-15, 11:09 PM
As Balrin waits for the others to get organized, he remembers seeing something that could be useful. He quickly slips away to find the sledge, which with some luck, could be a stand-in for a proper symbol to Moradin. Once he has gotten ahold of the sledge, he returns to the others.

Leahn Novash
2011-01-18, 06:24 AM
Falauk Morrak

A fat and tough looking dwarf approaches, he has long beard and a ponytail.

"Ye lookin' fer a climb'r, I hear'? I c'n climb fine. Bett'r two than one up there, when pullin' others. Just leave sum chains fer me. I gotta crazy idea. But I'll be needin' as much chain as ye can gath'r. We oughta find safe place fer those her'."

(OOC): Could I use the chains of the remaining manacles to make a chain armor?

Ernir
2011-01-26, 09:06 PM
Max

A young, blonde dwarf with the beard in a braid steps forth. He looks light on his bare feet, as if he were someone who has spent his whole life in chains and has only now realized that he can run.

"OI! Goin' to them caves? Wait fer me! My father and his father before him and my uncle before that were the masters of footfighting, ya'll need me in what'sa come!"

Vulaas
2011-01-30, 02:45 AM
Aenir

"Aye, I'll join you lad. This is no way for a dwarf to live," states a bit older, but still young dwarf with bright blue eyes, and flame-red hair.
"The name be Aenir Earthsblood; I can speak to the land. Ought be a mite useful in escape."

Werewhale
2011-02-08, 12:08 PM
Dal Ironvictor

After being turned back by the beetles in the Pesthole, a humiliated and angry Dal returns to Hammerfall with the rest of the expedition.
"All right, everyone bring me whatever picks you don't need for quarrying to me so I can make them usable for battle," he commands the group and community at large, picking up a sturdy-looking stone and brandishing it about dangerously, a fiery glint in his eyes.

(He will modify any picks brought to him to remove the -4 modifier, working until we are ready to set off again.)

--Lime--
2011-02-08, 12:13 PM
Balthazar eagerly hands his pick to Dal.

Ah took a bit too much of a bashin' back there, ah think. Could y'fix this up fer me?

Werewhale
2011-02-08, 12:30 PM
Dal Ironvictor

Dal simply gives a grunt as he grabs the pick from Balthazar's hands, finds a nice big rock to use as a workbench and sets to work.
"Anyone else can just put the picks by my side and I'll get to them in time." he growls to the others.

peterpaulrubens
2011-02-08, 06:55 PM
Jag

Jag makes sure his pick is second behind Balthazar's.

Worlok
2011-02-09, 12:37 PM
Dakost

Dakost looks around, mumbling to himself. Oh, what he'd give to have his hammer back! He felt oddly naked without it. Trying to get some information out of his the people, he decided to ask around for any findings of ore or other workable materials.

Gather Information: [roll0]

Leewei
2011-02-10, 08:52 AM
Balthazar's and Jag's picks will take 4 hours each. Balrin heals the PCs over the course of the next couple days, then decides he is no longer fit for adventures. The fish supply is definitely running low. Even worse, the Water Finders haven't returned. The refugees are beginning to fear the worst.

peterpaulrubens
2011-02-10, 01:05 PM
Jag

"We gon' have ta go after dem WaterFinders. 'Tain't good dat dey ain't back."

Jag pauses, stretching his shoulders a bit.

"Who's up fer a swim?"

Worlok
2011-02-10, 03:43 PM
"Why, I am. We shall go forth and return the Water Finders!" Dakost almost-shouts, his hands reaching up as if holding a seriously oversized hammer, poised to strike. "Not much good in just sitting around without a drink."

Werewhale
2011-02-10, 05:34 PM
Dal Ironvictor

"Aye," says Dal, rather more solemnly, lifting his pick onto his shoulder, "I remember a priest here being able to bless us to endure the chill of the waters, we should not venture without consulting him."

Leewei
2011-02-14, 12:54 PM
The NPC priests will consent to case endure elements on each of you after a few words from Dakost.

--Lime--
2011-02-14, 06:51 PM
Balthazar is willing to go whichever way Dal - who he sees as the leader - wishes.

Werewhale
2011-02-14, 07:13 PM
Dal Ironvictor

"Very well everyone," Dal says, "Let the priests bless you, then we'll make our way to the Orcjaw and find out where the Waterfinders went off to." After letting one of the priests cast the spell on him, he waits for the others to get their blessing, then sets out swimming towards the stalagmites.

--Lime--
2011-02-15, 04:32 AM
Balthazar is right behind him

(OOC: and is now in the Orcjaw II thread :smallsmile:)

Leewei
2011-03-10, 10:37 PM
OOC: I'll PM you tomorrow, Snowbody. :durkon: