PDA

View Full Version : The Museum

neos_dionysos
2006-05-18, 08:07 PM
The Museum

In the southeastern district of the City, there is an impressive construction site.
Lots of workmen there are busy erecting a great building, which seems to be designed to contain one great central hall, along with many siderooms and passageways.
The first level is almost finished, but the second level will take some time to be ready for public.
And at any time of the day, people arrive with strange chests and wrapped items carried on carts, which are brought into the already finished cellars of this edifice.

A small creature with tentacles in the face, dressed like Indiana Jones, overviews the whole process.

A sign says:
"Welcome to The Museum!"
"Every citizen is invited to the great opening party."
(The exact date is yet unknown due to delays in the construction process.)

Sometimes, a small, grey-bearded gnome scurries about, saying things like:
"Oh, careful with that... no.... No! That was a priceless antique vase of the Hung Dynasty!"

Another sign:
"Donations of artwork or [plunder from ancient tombs] archaeological rarities still wanted (and appreciated)!"

...for a map of my museum, it's a perfect copy of the Egyptian museum in Cairo. Ground floor looks like this: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
http://www.freewebs.com/pietschen/museum1.jpg
And the second floor:
http://www.freewebs.com/pietschen/museum2.jpg

And, green talk is me, Neos Dionysos, a half-fiend Rogue/Abjurer/Magic Filcher/Arcane Trickster.
Olive is my curator, Gnorrham Silvermantle, a gnome Diviner/Loremaster.

Renrik
2006-05-18, 09:35 PM
Well, I did make a trip to the graveyard in that village over the hill before they locked me up (hey, I was hungry!), and I managed to find some good pickin's. How about this diamond ring? Or this little statue? Or this copy of Necronomicon (it's best not to question where I got it from. Questions hurt people.)?

I've also got this collection of skulls. hard to digest, you see. Give me gas.

Lykan
2006-05-18, 10:19 PM
Ive got the armor of Attila the Hun... Would you like that?

neos_dionysos
2006-05-18, 10:32 PM
"Oh, yes... I desperatly searched for the Necronomicon."
"And this statue looks good too. As for the ring, does it have some historical value?"

*The gnome walks by, saying:*
"You know our funds are running desperatly low?"

"But the real armor of Attila is something we need for our exhibition!"

*To Lykan*
"Maybe we could just put it on display, but the armor stays yours"
"And, just to ask... what about my golems?"

Lykan
2006-05-18, 10:33 PM
Theyre built, I just need my guy to put the funishing touches on them...

Renrik
2006-05-18, 11:04 PM
I will give you the items I offered for free. Also, have this 200pp grant.

neos_dionysos
2006-05-18, 11:19 PM
"I'll take these items... my gratitude! And for the money..."

"Wait, you should think about this!"

"Well, I tried to arrange something with these guys... I'll wait for an answer to my proposal before I take the money... this could be lucrative!"

"Or just plainly disastreous...!"

Kyle
2006-05-19, 01:25 PM
*puts a bag outside a window and then walks in the museum.*

As Ii walk in with a hand of the mage around my neck many small items which look valuable start going into the bag as if being picked up with mage hand. Ii then leave pick up the bag and go to my pit.

lost_my_NHL
2006-05-20, 07:54 AM
Neos, I was wondering if I could store some crates in your vast basement, and come in once a week to take some out. I'd be willing to pay well; after all, it is completely legal to store olive oil.

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-20, 02:21 PM
Old el Paso enters carrying a large box and brings it down to the museum's basement. He comes back up shortly thereafter, nodding to a few people here and there. He exits the museum muttering, "Finally...."

Renrik
2006-05-20, 03:33 PM
If you want a natural history display, I;'ve got a lot of bodies. Mostly human. All bones. Useful nonetheless.

neos_dionysos
2006-05-20, 08:33 PM
*neos dionysos is absent for the weekend*

*the gnome (called Gnorrham Silvermantle, talking in olive) oversees this place for now.*

"Hey, what are you all doing there... this is a construction site and it's closed for the weekend... off with you!"

"Oh, wait, A collection of bones?!? Could need that... Talk to the master. And for the olive oil? Yesss, maybeee.."

""Huh?!?"

Fishies
2006-05-20, 09:01 PM
A black(obsidian, perhaps?) rock flies through a valuable antique window and smashes it to bits. Upon closer examination, you realise that the stone is actually a Philosopher's Stone!

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-05-20, 09:27 PM
Wow, nice place you have here. Mind if I look around?
Do you have a bahamutte display?

neos_dionysos
2006-05-20, 09:36 PM
"Wait... that's vandalism, I'll... oh! A philosopher's stone. Why did you - oh, anyway. This might excuse the destruction of that window... although it was antique and - ah, ..."

"Bahamutte - God of good-aligned dragons? Well, we're currently arranging some rooms devoted to the worship of any god in the existing pantheon."

"But a statue of Bahamut is still missing. We might need one."

"And, by the way, this place is not yet open for the public, but as a well-known champion of the Arena, uhh... feel free to take a look, but most things are still wrapped up or stored in crates or whatever."

"I'm just the curator... ask Neos if he returns... or wakes up... or whatever he is up to now."

BigT
2006-05-20, 10:05 PM
A tall figure covered completely in a black cloak except for a pale hand holindg a quarterstaff adorned with bones approaches the gnomish curator.

Please allow me to offer my services in providing relics and remains of those long passed, they may even be self delivering if you wish. All I ask is to be paid in black onyx, they are a special component I require in my field. Do pass my offer on to Nero.

Fishies
2006-05-20, 10:11 PM
"Outrageous! You know very well that onyx gems used for necromancy are expensive... the grant for the museum is only 100gp a week!"

A small coin is produced out of my pocket. You see that it is an ancient coin, from the ruins of Rome!

neos_dionysos
2006-05-20, 10:45 PM
"This is not as outrageous as it seems... maybe black onyx is hard to come by, but there is an adventuring guild about to be founded in this town, and my master is looking foreward to make some close contracts with these daring fellows."
"So, if they happen to find some black onyx (btw., have you ever onyx of another colour than black? huh?)... well, then, you'll be the first to know about it."
"The coin... oh great, but I'm sorry we can't pay for it. But we would put it on display with a note mentioning you and it will stay your propterty to use as you wish... when you need it.
*mumbles to himself:*
"Ooooo, many things to tell Neos, why did he take this weekend off. Always, I have to do the work, oh, me poor little gnome!"

Fishies
2006-05-21, 12:17 AM
"Hm, that's ok. I won't need the coin. I also stole a stone from the Hadrian's Wall. Want that too? And what's this about an adventuring party? Talented young folk are hard to come by. If they are not powerful enough, I doubt they'd last more than two weeks or accumulate more than 1000 gold pieces... which I could probably make in a few weeks by running an inn here, but without the risk of getting killed on a suicidal mission to kill off some random kobold tribe."

lost_my_NHL
2006-05-21, 08:18 AM
The curator had told me in a PM that I can store the boxes of olive oil in the basement. Here is compensation."

I hand him a small leather bag with some pp in it, and carry some boxes in the basement, three droids following me with their boxes. When I'm done, I thank you and leave, my droids following.

Amiria
2006-05-21, 08:44 AM
*A young female human archmage in red robes with a pointy wizard's hat appears at the construction site and approaches the gnome*

Hi, Gnorrham Silvermantle, I'm Amiria of Irvin, I believe we have met before.

I've recently rummaged through the vaults and storages of my tower and found some stuff that might be for you:

1) Two Storm Stars (lesser artefacts, magical morningstars with some powerful lightning-based enchantments).

2) Four ancient gold bars with mystical signets.

3) Two nonfunctional stone golems, somehow the magic left their bodies, but they are still statues of great craftsmanship.

4) A magical bowl that aids in the summoning and calling of Fire Elementals.

I have some other stuff, perhaps more interesting, but for now I rather keep it in my private museum in my tower.

The_Librarian
2006-05-21, 10:35 PM
The librarian and Greeny sneak into the construction site carrying a parcel. Despite it being wrapped in thick, brown paper, it still gives off a strange, blue glow. Tucked within the parcel is a note:

Honourable curator,
I leave this book in your hands as an ancient artefact from my home of Clawgrave. I trust you will protect it well, for it is one of only three of its kind.

Looking worried, the librarian tucks the book behind a pile of bricks and hurries away again.

Fishies
2006-05-21, 10:40 PM
*mumble* "The first book has been revealed."

neos_dionysos
2006-05-21, 11:31 PM
*To Consiglieri Grievosi:*
"Thank you for the money... this is exactly what I needed to have a beautiful exotic garden being set up in front of my museum."
"There is enough storage place for many more olive oil in my basement."
*To Amiria:*
"uhhhh, I am really honoured. How can I ever return your gratitude... I owe you a favour. Or two."

*When the Librarian has left, I pick up the book, and...*

"This is really awesome."

*puts the book in a showcase in the central hall along with the Necronomicon.*
*casts some protective spells on it.*
*mumbles to himself:*
"Trobriand's Glassee (CoS-W), and the usual protetions..."

The first level and the main floor of The Museum is almost finished. Now, we are ready to be opened for public. Watch out for the party!

*neos walks over to Lykans shop... and returns with two great egyptian-style stone golems following him*

*They take a seat to both sides of the entrance*

*neos enters and stays here among the many crates, wrapped items, and all the stuff stored in the main hall...*

*and falls asleep*

Next day he leaves on a major expedition to some ruins located in the southeast. At least for a week.

wxdruid
2006-05-22, 09:21 PM
"I am here to look around and see the best way to arrange a garden and what type of trees would be best for your set-up. I will come by tomorrow and plant and encourage growth. I was wondering if you wanted some tangle trees. They like to eat meat and if you have any annoying pests you can certainly feed them to the trees. :-) Otherwise it looks like some pines, cottonwoods, maples, and some japanese maples for the front with all sorts of assorted flowering plants."

Jenny_Archer
2006-05-25, 01:27 PM
Julienne wanders around the museum, looking at all the exibits.

wxdruid
2006-05-25, 02:40 PM
After a week of hard work, your gardens are beautiful, many flowers, herbs, beautiful trees with a few tangle trees mixed in. The tangle trees have hedges and signs warning everyone not to trespass. :-) There are duck ponds, oriental gardens, etc...

"Hope you enjoy your gardens Neos"

Amiria
2006-05-28, 01:39 PM
And, green talk is me, Neos Dionysos, a CN half-fiend Rogue/Abjurer/Magic Filcher/Arcane Trickster.

[maybe the Half Farspawn template is more appropriate then half-fiend. It's in Lords of Madness, the book is here by me, but I don't need it now so I could give it to you when we next meet]

*Amiria enters the museum grounds and admires the gardens*

Hello, anyone here ? I hope everything is okay. It seems that you were not able to meet your schedule. Do you have a new E.T.A. for the day of the grand opening ?

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-28, 01:41 PM
Nethelyrie walks in, examining everything. "Say, exactly how valuable in gold pieces do you think all of this stuff would be? I didn't take any ranks in Appraise..."

Renrik
2006-05-29, 12:34 PM
Renrik waltzes into the museum, examining the displays, and stropping to admire the Necronomicon.

Lykan
2006-05-29, 12:35 PM
Klaine walks in. Greetings! You wouldnt happen to have any hussar related artifacts would you? We need them for a contacting expirament.
Swipes stone. Replaces with real one

The_Librarian
2006-05-29, 12:39 PM
"Taking her sweet time about it too..." Muttering angrily to himself, Greeny starts sniffing around the museum. He sits down in front of the display of books.

Eventually, the librarian arrives, nods at him and the two leave the museum together.

neos_dionysos
2006-05-31, 05:39 PM
After almost a tenday, a caravan led by Neos Dionysos arrives at the museum, bringing strange items from an expedition to some ruined cities in the far southeast.
On his arrival, Neos faces a gnome clad in silver robes... and some bad news.

"Gnorrham Silvermantle, I have returned from journeys of great peril to bring the last items we need to have my museum's main floor being opened for public!"
"uhhh... well, Neos, I have bad news for you."
"Bad news? Tell me!"
"Some... things... items... artifacts of importance have been stolen from your museum while you were gone."
"What? Which items?"
"ahem, the books."
"Books?"
"Yes, the two books in the main room: First, the mysterious book, and some days after that, the Necronomicon, too.
"THE NECRONOMICON?! Hahaha! Those who have it will not enjoy it for long, I believe... unless they are worshippers of my father. By the way, I have to visit this new temple..."
"But I think we should cover this up... no good publicity if there are thefts before the museum opens for public." "I... thought it appropriate to do exactly this... at least until you return... I have already temporarily replaced the stolen books by illusionary replicas."
"Good, very good. Make these illusions permanent... no one has to know."
"But I ... oh, well, as you wish, Neos."
"Oh, And Amiria wanted to lend you a book from her library... maybe you should visit her tower this weekend or at least contact her."
"Great... and I thought I had some time to recover from my journey. Ach ja! Back to work."

"And now, I have to thank (and pay) this druid for the beautiful garden she created... perfect!"
"And then go on to new adventuring."
"Oh, no, not again... and who do you think will arrange all the business affairs? ****!!!"

Oh, and one for the would-be-thieves: From now on, that my museum is about to be finished, I'll ignore any PM's that tell me "xxx is stolen and the thief leaves before you can react." Please, give me a chance. PM me what you want to steal, and I'll tell you about the security and we'll make a little thievery roleplaying/dicerolling scenery. Remember: No risk, no fun!

Some statues of The Giant and the other Mods and the Website Staff arrive at The Museum.

thehothead
2006-05-31, 07:56 PM
"I would like to set up a deal, I get a fundraiser for the museum set up at my shop, the pit, and I get to create and sell replicas of any deadly items at it. Also I would like to be able to come to the grand opening for free if there is a charge. What do you think of this propisition?"

"Also I think you should consider a gift shop."

Fishies
2006-06-01, 12:02 AM
You fool. How could you let such a book be stolen? Hmmph...

thehothead
2006-06-01, 01:25 AM
Odly enough bald axe guy is not carrying his axe. Intead he has a bundle of assorted spikes.

"here are the spikes neos wanted he can have them for free"

Hands the spikes to currater.
"neos wanted these for some traps no need for payment"

"Here is my current fundraiser donations, not much buisness yet sorry" hads 22 gp for museum

neos_dionysos
2006-06-05, 10:28 PM
"Huh, thank you... it seems that all portable items are stolen from my museum by professional... very professional thieves."
"And thus, I'll keep such things from now on in my private chambers and put only colossal statues and other items which are too... heavy to be easily carried away for public display."
"Wise decision. But what about these pieces of artwork given to you by some citiziens of this town? They want to have them to be seen by everyone. You can't hide these in your 'private chambers'"
"Oh, yes, I remember... they have to be displayed in my museum at the personal risk of the Artists. I won't take any responsibility for thefts or damage to them. Ahh, well I try to protect them as good as I can, nonetheless."
"And you leave today for another expedition?"
"I'll be back in a few days... but ancient writings tell of a lost city of the Elders in the far North. I have to excavate it before the common thieves reach it."
"See you then, and take care of my museum!"

Trog
2006-06-25, 11:06 PM
*Trog slips into the museum silently and looks for a way downstairs*

Wukei
2006-06-25, 11:07 PM
Trog easily finds his way downstairs, unfortunately there's no Amiria.

Trog
2006-06-25, 11:08 PM
Crapola. Trog heads out.

neos_dionysos
2006-07-20, 09:25 PM
neos has returned... from a long and dangerous journey.

And to his pleasure, the construction works at the museums' building are done.

Thus, its time for the PARTY!!!

-> The museum is no longer 'under construction' !!!

There are a lot of lanterns lit in the garden in front of the museum's building, and many tables are set up there with delicious things - from complete meals to tiny hors d' ouvres - anything anyone might like.

...including Whiskey, of course.

And in front of the museum's doors, Neos waits for the guests to arrive...

(... Gnorrham, the curator has passed invitations to almost every citizien of the city).

Flabbicus
2006-07-20, 09:28 PM
(( Uh oh. Looks like Des spoke to soon with his Path of Destruction storyline. ))

(( Are we just going to say he didn't destroy the museum? ))

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1153347797; start=0

(( In any case it's glad to see the Museum up and running. ))

neos_dionysos
2006-07-20, 09:40 PM
Oh, sorry, I spent three weeks in Andalucia (Spain) for holidays... no internet there...

(P. S. This message will be modified to be "in-game" as soon as I think it's appropriate).

....maybe I'll think of a reason for the destruction and return of The Museum, but for now:

It's construction was just not finished and Neos himself was away to excavate some lost artifacts.

Flabbicus
2006-07-20, 09:42 PM
(( Spain's a nice place. I miss churros. ))

(( I'm sure Des will understand and remove it from his first post. ))

neos_dionysos
2006-07-20, 10:01 PM
Neos appears at the Museum's doors.

"Greetings to you all, and I hope we'll have peacful party. And, all those who have any interest in antiquities or the history of our world are invited for a free tour through the Museum - guided by me, personally... well, at least the rooms that are ready for public by now."

Gnorrham appears by the side of Neos and whispers something into his ear. Neos speaks again:

"But for now, you should just... celebrate. Have fun!!!"

There is a row of statues, depicting the emperor and his ancestors in front of the museum, flanked by a beautiful, but yet dangerous garden.
(There are warning signs set before each really dangerous plant).

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-07-20, 10:10 PM
El Jaspero arrives, strangely accompanied by concertina music. He has a bottle of something in his hand and is clearly extremely merry.

"Neos! I heard you're having a party! That's great! I'm having one too!"

He dances to the mysterious music for a bit.

Flabbicus
2006-07-20, 10:14 PM
*Rilik walks in*

I wonder if I qualify as an antique. Oh well, at least I'm not a machine anymore!

*Drinks some of the punch*

I always loved potted plants!

neos_dionysos
2006-07-20, 10:19 PM
Neos to El Jaspero:

"Music! That's what my party is missing! Maybe you are the one to provide the last thing I need!"

Potted plant to Rilik:

"I just watch and wait. And if the right time to strike has come... I still wait... and watch".

2006-07-20, 10:21 PM
El Jaspero bows to Neos.

"I am honored to provide that which you need, for I myself just learned I have all I ever need!" He dances a bit more slowly, and the music shifts into more appropriate background music, though still played on a concertina.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-20, 10:22 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/stealth.gif

*llama comes trotting through the town and sees the group heading somewhere. Stealthily he follows them and sees them meeting at the museum. He exits from the shadows and trots up the steps to see what's going on*

Flabbicus
2006-07-20, 10:22 PM
Whoa! What's in this punch!

*Drinks some more punch*

Nice weather we're having eh Mister Vegetation?

Hey LLama! Snazzy outfit. Have you met this nice potted plant?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-20, 10:25 PM
*llama trots over to Rilik and the potted plant with a hungry look in his eyes.*

Flabbicus
2006-07-20, 10:26 PM
(( Oh no! Don't do it LLama! Don't assassinate the plant! ))

LLama what are you doing? Uh oh.

*Gets in between LLama and the plant*

2006-07-20, 10:27 PM
El Jaspero dances over to the llama and plants a big kiss on the quadruped's neck.

"I love this guy! Seriously, LLama, how did you know the Liza Jane was down at the docks? You're the best!"

neos_dionysos
2006-07-20, 10:29 PM
the potted plant looks back at the llama trying to have an even more evil look in her eyes...

"if you try to eat me, I'll really taste bad... maybe worse ... or - badder!!!"

neos interrupts:

"uhhh, welll... paaartyyy?!?"

Flabbicus
2006-07-20, 10:33 PM
Nice one plant.

*Rilik goes in search of food, making sure not to read any of the evil looking books on the way*

(( Probably my last post of the night. ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-20, 10:40 PM
(sorry, bout the absence) *llama jumps back embarrassed as the plant speaks* "i'm...i'm sorry. I thought you were a snack."
*he gives EL J a wooly embrace, happy for the distraction.* "I just saw a ship down there when I was ...doing my job, and wondered about it."

(gotta run, RL calls)

Appolo
2006-07-20, 10:46 PM
i've got some zombies who were minions of the first lich ever that i could get rid of for free...they kinda smell bad (being eons old, and all)

2006-07-20, 10:46 PM
El Jaspero hugs the llama again.

"I owe you one, man. You're the best! Once I get her back, you're the first one I'm taking out for a sail!"

neos_dionysos
2006-07-20, 10:49 PM
The plant didn't speak - it just thought... but very evil thoughts.

maybe this did scare you away.

And, neos thinks:

" uhhhnnnghhh, this seems to be a really strange opening party for my Museum...not exactly what I thought it would be."

"Maybe some guests might arrive... later?!?"

"Maybe not! - - - whooaaahhhh!"

Gnorrham Silvermantle:

"Well, let's see who'll be present at your guided tour through the Museum tomorrow, won't we?"

2006-07-20, 10:58 PM
El Jaspero gives LLama one more hug and meanders off into the darkness, still followed by that strange concertina music.

Flabbicus
2006-07-21, 08:19 AM
*Rilik wakes up in the ancient suits of armor collection*

Ugh, was food that hard to find?

*Magical alarms activate as he shifts his weight on the exhibit*

Time to go!

*He gets up and runs to the streets*

Amiria
2006-07-21, 10:31 AM
Amria arrives at the museum dressed to kill.

Soooooooooooooooo, is here a party or what ?

Huh ?

Well, sorry that I missed it but I was in the infirmary. Looks great, your museum. Finally finished.

Did you find some interesting exhibits during your travels ?

timbucktoo
2006-07-27, 01:11 PM
timbucktoo enters in a dark green cloak and leather armor. his shortsword concealed within his cloak.
his hawk darktalon sits in a tree near the entrance, silently awaiting the arrival of an unknown entity....

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-28, 01:37 AM
*llama, the 2 elven kids and Alarra all walk up to the steps of the Musem.* "This is the new museum I was talking about. It had a grand opening a few days ago. Lots of powerful items and things inside."

Alarra
2006-07-28, 01:40 AM
Well that sounds exciting! Lots of things I might need protected from she winks at Alaneen.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-28, 01:45 AM
*alaneen hugs Alarra protectively.* Don't worry, you're safe with me.

Ala, you run from mice.

Do not.

Do too.

*llama sneezes loudly to distract the kids and break up the argument* "So who wants to see a floating tower over a lake?" *he says as he starts to walk away*

Alarra
2006-07-28, 01:46 AM
Ooooh! I do! Alarra waves her hand in the air laughing.

timbucktoo
2006-07-28, 01:14 PM
as a halfling enters the museum darktalon sweeps down and begins to attack him. hearing darktalon screeching timbucktoo runs out of the museum. when he reaches the halfling, he pulls his short sword from its sheath and attacks the halfling. "you..."the halfling says.

"yes, it`s me taranyen..."i reply. "its been a while. get your frickin` hawk offa me!" he says."no. this is my revenge...for everthing you`ve done...you killed them all..."

"look, i`m sorry for that. okay?" "it will never be okay" i say.
"well okay then. get im`!" he shouts."yes sir." a voice from behind him says. then a durgar leaps from the shadows and attacks me."murgol!" i shout in surprise.
(theres my npcs fer ya! if you want to know the other one, check out...timbucktoo`s pet emporium!) feel free to continue the fight till i get back... just dont kill any1.kk?.

neos_dionysos
2006-08-17, 05:26 AM
A small, bearded gnome (Gnorrham Silvermantle, the Museum's curator) comes running out of the right side entrance, mumbling:
"In the name of Nimbler Fogshadow! Why can't I practise my studies in peace for once!"
He hurries towards the fight, shouting:
"Hey you. Yes, you there. You can't fight in the museums gardens. It is not allowed. Besides, there are dangerous trees which might... oh no, too late!"
Even as he speaks, the halfling comes too close to one of these trees... which grabs him and pulls him 30 ft. up into the air. The other combatants pause for a moment to stare at this strange scenario.
Gnorrham pulls a wand out of his sky-blue robes and speaks with a stern voice:
"Let him go at once, or..."

As the tree doesn't react, he fires a bolt of lightning at him.
"Take this, you naughty plant-thing!"
The tree, hit by the lightning bolt, starts to twitch and move convulsively, throwing the halfling over the the walls of the museum's garden out on the street.
Timbucktoo and the duergar look at each other and run through the garden's gates out onto the street, to continue their fight there.
"Huh!? Strange..."
Gnorrham shakes his head in wonder.

neos_dionysos
2006-08-18, 08:00 PM
The Tour Begins.

(The directions "Left" and "Right" in the text assume you are facing the entrance)
(Numbers refer to the maps found on the first post of this thread)

The Garden:

Neos walks through the entrance of the Museum's garden, followed by some interested Town NPC (and maybe PC). He stops as he sees the gnome standing there with a wand in his hand next to a charred and burning tree, while two people run out of the garden's gate. He looks flabbergasted.

"What by Nyarly did happen here?"

The gnome puts his wand back into his robes. The flames in the tree slowly cease to burn.

"Ohhh, nothing worth mentioning."

Neos turns back to the group of visitors.

"Well, then, let's begin."

In front of The Museum is a wide alley, flanked by life-sized statues of Indurain the Emperor, Mortia the Mayor and other famous people of The Town.
It is overshadowed by rows of slender trees, and besides the statues are various Potted Plants (cf. Munchkin Monster Manual, p. 29).

"Beware the Potted Plants, for they are the ultimate incarnation of Evil itself. If they could move, they would have conquered the world long ago. But luckily, they can't."

Various narrower paths branch off from the alley, leading through a beautiful garden with strange and wonderful growths.
Some of these growth bear delicious-looking fruits, while other tend to move ominously, even when there is no wind at all, and most of these have red warning signs in front of them.

"I advise you not to get too close to one of these trees. And, by the way, don't eat any of these fruits. I once tried one of these cucumber-like things, and had very strange dreams the night after."

To the far left is a small domed structure which looks like some sort of mausoleum.
The alley leads straight to the main entrance, where stairs lead up to sturdy-looking double-doors made of cast bronze.
These doors are open by day, when The Museum is open to public, and close after sunset to guard the precious treasures contained within the building.
Two smaller door to the left and the right lead to the private rooms and the museum's workshops.

"And now, let's take a look at the Museum itself"

Neos enters through the main gate.

Entrance Area:

After passing through the doors, one finds the ticket office to the left, occupied by a friendly gnome, and the souvenir shop to the right, where one can purchase catalogues, postcards, or small replicas of some exhibits from a talkative halfling.

Front Hall:

Ahead, a wide passage leads to the main hall, and in the center of this passage is a showcase (48 ) containing an ancient and worn tome. A sign says: "The Necronomicon (replica)".
To the left, another showcase (3 ) displays an armor of barbaric design. The sign there reads: "Armour of Attila The Hun".
The passage leading to the right is barred by boards and scaffolding and a sign telling "No entry".

Main Hall:

The main hall is two floors high and surrounded by a gallery on all sides. Its central floor is three feet deeper than the rest, and in the middle of this depression sits a black, three-sided pyramid, each side roughly thirteen feet wide, with an inscription of weird-looking hieroglyphs runnig all around its base (28 ). There is no sign.
At the rear side of the hall, a pair of seated collossal statues, looking like ancient pharaohs and obviosly made of sandstone thrones above all (13). Two narrow paths on both sides of them lead on to the rear hall.
On both sides of the hall, two cylindrical objects, made of some silvery metal and fourty feet in length, rest on low wooden supports. They look like a strange kind of giant fish and emit a faint humming sound. A sign says: "Discovered in unidentifiable ruins near the great glaciers of the North".

Amiria
2006-08-26, 04:11 AM
Amiria joins the tour with some historically (and magically) interested people from her staff. "Where is the real Necronomicon ? I heard rumors that it was lost again."

As she enters the Main Hall she stops abruptly. "Hmm, this thing is definetely very Bal-Nortokesque. What is it and where did you find it ?"

neos_dionysos
2006-08-30, 03:45 AM
"The whereabouts of the real Necro I don't know. Never had time to read it, either."
"This pyramid is from a small, uncharted island in the southwestern seas. I found it some time ago when my ship got lost there and decided to take it home. There were other structures - ruins of non-euclidean geometry on this island, but those were too big to carry away. The hieroglyphs defy every attempt to decipher them - even magical."
"And now, to the left."

First Room Left:

In the center of the room is a showcase with a tiny statuette, measuring only four inches, of a bearded man wearing glasses. A sign says: "The only known representation of the creator of this universe, called by some 'The Giant'"(42).

"Strange kind of irony, that of the greatest being known, only this tiny statuette survived..."

The walls are lined with paintings, statues, and other representations of the mighty beings commonly called "The Mods" (5,6,7).

Second Room Left:

Here are statues and other religious objects of many dark and evil cults for display (with the exception of those related to the Cthulhu Myth Cycle, for which a special exhibition is planned).

Third Room Left:

This chamber is dedicated to the cults of the (more or less) neutral gods.

Fourth Room Left:

And finally, the cults worshipping good-aligned gods.

"That's it, for now. The rest is still under construction, and I have to leave for another expedition. I'll be back in four weeks. I hope, Amiria will take care of my museum in the meanwhile."

(OOC: I am in Egypt till October... the oases of the western desert, Cairo and Luxor, and everything between... See you.)

JellyPooga
2006-08-30, 01:05 PM
[*A charred full-size bronze statue of a winged kobold appears in a puff of smoke just outside the front door. It has the remains of a tatty, burnt tunic hanging off of it. For a statue, it looks really quite hacked off, though you can't quite discern why, on account of there being nothing for it to be hacked off about. After all, it is just a statue.*]

[*Shortly after it appeared, the statue disappears in another cloud of smoke*]

Amiria
2006-08-30, 05:06 PM
((Strange ... I'll take care of the museum for the next month until Neos Dionysos returns. Feel free to do stuff here. If something happens I will respond at least once per day))

ghost_warlock
2006-09-11, 12:28 PM
Ghost Warlock approaches the museum from the town streets.

Ah-ha! Perhaps I will find what I've been looking for here!
He walks right through the doors of the building and begins to wander around, looking at the exhibits. When he gets to the Necronomicon, he stops.

Replica? Well, that's probably for the best!
What's this? There used to be another text here as well.
I wonder where it's gone, what it was.
When the curator returns I shall have to see about it.
He continues his visit, viewing the assorted relics on display but finds nothing else of particular interest to him and leaves, passing soundlessly through the presumably solid front doors.

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 03:07 PM
After a bit of aimless wandering, Cain find himself in the front of the museum, "might be interesting," he said to himself, and enters.

Amiria
2006-09-11, 03:30 PM
Gnorrham Silvermantle greets you as you enter "Welcome. Yes, the museum is open, well, just a few rooms for now, many are still under construction. Do you want a guided tour ?"

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 03:36 PM
"Sure why not," Cain says, and stands ready to follow.

Amiria
2006-09-11, 03:43 PM
((Copying from earlier posts. Partly because this not my thread and partly because I'm lazy :P But feel free to ask questions.))

"Then follow me."

Entrance Area:

After passing through the doors, one finds the ticket office to the left, occupied by a friendly gnome, and the souvenir shop to the right, where one can purchase catalogues, postcards, or small replicas of some exhibits from a talkative halfling.

Front Hall:

Ahead, a wide passage leads to the main hall, and in the center of this passage is a showcase (48 ) containing an ancient and worn tome. A sign says: "The Necronomicon (replica)".
To the left, another showcase (3 ) displays an armor of barbaric design. The sign there reads: "Armour of Attila The Hun".
The passage leading to the right is barred by boards and scaffolding and a sign telling "No entry".

Main Hall:

The main hall is two floors high and surrounded by a gallery on all sides. Its central floor is three feet deeper than the rest, and in the middle of this depression sits a black, three-sided pyramid, each side roughly thirteen feet wide, with an inscription of weird-looking hieroglyphs runnig all around its base (28 ). There is no sign.
At the rear side of the hall, a pair of seated collossal statues, looking like ancient pharaohs and obviosly made of sandstone thrones above all (13). Two narrow paths on both sides of them lead on to the rear hall.
On both sides of the hall, two cylindrical objects, made of some silvery metal and fourty feet in length, rest on low wooden supports. They look like a strange kind of giant fish and emit a faint humming sound. A sign says: "Discovered in unidentifiable ruins near the great glaciers of the North".

First Room Left:

In the center of the room is a showcase with a tiny statuette, measuring only four inches, of a bearded man wearing glasses. A sign says: "The only known representation of the creator of this universe, called by some 'The Giant'"(42).

The walls are lined with paintings, statues, and other representations of the mighty beings commonly called "The Mods" (5,6,7).

Second Room Left:

Here are statues and other religious objects of many dark and evil cults for display (with the exception of those related to the Cthulhu Myth Cycle, for which a special exhibition is planned).

Third Room Left:

This chamber is dedicated to the cults of the (more or less) neutral gods.

Fourth Room Left:

And finally, the cults worshipping good-aligned gods.

"That's all for now. More rooms will be open to the public when Neos Dionysos returns."

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 03:48 PM
Cain thanks Amiria, and pays her a gold, saying, "for you," and leave the Museum.

Amiria
2006-09-11, 03:52 PM
((Gnorrham Silvermantle led you around. Amiria rampages through her tower, transformed into a 5 year old version of herself.))

"Yep, tell others and come back when we have more exhibits" Gnorrham gives the money to the gnome at the ticket office.

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 03:56 PM
(Out of character: Sorry about that, but still Cain thanks the person, and give them a gold for the tour, and leaves the museum)

Colonol_Moutard
2006-10-20, 01:46 AM
Centurion was wandering around aimlesly when he came to a large building, Hmmmm... Looks like a Musium, that may be interesting and he walks towards the door

Colonol_Moutard
2006-10-20, 12:55 PM
as Centurion walks through the doors he says
Hello, Anyone here to greet me or tell me to pay or somthing?!

Colonol_Moutard
2006-10-20, 01:02 PM
Well, okay then I geuss I'll not go here it does nto seem to be open today
He turns around and walks back onto the street

Deadly
2006-10-20, 01:13 PM
((Feel free to play one of the NPCs in cases like this. You can't always count on someone else to be in a thread, especially not less populated threads like this one. If you can't find any NPCs listed in the first post it's usually fine to just come up with some generic NPC

An example of how your post could have looked:

Centurion enters and looks around. A guide walks up to him and bows "Greetings, sir. Would you like a tour of the museum? Only 10 gold today." he says. Centurion nods "Yes, please." and hands the guide some coins. The guide shows him around the museum.

Of course that's a very quick and simplified post, but you can always add more to it, maybe put some pauses in where you post and wait before editing some more in. That way others can react to what you do if they want.

Just a tip :)))

Alarra
2006-10-30, 10:07 PM
Alarra and El Jaspero come up to the gardens leading to the museum,
"Hmm....doesn't look like it's been used in awhile...do you suppose it's still open?"

2006-10-30, 10:11 PM
"One way to find out!"

El J steps up to the doors and gives them a sharp knock. After a few moments they open and a wizenend gnome appears. What do you want? Can't you see it's late?

Alarra
2006-10-30, 10:14 PM
"Oh....we're sorry, of course you're closed. It is late. We'll be going." Alarra nods to the wizard apologeticly and starts to turn back the way they came.

2006-10-30, 10:24 PM
El J presses a dark cloth bag into Gnorrham's hands as they turn to leave.

((Amiria or Neos, PM me for what's in it.))

Amiria
2006-10-31, 01:28 PM
*vhroom* *vhroom* *vhroom*

Amiria lands in the Museum's garden and makes her way to the entrance. She enters the museum and thus disappears from sight.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-31, 06:52 PM
Acting on a hunch, the red thing lands outside the museum and waits

Mik
2006-10-31, 06:57 PM
((Murky, I'd like to show you that I sigged you! hehe!))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-31, 07:00 PM
((I'm honoured. It may amuse you to know that I typoed OR as OF originally. It's was probably more likely as OF, but too casual to be an official communication. I see Amira is offline, oh well the red thing can cool it's heels out here while I catch up on threads))

After waiting for a while the red thing flys off, in the direction of Trog's ((No, it didn't get stood up, before anyone comments))

2006-10-31, 10:02 PM
Two young elf-werefoxes bound up the path and knock on the door.

Trick or treat!
Trick or treat!

El Jaspero and Alarra come trotting up behind them.

Alarra
2006-10-31, 10:11 PM
Gnorrham comes up to the door, You two again? It's late again you know.

He glances down and appears to finally notice the two werefoxes grinning up at him,
Oh...Halloween already? Let's see what I've got here.

He rustles around inside the entranceway and manages to come up with a couple of tiny statues,
I haven't got any candy, wasn't expecting you kids after all, will these do?

Neat!
Oh look! They move!

Thanks!
Yes, thank you!

Yes, thank you, sorry to bother you so late again, Alarra ushers the kids off to the next place.

Amiria
2006-11-01, 02:10 AM
*pop*

A falcon pops up from nowhere above the red thing. It dives down and circles around the police captain and then lands on the sill of an open window above the main entrance into the museum. The falcon gazes back at the red thing and flies into the museum.

[hr]
Amiria and the falcon leave the museum and fly back to the tower.

neos_dionysos
2007-08-19, 12:34 AM
neos returns...

"Thanks to you, Amiria, for managing my business while I've been on tour"

"And thank you, Gnorrham."
"A stranger in a strange land, I've been far away..."

http://www.freewebs.com/pietschen/060913%5FBeni%2DHassan%5FAmarna%20185.jpg

"just joking... seriously: what's up in The Town?!?"

"Gnorrham... did there anything happen of which i should be informed?"

"El Jaspero donated his old hedgear to our collection. And then there was HALLOWEEN. And Alarra did pay us a visit - again when you where away. NeoDio, you always miss the really interesting things. I'm sorry, but I just could not..."

"Ok, I will pay more attention to my museum's business from now on, at least when I don't have to travel the world to try to gather things to fill the empty rooms or those which were just emptied by those *** thieves."

"You too are prone to steal things, master!"

"Yes, but the people I steal from are mostly (sic) dead."

"HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!"

"Damn, I think there is something hummming in the main hall..."
"I have to investigate. Gnorrham, please fetch your gnomesaw and the - well you know, the thing we'd never wanted to use."

"That would be the gnomesaw, then, neodio!"

"No, the Other One!"

"Ohhh nooo.... ---uhh, I mean, well, always something new and interesting when the master is there --- I'll go and get it."

"Right, and then, follow me..."

Amiria
2007-08-19, 03:55 AM

Amiria lands in front of the museum and puts the Vhroom back into the magical messenger bag.

*pop*

A falcon pops up over her head and circles above her. Amiria walks to the big doors and knocks on them

Dartonus
2007-08-19, 05:25 AM
A cloaked man in a red mask walks up and wordlessly places a closed vase on the donation table.