PDA

View Full Version : Your quotes

Orzel
2010-11-18, 07:34 AM
What would be your famous quotes?
What would follow "Mama always said..." or come before "God rest her zombie bones."
In the great words of you, what?

"That, my friends, is why we don't have tails."
Typically said after someone was in a situation that would have harmed or removed a tail if they had one.

"Don't trust the wind/water/sun. Turn on you in a second."
Typically said when the weather unexpectedly changes.

"If you bring the fat lady, you control when it's over."

"Ain't a party 'til someone gets hurt."

Cyrion
2010-11-18, 10:02 AM
As a teacher, after explaining a difficult concept: "Clear as mud?"

Currently: "Hurting you is the last thing I want to do. It is still on my list, however."

Muz
2010-11-18, 11:48 AM
"The likelihood of anyone ever actually dropping a needle in a haystack, much less wanting to find one, is incredibly small."

"Say. That's a nice basket." (Said with T-1000 inflection. ...You kind of had to be there.):smallwink:

Edit: And here's another. "Oh, look, I've inadvertently killed another thread." :smalleek:

Marnath
2010-11-19, 04:21 PM
"The likelihood of anyone ever actually dropping a needle in a haystack, much less wanting to find one, is incredibly small."

"Say. That's a nice basket." (Said with T-1000 inflection. ...You kind of had to be there.):smallwink:

Edit: And here's another. "Oh, look, I've inadvertently killed another thread." :smalleek:

Going one day without posts hardly counts as killing a thread, silly. :smallwink:

For me? being asked " I want to know why you did that!" and answering "Why? That's not half as interesting as how I got up here to begin with. :smallbiggrin:"

Terumitsu
2010-11-19, 04:32 PM
My old RL game group latched on to this phrase of mine when the munchkin tried to sneak some terribly bad cheese through:

"What? What? What is this? What have you given me?"

It was a case of unintentional theatrics and I've yet to hear the last of it.

ForzaFiori
2010-11-19, 04:41 PM
"but seriously dude, retards!" - used when you realize just how far off topic you've gotten. A friend of mine who is notorious for taking tangents went way off one time, and when I tried to get back to what were were talking about, that's what he said. I have no idea what he was talking about.

Quincunx
2010-11-19, 04:44 PM
At the moment. . ."DIBS!" Yes, an entire discussion about the rules of dibs. Have people had no childhoods. :smallsigh:

Nageto004
2010-11-19, 04:47 PM
"That's the incorrect plural." Said whenever, has nothing to do with actual plurals.

"Run like you got a pair." Used while trying to get achievements with people on XBL.

Obscurejones
2010-11-19, 04:48 PM
"My soul has a beard."
"You used to be a parallelogram is the new, you've got a pretty mouth."

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-19, 05:19 PM
At the moment. . ."DIBS!" Yes, an entire discussion about the rules of dibs. Have people had no childhoods. :smallsigh:

I learned about "dibs" sometime in my teens. Welcome to cultural variation.

I will probably have "Interesting" on my gravestone. Not simply because I say it a lot, but because it's likely the last thing I'll say.

For the most part, I go through quotes too quickly to have any of them be famous. Here's a recent example.

"It's like a chick flick without the romance" (in reference to an extremely short skit)

Dr.Epic
2010-11-19, 06:11 PM
"I have a PhD...in Epic-ness."

RandomNPC
2010-11-19, 07:18 PM
"Having fun yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

I'll also use some of the slang (and mandarin) from firefly, my faveorate by far is gorram.

Devmaar
2010-11-19, 07:21 PM
Said in the voice of my very best imitation of the woman on the maths tests we did in primary school:
"Well done. Now, turn the page, and continue failing your life."

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-19, 07:23 PM
I'll also use some of the slang (and mandarin) from firefly, my faveorate by far is gorram.

I do that frequently as well. I say "shiny" without even realizing it.

Winter_Wolf
2010-11-19, 07:41 PM
Pretty much *the* things I say to idiots who want to trade verbal jabs with me:
我不跟你吵。吵架不如打架。"Wo bu gen ni chao. Chao jia bu ru da jia." In English (roughly translated): "I'm not going to argue with you. Put up your fists or shut up your mouth."

来就来。不来,好闭嘴。 "Lai jiu lai. Bu lai, hao bi zui." Basically: "Come on, then. Put up or shut up."

Other things I'll say include:
"Violence is the answer a lot more often than people want to believe."

"I don't believe in using violence. Not on paying customers. Usually." We have fun at my school, I say that to my instructors and the dean. We all have a good laugh. Deep tissue therapy can be less than comfortable. :smalltongue:

Worlok
2010-11-19, 07:49 PM
"Yes, what is it?" - Whenever someone utters the phrase 'Oh my god'... :smallcool:

_Zoot_
2010-11-19, 07:52 PM
I do that frequently as well. I say "shiny" without even realizing it.

Same :smallbiggrin:

Hmmm, I have heard lots of funny things said, but I didn't say them so I will let others claim them, one of mine that just came up the other day:

"I bet the Adeptus Mechanicus doesn't have that problem." - Dropped the main gun of a Basilisk.

"If anything goes wrong, blame it on the haemogoblins" - Said as we were all walking into our final biology exam.

And one of my Fathers, said to me:

"I believe in the right of freedom of choice, you may do as I ask, or you may suffer".

Dr.Epic
2010-11-19, 07:54 PM

"We will call this land...this land." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxFrgql5dc&playnext=1&list=PLF9C68FD3759FDB0B&index=10)

CrimsonAngel
2010-11-19, 08:03 PM
"Yeah well, shut up." :smallyuk:

MeatShield#236
2010-11-19, 11:03 PM
"Yeah, and I'm the transvestite queen of England."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Ummm... yes?"

"And pigs will fly out of my bum."

Just a few of mine.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-19, 11:11 PM
"Because you only live once and if I pull this off, we'll never have to worry about running out of mini-wontons again, now turn up the Rick James!"

I'm not telling the circumstances that brought that one about. You have to guess.

Blue Ghost
2010-11-19, 11:33 PM
My catch phrase: "Good Morning!"
And if questioned about this, "It's always morning where I come from."

Orzel
2010-11-20, 06:25 AM
I forgot one.

"If you are assume everyone is evil, stupid, or greedy; you rarely get surprised."

Lady Moreta
2010-11-20, 06:51 AM
Oh my. I have so many of these, most from flatting:

“I’ve never burnt anything down on purpose” (good to know... I think)

“What, you want me to meow and purr as well? I could rub up against you” (yes I said that. No I don't remember why.)

“So you’re talking out of my ass” (said to me, by an old flatmate... who then followed it with:)

“You wish you were talking out of my ass” (to this day, he denies all knowledge and claims I just heard him wrong)

“I’m hungry for you” (said to me, once again by the same flatmate as before)

“Have we got a policy about couples in the flat?” (prompt response from the other guy in the flat)

absolmorph
2010-11-20, 07:03 AM
"Why not?"
If someone asks me why and I don't have a reason, am doing it for the lulz or just don't want to explain. And also a big part of my life philosophy.

"I'm naked!" and various alternative versions.
Pretty much a daily ritual, since I text or IM my friends a lot. So, I inform them when I'm taking a shower or am lacking clothes for whatever reason.

"I will lick you."
This is my default threat. Mostly because I'm willing to lick most people anyway, regardless of if I actually have some grievance that warrants making them feel weird because I licked them.

Drascin
2010-11-20, 07:19 AM
"Think of the average person. Alright, got it in your mind? Not too bright, isn't he? And now realize that for that to be the statistical average, a huge percentage of people have to be dumber than that. Keep that in mind"
A quote of mine I use whenever me and my mates see some show of mindbending stupidity somewhere.

"You know, I'd be happy if we were done with this before the Sun goes supernova"
An exasperated remark I use when people start arguing over what to do next so much that hours start to go by.

"Basically, yeah"
Standard agreement quote. I seem unable to just say "yes" or "no".

"Really, I only come into this "real world" of yours to visit you guys. The housing prices on cloud nine are wonderful, you know"
A quote I use very frequently, usually after having forgotten something that some would consider important, to note the fact that I rarely if ever think in the same wavelength as most people :smalltongue:.

"Optimal" or similar.
Another agreement quote - again, I seem to have trouble simply saying "Fine by me"

Blue Ghost
2010-11-20, 01:28 PM
"Why not?"
If someone asks me why and I don't have a reason, am doing it for the lulz or just don't want to explain. And also a big part of my life philosophy.

So you're an adherent of the Wynaut Principle, eh?
"The Wynaut Principle: All actions are equally valid until proven otherwise."