PDA

View Full Version : Whose voice?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-18, 09:32 AM
So, this thread is for the discussion of voice acting. More specifically, unexpected voice actors.

An example being that Neil Patrick Harris does the voice of "Amazing Spider-Man" in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

That...is very unexpected.

So, let's go! More voice acting discussions, please!

Prime32
2010-11-18, 09:41 AM
Who's voice?
"Who is voice?"? :smallconfused:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-18, 09:43 AM

...yes.

Stupid grammar errors...*grumble*

shiram
2010-11-18, 09:48 AM
Well alot of people might know this already, but Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) is the voice of the Joker in many animated Batman stories.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-18, 09:49 AM
Well alot of people might know this already, but Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) is the voice of the Joker in many animated Batman stories.

And in the Arkham Asylum game. And its still-to-come sequel.

He's also in KH: Birth by Sleep and Avatar: Last Airbender.

Sneak
2010-11-18, 10:43 AM
...yes.

Stupid grammar errors...*grumble*

Still not quite right. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-11-18, 10:45 AM
...yes.

Stupid grammar errors...*grumble*Psst. It's still there :smallwink:
Should be "Whose voice?"

I've had one recently... But I can't remember what it was. So I'll check. Huh... I thought it was How To Train Your Dragon, but I didn't find whatever it was I was thinking of, but instead I found out that David Tennant did one. There you go.

The Glyphstone
2010-11-18, 10:49 AM
I was quite surprised to hear that Mr. T was a voice actor for Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.

Mordaenor
2010-11-18, 11:03 AM

And he is, in my opinion the best Joker of all. :)

Abies
2010-11-18, 01:25 PM

The sad part of that story is that he's gone on record as saying that Arkham Asylum 2 is the last time he intends to do the voice for the Joker.

John Cribati
2010-11-18, 01:29 PM
I am utterly shocked at Grey Delisle's Range. From Azula to Emily Elizabeth? Shock!

Tazar
2010-11-18, 01:52 PM
Liam Neeson in Fallout 3 was a shock, if an entirely welcome one.

Felicia Day in Fallout: New Vegas was similarly surprising.

Maxios
2010-11-18, 01:54 PM
Matthew Parry voicing Benny in Fallout: New Vegas

The guy from castle voicing an ODST named Buck in Halo: ODST, and Halo: Reach

Joran
2010-11-18, 03:02 PM
Bioware tends to be very consistent with the voice actors they hire, moving them from project to project.

One example is Jennifer Hale: Dynaheir in Baldur's Gate 1, Mazzy in Baldur's Gate 2, Bastila Shan in Knights of the Old Republic, Commander Shepard (female) in Mass Effect 1 and 2.

I'm a big fan of hers.

Jahkaivah
2010-11-18, 03:02 PM

I AM VOICE

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Mystic Muse
2010-11-18, 03:05 PM
I am utterly shocked at Grey Delisle's Range. From Azula to Emily Elizabeth? Shock!

Azula is Emily elizabeth?

That's just really surprising for me. Don't know why. I guess just the contrast of the two characters.

Zen Monkey
2010-11-18, 03:07 PM
I like a lot of Keith David's voice-over character portrayals, and yet I haven't liked very many of his live action roles. Weird.

John Cribati
2010-11-18, 03:12 PM
I also think someone should Mash up Jake Long over Zuko. That would be epic lulz.

Iroh: No! Power in firebending comes from the breath. Not the muscles. The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire. Get it right this time.
Zuko: Yo! That's wack G!

Icewalker
2010-11-18, 03:19 PM
I was amused to discover that Mako (Uncle Iroh) is the narrator in Conan.

Also he's Aku in Samurai Jack. Awesome.

Joran
2010-11-18, 03:27 PM
I was amused to discover that Mako (Uncle Iroh) is the narrator in Conan.

Also he's Aku in Samurai Jack. Awesome.

Yeah, it's a pity he died during Season 2; I'd like to have seen more Iroh in Season 3.

Mako was also in Kung Fu: the Legend Continues, which is the only reason I knew who he was.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-18, 04:06 PM
The sad part of that story is that he's gone on record as saying that Arkham Asylum 2 is the last time he intends to do the voice for the Joker.

...really? Cause he's listed as being the Joker in DC Universe Online.

SaintRidley
2010-11-18, 11:11 PM
I AM VOICE

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

But then who was phone?

Kaiba and Brock being the same voice actor made me think of both shows in awesome new ways when I found out.

FoE
2010-11-18, 11:21 PM

He has to retire at some point.

Kaiba and Brock being the same voice actor made me think of both shows in awesome new ways when I found out.

Screw the rules, I'm in love with Nurse Joy!

Giggling Ghast
2010-11-18, 11:28 PM
Although there are a lot of great voice actors, I think in terms of range the king has to be Steve Blum. If I didn't know better, I would never have guessed that he's talking to himself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Pj_a-XZ9Y) right here.

Trazoi
2010-11-18, 11:32 PM
One example is Jennifer Hale: Dynaheir in Baldur's Gate 1, Mazzy in Baldur's Gate 2, Bastila Shan in Knights of the Old Republic, Commander Shepard (female) in Mass Effect 1 and 2.
And Fall-From-Grace in Planescape Torment. And Elena in Grandia II, Sheena in Tales of Symphonia, and so on. Plus Ms. Keane and Sedusa in the Powerpuff Girl amongst many, many other roles.

(And Mark Hamill had a cameo on the Powerpuff Girls as an evil cat.)

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-18, 11:42 PM
I also think someone should Mash up Jake Long over Zuko. That would be epic lulz.

Iroh: No! Power in firebending comes from the breath. Not the muscles. The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire. Get it right this time.
Zuko: Yo! That's wack G!

He was also Rufio in Hook.

hanzo66
2010-11-19, 02:38 AM
Mark Hamill also played an... "effeminate" robot, let's say, in "Time Squad". He also ironically plays the main characters' mentor figure in Birth By Sleep. Likewise, Leonard Nimoy was totally awesome in that game as Master Xehanort, in all of his growly, air-grasping glory.

The guy mentioned for Halo is Nathan Fillion, AKA Mal Reynolds, AKA Captain Hammer, AKA All-Around Awesome Dude.

Also, there's Nolan North, who does Drake from Uncharted, Desmond Miles of Assassin's Creed and Deadpool. He's also one of the guys on Yahtzee's S*** List.

Kris Strife
2010-11-19, 05:25 AM
Although there are a lot of great voice actors, I think in terms of range the king has to be Steve Blum. If I didn't know better, I would never have guessed that he's talking to himself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Pj_a-XZ9Y) right here.

I never noticed how much Gorim sounds like Roger Smith before. :smallbiggrin:

But yeah, Steve Blum is my favorite voice actor, he's been in just about everything.

Brother Oni
2010-11-19, 07:10 AM
But yeah, Steve Blum is my favorite voice actor, he's been in just about everything.

Surely that honour should go to Frank Welker?

Kris Strife
2010-11-19, 07:23 AM
Surely that honour should go to Frank Welker?

Which honor? My favorite VA or having been in almost everything?

Serpentine
2010-11-19, 07:29 AM
Blum has 388 entries as an actor in his IMDB. Frank Welker has 625.
I think Frank wins.
They're both in Transformers...

Kris Strife
2010-11-19, 07:38 AM
Blum has 388 entries as an actor in his IMDB. Frank Welker has 625.
I think Frank wins.
They're both in Transformers...

I didn't say he was in everything or that he was in more than anyone else. He's been in a lot of roles and they have a very wide range of settings and characters.

Serpentine
2010-11-19, 07:40 AM
I never said you did. It was the other guy who was talking about honours.

Brother Oni
2010-11-19, 07:46 AM
Which honor? My favorite VA or having been in almost everything?

I meant having been in just about everything.

I wouldn't presume to tell you who your favourite VA is. :smallbiggrin:

Kris Strife
2010-11-19, 07:58 AM
I meant having been in just about everything.

I wouldn't presume to tell you who your favourite VA is. :smallbiggrin:

More than one person can be in almost everything. Would just mean they've likely had roles alongside one another.

SDF
2010-11-19, 09:47 AM
The best part about Nathan Fillion in ODST was that they made the computer model look exactly like him. As he would order increasingly suicidal things throughout the game I would always respond, "Whatever you say Cap'n!"

Comet
2010-11-19, 09:51 AM
The best part about Nathan Fillion in ODST was that they made the computer model look exactly like him. As he would order increasingly suicidal things throughout the game I would always respond, "Whatever you say Cap'n!"

ODST is basically Firefly: the Game (with more war and aliens). Which is why I'm a bit sad I don't have a console to play it on.

Areswargod139
2010-11-19, 11:50 AM
Likewise, Leonard Nimoy was totally awesome in that game as Master Xehanort, in all of his growly, air-grasping glory.

Watch an old cartoon movie called The Halloween Tree, based off an old Ray Bradbury novel (Bradbury even narrates! Yeeee!). In it is a character Nimoy voices called Mr. Mounshroud. It's the same voice as Master Xehanort. When I first played KH:BbS, I was like "Holy Crap it's Mr. Mounshroud!

shiram
2010-11-19, 12:09 PM
Elisa Dushku, Jaime Preslly, Tera Patrick and Neil Patrick Harris lent their voices for Saints Row 2. Pretty cool game too.

Abies
2010-11-19, 01:02 PM
Elisa Dushku, Jaime Preslly, Tera Patrick and Neil Patrick Harris lent their voices for Saints Row 2. Pretty cool game too.

That Tera Patrick? I'm not sure I could identify her voice, her performances don't usually have very many coherent speaking lines.

shiram
2010-11-19, 01:13 PM
Yup the one, but i think she only appears in a DLC, so i have not heard her...

cho_j
2010-11-19, 02:01 PM
Tom Kenny is everyone, ever! You're probably being voiced by him right now.

I mean, seriously. Narrator and Professor and many minor character on the PowerPuff Girls, Spongebob, Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown, Eduardo on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Yancy Fry from Futurama, several KND villains, Cupid on the Fairly Odd Parents...

The man does not run out of range. Crazy.