PDA

View Full Version : Town Hall II [OOC]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

NecroPaladin
2007-05-22, 06:44 PM
This makes me very very happy that KNAVES is an ally. Increasingly so. With this taken territory and the connections to AMEN and The Cult of the Dark, we're beginning to establish our very own little police state...

I also love the IC spear of destiny bit, because we really needed a way to negate god characters without just going, "NO THAT DOESN'T WORK! FNEH!"

AmberVael
2007-05-22, 08:18 PM
I like the idea, but once I got to the understanding that he intended on nixing epic level character powers as well, I got a little upset with it.
Seriously, the Town ECL is 25-30. Killing epic powers kills practically everyone.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-22, 08:23 PM
Or just brings them to NPC level. It's actually an interesting concept...They have to rely on their brains to survive, not god powers.

Nevrmore
2007-05-22, 08:26 PM
What would that do to Plot? I mean...considering that he's not even a real being, would it still affect him?

NecroPaladin
2007-05-22, 08:27 PM
Plot, due to the whole nature of the place and the plotline within, would likely become all evil and fascist-y. But I doubt he'd change power-wise, and he still wouldn't really do much to other characters.

J_Muller
2007-05-22, 09:16 PM
I like the idea, but once I got to the understanding that he intended on nixing epic level character powers as well, I got a little upset with it.
Seriously, the Town ECL is 25-30. Killing epic powers kills practically everyone.

I may have been a bit too harsh there, I admit. The intended effect is to negate people with an unbalancing amount of power. Gods, ECL 40+ people, etc.

Though I think you overestimate the proportion of Townies who are ECL 20+. Or maybe it's just that you interact with different people than I do. Perhaps, though, the statisitics might change if we only counted one each for you and Iames.

wxdruid
2007-05-24, 05:23 AM
In terms of the Council, I'm in favor of making it IC and more of a welcome to Town committee. However...(I may or may not be Mayor for much longer) so I think we should vote after the new Council members and Mayor is finalized. Whoever the new Mayor is can put it to a vote of the council next week. Is everyone in favor? or against this idea...

Exachix
2007-05-24, 05:38 AM
In terms of the Council, I'm in favor of making it IC and more of a welcome to Town committee. However...(I may or may not be Mayor for much longer) so I think we should vote after the new Council members and Mayor is finalized. Whoever the new Mayor is can put it to a vote of the council next week. Is everyone in favor? or against this idea...

Yeah... We have to sort out the current voting thing first...

On that topic... Thank you all who have voted..
and all who will..

Deadly
2007-05-24, 05:59 AM
I'm in favor. Always best to take one thing at a time.

AmberVael
2007-05-24, 07:41 AM
Sounds good to me.

Castaras
2007-05-24, 11:33 AM
Aye, sounds good to me as well.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-24, 02:32 PM
*dusts off his mental character concept sheets*

Alright, well after a looong absence (absense? eh forget it), I'm considering coming back to The Town. I've thought about it and decided it was best to let the majority of my characters go... just too many of them.
Now to the point. To kick off my return, I've been considering doing a large-scale Zerg invasion (how could I not? especially with SCII on the way). Now, I havent RPed for a while, so I'm open to suggestions on how to do this, I do have a basic structure and plot forming in my head though.
None of my characters would actively participate in this, except maybe the zergling (duh), in case that would affect anything...

Again, just asking if anyone has any ideas to help, if not, that's okay, just thought I'd put it out there, since this would be rather... huge.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-24, 06:11 PM
Aye, sounds good to me as well.

Agreed. I don't see it as too much of a popularity contest, though...

Warpfire
2007-05-24, 10:01 PM

Alright, well after a looong absence (absense? eh forget it), I'm considering coming back to The Town. I've thought about it and decided it was best to let the majority of my characters go... just too many of them.
Now to the point. To kick off my return, I've been considering doing a large-scale Zerg invasion (how could I not? especially with SCII on the way). Now, I havent RPed for a while, so I'm open to suggestions on how to do this, I do have a basic structure and plot forming in my head though.
None of my characters would actively participate in this, except maybe the zergling (duh), in case that would affect anything...

Again, just asking if anyone has any ideas to help, if not, that's okay, just thought I'd put it out there, since this would be rather... huge.

Sounds cool. Some people may be irritable due to the many 'destroy the world' plots that have been going on, but it still looks interesting.

One thing your going to look at (if you haven't already), if you don't want the Zerg to be annihilated immediately, is preventing all the psionics involved in commanding a Zerg army from being interfered with. With all the psionics/wizards running around, that'll be a problem if you don't find a way to counter it.

You might also want to consider getting other people involved in controlling the Zerg.

On an entirely unrelated note, I believe I just slew the KNAVES thread.

J_Muller
2007-05-24, 10:26 PM

Sounds alright. I know the Fourth Empire guys will have lots of fun blowing away hordes of Zerglings...

And I'd support the Council becoming an IC "welcome to the Town" thing. I wouldn't even mind if they tried being more of an IC government, though IC-wise the Fourth Empire might have a few things to say about competing groups. And by "have a few things to say about competing groups" I of course mean "try to blow up their headquarters.":smallamused:

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-25, 12:06 AM
One thing your going to look at (if you haven't already), if you don't want the Zerg to be annihilated immediately, is preventing all the psionics involved in commanding a Zerg army from being interfered with. With all the psionics/wizards running around, that'll be a problem if you don't find a way to counter it.

Hadn't thought of that... I assumed that the Overmind had such utter mental dominance over the broods that it wouldnt come up... I'll have to think about that. I'll do some research and see if I can work it into the intro.

Warpfire
2007-05-25, 12:09 AM
Hadn't thought of that... I assumed that the Overmind had such utter mental dominance over the broods that it wouldnt come up... I'll have to think about that. I'll do some research and see if I can work it into the intro.

Yeah, but someone could still step in and interrupt all the messages being sent to the Zerg. And then they'd go all ape****.

And what about other people sharing control of the Zerg? *wants to play a Zerg Cerebrate and his brood*

And I'm assuming this would take place after Brood War?

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-25, 12:20 AM
Yeah, but someone could still step in and interrupt all the messages being sent to the Zerg. And then they'd go all ape****.

And what about other people sharing control of the Zerg? *wants to play a Zerg Cerebrate and his brood*

And I'm assuming this would take place after Brood War?

Either during or after BW, yeah.

Ummm... I'm dry of ideas right now, I was planning to have 2-3 Cerebrates and for the Garm and Jormungand broods to show up, but maybe it could more of a mix of elite and numbers broods like the Tiamat and Surtur with more cerebrates that could (after much effort) be up for controlling... too bad Gorn died or the Baelrog could be there too. Cannibalistic zerglings ftw.

Of course I might just be showing my santa-dm side and only catering to what people say. /shrug

EDIT: my logic being that an elite-ish brood's cerebrate would need to be more skilled and powerful to harness it's underlings, therefor would be harder to disrupt.

wxdruid
2007-05-25, 05:38 AM
Sounds alright. I know the Fourth Empire guys will have lots of fun blowing away hordes of Zerglings...

And I'd support the Council becoming an IC "welcome to the Town" thing. I wouldn't even mind if they tried being more of an IC government, though IC-wise the Fourth Empire might have a few things to say about competing groups. And by "have a few things to say about competing groups" I of course mean "try to blow up their headquarters.":smallamused:

In terms of the HQ it's the OOC Town Hall or the OOC/IC Courthouse. :smallamused:

and the zergling horde, it sounds like you're starting to get things worked out so it'll be more interesting than just a horde invading Town. I have to agree with J Muller, it could be interesting if Fourth Empire and the zerglings met....

hehe

Warpfire
2007-05-25, 11:58 AM
Either during or after BW, yeah.

Ummm... I'm dry of ideas right now, I was planning to have 2-3 Cerebrates and for the Garm and Jormungand broods to show up, but maybe it could more of a mix of elite and numbers broods like the Tiamat and Surtur with more cerebrates that could (after much effort) be up for controlling... too bad Gorn died or the Baelrog could be there too. Cannibalistic zerglings ftw.

Of course I might just be showing my santa-dm side and only catering to what people say. /shrug

EDIT: my logic being that an elite-ish brood's cerebrate would need to be more skilled and powerful to harness it's underlings, therefor would be harder to disrupt.

That should work.

Also, what do you mean by 'after much effort'? :smallconfused: Just to make sure we're on the same page here, I was referring to people taking the roles of the Cerebrates and playing them to help the plot along. Not characters physically taking control of the Cerbrates.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-25, 02:14 PM
Ooooooh, okay, that's what you meant, I assumed you meant characters controlling them. (I'm isnt stupid, I sware)

That'd probably work as well, although determining who gets what may sew some chaos.

But then again if we didnt want Chaos we wouldnt be in The Town, would we?

Warpfire
2007-05-25, 02:20 PM
Exactly. :smallbiggrin: And I understand the confusion. No worries.

You'd probably want 2-3 Cerebrate PCs at most, if you did that. Possibly some people running around with individual, more powerful Zerg.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-25, 02:23 PM
Torrasque came into my mind when you said that... that's also a possibility, although Cerebrate-PCs make more sense to me.

Warpfire
2007-05-25, 02:35 PM
Yeah...any PC Zerg would have to have independent sentience, like with Infested Kerrigan.

But you do need to get the Torrasque involved. :smallbiggrin:

You may want to open up an OOC 'gauging interest' thread for the plot, to help find people to play Cerebrates.

Nevrmore
2007-05-25, 03:43 PM
That's how I do things with Kaio Fyta and his army of undead. He has Ebola and Leprosy (and sometimes the as-of-yet unnamed orc) to help control them.

blackout
2007-05-28, 03:01 AM
Wow. What's with all the 'end of the world/universe' plots as of late?

:smallamused: Somebody trying to pull a WoD Apocalypse?
(WoD resulted in SEVERAL different groups of supernatural beings all seeing signs of their version of the apocalypse as others. )

Wukei
2007-05-28, 11:22 AM
Okay, I was asked to repeat this suggestion here, so I shall:

This is a quick way to handle voting. (I'm going to do this in examples so that it will be read a little easier [hopefully]

People are nominated for both council and mayor between May 1st and May 15th. The final ballot is as shown:

Mayor:
Gwen
Trog
Lykan
Necropaladin

Council:
Trog
Lykan
Wukei
Exachix
Vael

As you can see, two people are listed for mayor and council both. As someone voted the mayor overrules someone voted onto the council, we should first run a vote for mayor. So people vote for mayor between May 16th and May 18th.

Lykan wins.

So, now the ballot that goes in is as follows:

Council:
Trog
Wukei
Exachix
Vael

From May 19th to May 21st people are allowed to vote for as many council seats as need filling.

This cuts down on time between votes, and anyone voted for mayor that didn't make it will get just as many votes (if not more) for council. It's a smoother running voting system, and people don't have to waste votes on council if their councilmember makes mayor instead.

Nevrmore
2007-05-28, 01:23 PM
Wow. What's with all the 'end of the world/universe' plots as of late?

:smallamused: Somebody trying to pull a WoD Apocalypse?
(WoD resulted in SEVERAL different groups of supernatural beings all seeing signs of their version of the apocalypse as others. )
There's going to be a few more by me soon, but they are all working to an end, trust me. :)

Warpfire
2007-05-28, 01:32 PM
No pun intended?

Nevrmore
2007-05-28, 01:33 PM
Right, no pun intended.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-28, 01:37 PM
Well technically this is a "take over the world" plot, not a "destroy the world" plot. :smalltongue: Not that that's any better, but... (even then it's shakey, assimilation could actually go either way)

Alright, once I sort out all of the details I'll make a thread about it gauging interest for PC Cerebrates. It should be within the next couple of days.

Warpfire
2007-05-28, 08:01 PM
Well technically this is a "take over the world" plot, not a "destroy the world" plot. :smalltongue: Not that that's any better, but... (even then it's shakey, assimilation could actually go either way)

Alright, once I sort out all of the details I'll make a thread about it gauging interest for PC Cerebrates. It should be within the next couple of days.

Alright, cool.

Suggestion for beginning stages of the invasion: zergling rush on Trog's. :smallbiggrin:

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-28, 08:18 PM
Oooh...you have my attention! I'd be interested in a cerebrate...

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-28, 09:06 PM
Alright, cool.

Suggestion for beginning stages of the invasion: zergling rush on Trog's. :smallbiggrin:

That made my day.

:biggrin:

Warpfire
2007-05-29, 12:45 AM
That made my day.

:biggrin:

I try.

ZOMG FILLER

The_Chilli_God
2007-05-29, 11:26 PM
Hm, I'm just wondering something.

Does the Town have any sort of daily or weekly Newspaper or Newsletter available for those who want to catch up quickly on certain events?
I'm guessing not, otherwise it would be more accessible.

If 'not' is indeed the case, then I think I've found something fit for a "Gauging Interest" topic. :smallamused:

wxdruid
2007-05-30, 05:18 AM
There have been a few attempts at newspapers and such, they usually don't last very long, so if you want to keep it going you'll have to figure out how.

Also we have three proposed changes, one to the election system and two for the council.

the one for the election system is from Wukei (and I think it's a very good suggestion)

This is a quick way to handle voting. (I'm going to do this in examples so that it will be read a little easier [hopefully]

People are nominated for both council and mayor between May 1st and May 15th. The final ballot is as shown:

As you can see, two people are listed for mayor and council both. As someone voted the mayor overrules someone voted onto the council, we should first run a vote for mayor. So people vote for mayor between May 16th and May 18th.

Lykan wins.

From May 19th to May 21st people are allowed to vote for as many council seats as need filling.

This cuts down on time between votes, and anyone voted for mayor that didn't make it will get just as many votes (if not more) for council. It's a smoother running voting system, and people don't have to waste votes on council if their councilmember makes mayor instead.

and from Exachix,

Hmm...

Now... this could be a very very silly idea...

But what if the council was IC too? It makes sense for a town to have a 'town council' and this would also fulfill the IC Mayoral roll too.

However, keep The voting OOC.... easier that way =).

and also have them play more of a roll in Welcoming new people to Town

and then the Topic of Magic Transparency and the role of gods in Town (which is probably more controversial than the previous topics.)

Any other comments before I call the council to a vote?

Wukei
2007-05-30, 11:31 AM
I'd like to run something by, sorta a 'gauging interest' sorta thing:

I want everyone to give up their godpowers for a storyline. Those that have gotten bored with their godpowers can give them up for good, those that haven't can get them back at the end of the storyline. Not everyone has to participate, but I think it'd help.

I think what scares a lot of people from joining the Town is the fact that every single person here seems to be muy powerful. It's a bit overwhelming. I'd like to run a storyline where there's only a small group of powerful beings that the Town has to fight. I'd like those beings to be either run by council members or people that have been here the longest that people trust to not godmod the whole thing.

What we really need to do is find a way to invite people to join us for that storyline. People from outside the Town that want to sorta get their feet wet, but don't want any obligation to stay if they don't feel comfortable in playing.

I've noticed the Town waning, and it should liven up quite a bit if we can show some that not every person in Town is powerful. I mean, even Llama's a god now...so it's a bit scary. I gotta admit, even I wanted Wu to have her powers back so that I'd be safe from the run of the mill person that I didn't know here.

So, it's up to the Town as a whole if they want to round up their powers for a storyline and toss them aside, and just be normal people. Think of it as the Dark Times for the Town. Hopefully we'll gather some attention from people that would like to play. I think it would be good PR between those of the Town that have been here for a while, and those that would like to be newcomers.

wxdruid
2007-05-30, 12:29 PM
I would be interested with almost any one of my characters. I don't think you want the outright evil Jaric... and he wouldn't be interested.

Deadly
2007-05-30, 01:26 PM
I like that idea, Wukei (if I actually managed to understand what you meant, which isn't certain, since my mind is bleeding from too much studying :smallsigh:)

I've been working on a plot recently, which is currently paused, that would allow people to get rid of their god character if they wanted. Either permanently or just temporary. I was planning to contact some people before the actual plot kicked off, and ask if they would be willing to play along and give up their gods. My thought was that this might serve as a good example, and maybe get more people to consider decreasing the power of their characters.

Since I'm currently too busy do do anything but lurk and post a few sporadic posts, it's going to be a while before I get that far, though.

If I get that far, that is... I'm currently rather tempted to just throw out most, or all, of my characters and plots and start over.

Wukei
2007-05-30, 01:40 PM
Perhaps, if avatarists would be willing, we can offer special adventure avatars for those who participate in the storyline?

AmberVael
2007-05-30, 02:14 PM
I'd be willing to participate, though I'm honestly not sure how much Aesa would change if she wasn't a goddess. :smalltongue:

The_Chilli_God
2007-05-30, 02:19 PM
Urgh, forget the newspaper idea. If it's failed in the past, I don't want to add to that list.

Well, my only god in here is Dinony (read: me), but I always keep his god-powers down to the absolute minimum in the first place. Mind you, it would be interesting to participate nonetheless. Dinony could perhaps help those who might need accustoming to the loss of godness, since he's used to it.

I could even help with the avvies.

...Anything!

Wukei
2007-05-30, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm not saying that everyone has to enter a god character into this. I'm just saying that we need to be pretty low-level characters for it to work. To not scare off the new people, make people feel they're welcome to join...all that.

wxdruid
2007-05-30, 02:25 PM
Do you have an idea on a range of levels? Would give me an idea who would work from the char list. Mine range from 6th up to 35th.

Wukei
2007-05-30, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking around 15th level to 20th, probably. Not too small a level, but definitely a more reasonable level.

Raistlin1040
2007-05-30, 04:16 PM
If Ekrath comes back to life before you launch the plot Wu, I'd have him join. He *is* a god and very strong, but I can say that having his soul stolen severely weakened him temporarily.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-30, 04:18 PM
I'm fine with it. 'Twill be fun!

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-30, 04:40 PM
I'd be willing to dump a few characters down to that level. Of course, a few of them are already at that level, so...

J_Muller
2007-05-30, 05:05 PM
I like the idea of an event intended to draw newcomers into the Town--I've tossed it around myself, in fact, back when it looked like a third Guild War might be brewing.

As for the idea of it as something involving temporary/permanent loss of god powers... well, the FE won't exactly appreciate anyone holding a get-together on their turf, but OOC I have no objections. I just can't promise they won't show up with a bunch of soldiers.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-30, 09:25 PM
I have no insanely powerful characters (that are alive, anyway), but I still support the idea. Also, the Zerg invasion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45884) gauging interest thread is up.

Wukei
2007-05-31, 08:10 AM
I basically need a "council" of my own. Anyone that's willing to help by being villains, and such. To help me organize this.

I want people who are used to the Town and the way we've fought here.

I need any avatarists that are willing to make an avatar (sort of a trophy of participation).

I'm more than willing to look at any storylines that people think might work for this event, as I haven't come up with one of my own, quite yet (though I have some ideas.)

If you're interested in helping, please PM, IM, or E-mail me. The e-mail you'll most likely find me at is [email protected] .

Raistlin1040
2007-05-31, 10:12 PM
I could revive Dark Ekrath. Oh yeah. Blackguard/Favored Soul/Warlock fun. Count me in Wu!

wxdruid
2007-06-01, 04:26 PM
1. Changing the way we vote....from Wukei

Mayor:
Gwen
Trog
Lykan
Necropaladin

Council:
Trog
Lykan
Wukei
Exachix
Vael

Lykan wins.

Council:
Trog
Wukei
Exachix
Vael

2. From Exachix, the council taking a more active role IC in Town and being more welcoming to newcomers.

Hmm...

Now... this could be a very very silly idea...

But what if the council was IC too? It makes sense for a town to have a 'town council' and this would also fulfill the IC Mayoral roll too.

However, keep The voting OOC.... easier that way =).

and also have them play more of a roll in Welcoming new people to Town

3. A topic which no one has commented on since I originally posted this all.

and then the Topic of Magic Transparency and the role of gods in Town (which is probably more controversial than the previous topics.)

I call for a vote on the 3 topics, the third one I would like to hear comments, questions and ideas on a more concrete way to deal with this or if you think it will merge into the council taking a more active IC role.

All council members (and Townies who wish to add in their thoughts and ideas) please post in response to this post.

AmberVael
2007-06-01, 04:43 PM
1) It is a reasonable and good solution to a glaring problem we had.
I vote that it should be adopted.

2) I somewhat like the idea of an IC council, but the problem therein is that IC matters effect the OOC ones... it is really a tricky business.
I still stand by my suggestion that the Town council has a dedicated welcoming group of characters (which I note with chagrin was not listed despite people seeming to like the idea), but as for the actual council being IC... I'm really going to have to vote no. There are too many problems that could come up with this, and so unless someone is very convincing or has a suggestion that could make it work, I stand against the actual council being IC.

3) Magic Transparency.
No. This is a needless restriction of our role playing that honestly will not make a difference.
While all the people with said "unmagical magic" are indeed very powerful, it is not actually the nonmagical part of them that makes them so deadly- it is the fact that those who do work that sort of power always seem to be very high powered as it is.
I honestly doubt it would make a bit of difference if Aesa's Seid was magic or not. Putting in Supernatural Transparency will simply detract from the interest of those powers while not actually solving the problem.
You can still combat these powers, you just need to do it in a different way than "I dispel" or "antimagic," which actually ADDS to the interest by making it so people don't just spam the same thing over and over in an irritating and tiresome refrain.
Flat out 'no' from me. It is well intentioned, but will not do the job it is meant to do.

As for gods... give me a solution to the high level problem, and I'll consider doing something about it. As of the moment, no one has a suggestion as to how we can limit it, so there really isn't anything we can discuss.
I know I don't have ideas.

Exachix
2007-06-01, 04:49 PM
I agree with idea number one!
Should be better...

I agree with idea number two!
We help more in town... we assists in town as an IC council would!
and we need to help more new people.

Number 3
3.1 Topic of Magic Transparency:
I think... that Magic, Seid, weaving, Psionics, etc etc, should be transparent yes.
I'm sorry Vael, and Fenric, but Seid and SpellWeaving are both very very broken, and seemingly overpowerred... you're going to say that they are meant to be like that, but really really broken. *Wacks with Nerfstick*

3.2 Topic of the role of gods
What would be fun to do now would be something like the times of troubles. All the gods and dieties in town take on mortal avatars and have to live as they would. Because some god of town or something feels they arn't pulling their weight or something.
Wait.. Role of Gods... well, what is the role of gods? They are just deific beings that forward their means and objectives... maybe helping worshipers.

NecroPaladin
2007-06-01, 04:56 PM
I agree with idea number one!
Should be better...

I agree with idea number two!
We help more in town... we assists in town as an IC council would!
and we need to help more new people.

Agreed.

Number 3
I think... that Magic, Seid, weaving, Psionics, etc etc, should be transparent yes.
I'm sorry Vael, and Fenric, but Seid and SpellWeaving are both very very broken, and seemingly overpowerred... you're going to say that they are meant to be like that, but really really broken. *Wacks with Nerfstick*

Agreed. Sorry. When this isn't broken in the favor of the user, it simply encourages people to god-mod to get around it. Bad in both directions, and god-modding is a certainty.

3.2 Topic of the role of gods
What would be fun to do now would be something like the times of troubles. All the gods and dieties in town take on mortal avatars and have to live as they would. Because some god of town or something feels they arn't pulling their weight or something.
Wait.. Role of Gods... well, what is the role of gods? They are just deific beings that forward their means and objectives... maybe helping worshipers.

I was thinking Crazy Crabby Genesis. Either Gods could/should be forced to be mortals when in the Town, or they cannot/will not directly interact with the mortals. Think Nevrmore's "Plot."

J_Muller
2007-06-01, 05:19 PM
I agree with ideas 1 and 2.

I'm meh about idea 3.1, as if you can get your hands on an antimagic thingy, then getting your hands on an anti-Seid/SpellWeaving/whatever thingy shouldn't be too hard.

As for idea 3.2, an idea just struck me--it's hot off the brain-presses, so I haven't thought it over that much, but I was thinking that perhaps we might limit the power of gods depending on how many IC, in town worshipers they have. For example, someone like Iames, who has... well, however many worshipers (at least I think he has at least one that's not one of his characters) would be more powerful than someone like, say, Baron Law, who has no worshipers. In any event, we need to recommend limits on power. The ZoC is a rather simple solution to the problem, but a wider limitation would be hard to achieve IC unless everyone's okay with the FE blanketing the Town in a god-canceling effect. I've kept the size of the ZoC down for now, but it's not a major IC stretch for the Spear to cover the whole Town with the effect.

The Geomancer
2007-06-01, 05:24 PM
I was thinking Crazy Crabby Genesis. Either Gods could/should be forced to be mortals when in the Town, or they cannot/will not directly interact with the mortals. Think Nevrmore's "Plot."

Now thats something I can agree with.

As for Magic Transparency. It shouldn't limit Seid from being Seid. It should make it so magic affects Seid the same way it affects other magic.

AmberVael
2007-06-01, 06:49 PM
Number 3
Again, it is not the system, but the character. Maybe Aesa is overpowered, but that falls under "way powerful gods" and not "all powers should be magic."
Vera's magic, methinks, never really got to the broken point. And it was always Seid. No one has complained about her.

As for gods/overpowered characters/blah-
My thought is that there will never be accurate guidelines, so why try? Have the council determine who is overpowered on a case by case basis and "warn" them in the same fashion that Mods give infractions and warnings.
The process would be something like this, methinks-

1) Someone has a possibly overpowered character, and starts posting.
2) One or more of the council approach them OOC (or via PM) and 'warn' them.
Should they dispute, we got to
3) The 'trial' where the council votes on whether the character is overpowered or not. If they are, the Townie must tone down the character, or face the wrath of silent treatment (otherwise known as ignoring). Or some other punishment. Until they make it reasonable.

Fenric
2007-06-01, 06:58 PM
1 I vote yes for number one.

2 I vote no for number two: the council has always been OOC, and if we are to have any hope of retaining character-impartiality it needs to stay that way. A "designated welcoming committee" would be a better solution for that. Just make one!

3(a) Yes. I'm the one who suggested full transparency, after all. I agree with Vael that it is not strictly the problem. BUT I also think it is unfair for us to force everyone to have to think up clever ways around our plot elements. Frankly, it is vaguely god-modding on our part to insist they do. Anti-magic is unimaginative, yes: but it is also standard and expected.

3(b) This is pointless.
Gent isn't a god, and is the single most powerful person in Town. It's not the title, it is the attitude and style of play.
The immature god-modders who always have to win and never play along will continue to do that regardless of what we let them call their characters. We don't have the authority to actually deal with them, so we are eternally stuck working around them.
If you want to be able to start trouble in Trog's without getting stomped instantly, forget it: it's never been the case and never will be. The presence or absence of "god" characters has no material impact on that situation.
If you want to have Aesa along on an adventure and don't want her squishing your opposition as fast as it shows up... well... what did you expect? But she's not going to randomly show up, and if you bother to talk to Vael, you can get most anything sorted ahead of time.

Finally, if you want to have a believable "end of the Town" plot...

...I strongly suggest that you find something else to do. There is no such thing, and never will be. If gods are banned again and the threat is too powerful to be fun, then we'll just ignore you. It's happened before, and will likely happen again.

*** Edit:

And if we are going to get rid of gods, we need to get rid of pet dragons and super-high-tech enhancements as well. A big dragon is worse than a god, and anyone with a gun has reasons that it can outdo any defense.

Sophistemon
2007-06-01, 07:53 PM
Okay, here are my opinions, such as they are:

An In-Character Town Council: seemingly unnecessary. We have a Town rules thread; new players don't need someone else's character taking theirs by the hand and leading them about. They can read the thread, because that's why it's there.

Okay, I know that this is going to sound really, really biased because I play the Gent and all, but...

On the subject of Supernatural Transparency: No. A resounding, echoing no. This has been said before, and I agree with it. Imagine how boring our 'epic' arcane/psionic/divine magic/binding/true speech/etc battles would be if everything were effected by the same rules:

Wizard McFireballer: I cast Fireball.
Smarty MacPsion: I dispel it with... a dispelling power. I use Mind Thrust.
Wizard McFireballer: Dispelled. I cast-
Worship St. Cleric: Hey, can I join in?
Wizard McFireballer: -Magic Missle at the cleric.
Worship St. Cleric: My god... uh... dispels it.

Boring boring boring! I wholeheartedly support making people think their way around things, so long as it isn't impossible to do so. If it were, it would be godmodding, and the higher-ups know how to deal with that.

Gods and Other Overpowered Characters: Yeah. Here's where I sound biased. I know that there are many stupidly overpowered characters in the Town. Some of them, like [name removed to prevent a lasting, bitter feud] play their characters... poorly. These are the godmodders and, let's face it, they're unavoidable. Some people play to 'win' no matter what, even if it deprives other players of their enjoyment of the game. Does this mean that all very powerful characters should be 'toned down'? I don't think so. I've seen non-god characters godmod more than the actual god characters. Toning down the gods won't prevent godmodding, it will just weaken a character that, in most cases, has earned his or her power through more than a few months of active playing.

wxdruid
2007-06-02, 02:35 PM
Sophistemon, please vote on number 1 for redoing the elections

and we're just waiting to hear from Deadly (Ilias)

Deadly
2007-06-02, 02:44 PM
Let's see if I can gather some meaningful thoughts on any of this, then...

1. Sounds like a good solution to me. I'm for this change.

2. I don't think the counsil should be IC either, but I like the idea of a welcoming group, provided that it doesn't just end up as some half-hearted "Hi, welcome to Town, have a nice day" group. The point should always be to help newcomers get integrated into some groups and perhaps a plot, to get them started, not just to greet them.

3a. I don't really think transparency is the proper solution. The only character I have now who uses an alternative form of "magic", is Cali. She can be affected by most magic/psionics without any problems. Despite being a robot in some sense, she's not immune to mind affecting, draining, death effects or anything else, it all affects her more or less normally. She can also be healed just fine by magic means. But I honestly can't come up with any logical reason why an antimagic field would affect her or her "supernatural" abilities, since that'd mean the laws of physics would stop working in that field as well.

And I don't think that's a problem. The problem, as I see it, is more related to times where magic or supernatural effects on a larger scale (not just a single kind of spell or something like that) is claimed to not work in an area or against a specific character. The (atleast at a time) growing trend to say things like "Magic doesn't affect me at all, ever" or "I can't be healed by magic means, ever" is what tends to annoy me, not when someone says stuff like "You can't dispell this, because it's not regular magic, you need to find some other way around it". That kind of thing, unless abused (which anything can be), can add a lot of flavor and fun.

I'm not very fond of antimagic fields and similar things, and I'm not fond of magic/supernatural abilities not working in general. Fire immunity, immunity to a certain kind of spell, and similarly limited immunities or resistances are fine, but anything beyond that honestly tends to be frustrating. Transparency wouldn't solve that.

Instead of transparency I just want to suggest that people limit things like immunities and antimagic/antiwhatever fields, especially long lasting or even permanent ones. That's really all I need to be happy in this regard.

3b. As for the god/power discussion, I'm honestly not sure anymore. On one hand, I'd like to ban anything that could be considered godlike or overly powerful, in essence anything that could be considered similar to a character above level 30. But I realise that's not really a possibility. On the other hand we've had some fun plots and stories involving gods or godlike beings, although now that everyone and their mother is godlike, those moments are getting rare I think.

In the end I think my conclusion is that we can't do anything but try our hardest to be good examples to others, and hope the example is followed.

wxdruid
2007-06-04, 11:09 AM
In regards to number one, it passed, the voting system will be changed.

In regards to number two, it failed the council will remain OOC

In regards to number three, it was a tie and I don't see it as fixing the problem so it doesn't pass.

Any other questions?

Raistlin1040
2007-06-05, 10:14 PM
*snip*
Some of them, like [name removed to prevent a lasting, bitter feud] play their characters... poorly.
*snip*
Not talking about me are you buddy? :smallamused:

Penguinizer
2007-06-13, 01:07 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water. Penguinizer's forgotten campaign might re-surface. Depending if I feel like it.

AmberVael
2007-06-27, 06:18 PM
Due to certain new activities that I have engaged in, I will probably be absent from Town for most of the time.
Therefore, I am resigning from my post as council member.
-Vael

Fenric
2007-06-27, 06:57 PM
I am also resigning my council seat as I am no longer able to be active on this board.

Additionally, someone else will need to take over the character directory.

Farewell.

Fenric

Deadly
2007-06-28, 04:03 AM
I too regrettably have to resign myself from the counsil.

Someone else will also have to take over the Town Directory, as I don't feel I have the time to keep it fully up to date

Raistlin1040
2007-06-28, 05:14 PM
I as well must resign from my council position. Please, try not to cry.

Vhaidara
2007-06-28, 05:17 PM
I think we need another election. More than half the council has officially resigned, leaving only El J, whom doesn't post in the Town much, and Trog, who recently started posting a bit more.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-28, 05:20 PM
*Raises hand* I nominate Sneak!

Vhaidara
2007-06-28, 05:21 PM
I thought you weren't posting here anymore:smalltongue: .

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-28, 05:25 PM
*Trots in and sits in Fenric's spot. Brown fur immediately appears over ther fluffy wool.*

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/werefox.gif
"WOOOT! Top fox in Town!!"

Vhaidara
2007-06-28, 05:27 PM
I nominate the llama.

Nightwing
2007-06-28, 05:27 PM
I nominate Book boy!

thehothead
2007-06-28, 05:36 PM
I second the Llama

Dartonus
2007-06-28, 05:46 PM
I nominate V TPBM V for the sake of randomness!

Nightwing
2007-06-28, 05:52 PM
Yeah! I got nominated!

thehothead
2007-06-28, 05:53 PM
Dartonus, What have you done?

LordVader
2007-06-28, 06:01 PM
((Dartonus, why would you put a godmodder on the council?:smalleek:))
I un-nominate Nightwing.:smalltongue:

J_Muller
2007-06-28, 06:03 PM
I nominate... oh boy. Who to choose, who to choose. Llama's already nominated... I'll hold off on nominating someone for now.

Also, Dartonus... no. Just no.

Nightwing
2007-06-28, 06:04 PM
I got nominated! I got Nominated! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Looser!

J_Muller
2007-06-28, 06:07 PM
I got nominated! I got Nominated! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Looser!

Reason #2 not to vote for Nightwing.

Nightwing
2007-06-28, 06:08 PM
I zap you with my god moddy ness! Ha ha ha! die!

Dartonus
2007-06-28, 06:08 PM
And now, I un-nominate Nightwing and give it to thehothead, who, if you look at theposts in reverse chronological order, is TPBM, and thus the real TPBM is...

Today @ 6:36 PM. Congrats on your nomination, today!

But seriously... that was meant as a joke. I would never nominate a random person. I'm not that crazy.:smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-28, 07:48 PM
I appreciate the nominations, but they are unneccessary. I have performed a military coup. Think of it. I'm the last Inari worshipper here and I had Fenric's seat before he got the spot. I am Fenric 2.0!!!!

This is the dawning of a new age! I demand carrot tributes!! Many carrot tributes. Baby Carrots will work, though, so don't panick. Carrot cake is also acceptable.

Draken
2007-06-28, 08:26 PM
I nominate J_Muller.

Well, the guy is good.

Also, can Llama take over Fenrics? I'm ok with it.

wxdruid
2007-06-29, 05:51 AM
El J and Trog are no longer on the council, please check the Welcome to Town thread for an updated list. If you wish to start filling seats, I suggest you start a new thread and have it stickied.

LordVader
2007-06-29, 02:50 PM
Just letting you know, I will be posting intermittently, at best, throughout the summer. When school starts, I'll be able to post more often.

J_Muller
2007-06-29, 04:42 PM
I nominate J_Muller.

Eh, sure.

How many open slots does that make?

Draken
2007-06-29, 06:28 PM
There are three seats, we need at least three indications if we want to get people just... placed, at least four to have an election.

bakertheorc
2007-06-30, 12:44 AM
you could nominate ive been readin this whole thing for 8 hours

thehothead
2007-06-30, 12:48 AM
I nominate Draken. He's intelligent, and I would feel guilty about nominating myself.

Draken
2007-06-30, 01:13 AM
Thanks. I really appreciate your words.

Also, it's not possible to nominate yourself, it's in the rules. at http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740

By the way, I think we should do as wxdruid said and open a thread for these nominations. This tópic will end up a bit to flooded.

thehothead
2007-06-30, 01:18 AM
Theres also the fact that I would prefer you to J_muller. People who think up neo-nazi's ring minor alarm bells in my head. (I have my eyes on you J_Muller.)

J_Muller
2007-06-30, 03:34 AM
Theres also the fact that I would prefer you to J_muller. People who think up neo-nazi's ring minor alarm bells in my head. (I have my eyes on you J_Muller.)

1. Some people think up gods and play them. In 40k canon, the Imperial Guard is at least as bad as the Nazis, what with the whole "Heretics? KILL EVERYONE ON THAT PLANET!" thing. Go on, have a field day with Iames, Fenric, wxdruid, LordVader... I could go on.

2. It's fiction.

blackout
2007-06-30, 01:00 PM
I nominate...NO ONE! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...Nah, seriously, I second the nomination of Draken.

LordVader
2007-06-30, 02:02 PM
I completely agree with J Muller on the whole neo-Nazis thing. However, the Imperial Guard are by no means "Nazis", J Muller is incorrect in that assumption. First of all, Exterminatus is the last resort, not the first.

Secondly, heretics seek to destroy the entire universe, summon daemons, and doom everyone to an eternity in hell. Thus, they are justified in killing them and any associates, to save the lives of many. Where with the Nazis, they just killed Jews for no reason.

Thirdly, they don't kill everyone on the planet unless it is completely overrun and there is no hope left for it's surviving.I'm ashamed to have to quote Tau doctrine here, but they sacrifice those few "for the Greater Good".:smallyuk: Usually, they just kill the heretics and any associates they may have had. There's no comparison to what the Nazis did.
((I feel sick even typing that.:smalltongue:))
Thus, don't make assumptions like that, please, J Muller. You have the wrong picture.

blackout
2007-06-30, 02:39 PM
Well, the Imperial Guard are hardly better. The entire Imperium is made up of whacko zealots, the worst of which are in charge of everything.

"OVERWHELM THEM WITH MANY IN USELESS ARMOR!" "But we'll suffer too many casualties!" "Commissar, kill that man. No one questions me, for I am the Emperor's will incarnate!"

Yeah, their not Nazis, and their actually doing some good in the 40K universe, but there are better ways to do the same thing. :smalltongue:

Cathrindir
2007-06-30, 02:52 PM
I nominate...who to choose, who to choose...
LordVader.

J_Muller
2007-06-30, 03:41 PM
My point was that in terms of being nutjob fascist zealots, the IG are hardly better than the FE are. I try to skirt the whole genocide thing with the FE. Also, it should be remembered that, after all, the FE are villains. They're bad guys, and act like it.

Furthermore, if my excitement vis-a-vis acquiring some automata for the purposes of assembling squads of Space Nazi Robot Stormtroopers(TM) didn't tip you off, I purposefully play them over-the-top and even tongue-in-cheek where possible. I mean, they're Space Nazis. They're supposed to be ludicrous.

Rebonack
2007-06-30, 08:27 PM
They have space zeppelins and people are taking them seriously?

Oo

I nominate...

>.>

*NINJA VANISH!!*

Lord Magtok
2007-06-30, 09:17 PM
I'd like to be nominated. I'm sure I'm more than qualified for the job. I joined the Town around the same time as the notorious Gemini, have steered clear of godmodding, and was part of the police force until shortly after the April Fools Day bombing.

J_Muller
2007-06-30, 09:48 PM
Ah, here we go. I nominate Magtok.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-30, 10:08 PM
Due to being incredibly paranoid, I've decided to pre-emptively argue against all possible things that might be brought up to get me un-nominated. Starting with godmodding.

Q. Magtok, don't you AMENites godmod all the time? How can you claim to be agaisnt godmodding when you do it all the time?
A: Yes, we do. But our way of doing it is completely different. Here, let me show you a slightly altered verison of something I said recently in AMEN.

...There are several kinds of godmodding in AMEN and the Town I've observed.

1. The lazy god-modder: This is an almost excuseable kind of godmodding, which involves forgetting or being to lazy to add the word "attempt" to a post. eg: Instead of Bob attempts to cut off your arm, the post says Bob cuts off your arm. I dislike this form of godmodding, but I'm willing to excuse it if the offender apologizes when confronted about their actions.

2. The humorous godmodder: A kind seen often in AMEN, where the god-modding isn't an attempt to annoy and anger other players, but merely to do funny things, like shoving my head into a beehive, Rebonack's infamous rhesus monkey, or using love potion on someone to mess with their mind. I approve of this kind of godmodding, because the characters are never permanently killed off, and your character's badass-ness remains unharmed.

3. The a**hole godmodder: The guy who is godmodding in an attempt to win a fight, get the upper hand in a duel, etc. They just blatantly ignore the rules, believing they are above the forum's laws. I disapprove of this kind of godmodding, because all it does it make people avoid you.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-30, 10:12 PM
Tolerance for godmodding? At least he's honest about his opinions rather then the typical politician going whichever way he thinks people will vote for him.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-30, 10:18 PM
If you really think that, then you should nominate me, Kelly.

Anyways, back to arguing against my nonexistent enemies...

Q: You say you're against overpowered people, but Magtok has a loyal robot army that will do anything for him, and he's got all of those guns and stuff.

A: Yes, but that really amounts to very little, as he's always been too lazy to do anything threatening to the Town, and I go out of my way to make him underpowered. Last AMEN thread, he tripped and his face got caught in a beartrap. How many other players do you know who'd willing to make their favorite character suffer like that?

Also, the robots are extremely fragile, and can easily be smashed and destroyed by just about anyone. Now stop trying to make me look bad.

blackout
2007-06-30, 10:25 PM
I nominate Magtok, for he is smart.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-30, 10:36 PM
Thank you, blackout. If AMEN ever manages to invade the Town, (we've already tried twice, and got bored before we could do anything. I doubt we'll ever manage to get an attack organized.) I'll try to spare your characters.

Q: Magtok, when you first joined the Town, you were a lousy RPer. Magtok wasn't that villainous or cool, that robot guy was an annoying serial killer which probably got on Iame's nerves, and that hero guy was a frickin' Jedi/secret agent/rogue cop who could fly.

A: That was all the way back in winter. I've changed since then. I got rid of the dumb jedi person, and the robot. Magtok has been completely transformed. Rather than being the villain for the Jedi person, he's a completely plot-free character who is more of a joke than a serious character. A**hole godmodders have a tendecy to glorify their characters, and make them all bad-ass and awesome. Magtok is the exact opposite of that, which is why fun things like that beartrap incident can happen.

J_Muller
2007-06-30, 11:24 PM
[...]probably got on Iame's nerves[...]

I think we've all done this from time to time.:smallwink:

Draken
2007-07-01, 12:15 AM
Sorry for my absense, I nominate Magtok, and now, with three nominations he's qualified for elections.

-----------------------------
1 aproved candidate for now (Magtok)
3 seats to be filled.
I need one nomination =P
J_Muller needs one nomination too.
Bookboy has one nomination.
LordVader has one nomination.

A few more voters and we are done with this.

Where is K.N.A.V.E.S. to force people into voting when we need them? :smalltongue:

thehothead
2007-07-01, 01:51 AM
I hate to say it, but I agree with that last statement.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 10:25 AM
Well, the Imperial Guard are hardly better. The entire Imperium is made up of whacko zealots, the worst of which are in charge of everything.

"OVERWHELM THEM WITH MANY IN USELESS ARMOR!" "But we'll suffer too many casualties!" "Commissar, kill that man. No one questions me, for I am the Emperor's will incarnate!"

Yeah, their not Nazis, and their actually doing some good in the 40K universe, but there are better ways to do the same thing. :smalltongue:
Like the Tau way!- "If they don't join us, we will mind-control them with pheremones or give them 'translation' helmets that are actually mind-control helmets!"
The Imperium may be zealots, but the Tau are Space Commies. Hardly better.:smalltongue:

Holy crap, I got nominated! Thanks!:smallsmile:

((Also, Magtok, Blackout isn't going to need to be spared. He's one of the heads of the massive military organization that would oppose your invasion.:smalltongue: As am I.))

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 02:08 PM
((Also, Magtok, Blackout isn't going to need to be spared. He's one of the heads of the massive military organization that would oppose your invasion.:smalltongue: As am I.))

Your army slaughtered the space nazis easily, but those space nazis didn't have the same number of PCs that AMEN has. Going against AMEN would be a completely different kind of war.

Draken
2007-07-01, 02:19 PM
The TDI (Armt that would opose AMEN) also has lots of PCs

Draken, Azzulon, Mitharion and Maxinus (mines).
Nukular (blackout's).
Raneus and Jarus (LordVader's).
Artemis, possibly Katriana, Rishtak, E and Shadowbow (Bookboy's).
Raril (Artemis')
Haydn (thehothead).
-Insert name here, I sent you last week- (J_Muller, sorry I forgot the FE Lienerant's name)
Osnagard (Onasgard's... orly?)
Nightwing's... Dunno, but there must be some. For now, Venom.

did I forget someone? Totalized, least 13, max about 20, depending on Bookboy, J_Muller (if he has any other FE PCs and of ocurse, Nightwing, the allmighty character maker.)

thehothead
2007-07-01, 02:23 PM
Of course, that put's me on both sides of said war.

J_Muller
2007-07-01, 02:27 PM
-Insert name here, I sent you last week- (J_Muller, sorry I forgot the FE Lienerant's name)

Hans. Then there's Ilsa and Elsa.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 02:35 PM
The TDI (Armt that would opose AMEN) also has lots of PCs

Draken, Azzulon, Mitharion and Maxinus (mines).
Nukular (blackout's).
Raneus and Jarus (LordVader's).
Artemis, possibly Katriana, Rishtak, E and Shadowbow (Bookboy's).
Raril (Artemis')
Haydn (thehothead).
Osnagard (Onasgard's... orly?)
Nightwing's... Dunno, but there must be some. For now, Venom.

did I forget someone? Totalized, least 13, max about 20, depending on Bookboy, J_Muller

AMEN has...

Vespe Ratavo(1), Castaras(2), Me(3), Saurous(4), his son Maur(5), Moon_Called(6), Rex Idiotarum(7), Lifebane AKA Fus.Weapon 1337(8), PirateMonk(9), Uberblah(10), Exachix(11), V Junior(12), Curly(13), Damian(14).

That's a total of 12 accounts and fourteen characters, with MC and Saur sharing control of Maur, and MC having an additional Townie in storage, named Damian.

And if that's not enough to make you shake in your boots, we have a huge number of people who are members, but don't post a lot.

Draken
2007-07-01, 02:41 PM
Well, looks like we are (kinda) even on the number and probably on the power of PCs.

Time to compare Weapons and Soldiers.
You go first this time Magtok.

Meynolds
2007-07-01, 02:43 PM
Don't forget AMEN's former arch-foes, Myself, V Junior, Frigs, Deathcow, Raistlin, Deckmaster, Shadow, Zar Peter, and The Masked Man.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 02:51 PM
Well, looks like we are (kinda) even on the number and probably on the power of PCs.

Time to compare Weapons and Soldiers.
You go first this time Magtok.

Hmm...listing it all would take all day. I'll just copy/paste Castaras's magical potion collection.

Love Potions: Will cause you to fall in love with the first living creature you see. This has many versions, after much experimenting:
Normal: Normal ones last a few hours. Maybe more. Depends on plot really.
Permanent: does what you expect from the name. Never used, but the threat is still there.
Delayed: Rarely used, these wait a while, before striking when it is unexpected.

Personality Potions: Breaks you down into different personalities. Hilarious results.
Transformation Potions: Transforms you into something else. Like worms, or pies, or other more cruel results that haven't been seen yet…
Inner Child: A strength potion gone wrong. This summons your inner child, no matter how bratish or cute it is. Used only once.
Disintegration: Does what the name suggests. Fun.
Disease: Causes any kind of disease imaginable. From the common cold to the bubonic plague, this cute potion does alot. Beware.
Poison: It…y'know…Poisons, maybe?
Dancing: Makes the person affected burst into dance. Great for humiliation and blackmail.
Torture: Pure torture to make this one…but it does alot. Tortures the one who drunk the potion.
Laughing: …Need this explained? Poor, brainless sod.
Blinding: Blinds you. Makes you blind. Unable to see.
Deafening: Hmm…I wonder what this does?
Singing: Duuhh….
Sleep: Gosh, I'm not sure…
Instant death: Hmm…the name is a good clue…
Slow death: Kills you over a period of three days.
Alignment changing: Changes your alignment to a random one. Loads of fun. Causes many orphanages to be helped and torched by the same person.
Food: Turns the one who drunk the potion into a piece of food.
All powerful Antidote: Kept in vials coated with poison, this potion cures everything…except the poison that coats the antidote vial. Rarely used, rarely seen, are they real or just a dream?
Healing: Heals you. Kinda.
Strength: Strengthens you. Gives you strength of 20 giants, titans, and massive dragons put together.
Chaos: Does something random to you. Anything you can think of, could happen with this potion. Not been used yet…but might be some time…

Don't forget AMEN's former arch-foes, Myself, V Junior, Frigs, Deathcow, Raistlin, Deckmaster, Shadow, Zar Peter, and The Masked Man.

Raistlin, V Junior, and Zar Peter switched to AMEN. The Masked Man died in a bloody battle against the Pogoer. The rest got bored and drifted away.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 02:52 PM
Also, don't forget the Clangers. They like the FE. And I have one more PC, who also has a (fantasy) army, but he's a mercenary. He'd probably end up fighting for the TDI, though. With his army.
I also plan on making 1 or 2 more HoMM characters. If you want to invade, I say bring it on.
And even PCs don't hold up well against armies, don't you read the Order of the Stick?:smalltongue:
ARMAMAMENT DESCRIPTIONS

Weapons?
Hellgun- standard antipersonnel laser gun
Battle Cannon- standard armor AoE blast cannon.
Lascannon- More powerful anti-vehicle weapon.
Heavy Bolter- Machine-gun that fires huge, explosive rounds at least an inch and a half across.

Soldiers?
Guardsmen- Basically, army troopers.
Stormtroopers- Elite soldiers with better armor and weapons.
Chimaera APC- Standard APC of the Imperial Guard- turret-mounted multi-laser.
Leman Russ- Standard MBT of the IG- turret-mounted Battle Cannon, hull Lascannon, sponson Heavy Bolters.
Baneblade- Massive superheavy tank the size of at least 10 Leman Russes. Equipped with a massive Battle Cannon, and multiple Lascannons and Heavy Bolters.
Titans- Vary from a quarter-mile tall to mile-high walkers. Equipped with Void Shields, massive Volcano cannons and chainguns, and large amounts of secondary weaponry.

My other character is based off of the HoMM game series. He is specifically based off of the Fortress town from HoMM 3. He has a castle in the Swamp, and an army consisting of Gnolls, Lizardmen, Serpent Flies, Basilisks, Gorgons, Wyverns, and Hydras. Each of these creatures has an "upgrade" as well.

Draken
2007-07-01, 03:11 PM
Ok... My weapons...

Nullblaster Cannons: nasty weapons that generate and shoot temporary Orbs of Annihilation.
Icicle Shooters: Weapons devised to send forth large razor ice spears.
Wave Cannons: energy generator's designed to send forfh a wave of eletricity.
Force Cannons: these are mounted on the shoulders of some golems, they send forth lines of force, good against walls, incorporeal things, etc.
Golem Shell Trebouchets: These are fun, this weapon shoots a large adamantine sphere that carries a Golem, the spheere falls, deals it's damage, cracks open and release a golem, normally it carryes a Metalic Blot of a Phazon Golem.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 03:12 PM
And even PCs don't hold up well against armies, don't you read the Order of the Stick?

Yes, I do. But the OotS isn't filled with epic-level uber-PCs, each with their own personal armies.

For other weapons, we have

Korith's WMD:

The original, Mk I Self-Cloning bomb was a pretty straightforward weapon. It would, upon pressing a button, clone a copy of itself with the button pressed and detonate after a random interval. After enough bombs went off to take out the undetonated clones, the mass devastation would (eventually) come to an end. The newcomer Sulaiman wiped out the lounge with one of these devices, but suggested an alternative interpretation of the self-cloning bomb.

The Mk-II Bomb:
This weapon, rather than self-duplicating, will create a duplicate user, holding a duplicate of the bomb. Minimum delay has been changed to 12 seconds, in order to allow some major spell-whipping prior to detonation. Spells that couldn't care less about saves, spell resistance and energy resistances are preferred - though a combination of Melf's Acid Arrows and Magic Missiles could serve well with a low-level simulacrum wielding the weapon.

Magtok's wormy form-For Inner Animal week, Magtok became a worm from Team 17's Worms videogame series. He got everything in those games, from concrete donkeys that fall from the sky, explosive sheep, and a large humber of holy hand grenades. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Worms_weapons,_tools,_crates_and_objects)

For troops, we have:

*Every kind of undead thing imaginable, under Saurous's control.
*A huge swarm of meerkats, commanded by V Junior.
*A variety of robots, from small spiderbots, android riflemen, and bizzare freaks created from a combination of cybernetics and living things.
*A large number of sentient foods, from pies to fruit, all created and under Castaras's control.
*Rex's pogosticks.

However, it is unlikely that AMEN would do an all-out assualt. Chances are, we'd create some kind of ingenious, overly elaborate plan, that would keep casualties low on both sides, but annoy the **** out of the Town Defense Force.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 03:16 PM
Where dose AMEN's base lie? They cannot simply not exist.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 03:18 PM
We reside in the Structured Games forum, and spend most of our time killing each other, coming back to life through the miracles of cloning and phylacteries, and wishing we still had a group of heroes to oppose us.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 03:21 PM
Okay. We simply ignore AMEN and let them kill eachother off. Problem solved.

Draken
2007-07-01, 03:24 PM
My padronized army consists almost utterly of constructs.

Artillery Golems- you know them, moving arround, shooting fireballs and the sort.
Iron Colossus- Steping on you FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
Metalic Blots- Look like slimes, but are freaking dangerous constructs.
Mithral Golems- fast and dangerous.
Adamantine Golems- just magic immune.
Anaxim- Four of them, act as Generals.
Umbral Blots- desintegrating their way in the battlefield.
Lesser Golems (Iron, Stone, Mud, etc)- just doing what they do best, crush arround.

Also, what is a monstrous druid with no monsters on his side?

Expect to see Hydras, Purple and Ice Wurms, and some other large or bigger Magical beasts, I just have to look at the MMs.

-----------------------------------

Wait, what would an animated food do? :smallconfused:

LordVader
2007-07-01, 03:30 PM
In my experience, Tanks>Pies. Also, Tanks>Meerkats.:smalltongue: Also, Alon(the HoMM person) has a massive army, and several extremely powerful artifacts. The Guard has psykers, and the ability to kill everything on the planet and then set the planet on fire.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 03:33 PM
Okay. We simply ignore AMEN and let them kill each other off. Problem solved.

We only fight amongst ourselves because there aren't any good guys to fight.

Wait, what would an animated food do?

Anything an ordinary person could do.

In my experience, Tanks>Pies. Also, Tanks>Meerkats.:smalltongue: Also, Alon(the HoMM person) has a massive army, and several extremely powerful artifacts. The Guard has psykers, and the ability to kill everything on the planet and then set the planet on fire.

Sure, they can nuke everything, but then AMEN would teleport back home to the Structured Games forum, and you'd be left with a pile of ashes, a couple of indestructible buildings floating through space, a lot of taxpayer's money down the drain, and one really pissed general guy.

Don't you think it's a little unreasonable for one account to be able to do that? There were people arguing about getting rid of god characters, who didn't even have half that much power. Methinks someone is a little overpowered, and perhaps a certain Imperial is overcompensating for something. :smalltongue:

LordVader
2007-07-01, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't actually do that, of course. I was merely stating they have the power to do that. (And it's not nuking, they use virus torpedoes that kill pretty much everything and mess with the atmosphere, then fire a single shell from a spaceship, and the whole atmosphere ignites.) And since it relies on technology, I'm certain all the magic-users could just open a "Mordekain's Magnificent Mansion" or suchlike, and escape. I've found that technology is mostly ineffectual against all the epic-level magic users here. If I didn't have psykers, I probably would've died a long time ago. I know why the FE used the Spear of Destiny. Also, at least one of the god characters, Ba'al, apparently could've easily done that. He left, though.
((That's assuming, of course, that I don't follow you.:smalltongue:))

Also, the OotS may not be uber-epic PCs, but then, the TDI's soldiers aren't exactly hobbo warriors either.:smalltongue:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 04:29 PM
((That's assuming, of course, that I don't follow you.:smalltongue:))

If you followed us, then you'd soon be killed. AMEN has no rules against godmodding, so you wouldn't last for even a minute.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 04:33 PM
I think a rule should be made stating that charachters cannot hop between forums. Characters are either part of the Town or they're not. Anything that happens outside of the Town is 'non-cannon'.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 04:41 PM
Of course, Magtok, if you have no rules against godmodding, then Raneus and Jarus can godmod to their heart's extent. And Jarus is already extremely powerful. I shudder to think what he could do if he was godmodding.:smalltongue: Massive daemon army, anyone? How bout some rifts to the Warp?

thehothead
2007-07-01, 04:43 PM
And we have a large amount of warriors imune to most magical effects, to all those potions you mentioned, and who can just throw large rocks at you from orbit.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 04:44 PM
And don't forget those Space Nazis.:smalltongue:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 04:46 PM
I think a rule should be made stating that charachters cannot hop between forums. Characters are either part of the Town or they're not. Anything that happens outside of the Town is 'non-cannon'.

That is unneccesary, Kelly. Forum-hopping never occurs. When an AMENite exists in the Town, another identical copy of the same character still exists in the AMEN thread.

I shudder to think what he could do if he was godmodding.

As I said, I believe in only three kinds of godmodding. Anyone who does the third type in AMEN is ignored and told to stop. Its the reason why new AMENites like Bookboy often leave shortly after joining.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 04:51 PM
That is unneccesary, Kelly. Forum-hopping never occurs.Let's keep it that way. If I'm going to be hunting you guys down, then you better not suddenly teleport to a thread where if my guy follows you your just going to kill him off by godmoding.

Vhaidara
2007-07-01, 04:54 PM
Of course, Magtok, if you have no rules against godmodding, then Raneus and Jarus can godmod to their heart's extent. And Jarus is already extremely powerful. I shudder to think what he could do if he was godmodding.:smalltongue: Massive daemon army, anyone? How bout some rifts to the Warp?

Do it, and the godmod armor will make a comeback. For all my characters.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 04:55 PM
Let's keep it that way. If I'm going to be hunting you guys down, then you better not suddenly teleport to a thread where if my guy follows you your just going to kill him off by godmoding.

Why not? If we come to the Town, I know plenty of people are going to try to do the same thing to us, regardless of the rules against it here.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 04:57 PM
With the exception of Nightwing, most people in the town do not godmod. People would only godmod if AMEN did so after coming to Town. And @Shadowbow, I was speaking of if I pursued them to AMEN, I would not do that in Town.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 05:06 PM
...most people in the town do not godmod.

*Laughs hysterically* You're kidding, right?

Vhaidara
2007-07-01, 05:08 PM
I think he forgot the word "much" in there.

Hey, the Lords are fighting!

thehothead
2007-07-01, 05:12 PM
I would say that the major people in the town right now don't godmod much, and almost (looking at you Nightwing) never on purpose

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 05:15 PM
*Laughs hysterically* You're kidding, right?He's not. Since I've been here, there has been hardly any godmodding and when it dose occur the offenders are called on it and usually edit their posts accordingly.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 05:17 PM
Yes. Occasionally, we may godmod accidentally, but with the exception of Nightwing, no one does it on purpose, and Nightwing is always called on it, so it never happens anyways. Although Shadowbow has godmodded intentionally as well, but it was for a plot, so it's okay by me, especially since he didn't kill anyone while doing it.

Vhaidara
2007-07-01, 05:18 PM
Not 100% true, but Tereal came back. Not the first time Shadowbow killed him, either.

LordVader
2007-07-01, 05:19 PM
Yeah, but it's Nightwing. Unfortunately, he hasn't learned his lesson from the 100 other times we caught him doing it. Now, if he wants to do it in style, have it be a clone, or a robot double!:smallbiggrin:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 05:31 PM
Very little uncaught godmodding, eh? Then explain these two events.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48210

After reading only the first page of this thread, I was utterly disgusted. Nightwing barges into someone else's thread, claims to have planned out an attack against the pirates with characters he just summoned into existence, and godmodded repeatedly. Not only that, but his posts were undescriptive, were difficult to read, and he went from invading, to challenging someone to a duel, and then making an alliance in a matter of moments.

Also, the last time I was in the Town, my character had accidently said "quiet." Shortly afterwards, an angry PC tried to attack him (I understand this much. This part didn't bother me at all.) Magtok used a helpless NPC as a shield, and just before the encounter could continue, I had to go. Just as I left, the damned godmodder cut the NPC in half, and then offered to have a drink with Magtok. When I came back online later, I read this post, and disgustedly decided to avoid this person whenever possible.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 05:34 PM
After reading only the first page of this thread, I was utterly disgusted. Nightwing barges into someone else's thread, claims to have planned out an attack against the pirates with characters he just summoned into existence, and godmodded repeatedly. Not only that, but his posts were undescriptive, were difficult to read, and he went from invading, to challenging someone to a duel, and then making an alliance in a matter of moments.None of that is godmodding. If it is, I want you to explain how.

NOTE: I am not, however, saying that NighWing is anyway innocent of constantly godmoding, but I am saying he did not godmode here.

Vhaidara
2007-07-01, 05:36 PM
I will now, in two words, give undeniable evidence that Nightwing is the king of godmodders: Baron Law.

thehothead
Yeah that's just Nightwing. He's not typical.

LordVader
If I had been in Metakirb's position, I would have made Nightwing edit his posts, and stop the invasion. However, it's up to the person who is being godmodded to stop these things. Metakirb needed to make Nightwing edit the posts, and he didn't. I call Nightwing on godmodding whenever he does it to me, and sometimes when he does it in threads I had been looking at, but that my characters were not involved in.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 05:41 PM
None of that is godmodding. If it is, I want you to explain how.

metakirb:He runs at the scrulls, jumps over the force field and puts the phazon cannon in the face of a scrull and fires.

nightwing:((They are Shape shifters. they just snuk in at different times disguised as some of you and slowly got there army in.))

nightwing:*An army of 300 scrulls led by the super scrull run in ad shoot any pirates they can see. They start smashing technology*

Do I really need to explain how these are examples of godmodding, Kelly?

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 05:44 PM
They borderline but since he did not control another player's charachter and left his actions open-ended he wasn't godmodding.

thehothead
2007-07-01, 05:46 PM
For the Metakirb example, it was probably forgeting to put "attempts to" in. And we already agreed that Nightwing Godmods.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 05:50 PM
metakirb:He runs at the scrulls, jumps over the force field and puts the phazon cannon in the face of a scrull and fires.

You can't put a gun to anyone's face without godmodding, Kelly. You can draw a gun and fire it at someone, but shoving it in someone's face is godmodding.

They just snuk in at different times disguised as some of you and slowly got there army in.

Suddenly popping into existence inside a place you shouldn't be able to enter so easily is not open-ended.

nightwing:*An army of 300 scrulls led by the super scrull run in ad shoot any pirates they can see. They start smashing technology*

Stuff was broken. Metakirb wasn't the one who said it was broken. That was godmodding.

For the Metakirb example, it was probably forgeting to put "attempts to" in. And we already agreed that Nightwing Godmods.

Godmodding Type 1: The lazy god-modder: This is an almost excuseable kind of godmodding, which involves forgetting or being to lazy to add the word "attempt" to a post. eg: Instead of Bob attempts to cut off your arm, the post says Bob cuts off your arm. I dislike this form of godmodding, but I'm willing to excuse it if the offender apologizes when confronted about their actions.

There was no confrontation, and no apology. Therefore, there is no excuse for anyone who was reading this thread.

thehothead
2007-07-01, 05:52 PM

Quoted because I'm lazy.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 05:56 PM
First instance: Depending on the circumstance, yes you can.

Second instance: He doesn't need to make that open ended since that's part of the introduced charachters' backstory. Metakrib could have said otherwise since it interferes with his charachters' back story, but he didn't. So it stays.

Third instance: Note the words starts to which implies an attempt to inflict an action upon another, not that they have already done it.

thehothead
2007-07-01, 05:57 PM
Implications are touchy ground Kelly.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 06:00 PM
Third instance: Note the words starts to which implies an attempt to inflict an action upon another, not that they have already done it.

No, "starts to" means that they begin doing that, and that something is broken.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 06:03 PM
No, it means that they start doing something, in this case swinging their weapons to break something, but they still can be stopped.

thehothead
2007-07-01, 06:05 PM
To add to Kellys point, say I started to set something on fire. There are numerous steps between the start, and the end result (such as getting a first source of fire) so I could easily be stopped.

Vhaidara
2007-07-01, 06:09 PM
No, it means that they start doing something, in this case swinging their weapons to break something, but they still can be stopped.

It's still assuming that the people already there just sit back and let them reach the stuff that they're smashing.

Damon
2007-07-01, 07:02 PM
Alright. Time to speak up.

Since everyone agrees. Nightwing is a god modeaholic. I doubt any can argue otherwise. I would actually like to see you try.

Metakirb said he "Put the gun in his face and fired." This is god moding. You cannot avoid a gun in your face without speed haxing. Now this is minor god moding, I would have just dodged it and gone on with the fight. Also that gun would have been pointed at my face if I had said it was pointed at my face and not a moment sooner. Anyone who says that you take damage because you don't respond to it is wrong. At least on this fourm they are.

Metakrib obviously didn't want Nightwing to interupt what he was doing there. If Nightwing wanted to get involved in the plot there are better ways then raiding.

"Starts" is a touchy word. I could say I start to hack away at a rock. Well what if that rock was important to the plot. That rock is needed, but your starts to implys that its being done. That word can go both ways.

J_Muller
2007-07-01, 07:19 PM
...most people in the town do not godmod.

*snerk*

Well, okay. A lot of people don't. Which is not to say that everyone's a good RPer, though.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-01, 07:20 PM
If you're at close enough range, pointing a gun at someone's face and firing is not godmoding since the action is left open-ended. Granted, you probably will die but the definition of godmoding is not "putting another charachter in a situation whereas he won't survive" but rather leaving actions closed-off.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-01, 07:47 PM
Yes, I do. But the OotS isn't filled with epic-level uber-PCs, each with their own personal armies.

For other weapons, we have

Korith's WMD:

The original, Mk I Self-Cloning bomb was a pretty straightforward weapon. It would, upon pressing a button, clone a copy of itself with the button pressed and detonate after a random interval. After enough bombs went off to take out the undetonated clones, the mass devastation would (eventually) come to an end. The newcomer Sulaiman wiped out the lounge with one of these devices, but suggested an alternative interpretation of the self-cloning bomb.

The Mk-II Bomb:
This weapon, rather than self-duplicating, will create a duplicate user, holding a duplicate of the bomb. Minimum delay has been changed to 12 seconds, in order to allow some major spell-whipping prior to detonation. Spells that couldn't care less about saves, spell resistance and energy resistances are preferred - though a combination of Melf's Acid Arrows and Magic Missiles could serve well with a low-level simulacrum wielding the weapon.

Magtok's wormy form-For Inner Animal week, Magtok became a worm from Team 17's Worms videogame series. He got everything in those games, from concrete donkeys that fall from the sky, explosive sheep, and a large humber of holy hand grenades. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Worms_weapons,_tools,_crates_and_objects)

For troops, we have:

*Every kind of undead thing imaginable, under Saurous's control.
*A huge swarm of meerkats, commanded by V Junior.
*A variety of robots, from small spiderbots, android riflemen, and bizzare freaks created from a combination of cybernetics and living things.
*A large number of sentient foods, from pies to fruit, all created and under Castaras's control.
*Rex's pogosticks.

However, it is unlikely that AMEN would do an all-out assualt. Chances are, we'd create some kind of ingenious, overly elaborate plan, that would keep casualties low on both sides, but annoy the **** out of the Town Defense Force.

You forget all of Raistlin's weapons. The uber-katana, the Doom Crossbow, and the Axe of Noob-slaying.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 09:34 PM
You forget all of Raistlin's weapons. The uber-katana, the Doom Crossbow, and the Axe of Noob-slaying.

There's an Axe of Noob Slaying? :smallconfused:

Well, now that means Nightwing doesn't stand a chance.:smalltongue:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-01, 09:50 PM

It must deal 10d8 BURRRRRRRRN damage. :smallbiggrin:

Vhaidara
2007-07-01, 09:51 PM
There's a very simple way to kill Nightwing. Just throw him into a zone of eternal torture to anyone that godmods.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 09:54 PM
There's a very simple way to kill Nightwing. Just throw him into a zone of eternal torture to anyone that godmods.

Knowing him, he'd godmod his way out of it. Probably with some teleporter thingy his character didn't have until his character needed it.

J_Muller
2007-07-01, 09:56 PM
Why kill him? Come to think of it, has anyone even sic'd the Rhesus Monkey on him yet?

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 10:02 PM
*sigh* Yes, it has happened before. I remember it well. The monkey fought valiantly, but its message just failed to reach Nightwing. Hell, that masochistic character actually godmodded again right after that! Nightwing enjoyed being attacked, and purposely godmodded so it would happen again!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-01, 10:25 PM
Is this where we nominate people?

I nominate Magtok. For he be smart, cool, awesome, and not a godmodder.
and hes an amenite :D

J_Muller
2007-07-01, 10:31 PM
Magtok's already got enough nominations. Bookboy, LordVader, Blackout, and I still need nominations.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-01, 10:50 PM
Nominate J_Muller.
He has a Rexatar, and brought SPACE NAZIS! to the Town.

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-01, 10:55 PM
Sure, J Muller can have a nomination.

J_Muller
2007-07-01, 10:59 PM
Thank you, thank you.

Right, then. If anyone wants to nominate Blackout, Bookboy, or LordVader, now is the time.

Artemis97
2007-07-01, 11:03 PM
Hmm...Who to choose?

Draken
2007-07-01, 11:06 PM
Hey! I need just one nomination too... You left me out on purpose just for you to get more chances of nominations :smallannoyed:

Ok, forget everything after the "...", just wanted to have my point.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-01, 11:07 PM
Very well then. I change my nomination to Blackout, cuz he's awesome.

J_Muller
2007-07-01, 11:13 PM
Hey! I need just one nomination too... You left me out on purpose just for you to get more chances of nominations :smallannoyed:

Ok, forget everything after the "...", just wanted to have my point.

Hmm. Thought you already had three, sorry.

Emperor Ing
2007-07-02, 05:21 AM
nominating LordVader

Hes my real life friend! :smallwink:

Draken
2007-07-02, 08:44 AM
Ok...

Maktok has 3 nominations, so hes eligible.
J_Muller has 4 Nomination, so Destro wish to change his vote.
LordVader has 3 Nominations and is eligible.
I'm still with 2.
Bookboy and Blackout have 1 each.
Nightwing had 1 nomination for a few hours, but it was just a joke of Dartonus.

Nightwing gets a nomination, and loses i on the next page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17640&page=36)

Yes, just noticed, Sneak got 1 nomination.

Edited. We now have three candidates. Unless someone else comes and gives me another nomination, or gives bookboy, blackout or Sneak two more nominations. We will have no elections.

Meynolds
2007-07-02, 08:50 AM
Congratulations LordVader, you have been nominated.

Draken
2007-07-02, 09:03 AM
Congratulations LordVader, you have been nominated.

Does this mean you are giving LordVader his third nomination?

Meynolds
2007-07-02, 09:24 AM
Does this mean you are giving LordVader his third nomination?

Yes indeed.

LordVader
2007-07-02, 10:42 AM
I nominate Draken, who now has three votes and is in the election. I'm suprised blackout hasn't responded to my offensive remarks about the Tau yet.:smalltongue:

Vhaidara
2007-07-02, 10:44 AM
What about me?

Lord Magtok
2007-07-02, 10:46 AM
Blackout, you get a nomination. Now get yourself another one.

Draken
2007-07-02, 03:52 PM
Back to the counting.

-----------------
Draken, Lord Magtok, LordVader and J_Muller are in the elections.
-----------------
Blackout has two nominations.
-----------------
Bookboy has one nomination.
-----------------
Sneak has one nomination.
-----------------

Also, I would like to point out that Fenric asked that someone else take over the Character Directory, how would that be done? And by who? (Not necessarily "Who", of course)

(Ok, bad joke.)

Vhaidara
2007-07-02, 04:37 PM
I think it means starting a new thread and having everyone copy their character stuff over into the new one.

blackout
2007-07-02, 06:42 PM
:smallconfused: Wait, why would ANYONE nominate me? I'm not exactly council material...Oh well.

And LordVader, I respond in the following way: TAU RULE, IMPERIAL GUARD DROOL! :smalltongue:

Raistlin1040
2007-07-02, 07:16 PM

Yeah. But keep it on the DL. It's top secret.

LordVader
2007-07-02, 07:22 PM
Raistlin appears.

We're attacking the Town? Cool. I get to kill Kyrian.

Bring it on.
*cracks knuckles*
:smalltongue:

Raistlin1040
2007-07-02, 07:26 PM
Oh you're SO on my list now Lord V.

LordVader
2007-07-02, 07:28 PM
Good luck with that. Especially since all of AMEN's godmodding creations(not an insult, just a statement, I know that's what the thread is like) don't work the same in Town. However, I never congratulated you on how well you beat Baron Law, that was hilarious.:smallsmile:

Raistlin1040
2007-07-02, 07:30 PM
Wish and Time-Stop are beautiful things, are they not?

LordVader
2007-07-02, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah. You managed to defeat a godmodder, that was impressive.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-02, 07:39 PM
It took some real brainpower, but I did it.

LordVader
2007-07-02, 07:58 PM
TO ALL TOWN DEFENSE INITIATIVE MEMBERS: AMEN is coming. We need to begin drawing up plans.

Draken
2007-07-02, 07:59 PM
I have a plan, blast then with nothing, straight to the nothingness.

Yes, i'm talking about the Nullblasters.

LordVader
2007-07-02, 08:01 PM
That will not work. We need to hold a private council, ideally by PM, or somewhere where AMEN will not be able to view it. This is gonna be ugly. The Imperial Guard will be ready.

J_Muller
2007-07-02, 08:07 PM
Ah yes. The TDI will make a... *snerk* ... united stand against the invasion.

Please ignore any German-accented maniacal laughter you may hear whilst in the FE moon city.

Artemis97
2007-07-02, 08:17 PM
Allow me to be the first to officially say: The Town is doomed.

*Joins in maniacal laughter.*

LordVader
2007-07-02, 08:21 PM
Well, at least I know who the traitors are.:smalltongue:
And J Muller, if the FE turns against the TDI, don't expect mercy after we win.:smalltongue:

blackout
2007-07-02, 08:22 PM
TDI, lock and load!

:smallamused:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-02, 08:43 PM
:smallconfused: Wait, why would ANYONE nominate me? I'm not exactly council material...Oh well.

Because after Mr. Space Nazis was nominated, none of the other candidates were even close to being council material. I was choosing the lesser of the two evils.

LordVader
2007-07-02, 09:38 PM
The Imperial Guard's mobilization begins now.
:smallamused:

blackout
2007-07-04, 01:55 PM
Well, in that case, Magtok, I AM council material. :smallbiggrin:

And I promise that as a member of the TDI command staff, and a member of the Town's council, I will attempt to establish health plans for NPCs, and will promise free food and clothing for the poor!

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 02:09 PM
Well, I'll provide NPCs suffering from cancer with the option of extremely over-priced, life-saving cybernetic surgery. And think of all the innocent NPC lives that will be ignored and spared while all the PCs are too busy fighting! I'm actually doing the Town a favor!

Emperor Ing
2007-07-04, 02:56 PM
you evil, evil man! :smallbiggrin:

blackout
2007-07-04, 03:08 PM
:smallamused: Elect me, and NPCs suffering from cancer will recieve FREE cybernetics of the same quality.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 03:11 PM
Elect me, and I might actually use some anesthesia the next time I perform an operation!

blackout
2007-07-04, 03:13 PM
:smallbiggrin: My doctors will use anesthesia during every operation! Even the ones that don't really need it!

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 03:15 PM
Umm...next time, I won't use a dirty and rusty scalpel, still coated in the blood of the last patient!

blackout
2007-07-04, 03:17 PM
Sterilized and clean equipment. Every time. :smallcool:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 03:19 PM
I'll umm...stop kidnapping people off the street, taking their money, and then operating on them against their will!

Emperor Ing
2007-07-04, 03:19 PM
Sorry Magtok, im Lawful Good :smallbiggrin:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 03:20 PM
Sorry Magtok, im Lawful Good :smallbiggrin:

And a member of the Xykon Fanclub? I find that hard to believe.

blackout
2007-07-04, 03:21 PM
The police will recieve a larger budget for a better job, and the TDI, or Town Defense Initiative, will be placed on full alert, to further protect the Town from outside forces.

Emperor Ing
2007-07-04, 04:11 PM
The GE has already come so we got an issue there...

blackout
2007-07-04, 04:59 PM
Meh. Either way, if I get elected, good things happen.

Draken
2007-07-04, 05:19 PM
If i'm elected, nothing particularly good or bad will happen, but be sure. I will hold these two freaks away from each other, so they don't end up blowing up the city.

Artemis97
2007-07-04, 05:22 PM
They'd probably just end up using long ranged weapons instead.

LordVader
2007-07-04, 06:06 PM
If electing Magtok to Town Council means electing AMEN Magtok, then I'm sorry, but I can't do that.:smalltongue:

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 10:51 PM
If electing Magtok to Town Council means electing AMEN Magtok, then I'm sorry, but I can't do that.:smalltongue:

No, you'll be electing OOC Magtok. He's a much nicer guy, trust me.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-04, 10:52 PM
OOC Raistlin is nice too!

Draken
2007-07-04, 10:58 PM
I make no promisses but the one in with I promisse to break no promisses.

J_Muller
2007-07-04, 11:04 PM
Oh, yeah, campaigning.

I like to think I'm a good RPer, and that I know a bad RPer when I see one. If I am elected, I'll try to help bad RPers see how they're being bad RPers.

Lord Magtok
2007-07-04, 11:18 PM
As will I. I also was wondering about the possibility of attaching punishments to godmodding. It really has to stop. Nightwing shouldn't be tolerated the way he is, it only encourages him and others to continue their godmodding.

Draken
2007-07-04, 11:22 PM
As will I. I also was wondering about the possibility of attaching punishments to godmodding. It really has to stop. Nightwing shouldn't be tolerated the way he is, it only encourages him and others to continue their godmodding.

Seconded.

Filler.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-05, 12:21 AM
*Gazes down at the masses from Fenric's chair*

"I am curious what sort of punishment you would/could pass onto those you claim as God Modders. Also, do we need to redefine God Modding. It seems to me that it is thrown around often these days for things that were not always considered God Modding.

Example: I have heard that having characters that were invincible or too powerful is "god modding." It wasn't in the past. It was cheesy, annoying, and often ignored unless it had a good plot to it, but it was not considered God-Modding. Also, I believe I recall one fight in the streets where Bookboy had a villain that couldn't be harmed unless people discovered his weakness by talking to the gnomes in Trog's. People kept attacking him with stuff and he didn't fall beneath the power of their attacks. He was accused of God Modding. This wasn't god modding. It was central to the development of the plot and character and he even stated in OOC what the people needed to do to stop him.

I fear that calling someone a God-Modder is becoming synonymous with "I don't like the way you RP" or "My character should beat you, but you're not letting him beat you, so you're God-Modding." My fears may be unfounded, but these are my fears as they stand.

Magtok, if elected and you devised a system to punish god-modders, how would you decide the guilty from the innocent? A meeting of the council? A public trial?

Raistlin1040
2007-07-05, 12:26 AM
For starters, anything that is unbeatable, not just strong, but unbeatable is automatically godmodding.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-07-05, 12:31 AM
For starters, anything that is unbeatable, not just strong, but unbeatable is automatically godmodding.No it isn't. Godmoddeing is solely controlling another character's actions or leaving a closed action.

I'm not a big fan of god-like charachters myself, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Vhaidara
2007-07-05, 12:51 AM
*Gazes down at the masses from Fenric's chair*

"I am curious what sort of punishment you would/could pass onto those you claim as God Modders. Also, do we need to redefine God Modding. It seems to me that it is thrown around often these days for things that were not always considered God Modding.

Example: I have heard that having characters that were invincible or too powerful is "god modding." It wasn't in the past. It was cheesy, annoying, and often ignored unless it had a good plot to it, but it was not considered God-Modding. Also, I believe I recall one fight in the streets where Bookboy had a villain that couldn't be harmed unless people discovered his weakness by talking to the gnomes in Trog's. People kept attacking him with stuff and he didn't fall beneath the power of their attacks. He was accused of God Modding. This wasn't god modding. It was central to the development of the plot and character and he even stated in OOC what the people needed to do to stop him.

I fear that calling someone a God-Modder is becoming synonymous with "I don't like the way you RP" or "My character should beat you, but you're not letting him beat you, so you're God-Modding." My fears may be unfounded, but these are my fears as they stand.

Magtok, if elected and you devised a system to punish god-modders, how would you decide the guilty from the innocent? A meeting of the council? A public trial?

1: They're kids, not gnomes.
2: You are the first person that appears to have actually read that! And you weren't even involved!

Artemis97
2007-07-05, 01:00 AM
I saw that, but by the time we could react to it, everyone was shouting "Godmod!" all over the place. *shrugs*

Anyways, I agree, something does need to be done about Godmodding, but first it needs to be defined and we need a set of rules or procedures to deal with it. And most importantly, we need to agree to follow them.

AmberVael
2007-07-05, 08:18 AM
I do believe that in my post in the welcome to Town thread I defined it very well, though maybe I'm just being arrogant.
My page long definition is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)

To put it simply, godmodding is assuming you succeed without permission, constantly thwarting other's attempts (without due reason) or entirely ignoring someone's post (without due reason).
At least, that is what it was in the past.

Nightwing
2007-07-05, 08:18 AM
Can I help make the rules for godmodding?

Artemis97
2007-07-05, 08:35 AM
That's true, Vael, but it seems a lot of people have forgotten it, or do very little to avoid it. I think needs to be re-adressed, so that everyone gets reminded again and actually pays attention to their posting.

Vhaidara
2007-07-05, 09:30 AM
Can I help make the rules for godmodding?

How about: Not-Nightwing.

We'll never let you live down Baron Law.

Nightwing
2007-07-05, 09:32 AM

I never expected any one too let me live that down.:smallbiggrin:

Draken
2007-07-05, 09:33 AM
How about: Not-Nightwing.

Indeed.

But he might be usefull, who's best to design an alarm than the thief himself?

Vhaidara
2007-07-05, 09:34 AM
Indeed.

But he might be usefull, who's best to design an alarm than the thief himself?

Isn't that the motto on a show called It takes a Thief?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-07-05, 10:04 AM
The rules of the town boil down to basically being: don't be a ****ing prick.

Seriously, I'm not adverse to small amounts of godmodding, especially if defensively if it will further a plot. But when I did it, I'd send a PM or talk about it via MSN first.

Vhaidara
2007-07-05, 10:10 AM
If invincible characters are godmodding, so are characters with one really obscure weakness. I mean, Ba'al never godmodded, yet was next to invincible! And Gnrlshrimp left because Admiral Kelly kept accusing him of spamming!

Draken
2007-07-05, 10:13 AM
Isn't that the motto on a show called It takes a Thief?

That is a possibility, but I live in Brazil and never heard of that show in my whole life before...

SotS is right, the use of "****ing prick" was probably a bit to much, but he is right. Sometimes we just have to talk out situations before furthering a storyline.