PDA

View Full Version : Slums

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:27 PM
Zetrax pushes the large man off, and helps the young man to his feet.

"Run along now," Zetrax says, "and be more mindful of where you sleep."

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:30 PM
The man nods, a little frightened, and runs off.
Once around a corner he nods, and vanishes without any sort of trace.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:40 PM
Zetrax notices this odd disappearence, and wonders about it for a while.

He unwraps his headband, and his blue third eye opens slowly. Zetrax sits down and scrys the warehouse, using his third eye,

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:41 PM
((I'm wondering how he noticed, but oh well))
The warehouse seems entirely normal.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:43 PM
((Sound of footsteps... ...he was running and then he stopped))

Zetrax *hmphs* to himself, and walks off.

Renegade Paladin
2006-11-09, 06:06 PM
Gaheris entered the slums, the buildings looking more and more run down the closer he got to the docks. He ducked into one of the ramshackle houses, one that he'd staked out and rented soon after arriving in Town.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 08:48 PM
A shadow suddenly flickers, and eyes open after a long time of watching and investigation.
The cell is open.
Earin vanishes.

Renegade Paladin
2006-11-10, 02:00 AM
A man emerged from the shack Gaheris had disappeared into looking nothing like the one who went in. A black haired, dark complexioned man with brown eyes and a stubbly black beard walked back up into the town, wearing nondescript brown clothing and a large black hat.

Deadly
2006-11-10, 12:10 PM
An NPC enters the slums and walks for a while. He suddenly stops and looks around, then smirks Here, my lady. There's something here.

Something moves slightly in his shadow and disappears. The NPC looks shaken and confused for a time, then walks slowly away.

A shadow moves along the walls from house to house before entering one through the window.

The_Librarian
2006-11-10, 03:41 PM
The librarian heads deep into the slums and is about to push open her door when she frowns at a sudden gust of wind.

I'm immortal again...

The librarian leans against the door, smiling and crying at the same time.

"Oh thank gods... thank gods..." She then pushes open the door, walks inside and Greeny finds himself soaking up tears yet again.

Lykan
2006-11-10, 03:44 PM
Something watches Libris from the shadows, then leaves

I really, really hate this town.

The_Librarian
2006-11-11, 05:37 AM
The librarian and Greeny leave the house in the slums. The wolf suddenly sniffs around.

"Lykan was here. Funny, he didn't say hello."

"I don't think I could handle visitors last night anyway," the librarian says. She and the wolf head into the town.

AmberVael
2006-11-11, 02:53 PM
A lithe, dark clothed man runs through the slums with unnatural speed. As he moves his form changes to seem a man in leather armor with a single curved blade at his side. His feet barely touch the ground as he enters the streets.

Renrik
2006-11-11, 03:07 PM
Several goblin informers watch all from a distance. A group of beggars sits on a corner. In the alleyway, several orcs talk with a hobgoblin. A goblin with a crossbow sits up on an old tower, camoflauged among the rubble.

Deadly
2006-11-11, 04:47 PM
The old man leaves his home, looking like any other old man in this part of town. He walks slowly through the slums, headed for the main streets.

Lykan
2006-11-12, 11:55 AM
Hom leads Libris into the slums, sniffing the ground every once and a while

It's right there.

He points to one of the houses

The_Librarian
2006-11-12, 11:56 AM
"All right... this would be easier if I could actually see him," the librarian says, folding her arms nervously. "But not wholly necessary. I just need be close enough. Is he in there, do you reckon?"

--------

The cub wanders into the slums, and sniffs around.

"Awww shoot, where'd she go?!"

Lykan
2006-11-12, 12:02 PM
Hom holds an ear to the door

No... He's not. I don't think so anyway... Can you scan the area, just in case?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andro and Eri follow a little ways away from the wolf.

The_Librarian
2006-11-12, 12:10 PM
The librarian takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment. She looks around, seeing the slums anew, lingering auras from people who have passed here recently. Looking towards the house, she scowls.

"There's nothing there now," she says darkly. "But there was, something with a powerful enough aura to leave a trace of its evil behind." She looks vaguely ill and closes her eyes again, relaxing when she opens them. "If it had still been there, that would have been most unpleasant, but there's just a normal man in there right now."

-----------

"Ah ha!" The cub dashes towards the part of the slums with the old man's house.

Lykan
2006-11-12, 12:16 PM
Hom nods

I knew it... Thank you, Libris. Bahamutte is lucky to have service of one such as yourself.

He bows, and turns to leave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andro and Eri wait on the rooftop, observing the scene below

The_Librarian
2006-11-12, 12:21 PM
The librarian watches Hom leave.

Strange man... She then remembers he can read thoughts. Damn.

"LIBRIS!" The cub charges up to her and jumps into the librarian's arms, being still just about small enough to do so.

"OOF! Kratos! I'm fine, I'm fine..."

The pair head for the librarian's house a little way away.

Lykan
2006-11-12, 12:28 PM
Hom grins and holds up a hand waving goodbye as he walks away, and the two lycanthropes disipear with him...

The_Librarian
2006-11-12, 01:19 PM
The librarian leaves her house, with Kratos close behind her. They head towards the town.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 02:08 PM
Vael and a heavily cloaked and hooded man step into the slums from the streets.
Over there, Vael.
The man points out the abandoned warehouse.
That is where they are.
And you tell me this, why? ... how do you know?
I have been watching them. You have use for the information, I'm sure.
Of course... but how have you remained undetected.
I have my ways, Vael... wear your mask.
Vaels eyes narrow.
Keep the balance...
The man vanishes, and Vael stands, thinking hard before he vanishes as well.

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 02:15 PM
(( The Master of Sound! ))

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 02:16 PM
((Nope. Read the abandoned warehouse thread and you might pick up the significance))

Deadly
2006-11-12, 02:17 PM
A shadow leaves the old mans house, quickly disappearing from sight as it moves through the shadowy streets.

Acco Spoot
2006-11-12, 02:18 PM
Akre wanders into the slums, deciding it would be prudent he holds tight to his money purse, keeps one hand on the hilt of his Rapier and holds his eyes on the citizens.

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 02:20 PM
((Nope. Read the abandoned warehouse thread and you might pick up the significance))

(( I have, I was just confused by the same color fonts and the "balance" part thrown in there. ))

Deadly
2006-11-12, 02:21 PM
The shadow moves into the streets of the town.

The_Librarian
2006-11-12, 04:14 PM
The librarian and Kratos head back into the slums and head for the librarian's home.

--------

Morning comes and the rogue, the librarian and Kratos leave the house together.

Renrik
2006-11-13, 01:06 PM
A group of goblin beggars stop Acco Spoot from advancing.

Ye don;t want to go that way, sir. Bad types in there. They'll knife ye if ye get too close. Not nice types.

Yeah. Real nasty in there. You ought ta be glad we warned ye sir.

Though some coin would be nice, if'n ye c'n spare et.

Acco Spoot
2006-11-13, 01:30 PM
Akre looks the Goblins up and down, he tosses some Gold piece over to the beggars hoping that if they are appeased they might be able to help him or let him his way, "Tell me what troubles the Slums then."

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 02:39 PM
The Faceninja appears. He looks down at himself and then starts running swiftly through the shadows.
Perfect... I think we should test him now. He is alone, perhaps you can prove yourself this time, Kazail?
I will not fail you.
Wear your mask.
Keep the balance.
As the Faceninja turns, a man drops out of the air in front of him, executing a perfect flip. The Faceninja shadow jumps backwards a few feet to avoid hitting him, and then pauses in a unique and almost unrecognizable fighting stance.
You're begin watched...
Kazail grins and pulls out his katana.
With indescribable speed Kazail leaps to the attack, spinning his katana in an expert arc.
[hr]
The Faceninja instantly calculates his opponent's skill and flashes out a dagger and snaps the fingers in his other hand, Earin's rapier appearing in it. He parries the blow with his psionic dagger and whips his rapier towards the mans chest.
Kazail leaps slightly and turns in the air, planting his feet on the Faceninja's chest and springing away, throwing off the blow and sending his opponent to the ground.
The Faceninja hits the ground and pulls into a summersault, though the fall clearly winded him.

Deadly
2006-11-13, 02:45 PM
A single rat runs by, taking note of the fight before disappearing down a side alley.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 02:50 PM
Kazail springs back to the attack, swinging his katana so fast that the air hums loudly. The Faceninja jumps to his feet and barely meets the blow with both his blades, and is driven back a few feet. Kazail backs off.
I could do worse to you...
"Save your threats for someone who cares. If you can, do it."
The Faceninja charges and hurls a dagger and thrusts with his rapier. Kazail blocks the dagger and turns the rapier thrust aside.
Do you want me to go for Elya instead? That would be worse.
The Faceninja's eyes widen for a second, and Kazail kicks him in the chest.
[hr]
The Faceninja staggers back and is struck across the chest by Kazail's katana before he can react. He falls to the ground, dropping his rapier.
You fool. You thought you could remain hidden from us?
The Faceninja reaches for his rapier, but Kazail kicks it aside.
How sad. Your very words come back to haunt you.
Kazail readies his katana for the killing blow.
To know one's past is to have power over them. Tell your precious Elya goodbye.
Kazail strikes, and the Faceninja vanishes near instantly, appearing behind him and hitting him in the back with an elbow.
[hr]
Kazail spins to attack him, but the Faceninja is gone, reappearing behind him, this time as Earin.
"You have no power over me!"
He strikes Kazail in the shoulder with his fist, vanishes, reappears to one side and gives him a back handed blow to the face.
Kazail leaps back to gain distance, but ends up leaping into Earin's next strike as he appears behind him.
[hr]
Kazail spins again, then reverses his attack, guessing that Earin will appear behind him again.
Earin instead appears to one side and grabs Kazail around the neck with one arm.
"We will never be parted again, not by you, by this council, or the gods themselves."
Kazail tries to wrench away, but Earin tightens his grip.
"I think it is time to disappoint your council."
Kazail tries to pull away again, and Earin lets him go, and he staggers into Earin's next appearing attack which slams a fist into his face, sending the bone of the man's nose into the brain, slaying him instantly.
Earin takes a few steps back, breathing heavily, and then vanishes.

Deadly
2006-11-13, 03:14 PM
Another rat passes by. It stops, goes to sniff the dead body, then leaves.

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 04:31 AM
The door of the librarian's house opens and she walks out, accompanied by Kratos and Greeny. She heads towards the town.

Renrik
2006-11-14, 12:26 PM
Akre looks the Goblins up and down, he tosses some Gold piece over to the beggars hoping that if they are appeased they might be able to help him or let him his way, "Tell me what troubles the Slums then."

It's the slums, sir. Someone with all the nice stuff you've got wouldn't be advised to walk there. Especially not beyond here. That's where Bashragg and his guys go around. They'll kill you just for being human, and eat you, too.

Acco Spoot
2006-11-14, 12:32 PM
It's the slums, sir. Someone with all the nice stuff you've got wouldn't be advised to walk there. Especially not beyond here. That's where Bashragg and his guys go around. They'll kill you just for being human, and eat you, too.

"Thank you, have some more coin." Akre tosses some more pieces at the Goblins before turning away to return to the streets, Akre still has more exploration to do.

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 12:36 PM
Greeny stops in the slums to shake out the sand and rain from his fur before heading to the librarian's home.

Renrik
2006-11-14, 12:36 PM
The beggars divide up the coin amongst themselves and look around furtively, then go back to their respective positions on the corner.

Deadly
2006-11-14, 12:57 PM
A shadow moves swiftly through the slums and into the streets.

Renrik
2006-11-14, 01:00 PM
A goblin thinks he sees something, but decides he is mistaken.

Some goblins position themselves on rooftops.

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 01:49 PM
The librarian and Kratos head back to her house in the slums, chatting amiably together. As they reach the front door, Greeny appears at a window and barks happily at them. Kratos and the librarian walk inside.

Deadly
2006-11-14, 01:57 PM
A small shadow follows the librarian from a distance. As she enters her house it swiftly moves down a dark side alley and seems to disappear.

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 02:31 PM
"...well, if he turns up, just tell him to look around the usual haunts," the librarian says, opening her door. "I just want to be sure." Closing the door behind her, she walks up through the slums and back towards the town.

Deadly
2006-11-14, 02:35 PM
A shadow watches her pass by, but doesn't follow.

Lykan
2006-11-14, 02:42 PM
A shadow appears behind the shadow

You have one chance to answer, and you better answer correctly. Why arer you spying on my friend?

A strange sensation shows that magic and psionic energies in the area are being cut off...

Deadly
2006-11-14, 02:45 PM
"I am simply doing as I am asked to do. I do not ask questions."

Lykan
2006-11-14, 02:46 PM
Then what's the name of the one pulling the strings, puppet man?

He reacehes into his cloak in a relaxed manner

Deadly
2006-11-14, 02:47 PM
"And what if I refuse to tell you?"

Lykan
2006-11-14, 02:50 PM
This.

Lykan drops the antimagic field, and his eyes glow like suns. A shockwave of positive energy to blast out of his form

Deadly
2006-11-14, 02:53 PM
((So.... he just blew the shadow up?))

Lykan
2006-11-14, 02:55 PM
((The positive energyy's coming out of Lykan, and presumebly the shadow's caught in the blast. Your call, really...))

Deadly
2006-11-14, 02:56 PM
((Well, it's really just a normal shadow, not much resistance there))

The shadow screams in pain and dissolves from the energy.

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 02:59 PM
With a sudden bang, the door of the librarian's house slams open and two green wolves come bursting out.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!" Greeny demands, before pausing. "WOLFMAANNNNN!!!!" He pounces.

Lykan
2006-11-14, 02:59 PM
Lykan snorts

Let this be a message to the puppetmaster. I can get a whole lot worse then that. Leave my friends alone.

He turns and looks at the wolf

'Lo Greeny. I was just heading to Trog's, you wanna come?

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 03:07 PM
"See no reason why not, but don't think I haven't caught your scent round here before... something up, or are you allergic to knocking on people's doors?"

"Will there be muffins?"

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 03:10 PM
A man in black robes walks out of an alley a little ways away and turns down to where Earin and Kazail fought the day before. He finds Kazail's corpse and pulls out a portable hole.

Lykan
2006-11-14, 03:20 PM
Lykan shrugs

I'm just trying to work something out...The explosion you heard was nothing to worry about.

He looks down at the cub, grinning

Well, we'll see, huh?

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 03:22 PM
The robed man drags the body into the portable hole and then picks up the hole and rolls it around his arm. He lets his sleeve roll back down and walks towards the abandoned warehouse.

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 03:23 PM
"Work something out... right outside our house... You'd better tell me some day, Lykan."

"They'd better have chocolate chips. I mean, what's a muffin with no chocolate chips?"

Lykan
2006-11-14, 03:26 PM
Lykan raises an eyebrow at Greeny

I'm afraid I don't follow what you may be implying...

And then to the cub

A.... Choclate chipless muffin?

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 03:31 PM
The wolf barks with laughter.

"I'm just wondering why there was an explosion right outside our house. You don't want to say right now, wolfman, that's fine. But some day, I'll want to know."

"Come oooon, I want muffins."

Lykan
2006-11-14, 03:33 PM
Lykan shrugs

I took care of someone who was spying on your house... I've seen people following Libris like she was giving out free bags of gold, and when I questioned one, he didn't offer me any good answers...

He looks down at the cub, grinning again

Well, we;'ll figure out if they have any when they get there, huh?

The_Librarian
2006-11-14, 03:42 PM
"Sweet!" The cub darts off into the night, and the wolf gives chases, stopping to glance back at Lykan gratefully.

Lykan
2006-11-14, 03:52 PM
Lykan grins, changing to wolf form and following

McBish
2006-11-14, 04:51 PM
The mutt wanders into the slums and starts to sniff around.

He decieds that wearing a badge in the slums probably isn't the best way to go unnoticed. He heads back to Trog's.

AmberVael
2006-11-14, 07:28 PM
A shadowy figure looks out of an alley, waiting for something, when suddenly its eyes flash red and it withdraws. The alleyway lights up momentarily and Fenix tries to creep out, but being on fire doesn't help stealth very much. Eventually he decides to just to run off to the streets.

Renrik
2006-11-15, 12:40 PM
A group of goblins are drawing in the dust with a stick. Nearby, two beggars sit.

A gang of young goblin boys is throwing rocks at an abandoned house.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:02 PM
Lillah walks into the slums, thinking that since she needs a cheap place to live this is the place to look.

Renrik
2006-11-15, 09:07 PM
She is watched carefully by the beggars she passes, as well as the young goblin boys who play in the street.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:07 PM
Well well well... perhaps we can lure her 'bodyguard' if we capture her? Or try to capture her?
Allow me...
I disagree, you would be overzealous. Let Loryn take care of it.
I thought capture was mine and Ythle's expertise?
A moment. I want to see what she does...
The telepathy stops and the council members focus their scrying and farseeing effects on Lillah.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:08 PM
Lillah wanders around not noticing all the attention she is attracting.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:14 PM
I do not see us learning anything from this. Maedune, if you will...
With pleasure.
A dark robed man appears in an empty house and walks out of it. His robes are tattered and worn, and drawn tightly around him. He sits down in front of the house like a beggar.

Renrik
2006-11-15, 09:15 PM
Several beggars move to stop the performer.

Excuse me, ma'am, but methinks yer not wantin' ta go much further. Violent types in that part of the neighborhood.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:16 PM
Lillah starts to wish there was a reality agency in the Town. She starts to look into windows trying to find a abandoned house.

"Oh yeah, I guess that is true. Maybe you can help me out. I'm looking for a place for sale or rent."

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:19 PM
The robed man smirks under his hood, and the light in the area begins to dim. Not very quickly, but noticeably.

Renrik
2006-11-15, 09:20 PM
Well, that's all a matter of how much money you've got. That hovel over there cost about two coppers, and that one over there cost about four coppers. That one's nice, so it would cost you a silver peice. And that one all you'd have to do is kill the guy in there. He's asleep, you see. Of course, if you live in the hovels here, then about half your earnings go to the bosses, but that's just the way it goes. Better than livin' in one of the proper tenements. Sure, you get better facilities, but practically everything goes to the landlord, and he to pay the bosses himself.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:23 PM
Lillah starts to notice the dimming light. Assuming that it is a bad thing she says "Damm Yeah maybe I'll keep looking around." She takes a few steps back.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:25 PM
With an unpredicted suddenness, all of the light and sound in the area vanishes.
((This is as Control Sound and Control Light))

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:25 PM
"Oh this is not good." But only to herself since there is no sound. Lillah flicks a dagger into her hand, and rolls several feet to her left.
((Oh is this magical darkness or can darkvision work in it?))

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:30 PM
((Your voice is quelched instantly))
A dark, robed figure rises up out of the darkness. Unlike everything else, he is clearly visible. His hood is drawn over his head, and his red eyes glint in its shadows. There are red etchings along the cloak, in the color of blood. The area is so black and empty that it is almost as if Lillah is in a black, empty space...
You cannot run.
The man's voice rings clear in the silence.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:32 PM
I wish I could talk so I could make a witty retort
Lillah tries to run anyway. She turns and tries to run out of the slums.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:35 PM
The man walks slowly, somehow keeping pace with her. The darkness and silence follow him. He laughs, softly and coldly, the sound crescendos until it echoes around her.
((In reality, she is getting out of the slums, but due to darkness she seems to be getting nowhere))

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:38 PM
Lillah spins to face the man. Might as try. "Let me guess your with the assassin people, and are here to return my dagger?"

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:40 PM
He smirks at her, even though she cannot hear her voice.
Tired of the chase so soon? Should I end it?
He raises his hand, and a black shafted spear ripples into being. The spearpoint is red from bloodstains.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:42 PM
Reading my thoughts are you, well try this on for size. Her mind is suddenly a jumble of chaos. She flips out another dagger and throws it at the man.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:45 PM
The man seems unaffected but her sudden chaotic mind, and he does not react to her words. The dagger vanishes into the darkness as it leaves Lillah's hand, and she does not see or hear it fall.
The man hurls his spear at her. It vanishes into the darkness as well, though it continues its path towards her.

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:47 PM
Lillah tries to twist out of the way but it still hits her in the side. She staggers as it hits her.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:49 PM
The man snaps his hand and another spear appears in it, letting Lillah deal with the other spear as she will.
No resistance? How sad, I always enjoy watching a last struggle for life...

McBish
2006-11-15, 09:51 PM
She turns to him and smiles at him "Not today." She grabs her stomach and tries to dissapears. ((Does he have anyway to stop her from opening a portal to a extra-dimensional space?))

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 09:55 PM
((Nope))
The man smirks.
My job is done.
He lets the light and sound return to normal when Earin runs up.
"What did you do to her?"
Oh don't worry, Earin... she is quite safe.
The man laughs.

McBish
2006-11-15, 10:12 PM
Lillah suddenly reappears and falls to the street with the spear still in her side. She seems extreamly sick.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:21 PM
Earin tries to run over to her, but the man moves into his path.
I'm afraid not.
Earin flicks his wrist out behind him, and his rapier appears.
"Move or die."
The man laughs.

McBish
2006-11-15, 10:22 PM
Lillah rolls over and sees the two about to fight. "That still sucks. And apparently didn't last long enough."

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:27 PM
Earin leaps to the attack, and the man dodges to one side. With a swift spin, Earin catches him in the side with his rapier.
Howling unnervingly, the man puts a hand to his side. Black blood runs from his wound. His eyes flare red and he sends a wave of pure psionic terror towards Earin and Lillah.

McBish
2006-11-15, 10:29 PM
Lillah gets hit with the wave of terror but isn't in any kind of condition to do anything more than black out.

AmberVael
2006-11-15, 10:32 PM
Earin steps a few paces back, and then the man raises an arm and tentacles of sheer darkness shoot towards him. Earin slashes one to no effect, runs backwards and grabs Lillah's arm and then teleports to Inari's.
The man laughs to himself.
We'll meet again.
He fades away into inky darkness.

McBish
2006-11-15, 10:34 PM
She is teleported.

Renrik
2006-11-16, 12:44 PM
Several GSA enforcers arrive, too late to do anything.

The enforcers disperse, and the neighborhood returns to normal.

The_Librarian
2006-11-17, 02:14 PM
Greeny and Kratos head back to the librarian's house. While the younger wolf seems quite carefree, the older wolf is twitchier and shivering.

Crazy elf druid perhaps... I mean, it might not have been... He follows the cub into the house, still frowning.

In the morning, a great cry of anguish can be heard throughout the slums.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

After a while, a short figure in ill-fitting clothes and a cloak steps out of the house and makes his way into the town...

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:22 PM
Vael appears in the slums, a hood over his glowing eyes, though his clothing makes him obvious. He seems somehow more sinister than normal.
Flashes of light mark the arrival of three strange figures behind him.
Ah yes. It is past time for our reunion, isn't it? Who did Ayral send to greet me?
Vael looks at the three figures out from under his hood. They stand firm, watching him. Vael looks at the first figure and laughs coldly.
Siduur... of course. You never have anything better to do.
He looks at the next figure.
And Fiernista, the faithful hound. What did he promise you if you succeeded, hm?
He stops as he looks at the last.
Now you, Loryn, surprise me. Have you fallen into disfavor? Does Ayral think your presence will compensate for the other two?
A feminine chuckle comes from Loryn.
Perhaps, Vael.
[hr]
Vael smiles thinly.
I'll give you a chance to step aside, Loryn. There is no need for you to die this day.
You say that so you can track me down later while I am alone... I stand a better chance against you now.
Vael tilts his head and laughs.
I swear on the five stars and the blood of my father that if you leave here and never harm me again I will not hunt you.
Prepare to die.
Loryn throws back her hand and a gleaming, sparkling blue sword of energy appears in it. Fiernista draws a massive greatsword, and Siduur slices a small cut in his own arm with a sickle.
Very well then...
Vael's hands begin to glow with power, and then he shoots two lightning bolts, one at Siduur and the other at Fiernista.
[hr]
Two crackling shields burst into view in front of Siduur and Fiernista, but Siduur's shield cracks under the lightning, which spirals through it and strikes him full on in the chest. Siduur screams in pain and mutters something in dark chants, and swooping shadows soar out of various alleys and cracks and holes towards Vael.
Fiernista raises his sword and charges at Vael, and is joined by Loryn, who is blurring with blue light.
Vael holds up a rod, grasping it in the middle of his hand while leaning back and crouching slightly. The encroaching shadows are drawn up and into it. The rod begins pulsing with white light. Vael then points the rod at Siduur. A snapping sound rings through the air like a shot, and a broken lense falls from Siduur's head.
[hr]
Fienista slashes his sword at Vael, who blocks it with an upraised bracer. Loryn's attack, however, pierces Vael through the shoulder. Vael gasps in pain and grits his teeth, and then grasps the mind blade in his hand and dissapates it. Loryn leaps back and summons another, while Vael drives a dagger into a gap in Fiernista's armor.
Siduur chants again, and a massive demon appears in a burst of flame.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 04:45 PM
Iames appears in the Slums behind Vael. So, Vael, going to introduce me?

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:48 PM
Vael leaps back a few paces after his dagger strikes home and snarls.
Very funny Iames.
Fiernista's third eye glows as the dagger hits him, and he swings his sword at Vael's head, taking a step foward to reach him.
Loryn looks at Iames with calculation in her eyes, then summons a second mind blade in her left hand.
Siduur points towards Iames, and the massive summoned demon runs at him, the ground shaking under his feet.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 04:54 PM
Iames smiles at the demon as his eyes flash yellow. You attack me, the god Iames Osari, the Child of Passion? Kneel before me, wretch, and I will spare you a world of suffering.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:59 PM
Vael staggers back as Fiernista's sword hits his psionic armor. Somehow his eyes seem to be losing their glow, and Fiernista's sword is growing blacker and duller with each passing moment. Vael shoots a small jet of energy at the darkly armored council member.
The demon's eyes flare a disgusting brown color, and so do Siduur's. The council member laughs and the demon strikes out with a massive claw and a blast of fire from his other hand.
Fiernista blocks Vael's energy jolt with his sword, and raises the greatsword to strike again.
Loryn throws her two mind blades at Iames and makes an long, acrobatic flip and leap to his other side and throws two more.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 05:04 PM
Iames smiles again as his eyes return to green. Vael, I suggest you do something evasive. Now. He activates an energy storm (negative energy).

McBish
2006-11-18, 05:08 PM
The mutt spots the fight from a distance. Yeah this looks out of my leauge. And Iames is there. Oh I know what to do. He runs to the streets.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:09 PM
Vael curses and turns incorporeal and seeps into the ground.
Fiernista's armor and sword seem to absorb the negative energy and he turns and holds up a hand towards Iames. A channel of negative energy drains from his armor and weaponry and shoots towards Iames.
Loryn leaps into the air and lands on a rooftop, hurling three more blades at Iames.
Siduur crosses his arms in front of himself and staggers at the onslaught of energy, and the demon mimics him.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:12 PM
((So... uh. Got this covered or would you like a hand? Or four?))

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:12 PM
((Join in if you like))

McBish
2006-11-18, 05:13 PM
((The mutt is coming to tell people))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 05:15 PM
Loryn's mindblades are blocked by the energy storm, and Iames retroactively dodges the fireball and claw. (( >.< )) The channel of negative energy strikes Iames, and staggers him. Iames manifests schism and heals himself while pulling out his FN Five-seveN and firing three rounds at Fiernista.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:16 PM
Phoenix and Phoenixineohp appear near the fight. They take a moment to take in all of the situation.
"So, start with the usual then?"
"Right-o."

They both cast Finger of Death. One directed at Loryn and one at Fiernista.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:20 PM
Fiernista's armor blocks two of the shots, but the other smashes into his chest. He snarls and staggers.
He's a god!
Siduur's shout reaches the other two and they nod. Each of them brings out a small black charm and holds it in their hand.
Vael jumps back out of the ground and curses as he sees the charms.
Iames, run!
He does something psionically and the draining effect that Fiernista had put on him reverses. Fiernista growls and ignores it, focusing on his charm, and also shrugs off the finger of death.
A crackling field of energy forms around Loryn as the spell touches her, warding her from its effects.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:23 PM
The women blink as the spells pass.
"So next stage then."
"Righto. Vael, if you want to survive this, get 50 feet away. Or switch to Fenix. Quickly. Cause I'm casting anyways."

They both cast Meteor Swarm, pointing right at the three attackers.
((It should be the full 6D6, and it's times 8, as there are 8 meteors. That comes to 288 as a possible total. Hehe. I like that spell...))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 05:25 PM
Iames blinks, and disappears.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:29 PM
Vael concentrates, and one of his eyes turns red, and a single flaming wing sprouts from his back. He draws one of Fenix's katanas and then strikes at Fiernista with his mind and sword.
Fiernista blinks as Iames vanishes, and then blocks the katana with an armguard as he brings his own sword back up.
Loryn throws a mind blade at Vael, Phoenixineohp and Phoenix.
Siduur tries to regain focus, while his demon awkwardly moves towards the two women.

Fiernista is struck with a meteor blast and is hit by Fenix's katana, while Loryn dodges the swarm in a series of acrobatic leaps.
Siduur, however, does not fare as well. He is struck full on and screams in agony, then his eyes blaze and he collapses to the ground.
His demon writhes and clutches its head.

McBish
2006-11-18, 05:30 PM
The mutt comes and starts to watch the fight from a good way's away. Waiting to see if he should do anything.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:34 PM
((And the giant chunks of space that are raining down on them?))

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:35 PM
((I never saw your edit... even after I posted...))
((Done))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 05:38 PM
Iames reappears, several miles above the fight. His eyes narrow as he looks down at the goings on.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:40 PM
((So one took a sword and 288, one took 144, one took 288. And they keep going. Grrrrrrreat. :P ))

The women smile faintly and cast the same spell again.

((Assume I make one really great touch attack roll please. On the guy with the demon. Up to you if he still beats it though.))

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:42 PM
((Nope, one of them got hit twice, one 'died', and the other dodged. This ain't Dnd, remember ;) ))
Fenix pulls a follow through attack while Vael launches a jet of cold at Fiernista.

Fiernista blocks the cold but Fenix's strike ripples across his chest and then he is crushed to the ground by the repeated meteors.

Loryn leaps down at the two women, swinging one of her mind blades at each of them, dodging the meteors with unnatural speed.

The demon ignores the fire and charges Vael.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:43 PM
((Don't spell rules apply though? With gentle modification?))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 05:44 PM
((Oh, Iames is flying, btw, not falling))

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:45 PM
((Skydiving into a fight. That's a new idea. ;) ))

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:49 PM
(( What is the effect of the attack she is using? I don't know a whole ton about that type of thing. The mind blades...))

AmberVael
((Picture a lightsaber. She is attacking with freaky cool glowing swords made of mental energy that deal a bit of extra damage))

Lord Iames Osari
Iames teleports down next to the demon, aims a scything blow at the demon's neck, and then teleports away whether it hits or not.

Flabbicus
2006-11-18, 05:57 PM
Various civilians seek shelter within their humble homes as a protective measure against the onslaught of attacks.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 05:57 PM
The women take the hits screaming and vanish, only to appear again, flying above the fight.
"Kill the bitchy one."
"Kinda trying to already, you know..."

They cast Horrid Wilting at her.
((Again, possibly a full 20d6 times two. Or half each, making a full 20d6. If we were playing DnD ;) ))
((Comma, comma, comma. :P ))

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:01 PM
Fenix strikes his katana home in Fiernista's neck, who screams aloud and psionically. His mental voice tears through the minds of everyone nearby, rending at their psyche. Vael staggers back, but his third eye protects him.
The demon turns sluggishly, and Iames hits it in the shoulder rather than the neck. It roars and sends a jet of fire at him and flies after him with its massive bat wings.
Loryn's field of energy writhes and then bursts under the magical assualt, though she takes no harm. Her eyes dart around and she leaps onto a rooftop, and then to another, swiftly leaping away.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 06:05 PM
Phoenix screams in anger at the psionic cry. Phoenixineohp grits her teeth and closes her eyes. Swearing, Phoenix casts horrid wilting at Fiernista while Phoenixineohp mutters something and splits to cast it at the demon.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:07 PM
Iames grits his teeth at the psychic scream but is otherwise unaffected. He evades the jet of fire and allows the demon to approach, then attempts to crush the its mind with a brutal mental assault. For good measure, he shoots it with his pistol and attempts a second psychic crush.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:11 PM
Fenix twists his katana, and Fiernista falls before it and the draining spell. Vael then turns his attention to the demon. He smirks and his teal eye glows as he traces some psionic connection he has to it.

The demon is largely unnaffected by the wilting, but it shrieks with rage at the mental assualt, though it shrugs the second one off. The pistol shot glances off of its thick scaly hide.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 06:16 PM
Phoenixineohp glances at Phoenix as she quickly shouts, "Uh, Iames, lookout!"
Phoenix, not noticing Phoenixineohp's gaze or the location of anyone else other than the Demon screams "METEOR SWARM!" in a fit of rage, her eyes buring a deep red, her wings throwing off flames.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:17 PM
Shrink, Iames says as the demon comes into melee range, and his pistol disappears. He then unleashes a storm of blows against the demon, always aiming for a lethal blow.

Iames is caught in the meteor swarm, but it doesn't seem to worry him much. The fireballs he doesn't manage to entirely avoid don't seem to even singe him.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:21 PM
Vael searches the connection he has formed with Siduur's new form and finds what he is searching for, and prepares himself.

The demon is struck in the shoulder and the back by the falling, flaming rockshards, but is mostly unaffected since it is just fire. One shard, however, smashes into his collarbone and snaps it. Iames's strikes are not as lethal as he had hoped, but the demon is thrown out of the air, bruised and bloody.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 06:21 PM
((:roach::smalltongue:))

Phoenix starts flapping her wings faster and faster, but still stays in the one spot. Phoenixineohp stares at her a little worried.
"Phoenix. Hun. Calm down. It's not that bad. We are doing fine. You are fine. Relax."
Phoenix seems to calm a little but still mutters out another Finger of Death.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:24 PM
((Improved Evasion combined with fire resistance 26 is fun))

Iames flies after the demon, trying to deliver a single fatal blow.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:30 PM
Vael finds the link he wanted with a grin. He redirects Siduur's mind back to its old path, and the demon spasms and dies as Siduur is sent back to his old body and slain.
Far away, Loryn watches the fight with narrow eyes. As Siduur dies, she nods to herself and leaps into the air, vanishing in a whirl of smoke before she hits the ground.

phoenixineohp
2006-11-18, 06:33 PM
Phoenixineohp sighs as the battle ends and looks over at Phoenix who is still in a bit of a rage.
"Okay. Home time for you. You can give kisses to him another time. Off to bed."
Phoenix turns to her,
"Why you cond..." They teleport out.

((I'm off for a while. Nice fight guys. :) ))

McBish
2006-11-18, 06:33 PM
The mutt seeing that the fight is over leaves Iames to handle this.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:36 PM
Iames sees the demon spasm and pulls up. I'm probably going to regret saying this, but that didn't go as badly as it could have.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:37 PM
Vael changes back to be fully himself as his Schism power falls away. He puts a hand to the cut Loryn gave him and winces.
It could have been worse. Much worse. We were up against some of the weaker members of the council, however.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:39 PM
Iames flies over and casts a cure spell on Vael.

((Yes, I know Vael is probably incorporeal still. Iames has ghost touch hands))

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:42 PM
The cut very, very stubbornly closes. Vael watches it with unease.
Loryn though... I didn't expect to see her here.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:46 PM
Let's go somewhere more private to talk. If I'm going to help you fight these people, I'll need to know more about their capabilities.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:48 PM
Vael nods to Iames.
Any ideas?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:49 PM
Iames smiles. Yes, actually. He opens up a gate to Tyrath. After you.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27656

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:50 PM
Vael manifests few psionic effects before walking through the portal.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 06:57 PM
Iames goes through the gate, and it closes behind him.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 06:59 PM
Terraunt? An indirect trace please?
They are in a plane called Tyrath. HERE.
The telepathy rings with meaning.
Then we will trace them...

Xerillum
2006-11-18, 10:42 PM
A regiment of dwarves march into the slums.

Renrik
2006-11-19, 02:33 PM
The goblin beggars watch the dwarves. Some scurry off, others finger the long knives under their robes. Hidden goblin snipers take positions, ready to fire.

A contingent of some twenty-five plainsclothed goblinoids, wearing grey sashes carrying an assortment of painful-looking weapons, forms up to stop the dwarves path.

Another such contingent forms up behind the dwarves. The hovels on either side are full "beggars" with knives.

A single goblin man steps forward, a captain of the GSA, clutching his hands tightly around his morningstar.

What's your buisiness here?

Lucky
2006-11-19, 04:27 PM
A man in a black, hooded cloak watches the movement from a dark alley. His features invisible to due the shadows and his hood.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 09:29 PM
Let me answer that... The dwarven regiment draws their warhammers and begins to attack the goblins.

Lucky
2006-11-19, 09:32 PM
The man waves to someone down the alley and two more black-cloaked figures step out. Stay here, I need to go notify someone... He disappears into the shadows as the other two take up watching.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 09:34 PM
Their captain is stabbed through the gut. he falls, dead. Fight...keep ...fighting...

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 09:49 PM
The dwarves fight on, and the small band seems to be losing.

Lucky
2006-11-19, 09:53 PM
((Seriously X... You need to wait for Renrik to respond... Just settle down and wait until he posts, even if it takes the night, he'll post.))

The first cloaked man returns, appearing from the dark shadows of the alley. Liam, Rory, new plans, you are to watch the dwarfs closely and try to find their head of command, if you get caught, try your damn hardest to get out, but otherwise you know what to do. I'll stay and watch the goblins, seems we have some sort of agreement with them, but it's best to keep close tabs on them anyways. Rory and Liam nod their heads and resume watching from the shadows, almost invisible.

The_Librarian
2006-11-20, 07:32 AM
Down a shady, narrow road with uneven cobbles, the librarian and the Greeny Wolf walk back to her house in the slums. The librarian's wings are partially unfurled, a sign of tension. As she reaches the door, she wraps her wings around her, and seems to take a long time finding the key.

Deciding it was mere paranoia, she lets go of her sword, finds her key and enters her house, with Greeny close behind as ever.

Renrik
2006-11-20, 12:21 PM
No, X is right. The dwarves are losing. They're deep in the goblin territory and surrounded by experts in guerilla warfare. Nets are being thrown at them and they are being peppered with bolts. The escape routs are being cut off on the front and back, and anyone entering the labyrinth of hovels will be killed by the "beggars".

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-20, 05:14 PM
Gar decided that he would need a few preparations after checking out his target. He went to his shack in the slums and disappeared inside.

Renegade Paladin
2006-11-20, 08:52 PM
Gaheris emerged from his impromptu safehouse and looked around at the deserted alley. Not seeing anyone, he proceeded up towards the Town proper.

Gaheris returned much later that night and slipped through the maze of run-down buildings, concealed in moving shadow.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-21, 06:27 PM
Gar comes out of his hideout and looks around. Seeing no one, he slid a pair of black goggles over his eyes and slipped off into the predawn light.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 02:15 PM
Earin slips through the slums, hidden in both body and mind. His eyes glow a bright blue, and yet are unseen.
He is entirely dressed in black, though he wears no mask or anything to cover his disheveled red hair. In his hand is his psionic dagger, and his other hand fingers a dagger hidden in his sleeve.
Overall, the Knight of Inari looks to be a little more crazed than determined. His fiercely glowing blue eyes glance around the streets as he darts and shadow jumps his way through them, looking for the council member's hideout.

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 04:54 PM
Earin's eyes narrow on a certain warehouse, and he is wreathed in psionic energy as he looks on it.
After a short period of watching it, he shadow jumps inside.

McBish
2006-11-22, 04:55 PM
((Oh mean dark Earin. Nice.))

AmberVael
2006-11-22, 05:41 PM
Elya runs into the slums, looking around. A small group of thugs chuckle to each other and move to block her path.
What're you doin' down here? This is our place.
Elya tries to slip around them, but one grabs her by the arm.
Where are you going?
Elya's eyes narrow at him.
Let go.
The man suddenly looks uncertain, and the others laugh at him, not seeing the golden glow rising in her eyes.
Just hit her already and be done with it.
Elya raises her free hand and blasts the man holding her with a shining lance of light, and as he lets go she runs to the warehouse, casts something, and runs inside, the teleportation spell fizzling around her.

Ireth
2006-11-22, 06:08 PM
a drunk elf wanders the slums. when a thug tries to mug him and be off with the alchohol, Ireth managed to make a fortitude save, make a reflex save, and make an attack of opportunity. in otherwords, he was sober enough to see the attack, quick enough to spin and duck, and fast enough to turn the spin into a kick that caught the mugger on the back of the head.

drunk Ireth stumbles past, and kicked the mugger again for being dirty.

Flabbicus
2006-11-23, 08:52 PM
Olbrecht Corvus entered the slums with a huff, he ignored the thieves and vagrants and walked towards a rather run down building.

Your will be done

In one hand he manifested a penetrable magical shield around the hovel and casted Endure Elements on it for good measure. In the other he channeled the spirit of a hobo into himself, fueling the spell and empowering his own divine powers.

He left after the derelict is thoroughly drained and left in a comatose state.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-23, 10:09 PM
Gar slips through the alleyways and ducks into his bolthole.

Renegade Paladin
2006-11-23, 10:12 PM
Gaheris came out of his safehouse and moved straight for the Town, seemingly in a hurry, still clasping his cloak around his shoulders.

Lucky
2006-11-24, 04:16 PM
Traven looks around to see the mess of Dwarf bodies everywhere. Not likely any trail back to the leaders then, full out slaughter. He looks around, spotting the well disguised goblins with his trained eyes. Perfect, I suppose an alliance with them will be just what we need. He turns and walks out of the slums.

Renrik
2006-11-25, 12:17 PM
The goblins watch him go from beneath the cowls of their hoods.

A team of cutters is busy, having already looted the dwarven bodies, piling the carcasses.

The_Librarian
2006-11-26, 01:40 PM
The librarian, Greeny and Kratos return to their small house in the slums.

Deadly
2006-11-26, 01:46 PM
A pair of small, black rats watch them from behind a barrel.

The_Librarian
2006-11-26, 05:31 PM
The librarian heads home alone. She stops at her door and frowns, looking around suddenly.

"Gods I hate doing this..." She casts Detect Evil on the immediate area.

Deadly
2006-11-26, 05:34 PM
((Do you mind an attack? I can spare a bit of time))

The_Librarian
2006-11-26, 05:35 PM
((Eeek, I can't really, sorry))

Deadly
2006-11-26, 05:37 PM
((Another time, then :)))

There are some minor evil auras from the rats behind the barrel, but they are no threat and flee quickly anyway

The_Librarian
2006-11-26, 05:44 PM
The librarian scowls at the fleeing auras.

That doesn't bode well, she thinks to herself, ducking into the house and coming back out with her sword. She sits and waits for the wolves.
____
A short time later, two wolves approach the librarian. greeny looks smug, and Kratos looks sulky.

"He let me get flattened," the cub says, walking past the librarian into the house.

"Hmm? Oh.. oh, that wasn't nice," the librarian says distractedly, watching a barrel across the street. Greeny looks up at her quizzically.

"Something up?" he asks, noticing the sword.

The librarian nods swiftly, then leads the wolf into the house to explain.

Deadly
2006-11-26, 06:23 PM
The two rats return a bit later, sneaking around a corner, making sure noone's there, then hides and keeps an eye on the house like before.

Lucky
2006-11-26, 09:21 PM
Traven steps into the Slums and approaches an alleyway. He keeps his eyes out for anything hostile as he leans against the entrance to tha alley, knocking the back of his heel against the wall.

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 09:23 PM
As Markan follows, he mutters a few words in a flowing, airy language (Auran) and is wrapped in shadow, the gleaming armor and resplendent appearance completely masked. Markan appears now as little more than a three-dimensional shadow, his visor glowing a soft crimson.

Lucky
2006-11-26, 09:29 PM
((Not that it really matters, but Traven speaks Auran, for future reference.))

After Traven knocks against the wall, three cloaked figures appear from the alley. Change of plans, forget about the goblins, I need you all on Judge Gwen, track all of her movements, and send one of you to report to me or this guy here when she's all alone. Traven doesn't even face them as he speaks, almost appearing as if he's speaking to someone else entirely. Dismissed. He says, before they have a chance to respond. They fade back into the darkness. Alright. He turns to Markan. Anything you need before we get things rolling?

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 09:34 PM
(Then what he said was "Enshroud me, eternal darkness.")

"No."

Lucky
2006-11-26, 09:38 PM
Traven leans his head back and rests it against the wall, his foot flat up against it. Then I suppose we're done for now. If one of those guys come running to you, feel free to go ahead without me if you're confident about what you can do. Otherwise we might need to take her while she's with someone, and remove them both.

((Feel free to NPC one of the spies if you're on when I'm not, which will likely happen often. Just have one of them run up to you and say you-know-who is alone or what-not.))

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 09:55 PM
(Sorry about the wait.)

"Understood. Are you to be considered my superior?"

Lucky
2006-11-26, 09:59 PM
Of course, I am superior to everyone short of the Don. Traven pushes off from the wall and begins to walk out of the slums. I wouldn't bother trying to kill me and take over my place, however. I'm not that important.

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 10:04 PM
"Of course not sir. I merely prefer to understand a relatively solid chain of command"

Lucky
2006-11-26, 10:06 PM
Good. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to leave. Traven departs from the slums.

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 10:09 PM
Markan vanishes with a *foom* and a swirl of smoke.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 03:50 AM
In the morning, the librarian peers out of the door warily. She turns to speak to the wolves in the house.

"Don't be alone. If one of you leaves, you both leave, is that understood?" she asks them.

"What about you?" Greeny asks. The librarian spreads her wings.

"First sign of trouble, I'll take off." She hugs Greeny's neck, and then closes the door behind her. To her surprise, she hears the latch being pushed into place, and looks through the window. A tall, green-haired and almost stocky-looking elf waves back at her, before turning back into Greeny.

"Gods, I'm not going to get used to that." She turns and walks towards the town.

The librarian returns to her home and walks inside. She doesn't stay long, however.

"I can take care of myself better than you and dad!" the cub protests.

"I just want to know you're all right."

The librarian, Greeny and Kratos leaves the slums.

Renrik
2006-11-27, 02:15 PM
Seeing that the three have left, a group of goblins takes up observational positions near the house. They are dressed as beggars.

Several gnolls in an alleyway finishing mugging a half-orc.

Not-Renrik the goblin assassin makes his way through the streets, drunk as all hell, poking things with a stick.

A group of goblin kids are holding impromptu wrestling matches in a ring made of cleared-out rubble.

A Goblin Labor Party worker is handing out pamphlets.

Narfang is walking around in the slums, his badge hidden as usual, talking to his underworld contacts and keeping dibs on crime in the area.

At the workhouses, the low-paid workers are hard at their work.

Beggars sit around, begging and watching.

An NPC walks by: *sigh* Times are tough....

Aforementioned NPC is mugged by aforementioned gnolls, who, being criminals operating in GSA territory, are subsequently killed by a group of GSA cutters.

Ares
2006-11-27, 02:23 PM
Ares enters the slums, and vanishes into the shadow. On a rooftop, watching a certain house, lays a human assassin. He's waiting for the owner of the house to return, before he can make his move.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Ares suddenly appears behind the assassin. He turns, and when he sees Ares he tries to cry out, but no words come. Ares kicks out, snapping the man's ribcage inwards. The man falls over, and dies soon after, due to massive organ damage and internal bleeding. Ares picks him up and throws him down to street level, in front of one of the goblin "beggars".

"You picked the wrong house to watch."

McBish
2006-11-27, 02:27 PM
Nimh walks through a different part of the slums looking for homeless children, or mothers.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 02:31 PM
The librarian follows the familiar path back towards her home. She looks at little jumpy as she passes the shadows, and she draws her sword.

Ares
2006-11-27, 02:32 PM
Ares sees the librarian, and slides back into the rooftop's shadows.

McBish
2006-11-27, 02:39 PM
Nimh gives about a hundered gold pieces to various children and women who appear to be homeless. About 10 gp to each.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 02:40 PM
The librarian looks around, trying to keep her expression as neutral as possible, but as she reaches her front door, her wings are partially unfurled - a sign of tension she hasn't mastered at hiding yet. She looks around at the shadows and shivers.

She still gets the feeling she's being watched.

She takes a breath, turns on her heel and begins to head back out of the slumes slower than when she arrived. She keeps glancing around worriedly.

McBish
2006-11-27, 02:42 PM
Nimh sees the libraian with her sowrd drawn and tries to catch up with her.

Ares
2006-11-27, 02:43 PM
Ares watches her leave, then drops down to street level. He looks at all the goblins watching her house.

"Leave, or I'll return."

Deadly
2006-11-27, 02:43 PM
A single of the numerous rats inhabiting the slums stop and watch her from the shadows.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 02:45 PM
Away from the house, the librarian stops and turns. She turns around.

"Who's there?" she calls.

Ares
2006-11-27, 02:46 PM
Ares notices the lone rat, and casts detect magic on it.

McBish
2006-11-27, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry if I'm intruding my lady, but I noticed your drawn weapon and was wondering if you were in need of assistance. My name is Nimh.

Deadly
2006-11-27, 02:50 PM
((If Ares can't see Libris he shouldn't see the rat, I think. But if he can see it, it seems to be a slightly less than normal rat. Actually it appears to be much more intelligent that a rat should be.))

The rat watches Libris silently

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 02:50 PM
The librarian nearly laughs with relief.

"Oh, Nimh is it? Sorry, I've... I think I'm being watched. No, I know it. I've detected evil auras around here... it's freaking me out."

McBish
2006-11-27, 02:51 PM
It is understandable. If you wish I could walk with you.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 02:55 PM
"Well, it's that or I start Detecting Evil every few minutes. And I've seen what that does to paladins. Open your head at the wrong time and Wham! Oh look, dead, comatose and/or crazy paladin." She shivers. "I'd love the company. Whay are you out here, anyway?"

McBish
2006-11-27, 02:58 PM
Um well, I was trying to help some people out. He walks up next to her and will start walking with her when she moves.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 03:02 PM
The librarian begins to head towards the streets.

"Very noble," she says. "And this is not the easiest place to do it. A lot of the goblins seem on edge around here, and as for thieves... ha, actually, that's mainly my brother. But other sorts of trouble, it's all here." She sheathes her sword and wraps her wings around herself for warmth. "I detected a great evil here the other day. It had gone, but it was terrible enough to leave a sort of residue that I could still feel. It's probably not safe round here, but I don't want to be chased out of my home!"

McBish
2006-11-27, 03:05 PM
The easist place to help is often the place that needs the least help. The troubles of slums are not unkown to me, and I don't fear them to much anymore. But this great evil you speak of is quiet troubling.

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:07 PM
The rat follows a bit behind, sticking to the shadows.

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:09 PM
Ares follows the rat, drawing a six shooter silently as he does.

The_Librarian
2006-11-27, 03:09 PM
The librarian nods as they reach where the slums meet the streets of the town.

"Yes, very troubling. Be on your guard Nimh, and may Bahamutte watch your path. I'll be fine from here on. I'm just going to Trog's."

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:10 PM
The rat stops at the edge of the slums. It seems to forget Libris and starts eating some corn it found on the ground.

McBish
2006-11-27, 03:10 PM
Very well. Have a pleasnt afternoon. And I am always on my guard. Nimh heads down an alleyway.

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:11 PM
Ares casts detect magic and detect evil.

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:12 PM
((There are no active magical effects on the rat, but it is quite obviously evil))

McBish
2006-11-27, 03:12 PM
((Magic on Nimh if I'm within range, but no evil.)) Nimh sits down and seems lost in thought. ((And now I'm off to class.))

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:13 PM
Ares walks closer to the rat.

"What are you, and why are you following her?"

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:15 PM
The rat looks up at him nervously. It does it's best to look like any other rat, which includes not speaking.

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:18 PM
Ares aims the six shooter at the rat, and pulls back on the hammer.

"Try again."

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:22 PM
The rat squeaks and holds up it's front paws "I'm just a rat, ok? Don't want no trouble, sir."

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:22 PM
"Right, why are you following her around?"

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:25 PM
"Just looking for food. She looked rich, compared to goblins and beggars, and rich people leave the best food." it says, shifting a bit

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:31 PM
"Right...being intelligent, you could have easily come into Town and gotten food, yet you didn't. Why are you lying to me?"

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:35 PM
The rat looks around nervously "Uh... I don't lie, I swear it. People don't like rats in Town. Hunts us if they see us. My brother was killed at the fox temple because he sought food there... slums are safer."

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:37 PM
"Of course...and why do you radiate evil?"

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:40 PM
"I... uh... was recently, uh, enlightened... yeah, I used to be real mean until my newfound intelligence made me aware of my errors." the rat says, obviously starting to get desperate

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:43 PM
"Hm....nope. Don't believe you, so how about you just give me a damn good reason why I don't pull this trigger?"

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:49 PM
"No, please! I haven't done anything wrong, I was just looking at her.... is that a crime? I don't mean her any harm, you gotta believe me, please."

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:51 PM
"Then tell me the truth."

Deadly
2006-11-27, 03:54 PM
"I... I..." the rat looks desperate "I can't! They'll hurt me!" it squeaks and sets off in a mad run, hoping to reach the nearest alley and get to safety.

Ares
2006-11-27, 03:58 PM
Ares rushes after the rat, and fires three shots at it.

Renrik
2006-11-27, 04:02 PM
A group of nearby goblins (not the beggars, now watching the house from a new hiding spot, but a seperate group, civilian by the look of things), hearing the shots, run towards the commotion. A few GSA goblins also arrive, their crossbows out, looking for the source of the gunfire.

Deadly
2006-11-27, 04:03 PM
The rat, by pure luck, manages to evade the first shot, but takes the two others. One hit had been enough though. Some rather bloody remains are all that's left.

Ares
2006-11-27, 04:04 PM
Ares quickly casts detect evil around the rat's remains.

Deadly
2006-11-27, 04:07 PM
((Nothing's there but a dead rat... poor minions :)))

Renrik
2006-11-27, 04:14 PM
The goblins, seeing the source of the fire, advance, but a cry in goblin stops them.

A messenger has appeared, and is yelling in goblin:

The dwarves are back! The dwarves are back! About twenty-thousand dwarves on the main thoroughfare in the upper city! They're likely to begin an advance here soon! Scramble to your positions! Get ready!

Another goblin replies in his native tongue:
Twenty thousand? What? That's not good ratios for us! That's more than the whole GSA, even with the reserves!

Aye, twenty thousand! Get ready! This could be the beginning of a gang war! You know the policy! Defend the community! This'll be genocide if we don't!

A goblin commnder begins barking orders in goblinoid:
You heard him! Get to your positions! That's a direct order from the top! Get to your positions! To arms! If they set so much as one foot in this neighborhood, they doom themselves all! We fight to the last man! For the People! For the Cause!

Goblins begin scrambling about, collecting supplies, reinforcing garrisons, setting barricades, making explosive devices, and stockpiling weaponry.

Ares
2006-11-27, 04:16 PM
Ares walks back into Town.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-27, 11:02 PM
Several skeletons in black jump off the roof of an abandoned building. They check to make sure no one is looking and half of them go inside. The rest climb back up to the roof and take watch.

McBish
2006-11-28, 01:10 PM
Nimh starts to wander around the slums trying to find a rat to talk to.

After finding several rats that seemed normal and didn't know anything he heads out of the slums and towards Trog's.
((Oh by the way he asked the rats about a large evil that might be in the area and if they knew anything.))

Renrik
2006-11-28, 02:08 PM
The slums are quiet, but just beneath the surface one can feel a palpable energy running through the streets. Few goblins are in sight save for the beggars. It appears as if the GSA has abandoned the area.

But just beneath every pile of rags, behind every pile of rubble, in every alleyway and on every rooftop, the GSA volunteers lurk, awaiting the inevitable attack.