PDA

View Full Version : Slums

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

McBish
2006-11-28, 02:44 PM
Nimh in human form walks into the slums. He finds a quiet alley, and sits down thinking.

Deadly
2006-11-28, 02:50 PM
Something moves in the shadows further down the alley.

[hr]
It moves a bit closer and faint voices can be heard arguing for a moment, then they disappear.

McBish
2006-11-28, 05:07 PM
Nimh starts interveiwing rats around Libris's house.

Xerillum
2006-11-28, 05:43 PM
the Dwarven Army marches into the slums, setting up archers and snipers. Tor walks ahead, wearing no armor, and carrying only a shortsword. He stands in front of the GSA.

McBish
2006-11-28, 05:46 PM
((Renrick isn't online and I think your going to have to fight before reaching there main headquarters.))
Nimh not finding any rats that are telling him what is going on he heads to Trog's.

Renrik
2006-11-29, 01:39 PM
Dude, the dwarves haven't got time to set up archers and snipers. The moment they come within 100 feet of the slums, the goblin snipers already in position open fire. Tor had best be carrying a white flag if he wants to get anywhere.

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 04:36 PM
The army stops at 100 feet from the slums and sets up the archers on portable towers, enhanced with Greater mage armor for each archer.

Renrik
2006-11-29, 06:25 PM
As they do so, the goblins open fire.

Let the battle begin.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 08:33 PM
K'shakh and a a sizable batallion of mindless undead arrive on the scene out of weird, purple-framed holes in the fabric of the world. An ancient mass teleportation spell, it sent the undead to the negative energy plane then immediately a second teleportation to their destination to boost their strength an abilities.
Given the advantage of choosing his position instantaneously after his foes had chosen theirs, K'shakh and his buffed undead teleport into the fray on the Dwarves' flank, massive Scythe-Skeletons leading the way with their sharp, bony claws longer than the dwarves they fought, and archer fire with the strength of death itself behind it from massive composite bows arches over the Scythe-giants' heads and into the dwarven body. K'shakh, himself, hurls fireballs and a few balls of other elements, just in case, into the dwarven ranks. After he doesn't feel safe in his odds of not hitting goblins with fireballs, he flies down into the fray and begins to tear at foes with his heavy, curved knife and blade.

Fenric
2006-11-29, 08:42 PM
The werefox clerics bravely but quietly do their work of keeping the goblin troops alive and well.

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 08:44 PM
The clerics create a wave of powerful holy energy that hits the undead. The four towers fire a rain of arrows down at the goblins as the main force charges the goblins with axes and hammers. A few die from the undead fire.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 09:15 PM
The scythe-beasts take the brunt of the holy energy, leaving the skeleton archers on the front lines for a few moments. Dwarven hammers are able to cut several down before skeletal calvary, astride skeletal warhorses charge in with polerms and heavy weapons to relieve the pressure on the archers. All the undead near K'shakh ignore the effects of the holy wave as he bolsters them with his own magic. Activating another spell as he holds off dwarves with parries of his sword, a field of dark blue energy spreads over the ground below in K'shakh's feet, in a forty foot radius. All corpses, though not the re-dead, on the ground it rolls over, reanimate as mindless undead to battle alongside K'shakh.

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 09:20 PM
A cleric in shimmering robes and carrying a bejeweled staff stands to the undead, raises his staff, and speaks an ancient word of power, prodicing a wave of holy energy on par with that of a deity.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 09:40 PM
The steeds dissolve out from beneath the calvary, though the warriors themselves appearn unharmed and draw forth their hookswords to battle the encroaching dwarves. Every dwarf that fallsby K'shakh rises to the sides of the undead and attack the dwarven ranks from the inside. K'shakh flies again above the battlefield, and with a Negative Energy Votrex (reversed gate, essentially; the energy from that plane pours into our realm though no creatures can travel through) in the midsts of the dwarven ranks, calls out a challenge to the priest even as he casts powerful magic wards upon himself.

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 09:43 PM
The priest replies with a stronger Positve Energy Vortex. He grips his staff with white knuckles as he struggles to gain ground.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 09:54 PM
K'shakh doesn't break his concentration to grin at the thought that the priest was playing right into his hands, forcing himself to focus on the energy vortex being strong enough to combat the larger positive channelling. Using the priest's broken concentration, an uncountable number of hideously venomous serpents emergy from K'shakh's mummy wrappings, several snakes to every tiny gap, and bite visciously at the high priest with fangs sharper than enchanted blades and poison as deadly as any creature has ever known.
If the snakes break the priest's concentration, K'shakh will dispel his own vortex and attack the priest with his swords, as well.

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 10:01 PM
the vortex disintegrates the snakes as the priest, in a last ditch effort, sats a string of words in ancient tongue. The massive diamond on the top of the staff shatters, releasing a rift to the plane of Positive energy. the blast can overcome the negative energy.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 10:06 PM
((EDIT: Wait, wait, why does positive energy disintegrate living snakes? I misread it as "the vortex disentegrates as the snakes attack" the first time.))

((Aaaaand I accidentally deleted that whole post. Undead attack dwarven flank, avoid positive vortex (if it's even still there), K'shakh moans on the ground and smoke curls up from his mangled body. He's still quite alive and in good mental shape, just paralyzed from the neck down and in extreme pain.))

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 10:12 PM
Xerillum walks out of the Army, clad in cold iron and silver inlays to an adamant full plate. He holds a positive energy blade to K'shakh's neck. Gather your army. you will trouble me no more. Or, I will kill you. on the spot. here and now.

the dwarven paladins and clerics easily take the leaderless undead with their positive energy.

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 10:15 PM
((gotta go.)) ((well, it's just the fact thet they're inherently evil aligned, and positive energy also affects evil.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 10:26 PM
"No, you won't. You don't know how I work, do you?" the burnt mage says, "You assaulted the goblins for no reasons, and you condemn them as evil? Heh, you arrogant bastard, you even think you could harm me. This body is a shell, it means nothing. By all means, free me from it. That way, you'll be completely unable to harm me as a rain spells upon you for days withou end until I need to rest. You'll have eight hours to burn your dead before they rise and attack you at my command. Then back to days of slaughter with the corpses of your dead rising to kill you. Wouldn't that be rich, your own little band of murderers brutally kills someone like you, who really deserves it. Stab your blade into my neck, you pathetic, fleshbound thing of a mortal, and ask yourself if there are enough hells to condemn a man to who kills a being defending an innocent people you attack based upon genocidal racism to. You're a petty little despot who kills others because you'll never amount to anything. So, you may as well do the only thing so pitiable a being is capable of and try your best to kill me. Let your band of murderers kill my undead only to realize we grow in number while they shrink. May all of you bastards feel the same hopelessness and terror you inflict upon the innocent goblins of this land. Look at those who you've slain and feel triumph over it, the terror and sorrow on their faces, the word "mother" or name of a loved one trying to escape lips that can no longer move, and grin at your Good, your achievement for civilization. Just remember to heed my words, it'll happen to every one of you bastards some day. By my hands, unless you're lucky," K'shakh howls.
The undad continue to press the dwarven flank, fallen undead rising up and falled dwarves rising beside them. The avoid the positive vortex for the negative, merely firing arrows into the dwarves who hide near the positive vortex until the dwarves charge them. K'shakh's pain-wracked face splits into a grin.

((K'shakh is Chaotic Good, as are the serpents who are component parts of his body. I should've made that more clear, I suppose. That's also why holy energy isn't harming most of the undead; they're mindless servants of a good leader.
I'm going to go with the snake thing. Prone, verbally abusive K'shakh is fun to play. The "easily take" remark, I'm going to have to object to as godmodding. They aren't leaderless. They just aren't getting any orders other than to fight dwarves and save goblins.))

Xerillum
2006-11-29, 10:34 PM
((ah. my mistake.)) Xerillum delivers on it, but casts trap the soul. The army of dwarves retreat to the Temple of thor, leaving behind 500 dwarven corpses.

Rainspattered
2006-11-29, 11:03 PM
"Mortal spells have no effect on me. They body I inhabited was a curse placed upon me for falling in love with the wrong woman. It was designed to make me mindless and powerless. Through sheer force of willpower and vengeance, I regained my identity and gained magical prowess. Do you think such great magic could be undone by a sword strike and a spell the likes of which could be cast by some Apprentice at any magician's guild? Come, now, you didn't expect that to work, did you?" K'shakh cackles, black ichor pouring form his mouth in his laughter. Grimacing, he makes a note not to laugh any longer and a second note that his foes are leaving and very likely are totally unable to hear him. They think me dead, all the better, he thinks to himself, before painfully rising to his feet, the few snakes left to articulate his body hissing under the strain. Painfully raising an arm, the flesh beneath cracks and oozes his jet black blood replacement.
"Goblins, undead, we have won the day. They retreat! Undead, let us retreat to the deathkeep where the clerics may tend to my wounds. Assaulting them at their temple is suicide. You know what we do to the corpses?"
The dwarven corpses rise and march to the temple, repeating K'shakh's speech before his "death," word for word, in an emotionless drone as they march to the temple. They make no attack, no threat. Merely march and stare blankly out, repeating K'shakh's grim promises.

AmberVael
2006-11-30, 12:34 PM
Terraunt appears, and is almost immediately set upon by four thugs as he makes a poor choice for a turn.
Unfortunately, the thugs attacked at a bad time. Terraunt draws a sword out of the air and appears and vanishes at random, but with insane speed, disabling one of them by slashing his leg, decapitating another, puncturing the lung of the third and slicing off the fourth's arm. After that he runs down the street in a blur, leaving the four thugs to die of their wounds.

Renrik
2006-11-30, 01:34 PM
The goblins let out a great cheer, and some give chase to the dwarves, but break off the chase, wary of the arrow fire from the their own troops arching at the last of the retreating dwavres. The dwarves go out of sight, and the arrow fire ceases.

The goblins take their wounded and their dead, and bring them to the safehouses for healing and burial. More wounded and and dead arrive from the docks, and several reserve forces from deeper in the slums, still ready for combat, go to reinforce that area. Some other reserves take up guarding, and the GSA secures the area

Once they are reasonably sure the area is secured. The funerals commence.

Deadly
2006-11-30, 02:03 PM
A lone, cowled figure leaves a small run-down house. It stops and looks around then sneaks away through the slums.

At the edge of the slums he stops and looks around once more before entering the streets.

Xerillum
2006-11-30, 07:15 PM
A team of five shieldbearers march into the slums, and come upon a small shard of glowing steel. they send it to the Temple through a sending bottle and continue their march, a sign to the goblins that dwarves never die until they are attacked.

Rainspattered
2006-11-30, 08:17 PM
"Halt! I challenge any of you who will take me on to unarmed combat," Grothak roars to the dwarves. He is unarmoured, save for his goblin sash and cloth pants. He is unarmed, and his left arm is clearly made of some form of metal. His orcish features are twisted in rage at having been absent when he should've defended his goblinoid companions and at these men who would attack them without any reason.

((Grothak's flesh hand can crush an adantine golem skull, and the metal hand is stronger. Anyone who takes him on in unarmed combat will probably lose. He could beat up a collosus in a fistfight. The challenge was only issued because I'd kinda been ignoring this poor guy.))

Xerillum
2006-11-30, 08:33 PM
The dwarrves march to the docks.

A merchant troupe also marches to the docks, waiting for the shipment of spices.

The_Librarian
2006-12-01, 01:37 PM
The librarian and Greeny approach their home, having come by a longer route than usual.

"I don't like to be without it," the librarian sighs. "It won't take me a minute to find." She unlocks her front door and goes inside. The wolf sits on the path and looks around warily.

Renrik
2006-12-01, 01:54 PM
The merchants are stopped by GSA troops:

'Ey now! Where do ye think yer goin'? It's not a good idea to go down to the docks right now. Can't ye hear the cannons? There's a bloody battle goin' on! Ye ought to turn back. No captain in his right mind would steer his ship into or our of town right now, what with the dwavres blockin' the harbor mouth and blastin' the shoreline ta bits. so you'd best wait for anything to be comin' to the docks.

The_Librarian
2006-12-01, 02:03 PM
The librarian leaves her home and pets Greeny reassuringly.

"I smell gunpowder..."

"If we could afford to live somewhere without riots, then we would, wolf, I promise." They wander back towards the town.

Xerillum
2006-12-01, 05:19 PM
"Dwarves? BLOODY DWARVES? Oh for the love of Inari..."

Gar the Rogue
2006-12-02, 12:34 AM
In a corner of the slums far from the goblin/dwarf battle, Gar emerges from his hideout. Checking for watchers as he always does, he moves up towards the Town.

AmberVael
2006-12-02, 04:47 PM
Vael comes into the streets, incorporeal and nearly unnoticable. He drifts around until he finds the abandoned warehouse. For a moment he pauses, then he drifts inside.

Deadly
2006-12-03, 02:44 PM
A cloaked figure moves slowly through the shadows of the slums, ignoring everything around it. After taking a few turns down some alleys it gets within sight of Libris' house. It stops briefly, then moves closer.

Only a short distance from the house it sits down in a shadowy corner and waits silently.

AmberVael
2006-12-04, 01:17 PM
Ayral comes out of the flaming, abandoned warehouse and sends a jet of consuming fire at a random NPC. He walks away from the slums and the burning corpse.

Renrik
2006-12-04, 01:36 PM
"Dwarves? BLOODY DWARVES? Oh for the love of Inari..."

Aye, they're essentially here ta commit genocide on anyone they think is a monster. Which, unfortunately, includes us, tha orcs, tha gnolls, tha undead, and about half the town. O' course. They're startin' wit tha unpopular races first. Weaken the town up a bit. And so nobody's really doin' anything about it. So we've got ta kill them ourselves.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 02:44 PM
The figure sitting near Libris' house gets up and sneaks over by the house. It looks in a window carefully.

McBish
2006-12-04, 02:47 PM
Nimh walks into the slums, and start to question rats about any large evil they might have seen in the slums.

Ares
2006-12-04, 02:48 PM
Ares, from up high on a rooftop, casts Detect Evil on the figure.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 02:52 PM
Some random rats mention something about "the black ones" and "dark rats" but appear to be frightened of talking too much.

((I guess Nimh can talk to regular, non-intelligent rats, too))

[hr]
The figure detects as True Neutral. It sneaks around the house and peeks in another window.

Ares
2006-12-04, 02:55 PM
Ares leaps down behind the figure. "Can I help you?"

McBish
2006-12-04, 02:57 PM
((Yeah were-rat.)) Nimh slowly makes his way towards Libris house stoping to talk to rats on the way.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 02:59 PM
A small black rat follows a bit behind Nimh, staying silent and hidden as best it can.

[hr]
The figure doesn't seem the slightest bit surprised by Ares' appearance or voice. It turns around and looks at him, but doesn't answer. It's face is concealed by the hood. There's something odd about it.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:00 PM
The librarian leaves the main streets of the town and walks swiftly towards her home. She stops to fasten her armour around herself, reasoning there's probably worse than Kal'El down here, and she unsheathes the Phoenix Blade, ready to flame anything she doesn't like the look of. She continues to walk.

"Greeny?" she asks, her voice barely above a whisper.

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:02 PM
"I asked you a question." Ares attempts to grab the figure by it's collar.

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:03 PM
Nimh stops smelling the rat following him. {Rat} Hello there want to tell me why you are following me?

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:11 PM
Ares grabs the figure easily and it's hood falls down, revealing a grinning face. At first it seems eerily alive, but it quickly becomes apparent that it's a dummy, made of old rags and stuffed with hay. It dangles in Ares' hand, grinning lifelessly at him.

The same instant a dark figure appears slightly behind him, draws a dark and horribly jagged dagger and strikes at him from behind.

[hr]
The rat tries to flee once Nimh spots it.

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:13 PM
Nimh sighs and moves with the speed of a really fast person and grabs at the rat.

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:13 PM
Ares roars as the dagger hits, and he spins, throwing a punch.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:17 PM
The librarian hears the roar and runs towards her home, almost colliding with Nimh on her way as she rushes past.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:20 PM
The figure dodges barely and shows off a row of very sharp teeth. Gazing into it's strangely featureless face Ares feels uneasy ((Will save or be struck with terror, though I'm sure you'll make the save :)))

[hr]
The rat doesn't get far before Nimh catch it. It seems to sneer "Let me go!"

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:21 PM
Ares makes the save and growls. "Leave her alone!"

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:23 PM
Seeing Libris running and hearing the scream Nimh turns, still holding onto the rat, and runs after her.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:25 PM
The figure laughs eerily "Sorry, can't do that. But don't worry, she won't suffer for long. Nor will you!" and jumps through the shadows to strike from behind again.

[hr]
The rat complains loudly

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:25 PM
The librarian doesn't slow as she charges at the curious dummy-creature. She tries to grab hold of it and pull it away.

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:27 PM
Ares eyes slowly burn red. "Not so fast..." He spins around, drawing a six shooter, and fires at the figure.

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:29 PM
Um shut up stupid rat. Nimh punchs the rat hoping to knock it out.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:32 PM
((Libris, if you missed it, there are 2 figures, the dummy and the one fighting Ares. Just thought I would mention it to be sure.))

Libris pulls the dummy away. It turns it's head and seem to grin at her, then explodes. ((As a fireball I assume))

The figure leaps up on a nearby roof, taking the bullet in it's leg. It sneers but keeps it eyes on Ares.

The rat is silenced.

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:35 PM
Ares watches the figure, prepared for anything.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:35 PM
The librarian is thrown back by the force of the blast, but seems to have evaded much damage beyond bruising (half-dragon, yay :)). She watches the second figure leap on to a roof.

"The hell's going on?" she asks, getting to her feet. "You okay?" she asks Ares.

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:37 PM
Nimh chases the figure, still carrying the rat. He jumps up a good distance onto the building and quickly climbs the rest of the way up.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:39 PM
The figure runs along the edge of the roof, then suddenly leaps backwards down on the other side of the building. Nimh can catch sight of it as it disappears into the shadows and appears only a second later behind Ares, striking at him.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 03:41 PM
a green blur is seen leaping in the roofs, it seems to be getting closer...

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:43 PM
"ARES!" the librarian screams in warning

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:44 PM
Ares turns, sword in hand. He blocks the attack, and fires his revolver.

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:45 PM
Nimh stays on the roofs hopeing to block the things escape.

Gemini
2006-12-04, 03:45 PM
A man wearing a green cloak covering his mouth and rusetd gold armor, with white hair andred eyes walks down the street. Smirking as he watches up on the rooftop.
(I'm joining, kay')

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:47 PM
The figure spins around Ares, though still takes the shot in the ribs, and strikes quickly at Ares' neck.

((Sure Gemini, you're welcome :)))

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:49 PM
Ares vanishes, reappearing beside the figure, where he swings from the right, and fires down and to the left.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 03:51 PM
The girl with the green cloak stops and sits on a nearby roof while grinning and showing a love&peace sign

He-llo fellow roof-leapers and street walking people! i come in peace! 'though there doesn't seem to be much peace around....

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:52 PM
Nimh seeing that the thing is fighting and not running jumps down and runs at it sending a kick at the back of it's knee.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:53 PM
The librarian glances up at the girl for a moment, then shakes her head in disbelief. She lunges with the Phoenix Blade, trying to run it through the figure attacking Ares.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 03:55 PM
The figure flips backwards over Nimh, trying to kick Ares in the face while doing so, then runs off a bit, clutching it's wound. It looks around as if trying to spot something and curses.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 03:55 PM
hmmm..seems to be a quite uneven fight....whose side? hmm decicions again...boy, do i hate them....

the girl's goggles flash green for some seconds, as she stares at the fight

McBish
2006-12-04, 03:56 PM
Nimh turns and runs at it keeping his head low. He thows a punch at the things midsection.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 03:57 PM
The librarian chases after it, swinging her sword in rage.

Ares
2006-12-04, 03:57 PM
Ares barely dodges the kick, and chases after the figure.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 04:01 PM
"Damn! I knew I shouldn't have relied on that rat to do the job." the figure mutters and spins to the side, striking at Nimh's right arm. It dodges Libris' blade and striks her hand in an attempt to disarm her.

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:02 PM
Nimh dodges the blow and rolls past the figure. He comes up holding the rat in front of him. This rat?

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 04:03 PM
The librarian grunts as her hand is struck, but her grip on her sword is true. She lunges again.

Ares
2006-12-04, 04:04 PM
Ares leaps up over Libris and Nimh, and fires three shots at the figure.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 04:06 PM
The girl keeps watching on the roof

hmmmm...one of them seems to have some skill with the fists...or maybe he's desperated?

the girl stands on the roof and yells at the figure

HEY YOU!! Yes, YOU!!! the puny one hitting on the wererat!!!! don't you have a more powerfull weapon????

Deadly
2006-12-04, 04:07 PM
"Yeah, that rat!"

The figure is slightly distracted by the rat and winces as Libris' blade strikes true. He leaps back again, one of the shots gracing his shoulder. He curses again and throws a bag at the group which explodes in a cloud of fine dust ((Blindness effect, not sure what kind of save, probably reflex))

It then grabs a vial and drinks the contents. He ignores the girl on the roof.

((Heh, more powerful weapon? It's a +10 keen dagger))

Ares
2006-12-04, 04:08 PM
Ares vanishes as the bag explodes, reappearing again behind the figure. He aims the gun. "Give me a good reason not to shoot."

((Note: he's holding a six shooter...and's already fired six shots))

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 04:09 PM
The librarian instinctively wraps her wings around herself, shielding herself from the powder as she staggers back. She mutters something about dirty tricks under her breath.

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:10 PM
Nimh closes his eyes quickly as the dust hits him and puts the rat behind his back.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 04:14 PM
The figure smirks and turns to Ares "What about you being out of ammo?"

Ares
2006-12-04, 04:15 PM
Ares pulls the trigger, and fires three more shots. ((Yes....there's more ammo in there...hehe...))

"What about it?"

Madmal
2006-12-04, 04:15 PM
not answering, huh? oh, that's it...

the girl jumps down and approaches the affected

you two okay?

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:16 PM
Nimh opens his eyes and makes sure to keep the rat away from the thing. I'm fine, a little offended that you find rats disgusting but that is ok.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 04:17 PM
The librarian opens her wings again and edges over to Nimh.

"Is that rat saying anything?" she whispers.

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:18 PM
Just a rat I found following me. I knocked him out so he would shut up so I could help you.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 04:21 PM
((Foul... :smalleek:))

The figure stumbles backwards at the shots. He stares coldly at Ares, trying to regain some balance.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 04:21 PM
Well, don't blame me, my foster parents were "normal folk" so you can figure where do i got that....what's with the weirdo and that jock?

Gemini
2006-12-04, 04:24 PM
Seeing all that has happened, the cloaked figure runs along the street following the fight, watching. "Hmmm.... I will kill whoever is left."

Ares
2006-12-04, 04:24 PM
Ares vanishes and reappears, standing between Libris and the figure. "Now...let's try this again. You will leave her alone."

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:25 PM
Don't really know but I think the werido is the bad guy. Nimh stays out of the fight guarding the rat.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 04:25 PM
"Thanks Nimh... if he wakes up, ask him about green wolves. I'm missing one." She turns and begins to sneak quietly to her house.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 04:27 PM
weirdos, guy with firearms....these two apply on my "kick ass if posible" list...
the girl moves closer to the wererat, while crossing her arms

Gemini
2006-12-04, 04:27 PM
"What in lord's name is going on up there?" The man runs between an alley, and jumps off the wals, reaching the top;A few buldings away. The man runs toward the battle, sheathing his bastard sword. Almost twice his size.

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:28 PM
How about were-rats? He is still holding onto the rat.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 04:29 PM
"Unfortunatly I must decline. I have my orders, and they involve your death." he says and smirks at Ares, his wounds slowly starting to heal.

Ares
2006-12-04, 04:30 PM
"Well, whoever's giving you your orders must be pretty stupid. Killing Ares, God of War? HA!"

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 04:33 PM
The librarian peers through the window, but all seems as she left it. She swallows hard.

"Greeny, where are you?"

Gemini
2006-12-04, 04:33 PM
The man finally reaches where the fight is. assuming a fighting stance with his sword in front of him. "What is this about? Anyone who attacks next will feel death. NOW! TALK!" The man smirks and starts somatic components.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 04:35 PM
Thegirl scratches her head
hmmmmm...let's see...
she takes a scroll marked with "w" and unscrolls it...
werebison, warlocks, wemics, wirlyakios....here it is....hmm "ask first"...hey! that's not my letter!
she moves her head to the sky and yells
GRAAAAMMMMPAAAA!!!

she then looks at the fight again, as if nothing happened, and takes a scroll marked with "o"
But hey "oversized weapon folk" is here!! that gives the jock a double match!!

hearing the jocks name, she reaches for another scroll
Ares, god of war...."ask for backup"...well, darn

McBish
2006-12-04, 04:36 PM
Um... Hi, we are in the middle of a fight right at the moment, if you could wait a second I'm sure we can talk then. Nimh moves between the man and Ares. Still holding the rat.

Deadly
2006-12-04, 04:36 PM
"Not for me to judge, but it seems like I've been slightly misinformed." the figure stands up straight and sheethes his dagger "I think I should renegotiate the price. Goodbye." he says and turns

Ares
2006-12-04, 04:50 PM
"You ok, Libris?" Ares eyes fade back to their normal color as he turns to the librarian.

Gemini
2006-12-04, 04:51 PM
The man finishes his somatic components and a doppelganger of him appears. One of them run over to Nimh, kicks him in the stomach, takes the rat from him and runs with it. Jumping over buildings with it. "Ha! take that! nobody talks like that to me!" The figure standing there slashes his giant sword at the girl, laughing.

Kyrian
2006-12-04, 04:56 PM
((I've been given permission to do this, so sorry.))

Nimh dodges, keeping a hold on the rat, and leaves.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 05:02 PM
The librarian rests her head against her front door for a moment, eyes closed.

"Yeah..." she says, before looking up at him. "But I don't know if I can say the same for Greeny."

Deadly
2006-12-04, 05:03 PM
The figure smirks to himself and fades out with the shadows.

Ares
2006-12-04, 05:06 PM
"Why, what's wrong with the wolf?"

Gemini
2006-12-04, 05:11 PM
(Being that he dosen't get the rat, he dosen't run away) The doubles of the man fight Ares, swinging and slashing at him.

The_Librarian
2006-12-04, 05:14 PM
The librarian shakes her head.

"He's gone." She walks into the house.

Ares
2006-12-04, 05:16 PM
Ares starts to follow her, but stops. He kicks the doubles aside.

"What do you mean, gone??"

Gemini
2006-12-04, 05:51 PM
They fly back but land on their hand, then charge Ares. The first double jumps in the air and comes down with a slash, while the second double tries to trip Ares.

Madmal
2006-12-04, 10:32 PM
Call for Backup? what kind of advice is that? that's it , i'm revieWing my lists once i get back...
The girl waves a quick goodbye, as she jumps off to another streets...

Renrik
2006-12-05, 01:40 PM
Ya know what? I think the GSA's gonna stay out of this one for the time being. Yeah. We'll just evacuate the area of the slums where everyone is fighting and set up a perimeter to contain the battle.

Gemini
2006-12-05, 04:03 PM
The two keep slicing their swords at Ares, then one of the doubles manages to slice at his shoulder. Then the other double runs on the other side of him, and they keep swinging at him.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-06, 12:10 AM
2000 Thri-Kreen approach the slums.
They cautiously enter the area, weapons sheathed as they go into the goblin area.

They ask if they may help defend against the Dwarves, acting as a shock force in any way which the goblins want.

The_Librarian
2006-12-07, 03:22 AM
The librarian leaves her home, wrapping her wings around herself against the chill of the pre-dawn air. She heads towards the town.

Renrik
2006-12-07, 01:26 PM
The goblins accept the Thri-Kreen, though are wary of any possible spying.

The thri-kreen are told to wait, and led to a number of separate safehouses.

The leader of the thri-kreen is invited to come to the GSA HQ. He is led there by a pair of "beggars"

Gemini
2006-12-07, 03:28 PM
The two finally give on attacking Ares, and decide to jump off the building. Once they land, they start to destroy some of the buldings.

Ares
2006-12-07, 03:31 PM
Ares ignores each attack and turns.

"You two, stop right now."

Gemini
2006-12-07, 03:35 PM
(ok forget them jumping off the building then)
They both turn around. Yes?? What is it?

Ares
2006-12-07, 03:36 PM
((Ares is in front of a building anyways, not on top))

"You're both under arrest."

Gemini
2006-12-07, 03:39 PM
(Oh, sorry bout that then:smallbiggrin: )
Oh, yes. I suppose I am wanted then? I really don't understand what is going on here, so when I came here I saw you injured. My first instinct was to attack the weak, but it seems your the exact opposite. If you come at me, you shall face consequences. So shall this town. The two copies merge into one again.

Ares
2006-12-07, 03:40 PM
"I don't believe I gave you a choice. You're under arrest."

Gemini
2006-12-07, 03:43 PM
The man chuckles, then puts his sword on his back. Oh, this isn't a choice, this is a threat. I am here under business. This area is to be purged of all evil. I'm not here to fight you. Nor will I be arrested.

Ares
2006-12-07, 03:45 PM
"Well, way to be a complete idiot. If you had any brain at all, you would have used Detect Evil and realized I'm not evil."

Gemini
2006-12-07, 03:48 PM
The man looks puzzled. What is this "Detect Evil" you speak of? I have only certain magics the celestials gave me. That is not one of them.

Ares
2006-12-07, 03:49 PM
"You shocking moron."

Gemini
2006-12-07, 03:54 PM
The man begins to laugh. Foolish, Do you honestly think I'm going to stand in my way? Begone knave! I shall obliterate this city in utter seconds. He whirls his hand around in the air, chanting something then there is a flash of lightning, and 3 buildings are destroyed. See, do you now see my power? I can control the forces of nature. The man turns around and walks toward another building.

Gar the Rogue
2006-12-07, 04:10 PM
Gar descends into the slums just as Gemini destroys the houses, people still inside. His eyes go wide as he scampers down a side street, making for his bolthole.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-07, 04:31 PM
Gaheris came sprinting out of his safehouse, sword in hand and cloak flapping behind him.

After a minute, he arrived near where Gemini and Ares were facing off, and slowed down, seeming to melt into the shadows as he hid himself and set about sneaking around behind the arsonist.

He situated himself in an alley mouth behind Gemini, waiting for a moment to see whether he'd been detected.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-07, 04:41 PM
Iames flies high above the Town, watching everything.

Gemini
2006-12-07, 05:46 PM
Gemini looks around, noticing everyone watching him. Hmmm... looks like we have an audience. Gemini adjusts his gauntlets. Then chants a different incantation and holds his hand in the air. Then lifts his hand down and a burst of giant fireballs shoot out of his hand. Destroying five more buildings. Hahahahahahahahahahahah! This place will be gone before dusk. Gemini walks deeper into the slums.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-07, 06:12 PM
Gemini suddenly found himself with a hand over his mouth and the tip of a sword resting above his right kidney. "I don't think so. In the name of Tyr, you are under arrest for arson and murder," a voice snarled in his ear.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-07, 06:51 PM
Iames disappears.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-07, 11:46 PM
The Commander of the group of Thri-Kreen willingly goes in.
He gives the goblins an assesment of his forces, and what he could call on short notice to attack the dwarves.
2 Garrisons of 15000 Thri-Kreen are set up near villiages, and reinforcements of up to another 20,000 can be quickly gotten from other villiages, and if a large force s needed, in 2 weeks 90k Thri-Kreen could be assembled for an assault

The_Librarian
2006-12-08, 05:04 AM
There's a scream from within the librarian's home, followed by the sound of something smashing. Someone very close by might hear the occupant crying to herself after that. After a while, she leaves the home looking unrested and shaken.

Ares
2006-12-08, 06:43 AM
Ares still stands in front of the Librarian's house. He begins to wonder what it's going to take for her to notice.

Gemini
2006-12-08, 03:00 PM
Gemini heavy breathes. Then mutters, Hmmm... it seems you have some skill as to catch me like that, but it will not work. Gemini smashes his elbow into the man holding him, then runs even further into the slums, as he is running, he takes out his giant sword.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-08, 04:57 PM
Gemini's elbow crushed into Gaheris' chain shirt, knocking the paladin off balance just long enough for him to escape. Cursing his clumsiness, Gaheris concentrated on his mental link with Percival for a moment before dashing off in hot pursuit.

Kalbereth
2006-12-08, 05:03 PM
(Gaheris, need any help? Markan's incapacitated, but a couple leonal soldiers could probably make it easier on you)

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-08, 05:09 PM
[ If you want, sure.]

Kalbereth
2006-12-08, 05:16 PM
Two huge, ten-foot tall lions standing on two feet and covered in not brown, but jet-black fur, drop down in front of Gemini and loose a mighty roar into his face (see the leonal entry in the SRD), just as another pair land behind him.

Rainspattered
2006-12-08, 07:44 PM
"I have never heard of harming the weak and innocent as the path to purity. In my lands, the path to purity is paved with, amont other virtues, compassion. Perhaps it is xenophobic of me to impress that moral idealogy upon others, but I find most codes of honour do not laud the murder of innocent people. I cannot abide to see it happen, by my own code, certainly," Yoritomo Kiyomori tells Gemini, flipping from a rooftop to cover any exit not blocked by Gaheris or a leonal. Drawing his kama, he prepares to battle the foe.

Gemini
2006-12-08, 08:46 PM
Gemini laughs. Yes, you're right in most situations, but in this case, no. I was sent by the higher deites to purge this forsaken, desolate place. I will fight you to the death. As for you, Gemini looks at the leonals. He then speaks in celestial. Brothers! I have been sent here by lord Valkar, I have a duty to fulfill, I must destroy this wasteland. Either fight along side me, or be at the edge of my blade; I do not wish to fight, but I will if I must. Gemini Assumes a battle stance, readying himself to attack anyone who tries to attack him.

Kalbereth
2006-12-08, 08:59 PM
(Brothers my arcane arse...)

"We are not your brothers, murdering slime, regardless of the tongue you speak. We serve the Lord Azrael, and you will not be permitted to harm any more innocents. Leave, or be destroyed."

The leonals are grim now, setting into a combat stance with their front legs straight out at an angle, their back legs bent, arms set in a ready position.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-08, 09:24 PM
Gaheris snorted and then responded, also in Celestial. <"I serve Tyr, Lord of Justice, and I say to you that you shall not harm another innocent in this place so long as I draw breath."> He unslung his shield and slid his left arm into the straps in one fluid motion as he raised Bright Edge to a guard position.

Gemini
2006-12-08, 11:16 PM
Gemini runs between the Leonals. In celestial: You say you serve for justice, but why on earth are you protecting the very place where there is none? My goal here is not to harm the innocent, but to harm the dreadful. Valkar ordered me to do his bidding, I have a just cause. Now if you will excuse me I will explore more of this barren land. Gemini puts away his sword and dashes down the street. he turns left and walks slowly among the crowded alleyways. So there ARE people living here, it seems like a busy place, I must report this when I return. Lord Valkar will be proud of me.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-08, 11:22 PM
A shadow fell on Gemini as something big blocked the setting winter sun. If he looked up, he would see a large gryphon hurtling down at him, talons outstretched.

Gaheris smiled grimly as he jogged off after his quarry, his old companion moving to restrain the madman.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-09, 05:34 AM
Mortia is seen, feeling rather strange, walking through the streets of the slums. This is the former mayors fist visit to this part of town, and he is feeling very out of place. He makes his way through the winding streets and alleys, and finds what he is looking for. Libris's house. He goes up to the door, and gentily raps on it, seeing if shes home.

The_Librarian
2006-12-09, 05:40 AM
"Mortia? What are you doing here?" She looks at Ares, but as is usual for this early in the morning, he seems lost in thought.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-09, 06:00 AM
I dont know, really. Ive just been feeling strage all day. wanted to come see you.

The_Librarian
2006-12-09, 06:01 AM
"In what way "strange"?" the librarian asks, sitting on the low wall in front of her house.

The_Librarian
2006-12-09, 06:19 AM
The librarian looks at her feet for a moment.

"I spent the night walking. I didn't want to fall asleep. The tonic didn't work and... gods I don't know, I'm starting to ask questions of myself I hoped I would never have to. Like Ender. I thought Ender had completely left me when he transferred to Trog, but what if he didn't?" She smiles. "Let me know I start glowing green or something."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-12-09, 06:28 AM
Mortia gives her a half hearted smile.

*you wouldnt like me when Im angery...*

His smile quickly fades, and he seems to almost be afaraid.

Can I come in for a bit?

He asks, sounding ashamed..

Gemini
2006-12-09, 11:14 AM
Gemini smirks at the griffon. Then draws his sword and jumps, slashing at its head. Then lands, and runs to the heart of the slums. I have a feeling I was mislead. This place is not evil, it is just a poor place. I will instead do my best to help it. My god, Valkar, has tricked me. I will leave the protection of my god and do as I please now. Valkar....goodbye.... Gemini spends ten minutes with somatic components. He then holds his hand up in the ari, and a beacon of light shoots up in the sky, lighting up the whole town. After the beacon disappears, the sky turns a purpleish color. Gemini falls on the ground. Ah, that took most of my energ.....y.........

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 11:30 AM
[It's not that easy. If you're spending ten minutes on somatic components, you'll be taken down long before you're through. Not that you have the chance through anything but my mercy anyway; the only way you could really have elbowed Gaheris earlier would be to have rammed yourself onto his sword.]

The slash spoiled Percival's dive attack, but he was not seriously injured. Gathering his lionlike hindquarters, the gryphon launched himself at the murderer, talons outstretched to seize him as he fled.

Gemini
2006-12-09, 11:40 AM
(yes, I know, but I don't want to make you do things your character wouldn't do. Just saying. If I post something, that means that happens if nothing comes up to stop him.But if something does, I change it)

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 12:53 PM
"Iames, there's an arrest that needs to be made," Gaheris said to what seemed to be empty air as he ran after Gemini. Percival was about to pounce on him, and would do so quickly unless Gemini somehow did something to prevent it.

Gemini
2006-12-09, 01:00 PM
Gemini lays limp on the ground. "I have no regrets, kill me if you will but I wish..."

The_Librarian
2006-12-09, 01:54 PM
The librarian smiles.

"Of course you can come in, but I shan't stay here long. The house is being watched. That invitation's open to you too, Ares. I'll get the kettle on."

She ducks into the house.

Kyrian
2006-12-09, 01:56 PM
After several moments of complaining, Ares deals with being on this account and heads inside.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 02:03 PM
Gemini lays limp on the ground. "I have no regrets, kill me if you will but I wish..."
The gryphon, of course, said nothing, but neither did it kill him. It's great eagle's head cocked sideways as it peered at the man it was holding down.

Gaheris ran up and stroked the feathers on Percival's neck as he looked down at Gemini.

"As I said, I serve the Lord of Justice, and I work to bring justice to this place. Destroying it is not how one does that." He pulled out a set of manacles. "Bringing just punishment to criminals is. Will you come quietly, or will I need to further subdue you?"

Gemini
2006-12-09, 03:25 PM
Gemini stands up, stretches, picks up his swords, and puts it away. "I won't resist. I will go. I have no regrets. I am glad I ended my bond with Valkar." gemini continues to heavy breathe. "I did not now any other form of justice. I am sorry for that... I will not fight for justice anymore...I will fight only for myself."

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 03:35 PM
"That will do for the moment," Gaheris said resignedly as he locked manacles onto Gemini's wrists. "Come on," he continued, tugging on the manacle chain, though not roughly. Percival padded along behind.

[He's going to take you to the police station. Be glad he's not in a hurry; traveling through the air while clutched in a gryphon's talons is not fun.]

Gemini
2006-12-09, 03:48 PM
(wow, that's pretty cool.) "So, could you tell me the deal with this place? I mean, I just got here and all. I honestly don't know what is going on."

Wukei
2006-12-09, 04:09 PM
Wukei steps out into the slums, decked in full gold platemail across her torso. Her red eyes glow as she kills several NPCs before jumping up on top of a roof. She stares down at the ravaged slums with something like contempt.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:15 PM
"Well, I'm a fairly recent arrival myself," Gaheris said, slightly bewildered at the mannerisms of this man who only moments before had been intent on leveling the city. "The Town's really not all that bad, though it has it's ugly points. It's certainly not a den of pure evil or something, though," he said as he walked out of the slums and up into the streets of the Town proper.

[He will continue here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28384&page=48) for a time before arriving at the police station.]

[Edit]

Then he nearly dropped the chain in surprise as Wukei cut down several NPCs right before his eyes.

"Percy! Get her," he shouted as he once again hauled out his sword. "Wait here," he said to Gemini before dropping the chain. The gryphon was already airborne, releasing an enraged shriek as he hurtled toward Wukei.

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:15 PM
Barrik wanders around the slums surveying the area. Holding his journal close at hand and keeping an eye on others.

Wukei
2006-12-09, 04:18 PM
Seeing a character with more power than a weak NPC, Wukei leaps from a building behind Barrik and strikes at him with a bloodsword.

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:27 PM
Barrik sees Wukei's shadow and moves out the way so that he is only cut on his arm. With his right arm bleeding heavily, Barrik opens up his book and begins to chant in tongues.

Wukei
2006-12-09, 04:30 PM
She draws the sword to her, the rubies drawing in the blood hungrily. She licks the rest of the blood off her fingers. You would not do well to attack me...

She smiles and a pool of black water starts under her feet and expands like a river toward Barrik.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:30 PM
Percival's bulk crashed into Wukei talons first, seeking to pin her to the ground before she could do more damage. He tried to seize and fling away her sword with his beak.

Wukei
2006-12-09, 04:32 PM
Wukei gets pushed down into the flooding river, though the talons do nothing to her due to the gold armour. She stares up at the animal in shock. Get off of me you damned thing!

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:32 PM
Barrik finishes his spell and reaches his hand out to Wukei as he leaps to the right. A large fireball then spits out of his hand and towards her. But since the bird is laying on top of her, it gets hit instead.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:35 PM
[Oh crud.]

Percival curled his wings around his head as the fireball detonated. Gaheris threw himself back at the same moment, as his textbook arrest was spoiled by a spellcaster too quick on the trigger.

Percival, in the meantime, concentrated on swirling his wings to fan away the flames, which largely worked, leaving him with minimal burns. Unfortunately, this caused him to lift up slightly. If Wukei was fast, she might be able to escape before he came back down to resume the pin.

Wukei
2006-12-09, 04:37 PM
Wukei has disappeared into the River Styx. The river starts to fold in on itself. She appears behind Barrik and draws a dagger up to his throat. Don't move.

She looks up at Gaheris, Didn't you have some jailtime in this city due to me? Is that why you're trying to attack me?

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:40 PM
Barrik begins to chant in tongues once more, only this time, there seems to be something very dark and evil about it.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:41 PM
"I'm attacking you because you're engaged in murder," the paladin said in a steely voice. "In the name of Tyr, you are under arrest. Drop the dagger and surrender, and we'll serve our sentences together." He and Percival began to circle around opposite sides of Wukei.

Wukei
2006-12-09, 04:42 PM
Wukei laughs maliciously, stabbing Barrick to try and stop his chanting before the River Styx appears again at her feet and she falls into it, waving goodbye to the paladin.

Gemini
2006-12-09, 04:42 PM
Gemini, seemingly confused at the moment, "Hey, do you need help? I could take her out easiliy, I mean, most of my power has left me when I broke the bond from my god, but if I get rest my energy will come back.

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:44 PM
Barrik winces in pain and stops his chanting, breathing heavily due to blood loss.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:45 PM
A throwing knife flew through the area where Wukei had stood a moment before as she melted into the strange water. Gaheris ran to Barrik.

"Are you all right," he asked as his eyes and hands began to glow a watery blue. "Hold still. It'll be better in a second," he continued as he laid hands on the wizard's wound.

Gemini
2006-12-09, 04:48 PM
Gemini's thoughts: If only I could get out maybe I might be able to help, but I don't know what is going on. "Hey, is everyone ok over there?"

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:49 PM
"We're fine," responded Gaheris, not looking up. "We'll get going in a second; I'm pretty sure she's gone."

"Is that better? I can do more if you wish," he said to Barrik as the wound started to close.

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:51 PM
Barrik's breathing begins to slow down as he gets up. Silver is such a pain.He then stands up and begins to heal his own wounds by chanting a spell from his journal. He then looks at the paladin and smiles,Thank you for helping me, I used a spell to strengthen and speed up the healing process.

Gemini
2006-12-09, 04:51 PM
"Ok, because I saw some weird river."

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-09, 04:55 PM
"Good. You might want to come to the police station to file a report; I'm heading there myself."

He retrieved his knife from where it stuck into a wall and walked back over to Gemini. "I don't know what that was about, but I know how to track her down. Come on, let's go before something else happens." He led Gemini up into the Town proper.

[Okay, now we go to the Streets thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28384&page=48).]

Barrik_Arsland
2006-12-09, 04:58 PM
Barrik shakes his head, No, I'm fine, I fought her once, so the next time I should be prepared.He then walks off in to the opposite direction.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:04 PM
Iames and Vera appear.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:05 PM
Verdandi looks around for evidence of the fight.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:10 PM
Iames does as well, manifesting sensitivity to psychic impressions to see what it wil tell him.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:14 PM
Verdandi does not find any immediate traces, but she lingers in the general area of the fight. It happened about here.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:16 PM
... Yes, yes it did...

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:18 PM
Verdandi looks at him, wondering if he was mocking her. Well considering that we only knew it happened in the slums, I think this narrows it down a bit.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:27 PM
... Sorry, this power is distracting. It's showing me the fight. We're very lucky to have found it so quickly. There should be some bodies...

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:29 PM
Verdandi closes her eyes and concentrates.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:37 PM
Iames turns in place, looking from side to side. Over there. He walks over to an alley.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:39 PM
Verdandi opens her eyes and walks directly but hesitantly to one of the corpses. She shakes her head. They were not given a chance to fight well.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:43 PM
Iames looks at her. You sound like Aesa.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:46 PM
Verdandi's eyes flicker a moment. For good reason.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:50 PM
Okay. And you're right. They weren't. Iames raises them.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:53 PM
If they had been, I would have found them instantly. For this I had to call on Aesa to help me. She is an odd one, one of the few who can take people to Hel, not that she does it much.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 10:56 PM
I see. To the NPCs: Don't panic, the danger has passed. I'll take you to the NPC rights group, they'll be able to help you.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 10:57 PM
Verdandi watches impassively.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:04 PM
Iames looks over at her. Vera, or Aesa, or whoever you are at the moment, I'll be right back. He leads the NPCs off.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 11:05 PM
Verdandi looks at the ground. Ok, Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:08 PM
Iames reappears and gives her a hug. See? I told you I'd be right back.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 11:10 PM
Verdandi leans into his hug. I am not Aesa.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:14 PM
Iames tightens the hug slightly. I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if you'd gone back to channeling her again.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 11:15 PM
Verdandi closes her eyes and hugs him back. It is my fault. I should have told you to begin with.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:19 PM
No, it's not your fault. I could have asked you. He pulls back a little. Is there anything else we have to do?

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 11:27 PM
Verdandi thinks and rests her head on his shoulder. Hawk needs catching, and a patrol might not hurt.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:32 PM
Oh, yes. Hawk. Iames scowls. I don't know where he is, so let's go on patrol. We can try to catch him when he's online when we next run into him.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 11:35 PM
Verdandi nods. That sounds reasonable.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:38 PM
Let's go, then. Iames steps out of the embrace and offers his arm.

AmberVael
2006-12-09, 11:41 PM
Verdandi smiles and takes his arm, placing her other hand on her sword hilt.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-09, 11:42 PM
Iames leads her out of the slums.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-10, 03:20 AM
Gaheris came down from the more affluent regions of Town and made his way around the goblin-held areas to his safehouse. He locked the door behind him, employed both an alarm stone and an arcane lock on the door, and started removing clothing and armor.

After a few minutes of making notes about the day's actions, he laid down to sleep, daggers within easy reach.

npc4hire
2006-12-10, 01:07 PM
"It's just down there, Atreyu, that winding path there!" Kratos the elf says from the llama's back.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 01:15 PM
*The llama starts walking down the path, keeping an eye out for rats and anything else evil or creepy.*

npc4hire
2006-12-10, 01:18 PM
Emboldened by the llama's presence, Kratos returns to his cub self and hops down from Atreyu's back, darting ahead to a small, single storey home. He scratches at the door.

"Libris! Open up!"

The_Librarian
2006-12-10, 01:30 PM
The door opens and the librarian drops to her knees, hugging the cub tightly. She looks feverish and unsteady.

"You daft thing... you know it's dangerous down here."

"Then what are you doing here, huh?" The librarian hesitates.

"Right now, I think I am the danger down here."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 01:34 PM
*The llama bleats happily to see Libris.* "Hiya, Libris. Can I come in?"

The_Librarian
2006-12-10, 01:40 PM
"Oh heya, Atreyu," the librarian says,looking up at him and smiling for a moment, but then her expression changes. She's staring at the llama as though he's the most terrifying, horrific thing she has ever seen. She scrambles back away from him.

"NO!!! No, I won't, I won't, not again!" she screams, before bursting into tears. Kratos looks from her to Atreyu and back.

"It's just Atreyu, he won't hurt you."

The librarian blinks, and starts to hastily unbuckle her swords.

"It's not him hurting me I'm afraid of..." She looks at the llama. "I think Ender's back... I don't know how... Greeny always knew more about those books than I did, and he's gone-"

"Gone? Gone where?" The librarian looks at Kratos fearfully.

"I don't know... I'm starting to wonder... I have to go look for him, and more importantly, I have to be away from the rest of you. If Ender still lives on in me... I can't go through that again, Atreyu! I won't hurt you again! Ares?" She turns towards the inside of the house.

Kyrian
2006-12-10, 01:42 PM
"K...Libris?"

Ares steps outside. "Are you ok?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 01:45 PM
*The llama looks on, shocked by Libris's behavior* "but..but...you won't ....I know it wasn't you....and....you'll need help finding Greeny. That's why we're here!"

The_Librarian
2006-12-10, 01:47 PM
The librarian shakes her head.

"No, Ares, I can't do this. I can't be trusted with these." She hands him her swords. "It's getting worse."

"What's getting worse?" The librarian looks down at Kratos sadly.

"I... look, please Kratos... go back to Gwen, or stay here with Ares but can't be around me right now. I'm not safe."

"Why not?" The librarian sighs and turns to Ares.

"I need you to keep an eye on people. Keep them away from me. Can you do that?" She turns to the llama and shakes her head. "No, Atreyu, please... I can't be trusted... even without my swords I could hurt you!"

Kyrian
2006-12-10, 01:47 PM
Ares looks at the librarian.

"I'm sorry....I have to do this...."

The_Librarian
2006-12-10, 01:52 PM
"Not as sorry as I am, Ares. I have to go. Kratos, I mean it. You stay in the town and if I come back alone, don't come anywhere near me. You find Ares, is that understood?"

"But-"

"Kratos Razortooth, this is not a discussion!" the librarian barks. "Stay." She turns away and begins to head away.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 01:53 PM
"ummm...I suppose you could smack me with a wing, but why would you hurt me and you'll need your swords if you want to find Greeny. If he's in trouble, you can't save him barehanded."

*he still hasn't quite figured out what has upset her, but watches sadly, respecting her wishes.*

Kyrian
2006-12-10, 01:54 PM
"Libris, wait!" Ares runs over to her.

The_Librarian
2006-12-10, 02:01 PM
The librarian stops but doesn't turn around.

"If I've done something to Greeny... then I'm what he has to fear. That's why I can't take the swords. I've seen it in my dreams, llama. Over and over, reliving the ways I murdered you, Indurain, Gwen and the others. And more. I've seen how I would murder Hawkeye and Wukei, Lykan and Mhina... Cabbagetheif... gods... but I could do it." She looks at Ares, and then looks away hurriedly. "Ares, please, you think you've been exempt from these dreams? I've seen you die too. I have to go."

Kyrian
2006-12-10, 02:05 PM
Ares reaches out and gently takes the librarian's chin, turning her head so he can look her in the eyes.

"Libris, I'm not going to stop you from leaving. But I just wanted you to know, I'm always here for you. I loved you, always loved you, and I'm always going to love you. As long as you ask for my help, I'll always be glad to give it to you."

Ares steps closer to Libris, and kisses her, with more passion than he's ever kissed her before, when they'd been together. Using this kiss, he tries to show her with the passion that he'll always be around for her.

The_Librarian
2006-12-10, 02:08 PM
For a moment, the librarian looks about to say something, but then she seems to be looking through him, seeing something that isn't there. Again, she looks terrified and she screams: "NO!!" before swaying and turning away. Without another word, she breaks into a run and flees towards the woods.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 02:09 PM
*this stops the llama dead in his tracks. He can't imagine something as horrible as watching himself kill his friends*

"Its not real. I'll sleep with the blanket Pxp made me. It protects me in my sleep."
*Still he can't suppress a shudder about that moment when he woke up to the sensation of a sharp pain and warm blood running down his neck*

*seeing her take off, he stands there with a pained confused look*

Kyrian
2006-12-10, 02:10 PM
"Kratos, you coming back inside?" Ares looks defeated as he picks up Libris' swords, and heads inside.

Deadly
2006-12-10, 02:16 PM
A woman with black hair and dark skin, wearing silvery armor and a blue dress wanders into the slums, looking around wearily but determined, almost as if following a trail. She hears Libris' scream from afar and her eyes narrow as she looks up, but as the sound fades she sighs and continues.

Suddenly she turns and runs back out of the slums.

npc4hire
2006-12-10, 02:21 PM
The cub hesitates.
"What if she does find him?" he asks. "What if he's okay... but she attacks him?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 02:26 PM
"She won't attack him. She won't." *the llama attempts to be convincing, but doesn't really sound it*

npc4hire
2006-12-10, 02:28 PM
"She's flipped! She left her swords behind!"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-10, 02:35 PM
"so what do we do? do we go after her! we can put her in the jail till she's better! "