PDA

View Full Version : Slums

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Renrik
2006-10-11, 01:13 PM
These are the mean streets of town, nestled near the docks. The ill-kept homes are home to the most destitute of the city, including all manner of humanoids. The area is crime-ridden and plagued by gang violence. Poverty rate is high, and employment low. These are the bare avenues of the slums.

-----------------------

In a destitute building between their territories, the Goblin Statehood Army and the Sons of Maglubiet sign a peace treaty. Unfortunately, not all of the representatives of thew SoM are thgere, especially the most extreme among them. The treaty represents a good step, but the struggle for control of the goblin community is not yet won.

Narfang pays some informers for evidence.

Kyrian
2006-10-19, 10:35 PM
Kyrian walks around, finally settling on an alleyway with little to no traffic. He kisses Arha deeply, before waiting in the shadows.

wxdruid
2006-10-19, 10:44 PM
Arha stands casually on the street, watching the people/creatures that pass by.

A group of three street toughs approach her. She walks boldly up to the biggest one, putting a hand on his chest. She leans close and whispers in his ear as she winks at the other two.

Arha heads for the alleyway and a little privacy.

Kyrian
2006-10-19, 10:45 PM
From the shadows, Kyrian grins, and waits for the right moment.

Psicrystal
2006-10-19, 10:52 PM
The psicrystal lowers itself to the street as it enters the slums. Spotting Arha, it slowly moves closer, keeping her in sight.

wxdruid
2006-10-19, 10:53 PM
The three smile at one another and follow her, watching her hips sway. Once they are in the alleyway, Arha grabs the biggest and pushes him lightly against the wall.

She leans in and kisses him (as she kisses him she steals his strenth) and she leans against him to hold him up as she waits for Kyrian.

Kyrian
2006-10-19, 10:54 PM
Suddenly, one of the other two looks down, to find a gaping hole in his gut. He tries to cry out, but falls over without a sound. The other starts to try and scream, but his voice is muffled, and a red line appears on his neck, before he too falls to the ground dead.

As the leader begins to look scared, his neck is twisted in a direction that isn't humanly possible.

wxdruid
2006-10-19, 10:58 PM
Arha looks down with a satisfied smile, "Now vanish them and then us."

Kyrian
2006-10-19, 11:00 PM
The three bodies vanish, and a few seconds later, so does Arha.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:01 PM
Iames runs into the slums to where his psicrystal saw the murders. Kyrian! You're under arrest!

Kyrian
2006-10-19, 11:02 PM
((1. Kyrian was invisible, you have no proof that it was actually him. 2. They are gone))

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:05 PM
Verdandi flies overhead and notes Iames but no one else. She lands quickly. Where did they go?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:06 PM
((1. Iames saw Kyrian and Arha enter the slums. His psicrystal saw Arha invite three men into an alley, where all three died in a manner consistent with a gun and a bladed weapon (and I might point out that it would have heard the gunshot as well). 2. Arha and the three bodies are gone. You never said that Kyrian left.))

Aerin comes in after Iames her sowrd drawn and blazing with silver fire. She mutters in Celestial and looks around, having enhanced herself with the ability to see invisible foes.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-19, 11:08 PM
Gaheris walked out of the warehouses lining the ends of the docks into an obvious slum neighborhood. 'Like the Shore,' he thought to himself as he looked around at the shanties that were all too similar to the ones he'd grown up in and around. Feeling the reassuring weight of throwing knives up his sleeves, he pulled his cloak around himself and continued his exploration.

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:20 PM
I think he is gone. Verdandi says, looking around.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:22 PM
Clearly, they got away. Teleportation, no doubt. But I'm acting Captain right now, so I want you to be the first to hear me say this: Kyrian and Arha are fugitives from the law, and are to be considered armed and dangerous. They are to be apprehended on sight. Normal rules about the use of lethal force apply, which basically means don't try to kill them unless they're trying to kill you. He looks at Aerin. I'm sorry, hon. I'm going to have to file this at the station. I guess our walk just got cancelled.

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:27 PM
Verdandi gives a sympathetic smile to Aerin and then turns to Iames. Should I come report with you or cotinue my patrol?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:28 PM
It's alright, Iames. Your duty is your duty. She looks around some more, then at Iames. I'd like to join the force.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-19, 11:31 PM
Gaheris turned a corner to see the police barging into an alleyway, over a slight trail of blood on the ground.

He knew what that meant. He also knew that if the Watch was already here, rushing in with sword drawn could get him on the suspect list. He quickened his pace and closed with them, throwing back his hood as he did so. "What's happening," he called out.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:33 PM
To Vera: Continue your patrol, that will be fine.

To Aerin: You'll come to the station with me so we can get the paperwork done. I got a bit of a reprimand when I swore Vera in about that.

He notices Gaheris. There's been a murder, and the perpetrators have escaped. One of them I believe to be a deity.

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:34 PM
Verdandi nods and flies off.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-19, 11:38 PM
Triple murder, citizen. Did you witness anything? Verdandi looks at him with a stern set about her features.
"No, I just got here," he said in a grim tone. "I've seen plenty of murders before, though. Never directly by a deity, I must say; I didn't have the misfortune of being subjected to Cyric during the Godswar."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:44 PM
Iames looks at Gaheris. If you see anything else suspicious around here, report it to the station. You can do that, right?

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-19, 11:46 PM
Iames looks at Gaheris. If you see anything else suspicious around here, report it to the station. You can do that, right?
"Easily," he responded. "I'm not fool enough to try and tackle a god unless I have to."

He paused. "Who are the suspects, out of curiosity? I'll want to know who to report."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-19, 11:47 PM
Thank you. The blonde with the large sword is named Kyrian. The skank in the dress is named Arha. Iames turns and embraces Aerin, then teleports them to the station.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-20, 12:05 AM
So, it was Kyrian. And now he had a name for the redhead. And -- he glanced down the alley, empty but for blood -- they were harvesting bodies. He'd been right, then.

If Kyrian was supposed to be a god, it would explain a good deal about the strange powers he'd exhibited while Gaheris had been passively observing the town over the past several days, but it was beyond him why one of the divine would bother directly engaging in villainy here, in the mortal realms.

That was beyond his concern at the moment, though. He concentrated on his link with Percival, instructing the gryphon to keep his eagle eyes open for people matching Kyrian's and Arha's descriptions as he soared through the evening sky over the Town.

Psicrystal
2006-10-20, 12:44 PM
The psicrystal, irked at having been forgotten, levitates itself and zooms off.

The_Librarian
2006-10-20, 12:58 PM
The Greeny Wolf, bored of having spent the day feeling sorry for himself in the librarian's home, leaves the house in the slums and begins to head towards the town. As he passes the murder scene, the smell of blood becomes overpowering and he whines quietly, hurrying past.

vanyell
2006-10-27, 02:22 PM
yordan the cabbage grower finally finds a place cheap enough to call home, unloads his cabbages, and finds a nice box to claim as his own

Flabbicus
2006-10-27, 09:26 PM
A unremarkable man steps out of a gray, dirty, and stark building. He gives off a sense of pure desolation and hopelessness. He pulls out a match and lights up a cigar. He takes a long breath in of the tobacco and lets it blow out slowly, letting the feeling of complete despair wash over him.

20,000. Damn. That's a lot of %^&*ing zeroes, and all because of that stupid bugbear.

*Click*

It's not entirely the fighter's fault. It must have taken some force of your own will to take such a stupid course of action, do you really think he wouldn't find out it was fixed? Where is the money?

I can't pay him back, I've got kids, a wife, a family to feed, and I can bring it to you later I swear!-

That's not good enough. He needs all of it, now.

I can't, I just can't man don't you understand that this was a fluke let me pay you back in some other-

He didn't pay me for my diplomacy skills idiot, I have a low Charisma score, rather, he did not pay me for my eloquence either, but for one singular reason. You. Two bullets. One in your sternum, one in your gut.

The man in the shadows pulls out a silenced pistol and quick as lightning fires a bullet into the other man's sternum and another square in his gut.

The man in the shadows disappears.

Madmal
2006-10-27, 10:49 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/Omniprowl/malmagor1a.gifhttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/Omniprowl/trelissa1a.gif
The Andrigal twins arrive at the murder scene...
You sure this is the place, sis?
I happen to be a very good scryer, bro... besides, you just have to change into an animal form to detect all that blood...don't make me hurt you...
You ARE going to hurt me anyways...
Seems someone else is also good at divinations....
-_-U ..i better check out that place...
you do that....
---------------------------------------
After some time
you done?
couldn't get a clear message from all this...we better analyze the situation back at the fortress....
seems good to me...
The twins exit the place, walking towards the Underhill fortress

Kyrian
2006-10-28, 11:43 AM
Kyrian appears in a swirl of darkness, hiding in the shadows. He sneaks around alleys until he finds himself a small crowd of people. He grins to himself, as he steps out from the shadows, twin daggers in hand.

One of the crowd turns and looks at Kyrian, not understanding the situation. He starts to say something, but can't, as in a flash of movement, Kyrian has slit his throat. Dancing and weaving his way through the crowd, Kyrian slashes and stabs away, leaving body after body, until no more are left.

This is only the begining.

He cleans his daggers off on a dead person's robes, before vanishing.

McBish
2006-10-28, 12:13 PM
The mutt wanders into the slums and suddenly stops. He starts sniffing around and finds the dead bodies. He sniffs around for a second before catching a scent he recgonizes. He turns and runs towards Trog's. ((Kyrian gods have scents right, I never thought about it before. I knew that really I did.))

Kyrian
2006-10-28, 12:16 PM
((As far as I know they do. and it's "bodies", just fyi))

McBish
2006-10-28, 12:38 PM
The mutt comes back and looks over his shoulder for Vael.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 12:40 PM
Vael comes out behind and looks around. He kneels beside one of the corpses and examines it.
Dagger wounds? From what I know of Kyrian that doesn't seem a likely choice of weapon for him...

Seren
2006-10-28, 12:42 PM
Seren comes up behind him and looks at the mess of bodies, "Oh.." she pales.

McBish
2006-10-28, 12:42 PM
"His scent is all over this place. I can't tell were he went after this his scent vanishes." He looks at Seren with a worried look.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 12:46 PM
If it was Kyrian, or anyone else with power, for that matter, he probably teleported away rather than walked.
Vael stands up and holds his arms out wide from his body. The teal radiance around him glow brighter, and his eyes shine brightly. In a sudden flash the teal colored light spreads over the area and then vanishes.
Vael looks thoughtful.
I do sense that there was some power here, it could easily have been Kyrian.
He notes Seren's paleness.
Are you alright, Seren?

Seren
2006-10-28, 12:47 PM
"......Why?"

McBish
2006-10-28, 12:48 PM
"His scent is fresh. And the bodies don't look like they have been here for long. This was probably recent."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 12:50 PM
Vael nods absently to the mutt and walks over to Seren and turns coporeal. He puts an arm around her.
Some men have uncertain hearts, and their uncertainty leads to terrible things.
He looks at the ground as he remembers his own deeds.

Seren
2006-10-28, 12:54 PM
Seren nods, "It just seems.... she shakes her head..."So, what's to be done about them now?"

McBish
2006-10-28, 12:54 PM
"If you can call this guy a man. He sure doesn't smell like one."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 12:56 PM
Vael sighs.

I think we should notify the police, but as for the bodies... I have no idea.
He looks to the mutt.
He is less man, and more god, but by the same token he is more man than god.

McBish
2006-10-28, 12:59 PM
*confused look* "Wait did you just say he was a god?"

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 12:59 PM
Yes. I did.

Seren
2006-10-28, 01:00 PM
Seren turns slightly away from the corpses and tries to recall if she knows who Kyrian is. She's heard of him, surely, but can't remember ever having actually met him.

McBish
2006-10-28, 01:03 PM
"Are you serious? A god just walking around killing people and then going to get a drink at a bar? You expect me to belive that?"

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 01:06 PM
Vael sighs and looks at the mass of bodies.
Poor souls.
Something about him shifts oddly, and then the entire crowd of corpses vanishes. Vael holds a small crystal in his hand, which he looks at and then places in his pocket.
You obviously haven't been here long, and trust me when I say it is entirely possible. Shall we go to the station?

McBish
2006-10-28, 01:09 PM
"Sure I guess." He seems stunned a little by the fact that he just ran into a god at a tavern. "Lead the way."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 01:13 PM
Vael takes Seren's arm and leads her gently to the station, allowing the mutt to follow them.

McBish
2006-10-28, 01:14 PM
The mutt follows Vael.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 01:25 PM
((I am at the police station thread in case you missed it, McBish))

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-29, 04:41 AM
Gaheris jogged down the narrow street between the ramshackle houses. He'd heard a scream and thought it best to investigate, but he didn't see any...

He glanced down. A small trickle of red was coming around the corner of the building he was passing...

He turned onto the wider street. Red was everywhere. Blood. Blood from a lot of people; he'd seen enough murder in his lifetime to know that two or three people didn't leave so much blood, even if they were beheaded. Blood, but no bodies.

Black necromancy. Mass murder. There was no other term for it. Holy rage rose in Gaheris' breast as he activated the enchantments on his chain shirt and melted into the shadows. There would be justice for this.

[Edited per below discussion.]

Hoseki
2006-10-29, 07:56 AM
((There aren't any bodies anymore.))

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-29, 01:08 PM
[... Well that's cheesy. But that's nothing new in this town.]

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 01:09 PM
Vael sighs and looks at the mass of bodies.
Poor souls.
Something about him shifts oddly, and then the entire crowd of corpses vanishes. Vael holds a small crystal in his hand, which he looks at and then places in his pocket.
You obviously haven't been here long, and trust me when I say it is entirely possible. Shall we go to the station?

((Cough Cough))

Hoseki
2006-10-29, 01:09 PM
((Nevamind.

And because it's stupid.))

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 01:11 PM
((Oh thanks, guys. Glad you like it so much))

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-29, 02:44 PM
[ Well I'm sure as hell not going to not find out about this; Gaheris couldn't have been further than a couple blocks away when it happened. How's a lot of blood on the streets sound? With that many stab wounds, there has to have been a lot of bleeding. Not to mention witnesses.]

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 02:49 PM
((Yup. I didn't whisk away the blood, or the witnesses. If Kyrian left any witnesses, that is. He killed a whole lot of people. You can also go check at the police station, if you want. You might also find some scattered possessions that were not on the bodies))

Kyrian
2006-10-29, 02:55 PM
((Nope, anybody Kyr saw, he killed))

Flabbicus
2006-10-29, 03:03 PM
(( The guy I killed is still there. Still dead. ))

npc4hire
2006-10-29, 03:59 PM
The rogue walks down a different path to the slums, away from blood and death and gore, and finds his way to the librarian's house. He picks the lock and goes inside. And he later leaves it.

---------------

Much time later, the librarian heads to the same house.

Ares
2006-10-30, 08:54 AM
Ares follows the librarian.

McBish
2006-10-30, 02:40 PM
A man runs into the slums from the direction of Trog's. He runs into a house. A few moments later he comes back out with several other men. They head out towards Trog's.

Flabbicus
2006-10-30, 03:31 PM
{inner monologue}Hmph. This is funny. The police and upstart citizens of the town are to busy to notice a lone man disappearing for 3 days. Bah, no use hiding the body now.{/inner monologue}

The man departs.

McBish
2006-10-30, 04:58 PM
A group of men come into the slums carrying Lillah. They go into a house and close the door.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 04:59 PM
((Damnit, knew it wouldn't be that easy to get an employee... :rolleyes: ))

McBish
2006-10-30, 05:00 PM
((I had forgotten about this plotline right till the moment I read the streets thread. I cursed myself then. Sorry :) ))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:12 PM
Traven storms into the slums, approaching the first person he sees to ask about Lillah.

Xiagu
2006-10-30, 06:13 PM
Zetrax arrives on top of the nearest building, watching Traven.

McBish
2006-10-30, 06:14 PM
The NPC backs away from Traven "I don't know what your talking about man."

TheHawk
2006-10-30, 06:17 PM
Sits on a roof top next to Zetrax. This is going to end well He has a sarcastic edge to his voice

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:17 PM
A woman, wearing a Kimono. Did you see one come by? Most likely held hostage by someone else. If you saw her, you better damn well tell me, or I might kill you. Traven says fiercly, trying to get every piece of info out of this expendable NPC.

TheHawk
2006-10-30, 06:19 PM
Great diplomacy their. He seems to be talking to himself

Xiagu
2006-10-30, 06:20 PM
"Yes, it surely is," Zetrax replies.

McBish
2006-10-30, 06:20 PM
"No man I have no idea what your talking about. Who took her maybe I can help you find them." the NPC decides to be helpful.
((But it worked, a little.))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:22 PM
((Sorry if you don't approve of Traven's style... or lack there of. ;) ))

Traven seems to snap out of the rage almost instantly, relaxing significantly and smiling. Good, now where do we start?

Xiagu
2006-10-30, 06:23 PM
"Apparently we were wrong..."

McBish
2006-10-30, 06:24 PM
"Um" the NPC seems to falter, "well who'd she tick off?"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:27 PM
Honestly, I have no idea, we just met. I can tell you she's a damn good gambler, perhaps someone wanted to get back at here for that? Traven suggests hopefully.

TheHawk
2006-10-30, 06:27 PM
Guess so. Or not

McBish
2006-10-30, 06:29 PM
"Um maybe a gang or something. Any ideas?"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:31 PM
None whatsoever. Well, what are the usual suspects around here? I'm ready to go bang on a few doors. Loud.

McBish
2006-10-30, 06:34 PM
"Maybe, there are a few houses around here with rowdy guys um, I can give you directions."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:36 PM
Hmm... Here. Traven says, pulling out a piece of parchment from his pouch. Write them all down, I need to go get some... heavy hitters. Or just one in particular. Traven smiles to himself.

((Suppertime, won't be on for a little bit.))

TheHawk
2006-10-30, 06:36 PM
I guess that's "thug diplomacy" i've heard of it but have never really seen it in action. Has a false sound of awe in his voice.

McBish
2006-10-30, 06:37 PM
The man writes quickly and gives the parchment to Traven. On it there are 4 houses listed on the sheet.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 06:38 PM
Traven takes a quick look at the sheet, and heads to the Den to get Gnarl.

((Later.))

Xiagu
2006-10-30, 06:38 PM
((Darn, I have to go. Hope I don't miss any blood ;)))

((^: yay! i'm not alone!))

"Interesting as this is, I have better things to do with my time." Zetrax says as he leaps away 'cross the buildings.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 07:28 PM
Traven returns with Gnarl in tow, he approaches the first door. He nods to Gnarl and Gnarl steps up and knocks, hard, on the door.

McBish
2006-10-30, 07:30 PM
((d4 to see which house Lillah's in.))
A voice from the behind the door yells "Go away!" You hear laughter from behind the door.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 07:36 PM
((3))

Traven, not interested in any of this, nods to Gnarl once more. This time when Gnarl steps up, he attempts to break down the door.

McBish
2006-10-30, 07:38 PM
((Nope I did it, sorry for the confusion. I won't ruin the suprise for you.))
The door flies of its hinges much to the shook of the men inside. You see a large room with 6 guys sitting around laughing. There are 3 doors one leading up one leading down and one leading to the back. The room is a mess and you see several weapons laying around, most within reach of the men.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 07:41 PM
((Darn, I hoping lucky number 3 could win the day.))
Traven smiles as he sees the men look at him. We can do this two ways, you can resist me, and Gnarl here can kill you, or you let me search through your place, and whether I find what I'm looking for I not, I leave without another word. What's it going to be? Gnarl steps inside as Traven speaks, harpoon ready.

McBish
2006-10-30, 07:44 PM
The guys look around at each other and burst out laughing. "Who the heck do you think you are?" The guys reach for there weapons and stand up. "I think you and your thug there should take a walk."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 07:49 PM
Traven is clearly annoyed by this. Why must you dumb punks always get in the way? Gnarl, kill the first one, the one who just spoke. If you say so, boss. He listens and heaves his harpoon hard at the first one's chest, if it hits, he lets it stay in for dramatic effect before pulling it out by the cord.

McBish
2006-10-30, 07:54 PM
All the men look shocked at this. Only 3 of them manage to regains their composure and charge one at Traven and 2 at Gnarl. The other one runs out the door to the back and the last one falls to the ground tring to hold in his guts.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 07:57 PM
Traven manages to duck the blow before delivering an right-handed thrust to the man's chest, while Gnarl manages to throw his harpoon again at one of the men on him as the other's weapon connects with his body. Do you all wish to end up like him? I'm not here to take anything belonging to you.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:01 PM
The man stabed by Traven stumbles back but swings a short sword at Traven again. Another man drops to Gnarls harpoon. And the third swings at Gnarl again.
You here voices from downstairs yelling "What the F#@* is going on up there!?!"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:04 PM
Traven just gives up on any hope of reasoning with these punks as he ducks the swing again. Alright then, you're all dead. He withdraws a dagger from his belt and drives it hard towards the man's heart. Gnarl takes another hit, but barely notices. He takes the harpoon and grabs the man by the collar, driving the harpoon into his stomach. Traven yells upstairs. Come down here now! And come UNARMED!

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:07 PM
The last two die.
From downstairs. "Um who are you?"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:08 PM
Gnarl, stay here, I'm going up. Traven says to Gnarl. If you say so, boss. Traven climbs the stairs, dagger out, and looks around.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:11 PM
As you head downstairs you see Lillah tied to a chair, her Kimono torn up and a black eye. She seems to be unconscious. There are two men standing there one with a longsword out. He looks at Traven "Oh crud."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:14 PM
First try? No wonder they were so hesitant to let me in...
Don't move a bloody muscle, I've already killed the three of you downstairs that didn't run, and I won't make any exceptions if you do anything stupid. He also gets ready to throw a dagger at the first one to make a move towards Lillah. That's my employee you have in that chair, now step aside or I will kill you both.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:16 PM
The two men step aside and drop their weapons, "We didn't know, honest. We thought she was just a cheat."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:18 PM
Maybe she is, maybe she ain't, but she works for me now, I don't let my employees cheat at cards. Now get lost. Traven sheaths the dagger and goes to untie Lillah.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:20 PM
The two men edge around Traven and run up the stairs.
Lillah slumps into Traven's arms as he unties her.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:23 PM
Traven closely examines her injuries, noting the blackeye. Damn shame to ruin such a pretty face. After untying her, he lays her out on the floor, trying to make her comfortable. He waits a while to see if she'll come to.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:26 PM
After a minute her eyes start to flutter a bit. She wakes up and looks around weakly. "What, what is going on."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:30 PM
Traven kneels down beside her. At the moment? Nothing at all. About 5 minutes ago, however, you were being beaten by thugs who thought you cheated them out of their money at the card table. Gnarl took care of most of them however, the rest got scared and ran.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:35 PM
"Yeah I remember the beating all too vividly." She winces in pain. "Do you think you can grab my stuff I think it is over in the corner." There is a pouch of gold and 5 daggers sitting in the corner. She tries to sit up and then lays back down. "Oh that hurt."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:39 PM
Traven fetches her things and puts it in his pouch. We should get you somewhere for the night. I suppose a temple, but I'm not on very good terms with the gods unfortunately. Any preferences? Traven kneels beside her again, ready to help her up and offer support when she tries to stand again.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:40 PM
"Inari's is ok. They seem nice enough there." Whit Travens help she manages to stand up. "Thanks for coming to my rescue, this is why I can't just play cars for a living." She looks at her torn Kimono "Maybe we can find something to cover me up with, it is a little cold out."

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:41 PM
Fair enough, Inari's it is. Now let's get you up. Traven reaches around her and slowly assists in helping her stand.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 08:41 PM
((Oooo, ooo! You didn't say what happened to the two guys who ran upstairs, and Vael is kinda trapped, so...))
Gnarl steps in the way of the two men trying to flee from downstairs. He snarls and brandishes his harpoon at them.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:42 PM
((Uh-oh... :D))

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:44 PM
The two men back up and raise their hands in the air. "Um the guy down there told us to scram."

Lillah leans against Traven for support.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:47 PM
Traven leads her to the stairs, before realizing the hazard that stairs can offer. He places his free arm at her legs and lifts Lillah up, wincing as his wounded shoulder burns with pain. He manages to carry her down the stairs, putting her back down softly before his arm completely gives out. Damnit... No more stairs.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 08:48 PM
Gnarl growls at them and gestures away with his harpoon.
Then scram. Fast.
He readies his harpoon to throw at them if they don't scram fast enough.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:51 PM
They scram as fast as there feet can carry them.
"Thank you." She leans against a wall for support. "Boy am I glad I got a job with such a nice boss."

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 08:52 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Gnarl.gif
Gnarl briefly considers throwing his harpoon at them anyways, but scowls as he realizes that Traven probably wouldn't appreciate it.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 08:54 PM
Nice? Did she just say- Damnit! It's true, I'm being nice. When did this start? What has gotten in to me? Traven can barely manage a smile as he stares towards the floor. We should get you to the Temple quickly, I have some business to attend to. Gnarl, you can go back to the Den now, all the dead-beats are gone. Traven helps Lillah to the Temple.

McBish
2006-10-30, 08:56 PM
She grabs a dusty blanket from a dirty couch and wraps it around her. Then she leans on Traven and walks out with him.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 08:57 PM
Gnarl squints at Traven and slings the harpoon across his shoulders. He slouches off towards the Den, grumbling to himself.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 09:39 PM
Kyrian appears in the slums, and immeadiately begins to psionically broadcast his position to all with psionic powers, almost to the point where it'd hurt to find him.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 09:44 PM
((Let Vael wonder for a bit, and then he will show up))

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 09:45 PM
((I was really handing this one to Iames, but ok :D))

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 09:46 PM
((He has to go in a minute, so I doubt Iames will show))

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 09:50 PM
((Must...resist....temptation to....gloat...))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-30, 09:57 PM
A voice booms out from the sky. Kyrian, I see you have decided to announce your presence in a simple-minded attempt to draw me to you. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend to your incarceration at the moment for a variety of reasons, the very least of which is the not-so-cunning trap you have undoubtedly laid.

In parting, I will say that the only thing remotely impressive about you is the size of your blade. I can only speculate as to the... prowess of someone who requires that level of compensation.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 09:58 PM
Aww...is the poor little godling afraid to come out and play one on one...

Flabbicus
2006-10-30, 10:00 PM
A voice booms out from the sky. Kyrian, I see you have decided to announce your presence in a simple-minded attempt to draw me to you. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend to your incarceration at the moment for a variety of reasons, the very least of which is the not-so-cunning trap you have undoubtedly laid.

In parting, I will say that the only thing remotely impressive about you is the size of your blade. I can only speculate as to the... prowess of someone who requires that level of compensation.

(( *Snicker* ))

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:04 PM
Vael appears with Seren, unsuspecting and more than a little curious. He sees Kyrian and his eyes narrow.
Kyrian? What are you doing?
Somewhat wary, he steps slightly in front of Seren.
((Hee hee. Iames made a funny))

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:06 PM
Kyrian just stares at Vael.

You aren't the one I want. I want the godling.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:08 PM
Vael watches Kyrian warily.
This was a trap for Iames then? Why are you doing this, Kyrian?

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:09 PM
Trap? Don't be stupid, I just want to prove who's the better. He thinks he can get away with assault like that...

Seren
2006-10-30, 10:10 PM
Seren watches Kyrian, warily, trying to piece together what's going on.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:11 PM
Vael tenses and readies himself for anything.
Iames has told me what you've been doing. Don't let Arha sway you like this.
He holds Seren's hand tightly.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:13 PM
Arha? Ha, now you're just pulling excuses out of your ass. What's wrong, can't handle the true me?

Kyrian summons a small ball of fire in his right hand, and begins to toss it upwards, catching it as it comes back down.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:15 PM
You were never meant to be this way, Kyrian. There were those you cared about before you cast them aside.
Vael resists the temptation to summon his power, not wanting to appear hostile.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:17 PM
Cared? Like Hawkeye, Jaspero, Gwen,...even Ceika? They never cared.

The ball of fire grows slightly as Kyrian speaks. Anger and hatred fill every word.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:19 PM
They always cared, Kyrian. Just because they don't care for the demon you've become doesn't mean they didn't care about who you were!
Deciding that Kyrian's danger has become to great to remain unprotected, he lets his power flare around him. It is so intense that it creates a visible and almost tangible sphere of teal light around him.

Seren
2006-10-30, 10:21 PM
Seren's player wants very much to interject here, but since Seren herself doesn't actually know Kyrian, she just holds back watching, and remembering the crowd of people that Kyrian had denied slaughtering.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:22 PM
Foolish mortals...

Kyrian growls, and as his eyes turn pitch black, the ground around him explodes, sending chunks of earth of all sizes, in all directions.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:24 PM
Vael's arisen power instantly coalesces and turns into a shimmering wall of ectoplasm that surrounds he and Seren, blocking them from the spray of dirt and stone.
You don't have to do this, Kyrian...
His voice is a mixture of desperation and warning.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:28 PM
Your power can't stop me forever.

Kyrian grins as the fireball grows five times it's size, and throws it at Vael.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 10:29 PM
Foolish mortals...

((Yeah, that line isn't overdone. ;) ))

Alarra
2006-10-30, 10:32 PM
Alarra and El Jaspero come to the edge of the alley just in time to see Kyrian throw the fireball at Vael.

"KYRIAN! What are you doing?!"

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:33 PM
Vael pushes Seren from the fireballs path and turns incorporeal, unable to sustain psionics in his physical form any longer. Myriads of magic and psionic items flare into life, attempting to block the ball of fire, but Vael does not heed them. Instead he focuses on his incorporeal states and simply winks from existance, letting the fireball pass through him.
Last chance, Kyrian.
His voice is underlayed with power.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-30, 10:35 PM
El Jaspero draws his flaming cutlass and stands wordlessly in front of Alarra.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:35 PM
As Kyrian sees Jas and Alarra, his eyes flash red. A red they might recall, from when he was controlled by Loki. Suddenly the red is gone, and Kyrian falls to his knees, eyes closed.

2006-10-30, 10:37 PM
El J makes no move towards Kyrian, and puts out a hand to stop Alarra.

"No. Not this time."

Seren
2006-10-30, 10:37 PM
Seren lets the light that had surrounded her as she watched the fireball blazing toward them drain out of her, "Vael?!"

Alarra
2006-10-30, 10:40 PM
Alarra starts to say something, but closes her mouth and just stands behind El J silently.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:41 PM
Vael floats over to Seren, but remains slightly front of her.
I'm fine, Seren.
He looks over to El J and Alarra.
Evening.

El J nods to Vael and Seren.

"Are you two okay?"

Flames flicker across the blade of his cutlass, giving his face an eerie red glow.

Kyrian
why can't I escape my past...

Seren
2006-10-30, 10:43 PM
Seren nods, "Fine, fine."

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:43 PM
He hadn't harmed us. Yet.
There is a little venom in Vael's voice as he says the last word.

2006-10-30, 10:44 PM
El J looks at Kyrian disdainfully.

"You're a god. Stop making excuses. Your past haunts you becuase that is the choice you make."

He looks to Alarra. "Are you all right?"

Alarra
2006-10-30, 10:46 PM
Alarra nods, and looks about to say something again, but doesn't. There is sadness in her eyes as she looks at Kyrian.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:46 PM
I never asked for this...I just want my old life back....

Kyrian opens his eyes, to show that they are the normal blue again. He looks down at the ground before him.

2006-10-30, 10:49 PM
El Jaspero sheathes his cutlass.

"We never get what we ask for, Kyrian. The mark of a man is how he plays the hand he's dealt."

He turns away, waiting for Alarra.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:50 PM
Vael motions to Seren to stay where she is, and he walks over to Kyrian, ignoring El J's comment.
Then take it back, Kyrian. If I can create a new life, you can reclaim an old one.
He turns corporeal, his power vanishes, and he extends a hand to help the god to his feet.

Kyrian
Spoken like my true father... Kyrian replies to Jas, not noticing Vael's offer.

Alarra
Alarra looks torn between wanting to try to help her friend, or former friend at the very least, and knowing that El J is right to place the blame squarely on Kyrian for once, but eventually turns away to follow El Jaspero.

Seren
2006-10-30, 10:53 PM
Seren stays where she is, watching the confrontation passively, wondering about this 'god'.

2006-10-30, 10:54 PM
El J winces at Kyrian's words.

"Don't call me that."

He takes Alarra's hand and they leave.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:54 PM
Don't let your mistakes keep you down, Kyrian. You can move on.
He shifts his hand slightly to try and catch Kyrian's eye with the movement.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 10:55 PM
Tears fall from Kyrian's face, as realization sets in that the person he's come to see as a father wants nothing to do with helping him. Kyrian takes the hand and stands up.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-30, 10:56 PM
Gaheris and Percival soared over the slums, but whatever violence had happened seemed to be over. There was a crater and people standing around, but no one was making any sudden moves. He nudged the gryphon to the right, withdrawing a rusted iron sphere, seemingly encased in iron bands, from his cloak. He then jumped from his companion's back, aiming for an alleyway adjacent to the cratered street as the magic of his left-hand ring kicked in, slowing his fall enough to prevent injury.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 10:57 PM
Do not look to the past, for it leads to stagnation. Rather, look foward and create your life anew as you live.
Vael words are obviously not his own.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 11:00 PM
He won't ever fogive me...I can feel it.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:02 PM
That does not change how you can live your life, Kyrian. It does not change how I am living mine.
Vael steps back and looks down sadly.
We may be more alike than you know.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-30, 11:10 PM
Gaheris landed lightly in the alley, hood up, splayed in a crouch supported by his left hand, shield strapped to it. His right held the sphere. He had little doubt that someone had seen him jump, but he was confident in his abilities and his equipment. He blurred and seemed to blend into the shadows as he crept towards the alley mouth.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 11:11 PM
Have you killed millions of innocents, destroyed thousands of towns, almost caused the destruction of the entire world?

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:12 PM
Vael watches Kyrian.
We are more alike than you know.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 11:21 PM
I just wish I could change my past actions. I don't know why I've been reverting back to my past...

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 11:22 PM
((*Cough*Arha*Cough*))

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:22 PM
Your past is immutable, Kyrian. The path ahead of you is yours to determine.
Again he seems to be quoting someone.

Kyrian
2006-10-30, 11:23 PM
Kyrian nods, and goes wide eyed before vanishing.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:24 PM
Vael is a bit taken aback, but doesn't do anything about it. He walks back to Seren.
Are you okay, Seren?

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-30, 11:24 PM
A chill ran down Gaheris' spine. He knew it was bad, but millions? The murders in the slums over the past few days were chump change next to that.

He stopped. If what the man (god?) out there was saying was true, then it not only increased the odds that he was, in truth, deific, but meant that Gaheris had very little chance of actually capturing or incapacitating him.

He'd heard other things about the Town, though. How Kyrian was considered a protector, at least until recently. How he was good friends with several of the other citizens, at least until recently. How everyone was shocked at his behavior, which had changed recently. And how he'd recently taken on the company of a woman, the redhead that Gaheris had seen projecting a desecrated aura and had nearly stunned him with the strength of evil present in her soul. Corruption, then, and from a source not nearly so hard to take out as Kyrian himself. But as long as Kyrian was in a confessing mood, Gaheris would stay in the shadows.

Seren
2006-10-30, 11:26 PM
"Are you?"

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:30 PM
Fine, my love.
He takes her hand.
Shall we go back, or do you want to go somewhere else?

Seren
2006-10-30, 11:32 PM
"Back is fine, I am a bit tired again."
She looks like she has something more she wants to say, but doesn't.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:33 PM
Vael looks at her curiously, but doesn't pry. He teleports them back to her room.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-30, 11:45 PM
Well, at least that wasn't the disaster it easily could have been. Time to look up this Arha woman, and hopefully catch her away from Kyrian. That had so far seemed a nigh impossibility, though...

Machete
2006-10-30, 11:48 PM
Shiver poked his head out of a nearby building he had been staying in and surveyed the damage that had been caused whilst he had been away earlier. "Such power."

The_Librarian
2006-10-31, 03:16 AM
The librarian leaves her house before dawn, and wanders through the streets. Her head hurts, the pain sometimes blacking out her vision and making her stumble or sway slightly.

"Ugh, another vision. Why must people force these upon me? If I was meant to have visions, I'm sure they'd come along naturally, not - ow- slammed into my head like this."

Muttering to herself, she makes her way towards the town.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-31, 05:23 AM
((Librarian, I love the halloween outfits, especially Kratos))

The red thing flys overhead, landing when it spots the site of the explosion. Looking round it doesn't find any source for the bang and knocks on a few doors

Eventually one is opened and the red thing quickly shoves its badge into the opener's face.

"I never did nuffing"

"I'm interested in what you saw" the red thing says with a slight sigh

"Never saw nuffing"

"The explosion last night" the red thing says "How about that? Pretty difficult to miss, especially if you had nuffing to do with it"

"Oh, that" the voice says "A big guy with a bigger sword did it"

The red thing makes a growling sound "Anyone else or just him?"

"There was some other people there, the pirate king and his wife and that gladiator and some woman. Hot chick, I should go into gladiatoring for areward like that"

"Stay away from water" the red thing says and removes it's arm from the door, which is instantly closed.

It looks at the damaged area and picks up a bit of rock. Throwing the rock in the air, it flicks out the spiked chain and destroys the rock before it hits the ground "Kyrian" it says "Could do without that really, this is going to be a diplomacy exercise rather than a striaght up fight"

It throws another bit of rock in the air and misses this time, the rock thuds into the ground and the red thing flys off.

Renrik
2006-10-31, 10:07 PM
Elsewhere in the slums, Renrik salks among the shadows. He enters a shady hovel near the factory, and comes out a while later with several flasks hidden in his cloak.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 01:36 AM
Iames appears in the area of Kyrian's attack on the small crowd. Orienting himself, Iames manifests sensitivity to psychic impressions and watches the events play out behind his eyelids.

Kyrian appears in a swirl of darkness, hiding in the shadows. He sneaks around alleys until he finds himself a small crowd of people. He grins to himself, as he steps out from the shadows, twin daggers in hand.

One of the crowd turns and looks at Kyrian, not understanding the situation. He starts to say something, but can't, as in a flash of movement, Kyrian has slit his throat. Dancing and weaving his way through the crowd, Kyrian slashes and stabs away, leaving body after body, until no more are left.

This is only the begining.

He cleans his daggers off on a dead person's robes, before vanishing.

Iames opens his eyes. Got you again, Kyrian. You won't get away with killing a dozen innocent people. He disappears.

npc4hire
2006-11-01, 03:45 PM
The rogue walks back down into the slums and heads for the librarian's house.

Ares
2006-11-01, 05:56 PM
Ares steps out from the librarian's house. He wanders the slums for a while, until he finally finds what he's looking for.

"I'd hoped it wasn't true kid..."

He wanders into the Town.

Ares
2006-11-01, 06:58 PM
Ares runs through the slums, the librarian in his arms. They are both laughing and giggling as they reach their home. Ares quickly unlocks and opens the door, carrying her inside to the waiting black curtain, and shutting and locking the door behind him. A few minutes later, the door can be heard unlocking again, and a suprised rogue is thrown out into the slums, the door shut and locked behind him.

Ow...hi to both of you too...

He walks off and many many hours later returns, picking the lock and making sure that either the curtain is still up, or the couple is finally asleep.

((Sorry Libris...I couldn't resist NPCing him like that...I hope you approve))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-02, 01:19 AM
A man in green armour identical to the one in Kenyon's shop walks into the slums. He searches through the alleys for a while, looking for anything metallic. He finds a grungy gold coin and is instantly accosted by an obviously drunk thug. 'Ere mate, gimme the shiny. What if I said no? The thug grins. Then I'd pound you good an' then take it anyways. Look, I doubt you could pound me, so go away. Right, you asked for this. The thug takes a badly aimed swing at the armoured man, who simply sidesteps. You know what? I'm not even going to bother. Eh? The drunk thug looks around blearily. Where'd 'e go? He then passes out from drunkeness in the alley. The armoured man continues his search for metal.

2006-11-04, 06:15 PM
Alarra and El Jaspero make their way through the slums; he is carrying the librarian and she is looking worried.

"Are you sure it's wise to just wander around with her like that?"

"Darling...trust me, I do this all the time."

They come at last to the librarian's house; Alarra gently places her hand on the door and it pops open for her. They head in and El J puts the unconscious librarian on the first sofa or bed he finds. Alarra sets a glass of water and a healing potion on the floor near her. El J covers her with a blanket, then they depart, locking the door behind themselves.

Renrik
2006-11-04, 09:07 PM
In the slums, the goblins are having a festival and parade to celebrate the truce between the Goblin Statehood Army and the Sons of Maglubiet.

Even Narfang is there, keeping on eye on everything and lifting a glass in honor of the warriors of the old empires (he may be a cop, but he is a goblin.)

The goblinoids march in orderly rows, wearing ceremonial armor and warpaint and beating drums. Dancing and music is abounds. The goblins sing songs in commemoration of the rebellion and in remembrance of the old goblin empires.

The_Librarian
2006-11-05, 03:41 AM
Looking a little shaky, the librarian leaves her house in the slums, and heads towards the town.

McBish
2006-11-05, 10:52 PM
A man runs into the slums and through several alleys.

A few seconds later Lillah with Faceninja run into the slums.

"Dammit I don't see him."

AmberVael
2006-11-05, 10:55 PM
The Faceninja closes his eyes and reaches out to try and find human minds, and their locations. He tries to single out ones nearby and moving quickly.

McBish
2006-11-05, 10:56 PM
He senses one that is running down an alley to his right.

AmberVael
2006-11-05, 10:57 PM
The Faceninja sighs.
"I hope this is the right person."
He races down the alley way, trying to identify the man as he goes.

McBish
2006-11-05, 10:59 PM
Faceninja spots the man as he is running into a run down house. Lillah who was following him. Stops dead in her tracks seeing the house.

AmberVael
2006-11-05, 11:01 PM
"What is it?"
The Faceninja stops, though he obviously wants to continue.

McBish
2006-11-05, 11:02 PM
"I can't go in there."

AmberVael
2006-11-05, 11:03 PM
"Why not? What is wrong with it?"

McBish
2006-11-05, 11:04 PM
"Let's just go back. Please." She seems scared of this place.

AmberVael
2006-11-05, 11:06 PM
"Very well. Whatever you ask."
He leads her back the way they came, though he marks this place firmly in his mind.

Renrik
2006-11-06, 12:59 PM
A group of goblins, wearing grey belts and carrying bundles, go into an abandoned warehouse.

Several goblins watch from across the street, then depart. The goblins that departed scatter into different areas.

Several goblins ather for a meeting in a burnt-out workhouse. Others mill about outside.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:05 AM
Earin walks down the streets, checking his memory and the landmarks. Eventually he ends up at the place he and Lillah found a couple of days ago.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:07 AM
The house seems to be in disrepair. The door looks like it was kicked in recently.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:08 AM
Earin swiftly moves inside, readying himself for any attacks.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:10 AM
There seems to be one man siting on a ratty looking couch. He seems like he is asleep.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:11 AM
Earin narrows his eyes and vanishes to appear behind the man. He tries to slip a dagger up to his throat and wake him up.
Assuming he isn't dead.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:12 AM
The man wakes with a start but quickly realizes that there is a dagger at his neck and wisely stays still. "Oh crap not again."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:14 AM
Earin smirks at him.
"Tell me quietly, what happened to the four men you sent after Lillah?"

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:15 AM
"That chick from the Den? Listen man I don't know anything about her. I won't bother her, I haven't not since..."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:18 AM
Earin jabs the dagger slightly.
"You're lying. I traced a man here that was following her. He came here. I saw him as one of her attackers as well. Tell me the truth."

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:19 AM
"Listen man, I didn't have anything to do with that I just live here. I don't control what the rest of them do."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:22 AM
"Fine. But if I find out you're lying..."
Earin withdraws the dagger. He grabs the man's hand and drops something cold in it. It is a gold coin.
"Leave. Go get a drink and don't come back for a while."
He continues silently down the stairs.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:25 AM
The man stands and starts to leave but turns "Listen I didn't have anything to do with anything, but I think George and his brother might have done something, but they took off last night."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:26 AM
"Do you know where they went, or where they might have gone?"

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:28 AM
"No they took off and I turned my back. The brother gave me the creeps and I was glad to see him go."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:29 AM
Earin nods and continues downstairs.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:32 AM
As he heads downstairs he sees two cots set up a table up against the wall and what looks like a fire ring in the center of the room, with a pot sitting next to it. Also assuming he has good search checks he finds a small piece of paper crumpled up under the table.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:35 AM
Luckily for Earin, he does have a good search check, and therefore finds the piece of paper. He uncrumples it and looks it over.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:37 AM
It seems to be a list of activites Lillah did during the day. With a lot of details about her performance. The part where the crowd buys her drinks is underlined.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:40 AM
Earin curses as he realizes there would be almost no way to track that.
But why would someone frame her for murder? Why not just kill her and be done with it?
He takes the paper, searches a little more, and then leaves.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:42 AM
((I still have time if you want to figure out that she turned herself in and come and visit her.))

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:43 AM
((K))
Earin decides that he could perhaps use police assistance in this matter, ans he heads to the station.

Renrik
2006-11-08, 09:06 PM
The goblins' meeting has ended.

A group of goblins walks by a workhouse. They wear grey belts and carry packs upon their backs.

A goblin sits by a hovel and speaks with several others, drawing in the dirt.

Several goblin children play ball in the street.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:09 PM
Zetrax walks through, aimlessly wandering about.

He picks a random warehouse and walks in.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:51 PM
A burly man is dragging a smaller one by the arm.
"Plea'e no! I kin pay up la'er!"
Shut it.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:53 PM
Zetrax keeps pace with the man easily.

"Hah. Threats won't work on me."

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 02:55 PM
And if he just goes straight back after he deals with this?
Oh he won't come back to us.
I see. How clever.
The burly grunt drops the smaller man and kicks him to keep him down, the turns to Zetrax.
Then maybe I should just show you how to shut up, eh?

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 02:57 PM
"You could try."

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:00 PM
The man swings a thick fist at Zetrax.
((I'd say this guy is about a level 5 warrior))

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:03 PM
((Pah.))

The man's fist connects with empty air.
Zetrax's voice comes from behind him, "I'm over here, you know."

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:04 PM
((He is meant to die as swift as you want))
The man growls.
One of those nasty magic types, are you?
He swings his fist again.
((You're psionic, right?))

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:10 PM
((If you're referring to the speed, it's nonmagical. It's over 9000 1000))
((But yes, he's psionic))

And again, his fist meets nothing.
"Can you actually try to hit me next time?" Zetrax says mockingly, from the left of the man.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:10 PM
The man growls and lunges at him.
Stand and fight, you coward!

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:14 PM
Zetrax leaps up and thwacks the man on the back of the head with the flat of his sword.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:14 PM
The man staggers, grabs the young man's leg and tries to run and drag him off.

Xiagu
2006-11-09, 03:23 PM
Zetrax lunges for the burly man and thwacks him again, hoping to knock him out.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 03:25 PM
Zetrax easily succeeds. The man keels over, nearly squashing the younger man, who feebly tries to pull himself up.