PDA

View Full Version : The Slanty Shanty II [town]

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Exachix
2006-10-04, 04:28 PM
((Gah it's ok. NPC him if needs be :P))

Deadly
2006-10-04, 04:28 PM
((I can stick around for another 7-8 hours if I really have to.

It's strange, a few years ago while I was active on a number of other forums everyone seemed to use ICQ exclusively. Now it's almost impossible to find someone who uses it.))

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:36 PM
(( The other ones came along with more friendly features... Although I started on AIM and only picked up MSN and Yahoo later. ))

AmberVael
2006-10-04, 04:37 PM
((I think AIM is the most common one, though Yahoo is fairly common as well))

Exachix
2006-10-04, 04:38 PM
((I have only heard AIM off people on forums. I use MSN and X-fire (which is a gaming one :D). ))

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:39 PM
(( AIM is also the underlying service for iChat, which is how I am using it these days ))

Deadly
2006-10-04, 04:40 PM
((Could be... can't really say what it's like now, but I always thought ICQ was extremely easy and powerful.

I would rather smash my computer with a hammer and eat it bit by bit than infect it with MSN. Yahoo bothers me somehow, don't know why, and AIM gives me strange associations even though I know absolutely nothing about it.

I'm just strange. ::)))

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:42 PM
(( Well, one way or another, I must be off to prepare. I do expect to be back later, but that is on the timeframe of 2 - 3 hours from now ))

Deadly
2006-10-04, 04:45 PM
((Well, that gives me more time to plan the fight and possibly improve it, so that might not be so bad :)))

Exachix
2006-10-04, 04:45 PM
((< - Yay! I can stop posting now..))

((okaydokay. Good luck out there.))

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 05:39 PM
mKyrian holds mMyobi close to him, then suddenly realizes something. He gently releases himself from her and makes sure she's comfortable.

I'll be right back...

He stands and vanishes.

[hr]

mKyrian enters and takes his seat next to mMyobi, holding her close to him once again.

Fenric
2006-10-04, 07:57 PM
*mMyobi and Fenric wake up suddenly from the Town narcolepsy curse. mMyobi snuggles Kyrian, and Fenric smiles*

Would you two be averse to staying at the temple until these issues are resolved? This is an invitation: you're not under arrest.

*mMyobi looks at Kyrian*

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 07:59 PM
mKyrian smiles at mMyobi.

I'm fine with it if you are, my love.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-04, 08:05 PM
The Iameses enter and put up a poster:
[hr]

WANTED:
Iames the Dark
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/DarkLordIames.gif
and
The Dancing Man
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/DancingMan.gif

Please bring captives and/or any information on their whereabouts or activities to Iames the Light or Iames the Grey in Trog's Tavern to receive a reward of at least 10 gold pieces.

Fenric
2006-10-04, 08:06 PM
*mMyobi nods, and Fenric smiles*

Thank you. This will make it easier to keep anyone from overreacting in an unfortunate manner.

*Fenric reaches out a hand to each of them*

Let's go the fast way, though.

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 08:08 PM
mKyrian nods and kisses mMyobi's cheek. He grabs onto Fenric's hand.

Fenric
2006-10-04, 08:11 PM
*mMyobi kisses mKyrian back and takes Fenric's other hand. Fenric casts a Word of Recall and they all are transported to the temple's magic circle*

Silly_Bean
2006-10-05, 08:59 AM
~ Pete looks at the new notice, shrugs and puts the days garbage out for the creatures living out the back ~

Murky_Pool
2006-10-05, 07:38 PM
The red thing walks in, carefully and looks around

"Kyrian not around?" it asks Pete

"He left a while back, if you mean the blond guy sitting with the fox people"

"That was him" the red thing says "I'll hang on for a bit see if he reappears"

"What'll you be drinking then?" Pete asks

"Mead and a Fish Curry" the red thing says, looking at the menu

Pete pulls a mead and hands it to the red thing
"Take a seat and your food will be over soon" he tells it

The red thing sits down and is presently served by a busty wench who's expression suggests she drew the short straw.

((Gah, bloody server errors. On the other hand it's a start towards world domination so perhaps a good sign. Still annoying though))

The red thing, finishing it's food gets up and pays. It then walks carefully out of the door and flys away

Silly_Bean
2006-10-06, 06:47 AM
~ Pete cleans up after the customer ~

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-06, 08:07 AM
*Death glides in and looks around. He then orders a ginger beer and sits down on a table*

Reeksofdung
2006-10-06, 08:32 AM
Jorge and his followers make their way into the Shanty, stopping in the doorway for an appropriate amount of "Ooo, look at me" time before heading towards the bar. They carry with them the smell of rotten eggs.

Jorge stops when he notikes Death.

Ahoy, I didna know ye hung around here. Be ye here fer th' tasty garbage, too?

2006-10-06, 08:43 AM
*Death waves at Jorge*

Well, I most Kertainly will have to look into this tasty garbage of yours. Is it a type of hamburger?

*Death sips his gingerbeer*

I mostly kome here for the ginger beer though.

Reeksofdung
2006-10-06, 08:55 AM
Hamburger? I dasn't know about that. Around here, th' garbage be mostly made ou' o' fish parts. Very khummy. Me favorite bits be th' eyeballs, very juiky.

2006-10-06, 09:01 AM
*Death is a bit suprised by this revelation*

Really? I have never tried eating fish eyes myself, then again, I don't eat much. I do drink a lot though.

*Death sips his ginger beer*

Although I guess milk may be a better idea than ginger beer...

Reeksofdung
2006-10-06, 09:11 AM
Hmm. Well, if ye like drinks, fish eyes be havin' juike in them. Maybe ye kould be havin' them squeezed into a kup. Very nutrikious! Or do ye mean drinkin' alkohol? Many kinds o' garbage kome naturally alkoholik from fermentin' in th' sun. Very tasty!

2006-10-06, 09:28 AM
Well, after the black plauge, I am tentative to ever touch alchoal again....

*Death shudders, and then checks the time*

Well, I must go my friend. It was nice meeting you

*Death shakes Jorge's hand/tenticle/shake acceptor before disspaearing in a flash of thunder. Which is very confusing since it is lightning that flahes*

Reeksofdung
2006-10-06, 09:32 AM
Reeksofdung watkhes Death leave and then goes to see about the day's garbage.

He pays Pete the usual 10 gp for the garbage and then goes out bakk to feast. Onke it is gone, he and his kompanions disappear back to his home realm with a flash of light and a stinky brown kloud.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-06, 11:31 AM
~ Pete, now accustomed to the clientelle of the Slanty Shanty, carries on as if nothing has happened ~

Archon-Blade
2006-10-06, 07:24 PM
*Aterious levicious comes in, looks around a bit, ignores most of the patrons, and sits down at the end of the bar.*

...i'll take the homebrew.

Archon-Blade
2006-10-08, 03:19 PM
*seeing the patrons leave to other matters around town, Aterious gets up throws a gold on the counter and then walks off without his drink*

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 03:49 PM
Verdandi comes in, her wings spread and trembling with anger. She sits down at a table and closes her eyes, trying to calm herself.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:14 PM
Gatamu enters the Shanty. "Where was that PC I sensed? Ah, there..." He saunter over to Verdandi's table.

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:19 PM
Verdandi wakes up from her half-doze, somewhat calmer than she had been before. After shaking her wings out a little and blinking a few times, she looks at Gatamu, slightly perplexed.
Hello?

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:20 PM
"May I eat you?" Gatamu asks politely.

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:24 PM
Veradandi rubs her eyes and and looks at Gatamu in puzzlement. Her wings fold up nicely behind her back.
I'm sorry, what did you ask me?
Did I hear that right?

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:26 PM
"May I eat you?" Gatamu repeats helpfully.

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:33 PM
I am afraid that even if I wanted to be eaten, I would have to say no.
Is he dangerous? He asked, so I am not sure whether he poses a threat to others or not.
She tosses her hair back before it falls in front of her face again.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:35 PM
Gatamu sighs regretfully. "Shame. You look quite juicy."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:37 PM
Um. Thank you?
She ruffles her wings uncertainly.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:39 PM
Gatamu beans, showing teeth larger than Verdandi. "At last! Someone realizes that I'm complimenting them when I tell them they look tasty!"

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:42 PM
Verdandi laughs lightly, the sound rippling pleasantly.
Well it is an unusual compliment.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:44 PM
"Pah! Here, maybe... back in Anchatka, it is amoung the highest of compliments to tell your conversation partner that he, she, or it is looking scumptious."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:49 PM
I see. Well thank you...? She leaves a space for a name.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 04:51 PM
"Gatamu. Gatamu Darketh-Shiryl. And you are?"

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 04:56 PM
Verdandi, but I prefer to be called Vera.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:00 PM
"Fascinating. You look freakishly like my sister usualy does around here."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:03 PM
Verdandi's smile fades a little and her wings still.
Your sister? Is she the bouncer over at Trog's Tavern?

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:18 PM
Gatamu ***** his head. "That's the one. Hoseki Darketh-Shiryl. I take it you've met her?"

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:19 PM
Yes... yes I have.
She stares at the table.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:21 PM
"Not a friendly meeting, I take it?"

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:24 PM
Not really.
She sighs and brushes her hair again.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:26 PM
"Do tell."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:31 PM
There was this Shadow creature in the bar. He had killed two men in the bar, and I was confronting him when your sister saw fit to stop me. We had a bit of an argument after that.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:34 PM
"She is the bouncer. It's her job to stop people from confronting other people in Trog's."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:38 PM
Verdandi looks down.
I know, but I could not just let that shadow get away. It would go against everything I am.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:39 PM
Gatamu sits back. "Don't take it personally. She's had a lot of stress recently."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:42 PM
Verdandi looks up, her eyes a little concerned.
She has?

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:48 PM
"Yup."

((Blasted server problems))

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 05:57 PM
"...Oh." Verdandi seems a little uncomfortable at the news. She puts her arms loosely around herself and looks to one side, wondering what she should do now.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 05:59 PM
"Problem?"

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 06:06 PM
Verdandi stays silent for a little longer.
I feel bad for what I said now.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 06:16 PM
"That being?"

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 06:21 PM
It was not anything specific, I was just unkind to her.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 06:23 PM
"Ah." says Gatamu pensively. "Well, you had no way of knowing."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 06:25 PM
I still should have held my tongue.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 06:27 PM
Gatamu looks sideways at Vera. "Ah... she generally accepts apologies, if you feel that horrible about it."

AmberVael
2006-10-08, 06:37 PM
Her eyes look a bit scared, but determined.
I should go and apologize then.
She stands, one of her hands still on the table, and she looks at Gatamu. Her eyes soften a little.
Thank you for your kindness.
With no more words than that she turns away and strides to out the door slowing ever so slightly before she exits.

Hoseki
2006-10-08, 06:39 PM
Gatamu looks baffled. Kindness? What? He shrugs and vanishes.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-09, 07:00 PM
((And here I thought Gatamu was going to fall to the Love Plague just then. Ah well, no hurry. All the time in the world))

The red thing walks in, turned sideways
"Hello Pete" it says to the barman "For irony, I'll have a devilled fish and a devilled lobster"

"Very ironic" Pete says politely "Pick a table and I'll get the kitchen working"

The red thing pays and sits down at a table near the door. After a while a busty wench delivers a devilled fish and lobster, she has a short straw pinned to her breast pocket.

Cathrindir
2006-10-09, 07:55 PM
Cathrindir enters and looks around, briefly appreciating both the interesting atmosphere and the lack of bugs. He walks over to the counter and up to Pete.
"Hello, there. You a waiter here?"
"That depends. You a customer?"
"Until Trog's gets a better exterminator. Have a special for today?"
"The sweet and sour fish."
"I'll have some. And give it wings."
Cathrindir nods to the Red Thing and takes a seat at a random table as Pete goes off to alert the kitchen.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 04:52 AM
Destro walks in. He looks briefly at the menu, then orders a Homebrew, chuckling as he does so. Pete looks at him strangely. Ye sure ye want order that? Tougher lookin' guys than ye ha' been knocked out by that stuff. Destro grins and tosses him a gold. I'll be fine. And keep the change. Pete looks at the gold. Yer funeral... He hands Destro his drink.

((If Mechanus comes in Destro buys him a drink. If he doesn't Destro sits here all night sipping his drink and wondering about the nine. That's it for me though. Goodnight.))

Antagonist
2006-10-11, 03:18 AM
Helwick walks into the building and over to the bar

It says 'Rooms' on the sign outside

Pete looks at him, medium height, medium build. Slightly dishevelled with scorch marks on his clothing
"I'll need payment up front. I expect you'll be wanting a bath as well"

That would be nice, how much?

"Depends on the quality of the room, and any extras you want" Pete tells him, stressing the 'extras' slightly "Baths are a copper though"

Helwick misses the implication entirely
I'm not interested in extras, just a simple room for a week and a bath now will be fine

"Seven silver, one copper then" Pete says

Helwick hands over the money

"Donna!" Pete yells "Take this customer up to room 2 and get a normal bath started"

Donna walks out into the bar and looks at Helwick
"Just room and normal bath?" she asks Pete as she passes

"Yeah, no extras... yet"

Donna smiles at Helwick "Follow me sir" she says "I'll take you to your room"

She walks out with a slight wiggle, Helwick follows.

Shortly after, the sounds of water splashing into a bath can be heard.

Half an hour passes--------------------------------------------
Helwick comes downstairs into the bar area. He looks cleaner, but still shabbily dressed
Baked stuffed Trout to go he says, putting the money on the counter

Pete makes the coin vanish and goes into the kitchen, he comes out shortly after with a wrapped package
"There's no closing time as such" he explains to Helwick "You can get into your room any time you like"

Helwick nods, taking a bite out of the fish and walks out

((Yes, I have no idea what baked stuff trout is, or how well you can hold it. I'm assuming you can do so. Anyone with actual cooking knowledge can feel free to mock my feeble knowledge of food))

Later----------------------------------------------------
Helwick reappears, carrying a soot stained box which he takes up to his room, then leaves again.
Pete watches him.

Later-------------------------------------------------------
Helwick comes back in with a purple bag
"Busy day" Pete comments, Helwick smiles at him.
After a few moments Helwick reappears with the bag still and walks out

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 07:02 AM
*Hydrogelic opens a shadow door opposite to antagonists room . Hnder his door , Hydro slips a note requesting his presence at the 'Market" , he then leaves through the same way he came , door dissapearing behidn him*

Antagonist
2006-10-12, 05:19 AM
Helwick walks in, dirt clinging to his boots

"Morning" Pete says "Been in the woods?"

How did you know? Helwick asks quickly, then realises th state of his boots Oh, sorry. Yes, collecting a few medicinal herbs

Pete nods as Helwick walks past him and upstairs.

After a few minutes he returns, considerably cleaner
Prestidigtation he explains, seeing Pete's look I'll have another stuffed trout to go

Pete nods and goes into the kitchen to return with a wrapped package

Thank you Helwick says, paying and walks out

Pete wipes the bar down and sniffs, he can smell a faint earthy smell, plantlike
"Cleans, but doesn't remove smells. Typical mage, not doing the job properly"

Later----------------------------------------------------------
Helwick comes in with a bundle
Got some new clothes he says, showing Pete the package I'm expecting a couple of deliveries or notes, hold them until I come down please. I'll be doing some important work

"Is it to do with the plant smell?"

Yes, it is. I'll see if I've got a spell for the smell

"You do that" Pete says "This is a fish bar not a vegetarian one"

Helwick nods and goes upstairs.

The next day---------------------------------------------------
Helwick walks downstairs and nods at Pete
The smells shouldn't get out of the room now

"Glad to hear it" Pete says and hands him a wrapped package "Usual?"

Helwick hands over payment and take the stuffed trout Thank you, I'll be out for a while checking to see if my orders are ready. If they're delivered while I'm out just take them and I'll pick them up when I get back

"No problem" Pete says as Helwick walks out

Alarra
2006-10-13, 01:59 PM
A neatly tied bag appears on a table in room #2. There is a note attached.

Antagonist
2006-10-14, 09:12 PM
Helwick walks in and nods to Pete
Any deliveries for me?

"One from Alarra's Gems" Pete says "Direct to your room according to this note"

He hands over the note from Alarra ((Thanks for the PM))

Thank you, I'll hav a large apple juice

Pete blinks at the change of subject, but pours apple juice into a pint glass and hands it to Helwick.

Helwick pays, takes the glass and walks upstairs

[Room 2]
Helwick reads the note, opens the bag and lays the gems out on a table
Sipping the apple juice, he examines the Gems physically and magically before gathering up some coins and leaving the room

[Bar]
Helwick puts the empty glass on the bartop and walks out

Later-------------------------------------------------
Helwick returns and goes straight up to his room

The next Day------------------------------------------
Helwick enters the bar
Stuffed trout to eat in and a drink

Pete goes into the kitchen and a stuffed trout arrives shortly, the drink is poured and delivered at the same time.

Helwick eats silently, lost in thought. When he has finished he goes up to his room. The occansional spell like word floats down the stairs from time to time

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-18, 01:51 AM
A raven flies through the door and lands on the bar. It drops the paper it was carrying in front of Pete. Delivery for Helwick Gammodan. It flies back out the door before Pete can react.

The paper:

INVOICE
"Business" card x4: 200gp
No questions asked: 100gp
Payment should be delivered to Destro's Document Copying. Approximate construction time is two days. Thank you.

Destro

Antagonist
2006-10-18, 05:09 AM
Helwick walks downstair and goes up to the bar

Morning Pete, is the kitchen open?

"It's always open" Pete tells him "What would you like?"

Sweet and Sour Fish sounds different, I'll have that and a large apple juice

"This came for you" Pete says, handing him the letter, then going into the kitchen

Helwick sits down and reads the note a couple of times
Very reasonable pricing, although two days is cutting it fine. I'll take the money over and then have a look round town, see if I need to do anything

Pete comes out of the kitchen with the request food and drink. Helwick eats quickly, then goes up to his room. He comes down with a large coin purse attached to his belt and leaves.

The next day----------------------------------------------
Helwick comes in with two large bags, as he walks in the door, the left bag catches and some liquid spills out onto the outside of the door.

Pete nods to him, not noticing the slight spill and Helwick goes upstairs

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-20, 12:30 PM
*The llama and his two kids enter in and the kids order a fish and chips and a fish stew.*

*they all relax and chat a bit.*

Silly_Bean
2006-10-29, 05:23 AM
((aplogies - testing to see if i have the smilie thing nailed yet. ))

~ Pete wakes up after a long doze and prepares for another day in the bar ~

((Edit: no haven't got it just yet.....why is it up there ^^^^^grrrrrrrr))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 05:40 AM
((I should be asleep right now, but I'm not, so I can help you out. In the user CP at the top of the page is a link to an options menu. On the options page scroll to the bottom and change the reply format box to be either standard or advanced. There should now be a basic smiley menu to the right of that add reply window.))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-29, 11:56 AM
((thankyou. :D - this face creeps me out. *shudder*))

Antagonist
2006-10-29, 08:11 PM
Helwick walks in and nods to Pete
"Night" he says, passing the barman

"Goodnight" Pete replies, polishing a glass

Helwick walks up the stairs, the sound of a door opening and closing can be heard.

((Tomorrow, the batch of love formula goes into the water. Do what you will, secure in the knowledge that it's not your fault))

The next day----------------------------------------------
Helwick enters, heavily loaded and goes upstairs.

Pete listens to the sounds of objects being moved and spells being cast. Not being a mage, he is not able to see the Mana Flares that the spells give off, although the signature hangs above the Shanty for some time.

After a few minutes of silence, Helwick comes back downstairs carrying the two ceramic urns.

"Busy day?" Pete asks

Essential work Helwick says and walks out.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-30, 08:28 AM
((okie pokie))

~ Pete picks his nose. Then eats it ~

ghost_warlock
2006-10-31, 09:52 PM
((:tongue: LOL!))

Antagonist
2006-11-01, 08:37 AM
An old woman from the slum area enters the bar and sees Helwick sitting at a table, writing something in a book
"Helwick" she says "My grandson is sick, he needs something for a fever"

Wait here a second, I'll get something

The old woman leaves the building and hovers by the doorway

Helwick comes back downstairs with a small pouch and sees the old woman
Why are you out here?

"It's so very nice in there, I felt like I didn't belong"

Helwick smiles at the woman and hands her the pouch Put a pinch into some boiled water and get him to drink it four times a day

The woman thanks him and there is the clink of coins being handed over. She hurries off

Helwick turns to go back into the Shanty and sees that the mana flares are still slightly visible, he goes back into the building

Silly_Bean
2006-11-02, 05:07 AM
~ Pete stirs and collects the rubbish from the past few days. He then opens the back door and flings it into the street behind. He then returns to the bar ~

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-09, 11:56 PM
*The llama trots in, lured by a strange desire for a fish based brew to wash down the alfredo from earlier.*

Son of Beltaine
2006-11-10, 12:01 AM
A man in dark natural clothing enters the establishment.
He sees a llama and walks up to him.
The man noticably has antlers.

Hello I am new to this town and do not know my way around. Might you please help me kind llama.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-10, 12:07 AM
*Atreyu turns and lets out a little bleat of shock that he tries to disguise as a cough.* "Oh, sure. I'd be happy too. What are you looking for? An inn? A tavern? Oh, I'm Atreyu by the way." *He extends a hoof in the traditional humanoid gesture known as "shaking" but his gaze seems to stray ot the antlers on the man's head.*

Son of Beltaine
2006-11-10, 12:14 AM
Thank you I am Beorc *shakes hoof* I have already seen the tavern of Trog's but I am interested in finding a place to stay good sir.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-10, 12:21 AM
*The llama thinks for a minute* "Well, there is Trog's. It has a 2nd floor inn. I think this place has an inn as well. Hmmmm....The Sleeping Elf may still be open, or maybe the UnderFortress Inn. If you like to sleep outside, lots of places are available. I've never been attacked when sleeping in Inari's garden. Can I show you around?"

Son of Beltaine
2006-11-10, 12:23 AM
I would love for you to show me around.
Beorc politely bows to Atreyu

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-10, 12:25 AM
*Atreyu lowers his head to return the bow. THen he kneels down* "Would you like a ride?"

Son of Beltaine
2006-11-10, 12:28 AM
A ride would be wonderful but only if you approve good sir.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-10, 12:32 AM
"Sure. As long as you don't try to harm me or anything, I'd be happy to give you a ride. Hop on. You know, you don't seem very surprised by a talking llama. New people usually at least give me a strange look or ask "you can talk?" or something like that."

(15 min warning, mate.)

Son of Beltaine
2006-11-10, 12:36 AM
Beorc hops on Atreyu

Speach in a being such as yourself does not suprise me for I have seen others in my travels that speak human tongue as well.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-10, 12:39 AM
"It is kinda common around here. Talking dogs and foxes and cats and a leopard too."

*they trot down the gangplank and out the door. It occurs to the llama a few hours later that he didn't get his drink*

Fenric
2007-02-09, 03:03 PM
Myobi enters the old establishment, and looks around for Pete.

The burly sailor comes up and grunts his hello to Myobi "Afternoon, ma'am. Mind if I ask you why yer carrying a cat around?"

Myobi smiles

Oh, this one needs some fish and a nice place to stay. I thought you could take care of her for a bit for me, please?

Myobi hands him four weighty coins, and his eyes light up "Sure I think I can find a spot fer the critter"

Myobi chuckles and waits for the fish to be brought before setting the kitten down in front of it.

{ feline } Don't say I never gave you anything... but stop making a mess in my temple.

Castaras
2007-02-09, 03:05 PM
{ feline } But I was having fun there...

It forgets about Myobi and chomps on the fish.

Fenric
2007-02-09, 03:08 PM
Myobi chuckles and shakes her head, then disappears with a Word of Recall

Castaras
2007-02-09, 03:13 PM
The kitten carries on munching on the fish. It mews happily.

It curls up and goes to sleep so that its player can concentrate on something else.

Baeleck
2007-03-25, 03:27 PM
The Wampus falls from the sky, having been banished from his native plane. It lands on the ground with a thud. "Oh blarg. Whare the hell?" It rights itself and peers around this place.

Fenric
2007-03-25, 03:30 PM
A cold voice echoes Lost at last, most satisfactory

Baeleck
2007-03-25, 03:33 PM
The Wampus yells out. "You! You... bastards!" It groans a bit, and forms into goo. It then slithers around for a moment. "Well, at least I'm out of there... I suppose this isn't that bad." It croaks and finds a sheltered area to rest in, which happens to be a manhole. It enters the sewers.

Fenric
2007-03-25, 03:36 PM
The few sailors drinking at the bar scarcely give the goo notice. Pete looks startled, but then shrugs and gets back to business.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-28, 01:21 PM
*Atreyu trots in, waving hi to Pete and the other customers* "rough day. Can I get a "Johnny Jump-up?"

*Pete nods and slides him a bowl, which he starts lapping at.*

*A few bowls later and a short nap after that, the llama heads out*

Baeleck
2007-03-29, 11:23 AM
The Wampus rises from a manhole in the shanty. It finds the place where it was banished, and, sure enough, finds a portal. It hops through it, into the Plane of Lost Things, and the portal closes behind it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-29, 03:50 PM
The portal re-opens temporarily allowing Random and his "creations" access.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-23, 03:19 PM
*Atreyu beats down continuity so he can appear in multiple places at once cuz he's feeling ornery like that.*

*He trots into the Slanty Shanty and bleats happily at Pete, ordering another "Johnny Jump-up." and sliding the bartender a few gold.*

*A few hours and about 10 good stories between the two later, the llama heads out*

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 11:54 AM
Roderick the Random Quest MageTM comes out to the main room to get some lunch.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 11:55 AM
((nice, I'll try to avoid a barfight and get from one restaurant to the other.))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 11:57 AM
((Okeydokey. Sorry about my lack of return yesterday, I got carried away with this funny "real life" business. More trouble than it is worth, if you ask me. :smallwink:))

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 12:02 PM
((heh, true. I'll try to get him there soon...need a tiny bit of preperation to my plan into action, once I get out of this fight.))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 12:17 PM
Roderick eats his pasta (who knows how he got Pete to get it for him) and reads a newspaper.

The Sentinel
2007-06-09, 12:29 PM
Mr. Tenny BeMorton Plods walks in, still carrying the never-ending box of croissants he picked up at Karsen's Bakery. Looking around the room with mild interest, he pops another one of the buttery pastries into his mouth and settles down in a chair, waving to everyone in the room as if he expects them to recognize him. He seems rather disappointed when they don't. Mr. Plods removes the living gummy worm he received from the Dancing Man from his pocket, watching it wriggle around in the palm of his hand.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 12:31 PM
A few moments later, what appears to be a cleric of Corellon Larethian enters the Slanty Shanty, a determined look in his eyes. The Elf walks up to the counter and asks in a melodic voice, "I have been informed that there is a wizard named Roderick staying in this establishment. Could you please tell me where I might find him?"

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 12:35 PM
Pete looks up from where he is cleaning out a mug.
Roderick? He's sittin' right there.
He shrugs an elbow towards Roderick, who realizes that he's actually getting used a plot and quickly hides the newspaper so he'll look appropriately serious.
He clears his throat, scoots aside the empty pasta dish, and pulls out his spellbook.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 12:41 PM
"Thank you." The Elf bows politely to Pete and makes his way to Roderick's table. "Greetings, I am Tarathiel, a member of the clergy of Corellon Larethian. Might you be the Wizard, Roderick?"

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 12:43 PM
All the goofiness seems to have evaporated and been swept out past the fourth wall by the time the elf makes his way over.

Roderick looks up.
Yes I am. What brings you here, Tarathiel?
He gestures for the elf to take a seat.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 12:49 PM
Tarathiel bows again and sits down. "I have been sent to you on a mission. You carry a dark artifact, which my god has decreed must be destroyed. Will you help me in this?"

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 12:56 PM
Roderick narrows his eyes a little.
I'm aware of what I carry.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 12:58 PM
"Then you must realize how dangerous it is. The artifact must be destroyed, in a way that only Elven High Magic can."

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 01:01 PM
Roderick frowns.
And if I refuse?

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 01:05 PM
The elf looks saddened. "I will not force you to give it to me. All I can ask is that you trust me to bring this artifact to my superiors so that the danger may be ended."

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 01:08 PM
Roderick sits there, thinking, then shakes his head.
I'm afraid I cannot hand it over.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 01:14 PM
'Tarathiel" raises an eyebrow. "Do you fear you will not be compensated for protecting it for so long? The Church of Corellon Larethian will be very greatful for your assistance. You can be very well paid, if that is your wish.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 01:16 PM
No. My reasons for keeping it are my own. Pry no further.
Roderick stands up.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 01:16 PM
Artemis stands right outside the establishment, invisible.

(It would take a DC1000 Spot check, or dispell magic beating CL100, or the equivalent to suspect that he's there. He's very good at his job.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 01:20 PM
The elf stands also and looks Roderick in the eyes. "Please, this must be done, for the benefit of all the goodly races. The artifact is simply too dangerous to be kept intact."

((How good is he at seeing and listening? Raril's disgused his appearance and voice. He's a very good actor and this disguise isn't much of a stretch for him.))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 01:21 PM
Trust me when I say it will be well guarded. Worry no further.
Roderick turns to leave.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 01:27 PM
"My good Roderick, you must understand I cannot return empty handed. Corellon Larethian himself has decreed the artifact must be destroyed, and I was chosen to retrieve it. What must I do to convince you?" A tinge of desperation can be heard in the elf's voice.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 01:32 PM
I'm afraid I've already made plans for its disposal which cannot be abandoned. Worry not.
Roderick vanishes into the living quarters and into his room.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 01:34 PM
'Tarathiel' hangs his head and turns to exit the building. So much for plan A.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 01:38 PM
Roderick shuts the door behind him and puts a hand up to the amulet he is wearing.
How did he find out... maybe...
He thinks about it as he quickly starts packing.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 01:40 PM
As "Tarathiel" leaves the sight of the building, Artemis apears next to him.
Nice try Raril. Did you actually think it would be that easy.

(He's talking about getting the amulet, though Raril might not get that.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 01:42 PM
((he's already disspeared into the street, sorry, try back at the guild))

A long time later, Raril steps into the Slanty Shanty. He scans the room for anything that might keep record of its patrons.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 03:03 PM
Artemis follows, still as invisible as before.

He whispers to Raril
Find out his room number, and I'll scope it out.

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 03:07 PM
*Barracuda walks in*

what is your special today.

"Fish" *the chef starts to cop a fish up right in front of Barracuda.*

That was my uncle!

*He draws his Uzi and points It at the chef.*

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 03:14 PM
Raril nods slightly, then walks up to the front desk. He grins at the owner "Hi, I'd like to rent a room."

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 03:17 PM
(I think the guy your talking to is an NPC)

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 03:19 PM
*Barracuda looks at Raril*

This guy just killed my uncle! He cut him to bits so he can serve him on a dish! says Barracuda the fish man as the waves he Uzi around.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 03:23 PM
(oh you're right...Well because I don't feel like talking to myself...))

Raril rents a room for only a silver piece. While he signs his name in the ledger book, he takes a look at which room the Roderick is staying in. The Drow then heads up to the room he rented and expects Artemis to show up soon.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 03:26 PM
(You never told him what your room is.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 03:31 PM
(ookay I figured he was aware enough to find him but oh well)

Tired of waiting for Artemis, Raril walks back into the main room, sits down and orders a glass of wine.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 03:34 PM
(Artemis was a little distracted by the guy with the Uzi.)

Artemis heads over to Raril, still invisible.
What's his room and what's your's?

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 03:38 PM
(good point...I didn't see that, sorry.)

Raril replies calmly to Artemis "I'm in 3 he's in 12." Then he wonders where his wine is, and notices the fishman brandishing the Uzi. "So it's not just Trog's who get's these types? I'm going to need to find another tavern soon if this keeps happening." Be neath the table he put his hand on is dagger and watches the scene play out.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 03:42 PM
It happens everywhere.

With that, Artemis is off.

(Gotta wait for Vael to send me the schematics of the room.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 03:51 PM
((yep, I just figured he'd stay in one of the nicer rooms..I think I'll try to get the key for you.))

Raril still watches the fish with the gun and secretly draws the dagger out of its sheath. "You know what? I'm getting tired of having my meals interrupted by guys who pick fights." He mutters to no one in particular.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 04:13 PM
(Don't waste your time. Even if Artemis couldn't beat the lock, high level ninjas can go etheral like 20 times a day. He'd just walk straight through the door.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 04:14 PM
((aww that just takes all the fun out of the job, couldn't we go in through a window?:smallbiggrin:))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 04:20 PM
(For stealing it, yes. For scoping the area, no. I want no sign that anyone's been there, including doors that unlock themselves.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 04:26 PM
((keys can re-lock things too, and who knows what sort of magic he's got protecting the room. And Ethereal's not exactly invisible is it? Just incorporeal))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 04:30 PM
(Ninjas do both, and by etheral, I mean he actually enters the etheral plane, and re-enters the material plane when he wants to.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 04:36 PM
(oh that's different... I think Raril can do something similar to dimension door *flips through book*, we may not need a key, or window, or even a door:smallbiggrin:)

The drow sheathes his dagger and walks out of the building and into the streets.

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 05:15 PM
*Barracuda leaves*

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 06:32 PM
((Back. Sorry 'bout the wait again.
This is the first week I've ever willingly run away from my computer more than once...))

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 06:37 PM
(People leave their computers willingly? How strange... Anyways we did a little recon, I hope the room I picked for Roderick works.)

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 06:42 PM
((Meh. One room number is as good as another.
*waits for the two to return*))

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 06:45 PM
((alas, I believe my accomplice is lost to Deadtime))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-06-09, 06:47 PM
((What the heck? Vael willingly left his computer? More than once? There is something seriously wrong with the world...))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 06:49 PM
((Yeah, wouldn't expect me to do that, would you?

And with everything Bookboy was saying...
You'll do just as well on your own. :P His tactics won't work well at all))

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 06:52 PM
((Do well against a wizard? ha! Mind if I bring a little magical back up?))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 07:05 PM
((Go for it))

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:09 PM
Raril walks into the Slanty Shanty and looks around the main room, searching for his mark.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:10 PM
Roderick is not within the main room.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:11 PM
A non-descript necromancer walks into the Tavern section and sits down at the bar, ordering a drink.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:15 PM
Raril heads up the stairs to the rooms, as he walks near room 12 he discreetly examines the door.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:19 PM
to an exceptionally quick eye there may seem to be a man shaped shadow following Raril around. Then again it could be a trick of the light. This shadow is really a spirit summoned by Osnagard and will discretely warn Raril of any magical wards or dangers

The necromancer, named Osnagard, leans back in his chair and takes a long swallow of the beverage.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:21 PM
The door is a plain, wooden door with a normal knob for a handle.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:23 PM
Raril thinks to himself, It's not going to be this easy, is it? He casts an invisibility spell, then quietly checks if the door is locked.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:25 PM
The spirit checks for magical wards on the door.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:27 PM
The door has no wards on it at all.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:30 PM
((is it locked?))

Raril stands back from the door. This is too easy. The wizard would be on guard by now. Is he even in the room? Raril walks to room 3 and steps inside.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:31 PM
((It's locked, but it is a normal, simple lock))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 08:35 PM
(I'm back. I had to go to a Dragons game. And Vael, I still need to know what Artemis finds.)

Artemis shrugs off dead time and enters the room via etheral plane.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:35 PM
((ok, cool, but just to be safe.))

In the safety of his room, Raril casts a scrying spell for Roderick.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:37 PM
Artemis, of all things, hits a wall and doesn't go into the room.
Thump.
Huh.

The scrying, quite simply, doesn't work.

Apparently Roderick is more prepared than his door would have you believe.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:38 PM
Osnagard has gotten into a poker game with some NPCs, and is up 5 sp.

The spirit waits in a shadow where it is completely hidden until it is needed

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 08:39 PM
(There's a wall? In the Etheral Plane?)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:40 PM
Raril shakes his head. "I knew I should have studied more." Still invisible he steps back into the hall, heading for room 12.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:46 PM
((Eyup. There's a wall))

Nothing seems to have changed.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:47 PM
The Spirit tests the wall outside the room, seeing how far through it can get before being stoped. Even if nothing stops it beforehand, it will stop half way through the paint (on the inside side of the wall).

If there is even a hint of being detected it goes no further, regardless of where it currently is.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 08:47 PM
(Oh, and Osnagard, I just read up on what happened at Trog's and, incase you were wondering, Robert got replaced by his spider in the guild. Seriously, it's smarter than he is!)

Artemis has an idea and goes around it.

(In the Etheral plane, no wall can go forever!)

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:48 PM
The spirit manages to get all the way to the paint without being stopped.

There is indeed a limit to the wall. It forms a perfect cube around the room, then stops.
How handy.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:48 PM
((Oh, alright, Robert is no longer in it then?))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 08:49 PM
(Yup, he's out, and the raven catching spider is in!)

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:50 PM
((phew, good to know... I think))

The spirit informs Raril of it's progress and asks him if it should try to go further.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 08:50 PM
Raril pulls out his thieves' tools and goes to work on the lock, praying it doesn't explode.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:53 PM
The lock is fairly easy to pick, and, as luck would have it, doesn't explode.
Yay. We now have an unlocked lock.

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 08:53 PM
*Robert runs in and rams the door Raril is working on unlocking*

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 08:54 PM
(What about Artemis and his etheral wall problem?)

Artemis appears and clubs Robert in the back of the head with his kukri. Again.

AmberVael
((I edited in a response in the previous post))

Artemis97
Maybe it is going to be this easy? Raril puts away his tools, draws his daggers, and pushes open the door.

((Huh what?! first I'm invisible! you can't see which door he's working on, second, you had no idea where we were going, and third you never left the tavern!!!))

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:55 PM
Long before Robert can ram the door Val the blood golem stops him, by wrapping him in veins. This takes place just outside the door to the Slanty Shanty

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 08:56 PM
*Robert rushes into the room, his head throbbing from the attack*

Surprise!

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 08:57 PM
The room is fairly nondescript, except for that funny, glowing symbol on the wall straight in front of Raril.
If he looks at it, he'll be stunned for a good minute or so.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 08:57 PM
((ahem??))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 08:58 PM
Artemis walks in, eyes closed, finds a sheet, and covers the symbol. Rule 1 in ninja school: Big glowing symbols are bad. Then he clubs Robert again. Twice.

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 08:59 PM
((that was godmoding and is ignored))

*He runs up and touches the symbol*

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 09:00 PM
Raril searches the room, leaving the funny glowing symbol for last. As the spell over takes him he mutters, "Yep, I should have studied more" He crumples to the floor, stunned.

((That was godmodding??? you're the one interfereing with the plot!!))

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 09:00 PM
The spirit senses for any magic (which is obviously there, but I'm looking for type/description/the such)

Osnagard is now down 3 gp, and suspects the gnome with the gold tooth is hideing aces

Val waits for a response from Robert

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:01 PM
(Raril isn't stunned. Artemis covered up the symbol with a sheet. And Nightwing, note my edit.)

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 09:03 PM
((you're right, technically it is the way I wrote it.... but it wouldn't have been if there had been any warning that you entered the tavern, and val was watching for any trouble coming from the streets))

Nightwing
2007-06-09, 09:03 PM
((well I'm trying to get blown up so I can be out of every ones way))

*He touches the symbol again*

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:05 PM
(Note that Artemis clubbed him twie and the symbol is covered with a sheet people! And Osnagard, check your inbox.)

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:07 PM
A shadow drops down towards Robert.
It screeches an awful screech, turning into...
The Rhesus Monkey of Godmodding!
It latches onto his face, screeching madly while beating him with flailing monkey fists that convey the stern message:
Don't godmod.

At the same time, the Sith Squirrel lunges in and attacks Robert with its lightsaber and lightning, conveying a second stern message:
Have some sense of roleplaying etiquette.

Lastly, Vael the Player puts a "Somebody Else's Problem" field over Nightwing and proceeds to utterly ignore him.

Artemis finds a number of problems as he attempts this action, though not in this order.
1) There is nowhere to hang the cloth to cover it.
2) Finding a cloth is difficult with your eyes closed
and, most importantly,
3) The only cloth/sheet in the room is on the bed, and Roderick is sitting on it, watching him bumble around with his eyes closed.

Roderick attempts to cage Artemis in a cage of force.

The spirit notes a number of nasty magics in the room.
One, there is a wall of force lining the entire thing.
Two, there is a dimensional lock covering the entire thing
Three, there is a symbol of stunning which just got Raril,
Four, there is a symbol of death on the chest,
and Five, there is Roderick with a Mind Blank on him.
Ah. That explains it.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 09:08 PM
Raril twithches slightly on the ground mumbleing a few curses in Drow at the Wizard on the bed.

((Very nice Vael, Bravo *applauds*))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:11 PM
(Ninja supersenses enable Artemis to see without such mundane things as eyes! Assuming you're using the cage version.)
Artemis slips between the bars (There is no rule against that!), and rushes at Roderick, trying to look like he intends to cut Roderick's throat, but actually just trying to cut off any amulets he's wearing.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:13 PM
((Cage. I did use the word twice, after all))

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 09:13 PM
((Checked 'em, replied, will contiue to look up ;) ))

it can be assumed the whatever the spirit finds from here on ont is relayed to the team.

The gnome has been carried away to be presumably beaten up by a troll who was also playing, Osnagard has broken even in his absence.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:17 PM
((No rules but the laws of physics, you mean...))

As Artemis squeezes through the bars like some kind of spineless, skeleton lacking freak of nature, Roderick flings up a wall of blazing fire in between them.
And this isn't some sissy wall of fire, either. It is the type of fire that turns fluffy bunnies to ash heaps in a second.

Poor bunnies.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:19 PM
Artemis uses Improved Evasion to flick through the flames, and continues his tactic.

(Edit because I forgot he had Improved Evasion.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 09:20 PM
Raril makes a few funny noises as the flames leap up nearby. He wonders how long the stunning spell will last. This is not going as planned. Where is that Necromancer? This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 09:24 PM
Nitzy the fire golem walks to the flames and tries to absorb them, both making them go away and himself become stronger.

((sorry assumed that would go away on it's own))

Osnagard gets up from his card game and checks to see if he is needed. When he sees Raril stunned he dispells it.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:24 PM
Vael points out that this is freeform, and there needs to be more explanation than "improved evasion" which assumes that there is some kind of DnD rule going on here.
Like, reflex saves and stats. In reality, there is a massive wall of fire spanning the room, and slipping past it unharmed requires more than "improved evasion." Vael can stretch reality for the game, but he won't add in DnD rules, because that is just silly.

Dispelling the Stunning effect simply doesn't work, because the effect has already taken place.
Raril is just stunned mentally and mundanely now, and has about one more post's worth of stun.

The fire golem turns the firewall into extra yummy energy for itself, leaving a fairly scared looking Roderick facing it.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:26 PM
(You used a DnD style forcecage on me!)

Artemis also happens to have a potion of fire immunity on him, which he drinks, passes through the flames, and continues his tactic.

(No longer needed thanks to Osnagard.)

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:30 PM
((Edited for Osnagard))

((And yeah, I did use a DnD-style forcecage. But it required no DnD rules to actually work. Improved Evasion assumes a great deal of rules in DnD.

Now, having your character be like, uber fast and seeing the exact point where the flames are weakest and lunging through at the right time, only getting a little toasty actually works, and it is the freeform version of the same mechanic))

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 09:31 PM
((I hate to say this, but Raril's invisible, aside form some random mumbling, he shouldn't be noticed.))

Although still unable to move, Raril's glad to see Nitzy arrive.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 09:40 PM
The spirit goes over to Roderick (if he can, I'm slightly confused on how the force wall works) and sees if the whatever we'e taking is on him.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:44 PM
The Shadow bumps into the force wall, probably slides around it a bit, then finds the gap where the door got opened and makes its way inside.
Roderick slams all magical effects around him with a generic, area magic dispel.

Artemis will find that there are no amulets that Roderick wears.

((Bleh, wrong person with the amulets))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:48 PM
(In that case, Artemis does attempt to cut Roderics head off.)

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 09:48 PM
Raril pulls himself together and gets up off the floor. Realizing that his invisibility has been dispelled, he curses some more and lunges at Roderick, hoping to hit with both daggers.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 09:53 PM
((we'er killing him? oh))

Nitzy bears down on Roderick, trying to both burn him and backhand him across the room.

The spirit backs away... it's no good as anything more than a scout

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 09:54 PM
((looks like it, you can cast speak with dead right? :smallamused:))

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:55 PM
(I was gonna try hit and run, but since we need to search the place, yes, we're killing him.)

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 09:56 PM
Roderick manages to block Artemis's attack with an arm. The unfortunate side-effect of this is evisceration.
So his arm kinda flies across the room in a bloody arc.

Then Raril runs him through, and then he gets backhanded against the wall and splatters messily.
Too messily. As in, literally black blood sprays from his body, probably splattering everyone/thing in the room.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 09:58 PM
Is it just me, or was that to easy?

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 10:00 PM
Raril wipes the blood out of his eyes and looks down at his clothes. He shouts angrily. "I just cleaned these!"

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:00 PM
(well yes I can.. doesn't mean he'll co-operate any better than in life though)

Nitzy is covered in blood, which burns off him unless it has any other effects, Osnagard is lucky enough to not be in the room so he remains clean

"Shall it try to comunicate now?"

Osnagard stops Roderick for going into the afterlife and begins to speak with him.

Turning back to address the group, "Anything This One should ask in particular?"

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 10:01 PM
Ask him where the amulet is, and do you think it's strange that he has black blood?

(dead time)

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 10:03 PM
It is about this time that people begin feeling the effects of the blood.
It's tainted. Heavily.
In fact, it is so damnably evil that being in contact with it warps and fouls the body, destroying it while it also twists the minds to evil and hate, and simple insanity.
Assuming you can't get it off fast enough, that is. Nitzy probably has little problem with this, what with the fire and all.
The others... well, the tainted blood is really gooey and sticky, so getting rid of it before it affects you is pretty hard.

Vhaidara
2007-06-09, 10:04 PM
Artemis runs out of the room, and goes etheral, leaving the goo behind.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:07 PM
Nitzy attempts to burn the blood off the others if there is time.

Osnagard relays the questions.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 10:07 PM
((but we're already evil...does that help us a little?))

Raril casts prestidigitation to clean himself off. "Don't bother with the speaking, Osnagard, that wasn't him. The body was a decoy. Damned Mages!"

((Nitzy's trying to burn the blood off? OW!))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 10:09 PM
((Nope, not really))

Roderick's spirit got snatched away before Osnagard could even try to summon it back.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:10 PM
"He got away.", Osnagard look exceptionally depressed that he failed.

Nitzy stops just short of burning everyone because they're already clean, thanks to Raril.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 10:16 PM
"Well, that's just great. We've lost him completely." Raril huffs and folds his arms over his chest. He looks around the room. "I wonder what he left for us in that trunk. Probably more magical nonsense."

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:19 PM
The Spirit quicky reminds Raril of the sign of death (I think) that's on the chest. The attempts to see what is inside it.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 10:20 PM
The chest sits there innocently.
Roderick's body sits there not so innocently, oozing blood all over the floor.

The chest got its magic dispelled in Roderick's area dispel.
Inside there is a sack with some clothing, food, coin, and various small items of little value.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 10:22 PM
(death ward, yay!) Edit (or not)

"What can you do about that?" He points to the chest "or that?" And then the oozing body.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:27 PM
"Make a zombie, but without the spirit nothing helpful." Rethinking that comment, Osnagard walks over to the body and examins it for any clues (magical or otherwise) to where the amulate or Roderick/whatever took him, is.

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 10:30 PM
Osnagard will find that he'll have to deal with the copious amounts of warping blood if he gets any closer than about five feet away.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:31 PM
((It hasn't sropped yet o.0))

Nitzy first clears a path to the body for him, and continues to keep it clear.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 10:32 PM
Raril takes the gold out of the chest and grumbles "I should have just taken the direct approach. Apparently I'm not as persuasive as I think I am."

((I told you it was a decoy, that was way too messy and far too easy to have been the real thing.))

AmberVael
2007-06-09, 10:32 PM
((Raril only cleaned himself. There was still a large pool on the floor))

There is a large amount of necromantic magic focused on a point under his blood encrusted robes.

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:36 PM
"This one thinks you should have a look at that.. It can defent you against an enemy necromancer long enough for us both to get away, but should This One touch it, and whomever caused that is stronger than This One, It will be overwhelmed and controled"
Osnagard motions to where the magic is coming from and explains what exactly he senses.

Artemis97
2007-06-09, 10:40 PM
Raril turns around and looks at the amulet. "Protect me from a necromancer, huh? Should be useful if I ever get you mad." He grins at Osnagard.

(I'm guessing this isn't the amulet we're looking for)

Osnagard
2007-06-09, 10:42 PM
((not the amulet, I talk of myself as an object remember, the It was capitalized... this is the only time that gets confusing))