PDA

View Full Version : 4e Favorite heroic monster abilities

Sploosh
2010-11-18, 06:37 PM
Hey there,

We're doing a series of events coming up and we're looking for some fun and interesting monster abilities. Do any of you have favorites? One of mine is the way a blood elemental dominates a bloodied target in Paragon but I can't think of any in heroic.

Katana_Geldar
2010-11-18, 09:19 PM
There's the ability of Tiefling casters to teleport once they take ranged damage, that pissed off my players A LOT. And I absolutely LOVE the Gelatinous Cube's Engulf power.

Kaun
2010-11-18, 09:40 PM
I remember the succubus one being amusing.

Lateral
2010-11-18, 09:47 PM
(Dire) Stirge. It's a mosquito. The size of a goblin. That latches onto you and sucks you dry.

Also, slaadpoles. I was in a party once (4th level) that wandered into a slaad hatching ground-- we got mobbed by twenty slaads. We got out of there FAST.

Urpriest
2010-11-18, 09:49 PM
Kobolds shifting powers are fun. It's really delightfully confusing when a party just out of 3.5 runs into them on their first adventure.

"But you said five-foot steps aren't a free action any more!"

Aron Times
2010-11-18, 09:52 PM
Oh, yes, the Shifty at-will power for kobolds is awesome. What's even awesomer is that PC kobolds also get it.

Urpriest
2010-11-18, 09:56 PM
Oh, yes, the Shifty at-will power for kobolds is awesome. What's even awesomer is that PC kobolds also get it.

And even awesomer than that is when they are Dispossessed Champions (IIRC). Ninja Team Leader is a sick build.

DragonBaneDM
2010-11-19, 01:59 AM
Bullywugs. They look like Pokemon and you can basically maintain a farm of them in your spare time to go back to and critfish when you're out of surges.