PDA

View Full Version : Who is that Elf???

Nevereatcars
2010-11-18, 07:01 PM
In 754, who is that elf? And why does Blackwing mention her again? I assumed she was a generic backgrounder, but characters that appear once and then ARE MENTIONED AFTER THEY HAVE LEFT THE SCREEN are usually important in this kind of story. Is she seen anywhere else? Did I miss something?

zimmerwald1915
2010-11-18, 07:06 PM
In 754, who is that elf? And why does Blackwing mention her again? I assumed she was a generic backgrounder, but characters that appear once and then ARE MENTIONED AFTER THEY HAVE LEFT THE SCREEN are usually important in this kind of story. Is she seen anywhere else? Did I miss something?
That elf is the ambassador from the Elven lands to the Empire of Blood.

Felhammer
2010-11-18, 07:23 PM
She's Polozius, Ambasador from the Elven Lands.

She was introduced in #742 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0742.html)

Nevereatcars
2010-11-18, 08:36 PM
Why's she mad at V? Or is that still undisclosed information only known to the Giant, praise his awesomeness.

NerfTW
2010-11-18, 08:49 PM
We don't know. We're just as clueless as Blackwing.

Either it's someone from V's pre-wizard past, or V's mate has made other elves aware of V's dealings with fiends.

I know some people would like the strip to just focus on "Gate, gate, final fight, the end, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here", but there's a good chance with all this globe trotting that character's pasts are going to start catching up with them. V's story didn't end when O'chul was saved.

Felhammer
2010-11-18, 09:21 PM
Why's she mad at V? Or is that still undisclosed information only known to the Giant, praise his awesomeness.

Most likely s/he knows of either the divorce or the whole Pact-With-Fiends-Thing.

iowaforever
2010-11-18, 09:40 PM
maybe it has something to do with V's Familicide of all those Black Dragons

cho_j
2010-11-18, 09:52 PM

That was certainly my initial guess, but I think the idea of V's ex spreading around some of the subtler points of that whole fiendish disaster is an intriguing one; we don't know V's mate well enough at all, at least IMO, to know if they're the kind of person who'd tell other elves about the marital problems/"you sold your soul to FIENDS?" stuff, but that certainly would be a reason to get glared at!

Swordpriest
2010-11-18, 10:30 PM

How on Earth would they find out in a couple of days? :smallconfused:

zimmerwald1915
2010-11-18, 10:41 PM
It's been a little longer than that, and there might well be some black dragons in the remoter regions of the elven lands that...are no longer there. Inky's gossip seems more likely though.

silvadel
2010-11-18, 10:59 PM

Their whirlwind divorce is probably all over the society pages.

Cisturn
2010-11-19, 01:21 AM
well if the hair is anyway to judge Polozius might be a relative of Inkyrius.

super dark33
2010-11-19, 03:41 AM
S/He is glareing at him, myabe s/he loves V from first view?