PDA

View Full Version : Terra Incognita

kieza
2010-11-18, 10:15 PM
Okay, here's the thread. I'm going to spend this first post as a brief spiel on how things work in a PbP game, and I'm reserving the next one for the posting of campaign information.

Now, since this is all of your first PbP game, I'll go over the basics: anything in plaintext (like what you're now reading) is assumed to be what you actually do in character. If you want to add an aside out of character, do it like so: We should totally kill him., which will look like this after the forum interprets it:

We should totally kill him.

If you want to ask or do something without the rest of the group knowing, send me a private message (PM) using the link near the top of the page.

If I want to address information to specific people, but it's not top-secret, I'll put in a spoiler tag with your name in front. Out of courtesy, don't read spoilers addressed to other people. It'll look like this:

Sigmund
You spot an ambush up ahead

When you need to make a die roll, do it like so: 1d6+3, but without the bold d. It seems a little bit buggy, but you can test it out here: Forum Roller Testing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100917). If I notice a lot of edits to the posts in which you roll, I will be suspicious.

In general, I'll try to wait at least 15 minutes to act on a post in case someone wants to interfere/assist/do something to take advantage of it. If I've described the outcome, it's too late to say "Wait! I wanted to stop him from killing the hostage!" so check the forum frequently.

kieza
2010-11-18, 10:25 PM
This space reserved for a campaign compendium. Expect to see a plot summary, records of NPCs with whom you have interacted, and tidbits of lore.

kieza
2010-11-18, 10:28 PM
And the action begins: You have just learned of a war party heading towards the village that is currently sheltering you. If the village turns you over, they will escape destruction. If not...they won't be so lucky. The messenger who delivered the ultimatum is a spirit of fire, who seems somewhat similar to the djinn that you encountered a few days ago. You've determined that he neither likes nor respects his master, and is willing to collaborate with you as much as his binding allows, if he thinks you'll let him loose.

What do you do?

serflord
2010-11-19, 12:21 AM
I am on the thread now! Woo-hoo.
Shane Hetrick, as Sha'ck Jaana

johnnyarr
2010-11-21, 07:02 PM
Hello! I shake my giant hand in greeting and drink 1d20 bottles of wine in celebration.

johnnyarr
2010-11-21, 07:13 PM
Take 2: I drink [roll0] bottles

SnpDwgPlPrty
2011-01-04, 09:14 PM
Tell Joke: [roll0]