PDA

View Full Version : Hair!

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 02:01 AM
The place for all things hair!

Talk about your hair! Talk about beards! Talk about shaving your legs! Talk about chest hair, body hair, waxing, styles, preferences! Do you like to wear long hair? Do you like to wear short hair? Do you like people with long hair or short hair? Shaved or unshaven? Body hair or none? what's your favorite style? what's the coolest style you've ever seen? The ugliest? what's the craziest thing you've ever seen done with hair? How do you take care of your hair? Do you dye it? What does mousse do? What are the best products you've found?

Recently, I've started gelling my hair and combing it back and out of my face, like it would go if it was in a ponytail. I've finally gotten it trained to the point I don't need the gel to keep it up, though it does help flatten it out. I like that it's convenient, but I'm not sure if it actually looks any good.

Temotei
2010-11-19, 02:03 AM
I never touch my hair, really. It's cropped and I like it that way.

That said, I'm really a hairless guy. I just started getting facial hair last year or so (I turned eighteen on June 1st.).

I could talk about my slow armpit hair growth, but that's probably not a topic anyone wants to hear about. :smalltongue:

golentan
2010-11-19, 02:18 AM
I find hair really attractive, but only when short (about an eighth to half an inch). I often think everyone would be more attractive with such cropping, and if the hair grew more thickly. That said, I have wispy hair everywhere but my head: It grows in enough to be noticeable, but not enough to be nice, and just winds up looking messy. Perpetually a day unshaven :smallsigh:

So I go with short crop head and smooth elsewhere.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-11-19, 02:19 AM
I highly recommend anything Redken. The absolute best hair products for metros everywhere :tongue:

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 02:46 AM
That said, I'm really a hairless guy. I just started getting facial hair last year or so (I turned eighteen on June 1st.).

I wish I was hairless. I've been furry ever since I was fifteen. I can count the parts of my body that aren't covered in hair with one hand. One of the guys in the navy said it looked like I was wearing a bear pelt.

Also, I hate shaving. My facial hair is ridiculously tough and it grows FAST. In the navy, I had to shave twice, or sometimes even three times a day because by noon it looked like I hadn't shaved that morning. These days I just leave it be until I have to go out somewhere fancy.

Skeppio
2010-11-19, 02:48 AM
I never touch my hair, really. It's cropped and I like it that way.

I could talk about my slow armpit hair growth, but that's probably not a topic anyone wants to hear about. :smalltongue:

What is your secret? I must know! :smalltongue: I have hair all over the place and it's bloody annoying!

Coidzor
2010-11-19, 02:49 AM
I've been growing my hair out, but I still need to figure out something to do with it style wise. :smallsigh:

Temotei
2010-11-19, 02:50 AM
Also, I hate shaving. My facial hair is ridiculously tough and it grows FAST. In the navy, I had to shave twice, or sometimes even three times a day because by noon it looked like I hadn't shaved that morning. These days I just leave it be until I have to go out somewhere fancy.

I've shaved...twice. I've probably got a couple more months before I have to shave again.

What is your secret? I must know! :smalltongue: I have hair all over the place and it's bloody annoying!

Lucky, I think. Plus, I take after my dad. :smalltongue:

The funny thing is that the hair on top of my head grows extremely fast--faster than anyone's I know.

Savannah
2010-11-19, 03:09 AM
Ooh, I love hair! It's just about the only thing, appearance-wise, that I like to talk about.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I have reeeeeeally long hair. I can grab the ends and stick my arms straight out without it pulling. :smallbiggrin:

Vaynor
2010-11-19, 03:19 AM
This thread reminded me that I need a hair cut.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 03:19 AM
Relevance! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyl0j3WU6Y)

Lolzords
2010-11-19, 01:32 PM
Since I've just finished performing my piece, I can finally dye my hair blue again, can't wait.

Also, I've recently been stealing my mum's straightening lotion for my fringe, it makes me smell of watermelon.

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-19, 02:15 PM
I am, once again, trying to grow my hair out. I will probably have to cut it again because of interviews...I have so much hate for the "professional" world. But they have the money, and I need money to eat.

I have been keeping a goatee for about a year now. People seem to like it well enough, and it makes me look older, I guess, which is a useful thing for me.

I might shave it, but not until it starts getting warmer out!

Starbuck_II
2010-11-19, 02:20 PM
I got Furry feet. Reminds me of a hobbit.

I kind of like the new facial hair I grew (stopped shaving): it stayed soft and kept me warm in these cold months.

pffh
2010-11-19, 02:22 PM
Eugh hair. I usually keep my head shaved but am now trying to grow some but it's so comfortable to just keep it shaved.

On the other hand I hate shaving my facial hair. I really need to shave once or twice a day but I only do it every couple of days and when I´m going out. So any ideas on how to keep the beard growth down (growing a beard is not an option)?

arguskos
2010-11-19, 02:28 PM
Somebody said... beards? :smallamused:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/bloodydoves/Photo39-2.jpg

Cobra_Ikari
2010-11-19, 02:32 PM
Ooh, I love hair! It's just about the only thing, appearance-wise, that I like to talk about.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I have reeeeeeally long hair. I can grab the ends and stick my arms straight out without it pulling. :smallbiggrin:

This is hard for me to reconcile with your avvie having super short hair. =P

The problem of thinking everyone is their avvie, I suppose. =P

wormwood
2010-11-19, 02:38 PM
I fall into the "wearing a bear pelt" category as far as body hair goes. It can be hot and inconvenient at the best of times.

As for hair up top, I got none. Many, many moons ago, I had hair down to my waist. It was frequently in small braids. Otherwise, i just let it hang curly and poofy. It saw many colors (red, pink, purple, blue, brown, uber-blonde) in it's day.

When genetics dictated that I would no longer have a full head of said hair, I took a blade to it and smoothed it out. I refuse to be the guy with the half-moon ponytail.

I've worn a van dyke (goatee + mustache) since I was about 18. That's been a while. In fact, when I shave all of my facial hair and let it grow back in, there is an obvious difference in the growth of the van dyke and the rest of the facial hair... the van dyke grows back thicker and faster.

valadil
2010-11-19, 03:06 PM
Ponytail for me. It used to be much too long. Like, have-to-move-my-hair-in-order-to-wipe too long. I'm actually kind of bored of it now and occasionally think about cutting it. But I wouldn't want to have to grow it out again if I found I disliked short hair.

I'm trying for a beard right now. Probably gone 10 days without shaving. In the past I haven't had enough facial hair to make a beard work, so we'll see how long this lasts. I'm 27 though, so I think I've got as much facial hair as I'm ever likely to get.

Gullara
2010-11-19, 04:18 PM
My aunt has cut me hair a couple times (she's a hair dresser) and she refered to my hair as "nightmare hair". It is just straight, you can't do anything with it, and apparently it's difficult to cut.

I just found out my mom thinks the same thing. 18 years of cutting my hair and she decided to bring it up now.

Besides my head I have very, very little hair, you can hardly call the sparse, slow growing hair on my face facial hair.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-19, 04:28 PM
i love my hair! it's super dark brown(almost black) ans is currently nose length in the front and a few centimeters short of shoulder length in the back

Eldonauran
2010-11-19, 08:38 PM
Hair? :smallfrown:

I started to thin out in high school and already sporting a very defined receeding hair line. I'm 25. :smalleek:

I used to have great hair as a child.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-19, 08:40 PM

I started to thin out in high school and already sporting a very defined receeding hair line. I'm 25. :smalleek:

dude, bummer :smalleek:

Gullara
2010-11-19, 08:42 PM

My grandpa was wearing a toupee by age 25.

Apparently for a few years before he stopped wearing it he would tip it to people like a hat:smalltongue:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-11-19, 08:49 PM
Curly red hair. Fringey, side parting. It works, I suppose, and doesn't look horrendous, which is a plus. One of my many distinguishing features. Some people can't blend into crowds, and I'm one of them.

Dr.Epic
2010-11-19, 08:52 PM
I'm growing mine back after cutting most of it off last spring. I went from Alan Moore length to less than an inch. It's finally grown past my ears.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-19, 08:54 PM

My dad used to say he wasn't sure if his voice dropped first or he started losing his hair.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-19, 08:58 PM
it's been 6 months and 5 days since my last haircut

Science Officer
2010-11-19, 09:52 PM
Well, I think my location says it...
Know who else says it? George Carlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkA60vkgWE).

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-19, 09:59 PM
business in the front.... party in the back:smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-11-19, 10:01 PM
it's been 6 months and 5 days since my last haircut

Dude, 1 year, 7 months, one day. I'm getting it trimmed soon so that it will start actually getting longer though.

Blue Ghost
2010-11-19, 10:03 PM
Dude, 1 year, 7 months, one day. I'm getting it trimmed soon so that it will start actually getting longer though.

Wow. How long is your hair currently?

My hair is really messy if it's even a bit long. Have to get it cut at least once or twice a month.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-19, 10:06 PM

my hair grows like wildfire

Rae Artemi
2010-11-19, 10:06 PM
Wow. How long is your hair currently?

My hair is really messy if it's even a bit long. Have to get it cut at least once or twice a month.

Not as long as you would think. It gets really curly at the bottom, for whatever reason.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4460/hdfr.png
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8438/hds.png

About that long.

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-19, 10:07 PM
business in the front.... party in the back:smalltongue:

There is only one man allowed to say that, and that is Ash (http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Ash) :smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-19, 10:16 PM
Ah, hair. I've had it everywhere from crew cut to shoulder-length and have yet to really find how I like it. Those were the same year to. I also have a blonde down covering pretty much every square inch. Yeah, if there's anything I can do, it's grow hair.

More focused on my beard. Like a mane, from sideburn, to chin, to sideburn. However, I keep it closely trimmed. No moustache though. I hate hair around the mouth, and most ladies say the same, so it's win-win to not have it.

I like it all natural on myself and others. No dyes, no gels, no cobwebby sprays.

Went to the Hairy Potter midnight showing last night as my sister is the manager of a cinema and all employees get to watch for free after the customers leave. I stayed and took pics of the folks dressed up. Saw the most beautiful hair of any woman I've ever seen (she wasn't dressed up though). It was a naturally curly strawberry blonde, went all the way to her waist. She was derned cute as well. Was engaged though, dangit.

One guy came and was a natural platinum blonde, dressed up as Malfoy in a smart black suit and everything. Even facially resembled him. Was awesome.

There is only one man allowed to say that, and that is Ash (http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Ash) :smalltongue:
Dude, I was just about to say that. I, however, had a clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPb71sEy-K4) :smallamused:

Recaiden
2010-11-19, 10:39 PM
I don't have a lot of hair, except on my head. Lucky me. I hate it all. I just keep it around because I hate the sight of my bare skin more. :smallyuk:

Winthur
2010-11-19, 10:42 PM
Well, I think my location says it...
Know who else says it? George Carlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkA60vkgWE).

Man, I thought you were going to bring up the clip from Complaints & Grievances. :smallbiggrin:

I have a friend who goes emo over going bald (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl0u4cmh1A).

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-19, 10:44 PM
Ok, gotta question for the guys. Do any of you notice that your facial hair grows a lot faster around a full moon? Or anywhere else for that matter?

I am 100% serious that there is a 5 day period right around the full moon where I get a 5 o'clock shadow an hour after I've shaved and have a beard going by the time I go to bed. My arm hairs also grow noticeably. My family has commented about this for years. It's a family (half)joke that I'm a werewolf.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-19, 10:48 PM
Ok, gotta question for the guys. Do any of you notice that your facial hair grows a lot faster around a full moon? Or anywhere else for that matter?

I am 100% serious that there is a 5 day period right around the full moon where I get a 5 o'clock shadow and hour after I've shaved and have a beard going by the time I go to bed. My arm hairs also grow noticeably. My family has commented about this for years. It's a family (half)joke that I'm a werewolf.

never noticed that:smallconfused:

Gullara
2010-11-19, 11:48 PM

I am 100% serious that there is a 5 day period right around the full moon where I get a 5 o'clock shadow an hour after I've shaved and have a beard going by the time I go to bed. My arm hairs also grow noticeably. My family has commented about this for years. It's a family (half)joke that I'm a werewolf.

AHHHHH! YOU'RE A WEREWOLF!!!:smalltongue:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-11-20, 08:01 AM

:smalleek:

I shall have to check next time the full moon comes round.

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-20, 08:29 AM
That would be this group of 5 days.

My hair hasn't changed its growing speed, so I guess I'm not a werewolf. Whew.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-20, 08:42 AM
That would be this group of 5 days.
Yup, think tomorrow is the official full fullness.

*rubs stubble*

Trodon
2010-11-20, 09:42 AM
Not as long as you would think. It gets really curly at the bottom, for whatever reason.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4460/hdfr.png
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8438/hds.png

About that long.

In about a year of letting it grow I had hair about twice as long, it also got curly at the bottom. But I got it cut, and now it's just past my shoulder.

wxdruid
2010-11-20, 10:31 AM
I've had my hair as short as the tops of my ears and long enough to be a problem when trying to braid it. Currently, my hair is past my waist but I can still braid it easily (without using my teeth to hold it). I'm planning on letting it grow even longer and see if it'll reach the ground. My hair was shoulder length sometime in 2005 and it's been growing out since then with the occasional trim (maybe once a year). It's to the point now where I find long hairs tangled in my socks when I pull them out of the dryer.

2005 http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/JenniferParrish002.jpg

2009 http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/Hair.jpg My hair is even longer than it was in 2009, maybe I'll remember to take a picture sometime today.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-20, 10:47 AM
this is my hair in a timeline

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v54/185/86/1544820460/n1544820460_30045317_5888.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v315/185/86/1544820460/n1544820460_30165514_4788.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/4331_1066119983626_1544820460_30263870_396728_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs445.ash1/24525_1259715823401_1544820460_30698915_3836906_n. jpgit's started to curl back up, but if i pull it down it gets to be about nose length

Admiral Squish
2010-11-20, 05:02 PM
I buzzed my hair for about three years before the navy, and I've been growing the current do out for the last year. It's pretty long at this point, just a little shorter than that 2010 picture from advocado.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-20, 05:18 PM
Guess this is about my standard length head/face.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs052.snc4/34979_446968596795_611791795_6154448_8036525_n.jpg

But if I let it grow it gets a life of its own and Shirley Temple appears...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs154.snc1/5760_143044691795_611791795_3474165_3657787_n.jpg

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-20, 05:20 PM
But if I let it grow it gets a life of its own...
*hair*

That...that's my hair! Give it back!

Dragonrider
2010-11-21, 12:14 AM
My hair is dark brown and very very curly. Nine months and three days since I last cut it. I'd say it grows more or less an inch a month but alas, the curl hides the length. It's shoulder-blade but looks a little past collarbone.

So it goes. I'm growing it out long long long. I've never had the patience to let it get past hip length because it's so thick and unwieldy. This time though . . . will be different.

Gullara
2010-11-21, 01:12 AM
Guess this is about my standard length head/face.
*snip*

But if I let it grow it gets a life of its own and Shirley Temple appears...
*snip*

That first picture is so many different kinds of awesome:smallbiggrin:

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-21, 10:16 AM
when is hair long enough for a decent male ponytail?

SaintRidley
2010-11-21, 11:40 AM

Almost three years here. It's a beautiful work in progress.

Susil
2010-11-21, 12:53 PM
My hair tends to be memorable. A good friend got offended when someone at the church she'd attended for some 6 months asked her "so, you're friends with that guy with the ginger 'fro, right?" Yeah, I'd been once with her...

These days I tend to keep it tied back in a vaguely bun-type thing. I considered dreadlocks but the ladyfriend says she'll shave it while I sleep if I do.

Bummer.

Loki_42
2010-11-21, 03:40 PM
When I saw this thread, it was right under the anti matter thread, so it looked like:
Antimatter!
Hair!

Sorry for the nonsequiter, it just struck me as interesting.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-11-21, 05:00 PM
When I saw this thread, it was right under the anti matter thread, so it looked like:
Antimatter!
Hair!

Sorry for the nonsequiter, it just struck me as interesting.

That would be, visually speaking, the most sublime manner of death possible, not to mention surely the most unique.

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-21, 08:15 PM
Antimatter hair!

This would allow for the most epic headbutt in the universe...and probably the last one on Earth.

Renegade Paladin
2010-11-21, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_0CFKTO9E

/thread

:smallamused:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-21, 08:39 PM
Barefoot princesses FTW :smallbiggrin:

TruorTupnm
2010-11-21, 08:46 PM
I am a large fan of hair. I don't mind encountering it on any particular place on anyone's body. I had a female roommate who didn't shave much, and I was the only one who thought that it was cool. What's the large deal? Do whatever makes you comfy, and shaving is not comfy. I avoid it. Like some others in here, I try to grow it out, but I have to cut it for interviews and such. When I cut it, I just get it all buzzed off. The last time was probably a couple of years ago.

I prefer it black, but dark brown or white is okay. Dyeing or spraying or doing much beyond just letting it do its thing isn't cool. My evil mom lady got white hair at fourteen, and she always dyed her hair various shades of red. I'm not sure what her original hair color was. I'm getting some white hair at twenty-five, but I don't mind. Why can't people just be content and save their money? I have maybe shoulder blade-length black hair, with a bit of a curl at the end. I'm not too hairy, otherwise. My evil father has even less testosterone that I do, so I didn't get much help from him, in that department.

Anyways, can anyone tell me why some people hate hair? Why would anyone think that it is particularly gross? Sure, if I find someone's hair in my food, I will think that it is a bit gross but not too large of a deal. Some people will freak out if they just find a hair sitting on a table. Is that just neat-freakiness, or am I missing something? Are stray hairs a major health risk, and I was unaware?

CrimsonAngel
2010-11-21, 09:02 PM
My hair is annoying. :smallannoyed: It'll be nice to me one day and straighten out, then the next day i'll have 50 cowlicks and look like Roxas. Also, all of the men in my family are hairy. I'm worried. :smallfrown:

Cealocanth
2010-11-21, 10:49 PM
Should I be concerned by all the mustaches I see around school. I mean, an intentional mustache is one thing, but there's an innumerable amount of kids that wear that "I have never shaved before/ I don't know how to shave/ my parents are afraid of me growing up so they don't let me shave/ my parents are afraid of razors" mustache.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-21, 11:56 PM
Should I be concerned by all the mustaches I see around school. I mean, an intentional mustache is one thing, but there's an innumerable amount of kids that wear that "I have never shaved before/ I don't know how to shave/ my parents are afraid of me growing up so they don't let me shave/ my parents are afraid of razors" mustache.
We often refer to this 'stache a 'Molestache'. Because it's the disturbing, creepy mustache so often seen on the evening news.

Gullara
2010-11-22, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_0CFKTO9E

/thread

:smallamused:

This actually looks decent.

Is this a result of no shave November?

Amiel
2010-11-22, 01:16 AM
I have disagreeable hair; it's frizzy and puffy when I want it to be straight.
I also like wearing my hair long, but only to a point. I have two friends who have knee length hair (did I mention that they're two guys?)

Temotei
2010-11-22, 01:25 AM
this is my hair in a timeline

We have exactly the same hair color, from what I can see. Ah, the power of almost-black. :smallamused:

shiram
2010-11-22, 11:25 AM
After having long hair for about 10 years, i shaved it down, and went with a buzz cut for about 4 years. And now i'm trying to grow it out again, and its a pain as it looks kinda bad growing out. Its only about 5-6 centimeters long, and the best i can do is use gel to make sure it just doesnt pop up.

Also been rocking a beard for the past 14 years, i have a chinstrap goatie combo going on.

Zen Monkey
2010-11-22, 11:40 AM
I kept getting my hair cut shorter and shorter, to the point that I was getting it cut every two weeks. Eventually, I just bought clippers and did it myself. About a year ago, I just took a razor to it and shaved it clean. It's so much nicer to not have to worry about that anymore. It still grows fast, so I tend to shave about every five days when it goes from slight shadow to something I could actually pluck. I can't recommend the razor enough for any guy that wants a very low-maintenance routine. You'll never again need shampoo or a brush, or have a bad hair day.

I maintain the goatee though. I find the C&C Kane / Bill Goldberg combination of shaved head and goatee to be a good look.

Assassin89
2010-11-22, 11:56 AM
I prefer my hair to be short, not to mention when it grows, it grows thick and wavy or curly.

As for hair color, my is black with brown highlights.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-22, 12:06 PM
It is weird... I have shaved regularly since I was 14 (for the record I am 18); but for some reason hair refused to grow on my arms... it is weird to say at least. Considering almost all the males in my family are on the "wearing a bear pelt" camp regarding hair.

Edit: Black curly hair BTW

Cealocanth
2010-11-22, 06:46 PM
Is this a result of no shave November?

I actually think it's a defining attribute in 12-14 year-old kids.

Gullara
2010-11-22, 06:55 PM
I actually think it's a defining attribute in 12-14 year-old kids.

You're probably right.

On that topic, you should see brother #1. His chin looks like Shaggy's (Scooby Doo). It's pretty terrible. Of course this is because he always puts off shaving out of laziness.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-22, 06:57 PM
You're probably right.

On that topic, you should see brother #1. His chin looks like Shaggy's (Scooby Doo). It's pretty terrible. Of course this is because he always puts off shaving out of laziness.

Your brother sounds like me. I should probably shave now, actually...

Nah, I'll do it later. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-11-22, 07:57 PM
Your brother sounds like me. I should probably shave now, actually...

Nah, I'll do it later. :smalltongue:

:smalltongue:

That would be me too, but I barely have any facial hair. Kind of odd because both brother #1 (16) and Brother #2 (14) have more than me. I don't mind, saves me the trouble of shaving.

CrimsonAngel
2010-11-22, 07:58 PM
I should ask my dad how to shave, actually... I look like I don't care anymore. Or maybe i'm over exaggerating.

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-22, 08:20 PM
I should ask my dad how to shave, actually... I look like I don't care anymore. Or maybe i'm over exaggerating.

Step 1. Hold razor
Step 2. Move razor across unwanted hair
Step 3. Plug all the new holes you have just made in yourself
Step 4. Cry from the razor burn you got because you forgot shaving cream
Step 5. Go out looking even worse than you did when you were scraggly

Well, it's a lot like that, anyway.

Rae Artemi
2010-11-22, 08:32 PM
Step 1. Hold razor
Step 2. Move razor across unwanted hair
Step 3. Plug all the new holes you have just made in yourself
Step 4. Cry from the razor burn you got because you forgot shaving cream
Step 5. Go out looking even worse than you did when you were scraggly

Well, it's a lot like that, anyway.

I've only cut myself shaving a total of three times, twice on my lip, so it isn't always that bad.

CrimsonAngel
2010-11-22, 08:33 PM
I've lost an eyebrow to a razor before. Terrible creatures they are. :smallfrown:

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-22, 09:35 PM
the worst job i've ever done shaving (and i'm pretty sure i deserve a darwin award for this) was at 1:30 on the back of a greyhound bus, in pitch black. i'm surprised i didnt slit my throat

Orzel
2010-11-22, 10:20 PM
I gotta get my low "non-Clooney" AA Ceaser fixed. I went to the barber on a Friday so it wasn't done well.
:smallmad:

Cealocanth
2010-11-22, 10:47 PM
I've been shaving for a while now, and those cuts hurt. I don't get it, but they always seem to really, [B]really[/B, bleed.

The last cut bled for two hours, and it was right on the tip of the lip. I eventually just went to bed with a tissue on my pillow.

@V: Ok, sting is a more accurate term.

Oh, and that's why I shave at night, before bed.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-22, 10:55 PM
IME shaving cuts don't hurt; but they sting like hell, and yes they bleed for hours. I'll tell you it is not nice to go to school with a tissue on your face due a shaving cut... when you are 14...(yes I had to shave at that age)

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-23, 05:04 PM
nipple hair sucks :smallannoyed:

Admiral Squish
2010-11-23, 05:36 PM
Gaahh! My hair is so annoying today! It's dangling at exactly the right level to tickle my nose and bother my eyes. But I've decided the 'up' style looked stupid, so I'm kinda stuck.

Dvil
2010-11-23, 06:29 PM
I'm contrasting a bit. On the one hand, I'm letting my head hair grow for Bloodstock next year.

On the other, I've started shaving... down there. Cut myself first day, which got painful fast, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

CynicalAvocado
2010-11-23, 06:31 PM
On the other, I've started shaving... down there. Cut myself first day, which got painful fast, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

been there bro.... been there

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-11-23, 06:32 PM

Is... is this common practice? I've never even contemplated that...
:smalleek:

Dvil
2010-11-23, 06:37 PM
It seems to me around here. Me and my friends are fairly open about things, and it turns out most of us shave.

Morph Bark
2010-11-23, 06:45 PM

1 year, 5 months for me, though I had a bit of it cut. It's longer than yours though, though I got the curliness at the ends as well. Family members be telling me it's looking like its getting curlier, which I fear since I don't like curly hair so much and a cousin of mine went from slightly wavy to super-curly in a matter of months last year.

Usually keep it in a ponytail to keep it out of my face and keep the look clean though. Done that ever since I noticed strands of hair in my mouth during work. Was a big relevation and all that. "Shiddarn! Rain all up over me and suddenly I got my hair in my mouth! Daaang, I gotta do something about that. ...later. Do something later."

Renegade Paladin
2010-11-25, 03:53 AM
This actually looks decent.
It does. This is actually the first time I've wanted to go see a Disney (not one of the subsidiary studios, but Disney proper) movie since I was a child. I'm taking my girlfriend on Friday. :smallcool:

Skeppio
2010-11-25, 03:56 AM

I've done that a couple times. The trick is to be veeeeeeery careful. No wonder I can't bring myself to do it very often. :smalleek:

LordOMud
2010-11-27, 12:54 AM
Hair? Well, my cousin is gonna give me dreadlocks, he had them earlier this year, but cut them out

DeadManSleeping
2010-11-27, 11:06 AM
Funny hair thing this holiday

My mother: Your hair looks better shorter
Me: Some people like my hair longer
My mother: Not anybody with taste
My mother's mother: You know, I like your son's hair at that length

10 points for DMS! :smallbiggrin:

Fighting with my parents about my hair is really a chore. Honestly, this didn't help things any, but I have to cherish my moral victories to keep fighting the fight.

Marillion
2010-11-27, 02:21 PM
Before:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Saroth/DSCN0121.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Saroth/DSCN0156.jpg

After:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Saroth/DSCN0190.jpg

What was I thinking :smalleek: