PDA

View Full Version : Evil druid (3.5)

Balor01
2010-11-19, 03:43 AM
I am currently playing a lvl 2 druid who due to certain events turned from N to NE. Basically, he wants to completely destroy all civilization. I am wondering if there are some nice PrC classes which i could "attach" to my basic druid to fit his new alignment. (Not that there is something wrong with druid class, but I would like to know if there is sort of a druid- equivalent PrC class of blackguard or similar PrC which comes into question if character goes evil.)

GodGoblin
2010-11-19, 05:24 AM
Im sure how well it would mesh with the mechanics but The Vermin Lord (I think its called) would be cool if you want to 'get your plague on'.

The problem with Druids really is that an evil druid is still a druid, things like Blighters and Ur-priests happen when they turn against nature or religion but thats an anti druid rather than an evil druid.

I would personally reccomend sticking to whatever druid build you enjoy but selecting your spells and wildshape form to be more gribbly and evil :smallbiggrin:

Leon
2010-11-19, 05:37 AM
Doom Lord PrC from Planar Handbook

Requires +7 BAB Imp Sunder and Focus: Sword plus a special requirement.

Is a Full BAB class with good Fort, d12 HD, Half Casting and a number of destruction related abilities.

Runestar
2010-11-19, 05:41 AM
Planar druid *hides* :smalltongue:

BridgeCity
2010-11-19, 06:29 AM
I was going to suggest blighter but it was already discussed and discarded, with good reason. I'd have to agree that an evil druid is really still just a druid who does evil things. Maybe chat to your DM about opening up more vile darkness spells, or using alot of poison/contagion spells and effects.

It's probably just me, but I tend to see the evil side of nature as being the venoms and all that as opposed to the elemental side. I guess it's because the elements don't actively try to kill you, where as poisons, diseases and venoms do (sort of).

Balor01
2010-11-19, 06:46 AM
How would this druid make animals more ferocious? Like changing a common dog into a savage dire wolf who could tear apart the leash he is on and a bond to its master, maul and eat its master and go free?
That's the concept I had in mind. Making "domesticated nature" wild again.

BridgeCity
2010-11-19, 07:09 AM
How would this druid make animals more ferocious? Like changing a common dog into a savage dire wolf who could tear apart the leash he is on and a bond to its master, maul and eat its master and go free?
That's the concept I had in mind. Making "domesticated nature" wild again.

The one thing I can think of right now is prepare lots of dire hunger spells (can't remember if they are on the Druid spell list though, I know they are on Cleric's).

I'm building a druid myself at the moment, so if I come across anything I'll post it here.

Balor01
2010-11-19, 07:10 AM
Awesome. I will be sure to check it out.

BridgeCity
2010-11-19, 07:11 AM
Just a quick thought. It's probably not quite what you are after, but with high ranks in handle animal, coupled with wild empathy, you could deliberately change animals from neutral/friendly to hostile and set them on their owners.

Rising Phoenix
2010-11-19, 07:34 AM
Animal growth will increase the size of animals. Then stack buffs on it such as magic fang, nature's avatar and what not and laugh as the pink, dire poodle tears through the house of its former owners...

Leon
2010-11-19, 08:54 AM
Wild Reaper variant (DR311 p55) may be of use.

Maho-Tsukai
2010-11-19, 09:06 AM
Are you allowed homebrew? If so then Frank and K made a PrC in the Tome of Necromancy for druids that makes them able to be effective necromancers. You gain powers that can animate undead and do other fun things including wildshape into a whisp. I forget the name of the class but like everything frank and K make it's pure awesomeness and unlike the blighter is pro-nature yet still distinctly evil. I believe the class was called the "Corpselight Whisperer" but I am not fully sure. Still, if you are allowed homebrew you may want to check it out.

Callista
2010-11-19, 09:08 AM
Don't worry too hard about PrCs; the Druid doesn't really need 'em. (And if you do, don't give up your spellcasting or wildshape.)

On the other hand, if your character's too powerful, then a prestige class might be a good idea; you don't want to overshadow others. Especially true if you're doing the "evil in a good party" deal; it's good odds that you'll eventually have to either leave the party or fight to the death. You don't want that fight to end in a TPK--you'll have everyone seriously PO'd at you.

I agree with the "don't go Blighter" statement. Your guy's an anti-civilization druid, not an anti-nature druid, so that wouldn't fit the character even if it fits the alignment.

At one point I played a NE dwarf druid. Like many dwarves (and this was probably the only thing about the character that was dwarfish at all), she believed that strength was important. Combine this with nature, and she basically ended up believing that the natural order decreed that if you were stronger, that made you naturally superior. Without a clan to worry about (this would be the backstory; I won't get into it), she ended up with her primary mission being to establish the superiority of nature over civilization. Talk about natural selection... And yeah, she eventually left the party; it was that or get slaughtered. I like to think she's still out there enchanting the local bears so they can rip the hunters to bits.

Anyway, considering that the druid is good all on its own, why not emphasize your theme with spell selection? There are plenty of spells that are anti-civilization like that, even at low levels. Entangle the city guard; they're too used to flat roads. Bring down fog clouds to hamper those who depend too much on their eyes. And if it comes down to it and the city annoys you too much, just roll a flaming sphere through it. (It's not usually a really great spell, but wonderful for burning down annoying little settlements. But warn your DM before you burn anything because it might contain plot hooks, and unlike your character, you probably aren't evil.)

You should also look into some of the druid- and ranger-oriented gear you can find in various sourcebooks (I think Complete Divine and possibly Arms & Equipment); your character likely won't like using manufactured goods. If you can't find what you want, you can probably re-flavor the stats for some of the normal equipment. You will of course want the stuff to stay with you while you're in wildshape if at all possible.

Balor01
2010-11-19, 09:12 AM
your character likely won't like using manufactured goods. If you can't find what you want, you can probably re-flavor the stats for some of the normal equipment. You will of course want the stuff to stay with you while you're in wildshape if at all possible.
Yes, this. Soooo, this. I was pondering a lot how to turn my back on City-manufactured items and rely more on other (natural) resources. Additional advice on this topic is much appreciated.

GodGoblin
2010-11-19, 09:59 AM
Well if you want equipment the best place to browse over it is here (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Equipment.pdf)

And some weapons that come to mind are the ones in Frostburn like the big Antler hammer thing and the shark tooth club.

But bieng a druid with a club and the Shilighah (Or something like that) spell is usually a good choice, I believe there is a higher level equivilent too