PDA

View Full Version : Tactical jumping 3.5, other movement skills

jpreem
2010-11-19, 05:25 AM
I would be interested in battles where charatcers use a lot of jumps/leaps acrobatical stunts etc.
So I'm looking for you to guide me a bit with Jumps skill and its use when gping round by round.
So jumping in a combat is a part of a move action. Movement by jump will be substracted from my movement. If I ran out of movement I'll "stay hanging in the air" and next round I'll spend movement to get down again.
So when I'm doing a common - move action standard action attack rountine I't is quite common thing to happen - usually I want to move the first 20 ft to gain a running start. So for a normal speed character it leaves a max 10ft to be covered in a jump in this round, otherwise he'll finish it hanging in the air.
The character hanging in the air - will he be able to do AoO-s?
Can I ready an action ( standard to ready) to strike something when it swoops past me while im "hangin", or ready an action to shoot a bow throw a knife ( some nice kung-fu stuff coming this way)
Will I be able use jump on a charge can I ignore rough terrain or obstacles by doing this to still be able to charge?
When I use run action - (equal to 4 move actions) will I be able to do multiple jumps as part of this. ( I run and in my path there will be 2 chasms or whatnot)
I'd like to have combats full stunts like these. Probably should aim for low levels where non-magical movement can have it's uses.
Every trick or stunt that can be pulled by using jump or tumble in combat is also welcomed. As we are going on this maybe someone can enlighten me on combats that happen while climbing/swimming.

Lev
2010-11-19, 05:33 AM
This is an interesting question, since if you end your turn mid-movement then it assumes that you reached your mid-jump at the last possible moment of the 6 second round, where as a movement action might only take 5' to enter a threatened square which might not even be threatened yet if we take into account both movements on the same round ACTUALLY happen simultaneously.

Once it's off the ground, it becomes an aerial battle and in such I believe you threaten 26 squares.