PDA

View Full Version : What`s your favourite plane?

akma
2010-11-19, 07:20 AM
And why is it your favourite plane?

Swiftest
2010-11-19, 07:24 AM
Hmmm, probably the F-22 x=

Balor01
2010-11-20, 01:48 PM
I think planes are way too "total" in its essence to really appeal to human. Who wants to live in a world of Utter Evil ot Utter Good. Or a plane, where everything burns ... or is one big ocean with no top and no bottom ...

Balor01
2010-11-20, 01:49 PM
I think planes are way too "total" in their essence to really appeal to human. Who wants to live in a world of Utter Evil ot Utter Good? Or a plane, where everything burns ... or is one big ocean with no top and no bottom ...

Tome
2010-11-20, 01:52 PM
Limbo always seemed pretty fun to me. There's a huge scope for impressive scenery and interesting terrain, not to mention you can justify throwing pretty much anything at anyone when they're there.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-20, 01:55 PM
The Elemental plane of Candy.
Because it sounds cool to me.

unimaginable
2010-11-20, 02:00 PM
@Balor
Actually, what I find great about the planes is their clarity and purposiveness... as a DM what I like to do is to have an ongoing conflict between the forces from two planes, possibly in the battleground of a third, and then stick the PCs in the middle of it and see how they respond. When neither side can possibly be talked out of their position because, on a fundamental level, they're physical manifestations of abstract concepts, it means that you have to play by toying with energies and pitting one side against another. Also, the power level of planar stuff is often very, very high... so low or even mid level PCs usually can't fight the creatures directly, but can interface with the situation and the moral conflict it represents instead.

Kind of a "giants in the playground" thing, if anybody knows where the name of this website comes from...

Psyren
2010-11-20, 02:11 PM
To live on would probably be Elysium. I also love all three transitive planes.

Soren Hero
2010-11-20, 02:22 PM
Id say the astral plane...its the closest thing to outer space in the d&d cosmology...I remove the timeless trait from it in my games and make it so anyone who finds themselves on the plane aren't outsiders (unless astral projecting), which makes it a much more dangerous place.

houlio
2010-11-20, 02:50 PM
Ysgard, it has my two favorite gods: Olidammara and Kord.

Derjuin
2010-11-20, 02:53 PM
The Beastlands, because I think roaming an infinite forest would be kind of fun :smalltongue: though admittedly, it would also likely be dangerous...

arguskos
2010-11-20, 03:08 PM
The Quasi-Elemental Plane of Vacuum and the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Radiance tie for me.

An Enemy Spy
2010-11-20, 03:15 PM
Bitopia. I love how the sky is also the ground. Makes me think of that awesome shield world from Halo Wars.

Also, the A-10 Warthog. Man is that a badass piece of machinery.

Elfin
2010-11-20, 03:19 PM
I place my vote firmly with he Material.
Though admittedly, none of the celestial planes would be half bad.

An Enemy Spy
2010-11-20, 03:22 PM
So in Bitopia, is the sun between the two layers? Or do they both lie in eachother's shadow?

Callista
2010-11-20, 03:36 PM
Wow, nobody's picked the Abyss yet?

It's possibly the absolute most hostile environment you can get the PCs into without killing them outright. Danger is constant and you can't count on living the next five minutes, much less five days. The geography itself is infinite and unpredictable. Oh, and everything wants your soul.

There's nothing like having the PCs wake up and realize just exactly where they are...

Morithias
2010-11-20, 03:38 PM
Baator it has the hottest women.

Scarey Nerd
2010-11-20, 03:44 PM
Anything that isn't the Far Realm.

In all seriousness, my favourite would probably be the Outlands for flavour and Ysgard to live, though if the Region of Dreams were allowed, I'd prefer it to the Outlands for flavour.

Though I'm serious about the Far Realm. Call of Cthulhu and D&D shouldn't mix, IMO.

Claudius Maximus
2010-11-20, 04:06 PM
From the last thread on the subject:

Favorite: Acheron. Epic infernal wars on floating metal cubes. Lower on it turns into an infinite expanse of darkness filled with supersonic flying ice blades. Hell yes.

Tvtyrant
2010-11-20, 04:07 PM
The Plane of Shadow. I like the idea of a place where everything is exactly the same, except its extremely hard to see right and magic doesn't work quite right.

Also the first level of Baator. Blood Wars yes!

Callista
2010-11-20, 04:09 PM
I've always thought of the Plane of Shadow as somewhat more like "subtly wrong, but you can't really tell what the difference is..." than "exactly the same."

mootoall
2010-11-20, 04:19 PM
Baator it has the hottest women. The pun! It burns us!

Gensh
2010-11-20, 04:23 PM
Positive Energy Plane. "Hey, I feel great!" *explodes*

shadow_archmagi
2010-11-20, 04:42 PM
Mechanus because Modrons

ScionoftheVoid
2010-11-20, 04:58 PM
I've always liked Acheron. Giant metal cubes in an endless voids, endless pointless war, massive looting potential with the risk of occasional instant death and the home of two of my favourite deities? Yes, that is all.