PDA

View Full Version : Destro Yersul's Document Copying



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-07, 03:45 PM
Destro pops into existence on the roof again. He climbs down into the house and goes into the workshop. There are some explosions, several expletives, and some hammering noises. These continue for quite some time.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-10, 03:04 AM
Destro appears in his workshop accompanied by his nimblewright and a pair of tall constructs. He heads over to the workbench and starts work on another nimblewright. After a while he heads upstairs to sleep.
((goodnight.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-10, 04:59 PM
There is suddenly a loud explosion from inside the house, followed by grumbling and a chunk of metal sailing out the window to smash on the road. Hammering noises ensue, and a short while later Destro climbs down from the house and heads towards Trogs.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 01:56 AM
Destro walks up to his house and turns around to wait for Dragon.

Blood
2006-09-11, 01:58 AM
Dragon walks up to Destro. Sorry about the hold-up...and thanks for the shelter. I'm Dragon. What's your name? Once again, the speech is through a mindlink.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:01 AM
I'm Destro. You might have trouble getting up a rope, so it would probably be best to just fly up to the roof and we can get in from there.

Blood
2006-09-11, 02:02 AM
Sounds good. He flies to the roof.

Thes Hunter
2006-09-11, 02:07 AM
(( What mint chocolate chip cookies aren't special enough? ;) And blood there is no hard feelings right? Cause there are none here. ))

Blood
2006-09-11, 02:09 AM
(('Course not. A misunderstanding is all.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:11 AM
((I ran out of characters for my sig.))
Destro floats up to the roof and opens the staircase in the floor.

Blood
2006-09-11, 02:12 AM
Dragon shrugs and enters, observing the room around him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:15 AM
Destro leads the way down the hall, which is not very decorated. He opens a door and shows Dragon in. You can sleep here.

Blood
2006-09-11, 02:17 AM
Thank you. He smiles exhaustedly and goes in, where he immediately curls up on a soft cushion and begins to snore quietly.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:18 AM
Destro closes the door and heads upstairs to the roof. He sits on the roof looking at the stars and thinking for a long time, before heading back inside and going to sleep.
((goodnight))

Blood
2006-09-11, 07:31 AM
Dragon yawns as he wakes up, and tries to remember which way to get out. He clumsily writes a quick note* with his claws, and puts it where Destro can easily see it upon opening the door. Then he sighs and leaves, flying towards Trog's.

((*The note says, in scrawly writing, Thank you.))

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:26 PM
The Master appears nearby the house, his eyes gleaming a little. He begins walking towards the woods, when he sees the floating thing.
That is sheer blasphemy.
We are not wasting our time with petty mortal Warpers.
This one doesn't feel so petty. Do you feel the power in that bending of our law?
The Masters stop and consider the house.
It is wrought strongly... I dislike such things.
Very well. We will confront this Warper. But only shortly.

The Master flies up to the door.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:29 PM
((posting may be a little slow. My teacher keeps watching me to see what I'm doing.))
The door is a simple wooden trap affair set in the floor.

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:34 PM
((Heh heh, okay. If you suddenly vanish I'll know why))
The Master turns incoporeal and moves through the floor and looks around.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:42 PM
The master is in an entrance hall. It isnít fancy, but there are a few minor decorations about.

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:44 PM
The Master growls and then speaks loudly.
Where are you, mage?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:47 PM
Destro looks out of the door at the far end of the hall. Eh? how'd you get in here?

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:48 PM
The Master looks at him amusedly.
I came in through the floor. as a magician -he says the word magician with particular distaste- that really shouldn't be such a shock to you.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:51 PM
It's not. I was merely curious. I prefer the term wizard, though magician works just as well. You need something copied? Destro shuts the door behind him and walks towards the master.

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:53 PM
No. I merely wanted to let you know that we do not appreciate your breaking of our rules. The True Laws must be obeyed.
He takes a somewhat offensive stance.
Give us more respect and we won't have reason to harm you.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 02:57 PM
What rules are you talking about? I'm unaware of breaking any rules, unless you mean Friore... He smiles slightly.

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 03:02 PM
We speak of the Natural Laws, the undeniable and unchanging laws. Magic bypasses these.
Your magic is strong enough to warp Law constantly, denying them and defying them. Release the potency of your magics, and we will release our rightful claim of your life.
The Master raises a hand, and a detailed map of the forest appears in it.
Come to the Mystic Cave when you have made your choice to either stand aside, ordefy us.
He vanishes, leaving the map behind.
((Gotta go, sorry))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 03:06 PM
((Later))
Destro looks at the map. What the shock was that about? He picks up the map and heads back to his workshop, grumbling about laws, demands, and crazy people with too many voices.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 05:03 PM
Destro pops into existence in the entrance hall.

AmberVael
2006-09-13, 05:04 PM
The Master appears suddenly, arriving before Destro despite the fact that Destor teleported and appeared first.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 05:05 PM
Curious. Now, I don't have much time, so where do you sense this distortion?

AmberVael
2006-09-13, 05:06 PM
The Master focuses and heads towards the nimblewrights. ((Wherever they may be))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 05:09 PM
Destro follows the Master down the hall towards the workshop. He opens the door and looks inside. The place is littered with half finished constructs, metal, and spare parts. There is a workbench in one corner, next to a window. The two runic guardians stand against one wall, watching everything with glowing emotionless eyes. The two nimblewrights are playing cards. They both look over and immmediately start looking like the master.

AmberVael
2006-09-13, 05:10 PM
The Master snarls.
That would be the distortion.
He points to the two nimblewrights.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 05:12 PM
The nimblewrights put down thier cards and stand up one of them raises an eyebrow. The other walks towards Destro. Destro smiles at them. Ah. Fascinating aren't they? It took a great deal of effort to find out how to build them.

AmberVael
2006-09-13, 05:13 PM
The Master looks at them, puzzled.
They are of themselves not a distortion... but...
He hears Destro's comment and whirls around.
What did it take? How did you find the method of their creation?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 05:15 PM
Several hours in a library and a planeshift spell. I went to Talievandor and talked to thier original inventor, who is now a ghost. The nimblewright that was walking towards them stands behind the master and an amused look comes into its face. It copies the masters pose exactly.

AmberVael
2006-09-13, 05:18 PM
The Master is not pleased by the nimblewright's actions. He draws his legs up underneath him and sits. On the air.
Then... that must mean...
His mind races furiously.
They must be destroyed, down to every scrap, every evidence that they ever existed. You shouldn't have found and made them.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 05:20 PM
Why?
((I have to go. NPC destro for me, just don't blow up my house.))

AmberVael
2006-09-13, 05:23 PM
((Gah. Um. Er. Okay))
When I say that you shouldn't have found them, I meant it literally. Somehow time was distorted, perhaps by you, or perhaps by someone else. This allowed you to find the secrets to creating these. The balance of time has been tipped, and must be restored. You can restore it by removing these and any hints to their creation. Never speak of it again, and time will not change enough to matter greatly. I can restore it to its proper paths, if you help me. If you do not... we can do this the unpleasant way.
It will be your choice. I bid you good day.
He vanishes.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-13, 05:25 PM
((I suddenly have the urge to have Mechanus make an army of Nimblewrights...))

Flabbicus
2006-09-13, 05:28 PM
(( I was one. But didn't know they could impersonate people. D'oh. ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-13, 10:04 PM
((It's what they're built for.))
Destro suddenly realizes he's been standing here the whole time. He leaves the room. and exits the house.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 12:51 AM
Destro pops into existence. He moves to the workshop, followed by his two nimblewrights. The nimblewrights resume thier card game and Destro thinks for a second. He motions with one hand and a portal appears. He and the nimblewrights walk through it. Some time later Destro walks back out, sans nimblewrights. He is holding the box he had earlier in Trog's. The portal closes and Destro smiles to himself. he pokes the box with a wand and it opens. Destro begins pulling things out of his pockets. He comes up with several more vials, most of which he empties into the box. He puts the last one in a pouch on his belt and sits staring at the box for a while. He waves one hand and the box vanishes. Destro sighs and walks down the hall towards his study. He enters it, and sits at the desk. He takes a nearly empty bottle of fireamber off the shelf and pours the last of it into a glass, along with the contents of the last vial. He stares at it for a while, then smiles. Mortal Warper am I? We'll see about THAT. He checks a few things in the study and sits back at the desk. The glass is smoking oddly. Destro smiles again, then downs it in one gulp. He shudders, and slumps over in his chair. The candle on his desk slowly burns out, and then the house is dark.
((Goodnight.))
((And for anyone who is wondering, I did not kill my character off.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 11:49 AM
Destro stirs. He sits up and blinks. He looks around. Memories of the previous night come flooding back. It worked? Destro looks down at himself. IT WORKED! He jumps out the window and lands forty feet down. He straightens to his full height and runs off down the street.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-15, 12:18 AM
Destro climbs up his rope and enters the house. He walks down the hall and up to his room, where he lies on the bed and rests. He waves a hand at the door and it seals and locks itself. Destro continues to lie there till morning.
((Undead don't sleep))
((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-16, 03:00 AM
Destro walks up to his house, singing. He climbs his rope and heads off to his room. He sits there drinking level up liquor for a very long time.
((goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-17, 02:16 AM
Destro flies up to his house and goes inside. He checks to make sure everything is still there, then goes upstairs, a bottle of level up liquor in hand.
((Goodnight))

Blood
2006-09-17, 05:42 PM
((Aww. Will Destro be sad when he finds that note Dragon left him?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-17, 05:45 PM
((Probably.))

Blood
2006-09-17, 05:47 PM
The note says, in scrawly writing, Thank you.
((There it is, in case you were looking for it.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-17, 11:22 PM
Destro pops into existence on top of his house. The last few hours had been productive indeed. He now knew what he had to do. He walks down the stairs into the inside of the house and digs around in his study for a while, finally pulling out a small brown leather pouch. He walks into the hall, noticeing the piece of paper that had fallen to the ground. He picks it up and looks at it. Sighing, he puts it into his pocket and continues with his work. He climbs down out of the house and proceeds to erect a small stone building on the ground directly under his house. Into this he takes a desk and a chair. returning outside Destro floats into the air. He takes out the leather pouch and opens it. Inside are several glowing blue triangles. Destro attaches one to each of the houses eight corners, before landing on the roof. He raises his arms and begins chanting. A blue glow creeps from the triangles and spreads along the walls of the house. Destro points at each corner in turn. He says a few words in an ancient language and floats a few inches off the roof of the house. The air around him crackles with arcane energy and blue beams of light reach frm the triangles to his hands. The entire house is enveloped now. Destro says a few more words and the glow becomes blinding. When it fades, Destro and the house are gone.

Blood
2006-09-17, 11:43 PM
(( :o

I wonder what Destro did with his house...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-17, 11:45 PM
((He's decided to move it somewhere else until the Masters have been dealt with. He's put it somewhere only he knows how to reach.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-20, 11:58 PM
A point of light appears in the air where Destro's house used to be. It grows, taking the shape of the house as it does so. There is a blinding flash and then nothing. Destro pops into existence above where the light was. He floata downwards and mumbles something as he goes. The house appears below him just before he reaches the roof. He continues to float downwards, landing next to the sign. He dismantles the hut and carries the desk back into his house, chuckling quietly to himself as he does so.

A dark figure watches Destro from the woods, the glint of steel in the moonlight all that gives it away. It mutters something and steals back into the woods, vanishing from sight.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-22, 11:35 PM
That would be great, thanks. Destro walks up to directly underneath the house. The rope uncoils itself and snakes up to the door, tieing itself to a knob just inside the house.

Kenyon
2006-09-22, 11:38 PM
Kenyon reshoulders his rifle, and grabs onto the rope, swiftly making his way up. Once at the top, he readies his rifle again, and reaches for the doorknob.

((I'm assuming it's unlocked?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-22, 11:42 PM
((Yeah, the rope unlocked it just before it tied itself. I'm not being sarcastic either. It actually does that.))

Kenyon
2006-09-22, 11:44 PM
((Works for me))

Kenyon pushes the door open, and quickly makes his way to a corner of the first room. He continues to look for any unusual activity.

"Looks clear to me, Destro."

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-22, 11:45 PM
Good, good. Destro climbs up the rope and stands next to Kenyon in the entrance hall.
((I really need to map this place...))
The dark figure climbs a tree near to Destro's house. It reaches a good sixty feet in the air before launching itself towards the house, landing soundlessly on the roof.

Kenyon
2006-09-22, 11:47 PM
Kenyon lowers his rifle, and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Welp, here we are, safe 'n sound. What now?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-22, 11:52 PM
I need to find my amulet. You probably shouldn't touch anything that looks dangerous, because it most likely is. Destro stands next to the door to his study and opens it, half expecting daggers or something to fly out. They don't though, and Destro looks inside the room. It's slightly more dusty than he left it, but otherwise unchanged. The dark figure outside hooks a rope to the platform on the roof and climbs down the wall, checking all the windows on each side.

Kenyon
2006-09-22, 11:56 PM
"Don't have to tell me twice."

Kenyon makes his way into the study, rifle still down, but still on the lookout for any odd traps.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-22, 11:58 PM
Feel free to have a look around. I've got some stuff in here you might find interesting. Destro starts searching through the various magical objects on his shelves. Kenyon won't find any traps in the study.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:00 AM
Kenyon relaxes a bit, and reshoulders his rifle, in hopes of not accidentally knocking over any of the magical items.

"My, this certainly is a hefty stash. Hope I get one like it someday."

"So, you have any inkling of an idea why these fellas are tryin' to jam knives in your back?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:06 AM
Not sure exactly, but if it's the same Nine I think it is it might be bacause they think I'm a threat to them. Happens to most with positions of power. Destro finishes checking his shelves. He moves to the desk and rummages through the drawers. The figure looks in the study window, sees them both and qickly withdraws it's head. It climbs across the wall to the summoning room and opens the window, climbing inside.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:11 AM
"Hmm, almost flatterin', if it weren't for the fact that they were tryin' to kill you." Kenyon said, fascinated with a random magical doo-dad.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:15 AM
Yeah. Problem is that they're a lot more powerful than me, even individually. Destro shakes his head and pulls an amulet from the drawer. Hmmmm. Nope, wrong one. He tosses the amulet towards the shelves, where it knocks a couple of scrolls off the "summon trout" shelf. The figure inches open the summoning room door and slips across the hallway, flattening itself against the wall and trying to reach the study without being noticed.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:20 AM
"That's one thing that's always bugged me," Kenyon said, as he approached another object near the study's doorway. "If these people are so powerful and whatnot, and find someone to be a threat, why do they always send some putz to do the job for them?"

Kenyon swears he sees something moving in the corner of his eye, and looks out the doorway, not seeing any movement.

"Well, that was odd..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:26 AM
Probably have more important things to take care of, plus they would know that as a wizard I can hold my own but if someone gets close with a sword... Of course, that's if they've been watching me for any length of time. I wonder what I did to make them pay me enough attention to want me dead though. Destro takes an another amulet out of one of the drawers. Here it is! I knew I had one of these around here somewhere. The figure stands just outside the study, blocked from view by the door.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:28 AM
Kenyon turns back from the doorway to face Destro.

"You found that magic-blockin' amulet? Well, that's a good stroke of luck!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:31 AM
That it is. Destro hangs the amulet around his neck. Now at least I'll know if they're watching, or trying to. He grins. Well, I don't know how to thank you for coming with me, even if it was clear anyways.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:34 AM
Kenyon smiles, and waves it off. "Don't worry about it, Destro. Always glad to help. Though, if the offer's open, I certainly wouldn't turn down a drink back at Trog's..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:35 AM
Allright, a drink it is. The figure outside the door tenses, drawing it's sword silently.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:38 AM
"Alright! I've been meanin' to try that Dragon's Liver Buster I keep seein' everyone drinkin' there. Hear it's got quite a kick..." Kenyon makes his way out the doorway.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:40 AM
It has. I got really drunk of those one night... The figure lunges at Kenyon, its sword carving a path through the air.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:44 AM
Kenyon's eyes widen, as he sees the attack. With amazing speed, he grabs the stock of his rifle with one hand, pulling it in front of him in a defensive position, in order to deflect the blade with the barrel of Soulstriker.

With his free hand, he reaches for his emergency shortsword, and takes a swipe at the assassin.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:49 AM
The assassin's sword glances off Kenyon's gun. it takes his slash across the chest and jumps back, landing catlike on the floor. It crouches in a defensive position and draws a dagger with its other hand.
Shock. Destro takes a wand from one pocket. Sorry I can't be more useful, I really should remember to prepare spells.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:54 AM
Dropping his shortsword, Kenyon took his rifle in both hands, and aimed it at the assassin. He didn't want to kill if he didn't have to , but in the back of his mind, he hoped the standard shot he loaded in his rifle would be enough to take the man down.

"Who in the hells are you? What do you want with Destro?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 12:56 AM
The assassin smiles. I? I am one who walks unseen. Destro is a threat to my master and must be eliminated. Stand aside, unless you wish to die too. Destro maves to get a better shot with his wand, though he doesn't fire yet.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:00 AM
Kenyon shakes his head. "Not happenin', fella. Destro here promised me a drink, and I ain't lettin' him welch out on that by bein' dead."

"Now, I'd rather we end this without any more bloodshed, so you go tell your boss to leave us alone, or else you'll all be lookin' at the business end of Soulstriker, here."

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:01 AM
Yarram enters the building.
Excuse me but do you have any idea what this is? He pulls a small indesctructable orb out of hs pocket. ((Xillium or whoever invented it))
He sees there is a fight going on so he wordlessly steps behind the person who is suspiciously wearing black and attempts to grapple him. (about +58)

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:03 AM
"Hey, fella, y'mind waitin' 'til later?" Kenyon snarled at Yarram, not taking his eyes off the assassin. "We're a bit busy here!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:04 AM
Destro turns to Yarram. One moment, We're kind of in the middle of something. The assassin stops smiling. I see that you wish to do it the hard way. Very well. It lunges again, slashing downwards with the sword, dagger held for an uppercut.
((v: He'd have to go around the fight first to do that. The assassin didn't come in through the trapdoor.))

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:04 AM
Yarram attempts to Grapple the assasin. (see above)
oh I forgot to say, improved grapple feat.
Then he moves around the room to grapple him^^

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:07 AM
Kenyon pulls the trigger as soon as the assassin lunges, aiming right between the eyes. As soon as he fires, he resumes his defensive stance, attempting to block the dagger, but leaving himself open for the sword.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:12 AM
((Ok, that works.))
The assassin's eyes widen in shock at the bang and he falls forward, attempting to get past Kenyon. Yarram manages to catch his arm though and he sprawls on the floor, blood seeping from the bullet wound on the side of his head.
((It would be hard to miss completely that close up, though a rifle isn't the best short range weapon. I'm going to say he managed to miss the worst of it, though it did graze his cheek))

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:13 AM
Yarram sits on him as he attempts to pin the would-be assasin to the ground, his superiour size coming into play.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:18 AM
((Understandable. If anything, it was just to get the round out so he'd be more comfortable using it in melee. Last thing you want is to swing something like this around, and have it misfire at an ally, or worse, at you.))

Seeing the assassin (hopefully) pinned, Kenyon quickly loads another round, and points it at the assassin's head.

"Best not move, fella. I'm not gonna miss again..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:21 AM
The assassin struggles, pinned under Yarram, but stops when he sees the rifle pointed at his head. Destro steps up next to Kenyon and stares at the man on the floor. So, what should we do with him?

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:24 AM
"Well, I can't say I'm not tempted to leave one between his eyes here, but that's just gonna bring more like him here. However, we let 'im go, it'll probably end the same, 'cept they'll probably be going for the bull-guy and me here as well. Any other ideas?"

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:25 AM
Arrest him? Yarram suggests as he puts pressure on the assasin attempting to push him into unconsciousness. (subdual damage)

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:27 AM
Kenyon looks up at Yarram, perturbed. "Do I look like I own a jail to you?"

((Forgive him, he doesn't know there's a police force here. He just found out hours ago there was a government.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:29 AM
The assassin tries to struggle a bit, but keeps his eyes on the rifle. He blacks out rather quickly after that. Destro thinks for a while. That's also an option, though I've never been much for law myself. It's probably the best option we have right now, though I'm not sure what capabilities he has.

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:29 AM
What? No, but there is a police force here that would happily arrest any criminal.
But there are... other ways of disposing of Assasins...
Yarram picks up the unconscious assasin and mimes cutting its throat.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:35 AM
"He apparently has the capability to pass out, for one." Kenyon jokes.

He looks back up at Yarram with another frustrated look. "Fella, if I wanted him dead, I'dve done him in myself. For right now, the police seem like the best option for us. Maybe we can find out what Destro's done that's caused these guys to get such a beef with him."

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:36 AM
Or... Destro goes back into his study and emerges after a short time with a small box. He is grinning widely. What say we just set him adrift?

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:37 AM
Just an idea, just an idea. Yarram says hurridly. I couldn't kill him anyway. I've got one of those police trackers on me for a crime I didn't commit.
What do you mean Destro?
Theres a pge bug thats been really annoying me.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:39 AM
Kenyon turns to look at Destro and his box.

"You've got some kinda scheme, I take it?" he asks, gesturing to the box.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:41 AM
Destro continues grinning. That I do. First though we should make sure he doesn't have any sort of magical trackers like Yarram here says he has.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:42 AM
Kenyon nods, and pats the assassin down to find anything physical on his person.

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:44 AM
On an offside note there is always the imprisonment spell...

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:47 AM
The assassin has a bunch of spare daggers, a small mirror and and odd rectangular box. He also had a scabbard for his sword and some suspicious looking vials, tightly corked. Imprisonment is an Abjuration. I can't use those.

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:50 AM
Can I have the mirror THe minatour asks. Is that what I think it is? Is that a phylacy?! He points at the box.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:53 AM
Kenyon picks up the vials, and gives one of them a little shake.

"What do you think these are? Poison?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:54 AM
Sure. He won't need it. Destro picks up the box and stares at it. Don't think so. The box has a hole in one side and an identical hole on the opposite side. Destro looks through one of the holes. Nope, it's just one of those things used for looking around corners. He nods to Kenyon. Probably.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 01:57 AM
Kenyon pockets the vials for future investigation.

"Well, if that's the case, he looks clean to me."

Yarram
2006-09-23, 01:58 AM
((what is the mirror? Magical?))
Great! Yarram admires his swanky features.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 01:59 AM
((Yeah, it's a communication device. Works sort of like a cell phone, except with video as well. This is a sending unit only though, so unless you figure out how to work it it will only be a mirror.))
Good. Hey Yarram, you think you could carry this guy down to the docks?

Yarram
2006-09-23, 02:12 AM
Sure thing. Could you look at that orb as we go? He motions to the black indestructible orb lying on the floor.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 02:13 AM
Sure. Destro picks up the orb and climbs down the rope, exiting the house.

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 02:18 AM
Kenyon follows closely behind, picking up his shortsword as he goes.

Yarram
2006-09-23, 02:20 AM
Yarram, with the assasin still over his shoulders follows them.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 02:54 AM
Destro walks down the hall towards the stairs. He climbs up to his room and takes out a spellbook. He sets it on the bedside table and sits on the bed. He closes his eyes and becomes motionless, waiting for morning to arrive.
((goodnight.))

Xerillum
2006-09-23, 10:46 AM
Paluvim walks in with a crumbling sheet of parchment. Hello, I need this document copied, and- hey, what are those? he looks at the two orbs lying around. the orbs start vibrating, and arc electricity back and forth. Hey, do you know what the heck these are? They look...very magical...you mind if I take them?

Kenyon
2006-09-23, 12:31 PM
((I'm not 100% on this, but I think Yarram's still got the orbs.))

Xerillum
2006-09-23, 12:45 PM
((no, I think Destro's got em.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-23, 03:35 PM
((Nope. Yarram has them.))

Xerillum
2006-09-23, 05:29 PM
((oh. I was wrong, then, wasn't I?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-24, 03:17 AM
Destro pops into existence. He heads upstairs, thinking about the day. He sits in his room thinking until morning.
((goodnight.))

Yarram
2006-09-24, 04:03 AM
((yes, and I hid them. MWAHAHAHAAHA!
I plan to sell them on Ebay for vast amounts of money.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-28, 01:47 AM
Destro pops into existence grinning and holding a glass of wine. He finishes the glass and sets it down on his desk, then sits down and takes a book from one of the shelves. He starts reading the book and leans back in his chair. After a while he puts the book down and heads upstairs, still grinning.
((Goodnight.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 06:21 PM
Destro pops into existence with a large amount of random coins and presumably magic items. It's Blood's stuff, don't ask me how much or what is in it.

Blood
2006-10-03, 06:22 PM
Blood appears with Destro, and looks at him. Okay then. Where to put it all?

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 06:26 PM
Destro looks down the hall. Not the workshop, there's too much junk in there. Same for the study. The second floor has my room and that's it... That leaves the guest room, the summoning room, or any of the other rooms that I haven't decided the function of yet.
((There's three of those))

Blood
2006-10-03, 06:27 PM
An empty unused room sounds good.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 06:30 PM
The summoning room is mostly unused. It's also mostly empty. Or I could just have a look in one of the others.. Destro walks down the hall and opens a door. Inside is a living room, with a fireplace, a couch and a few bookcases. There isn't much else in there.

Blood
2006-10-03, 06:32 PM
Blood pokes her head in the door from under Destro's feet. Looks good. Just keep the door partially open so I can push it to get in.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 06:35 PM
Ok. Destro produces a wedge of wood and sticks it between the door and the doorframe. Can you get up here yourself? If not I should probably make a teleportation circle for you. I've been meaning to do that anyways. I'm getting tired of climbing a rope every time I have guests.

Blood
2006-10-03, 06:37 PM
Blood thinks for a minute. Climbing up a rope, no. Teleportation circle? How would that work?

((I have to go in a bit.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 06:39 PM
((Ok.))
It's like a permanent stationary teleport spell that affects anyone who walks into it.

Blood
2006-10-03, 06:43 PM
And apparently you don't care if anyone walks into it and steals all our stuff. She rolls her eyes.

I won't need to get to my stuff that often. She looks thoughtful. I could just tag along on a teleport you're casting to get home, so I can grab my stuff.

((Really have to go now. Sorry.))

She yawns. I think I'm gonna sleep here tonight... She plops down in a corner.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 06:49 PM
I can take care of that. Destro grins rather madly and chuckles to himself. Noticing that Blood has gone to sleep he heads into his study. He comes out a few moments later with a small box. He opens the front trapdoor and jumps through it. He lands on the ground and digs a hole with a small shovel. He drops the box into the hole and heads off to Trog's, still grinning.

Blood
2006-10-03, 10:24 PM
((Oh no...what did Destro do??))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-03, 10:26 PM
((He created a two way teleportation field between his house and the ground. However, that's if he knows you and has given you specific permission to enter his house. If he doesn't or hasn't you end up in the middle of the desert.))

Blood
2006-10-03, 10:28 PM
((I actually got this "saying" from you, though I have seen the movie.

[bill and ted]Excellent.[/bill and ted] ;D))

Blood gets up and looks around. Seeing the trapdoor left open, she jumps through and walks into the Streets.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-04, 01:57 AM
((Air guitar!))
Destro pops into existence on his roof. He flips his coin and it flashes in the moonlight. He fires a lightning bolt at a random rock, produces a trout out of nowhere and heads off to his study. He eats the trout and sits in his study thinking until morning.
((Goodnight))

Blood
2006-10-04, 09:23 PM
Blood walks into the vicinity of Destro's floating house. She notices the teleporter, and studies it carefully. She smiles at it admiringly, and teleports into the inside of the house using it. She walks into her room, and decides to get to cleaning.

The cat puts all the coins onto the bookshelf, taking off any books and storing them in the fireplace. She puts her few possessions on the couch, leaving a small spot for her to nap if she wishes. Smiling at her handywork, she leaves the room.

Blood grins again at Destro's work. Nice spell, that is. She disappears and reappears outside. She walks away, for once in a good mood.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-05, 10:21 PM
Destro pops into existence in his study. He takes down a few books from one of the shelves and reads through them. Not finding what he wanted he continues his search.

Blood
2006-10-08, 08:13 PM
((I'm assuming Destro ported here, if he didn't I will delete this later.))

Blood appears, having tagged along with Destro's port. She yawns widely, checks on her stuff, and jumps up on the couch to sleep.

Thriss
2006-10-08, 08:29 PM
((He did.))

Blood
2006-10-08, 09:04 PM
((He did.))
((That other post was from a few days ago. I was referring to a more recent port, from the tavern. He logged off after porting and didn't say where he was going.))

Thriss
2006-10-08, 09:13 PM
((So was I. This is my second account. Don't tell anyone though. ;D))

Blood
2006-10-08, 09:21 PM
((So was I. This is my second account. Don't tell anyone though. ;D))
((Your secret is safe with me. Or would be, anyway, if you hadn't just put it in a public thread. ;)

What is your second one for anyway?))

Thriss
2006-10-08, 09:49 PM
((Another Town character, plus I'm going to be using it for my storyline.))

Blood
2006-10-10, 07:37 AM
Blood wakes up and looks around. Off to Trog's again, maybe? She jumps down and runs out, using the two-way teleporter.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-11, 12:43 AM
Destro walks up to his house. He steps on the teleporter and appears inside the main hall. He takes a book from his study and heads upstairs. After about an hour of reading he puts the book down and closes his eyes. if undead could sleep he would be sleeping.
((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-12, 01:25 AM
Destro pops into existence. He walks up to the roof, where a chair sprouts out of the floor for him. He sits on it and surveys his surroundings. Not like home. But I like it here. He leans back in the chair and stays there for a long time.

Lucky
2006-10-15, 02:33 AM
Traven walks up to the house with a piece of parchment in his hand. he drops it into the mailbox along with a note saying: 10 copies.

It's an ad for "Black Dragons' Den," with a picture of a black dragon and a quick run down of the menu. On the botton it says: "New management! Now under the ownership of Traven Darseth and Dalerion Valner."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-15, 05:23 PM
Destro comes down out of his house. He sees the mailbox has something in it and takes it out. He nods, then goes back inside to make the copies. After a while he comes back out and walks off to deliver the copies.

Lucky
2006-10-15, 05:46 PM
Traven walks up too Destro's mailbox and places the payment for the copies within it, he quickly departs with the copies in hand.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-15, 05:48 PM
Hrafn looks out of an upstairs window. He sees Traven walk off and flutters down to peek in the mailbox. He takes the money in his beak and flies back inside, dropping it on Destro's desk.
[hr]
A blinding flash of light shines from every window in the house. It subsides, and the house is dark once again. a loud thunk is heard from inside the house. Hrafn flies out of a window, heading towards Trog's. After a short while he flies back inside.

((Basicly Destro just died. Being a lich he'll be back in a couple days. Probably late tuesday. Anything you may need will have to wait till then. Hrafn will be here to inform anyone who comes knocking that Destro is unavailable at the moment, and could they please come back later.))

Antagonist
2006-10-16, 08:17 AM
Helwick rides up on a hired horse, seeing the strange entry method he gets off the horse and climbs the ladder.

"Sorry, the boss is away on business" Hrafn says into Helwick's ear

Helwick almost falls off the ladder
AAaahhhhhhh

"Good reflexes" Hrafn comments as Helwick catches a rung

How long will Mr Yersul be away on business?

"Day, possibly two. If you want to leave an order in the mailbox you can"

The mailbox, right. You want to be a bit careful bird, there'll be a heap of dead customers at the bottom of this ladder if you keep surprising people

"My name" Hrafn says, flying away "Is 'Hrafn' not, Bird"

Helwick rolls his eyes and puts an envelope in the mail box ((PM'd you the contents Destro)). When he gets back to his horse he has to wipe some bird droppings off the saddle.

He looks around for Hrafn, a Magic Missile spell on his lips, but the bird is nowhere to be seen. With an annoyed sigh he turns the horse and goes back to town.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-18, 01:42 AM
The house, silent for two days, shows signs of life again. Destro pops into existence just under the house. Being dead sucks. He walks over to the mailbox and takes the order out. He reads it. Hmmm, not just more flyers. This could be interesting. He takes it and goes back inside. Hrafn flies out of a window with a paper in his beak. He flies towards the Slanty Shanty.

Antagonist
2006-10-18, 05:16 AM
Helwick, again on a hired horse approached Destro's building.

He dismounts and looks around for flying things. Nothing is visible

Not need to risk his life on the ladder this time he goes straight over to the mailbox and notice a bellpull rope that he missed on his first visit.

Now I feel stupid, too many wizard levels, not enough ranks in spot he mutters, opening the mailbox and putting the coin pouch inside
((PM of contents, nothing interesting though))

He looks at the mailboxe before shutting it
Can I trust this guy? he asks no one, then laughs What are they going to do if he double crosses me?

He imagines a courtroom, as he rides off
Helwick Gammodan you are charged with bringing love and happiness into the lives of the Town citizens, as punishment for this heinous crime you are given a medal and keys to the city.

Laughter floats back to Destro's place

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-18, 10:01 PM
Hrafn flaps out and perches on a windowsill. He notices the mailbox has the flag up again and flies down to it. He opens it, removes two pouches, and flies back inside. Destro is hard at work making Helwick's "perfectly legitimate business cards"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 02:42 AM
Destro reappears inside is house. He puts a few things back on the shelves an goes upstairs, where he sits in a chair thinking and bracing for the board move.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 10:49 PM
A portal opens inside the entrance hall. Destro steps through it and waits for Fenix to follow.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 10:50 PM
Fenix steps through and looks around.
Fairly nice place you have here.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 10:55 PM
Destro closes the portal once Fenix is through. Thank you. I like it, and it has enough space for anything I might need. Now then.. Destro opens one of the doors leading off the hall. This is my study. We can talk here, or in the living room. Which would you prefer? The study is full of various magical objects. Scrolls, books and oddments line the walls. There is a large desk right in the middle of it all.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:02 PM
Living room, I think. A study seems too formal.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:06 PM
Allright. Destro walks down the hall and opens another door. This one leads to the living room. There are several rugs on the floor, a fireplace with a spiked chain hanging over the mantle and a pair of armchairs. There is also a bookcase against the far wall. If you want something to drink I have a few bottles of fireamber stored somewhere around here.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:10 PM
I think the bottle I already had will tide me over, but thank you.
Fenix simply lies down on his side near the fire place, propping his head up with a hand.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:13 PM
That works too. Destro sits in one of the armchairs. He snaps his fingers and a small fire springs to life in the fireplace. Now, as I was saying, there are some things you just can't discuss in Trog's due to the possibility of being overheard. There is more about the Nine that I can tell you now. We cannot be overheard here.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:15 PM
Rather handy. A spell built into the house, I take it?
He looks around curiously.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:17 PM
Yes. One of many. I wouldn't look out the window if you're afraid of heights. Destro smiles.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:22 PM
Fenix raises an eyebrow, gets up, and looks out the window.
That is a fair height.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:25 PM
It's most impressive from outside. You should have seen Taklinn when he first realized that it floated. But I digress. What would you like to know?

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:29 PM
Who are the nine, and why do they hunt you? I realize that you may not hold all the answers, but if I am to help you I need to know something.
He paces in front of the fireplace.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:38 PM
The Nine are wizards. From what little information I could gather I have determined that they rule over a city far from here. The city is near to where I come from, and I suspect they have been watching me for some time. They are almost never seen in public. That is all I know of them. As for why they hunt me I think there could be one of four reasons. One: I have a significant amount of magical ability, and they most likely percieve this as a threat. Two: I have created a Demiplane. This may be the cause of their increased attention to me. The Third is this. Destro removes a small crystal cube from one of his pockets and sets it on a small table next to his armchair. Strands of silver and black dance within the cube, ever twisting into more and more complex patterns.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:39 PM
Fenix moves to the cube and stares at it, fascinated.
I don't think I've ever seen the like of it.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:44 PM
It is not likely that you have. That is one of two. An identical pair, created by me. I have told no-one how to make them, and as far as I know no-one before me has created one. It was a particularily difficult process.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:45 PM
What are they?
Fenix resists the temptation to touch it.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:48 PM
Memories. They can't be read, except by absorbing them back. The other cube has not been used. This one is mine. It has a near infinite capacity. Destro stares down at the cube.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:51 PM
I see. How interesting...
Fenix stares at it, and then suddenly something prods at his memory.
There was a fourth reason, was there not?

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:54 PM
There was. But I shall not speak of that one. Just know that it exists, and that they likely know as well. Destro smiles. We all have our secrets, don't we?

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 11:56 PM
I suppose so. Yes.
Fenix breaks off and places a hand on his head.
Perhaps... perhaps we should be getting back.
His red eyes seem to dim a little.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-28, 11:59 PM
Perhaps we should. Destro pockets the cube and stands up. Let's go. He teleports to Trog's. Fenix can tag along if he so wishes.

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 12:00 AM
Fenix yields to the tug of the magic and is teleported with Destro to Trog's. His eyes seem to be rapidly dimming and graying.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 02:59 AM
Destro appears in his study. Hrafn jumps off his perch above the door and flies down to land on the desk. Destro sits behind it, looking at the works of his life strewn around the room. Hello old friend. Hrafn croaks something in the speech of birds and perches on Destro's shoulder. Destro smiles. I have a lot to think about right now. Perhaps you would care to join me? He continues to stare at all his accomplishments, heaped about the dusty study as they are. What does it really matter my friend? I will endure long past the natural span of my years, but those I know may not. He laughs mirthlessly. It's true what they say, you know - You can't take it with you. He takes out his coin and flips it, watching as it spins and falls, landing with the pit fiend facing up. Destro sighs. Dust in the wind. He leans back and closes his eyes. Not sleeping, but not completely wakeful either. Hrafn simply clicks his beak in agreement and flaps his wings, returning to his perch above the door. Goodnight Hrafn.

((And that's it for me. Goodnight everyone.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 04:13 PM
((I have a map of the house now! It's in the first post.))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-29, 07:14 PM
((Rats, wrong account))

Antagonist
2006-10-29, 07:15 PM
Helwick walks up to the house and check in the mail box. Seeing it's empty he looks at the ladder, remembering the talking bird, and begins to climb.

Reaching the top of the ladder, he takes a good grip on the rung and knocks on the trapdoor.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 07:18 PM
Hrafn flies out the study window and perches on Helwick's shoulder. Hello again.

Antagonist
2006-10-29, 07:47 PM
Helwick looks at the bird
"No luck this time" he tells it "I came to see if Mr Yersul had completed my order. It's getting a little urgent and although I understand work of this sort can't be rushed, I did wonder if it could perhaps be sped up a little"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 07:50 PM
Oh, that. Hrafn clicks his beak and makes a noise that sounds oddly like laughing. That's done. Forgot to put in the box did he? Just like him. I'll go get it. Hrafn flies back to the study and comes back shortly with an envelope in his beak. Hee' yoo ah.

Antagonist
2006-10-29, 07:56 PM
Helwick takes the envelope very carefully, not wanting to hurt the bird
"Thank you" he says, putting the envelope in a pocket "Your master has done the work of the light today"

He climbs down the ladder, carefully

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 07:58 PM
Hrafn simply clicks his beak. He flies back into the study and perches above the door.

Antagonist
2006-10-29, 08:08 PM
Helwick stops by his horse and opens the envelope.

Taking two cards out, he holds them up to the light and checks them over.

"Perfect" he says "Better than my old ones, tomorrow I can continue my calling"

The puts the cards away and rides off

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-03, 12:16 AM
Destro pops into existence inside his house. He refills his bag of money from the vault and then goes downstairs to his study. He takes a book down and begins reading it, but after a while he just puts it away and sits there, thinking about tommorrow.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 11:45 PM
Destro, in an amazing display of time delayed awesomeness, appears in his house. He takes out a small crystal cube and starts to sort and categorize the memories stored in it.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-08, 02:27 AM
Destro pops into existence in his house. He heads to the workshop and picks up a hammer, some nails and a few small blue and black objects. He calls all his constructs over and hammers one object into place on the chestplate of each. When he is done he steps back, smiles at his handiwork and heads off to his room to rest his mind for the coming day.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 01:32 AM
Destro pops into existence. I've got everything now. He walks down the hall to his workshop and places two barrels, a bag and three bottles of clear liquid on it. He pulls a mortar and pestle from one of the drawyers on the workbench and sets to work crushing the chunks of sulfur in the barrels into powder. Soon enough both barrels are empty, and a third, larger barrel is half full of sulphur dust. Into this barrel he empties the bag. Hundreds of small white crystals cascade out, covering the sulphur dust. Destro then dumps the contents of the bottles into the barrel as well, and stirs the whole mix with a large wooden paddle. The mixture in the barrel gradually turns black, and Destro transfers it to a metal tray, leaving it there to harden. He cleans his robes and hands of the caustic material and teleports himself to Trog's.
[hr]
Destro comes back from Trog's. The little black cakes have completely hardened by now, sped up by the temporal anomaly that occurred a short time ago. One by one Destro pops them out of the tray and grinds them into powder. He fills a number of small barrels with the powder and heads upstairs. He comes back down carrying a bag of holding, which he empties onto the floor of the workshop. Bones of all kinds spill out, spreading across the floor. Destro searches amongst them for skulls and finds several. He places a black onyx within the eye socket of each, and stands back. Calling forth necromantic energy he begins a chant over the bones of the fallen. The skulls rise off the floor, and complete skeletons begin to assemble themselves. When the process is finished the gems crumble and Destro smiles. He takes a few pieces of rope soaked in oil and threads one through a hole in the top of each barrel. He takes several nails out of another drawyer on the workbench and a hammer off it, as well as one board for each skeleton. He hands a barrel to each skeleton and instructs them to fit the barrels into thier ribcages. Once ther he hammers nails through a plank on the back of each, effectively mounting the barrel within the skeleton. He smiles at his handiwork and tells the skeletons to line up agains one wall and stay there until he returns. Then he leaves the workshop and goes upstairs to sit on his roof, gazing at the stars and contemplating his own genius.

Blood
2006-11-09, 11:02 AM
((What's this? Suicide bomber-skeletons? The triplets won't be happy if you try to blow up their lab again...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 02:07 PM
((What's this? Suicide bomber-skeletons? The triplets won't be happy if you try to blow up their lab again...))

((:biggrin: yes, but these are just one of many plans. And if Destro feels like blowing something up he's darn well going to try.))

Destro pops into existence in his workshop, and looks around at the devastation. Apparently one of the skeletons had been moving around, that magic that bound it to his will imperfect. It must have stepped on a stray firebead. Fortunately the others were unharmed, far enough from the explosion to remain undamaged. Allright, it seems as though not much was lost, and now at least I know that these things work. Come on, it's go time. Destro grins, and walks to the summoning room, followed by all the skeletons and several armoured figures. He mutters so0mething, and runes carved in the floor blaze into life. Destro steps through them and vanishes, followed by his small army.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 07:40 PM
Destro, along with the broken remains of a nimblewright, an iron golem, two runic guardians and a pile of scrap metal, appear in the workshop. That was useful. I should make more of those skeletons. He busys himself sorting all the metal into piles. And by sorting I mean randomly tossing.

Blood
2006-11-10, 07:42 PM
Dragon comes flying into Destro's house, grinning from ear to ear. I escaped!

Blood also appears inside, and walks into the room with her money, ignoring Destro and his visitor.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 07:44 PM
Destro looks up. Hello Dragon. Good to hear it. He walks out of the workshop and into the hall. ((I put a map in the first post. I'll post it here for reference.))
((Oh, and for the record Blood's money is in the storage room on the first floor.))

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/ArtemistheHunter/DestrosHouse.gif

Blood
2006-11-10, 07:47 PM
((You know, Destro is supposed to be CN, and he is a lich...but he really acts more like CG.))

Blood checks her stuff, and apparently satisfied, heads back outside.

Dragon smiles. They're moving to a new lab. We won't have to worry about them anymore. And I'm finally free! He floats around Destro's head like a very large gnat, buzzing away (through the mindlink) in his ear.
And you caught on that it was an illusion, and sorry about your minions that I killed, and... oh I'm so happy to be back!

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 07:53 PM
((He blew up someone's soul once cause they really pissed him off. He's CN mostly because of what he believes, not what he does. Plus the whole lich thing is just because he didn't want to die, and that was the easiest way for him to achieve immortality. He has somewhat shaky morals, to tell the truth.))

Destro grins. They were constructs Dragon, they can't technically die. I'll just re-build them. He brushes a few stray bits of metal of his robes. What'd I tell you eh? I told you I'd be back. He looks around. Have I given you a tour of this place?

Blood
2006-11-10, 07:55 PM
No, but if you don't mind I'm gonna go get a drink in Trog's and take a well-deserved nap. He grins and heads out, waving a claw in goodbye.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 08:00 PM
I'll go with you. I need a drink myself after that, and the souless can wait. Destro sticks his head into the workshop and informs his second nimblewright to finish "sorting" the metal. Then he pops out of existence.
[hr]
Destro appears again several hours later. The sounds of metal clanging against metal resound from the workshop. Clearly the nimblewright was having some fun with its sorting. He shakes his head and smiles, climbing the stairs behind the bookcase to his room. Once there he sits at a reading desk thinking, and trying to clear his mind. He eventually suceeds, and drops into a sleep-like state though, being dead, he can't actually sleep.

((And that's it for me. Goodnight everyone.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-12, 02:15 AM
Destro pops into existence in the workshop. He sets to work repairing the constructs he lost earlier, assisted by the ones that still remain functional.

((Goodnight.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 01:41 AM
Destro appears in his study. He drops his coin on the desk and looks around, taking in the deactivated magic devices, the old books, and the shelves of scrolls. I need some new decorations or something. He sighs and leaves the room, forgetting his coin on the desk.
((Goodnight.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 09:48 PM
Destro pops into existence iin the entrance hall, having taken the teleporter from below. He waits for Josiah to appear.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 09:53 PM
Josiah pops in. "Man, I haven't teleported in a while."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 09:55 PM
I'm used to it. It's my preferred method of travel. Now, would you like to look at what I've got in the study first, or should we try the vault? Either is fine by me, but the more interesting things are in the vault.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 09:56 PM
"The vault sounds like fun. I've seen more than my share of everyday magic stuff."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:00 PM
Alright, that's upstairs. Bah. Stairs. I'll just use a dimension door. This he does, ending up in the storage area immediately above the entrance hall. The door remains open so Josiah can follow.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 10:02 PM
He slips right in behind Destro. "So, what all do you have in here?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:07 PM
Not a lot in here. I couldn't open the door into the vault, protected as it is, so this is as close as I could get. This is just some spare storage. Destro shifts a pile of boxes to one side and opens the door to the vault that was behind them. This is an insanely complicated process involving multiple coded sequences and the speaking of a correct code phrase. The vault is covered in a thin layer of dust, having not been used for some time. The walls are lined with shelves and chests, both of which are filled with magical objects of all types. Several suits of armour sit on stands, and a small box labelled "Danger, cursed" sits on a shelf, holding an ornate sword. An orb of pure blackness floats just above a stone pedastal, and an amulet hangs from the wall next to it. Don't touch that, it wouldn't be pleasant. One of the shelves is covered with books, one of which looks particularily evil. Deep within the vault something laughs manically.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 10:14 PM
"Do you have something that can record sound on it, like music? I have two already but I found them and no one I have met so far can find them or make them."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:17 PM
I might, hang on a second. Destro heads into the vault, glancing at boxes as he passes them. He finds one made of a strange dark wood, and pulls that off the shelf. Blowing the dust of it he takes a closer look. No, not that. That's that cursed chess set. He puts the box back on the shelf and continues looking.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 10:23 PM
Josiah knows how it is when looking through collections of stuff, and politely waits for Destro to finish looking.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:29 PM
Here's another of those memory cubes I made... Destro opens another box and looks inside. That's just a bunch of candles... The something in the vault laughs again, and Destro glares in it's general direction but keeps looking. Don't mind Zchiz, he's a little crazy. He pulls a dust covered book off the bottom of one of the shelves and opens it. It immediately begins reading it's own table of contents in a monotone. Destro shuts it rapidly.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 10:33 PM
Josiah is fascinated, and laughs at the general chaos going on.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:39 PM
Hah, found one. Can't remember where I got it though. Destro pulls a small black shiny object off one of the middle shelves. He blows the dust off it and hands it to Josiah. It's got a row of buttons along the top, a thin opening along one side, and a couple dials next to the buttons.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-13, 10:47 PM
Josiah takes it gently and bgins to examine it critically. As he begins to decipher the workings his face becomes more and more excited. "This...this is great! Wow, the possibilities. I'm probably going to be playing with this thing for the next few days straight. Destro", he says holding out his hand, "It has been a pleasure doing business with you. Now, I hate to be rude, but I'm going to go play with my new toy. I'll have the portrait delivered first thing tomorrow."

OOC: Yawn. Meds are kicking my ass hard. I'm headed out for the night.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:49 PM
Okay, no problems. I don't think that thing even needs anything to run, but if it does you know where to find me.

((The thing is basicly a magic CD player that can both playback or make its own CD's. And when I say make, I mean it literally.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:50 PM
Landry pops into the shop with the portrait wrapped in oils paper and tied with silk twine. "I'm sorry for the delay, sir. Josiah told me to deliver it two days ago but I got caught up with things and forgot. He told me to tell you that if you ever need a favor to let him know." The poor boy seems a little frightened and definitely upset that he messed up the way he did.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 10:56 PM
Destro looks up from his desk and hastily shoves some papers into a drawyer. Ah, that's excellent. Thanks. Destro takes the portrait and sets it on a table until he gets a chance to hang it properly. I'll do that, of course, if I need help. Oh, and here. Destro tosses Landry a little metal box. Might help you remember things in the future.

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 10:59 PM
Landry, obviously relieved that he's not going to be chastised, looks at the box curiously. "What is it, sir?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 11:03 PM
You'll see. Destro smiles enigmatically and leans back in his chair.

((Whenever he forgets to do something the box will remind him in a very loud voice what it was he forgot to do. Potentially humorous, not at all dangerous, and completely random.))

The_Paradigm
2006-11-14, 11:05 PM
"Well, thank you, sir. I have to be going now." With that he walks to the teleport and disappears.

OOC: Good stuff. I'll have to remember that when I've got more downtime to play around in.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 11:16 PM
((Ok, sounds good to me.))
Destro smiles to himself, wondering how Landry will react the first time the box informs him of something he forgot. He takes the painting and heads into the living room to find a good spot to hang it. He eventually decides to put it next to the fireplace, though away from any heat, direct light, potentially damaging object, or other form of destructive power. After the painting is hung on to the wall he smiles to himself and pops out of existence, heading to Trog's. Upstairs in the vault Zchiz continues to laugh insanely.
[hr]
Destro reappears after a short while. That was an excercise in futility. He shrugs, grumbles about players working late, and settles down to go over some of his papers again.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:17 AM
Destro lands on the roof of the house and pulls open the door to the sairs. He walks down inside and into his room, leaving the door opened behind him. From there he goes into the main upstairs hallway and slides open the massive door to the storage room by the vault.
((There is now a map on the first page. I made it myself. I'm so proud:smallbiggrin:))

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:19 AM
Aesa drops down onto the stairs and walks down them, idly shutting the door behind her with a spell. She looks into the vault with interest.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:22 AM
This is just the minorly magical stuff. A storage room, if you will. All the really interesting things are kept in here. Destro walks into the storage room, threading his way past piles of boxes. He reaches the heavily locked and complicated vault door and proceeds to open that. I probably should have made this less difficult to get into. It's really annoying if I ever need to find something.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:23 AM
Aesa waits and gives a casual glance at all the lesser items.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:27 AM
Hah, got it. The vault door swings open. Inside is no longer dusty, though it is still quite dark. Insane laughing comes from deep within the vault, and the shelves lining the walls are piled with objects of power.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:30 AM
The laughter seems to catch Aesa's attention more than anything else. So who and what is making that noise? She idly flicks her wrist and makes a glowing rod appear in her hand.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:35 AM
I told you about Zchiz, right? That's him. Destro takes a box down off a shelf. Here's that cursed chess set. Anyways, where do you want to start? The laughter stops suddenly, then begins building again, just snickering at first.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:38 AM
Lets go see Zchic. With an odd smile, Aesa starts following the laughter, occasionally peering at an interesting item as she passes.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:45 AM
All right. Don't take anything he says seriously though. Destro follows her. At the far end of the vault is a waraxe chained to the wall. little flickering lights run along the haft, and seem to flow from a large blue gem set in the hilt. The axe itself is notched in many places, and a flaky crust of dark red material coats the blade. The laughing emanates from this axe, though it stops immediately when Aesa draws near. Come to see Zchiz? He gets very lonely, stuck here. The axe seems to struggle against the chains that bind it to the wall, laughing hysterically the whole time.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:48 AM
Aesa walks within the axe's range without fear, her yellow eyes keeping track of it. Hello Zchicz. She folds her black wings on her back and spins her glowing rod around her fingers.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:53 AM
Destro leans against a nearby wall, sure that Aesa can take care of herself. Zchiz stops straining against the chains. Hello, hello. Why here, hmm? Why'd you come? Only pain here. He stuck me here. the axe snickers, an eye-like design forming on the head.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 04:56 AM
I came out of my own interest. What did you do to get yourself chained?
Aesa directs the question to both Destro and the axe.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 04:59 AM
Destro stirs, and is about to speak when the axe answers. killed, killed, can't find me. Haha! For I am death incarnate. The axes eye shifts to look at Destro. He tried to kill me. Several times.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:02 AM
Death incarnate? That is fairly high claim for an axe chained to a wall to make. Aesa's voice is cool and mocking.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 05:07 AM
The eye shifts back to Aesa. Not very nice to Zchiz, are we? No, no-one likes him. Bweeee! The axe strains against the chains agin, though it has proven useless so far. Neverstopneverstopneverstop.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:11 AM
What can you understand of death? You are simply a tool used to bring it about. Aesa steps back out of his range, shakes her head and turns to Destro. So, what is this chess set?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 05:17 AM
Destro grins. I told you he was crazy. The axe can be heard mumbling to itself in the background. The same phrase, over and over. Neverstopneverstopneverstop... The chess set is one I picked up, can't remember where. It's very dangerous to start playing. He indicates the box, carved with images of a knight on a black horse doing battle with a white dragon.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:18 AM
And why is that? Aesa eyes the box with interest.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 05:23 AM
Because of the nature of the games curse. Destro opens a box and takes out one of the pieces, a small tower made of some white stone. The pieces are made of stone. And whenever a piece is taken stone takes some part of the player who lost it.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:24 AM
Aesa grins. So we would turn to stone if we played a game of it?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 05:29 AM
Destro shrugs. It depends how many pieces each of us lost. And the value of them. A pawn isn't so bad, and might cause the loss of a finger. Lose the queen? He grins. Say goodbye to your torso.

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:30 AM
Aesa's grin does not fade, and her eyes glint dangerously. Care to play a game?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 05:38 AM
Destro takes the board out of the box, and sets it on a barrel. Why not? It's never been used since I stuck it in here. He continues grinning. Maybe it WANTS to be played. The pieces are all made of stone, half black and half white. They are the same, except for the king and queen pieces. The black king is tall and armoured, with a sword on his belt. The white king is kneeling, his sword held in front of him. You know the rules, right?

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:40 AM
Of course. Aesa begins setting up the black pieces.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 05:45 AM
I suppose you'll be taking black then? Very well, I shall play white. Destro sets the white tower he was holding down on the board, as well as the queen, a white dragon. The row of crossbowmen pawns soon follows.
((Darn it, where is the stinking table code?))
((Hah, found it.))

{table="head"]A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
1|Ro|Kn|Bi|Qu|Ki|Bi|Kn|Ro
2|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa
3| | | | | | | |
4| | | | | | | |
5| | | | | | | |
6| | | | | | | |
7|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa|Pa
8|Ro|Kn|Bi|Qu|Ki|Bi|Kn|Ro[/table]

AmberVael
2006-11-18, 05:48 AM
((Darn it, where is my time to sleep? :P I will leave Aesa to play chess. G'night.))
Aesa seems unaffected by the curse as they play and she loses pieces.