PDA

View Full Version : Destro Yersul's Document Copying



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Calpurnia
2006-12-18, 01:16 PM
"Hi. Can, um, I go back?" she asks.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:18 PM
Vael blinks.
Oh, sorry. You want to go to Trog's, I assume?

Calpurnia
2006-12-18, 01:19 PM
She nods. "That, um, works."

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:20 PM
Vael holds out his hand.

Calpurnia
2006-12-18, 01:22 PM
Calpurnia takes it, noticing a pattern here.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:23 PM
Vael teleports them to Trog's.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-18, 01:30 PM
the kender looks around. it found alot of neat things in the attic, but it wanted a change of scenery

i'm going out for a drink, destro. i will come back... or find another ally! i think we might be able to take them with vael. i hope. and calpurnia! that'll be fun!!!

anyways, i am in need of coffee and rum! to trogs!

::teleport::

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-18, 07:23 PM
Destro continues to work on his metal shirt, upgrading and improving it until it is perfect.

Rebonack
2006-12-18, 08:36 PM
"That giant, floating castle wasn't there before, was it?"

No, it wasn't. I don't think I need to mention that it's magical.

"No... I figured that part out on my own," Regiji shields his eyes, gazing up at the monolith in the sky. "The giant gems seems unnecessarily gaudy."

*chime* I'm picking up a rather... sizable bio-etheric energy signal.

"That's not too surprising, this realm was classified as 7-."

I don't think you understand. This is huge, a single source at 2.

"What? That's impossible! That would be like... what? A small lightly inhabitant planet? Where is it?"

Try the giant glowing golden orb down the street.

"Huh. I guess that would make sense."

Regiji steps out onto The Street (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29268&page=30).

Blood
2006-12-19, 07:30 AM
((In Destro's house, if this thread is still being used for other purposes.))

Dragon wakes up and looks around for Destro. Not finding him, he sits in the study and waits a bit.

((Sorry Destro, it's my fault - I still haven't found time to get this over with at a time you're online.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 09:27 PM
The sign is indeed all that remains, complete with mailbox, gong, hammer and signpost. All that remains on THIS plane, at least...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 10:00 PM
And Destro hears it ring across space and time. I wonder who that is. He sends the nimblewright to check, not bothering to get it to disguise itself.

[hr]
A tall metal construct pops in next to SASO. Yes?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:01 PM
Vael appears in Destro's study, looking around warily.
Destro?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 10:05 PM
SASO is startled to see nimblewright.
What the...? Uh, hi. I'm here to see Destro.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 10:09 PM
Gah! Oh, hi Vael. What do you need?

[hr]
Alright. Well, I'll have to check... The nimblewright pushes a small shield design on its chest.

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:10 PM
Do you have a library?
He clarifies.
Do you have an extensive library?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 10:19 PM
How extensive is extensive? Something beeps, and Destro removes a small rectangular object from a pocket and flips its hinged top open. Hang on, I've got to take this. Yes? A pause. Really? Ok. Well, send him up. pause. Yes, I realize that phrase technically no longer works. A very long pause. Yeah, yeah, fine. Destro flips the rectangle thing closed and puts it back in his pocket.

[hr]
He says you can go in. The nimblewright dissappears, going back to the study. SASO can go along with the teleport if he so wishes.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 10:21 PM
SASO goes along.
Wizard? You around anywhere?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:23 PM
There is something I need to find... its on the edge of my memory, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. It has to do with the last words of Ayral.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 10:26 PM
This way. The nimblewright leads the way down the hall. And what were the last words of Ayral?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:27 PM
It wasn't anything very specific... he kept talking about past and future... and memory. Always memory.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 10:28 PM
Overhearing tiny fragments of what Vael said, SASO manages to find Destro.

Hey wizard, I got some bad news. I recently found that the Nine that are after you have teamed up with others...including my nemesis Magtok, and the guy with the half metal face from the Tavern...Masters, was it?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 10:32 PM
Allright. Can you remember what he said exactly? It would help. Then Destro hears SASO. More of them? Ah, <Insert long string of non PG-13 expletives here>

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:38 PM
Vael places his hand to his forehead, and then pulls it away, a crystal gleaming in his hand. He places it on the desk, and a small hologram type vision rises from it.
...
Ayral snarls, and Vael walks over to him and kicks him to the floor.
So this is what all your plans have come to? How pitiful.
This isn't over...
You're a memory.
Even memories... can live again.
Ayral gives a gasping, rattling laugh.
Even... a memory... past and future...
He coughs a little more blood up, then goes still.
Vael's eyes are narrow as he thinks and watches.
...

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 10:38 PM
To Destro:
I figured the only way that group could be beat is if we form an opposing group of heroes. I even became a cop, so that we'd have that god Iames at our side.
No I'm not going to arrest you. We'll pretend this conversation never happened.
He looks at Vael:
I'm not even going to pretend to understand what that was.

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:40 PM
Vael glances at SASO.
Iames would have helped us already. He is a good friend of mine.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 10:45 PM
Maybe, but we'll have the rest of the force as well. I also felt I needed a way to help out, with being jailed for vigilanteism.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 10:51 PM
Ok, that could work... But they're the Nine! How would we defeat them? Destro looks nervous and watches the replay. Memories? Live again? That sounds like some kind of psychic undead...

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:52 PM
Vael's eyes go wide and he lets out more curse words than Destro had.
By the hells...

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 10:55 PM
The Nine have been beaten before, right? They surely can be sent away again.
We just need enough people, a "good always triumphs over evil" plot, and a special magical weapon specially designed to save the Town from an apocalyptic threat.

Any person skilled at making things like that?

((The Omnishop. SASO really doesn't take his last comment seriously though.
He doesn't know of the Omnishop.))

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 10:57 PM
Vael shakes his head.
The Nine have never even been to Town before.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:01 PM
Oh. I assumed they had because they seem to know what they're doing very well.
So we have the home field advantage. That's something.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:02 PM
What? Destro is a little confused by Vael's sudden string of cursing. And No, they haven't been here. They never go after people themselves! Why me!?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:06 PM
Because there are psychic undead. Ones that are very similar to me, in fact.
Vael turns incorporeal.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:09 PM
Aw, great. So now we have to deal with him too? Destro would glance around nervously for evil psionic undead things, but he's in his demiplane and feels safe there. Mostly, anyways.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:14 PM
This town seems to be filled with superpowerful crazies.
How many can it possibly take to take down the Nine and co.?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:16 PM
Gods know...
Vael grips something in one of his hands.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:20 PM
SASO seem insistent on the matter, depite (or perhaps due to) the fact he knows the least about all the villains except for Magtok and ESARS V.2
We have gods in town, though...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:21 PM
It was tough for even GODS to kill just the Masters! And now there's him and the Nine!

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:23 PM
What if someone decieved them into fighting each other?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:23 PM
Vael clenches his hand tighter.
I think we might have a better chance this time...

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:25 PM
What is there now, that wasn't there then to give the town a better chance?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:27 PM
Destro shrugs and walks over to his workbench, trying to calm himself.

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:28 PM
Well... me. And this.
He opens his hand, and a small crystal lense sits in it, green energy swirling around it.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:29 PM
SASO patiently waits for Vael to explain the lense.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:34 PM
Destro picks something up off the workbench and turns around. What's that?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:35 PM
Its... its the divine essence of the god Dios. The god that the Masters are the avatars of.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:39 PM
Sounds impressive. How do we use it to prevent
the fall of the town?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:44 PM
How does it stop the Nine? Destro puts the shirt he picked up off the workbench on over his robe.

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:44 PM
I have been using it. My power has grown and been augmented.
Vael's grip tighten around it.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-19, 11:48 PM
If it has made you strong enough to take on Masters, that still leaves the Nine, Magtok, and whoever else they scavenged from the shadows of existence. We might need more than that.

((Sorry, got to go.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-19, 11:58 PM
We probably will. They're the most powerful wizards in my plane!

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 11:59 PM
Your plane?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:01 AM
Well, it's not mine. I meant the one I came from originally.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:02 AM
Ah. Somewhat different, that.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:03 AM
Yes, it is. Destro laughs nervously. They certainly aren't HERE, or I'd already be dead.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:06 AM
I doubt that.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:07 AM
Why? They'd kill me, and I'd be dead. Destro starts chuckling insanely. Dead, dead, not here anymore!

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:08 AM
Vael looks at Destro pointedly.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:13 AM
What? I'm already not dead, and they can't get me here. No, they can't. But he would find it, and then they'd destroy it, and then I'd die into the DUST! Destro continues laughing madly and, just to prove the dust point, a shower of fine dust falls from the ceiling.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:14 AM
Ok fine, you're UNdead.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:19 AM
Yes, undead. And if they find it and destroy it I can't exist anymore and I'll die and they'll win. It can't happen! I've got to stop them somehow! But I can't. They'll find it!

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:22 AM
Vael yawns and tries to outwait Destro's fit.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:24 AM
Auuuuugggghhh!!! Destro glances around and runs for the door. He misses, and ends up crashing into a wall and falling over. I'm ok! A chunk of metal falls off a shelf and hits his head. ow...

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:26 AM
Finished?
Vael amuses himself by using telekinesis to pick up the metal and drop it at him again.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:29 AM
Yes. I thi... *crunch* ow.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:34 AM
Good.
Vael shoots the metal to his hand, only to remember that he is incorporeal. He shrugs and tosses it around haphazardly.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-20, 12:37 AM
the kender appears again. it has a habit of doing that

its... quiet. i dunno what they are planning, but i cant tell whats going on in their towers. destro, they have a new ally. a nemesis of my OW!!! who threw that bit of metal?!?! um, my past.

just a regular ole order of evil they got runnin', isnt it? to bad we dont have the justice league to fight them

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:41 AM
Destro sits up. Hey CT. Yeah, we'll have to stop them somehow. He stands. And we won't fail. He doesn't seem to notice the fair-sized hole in his head from where the metal hit.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:45 AM
Vael snickers a little.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-20, 12:48 AM
the kender dabs its forhead, where it sees a little blood.

well, all that i can tell you about their new ally is that MindHunter is a soulknife, and good at his job. he almost got me the last time.

i think that our best bet is to gather the hero counterparts to all of the villians, and have a massive multi-comic, mulit-page and multi-series special that involves the same fight and plot from each hero's point of veiw.
what? no, i'm thinking about the X-men/Captain america/silver surfer/spiderman crosover. oops.

but honestly, who are the marshals out to get? whats their connection? we have the nine to you, the masters to vael, Mindhunter to me, and that cloacked dude to the blue guy (who we still need to get in contact with). who is the marshals coutnerpart, and how can we get him or her to join us?

((i do know ooc, but ic i dont know kenyon that well))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:51 AM
Ummm. I think it was... Well, They're from the same place as Kenyon... I've talked to the blue guy, but I don't know where Kenyon is. I'm sure he'd help if he knew. And I'm no match for the Nine by myself. Then Destro realizes Vael was snickering. What?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 12:53 AM
You probably should patch up that hole in your head.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-20, 12:55 AM
the kender notices, and starts to laugh as well

hold on, hold on... i got the perfect thing... somewhere in my puches.....

the kender pulls out some plastic flowers and places them in the hole.

arent you so pretty?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 12:58 AM
Wait? hole in my... Destro reaches up and pokes his face. Ah, shock. Then CT puts plastic flowers in the hole. Ummm. oook... The flowers turn into trout. Destro goes to find something to fix the hole with and returns shortly later with a greenish metal plate covering the hole. And an eyepatch.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-20, 01:02 AM
the kender grins and stretches.

i was thinkin of calling it a night. i talked to ireth, he might be doing me a few favours to turn the fight into something feasable. umm..... he is going to get the faces of our enemies on the wall of the bounty hunting agency. then he himself.... well, i cant ruin all of the fun, can i?

but wukie and hawkeye, and lykan if he feels like it will help because of that connection.

g'night, friends.

the kender hugs both and heads to its new cubby in the house.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:03 AM
Vael thinks about the hole in Destro's face.
I wonder...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:05 AM
Allright, Goodnight Kender. Destro waves as the Kender runs off and turns back to Vael. Well, I fixed the hole.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:06 AM
Somewhat. Plan on being a metal lich?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:09 AM
No, why? And what were you wondering just now?

((I'm planning on Destro having this plate for a while. I think it adds character))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:14 AM
((K then))
I was wondering if my powers of creation could remake it, but I don't think they will work on undead. I'd rather not risk it.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:17 AM
Oh. Ok. Destro finds the chunk of metal in a corner and puts it back on the shelf. So. Any ideas about how to take out the Masters? They seemed different when I saw them last, but if they've joined forces with the Nine...

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:18 AM
Vael shrugs.
Honestly, I would just prefer to avoid them. I need to figure out what happened with Ayral...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:23 AM
Good idea. We'll need more allies before we can even hope to defeat the Nine anyways...

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:25 AM
I still don't know where I would find Ayral... even if he has become a Spectral Savant. Past and future... memory... hmm...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:29 AM
Well, if he's an undead, he's probably not on the ethereal plane. I don't know really anything about psionics. There weren't any on the plane I came from.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:31 AM
I feel like I am forgetting something...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:34 AM
What sort of thing? Can you do that thing Earin does to remember things? I can't remember if he ever mentioned what it was, but he was able to remember a page of notes after scanning it for a couple seconds.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:35 AM
Why do you think this bothers me? I should be able to remember, but I can't.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:38 AM
Odd. Maybe something is preventing you from remembering. What're those things called... Destro thinks for a second. Mental block?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:40 AM
Perhaps... someone might have tampered with my memory... unlikely though.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:46 AM
Well, you can't rule anything out.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:48 AM
Quite true.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:52 AM
I ruled something out once. It did not end well. Destro busies himself shuffling bottles around on one of the shelves.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 01:54 AM
And what was that?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 01:57 AM
Weather. Obligatory filler text.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:00 AM
I can see how that would be a problem.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:04 AM
Yes. It did turn out to be a major problem

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:05 AM
What happened?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:08 AM
A large number of people died. Most of them were people I knew.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:11 AM
Vael winces.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:14 AM
I don't talk about it much... Destro trails off. In fact, I think I've talked about it more during my time here than for the past twenty one years.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:18 AM
Things like that tend to happen around here.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:20 AM
It's odd, isn't it? Maybe this town makes people more open to talking for some reason. Bet it's something in the water... The last bit is mumbled, and almost inaudible.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:22 AM
Maybe its that people just won't leave you alone.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:24 AM
Well, I didn't exactly come here to be alone. If I wanted to be alone I would darn well still be out wandering around in the middle of nowhere.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:26 AM
Vael smiles a little.
Very true.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:28 AM
And then I wouldn't be hiding here, and the Nine wouldn't be after me, and I'd be able to do whatever I wanted without getting arrested, and... Destro pauses. Wow. I just made myself depressed.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:32 AM
The Nine wouldn't be after you because they would have caught you already.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:36 AM
Actually, I'm convinced it was something I did since I came here that caused them to come after me in the first place. If they had wanted me dead before I wouldn't be here right now. Destro picks up a trout and throws it out the window. It spends the forty foot drop wondering where it came from and what the big thing rushing to meet it is. It manages to do this despite the fact that it is not and never has been alive.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:40 AM
Hmmm... have you thought of any more possibilities?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:42 AM
What sort of possibilities? A wet slap sounds outside, and a couple seconds later several chunks of trout float through the window from the outside. They hover behind Destro.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:47 AM
Of why they are after you?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:48 AM
Some. There weren't many though. Destro turns the floating chunks of trout into miniature trout, which swim around the room.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 02:50 AM
What are they?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 02:57 AM
There were three. The first was that they keep track of all the wizards that even visit my home plane, and kill any of the powerful ones. I threw that one out because there are still plenty of powerful wizards there. The second was that they had engineered my death from the beginning because of a personal grudge against me. This was feasible, but unlikely due to lack of incidents they could pin on me. The third, and last, was that my existence somehow prevented them from achieving their goals. But if that was true the would not have waited until I was strong enough to challenge them.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:01 AM
So they most likely have some sort of grudge against you?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:02 AM
That was the most likely one of the other ideas I had explored, yes.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:07 AM
How interesting...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:13 AM
What's interesting?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:18 AM
Just that you have upset them and you have no idea how.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:21 AM
Destro shrugs. Sometimes these things happen. I'd like to know why they're after me, but until I can get something more to go on it's not likely to happen.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:24 AM
Vael nods.
In the meantime we just need to find a way to deal with them.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:27 AM
Well, I've got the shirt, but that's all I've been doing. I haven't rested since I got out of jail, and it still isn't perfect. That'll help with stopping them from killing me, but there are still ways. Destro leans against his workbench. It's a good thing I can't feel tired.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:28 AM
Vael smiles a little.
I know what you mean.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:34 AM
Yes. You would, wouldn't you? Destro looks around. I can't hammer out all the problems with this shirt. This metal doesn't hold magic well. Too much magic would cancel itself out, and probably prevent this from even functioning. That's how I burnt a lot of these out. He waves in the general direction of the pile of rejects. And I'm still no closer to synthesizing this metal.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:37 AM
Hm... isn't there a way to imbue something and allow it to hold more magic?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:41 AM
There is. This resists it, just like it resists everything else. I've got no idea how that one mage made it hold enough magic to animate a construct. Destro pounds his fist on the workbench. Dammit. I can't know everything. But I will someday. What are days to me? Or years even? I've got until the multiverse ends to learn, and I intend to use it. But first the Nine must go.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:42 AM
Hmmmmm...
Vael's eyes go distant.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:48 AM
There's so much for me to know, Vael. And I.. Destro stops ranting when he notices the distant look. Uh, Vael?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:52 AM
Vael doesn't seem to hear him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 03:57 AM
Not again... Destro looks through his pockets for something. He fails to find it and, instead, amplifies sound within the room. the sound of dust falling fills the area. And Destro shouts, magic amplifying his voice.
VAEL!

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:01 AM
Gah!
Vael jumps to his feet and immediately five different protective wards activate, he becomes incorporeal, a wall of flaming ectoplasm springs up around him, and he sends a jet of electricity at Destro.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:03 AM
Sound sinks back to normal levels. The electricity hits the metal shirt Destro's still wearing and absorbs into it. What was that all about?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:06 AM
I guess I just slipped off into meditation... I haven't needed to meditate since I started wearing this...
He looks down at the lense in his hand.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:12 AM
Vael, something weird is going on. That's the second time in as many days that you've "just slipped off." Right in the middle of my rant, too. Destro grins. Maybe you just need some rest.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:14 AM
No no, the other time was just odd. This was definitely meditation.
He places the lense on his forehead.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:21 AM
Well, allright then. But don't go all loco on us. We need your help Vael. Destro walks to the window and stares out. I can't fight them alone, and neither can any of the others. CT, Ireth, Kenyon, SAS Omega... We can't do this by ourselves. He looks back, a single pinpoint of red light shining underneath his hood. But together we can. Thanks for standing with us.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:23 AM
You are standing by me as well. All I can do is return the favor.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:32 AM
All any of us can do is return the favour. Destro looks back out the window and seems to be saying something more, but it's almost too quiet to hear.
I am Destro Yersul. I have shaped the destinies of cities, of nations, of planes. I have created and destroyed. I have followed and led. I have known love and hate. I dance with death for a living, and I have cheated the reaper at least five times. I have no idea where to go from here, but once I do, there will be hell to pay.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:34 AM
Damn that sounds familiar...

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:39 AM
Destro doesn't hear him.

((I borrowed it from Schlock Mercenary))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:40 AM
Vael coughs a little.
Wasn't I looking for a library?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:43 AM
Destro turns around when Vael coughs. Ah, of course. What I have is available anytime. It's scattered around the house, but most of it is in the study. Anything rare or potentially dangerous is in the vault, and can be fetched if you need it.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:45 AM
Thank you. I think I will go take advantage of it now, and see if there is anything I can come up with.
Vael bows and goes to the study, then begins looking through the books.
((And good... morning...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 04:49 AM
((Yep. Good morning))
Destro turns back to the window and continues staring out of it, quickly losing track of existence.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 03:27 PM
SASO takes in this entire event in silence.
We'll find a way to get them.
He moves to examine whatever Destro was looking at, but sees a face hidden in a hood looking back at him from the other side of the window.
The hood is slowly pulled back, and something horrifying is seen.
SASO blinks, and its gone.
((Only he saw it. It was a vision of his past.))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 03:43 PM
Vael puts aside yet another book with a sigh.
No, no, and no.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-20, 04:08 PM
hiya vael. is this what you are looking for?

the kender produces a book from one of its pouches. it is old and musty, leather-bound and covered in grim.

((it can be any book you want. make it just what you are looking for, or dwarven romance novels. your choice))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 04:38 PM
((Hm... I'll say the book has a riddle that leads to the answer))
Vael looks at it and reads the title: The Book of Mist.
His eyes narrow a little more.
Hmm...
He takes it and begins reading it, thanking the kender.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 05:22 PM
Find anything?

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 05:22 PM
Not yet... but I think there is something here.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 05:36 PM
SASO waits a couple of minutes, then asks:
Why is it called The Book of Mist? That sounds like an unusual name.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 05:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure... its all about time and probablity.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-20, 06:16 PM
I'm gonna go now. I doubt anything is going to happen soon.
SASO leaves.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 08:35 PM
Destro has stopped staring out the window and started working. The shirt is finished, and holds as much magic as it is possible to make it hold. Something inside the workshop emits a loud BANG! SHOCKIT!

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 08:39 PM
Vael looks up, closes the book with a snap, and goes incorporeal before someone could even blink.
What is it Destro?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 08:40 PM
Stupid shocking thing blew up on me! Destro walks out of the workshop, covered in blobs of green metal.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 08:42 PM
Ah. No sudden mass destruction or imminent doom then? We're still safe?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 08:44 PM
Yeah, we're ok. As soon as I figure out how to get this damned metal off my cloak. Destro pokes one of the blobs of metal, which slides a short way towards the ground.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 08:48 PM
Vael looks down at his book.
Good. Apparently CT had the book I needed... what a coincidence, huh?

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 08:50 PM
Yes, but a useful coincidence nonetheless. Destro pokes the blob of metal again, and it slides the the floor. And I almost had it too...

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 08:54 PM
Vael seems a bit frustrated.
I know that this is what I need, but it seems to be a puzzle.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 08:56 PM
What sort of puzzle? I used to be good at puzzles... Destro becomes annoyed at a particularily stubborn blob of metal and makes all the blobs fall off at once with a quick spell.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:00 PM
Its... they have all the information I need, but to find it you have to read between the lines.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 09:01 PM
That the puzzle or just a statement?

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 09:01 PM
Not even so much as a hum announces Regiji's presence before he suddenly winks into existence standing right at the edge of Vael's peripheral vision. He smells a bit like smoke and his clothing looks scorched. He doesn't look too pleased either.

"Damnit Sal! This isn't the Town Square either!" he yells, apparently at no one.

Sorry about that, I'm really not sure what's going wrong.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:05 PM
Need something?
Vael does not seem to have reacted... except that all of his protective wards have suddenly become active.
Thats the problem. The book itself has information on interesting things, but if you read between its facts and knowledge, I will find the clues I need. I've already figured out a few things.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 09:09 PM
Hmmm. Well, I'm afraid I can't be much help then. Riddles were more my thing.

((Dinner, back soon))

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:17 PM
Vael nods and looks back at his book.

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 09:18 PM
Regiji face palms before responding, resulting in a muffled voice.

"No... no, I don't need anything other than for my equipment to function properly," he pulls his hand away from his face and glances at the conversing pair as well as the metal fragments on the floor. "Eeer... I hope I'm not interrupting anything important. I won't be able to shi, er, teleport out of here for about ten minutes."

He gives an apologetic shrug and glances about the room.

"Good to see that 'The Nine' haven't blown you up yet..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 09:32 PM
They can't find me here... Destro busies himself pushing little blobs of metal under a nearby bookcase.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:37 PM
Vael frowns and concentrates on the book.

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 09:40 PM
That material on the floor has some interesting properties. I want a better look at it.

"Is that the stuff you said you were 'testing' the other day by throwing psionic tornadoes at it?" Regiji asks, jabbing a finger at one of the not yet casually swept under a convenient bookcase blobs of metal. "Looks like you found the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back."

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:44 PM
That is the material. Destro is having trouble getting it to stand up as well as we know it can.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 09:44 PM
Yeah, this is the stuff I was testing. I was trying to make more of it, and it almost worked. Destro scowls at the blob.

((Oh, and just so you know Destro now has a metal plate made of green metal over his left eye and part of his face))

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 09:54 PM
((I read that, actually. Got to watch out for those metal bricks. I follow threads that I intend to post in closely.))

"Huh... sorry to hear that," one of the fragments on the floor begins to lift off the ground seemingly of its own accord. No magical or psionic force appears to be exerted on it as it begins moving toward Regiji's eye level.

This stuff has a crystalline matrix remarkably similar to that Keelaxian material orahalcum. Given the right treatment this stuff could be just as impenetrable.

"You know, to be honest I think I've seen something like this stuff before," Regiji states, glancing from the metal to Destro. "Where did you find it, if you don't mind me asking?"

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 09:58 PM
Vael continues to read his book.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 09:58 PM
I don't. It's a synthetic metal, probably first created by a wizard I had to kill. I got it out of a golem he had made.

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 10:11 PM
"Really? Huh, that's kind of odd," Regiji looks back at the fragment again.

It's possible that someone stumbled upon these properties here completely by chance while something similar occurs naturally elsewhere. The whole of creation is rather large after all. Though if this material was synthetically created we may be able to duplicate the process.

Regiji plucks the floating fragment out of the air and examines it closely.

"I take it this golem became resistant to everything you threw at it, right?" Regiji asks, quirking one eyebrow. "If you need more of this stuff made, I may be able to help you out. It would take... some time to get the process hammered out, but some members of my family have quite a bit of experience with this sort of thing. I would just need one of these to be used as a template." He holds up the metal blob. "It might not be as good as the original, at least not at first, but I guess that's better than nothing, right?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 10:14 PM
Everything except acid and repeated violence. Destro looks at the blob. For some reason the stuff is naturally liquid. I have several bottles of it. And any help you could give with making the process of creating it work would be appreciated.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:17 PM
Vael taps one part of the book as he thinks to himself.

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 10:29 PM
"Looks like it wasn't an accident that I was diverted here then, thank the Shepherds for that," Regiji says while smiling brightly. "You wouldn't believe how long my family has been looking for something like this. One of our, er, enemies uses a similar metal to craft all their plating, as you can imagine it can be quite a hassle to get through."

Regiji looks up at the ceiling, as if carefully scrutinizing something that only he can see.

"Sal, send the fragment up to High Chastity, she's still in the neighborhood, right? Ok, good. Tell them we have a synthetic form of orahalcum for them to look at, I'm sure their nerdy little heads will pop off in delight," he thinks for a moment then adds, "And tell them that processes that simulate high proton concentrations damage it. See if they can't fix that."

The fragment vanishes without a trace. Oddly enough, there's no evidence that it has been teleported.

"We're really, really grateful for this opportunity. Believe me when I say that if you need any help with this whole situation with 'The Nine' you can count on me at least."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 10:42 PM
It was hard enough to kill those golems, and we probably wouldn't have managed it if Vael hadn't been there. And thanks for the offer of help. We need all we can get.

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 10:54 PM
"Glad that I'm able to offer it," Regiji responds, still beaming. "Unfortunately I'm all you would really have to work with at the moment. My sister, High Chastity, and a gaggle of my siblings are... closeish, but they're going to be predisposed for, I dunno, a year or two before they could conceivably break off and lend a hand. So unless 'The Nine' decide to wait around for the next dozen or so months I'm all the reinforcements you'll be getting."

Regiji blinks, then grins like an idiot.

"They're going nuts over that metal of yours, they could get you... ummm... about six metric tons of it by the end of the week. Would that be too little?"

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 10:56 PM
Vael raises an eyebrow.
That'll take up a nice chunk of space in your vault.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 10:56 PM
Six metric tonnes? Destro's one eye blinks. Apparently he bothered with his disguise today. That will be fine. I can store it in the vault. I'll have to clear some space, but...

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 11:08 PM
"Great, good thing that will be enough," Regiji says with a sigh of relief. "I'm supposed to be. Scouting. At the moment, mainly so I can find contacts exactly like you Mr. Yersul. You can call me Regiji, and I'm very pleased that this friendship is possible, now if you'll excuse me..."

He begins fumbling in his backpack again, then extracts a smallish cobalt blue sphere. At first glance one might mistake it for metal, but on closer inspection it can be seen that it is actually the iridescent carapace of some fist sized creature.

Regiji holds it out, as he does the front end slides open revealing a soft incandescent blue glow inside. He offers it to Destro.

"I probably won't be needing him for a while, so if you need to contact me just tell him to give me a call."

"Hi there! I'm Zeemis, a standard issue data probe!" says the ball, who is apparently a standard issue data probe. "I hope that our alliance will be a constructive one!"

"See? He likes you already!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 11:12 PM
Destro takes the ball. What an interesting creature. What does he do? Destro sets Zeemis on his desk, while Hrafn glares at him from his perch above the door.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:13 PM
Scouting? What for? Just to get the lay of things?

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 11:27 PM
"I use a senso-" the ball begins enthusiastically before Regiji interrupts him for the sake a description that isn't technical.

"He finds things," Regiji states matter of factly. "Give him a fragment of an object or person, a bit of text from a book, or simply tell him to find it if he's seen it before. And he will. Cross planer if he were upgraded with some other gear I don't have on me. His method of searching is completely mundane, but it's a little bit complicated to describe. Suffice to say, an effect that would normally foil divination or telepathy won't bother Zeemis one iota."

"He's right you know!" Zeemis beams. "I'm very good at what I do!"

"And yes, I'm pretty much just here to get a feel for how things work and what resources are available here. It was already decided that attempting to take any actions in this Realm without local consent would be... unwise. Way more trouble than it would be worth mister, er" Regiji pauses for a moment. "I don't think I ever got your name."

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:29 PM
I am Vael. I believe I can assist you... if only minutely.
He closes his eyes and places a hand to his forehead. His fingers touch the psionic lens and he frowns and removes it.
Blasted thing.
He puts his hand on his forehead again, and slowly draws it away, crystal coalescing underneath his fingers.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 11:33 PM
Excellent. A finder would be most useful to me. Hrafn continues glaring. And taking action here without letting anyone know? Yeah, bad idea.

Rebonack
2006-12-20, 11:47 PM
"Nice to meet you Mr. Vael."

That thing on his forehead appears to be a storage system for an enormous amount of divine energy. Looks like he's having trouble with it though.

"Oh! And one other thing to mention before I go," Regiji glances over at Zeemis. "Display that book from the Amiria's tower, The Manual of the Planes."

"It's my pleasure!" the little orb enthuses.

The soft blue glow brightens slightly, a perfect replica of the tome shimmering into view.

"The guard said that copying stuff cost extra, but since I wasn't getting charged for what I remembered," he says with a grin. "I figure that would apply to Zeemis as well. He can bring up a virtual image of anything he's ever seen. I'm sure that will probably be helpful at some point."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-20, 11:51 PM
Very helpful, thank you. Destro shoots a look at Hrafn, who immediately stops glaring and turns to face the wall.

AmberVael
2006-12-20, 11:52 PM
Vael removes his hand from his head, a translucent teal crystal in his hand. He places the lens back on his forehead, and hands the teal crystal to Regiji.
This contains my basic knowledge of the town itself. It will give you the layout of the area, and a small understanding of the purpose each major building. You should also be able to identify a few of the more prominent figures in town. Just hold it to access the memories within.
I am afraid that I must bid you both a good night. There are some legal matters that need my attention- apparently someone is insisting that I have to duel with them.
He bows and vanishes.
((G'night))

Rebonack
2006-12-21, 12:12 AM
Regiji holds up his hands and backs away a step as Vael offers the crystal to him.

"That would not be a good idea. Eldritch energies don't agree with people from my Realm. If I used it it might do nothing. Or it might explode," he thinks for a moment, then winces. "I can't believe I almost forgot that. Don't use any spells or psionic powers or anything on Zeemis, the result won't be pretty. I wouldn't even suggest trying to teleport him elsewhere, so if you do need him moved just have him call me and I'll shift him for you. This is very, very important, I don't want your teleport spell sending you to your destination inside out."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-21, 12:19 AM
Alright. Oh, one more thing. If you can't use any eldritch or arcane stuff and want to know the town better I think I've got something you could use. Destro shuffles through a large pile of scrolls. Let's see... that one is summon trout... so is that one... this is speak with dead... that's my shopping list from three years ago.. that's a copy of the rules for three dragon ante.. Ah! Here we go! Destro pulls one scroll out of the pile. This is a map of the town I made soon after I got here. I don't need it anymore, so you can have it if you want. He offers Regiji the scroll, which is not magical in any way, shape or form.

Rebonack
2006-12-21, 12:33 AM
Regiji gladly takes the map, looks over it, then extracts a scroll tube from his pack.

"This will be quite helpful, I'm sure," he states while stowing away the map. He blinks, then glances up. "A scroll of Summon Trout? Isn't that one of the components for the spell Summon The Epic Salmon??" he shakes his head. "I have no idea where that bit of information came from, probably best not to investigate it further."

"Thanks for everything Destro, and nice to formally meet you as well, Vael. Have Zeemis call me if you need my help with anything."

"Ok Sal," Regiji says to apparently no one. "Shift me down to the Town Square, and for the love of the Shepherds try to get it right this time."

Very well, shifting sequence active.

Then, like a person disappearing on one of those low budget 1970's films, Regiji winks out of view.

((Feel free to treat Zeemis as an NPC. He's all yours.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-21, 12:39 AM
((Alright))
Destro sits behind his desk, content to wait instead of working for one moment since he got here. Well, this was an eventful day after all... He leans back in his chair and grins to himself.

Rebonack
2006-12-24, 03:36 PM
Suddenly, inexplicably, a large, crate-like object materializes inside Destro's vault. The box is quite sizable, and appears to be composed of a blackish-ceramic of some kind. There is a wide recess on one face of the container, almost as though a shelf had been built into it, the surface of which hums with a soft cyan glow. Directly above the recess an odd white symbol (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/Power_Symbol.jpg) seems to be suspended a few centimeters above the surface of the crate. It hums with a muted radiance and appears to be entirely insubstantial if interacted with.

A voluminous tome entitled The Epic Salmon is leaned against the side of the crate. Stuck inside the book's front cover is a yellow sticky note.

-"'Hi Destro. I've been a little busy of late, sorry I couldn't deliver this Incarnation Day gift to you personally. I discovered you had a thing for summoning fish and knew I had heard something about that subject years ago. Turns out a friend of mine had a book all about it that he dug up on an expedition somewhere. He whipped up copy for you, hope you like it.

Shepherds' Blessings
~Regiji

PS: The techs stationed with High Chastity managed to finish up that synthetic orahalcum for you, it's in the box. Tell it how much you need dispensed and it'll dispense away. They worked on the whole problem with acid damage, improved its resistance by 730%. Oh! Included is the formula for a mineral solution that will fully crystallize the stuff. Just mold the metal into the shape you need and apply it.'"

An alchemical formula is written below, apparently the one referred to above.

Blood
2006-12-27, 02:24 AM
Dragon yawns widely. He pokes the fourth wall curiously, wondering if his player will ever be able to finish this subplot.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-27, 05:43 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega heads over to Destro's house and rings the gong.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The heck with this. I don't have time to wait for Destro's player to come back!

SASO leaves.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-31, 03:42 AM
Destro's house remains on his plane. It's strangely quiet inside, except for the occasional clicking noise. Dust has fallen thickly everywhere that hasn't been touched, which is everywhere except the workshop.

*view pans several rooms, showing dust covered bookcases, seemingly inert constructs and a sleeping Dragon*

The wasteland outside remains similarily unchanged, not a breath of wind stirring the dry air. The sun, a single point of light far off in the sky, is setting, casting long shadows from the standing stones and dead trees.

*camera zooms out from house, rotating to show the desolation*

As the sun outside goes down a new source of light appears. Red light, a fiery glow from deep within the mountains. The surface is silent, but the caverns are not.

*as the camera zooms in on the mountains an entrance into a cavern network can be seen, hidden underneath an outcropping of rock*

Arcane machinery has been put to work inside the mountains, hollowing a refuge, but also a forge. Destro's new workshop is huge, a vast space carved from rock. Adamantium spars support the domed space, preventing collapse.

*view pans area, catching a lone figure standing on a platform, directing the operation*

Destro has been busy. He has not lain idle, allowing the Nine to make their plans. He has plans of his own. Golems move around the area, transporting materials. Darkwood, Mithril, green steel from the Nine hells, thousands upon thousands of bolts. No, Destro has not been idle. A nimblewright overseer approaches the platform. Destro listens to what it has to say, then nods and gives one order. Begin. Then he vanishes.

*camera leaves the caverns, rapidly travelling back to the house. A single light now shines in the workshop*

[hr]
A second nimblewright informs Destro of the object in the vault. Destro grins and heads upstairs to check, remembering Regiji's promise. He grins even wider when he sees the box and reads the note. He places a hole in reality just below the dispensor on the crate. Three tonnes. Then he finds a chair, leans back, and begins to read the book, grinning like a madman the whole time.

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 03:47 AM
Inside the tome there is much forgotten lore considering the summoning of trout. Included is information on the ledgendary Epic Salmon

"Flee you fools! That is no ordinary half-gold dragon trout! That is the legendary Epic Salmon, the Platonic ideal from which all salmonids were forged!"

The Epic Salmon Huge Outsider (Extra planer, very very augmented)
Paragon Psudonatural Tauric Gold Dragon Salmonid of Legend

Hit Dice: 36d8 (maximized) + 19 + 12 (1,404 hp)
Initiative: +13
Speed: 240 ft., Fly 800 ft. (poor), Swim 240 ft
Armor Class: 80 (+35 Natural, +13 Dex, +12 Insight, +12 Luck, -2 Size), touch 45, flat footed 67
BAB/Grap: 36/115
Attack: Bite +105 (2d8 +51) or Tentacle Rake +105 (3d8 + 51) in Psudonatural form
Full Attack: 1 Bite +105 (2d8 +51), 2 Claws +100 (2d6 +35), 2 Wings +100 (1d8 +35), 1 Tail Slap +100 (2d8 + 66) or 9 Tentacle Rakes +105 (3d8 + 51) in Psudonatural form
Space/Reach: 15/10
Special Abilities: Alternate Form, Breath Weapon, Constant Insight, True Insight, Improved Grab, Rotting Constriction, Swallow Whole.
Spell-like Abilities: At will: Blur(CL 35), Dimension Door(CL 35), Shield(CL 35), Hallow (CL 35) 3/day: Greater Dispel Magic(CL 15), Haste(CL 15), Invisibility(CL 15)
Special Qualities: Blindsense, Damage reduction 15/epic, Keen Senses, Fire, Sleep, and Paralysis immunity, Cold vulnerability, Acid resistance 55, Cold resistance 10, Electricity resistance 55, Spell Resistance 61, Fast Healing 20, Water breathing,
Saves: Fort: 44 Ref: 38 Will: 42
Abilities: Str: 72 (31) Dex: 36 (13) Con: 48 (19) Int: 50 (20) Wis: 46 (18) Cha: 50 (20)
Skills: All of them, max ranks with a +10 competence bonus (+49 + ability mod)
Feats: Snatch, Improved Snatch, Snatch and Swallow, Arcane Thesis: Apocalypse From the Sky, Eschew Material Components, Ignore Material Components, Energy Substitution: Sonic, Born of Three Thunders, Explosive Spell, Quicken Spell, Multi-Spell, Purify Spell, Spell Focus: Evocation
Organization: Solitary (1)
Environment: Any, provided your GM is sadistic enough.
Challenge Rating: Somewhere between 6 and 44
Alignment: Always Lawful Good
Advancement: 36-39 Huge, 40-45 Gargantuan, 46+ Colossal
Level Adjustment: No. Just no.


The Epic Salmon appears to be a massive salmonid of some kind. It's scales glitter bright with divine radiance and its body is supported by four powerful draconic limbs. In place of pectoral fins the majestic fish sports two massive sails as of gold dragon. It hangs in the air, unblinking eyes scrutinizing the very souls of those around it as it gapes with its fishy mouth.

The Epic Salmon is considered a 24th level Sorcerer for the purpose of casting spells. The Epic Salmon can cast Cleric spells from the Luck, Good, and Law domain as arcane spells.

The spell Apocalypse from the Sky is always on The Epic Salmon's spells known list. The Epic Salmon always casts this spell modified with Arcane Thesis and the following metamagic feats: Explosive Spell, Energy Substitution: Sonic, Purify Spell, and Born of Three Thunders. Below is the modified spell.

Apocalypse from the Sky
Evocation [Fire, Electricity, Sonic, Good, Evil, Broken]
Level: Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V,S,M
Casting Time: One Standard Action
Range: Line of Sight
Area: 1 mile radius/CL
Duration: 1 full round.
Saving Throw: Reflex half. Fortitude harmless (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Brilliant clouds illuminated as though by sun-set form over the area as the rumblings of thunder ripple through the sky. And lo, a sound as the voice of a great multitude split the heaves in holy chorus as thousands of white, trout-shaped bolts of arcane power dart to the earth below, filling everything in the area with a brilliant radiance. Only evil and, by the caster's choice, neutral creatures are affected by this spell. Creatures must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC: 41) or be blinded by the holy light. They must then succeed on a second Fortitude save (same DC) or be deafened by the heavenly choir. Creatures take 10d6 points of sonic/electricity damage or half on a successful Reflex save (same DC). On a failed Reflex save creatures are blasted off their feet and hurled through the air, taking 1d6 points of sacred damage for every ten feet they travel as they are flung to the edge of the effect (round down, average for a creature at the epicenter: 48,048). The caster becomes dazed for one round after casting this spell.

Material components: Ten points of Intellect, Wisdom, and Charisma drained from the caster.


Special Qualities and Abilities

Alternate Form (Su): The Epic Salmon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action at will. The Epic Salmon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form. Alternately, The Epic Salmon can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass (or another appropriately gruesome form), but all its abilities remain unchanged despite the altered appearance. Other creatures receive a -1 morale penalty on their attack rolls against The Epic Salmon in this alternate form. The Epic Salmon may use any of its abilities in an alternate form, including its Breath Weapon.

Breath Weapon (Su): The Epic Salmon has one type of breath weapon, a 50 foot cone of fish dealing 14d10+13 points of damage (Reflex half, DC: 47). The damage dealt by the cone of fish is considered whatever energy or damage type will be most effective for the given situation. Any creatures damaged by a cone of fish must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC as Reflex) or take a 20 point Strength penalty; this penalty is cumulative with subsequent penalties. This penalty can not reduce a creature's Strength score below 1.

Water Breathing (Ex): The Epic Salmon can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.

Frightful Presence (Ex): The Epic Salmon can unsettle foes with its mere presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever The Epic Salmon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 200 feet are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than The Epic Salmon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 48) remains immune to The Epic Salmon's frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 13 or more HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds, creatures with less than 13 HD die of fright while creatures with less than 13 HD that are immune to death effects simply explode due to the sheer glory of the Epic Salmon. The Epic Salmon ignores the frightful presence of anything.

Blindsense (Ex): The Epic Salmon can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 180 feet. Opponents the Epic Salmon can’t actually see still have total concealment against the Epic Salmon, though they can still expect to get a cone of fish in the face regardless.

Keen Senses (Ex): The Epic Salmon sees four times as well a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

True Insight (EX): The Epic Salmon's special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable.

Constant Insight (Su): The Epic Salmon makes all its attacks with a +15 insight bonus. The Epic Salmon is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.

Damage Reduction 15/Epic (EX): The Epic Salmon's damaged reduction can only be overcome by Epic weapons. The Epic Salmon's Natural Weapons are considered Epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Improved Grab (Ex): If The Epic Salmon hits an opponent smaller than it with a tentacle, it deals normal Damage and can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rotting Constriction (Ex): Once The Epic Salmon has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check it makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 2d4+13 points of Constitution. At the same time, the creature regains 10 lost hit points.

Snatch (Ex): The Epic Salmon can choose to start a grapple when it hits with a claw or bite attack. If the creature gets a hold on a creature one or more sizes smaller, it squeezes each round for automatic bite or claw damage. A snatched opponent held in the creature’s mouth is not allowed a Reflex save against The Epic Salmon's creature’s breath weapon

The Epic Salmon can drop a creature it has snatched as a free action or use a standard action to fling it aside. A flung creature travels 1d6 x 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. If The Epic Salmon flings a snatched opponent while flying, the opponent takes this amount or falling damage, whichever is greater.

Swallow Whole (Ex): If The Epic Salmon begins its turn with an opponent held in its mouth, it can attempt a new grapple check (as though attempting to pin the opponent). If it succeeds, the opponent takes bite damage and is swallowed. The Epic Salmon's stomach can hold one medium sized creature. A swallowed creature is considered grappled, while The Epic Salmon is not. A swallowed creature can try to cut its way free with any light piercing or slashing weapon by dealing 50 damage to the digestive tract (AC: 50) or it can just try to escape the grapple. If the swallowed creature chooses the latter course, success puts it back in The Epic Salmon's mouth. Any damage a swallowed creature deals is deducted from The Epic Salmon's hit points. If a creature cuts itself free, muscular action closes the hole, so that if The Epic Salmon swallow someone again, that creature must cut itself free again. Creatures in the Epic Salmon's stomach take 1d8+35 points of bludgeoning damage and 2d8+13 points of Fish damage.


Summon The Epic Salmon
Conjuration (Summoning) [Good, Lawful, Broken]
Level: Dru 9, Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V,S,M
Casting Time: Two Minutes
Range: Close 50 ft +5 ft/CL
Duration: 1 round/CL.
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Summoning The Epic Salmon is quite unlike many other spells, as one can never truly learn it per se. Instead, one must read a tome containing instructions regarding the summoning of The Epic Salmon, an artifact the reading of which requires 8 hours of study. One must then cast the spell Summon Trout (or Summon Salmon) and then immediately begin the summoning ritual. Once the duration of Summon Trout has expired the fish will be filled with the divine essence of The Epic Salmon, transforming it into an avatar of said being. The Epic Salmon will follow the instructions of the caster, though it will never take any actions opposed to its alignment.

Material Components: A scroll of Summon Trout, the teeth of a brown bear, and no fewer than ten salmon eggs.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-31, 03:53 AM
((That is so awesome. I leave on that note, because it's one in the morning here and I should probably get some sleep. Enjoy the gigantic cliffhanger I've left, and I'll see you all later today))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-31, 08:19 PM
The project in the mountain continues, beginning to take shape. A frame has been built by workers that do not tire. Workers that continue to work, no matter what. Destro is back on the overseers platform, directing all the work. A large container filled with a strange liquid metal stretches up to the left, almost reaching the ceiling.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-01, 06:16 PM
The massive shape being constructed inside the mountain is nearing the halfway point. Destro has raised the overseer platform twenty feet and is standing on it, Hrafn perched on his shoulder. So, my friend, we are almost ready. We need allies though. CT and Vael haven't been around. Who can we trust? Hrafn clicks his beak. How about Kenyon? Earin? We need a crew. That we do. Destro turns back to the project. Send word to the Temple of Inari, Earin and Kenyon. Hrafn nods and jumps off his shoulder, flying back to the house.

*Camera pans away from platform, showing the hull of a half constructed wooden ship*

Golems scurry around the ship, which so far only has a hull. Some have brought trees in and are stripping them of branches. Several more have begun hollowing out the area directly underneath the ship, slowly lowering it into a water filled pit.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 02:23 AM
The ship's hull is now entirely finished. Three masts rise from the deck and an aft cabin has been added. The steering system is almost done, needing only a wheel. Piles of rigging lye on the deck, ready to be raised. Two large circular portals have begun construction at either end of the long water filled pit the ship is floating in, extending below the water enough to allow the ship to pass over. Destro is working at a bench off to one side of the cavern, carving runes into a wooden ship's wheel. Behind him some of his skeletons have started raising the sails, which never seem to be the same colour twice. And something else is happening too. Careful measurements of the ship's hull are being taken in preparation for armouring. And Hrafn has just sent off another scrawled note...

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 10:42 PM
The ship has been finished. Armoured plates are bolted to its hull and the sails have been raised, shining white in the dark cavern. The wheel has been installed, the cabins are furnished and the hold has been filled. Only two more things are required. Guns and a name. Destro sits at a workbench trying to think of a good name for the ship. His ship.

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 10:42 PM
Jackie and Darryl poke their head in...somewhere. They're not entirely sure where.

"Destro? You here?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 10:49 PM
Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm here. Destro glances up from his work. A greenish metal plate covers his left eye. How you guys doing? I was hoping Kenyon would come himself, but.. He shrugs. Such is life.

((Just for reference the cavern they are all in is very very big, supported by metal girders, and contains a warship floating in a water filled pit))

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 10:54 PM
The two step through the door completely.

"Trust me, I'm sure he'd love to. But he's in the middle of a fight right now, and I think he's in a bit over his hea-"

A massive explosion can be heard on the other side of the door, as hot air rushes through it.

"Oh, dear gods..." Jackie's hands go to her mouth in fear.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 10:56 PM
Ah, shock. Those damn marshals after him? Destro stands up and strides over to the door. If Kenyon is dead somebody is going to pay BIG TIME. He stares down the tunnel with his one eye and clenches his fist.

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:01 PM
Jackie steps through the door, keeping it open.

"KENYON!"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 11:03 PM
Destro steps through the door as well. Those... damned... It seems he can't find words to accurately describe the marshals. Black flame forms around his clenched fist.

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:17 PM
Destro and the others can hear the sounds of scuffling, when suddenly a voice cries out:

"I'm comin'! Hang on!"

Jackie's eyes light up.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 11:20 PM
Destro grins more than a little madly. Good. Let them follow. The black flame covering his fist flickers and grows stronger.

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:24 PM
Kenyon falls into view, hitting the ground, and looking like he's dislocated a few things in the process. However, he manages to get up, and staggers toward Destro and Jackie.

"CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME! THERE'S NO TIME!"

The others can see an armored man starting to make his way down behind Kenyon.

AmberVael
2007-01-02, 11:25 PM
Behind the armored man another man, in crimson armor comes into view. He swipes at Rex's face with his sword.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 11:26 PM
Destro continues grinning like a madman. Good. They followed.

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:29 PM
Kenyon dives forward, landing a few inches short of the doorway. Jackie quickly drags him in.

"CLOSE IT!"
"CLOSE IT!"

***

Rex barely manages to bring up his manacled arms in defense of his face, when he sees Kenyon being drug through the doorway.

"OH, NO YA DON'T!"

Swinging at the man's head with his armored/manacled hands, he then proceeds to take off after Kenyon again.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:32 PM
Aerin appears in the tunnel and sees the chase. She sweeps her wings back and pursues Rex, moving incredibly fast, though perhaps not quite as fast as Crimson Guy.

AmberVael
2007-01-02, 11:33 PM
The man dodges fairly quickly for someone in a full suit of armor, then manifests Energy Stun (sonic) on Rex to stun him with a cacophony of sound.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 11:34 PM
Destro nods. All in good time. He then turns back to the tunnel. Hey! Bastards! Knock, knock! He throws his arm out and opens his fist. A blaze of twisted black and white energy bursts from his palm, filling the tunnel with a searing beam of death.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:40 PM
Aern blinks ethereal and back as the beam flls the tunnel. Do I have to arrest you for attempted murder as well, lich? Aerin snaps at Destro, sending another blast of soulfire at Rex.

((I can't remember if Aerin knows... if not, replace "lich" with "necromancer"))

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:40 PM
The Sonic attack catches Rex in the back again. It did no damage to the armor itself, but the damage could certainly be seen in it's owner, as he screams in pain, and collapses to the ground, missing the worst of Destro's death blast. The soulfire blast manages to slip over his head as well, as he starts to slowly get back to his feet.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 11:42 PM
BURN. Destro laughs insanely and throws something small and red down the hall as well, closing the door just before the small red thing explodes in a flash of fire.

AmberVael
2007-01-02, 11:43 PM
HOLY-
The armored man jumps to avoid the blasts, landing in the only place free of death spells.
The ceiling.
How exactly he hangs there is unknown, but he manages it.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:48 PM
Aerin continues her forward movement, managing to get a foot and her sword arm in before the door closes all the way.

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:50 PM
((ZOMG, SPIDEY!))

Rex manages to run past the Magic 'Splodey Ball before it detonates, sending him flying into the metal door, face-first. Apparently some odd freak of nature, or the product of a slightly-contrived plotline, he manages to get up again, and attempts to rip open the door.

"YOU'RE NOT GETTIN' AWAY FROM ME THAT-"

The door creaks open, and instead of Destro and the others, the only thing anyone remaining in the tunnel can see is a pair of gatling guns, similar to the ones found on Mechanus' gigantic construct from the fight with the Masters.

"...easily?"

The guns spin to life, unleashing a torrent of metal slugs at everyone in the tunnel. Rex's armor protects him from being pierced by any of the shots, but the sheer power of each of them renders him unconscious.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-02, 11:51 PM
((Whoops, didn't see your post there, Destro))

The flames don't seem to faze Aerin.

((Wait, I thought Rex was inside already...))

AmberVael
2007-01-02, 11:54 PM
The man on the ceiling curses as he realizes the mechanics of his last move leave him helpless this round.
This is going to hur-
Bullets slam into him repeatedly, and yet he manages to dodge a good number. However, "a good number" does not equal "OMGWTFBBQ MASS OF DOOM BULLETS" and so he ends up against a wall, bleeding and entirely stunned.
Why today?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-02, 11:54 PM
((No, just Kenyon. And Destro and Jackie and Darryl))

Kenyon
2007-01-02, 11:55 PM
((No, there's a pretty good distance of tunnel before the door, and with all the damn attacks, he can only move so fast.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:03 AM
Destro continues grinning, though by this time the madness is mostly gone. Hello Kenyon. Good to see you. Now, what can I do for you other than prevent any of those crazy marshals from removing your vital organs?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-03, 12:03 AM
((Okay, it's...

Revisionist History Time!))

Aerin did not in fact, make it to the door. She is caught in the fire of the gatlings as well, and though she, like the Crimson Guy, manages to dodge a goodly number, she cannot dodge them all. Her natural resilience to damage takes care of another goodly portion of the bullets, but there are too many bullets flying, and she is badly hurt. Nevertheless, through gritted teeth, she manages enough concentration to go ethereal again before being knocked unconscious by the damage.

((Moving back to the Kenyon's thread now))

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 12:05 AM
Kenyon lets out a sigh of relief as the door is closed, and looks up at Destro, beaten and broken.

"Yeah...I could use a beer..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:08 AM
Ok. Beer first, then talking. You like archon ale right? Destro opens a rectangular hole in reality. Inside is what appears to be a mini-fridge. He removes several bottles. And what about you two? He is talking somewhat faster than normal, probably an effect of going from extremely pissed off to not very pissed off over the space of a couple seconds.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 12:13 AM
Jackie looks up at Destro. "I'm fine for now, thanks."

Darryl nods. "I could use a drink, myself."

Jackie turns her attention back to Kenyon. "You doing alright, Ken?"

"I've been worse...I think...yeah, the Masters incident was definitely worse." Kenyon shakes his head in an attempt to maintain consciousness.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:17 AM
Destro hands Kenyon and Darryl each archon ales. He's pretty much back to normal now. He directs his next statement at Kenyon. You sir, are not going unconscious on me. I have very important things to talk to you about. I don't want to use curative magic, considering your unique reaction to it, but if I have to I have to.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 12:26 AM
Kenyon manages to stand up, and slams his shoulder into a nearby wall, knocking it back in place. "GYYYEEAARGH!"

He sits back down, panting a bit, then takes a sip of his beer with his good hand. Jackie and Darryl both look a bit concerned.

"Nah...I should be good...good for now. What'cha need to talk about, Destro?"

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 12:30 AM
The man in crimson armor appears in Destro's study, cursing at the single hole in his armor.
Its going to be so expensive to fix that.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:31 AM
Three things. Number one, the arming of that. Destro points at the ship floating in the water filled pit a short distance (say like fifty feet) behind him. Second, that suit of armour I made. And third, the subsequent crewing of the aforementioned that. Destro points at the ship again.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 12:36 AM
Kenyon looks at the ship. "A ship? Kinda random..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:37 AM
Not just any ship Kenyon. That ship is going to help us beat the Nine. All it needs is weaponry, a name and a crew.

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 12:40 AM
The man curses as he notices no one is around. He looks around, then looks out the window. He notes the area and starts.
What the hell? Collective?
It appears to be another plane.
Nooo... really?
He looks out the window again, then sighs and begins looking through the house methodically.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 12:42 AM
Kenyon looks at Destro, a little befuddled. "Well, we can help with the weapons and the crew, but how the heck's a boat gonna help you beat the Nine?"

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 12:46 AM
The crimson man sighs. He really doesn't want to do this... but...
He makes an odd hand gesture and somethign small appears in his hand. He fiddles with it.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:47 AM
Watch. Destro walks over to a wall panel covered with runes and levers. He pushes one of the runes and pulls a lever. Twin portals at opposite ends of the water filled pit hum to life.