PDA

View Full Version : Destro Yersul's Document Copying



Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 12:53 AM
Kenyon looks at the portals, not quite sure what he's looking at.

"A plane-jumpin' ship?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 12:56 AM
Better. Destro pulls some other levers. The ship slowly rises out of the water, floating a few feet above the surface.

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 12:57 AM
The crimson man stops what he is doing, then grins to himself, chuckling.
Lets see how this works, and if he is fooled.
He holds up a letter, then nods and seals it in an envelope. It appears to be on the back of another letter... Destro's letter.

Destro-
This is of great importance. Where are you, and how can I get to you?
-Earin

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 01:00 AM
"A flyin' plane-jumper. That certainly makes this more interestin'."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 01:06 AM
Oh, hell yes. Destro is momentarily distracted by the arrival of the letter. Hmm. He picks it up and reads it. Well, ok... He scrawls something on it and folds it into a paper airplane. He tosses the paper airplane into the air and points his finger at it. BANG! it promptly disappears.

[hr]
Back in the study a paper airplane appears. It has a riddle on it.

What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than the trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

Rebonack
2007-01-03, 01:12 AM
((If I already figured that out I don't think the crimson guy would have much trouble >.>))

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 01:14 AM
The man eyes the airplane tiredly, not in the mood for riddles, then grins.
Who cares?
He taps the crystal on his sword hilt and manifests Trace Teleport, then finds its starting point. He goes there with a Teleport, appearing in the air where the airplane was teleported.
He falls to the ground with a sigh, landing fairly hard.
Things are not going my way today, even when they do.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 01:17 AM
((Ah, crappit. I forgot I'm watching a movie with other people tonight))
Destro pushes levers back to their original positions and the ship sinks back to the water while the portals deactivate. Umm, who are you? A rip opens in the fourth wall and a guy in a green gilligan hat, t-shirt, sweatpants and large framed glasses appears. He informs the plotline, Destro, and time and space that he needs to be somewhere else, and steps back through the fourth wall.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 01:19 AM
Kenyon observes what's going on, and decides now's as good a time to pass out as any.

((G'night.))

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 01:21 AM
((Curse you all!))
The crimson armored man sits down to twiddle his thumbs.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:05 PM
Destro's player pokes his head back through the fourth wall and informs time, space and the plotline that they're allowed to start moving again. Destro tries to wake Kenyon up, seeing as they never did finish discussing armour and whatnot.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 03:14 PM
Kenyon comes to, feeling a little bit better, but not much.

"Um, right, flyin' boat, armor 'n all that."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:19 PM
Right. the flying boat does not have any weaponry, and magic can only do so much. Plus you'll probably be wanting that armour. Destro opens the hole in reality/mini-fridge and searches around in it for something with caffiene. He finds a package of instant coffee and puts it into a mug that just appeared somehow.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 03:23 PM
Kenyon smiles, as he pulls himself back up. "Well, you know if you need anything of the 'click-click-boom' variety, I'm your man. But I'm gonna need to be at 100% for this. As much as I hate t'say it, what've you got for healin'?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:26 PM
Destro grins. Click-click-boom is exactly what I'm looking for. As for healing, I've got scrolls or potions. your choice. He drops a firebead into the water and coffee filled mug. There is a small "whumf" noise, and the coffee starts steaming. He hands the mug to Kenyon.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 03:28 PM
Kenyon takes the coffee, and drinks it. "Well, I'd prefer t'keep the contents of my stomach on the inside today, so I'm gonna have to say the scroll."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:31 PM
Figured as much. I assume you'd prefer I use one big one as opposed to several small ones as well. Destro searches his pockets and comes up with an ivory scroll case. He removes a scroll from it and reads it off.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 03:35 PM
Kenyon can feel the healing powers washing over him, and screams as pain suddenly racks his body. Every cut, every wound, every broken bone and dislocated joint burns with a furious intensity as they heal back into place.

The whole thing is over in mere seconds. Kenyon collapses on the floor. A few of his hairs seem to have actually gone gray from the stress of it all.

"*pant**pant*Ummm...y'all might...*pant*...hafta give me...*cough*...a few seconds, here..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:38 PM
Yeah, sorry about that... Destro scratches his neck. But, in all truth, you did ask for it.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 03:41 PM
Kenyon stands back up, and attempts to stretch the burning out of his limbs.

"I know, I know, still better'n losin' my lunch, and my breakfast, and my dinner from yesterday, and breakfast from 3 days ago..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:47 PM
It'll go away, and you'll likely end up with less pain in the long run. Now, how about I get you that armour, and then we can talk about exactly how many and what kind of guns I want on the ship? Destro grins and starts to look amongst the various piles of oddities in the cavern, searching for something. If it isn't here I'll send one of the nimblewrights for it.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 03:55 PM
Kenyon nods, as the last bits of pain finally start to fade away. "Works for me."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 03:59 PM
It's not here. I must have left it at the house. No matter... Destro waves to one of the nimblewrights directing work on armour plating the ship. It walks over, and he informs it of what he needs it to do. It nods and vanishes. Now that's taken care of... Destro finds a pair of chairs that weren't there before in the middle of the floor. I've got the portholes all constructed and everything. I want the biggest guns you can make and still have fit in them.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:02 PM
Kenyon smiles. "Now, that's what I'm talkin' about. DARRYL! JACKIE! WAKE UP!" His employees wake up, and approach. "Looks like we've got a job t'do. You two up for it?"

"If it means our lives'll be less dramatic than all this Marshal crap, I'm ready to roll."

"Anything I can do to help, Mr. Kenyon."

"Glad t'hear it! Let's get to work then. Sounds like we're under a bit of a time crunch!" He looks over at Destro. "So, were can I find my tools?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 04:07 PM
I'll help with construction as best I can. All this workshop's resources are at your disposal. Metal, workers, whatever you want. HEY! ALL YOU GET OVER HERE! It becomes apparent who Destro was yelling at when all the golems and skeletons in the place end up headed in his direction.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:14 PM
Kenyon looks impressed at the mini-horde Destro manages to round up.

"I'll probably need all of 'em." He points to Jackie. "Alright, Jackie, I need you 'n the golems to start gettin' to work on the guns. Take measurements on the portholes, make sure you leave enough room in these things to take aim."

His gaze then turns to Darryl. "Darryl, you take the skellies here, 'n round up all the stuff you need to make an assload of Fireshot. Get the measurements for the guns from Jackie when she's done, and make the shots accordingly, got it?"

The two employees nod, and make their way to their respective groups, hoping to get them to follow their instructions.

"I've gotta see a man about some armor."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 04:19 PM
Alright. One more thing. Destro addresses the skellies and golems. Listen up all of you. Kenyon and his firends here are in charge until I say otherwise. You do what they say, and I'm a happy man. You don't do what they say and I'm a very unhappy man. Got it? With that out of the way he turns back to Kenyon. That nimblewright should be back any minute.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 04:22 PM
SASO comes to where the house should be and bangs the gong.
I wonder if that wizard might be able to help...

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:23 PM
((I don't think the house is back in Town yet.))

Cpt.Myers
2007-01-03, 04:24 PM
Doesn't all of this posting at once break a rule or something?

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:25 PM
((Rules? Feh. We're far too sexy for rules.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 04:27 PM
((^^Nope))
((^Agreed))
Hang on a second... Destro sends one of the nimblewrights to see who's at the gong, considering they have nothing to do right now.

[hr]
A metal man pops into existence next to SASO. Yes?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 04:43 PM
((Just a bump))
The nimblewright reappears, carrying what looks like a metal shirt. I had to modify this one for your use. Here. Destro takes the shirt from the nimblewright.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:46 PM
Kenyon pulls out his goggles, clicks them to their magnifying lenses, and inspects the shirt closer. "So, this's made from the liquid metal you showed me? How'd you get it into solid form?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 04:48 PM
A lot of testing. Trial and error, that sort of thing. This is the second one, the first version is mine. Destro grins. Turned out lye crystallizes the stuff. Don't ask me why. It was a matter of finding the right balance.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:51 PM
Kenyon looks up at Destro, his eyes comically distorted by the goggle's lenses.

"Lye? You're pullin' my leg."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 04:56 PM
I'm seriously not kidding. I had to wear gloves so I wouldn't melt my hands off. Melting his hands off may have been a slight exaggeration, but Destro doesn't really care. So, you want to know how it works?

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 04:58 PM
Kenyon pulls out the bottle of metal Destro gave him back in the day, while he pulls the goggles up.

"This I gotta see."

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:02 PM
A noise. It sounds a bit like a choking duck vomitting sandpaper. If one were to write down an onomatopoeia, it might well look like Raaawooop!

Hawk and Regiji appear, the latter's hand on the former. Hawk looks a little visibly shaken. "My, that was...different."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 05:02 PM
Sure. Destro picks a box up off one of the workbenches. He opens it and makes sure he's wearing gloves before he sticks his hand in to remove a pile of white granules. It works best when it's ground up. He drops the granules into a pestle and puts the box down, then starts to grind them up with the mortar. After a short time they've been reduced to miniscule grains. Put some of that metal in this bowl. Destro indicates a metal bowl, also sitting on the workbench. Hey, who are you? This last is directed at Hawk.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 05:10 PM
Kenyon pulls the stopper off the bottle, and pours the metal into the bowl.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 05:12 PM
Okay, now watch. Destro dumps some of the now powdered lye into the bowl. It sinks into the metal, which rapidly begins hardening.

((Destro's player pokes Kenyon's player and points at the Cornerstone thread))

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:12 PM
Hawk shakes his head, trying to get fully back to his senses. He looks at Destro. "I'm Officer Geldof of the GUFIPOLICE."

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 05:14 PM
Kenyon pulls his goggles back on, and watches the chemical reaction closely, maintaining all his attention on it, and not to the cop behind him.

"Wow, this is amazin'. I wish I could figure out how in the world this reaction happens..."

Hawk can probably recognize Kenyon's accent.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 05:15 PM
I wish I knew too. One of the great mysteries, I suppose. Destro turns to Hawk. Ok, that's all well and good, so long as you don't try to arrest me or my friends. More important is what you're doing here in the first place.

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:17 PM
"Well, I don't even know who you are, so you probably don't have to worry about me arresting you." Hawk says, wary of Destro's insinuation of resisting arrest. "I'm looking for Kenyon. I need to question him."

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 05:22 PM
Kenyon hears a new voice say his name, and his attention to the amazing chemical reaction in front of him is broken. He pulls the goggles off his face, and turns to look at Hawk, quickly checking to make sure his pistol is still tucked in his belt. "I'm Kenyon. 'Fraid you've got me at a disadvantage here, though. Who're you?"

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:23 PM
"I'm Officer Geldof." Hawk repeats, "And I need to question you."

He contemplates carrying around a tape recorder for this kind of situation.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 05:27 PM
"Well, here I am. Get t'questionin'."

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:28 PM
"Obviously, there was an attack on your shop last night. We caught one of the culprits, but I was informed there were others. Do you know who these men were?"

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 05:30 PM
Kenyon shakes his head. "I don't know who they are, but I certainly know what they are."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 05:31 PM
Destro grumbles loudly about police procedure interrupting important work and puts the metal shirt on the workbench, far away from the lye.

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:33 PM
"The one we apprehended said they were marshal sent by the second highest order of their country to capture and/or kill you because of crimes you've committed. Is there any truth to that?"

Hawk glances at Destro briefly, but turns his attention back to Kenyon.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 05:40 PM
((^^Nope))
((^Agreed))
Hang on a second... Destro sends one of the nimblewrights to see who's at the gong, considering they have nothing to do right now.

<hr>
A metal man pops into existence next to SASO. Yes?


((Sorry about suddenly dissapearing))
SASO awakens after his player induced coma, and if the nimblewright or whatever allows it, he enters Destro's demiplane.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 05:43 PM
The nimblewright informs SASO that he needs to planeshift in order to get to the demiplane.

((Slow posting will ensue. A friend brought his Wii over))

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 05:44 PM
Kenyon's eyes light up with surprise. "He's one of the Lieutenants? Whoooooo-boy, now I KNOW I went and pissed off the wrong people." Despite how serious it sounds, Kenyon does not seem very worried about it.

"Okay, from their standpoint, yes, they're tellin' the truth. Those fellas're definitely Marshals from the Sarundian Army. Their job, like I'm sure you've heard, is to 'dispatch,' 'eliminate,' 'take care of,' whatever fancy word they're usin' nowadays for killin' so-called 'enemies of the state.'"

((More to come after this phone call.))

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 05:45 PM
"And what exactly did you do to become an enemy of the state?" Hawk sticks his hands in his trenchcoat pocket, feeling his trigger finger twitching.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 05:46 PM
((I'm assuming the nimblewright planeshifts SASO, since he can't do it himself.))
He enters, and goes into a PIC ((Player induced coma.))

((Dinner.))

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:07 PM
"That's the lovely thing about military politics down in Sarundia, I honestly don't know. The worst I've ever done was killed my commanding officer in the middle of a battle. But, that was to save my men, a point I drilled home at the ensuin' court-martial. The jury agreed with me, too. Other than that, I've always been an upstandin' citizen."

"What I DO know, though, is that I pissed off quite a few higher-ups leavin' the country like I did. I was drummed out of the service, but they wanted my skills for other reasons, reasons I wasn't a real big fan of. It wouldn't surprise me if someone made up a bunch of crap to get a team of Marshals to drag me back, and from what you've told me, that certainly seems to have been the case."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 06:10 PM
Fellow officer, if there is a warrant on this man, by all means, tell him his rights and get out the cuffs. Otherwise, his story seems fine and you should relax those itchy fingers of yours.

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:10 PM
Hawk coughs, "Yes, about that...You have a file down at the station. It says that you are wanted for three instances of assault and two of resisting arrest."

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:14 PM
Kenyon nods. "I'm well aware of that, though I'm not sure where the second instance of resistin' arrest came from. I'll be more than willin' to pay for my crimes when I'm good 'n ready."

"Thing is, I'm not ready, yet. I'm not givin' myself up until the Marshals're dead. Once I've taken care of that, you boys can do whatever you like with me."

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:16 PM
((Oops, guess you assaulted the two officers in the same instance))

"I'm sorry, sir. Your cause may be just, but that's not how the law works."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 06:17 PM
So this is Kenyon? The three assualts and two resisting arrest charges guy? Shame we couldn't meet under better circumstances. I'm Secret Agent Stick Omega.
He offers his hand for a handshake, and his other hand is extended with a pair of cuffs.
Remember, you could just come quietly and pay bail the sec we get you in a cell. This whole arrest could become nothing more than a formality. Are you gonna come quietly?

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:18 PM
"Then tack on vigilantiism to the list of charges, I ain't movin'."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 06:18 PM
And I'll be damned if the Marshals don't end up dead with the Nine. Destro is standing at a short distance, watching the whole thing from his overseer's platform. And you know what I said about arresting. This demiplane technically does not exist inside of town. You work it out.

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:20 PM
"Sir, as much as I am loathe I'm sure you're aware of how lenient the law is in this country." Hawk looks at him, his finger still twitching, "If you come peacefully, you'll spend a day in there, tops. Trust me, it's not going to impact your personal revenge plans that much."

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:23 PM
Kenyon looks up at Destro. "Y'know, my wizard buddy puts up a strong point. Since we are in a whole other plane, we're not under Gufi jurisdiction right now. Like I said, bust me when I'm done, but I'm not steppin' foot in a cell until I've done what I have to."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 06:25 PM
Hawk, we don't need another fight. Besides, those Marshall guys and the Nine were working with Magtok, an old nemesis of mine. Let him add vigilanteeism to the list and take him in peacefully later.

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:25 PM
"This is not GUFIPOLICE jurisdiction no more than the town is jurisdiction for those marshals, but unless you intend to wait here until either you die or they find a way to get here you're going to have to return there sooner or later. Don't you think it's better to just serve your time now and not have to worry about it getting in the way in your quest for vengeance or whatever it is you plan to do?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 06:26 PM
A note suddenly appears in front of Destro. He grabs it out of the air and reads it. This makes me wish I could be in two places at once. He looks around and twists one of the rings he's wearing. Two large constructs appear next to him. Ok you two, make sure Kenyon doesn't get arrested. No lethal force if lethal force is not used. Destro planeshifts away. The two constructs walk over to stand behind Kenyon.

Rebonack
2007-01-03, 06:27 PM
Regiji coughs.

"Couldn't he just post bail and come in once his trial begins?" he nods toward all the shipworks going on. "Then it wouldn't interfere with what's going on here. That Loki guy just paid for his at Trog's. Didn't even leave the tavern."

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:35 PM
Kenyon sighs. "Look, consider me a stubbon bastard all you want, I'm not movin' from here. If y'all're willin' to let me pay my bail here, I'll be more 'n happy to, but I'm not takin' one step in that station until I'm done."

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:36 PM
"I'm sorry sir, but it won't look very good if I walk into the station with a sum of money and say 'It's okay guys, he paid me in advance!'"

Hawk adjusts his peak cap.

"If you're willing to pay bail, and you have the money on you right now, which I assume you do, you'll get to be in jail for literally seconds."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 06:38 PM
Hawk, if someone else can do it, so can Kenyon. We'll head back there and deposit all the bail money, so no corrupt looking action occurs.

Rebonack
2007-01-03, 06:42 PM
"I'm pretty certain that Iames fellow already set the precedent for taking bail money outside the station," he shrugs. "I figure if the chief of police has no problem with it then we shouldn't either."

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:42 PM
The laws in this town make me sick sometimes.

Hawk rubs his temples vigorously. "If we can really pay his bail for him without him even being there..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 06:45 PM
Hrafn hops off his perch on the workbench and stands on the edge of the table, staring at Hawk. Does it really bother you that much?

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:46 PM
Kenyon shrugs. "Believe me, I'm not used to the law system in this place, myself. So, what's bail gonna cost me?"

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:46 PM
"You have no idea."

Hawk turns to Kenyon, not explicitly looking at him. "700GP for assault, 300GP for resisting arrest. I'm not sure if the bail doubles for each time you commit the same crime, but it seems like it would."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 06:50 PM
Hrafn turns his head to one side. Then why don't you have someone else deliver it?

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:51 PM
Kenyon counts on his fingers a bit. "So, 2400GP oughtta cover it, then."

He pulls his pack off his back, and almost seems to crawl into it, digging around. After a while, he comes out with a hefty coin purse.

"This should do it." He lobs the purse at the officers. "Keep the change, boys."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 06:51 PM
Assualt alone is 700 gp. for ech charge of it. Thats 2100 for the three asualt charges. Then there's the resisting arrest...
He takes out a list.
I only see one count of resisting arrest here...Yeah, 2400 seems about right.

SASO catches Kenyon's purse.

((Hehe...purse. Hehehe...))

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:53 PM
He looks at Hrafn, "It's not that I just don't want to do it. It's....nevermind." He says, annoyed.

"Regiji, let's go. I'm patently disgusted."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 06:56 PM
((Is he still online?))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 06:57 PM
Hrafn clicks his beak at hawk and performs the avian equivalent of a shrug. Your choice, I suppose.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 06:58 PM
Kenyon chuckles to himself, as he is reminded of his own confusion and frustration when he first found the Town.

"Don't worry, Officer, you'll get used to it!"

Nevrmore
2007-01-03, 06:58 PM
((Is he still online?))
((If he doesn't respond in a couple minutes I'll just NPC him to fly us away or w/e))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 07:03 PM
Before I go, just wanted to say I'm willing to help with anything involving getting rid of that evil order of criminals up at that flying tower thing. An enemy of mine was in that little clubhouse of theirs.

Rebonack
2007-01-03, 07:04 PM
((I was fixing some dinner >.>))

"Ok, we're out of here."

Regiji places a hand on the two officers.

"Beam us up, Sal."

Shifting in 3... 2... 1...

The trio vanish. No sound effects or anything. The SPX budget must have been spent on doughnuts.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 07:20 PM
Hrafn hops over to where Kenyon is. Destro says you can take the shirt. He also says there should be a contact patch on the chest that expands it when pressed.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 07:26 PM
Kenyon continues to humor himself with the thought of the overly-frustrated Hawk, as he slips the shirt on, trying it out.

"A contact patch? Do what now?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 07:37 PM
Just push the chest. Hrafn hops back and forth.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 07:38 PM
Kenyon looks down at the shirt.

"Oooookay..." He smacks the chest with his fist.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 07:40 PM
The shirt shifts, flowing outward along Kenyon's arms and legs. It doesn't cover his hands or feet though. Hrafn watches with amusement. Destro informs me that it also has a helmet function. The patch for that is on the back of the neck.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 07:41 PM
"Well, I'm not a big fan of helmets. They tend to block my view. But, what the hell, lessee..." He smacks the spot on the back of his neck.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-03, 07:48 PM
The shirt shifts again, flowing over Kenyon's head. It leaves enough space to see well, and little holes over the mouth area. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to restrict hearing, despite the lack of holes for that.

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 09:42 PM
The crimson armored man starts, then grumbles about terrible luck and wastes of time.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 10:32 PM
Kenyon snaps out of his shock over the awesomeness of the armor, and his player curses his horrible timing.

((Sorry, family members hijacked my compy, and ran my mouse battery dry.))

AmberVael
2007-01-03, 10:40 PM
The crimson armored man looks up from his contemplation of the hole in his own armor. It appears to have reformed slightly, but not much.

Kenyon
2007-01-03, 10:51 PM
Kenyon's player, not really sure where to go with this without Destro here, contemplates jumping on Xbox Live.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 12:55 AM
((S'alright Kenyon. I went to a movie tonight, and would have had to break off soon anyways. Tommorrow I'm going to have Destro christen his ship. But for now...))

Destro reappears, having made a stop in several planes looking for specific materials. He has a strange floating disk following him, carrying a large chunk of wood. He gets one of the runic guardians to put it on a workbench for him and sits down before starting to carve it. Somehow he manages this without ever touching the wood or a carving tool.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 11:37 AM
((Hey, just as well. My girlfriend scored me an import copy of Phoenix Wright 2, so I wound up nerding out on that all night.))

Kenyon's team works all through the night, helping to create the weapons and ammo needed for the ship. Kenyon observes both groups to make sure everything is working fine, and finds everything is going according to plan. With his assistance not entirely necessary at the moment, he goes to a quiet corner of the workshop to get used to his new armor.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 11:41 AM
The crimson armored man wonders if people just forgot about him. Either that or... no. He had tried to be seen. He wasn't so good that he had forgotten how to be seen normally, right?
Right?
He looks around.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 12:01 PM
A mighty hand reaches through the Fourth Wall, and taps Kenyon on the shoulder.

"Huh?"

The hand then points up to the area the crimson armored man is standing.

"Who's that?"

The hand does it's best to shrug, then disappears with a *foop!*

Kenyon smacks the back of his neck, making the face armor pull away, as he runs over to investigate.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 12:05 PM
The crimson armored man has given up on his apparently random appearance making any sort of an impact, and he appears to be pouring blue energy into his armor.
The single hole in it is very, very slowly closing over.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 12:08 PM
Kenyon's player notes that the crimson man probably would have made more of an impact if the post-escape scene two days ago didn't fall apart so quickly.

Kenyon walks up to the crimson man. "So, yeah, apparently you've been here for a couple days, but no one's noticed you. What's up? Here t' beat me up? Take the ship? Save the day?"

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 12:10 PM
Take the ship?
The crimson armored man looks it over.
Might be handy to have, actually. Though I mostly wanted to know why Destro was so intent on sending that man who was chasing you into the abyss.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 12:40 PM
Kenyon ponders. "Good question, actually. My guns shoulda taken care of him plenty, I don't know why he went outta his way to try and burninate 'em like that."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 12:44 PM
They sure as hell took plenty care of me.
The man doesn't look pleased at all as he continues fixing the hole in his armor.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 12:46 PM
"Sorry, next time I'll make sure to leave a sign saying "All people in tunnels not tryin' to kill me, make sure t'duck."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 12:48 PM
I was on the ceiling. There wasn't anywhere to avoid it, otherwise I might have been okay.
The man still seems very irritated. Which is quite understandable, considering the number of bullets he took.
I doubt that officer will be very pleased with you. She took a good number of shots as well.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 12:51 PM
Kenyon shrugs. "Eh, I hate to sound upset with her, but considerin' the fact that she re-arranged my damn brain a few weeks ago, if she couldn't do her little ghost thing in time, I consider us even."

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 12:54 PM
Ouch. Sounds unpleasant.
The hold in the man's armor is nearly gone.
I am not someone who cares much for the police, however.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 01:05 PM
"Some of 'em aren't so bad, the majority of this police force, though, I could take 'r leave. It was a lot better when the Red Thing was in charge." Kenyon waxes nostalgic, which is unusual, considering he's only been in town for about 4 months.

((Off to a team meeting. Yay. Gimme about an hour.))

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 01:08 PM
I don't mind the people in the force, but the rules of the force. They're too confining and unneccesary.
The crimson armored man finishes patching the hole.
Mostly I will not hinder the police, but the police may hinder me.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:10 PM
Destro realizes that he is, in fact, here. He finishes carving the figurehead for the ship and begins wandering around the workshop humming to himself and checking to see how things are going.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:10 PM
The crimson armored man watches Destro with interest.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:12 PM
I never got the chance to ask what you were doing here. Destro inspects one of the railings on the ship, and brushes some dust off one of the runes carved in it.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:14 PM
Looking for answers. Looking to help where I can.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:16 PM
Answers I might be able to give and help I'll take if I can get it. Destro jumps down from the ship, seemingly forgetting that there was water down there.
*BLOOSH*
Destro climbs up out of the water, somewhat more damp than he was previously.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:18 PM
The man may be amused, but it doesn't show from behind his mask.
For obvious reasons.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:19 PM
Okay, then. What was it you wanted answered? Destro dries his robes off with a quick spell.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:19 PM
What was going on yesterday? Why did I chase down a man only to nearly get killed by the other men opposing him?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:24 PM
You mean with that Marshal guy? Best explanation I can give is that things like that happen here.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:26 PM
So you randomly decided that, not only would killing this guy be a good idea, but killing the people who are trying to help you would also be a good idea?
The man doesn't seem to think this is an accurate summary.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:28 PM
Destro shrugs. He was the only one I intended to die. And last I checked the police didn't try to help me. You aren't a cop though, are you?

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:29 PM
Hardly. I am a vigilante. The cats- cops, are far more... restricted than I am. I make sure things get done.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 04:32 PM
Regiji suddenly materializes in the vicinity of Destro's new air-ship. Unfortunately that vicinity happens to be about a meter to the starboard side directly over the moat the craft is currently sitting.

"That's just typic-"

*BLOOSH*

Regiji hauls himself out of the water moments later, dripping wet.

"Eeerr. Hi Destro."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:32 PM
Figured as much. If you were a cop you would have tried to arrest me already. Destro grumbles about law in general and laws in particular. Then Regiji shows up. Hi Regiji.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:35 PM
Is dropping into water the latest fashion? Should I do it as well?

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 04:37 PM
Regiji pulls off his tunic, revealing the fibrous, charcoal-grey body armor underneath it. He begins to wring the garment out.

"I just wanted to see how things were going with the orahalcum," he grins. "And how you liked that fish book I got for you."

He then turns his attention to the armored man.

"I think it's just probability's only method to get back at me," he says cryptically.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:41 PM
Perhaps.
He looks towards Destro.
Is there any way I can be of service now, Destro? Or would you rather shoot at me again?
The last question seems a bit sarcastic.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 04:44 PM
"Where do you know Elya from?" Regiji asks suddenly, apparently addressing Will Scarlet.

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:45 PM
Will turns to Regiji and watches him for a moment.
Is there a reason I should tell you?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:45 PM
No, I only shoot doom spells at people who want to either kill me or someone who happens to be a friend of mine. And things are great Regiji. You saw the ship, of course. Look at the armour plating. I made that with the stuff you sent me. Destro grins at the ship. As for being of service currently... He stops. Well, I'm not sure. I don't think there's anything I need done, other than picking up a couple things at the Omnishop. Oh, and the fish book was most excellent. This is apparently added as an afterthought, because Destro's player couldn't think of anywhere better to put it.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 04:51 PM
Regiji smiles at Will.

"Because I'm a charming, trustable sort of guy?"

He nods to Destro.

"I can see that the lye worked on it just fine. Wouldn't do to have the armor plating slough off during the middle of a battle," he pauses, then grins a wide grin. "Did you try summoning that fish yet? The big one?"

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 04:54 PM
The man gives a hollow, echoing laugh.
I do not believe that convinces me. Should you need something, Destro, you need only speak your request.
Destro can sense a small, scrying type sensor appear before him. It does not seem to be targeting him, only awaiting something.
Until then.
He vanishes.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 04:58 PM
Kenyon snaps out of his player-meeting-after-meeting-induced daze.

"Dammit, what'd I miss, now?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 04:59 PM
((Yay! Kenyon's back!))

Alright. Destro waves to Will Crimson. I haven't tried summoning it yet. I'm keeping that as an ace to play against the Nine, if it's needed. Destro turns to Kenyon. Nothing, really. I just answered a bunch of questions and gained some extra help.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:03 PM
"Well, that's a nice change of pace. Y'know, I'm not lookin' forward to comin' back to Town after all this. After all, I've been directly responsible for injurin' both of Freezy's fiances. Somethin' tells me I'm not exactly gonna be invited to the wedding when I come back."

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 05:05 PM
"Sounds like a plan to me."

Regiji waves at Kenyon.

"'ello again. I think we met briefly the other day, though arguably under less pleasant circumstances," he gives a friendly grin. "I'm Regiji, ally to Destro and Scout extraordinaire."

He blinks.

"Though, honestly, this is my first time being a scout. But I think I'm doing a good job thus far."

((Incidentally, 'Will Scarlet' is a nick-name Regiji made for Vael's newest character. I don't think anyone knows his name sans Vael himself.))

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:08 PM
Kenyon waves back at Regiji. "Yeah, you 'n Captain Hardass, how could I forget?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 05:12 PM
((I know. I saw. It comes from reading every thread here because I have no actual life))
Well, neither will I after the trout episode. But hey, that's alright. Anyways, the figurehead for the ship is done now. I just have to send a nimblewright or something to pick up a couple things and then I can christen the ship. Destro grins. Who wants to watch?

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 05:14 PM
Regiji sighs.

"He was just following his convictions, exactly as you were by refusing to go back to the station with him," Regiji shifts his footing uncomfortably. "Please don't deride people for doing what they think is right."

He raises his hand.

"I'll watch."

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:16 PM
Kenyon nods at Destro. "Sure. Always wanted to see one of these things."

He turns back to Regiji and shakes his head. "No, no, no, that's not the way I meant it at all. Well, it was, but...I knew many guys like him back in the military. I got no problem with his convictions, 'cept for the fact that they were runnin' counter t'mine at the time. Once this stuff is all over, and if he's still here, I'll send him a beer."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 05:18 PM
Alright. Destro grins and gives one of the nimblewrights some instructions and teleports it. It'll be back. He looks around. Hey Kenyon, can you ask your employees if they want to watch? I can't remember their names.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 05:19 PM
Kenyon waves back at Regiji. "Yeah, you 'n Captain Hardass, how could I forget?"

((Out of random curiosity, Kenyon has more respect for SASO, right? The one who offered a handshake and calmed "Captain Hardass" down? Or was he in too bad of a mood to care?))

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:23 PM
((Frankly, Kenyon really doesn't know SASO, so he hasn't really formed an opinion of him, yet. He respects all the Police, just some more than others. :smallbiggrin:))

AmberVael
2007-01-04, 05:24 PM
((Incidentally, 'Will Scarlet' is a nick-name Regiji made for Vael's newest character. I don't think anyone knows his name sans Vael himself.))
((Incidentally, we're all clueless :smallwink:))

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 05:25 PM
Regiji shifts back to his other foot. Then considers his new stance for a moment. Finally he decides to just sit down cross-legged. In mid-air.

"I think he has a problem with the lacking criminal justice system here more than anything else," Regiji responds, then shrugs. "Either he'll get use to things here or have a psychotic breakdown. I personally hope it will be the former rather than the latter."

((I vote that his real name be Will Scarlet then.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 05:28 PM
The nimblewright Destro sent off a while ago reappears. It hands Destro a brown cloth bag. Excellent, now we can begin. Destro walks over to the ship and looks inside the bag. He grins and removes a small flask made of blue crystal with a gold shell for the stopper, a bottle of glass covered with clouds and swirls and a bottle of wine.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:32 PM
((I vote for Big Red, myself. Mainly because I've decided that's what Kenyon's gonna call him from now on.))

Kenyon puts two fingers in his mouth, and blows a sharp whistle. "JACKIE! DARRYL! BREAK TIME! GET UP HERE!"

His two employees leave their teams to continue working, and make their way up to Kenyon.

"Everything okay, Mr. Kenyon?"

"Yeah. We're gonna watch a ship christening. Y'all up for it?"

Jackie runs up to the ship, then looks at Destro. "Does this tub have a name, yet?"

While Jackie speaks to Destro, Kenyon turns his attention back to Regiji. "I can't begin to describe all the random crap that's happened to me since I've been here. If I've lasted this long without snappin', I'm sure a tough guy like him can work it all out, too."

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 05:32 PM
"'Random crap' is certainly one thing to call it..."

"That's an awfully fancy jar to be smashing on the side of a boat," Regiji says absently. "Or do you do something else with it? Not really sure how this sort of thing works here."

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:37 PM
"I've been attacked by a horde of emoticons, slammed into buildings, nearly been sexually molested by tentacles, blown up by explodin' playin' cards, suffered head trauma that apparently caused me to speak foreign languages from another world, amongst other things. I think "Random Crap" is the best identifier for things that happen in this Town."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 05:38 PM
((I vote for Big Red, myself. Mainly because I've decided that's what Kenyon's gonna call him from now on.))

((I vote that his real name be Will Scarlet then.))

((You are both wrong.
He'll never get a chance to use his actual name, because everyone will give him some nickname before he gets a chance to share his actual name! Muhahaha!))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 05:41 PM
It's supposed to be fancy. Destro nods in response to Jackie's question and waves a hand. Gold lettering appears on the ship's prow. Destro picks up the crystal flask and the cloud bottle. This ship travels both sea and sky. For good fortune, she seeks the approval of both. He holds up the flask and bottle. Water and air, neverending sources and givers of life. He smashes the flask and bottle together. Both break and crystal and glass fall to the floor, as well as some water from the crystal flask. These she offers, that the gods may smile upon her.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 05:44 PM
((He'll be like Glenn from Chrono Trigger. He has a name, but just goes by whatever people call him.))

"Nifty. When does he name it, Sal?"

Be quiet and watch.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 05:50 PM
Destro sets the remains of the flask and bottle into a carved wooden box, then continues to speak. May she sail between worlds upon the seas and skies. He picks up the bottle of wine. May her luck never falter in times of peril. He grins. May her fighting spirit never be lessened.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 05:53 PM
Kenyon can swear he can hear dramatic music in the background as he watches the ceremony. That french horn sounds a bit flat.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 05:57 PM
Destro turns to the ship and raises the bottle of wine. The figurehead he spent all night making is winched up and attached to the front, its many heads staring forward. I christen thee Infinite. Destro smashes the wine bottle against the prow and smiles. Good fortune.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 06:12 PM
Kenyon and his team applaud.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:14 PM
Thanks. Destro picks up the wooden box and closes it. You know, I just realized I haven't shown you around yet. Want a tour?

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 06:15 PM
Jackie nods. "I've gotten a good look at the portholes, but that's about it, so far." Kenyon and Darryl agree.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:18 PM
Alright, let's go. Destro walks up the gangplank. There will be some weapons up here too, but not the gunpowder kind.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 06:19 PM
"What then, the slashy kind, or the magic kind?"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 06:22 PM
"What then, the slashy kind, or the magic kind?"
((What about the disintegrating kind? Or the transmogrification kind? What about the weapons of math instruction?))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:22 PM
Both, but also the really big arrow launching kind. Destro points at the two large empty spaces in between the three main masts. I'm going to mount them in there. The other weapons will be stored in chests or carried by the crew.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 06:25 PM
Kenyon nods. "Not as nifty as, say, a big cannon, but whatever floats your boat."

Jackie hits Kenyon in the gut for the horrible pun.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:29 PM
Ah, but I get big cannons too. Destro climbs one of the aft sets of stairs to the bridge, shrugging off the pun damage. This, of course, is where Infinite's controls are located. She has more than normal, due to her special situation. He isn't kidding. Next to the wheel are several instrument panels covered with levers and runes. Destro is probably the only one who could make sense of them, let alone use them.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 06:30 PM
From the site where Destro's house would've been, SASO bangs on the gong and requests to enter the demiplane.
He states he has news concerning the Nine and its associates.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:37 PM
Godsdammit... Destro sends Hrafn to talk to SASO, because he's busy giving a tour.

[hr]
Hrafn appears perched on the sign. Apparently I'm a messenger boy now. What do you want? He is not in the best of moods.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 06:40 PM
Sorry.
I have news about the Nine, and need to speak with the wizard.
Also, I sense a plot nearby. Crime's dropped now, and I was wondering if this plot might invlove the Nine. Their group is as much my enemy as it is the wizard's.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:45 PM
Oh, all right. Come on then. Blasted.. grumble.. Nine... grumble... making us hide all the bloody time. Hrafn hops on to SASO's shoulder and planeshifts them both to Destro's workshop/lair. They end up around five feet above the water next to the ship.

Blood
2007-01-04, 06:45 PM
Dragon explores Destro's study a bit, periodically (but slowly) turning into others as they enter the house.

((Just a reminder, Destro, I see that you're busy with that huge plot and all. :smallbiggrin:))

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 06:48 PM
Kenyon looks at the controls. "Clearly. I'm assumin' you're the one drivin' this tub when we head out?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 06:52 PM
((No worries Blood. I'll find time for this eventually))
Yes, I am. I don't expect anyone else to. That's about it for up here, shall we go below? Destro starts back down the stairs without waiting for an answer.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 07:07 PM
Destro reaches the gun deck. You've seen down here already. This is where all those guns I've commissioned go, as well as everyone who's going to be firing them.

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 07:26 PM
((Feel free to NPC Kenyon the rest of the way through the tour. Gotta wrap up work, and spend some quality time with my girlfriend.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 07:30 PM
SASO has a disturbing vision invloving nuns with shotguns, but decides to forget about it. He heads over to Destro and NPC Kenyon.
I have news about the Nine and their annoying little order of evil.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 07:32 PM
Indeed? Let's hear it then. You can tell me while I continue the tour. Destro walks down the deck, past the empty spaces reserved for guns.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 07:37 PM
Well, I've manged to defeat Magtok and ESARS, they were members of the group, and old enemies of mine.
Sadly, they've had an overwhelming number of people streaming in. I believe they are entering for the purpose of joining the group, or the villains are infested with spies.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 07:44 PM
Alright. That would be bad. Too many of them already... Destro heads down a flight of stairs. This is another gun deck, but it's only half as big as the one above us. He walks towards the front of the ship.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 07:47 PM
Whats the boat's name?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 07:51 PM
Destro smiles. The Infinite. He opens a door at the fore end of the secondary gun deck and walks through. In here are the cabins. Infinite is a warship, but needs fewer crew than normal because of some special modifications. We could afford the space. The cabins are still a little small though. They couldn't afford to use too much space.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 07:52 PM
Regiji's player reaches through the fourth wall and lifts up the scout's backpack, revealing a large power button. The player's disembodies hand pushes said button and Regiji springs back to life.

"Wow Destro, she's really impressive," Regiji comments with a whistle. "I'm honestly not quite sure what to compare her to though. Maybe a light frigate back home or something..."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 07:57 PM
If this boat's voyage involves that evil group down at the flying castles in any way, I'd be more than happy to help. Do you have any idea when the group's Plot shield will fall? I'm tired of waiting for them to unveil whatever cliche evil plans they have.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 08:01 PM
((Yeah. I can only imagine what Future Destro would think of this, given his situation))
Thanks Regiji. Destro grins in an overly devious way. Infinite's first voyage will indeed involve the Nine. As for their plot shield, I expect it to fail sometime after I come back out of hiding. They can't get me here, so they're stuck for what to do until I get back. Destro walks down the small hallway in between cabins and goes down another set of stairs. Most of the storage is down here. Powder magazines, holds, that sort of thing.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 08:07 PM
So its maiden voyage is to occur soon?

Hey Regiji, that random coma problem sure is annoying, isn't it? Strange, I've never seen it in any other dimension before...

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 08:08 PM
"I would suggest bringing in some weapons from home," Regiji says with a grin. "But causing the magical components of the ship to randomly wink in and out in terms of functionality would likely be bad. You know, the boat dropping out of the sky and such."

He ponders for a bit.

"Wonder if we could pick something up from the Republic of Mu, their hardware shouldn't cause any problems..."

Regiji nods.

"It is really strange. I'm pretty certain it has to do with the way time flows here. Oddly enough it never happened in the last hub realm I unfortunately got stuck in."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 08:13 PM
Very soon. I have enough friends to combat the Nine, and soon I will. You saw the portals at either end of the pit I had dug? Destro grins and leads the way through the empty holds. Those are for planeshifting. Gives me a fixed return and exit point, which is handy to have. He ponders Regiji's suggestion. That's not a bad idea. I should get my nephew by... Ah, I forget how many generations removed he is. But I should talk to him about that. He's a real tech head. You'd like him.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 08:14 PM
The coma and non-linear time thing isn't familiar for me either, Regiji.
I think its a unique trait of this world.

I'd offer some technology from my world to help the ship, if it wasn't still rebuilding its society and repairing the damage Magtok did as ruler.
Most tech is remnants from his empire, and that stuff brings back bad memories.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 08:25 PM
Regiji thinks for a moment about what the ship could possibly be outfitted with.

"Let's see... You would want something that could be installed without overhauling the entire vessel, so anything that would require a sizable power grind would be out of the question. Hmmm... A Dispersal Buffer would probably be nice. It spreads any energy over the entire surface area of the vessel. A couple of emitters could be installed in, oh, about four points should do it considering the Infinity's size. I would imagine that would help improve the durability of the plating by about..."

He thinks for a moment.

"A factor of several thousand givin the relative size of an average cannon ball and the Infinity. I'm assuming they'll be shooting other stuff at us to, but every little bit helps, right?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 08:30 PM
Quite understandable. This is directed at SASO. Destro reaches one last set of stairs. Nothing down there but the shot locker, more holds and the bilge. And you're right. Every little bit does help. See if you can get one of those, and then we can install it. Destro grins. I don't want her blasted to peices on her first voyage, now do I?

((Dinner. Back soon))

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 08:40 PM
Regiji nods, then begins to talk to... no one it would appear.

"Sal, send a message to High Chastity and have her relay it to Alearis. We're going to need some Dispersion Buffers from Mu, the nifty ones you mount on the outside of a vessel... Yeah, those ones. If they don't feel like sharing some of their newer tech then suggest we give them the specs on that synthetic orahalcum... Yeah, should work, they seem to like the Keelaks even less than we do."

Regiji turns back to Destro.

"It might take a couple days for them to get here, but I think we'll be able to give the nice people of Mu an offer they won't be able to turn down. I'll help install the emitters once they get here."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 08:43 PM
SASO notices Destro going into a coma. Not another coma...

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 08:48 PM
Regiji sighs.

"So... how's your day been thus far Omega? Brought any evil-doers to justice?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 08:51 PM
((Behold! For I eat very very fast!))
Ok, that would work. Have them put a rush on it too, if you can. Destro begins leading the group back to the main decks.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 08:51 PM
((Wha-? Done already? Jeez, you're as fast as freakin' greased lightning, Destro!))

To Regiji: An NPC gang and some pie theif, but those were both random events with no plots linked to them.

((Gotta go for a little while))

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 09:07 PM
Regiji turns his attention to Destro while noting that Omega just nodded off.

"Well, we're talking about getting equipment from a different empire here. My family has an alliance with them against a mutual enemy, but they don't like our... er... religious predisposition. It's an enemy of my enemy sort of relationship and not much beyond that. The actual diplomatic end of things will likely take longer than getting the emitter here."

Regiji shrugs.

"But we'll go as fast as we can. We're still in debt to you for that sample of orahalcum, so this is the least we can do. You know, not that we wouldn't mind dissecting a dispersion buffer to figure out how it works," he adds with a wink.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 09:14 PM
Of course. I like to know how things work as well. I never was much of a diplomat. Destro and Co. are now back on the main deck. I'm glad you like Infinite. She's a good ship.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 09:28 PM
"Infinite, not Infinity," Regiji says to himself as a personal note. "She certainly seems impressive. I don't know much about wooden hulled ships, but I'm pretty certain they aren't usually clad in nearly impenetrable armor. And they don't usually fly."

He thinks for a moment.

"What exactly is your plan of attack? If I had some idea of how you were planning to do this I think I could be of more help when things get ugly."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 09:34 PM
SASO wakes up from the PIC. (Player induced coma)
Sorry about that... this non-linear time thing is really annoying.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 09:34 PM
Ah, my plan. First, we planeshift back to the town. Infinite will get us to the Cornerstone and help with breaching their defenses. I've got a few surprises planned. Once we've blown a big enough hole in their building and taken out their defenses we find a way in and try to find the Nine. Once we've found them we take them out. I think I'll put Kenyon in charge of weaponry. He's always saying he hates fighting casters, and I know he likes blowing things up.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 09:49 PM
"Hmmm... sounds like a standard kick-in-the-door strategy to me," he grins impishly. "I think I might have just the thing to help out. Sal, get the Inquisitor light assault frame out of the Sanctum and shift it over here."

Sure thing Regiji.

"This thing is an Incarnation day gift from my sister to me, just as that fish book was one from me to you," he says to Destro. "I'm here as a scout, so normally I wouldn't be packing actual battle hardware. But my sister pulled some strings to get this first generation model sent to me fresh from construction. Partly for old time's sake, mostly because it was determined just how dangerous things can get here. It's got a hell of a lot more fire-power than I could bring to bear normally. The fact that I don't show up on divinations means that the Nine haven't seen it in action on the one occasion I've used it here in Town thus far."

He grins again.

"Which means the Nine won't know what hit them once that attack starts. Just a minute, it'll take Sal a while to get it here..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 09:53 PM
Destro nods. If the Nine realize what's hit them, it means they can stop it. That's why I want to attack fast. I've seen their damned Cornerstone and its turrets. Once those are online we won't last too long. That said, Destro waits patiently for Sal to shift in whatever the Inquisitor frame is.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-04, 09:58 PM
SASO has an idea.
What if the police, (or at least me) organized a diversion down in the streets to fight part of the Nine, while you go in for the attack when they're fighting two different battles. It worked back in my dimension once.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 10:05 PM
A rather large draconic creature suddenly winks into existence on the deck of Infinite. It's eyes are closed and it looks for all the world as though it's asleep. It's hard to tell whether the thing is just armor plated or mechanical, it might well be both. The rather unfriendly looking tail is hanging over the port side of the ship. A more complete description is in the link in Rebonack's signature, but he's too lazy to write it out again.

"That," Regiji says triumphantly, pointing at the Inquisitor light assault frame. "Is an Inquisitor light assault frame."

He walks over to the creature, because that's exactly what it appear to be. He places one hand on it and the other hand he places on his left temple. After doing so his eyes go vacant for a moment.

'Regiji' then turns back to Destro.

"It'll take Regiji a few moments to get it up and running," Regiji's body says. "I'm Sal, by the way. I'm Regiji embedded artificial intelligence."

The creature begins to stir, wings unfurling and smoldering emerald eyes popping open.

"Want a demonstration of what this critter can do?" Regiji asks. His voice sounds similar to that of his humanoid body, only deeper, more voluminous, and with a metallic tinge to it. "I'm sure it will help you decide how to use me in the assault."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 10:11 PM
Destro nods. Good idea. His attention is then captured by the Inquisitor light assault frame. Wow. He grins. Hello Sal, I'm Destro. But you knew that. He then turns back to Regiji/Dragon/awesome. Alright, let's see what it can do.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 10:20 PM
"Ok then," Regiji replies with a rather toothy grin. He vaults backwards off the deck of the Infinite, somehow able to keep himself from stalling and spiraling into the ground. A couple of wing beats carries him up near the ceiling of the cavern, leaving a golden-orange miasma of ionized air in his wake. He circles around, then takes up a hovering position not to far from the deck.

"Eeerr... I'm going to need a target of some kind. Preferably something you don't mind having reduced to molten slag."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 10:24 PM
You can have one of the Skeletons. They're replaceable. Destro calls one of the skeletons over and instructs it to stand still in an open area. It does so. Go ahead.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 10:34 PM
"I think the floor is going to take more of this than him, but whatever."

Regiji's beak-like snout snaps open, releasing a five-foot wide beam of radiant golden energy. It lances down toward the poor skeleton and envelopes it completely. Sparks and molten blobs of stone are tossed into the air as Regiji's attack eats into the cavern floor and, incidentally, the skeleton.

Regiji snaps his mouth shut, cutting off the attack. Steam continues to rise from the point of impact, slow dissipating to reveal a hole deep enough for Destro to disappear into ringed with red-hot sizzling stone.

The skeleton is, of course, completely gone.

Regiji grins again.

"See? What did I tell you?" he blinks at the fiery pit his breath had just dug. "Congratulations, you're the proud owner of a brand new hole."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 10:46 PM
Very nice. I think a hole there could cause problems though. I'll fix it. Destro spends the next couple seconds informing the universe that he does not want a hole in that particular location. The universe agrees that a hole there may be a disagreeable thing, but it can't really do anything about it. Destro informs the universe that he doesn't care whether or not the universe can do anything about it, it's going to do something about it whether it can or not. There. That takes care of that. There is no longer any hole. The universe wanders off, grumbling to itself about wizards.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 11:02 PM
"That's the main weapon I'm equipped with aside from standard melee pointy bits, though it's important to note that the aura of banality around me gets carried into my attacks. So that will cut through magical defenses like a Lightning Bolt through kobold warriors. It would take a moment, but even a Wall of Force would be breached."

He thinks for a moment.

"I've got a really big hurt stick available to me as well, but recharging the thing takes the better part of a day, so I would prefer not throwing it around so flippantly."

He glances around the cavern, spotting a golem going about its proscribed chores.

"Lots of my family's equipment functions by modifying the probability of an unlikely event to one. Such as the probability that I would suddenly stop being in the middle of the Streets back in Town and start being here. My big weapon modifies the probability that a selected target up to about that size," he points at the golem. "Will suffer spontaneous existence failure. It just sort of... stops being anywhere. We've found that most targets have an extremely hard time recovering from this."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 11:07 PM
Most would. Some, however.... Destro shrugs. It's very good for us that you can get through magical defenses. That's the biggest thing the Nine have going for them.

((I just had an awesome idea))

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 11:11 PM
Kenyon snaps out of his NPC-daze, but then proceeds to stand in awe of the big-ass robo-dragon-thing. Most people aren't likely to know the difference.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 11:19 PM
Regiji lands on the deck again. Despite the fact that he has a mass of several thousand kilograms the boards don't so much as creak.

"I figured it would. I doubt the Nine ever had to deal with a walking fragment of a Realm that's dead to magic before," Regiji gives Destro an odd sideways sort of look. It's very birdish and somewhat unsettling. "I was thinking I could move in ahead of the Infinite and wreak some havoc on their fortress. See if I can't get those turrets or anything else out of commission before the main force arrives," Regiji grins a toothy grin. "They've already been attacked by people from the Town at least once. So another seemingly random attack by a dragon of all things probably won't surprise them too much. Once they're in disarray between the police raid and me strafing their turrets you come in and let loose with those cannons Kenyon put together for you."

Regiji seems pleased with his plan.

"That sound any good?"

((Oh? Do tell.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 11:24 PM
Very good. I want as much havoc as you can cause to descend upon them around... Destro thinks for a second. Say.. five minutes before Infinite gets there. Then we blow the bejesus out of them with our cannons, and BAM! He grins. No more Nine.

((I'd rather show... This should be amusing))

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 11:35 PM
Regiji nods. It's very strange seeing something that big nod.

"About the time you guys are going to show up I'll make sure to position myself on the side of the Cornerstone with the least turret damage," Regiji says, his tactical gears still turning. "They'll have what's left of their fire power focused on me. Then bring in the Infinite on the opposite side and let 'em have it. It'll be one big flanking maneuver."

Whether Regiji is aware this will afford him a bonus on his to hit rolls in unclear.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 11:39 PM
Tactically sound. There is no way I'm going to hide for much longer. Between me, everyone who's agreed to help me, and Infinite, We should have no problem winning this.

The Nine
2007-01-04, 11:42 PM
Never assume. This new voice comes from behind them all. Two men are standing there. One of them smiles and releases his hold on the other, who collapses.

Rebonack
2007-01-04, 11:48 PM
Regiji redirects his smoldering emerald gaze to the newcomer while Sal glances up from watching the golems work.

"Greetings, sir and welcome to Destro's Fine Shipworks! May I interest you in a brochure with information on our most popular models?" Regiji sounds compleatly serious.

I'm scanning our new buddy now.

The Nine
2007-01-04, 11:52 PM
The man smiles wider. Thank you, but I know where I am. He climbs down the stairs from the bridge. And I know who you are. He points at Destro.

((This guy is in the sig. Blue robe, brown hair, goatee))

Kenyon
2007-01-04, 11:52 PM
Kenyon turns and looks at the two men.

"Friends of yours, Destro?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-04, 11:55 PM
Destro stares at the man, his mouth hanging open. He looks at the man, then turns to Kenyon. No. I've never seen him before. He seems a little shocked.

Kenyon
2007-01-05, 12:02 AM
Kenyon edges his left hand towards his pistol.

"Sooo...care to introduce yourselves?"

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 12:04 AM
What are you getting off this clown, Sal?

Just a moment...

"Ah! You must know all about our fine business then if you know where you are!" Regiji responds brightly. He begins to approach the man looking as friendly as a huge metal plated draconic creature can. "Perhaps you would like a tour of our show-room then?"

The Nine
2007-01-05, 12:08 AM
Some business, but last I checked Destro did not own a shipbuilding company. The man looks around. I shall, of course, introduce myself. He bows. I am Enchantment, and I'm here to talk.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 12:19 AM
((Feel free to let Sal know anything about the guy considering buffing effects and the like. Or if he's an Polymorphed person who isn't Enchantment being controlled via Dominate Person. Anything like that =P))

Still scanning... By the way, isn't allowing an enemy enchanter to talk the last thing you should let them do?

"It's a relatively recent venture of my employer, Destro," Regiji responds with a toothy grin. He offers his hand... err... claw to shake. "So you must be here regarding his document copying business! I would be happy to take the original and begins scribing it for you."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 12:27 AM
((Hang on a sec. Big post with the Nine))

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 12:32 AM
*Sal idly watches some trout swim by. In mid-air.*

The Nine
2007-01-05, 12:34 AM
((Nope, this is actually Enchantment. No buffs, nothing. Just really strong magic auras))

Allright, I'll humour you. Here's something to be copied. Enchantment shakes Regiji's hand. He then hands Regiji a roll of parchment. This is what it says:


How to Leave the Planet:
1. Phone NASA. Their phone number is (731) 483-3111. Explain that it's very important that you get away as soon as possible.
2. If they do not cooperate, phone any friend you may have in the White House - (202) 456-1414 - to have a word on your behalf with the guys at NASA.
3. If you don't have any friends in the White House, phone the Kremlin (ask the overseas operator for 0107-095-295-9051). They don't have any friends there either (at least none to speak of), but they do seem to have a little influence, so you might as well try.
4. If that also fails, phone Rome for guidance. Suggested telephone number is 011-39-6-6982, because that switchboard is likely infallible.
5. If all these attempts fail, flag down a passing flying saucer and explain that it's vitally important you get away before your phone bill arrives.

DOUGLAS ADAMS

McBish
2007-01-05, 12:36 AM
((Yeah for DNA this makes me happy.))

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 12:48 AM
As soon as Enchantment comes in contact with Regiji the metal drake wills his aura of banality around the poor fellow. Any contingencies or magic items he might have are suppressed.

With speed and agility far too great for something of his size his other claw blurs down to snatch the man off his feet.

"I'll get on that right after I contact Mr. Adams for his permission, wouldn't want to break copyright law. Oh, and after I squeeze your guts out, too. Can't forget that."

The Nine
2007-01-05, 12:56 AM
Enchantment shrugs as best he can, being picked up by Regiji and all. I wouldn't do that if I were you. The squeezing my guts out bit. It would prove detrimental.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 01:06 AM
Regiji would shrug as well, but it would look odd.

"More bluster than anything else, to be honest," he sounds somewhat apologetic. "It just seemed like the right thing to say after grabbing you off your feet to make sure you don't try to Charm anyone. And to keep your buddies from attempting scry off of you. Stuff like that."

Regiji turns to Destro with Enchantment in tow.

"Feel free to talk to him. Though I have no idea how happy he is to see you."

The Nine
2007-01-05, 01:10 AM
Of course. If you must know, they have no idea that I'm here. And I expect Destro is not at all happy to see me, but that's because the rest of us don't particularily want him alive.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 01:12 AM
Destro gives Enchantment a dark look. I should kill you. Give me one reason I shouldn't. You're with them, you want me dead! Kenyon, have your gun ready. If I don't like what he's got to say... Destro folds his arms across his chest.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 01:16 AM
Regiji begins to pick his teeth with his free claw while Sal goes back to watching the golems.

The Nine
2007-01-05, 01:21 AM
Oh, You'll like what I say. And no tricks, either, not that they would work. Enchantment smiles. But let's get to the point, shall we? I believe that we should not have come here. It has never been done before, and custom should not be ignored. No, it's not our way to go after someone ourself.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 01:39 AM
So then why are you here?

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 01:39 AM
Regiji nods off while holding Enchantment.

((Looks like Kenyon took off. I guess you can wrap up your dialogue with your own character =P Just NPC Regiji to let him go and/or squish him.))

The Nine
2007-01-05, 02:29 AM
((Alright))
Because they didn't listen. The rule was that we sent someone else, and never went ourselves. We sent a hired assassin. We sent two lessers. We sent a greater. You defeated them all. So Necromancy became annoyed. He brought us here himself.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 02:34 AM
Wait, go back. Necromancy was annoyed? Why? Destro steps closer. This I really must hear.

The Nine
2007-01-05, 02:54 AM
What, you didn't know? Enchantment grins. I'll enlighten you. Necromancy is afraid, Destro. Afraid of you. He laughs. You know what they say. "All those with power?..." He narrows his eyes and stares at Destro. Necromancy has power. And he is afraid of anyone or anything that he thinks might take it.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 03:02 AM
So he thinks I want it? I was perfectly happy without it. I was fine, and you bastards showed up and shocked up my life! Destro clenches his fists, and black flame engulfs them. Keep talking. Maybe you'll say something that saves your ass.

The Nine
2007-01-05, 03:07 AM
I think I will. We never go after somebody personally. Never. Not until now. You are the first person any of us has hated or feared anough to attack personally. And that fear is Necromancies weakness. Use it against him, and he cannot win. Fear may be an intangible weapon, Destro, but it is fear that will win you this fight.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 03:12 AM
Destro narrows his remaining eye. What makes you think I want to win? What makes you think I care for anything any of you does? And more importantly, why should I let you live?

The Nine
2007-01-05, 03:18 AM
Curiosity, Destro. You want to know what will happen. You wonder what it would be like to have more power. And you've let me live thus far. You could have killed me at any time since I showed up, but you didn't. You were curious about what I had to say. Nevertheless, I owe you for keeping me alive thus far. So ask. What do you want from me? Do you need an ally? I will help. My life? it is yours. Take it if you need it.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 03:33 AM
Destro turns. You know too much, Enchantment. You've seen too much. I'm going to have to modify some things before you leave. He grits his teeth and turns back, pointing at Enchantment with a finger wreathed in black flame. But if I hear anything that says you have lied or cheated or bluffed your way out of this I will teach you the meaning of pain. Make no mistake. If you cross me I will find you.