PDA

View Full Version : Destro Yersul's Document Copying

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

The Nine
2007-01-05, 03:37 AM
I will not forget. When you best Necromancy you will have bested us all. He is the strongest, and it is him you must watch out for. Enchantment looks up at Regiji. I must not be found here. If you would kindly let me down I will be on my way, and no-one need know I talked to you.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 04:26 AM
Fine. When you leave here, you will remember hree things, and three things only. You will remember that I let you live, you will remember that you have agreed to help, and you will remember what will befall you if you don't. Destro shifts his attention. Regiji, drop him. Because Regiji is currently in NPC mode, he complies.

The Nine
2007-01-05, 04:29 AM
Enchantment quickly steps away from Regiji. I take my leave. We shall meet again Destro. And he is gone.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 04:30 AM
Just before Enchantment can leave Destro completes the spell he had been holding back for the right moment. Enchantment's memories of the meeting are re-written to Destro's specifications, preventing him from giving the Nine anything important.

Rebonack
2007-01-05, 12:16 PM
"Well, that was exciting. I suppose we'll be on our way then," Regiji indicates Regiji with one claw. "Just give me a call when you're ready to begin the attack."

Regiji and Regiji both vanish.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-05, 12:59 PM
((Alright. I'm going out today, new job and all, so there will unfortunately be no plot for today. It's also possible that there will be no plot Saturday or Sunday either, as I'm working those days as well))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-05, 05:39 PM
((In that case...))

SASO leaves. Somehow.

((I don't know how, just make something up in your head!))

Kenyon
2007-01-05, 06:43 PM
Kenyon, not being the fancy-schmancy magic type that everyone else is, remains stuck in Destro's demirealm. Just as well, though. He does need to go ahead and finish work on the Infinite's guns.

Kenyon
2007-01-07, 10:45 AM
Kenyon's player really hates to double post, but when two days have passed, He prays the gods of the Town will give him a pardon on this one.

Kenyon sits on the Infinite's railing, observing his teams doing the last bit of work on the guns and ammo. He seems proud of how quickly they've managed to complete their task, but in the meantime, he's been a bit bored, as well. With Jackie and Darryl concentrating on their jobs, and no one else to talk to, cabin fever seems to be setting in on him a bit.

"...'n I could really use a beer, too..."

After a while, an idea strikes him.

Kenyon digs through Destro's workshop. Surely a man like him with a history of collecting magical items is bound to have some kind of teleporting doohickey hiding around. He first picks up a small wand, and gives it a flick.

"TELEPOR-GAH!" A large fireball shoots out of the tip of the wand, smacking a golem square in the chest, blowing it to pieces.

"Ooops! Hope nobody of note saw that..."

He rummages around some more, before coming up with another wand. "TELEPORT!" he shouts, flicking the wand. Not noticing any effect, he flicks it a few more times. "...damn thing must be broken." He looks at a nearby mirror, and finds that his hair has turned bright pink.

"Dammit!" He flicks the wand again, and it turns burnt orange. Another flick, navy blue. A few more flicks, and it winds up brown. A shade lighter than usual, but close enough.

With a massive amount of magical items for Kenyon to try, this could take a while.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-08, 03:02 AM
((Hi again everybody. I'm sorry I haven't been on lately, but, as previously explained, work is calling. At least I like my job. Anyways, My next day off is thursday, so if anyone involved with my plot could send my a PM or something I think I can find time tomorrow or the next day to reply. Organization of plots shall commence! That is all))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-10, 10:30 PM
((Ok, so fun time is tommorrow. Well, tommorrow for me. And so....))

Destro comes back from wherever he was hiding doing wizardly things and looks over Infinite. Hrafn flies over from a workbench and perches on his shoulder. Soon we'll be rid of them, my friend. Then we can live in safety. I hate all this hiding. It reminds me too much of... back then. Destro smiles at his ship. Let's get her equipment loaded, shall we? He walks up to the deck and stands at the helm, watching the continuing work. Completed cannons and other weapons have been placed in their proper places. The weapons locker is full, and rations for the living have been loaded. A pair of ballistas sit on the main deck, mounted on swivel bases. We'll give the Nine a nasty surprise with this. Destro grins widely and looks around with his one good eye. Right there, at that moment, he looks every bit the commander of a ship.

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 10:31 PM
((*Pushes Destro over to his trial))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 03:07 PM
Destro is making a few final adjustments to the various pieces of equipment on Infinite. When Kenyon shows up it will be on the main deck, right in front of Destro.

Kenyon
2007-01-11, 03:09 PM
Kenyon *BAMF!*s in about 3 feet above the deck.

"Awww, sonofa-"*THUD!*

He gets up, rubbing his face. "Dammit, Destro, I think the calibration on your spells is a little off..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 03:11 PM
Destro looks up from the fine tuning he was doing to one of the ballistas. Yeah, the papers have never been very precise. It was the only way I could find you though, without leaving here. He grins widely. Good to see you again. Care for a drink before I begin my barrage of questioning?

Kenyon
2007-01-11, 03:12 PM
Kenyon shakes his head. "Nah, I think I've been asleep enough for the week."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 03:15 PM
Ok then, barraging shall commence. First of all, I'd like to know exactly what weapons you had built and where they are. Second, I need you to show all the skeletons how they work.

((Infinite has space for sixty guns. Two gun decks, fifteen guns on each side))

Rebonack
2007-01-11, 03:34 PM
Regiji materializes inside the massive cavern, specifically on the deck of the ship. It only takes a moment or two before he spots the Destro.

Incidentally, the laws of probability are currently rolling around on the floor clutching itself after getting sacked in the groin again. The universe finds it refreshing that someone else is being accosted for once.

"I tracked a 'port in and out of Trog's, I take it that was Kenyon being brought here?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 03:42 PM
You assume correctly. Destro casts a glance at the laws of probability. How very interesting.

((Danged internets))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-11, 03:42 PM
SASO is suddenly warped out of Trog's by Plot, and is spat out of a portal, and falls next to Regiji.

Ow. Where the hell am I? Oh here, fine. So its time for Plot action, then?

Kenyon
2007-01-11, 03:45 PM
Kenyon nods. "Well, for the portholes, we've got a standard cannons prepared. Nothin' fancy, but then again, who needs fancy when the standard stuff works so damn well? What we did do, though, is get some specially modified Fireshots and Iceshots to work with a cannon. Since we're talkin' shells almost 10 times bigger than the ones comin' from Soulstriker, I'm sure you can get a general idea of the damage we're lookin' at with those."

"I didn't think these constructs'd be able to work with ranged weapons too well, so I only have a few pistols and rifles to spare, when we sentient beings need 'em."

"And then, on a whim, I went and made this bad boy..." He lets out a sharp whistle. Suddenly, a small rumbling can be heard as something is pushed up on deck.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 03:48 PM
Oh, hells yes. Destro rubs his hands together gleefully. This statement is both SASO's answer and an expression of happiness at exceptionally large projectile weaponry.

Rebonack
2007-01-11, 03:50 PM
Regiji looks down his beaklike snout at Omega.

"The attack on the Cornerstone should be starting soonish. Since you deity has a thing for throwing you into death defying situations I would imagine that's why."

He turns his attention back to Destro.

"Sorry about the lack of shielding. The diplomacy thing didn't go over too well. The representative for Mu wasn't about to give up the secrets on their newest toys."

Regiji shrugs apologetically.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-11, 03:54 PM
To Regiji: Technically, he's not my deity. He's just a universal and all-powerful being who likes to bully me, and smack me around for his own amusement.

To Destro: So how strong can we expect theor defenses to be?
Think one will escape and be a recurring villain?

Kenyon
2007-01-11, 03:55 PM
A pair of golems finally manage to push the object onto the deck. It appears to be two large cannons, fused together.

"This, in my personal opinion, has potential to become one of the nastiest pieces of anti-personnel weaponry to date. The concept is to take one of these..." Kenyon holds up a pair of cannonballs attached to each other with a large steel chain. "And load one up into each barrel. Then, you fire into the nearest pile of enemies you can find. Then, the shots and the chain'll cut through them faster than a chainsword."

He smiles and pats the cannon. "It's a design I'd heard was bein' tried back in Sarundia before I left, but the guy who designed it couldn't get the barrels to fire simultaneously. Only thing he hit on it's test run was a chimney and a cow. I'm hopin' that I managed to take care of that little flaw."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 03:58 PM
Excellent. Destro grins at the cannons. Chain it to the main deck on one side, in between the ballistas. He nods to Regiji. That's alright. We'll do without. Rule number 29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemies enemy. No more, no less. Oh, probably. This last is in answer to SASO.

Rebonack
2007-01-11, 04:08 PM
Regiji looks somewhat sheepish at Omega's response. Seeing a large dragony thing look sheepish is quite an interesting sight to behold.

"I'll remember that, I'm sorry." he then turns his attention to Destro. "True enough. Though rest assured that I'll still be more than happy to render my services. When do you think that the attack will begin?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 04:21 PM
We're setting out as soon as that gun is stowed. It's time. Destro climbs the steps to the helm. Damn the torpedoes. He grins and pulls a lever next to the main wheel.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-11, 04:25 PM
SASO goes wherever he should stand, and does whatever he's supposed to be doing.

Blood
2007-01-11, 04:26 PM
Dragon falls back to sleep in Destro's study, halfway out-of-time for Destro's huge plot.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-11, 04:30 PM
The huge portals at either end of the water filled pit the ship is resting in spark to life. Destro pulls another lever, and Infinite glides forward. The prow passes through the portal just ahead. Here we go. Destro grins as the ship slides through the portal. You guys know the drill. Lets do this. And then they're gone from the workshop, the portals closing silently behind them.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 06:49 PM
Destro pops into existence in his study, next to the sleeping Dragon. He sits at the desk and shifts a stack of papers out of the way. This causes a seperate stack of papers to fall to the floor with a *whump* Destro grumbles about desks that are too small and leaves them there.

Blood
2007-01-12, 06:54 PM
Dragon wakes up immediately at the noises, and starts turning into Destro. "There you are! Where were you for so long?" He notices his scales fading and chooses a better course. "Nevermind. Can you fix me?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 06:56 PM
Taking care of business. Sorry it took so long. Destro opens one of the desk drawyers and rummages through it. As for fixing you, I'll certainly try. He comes up with a key and pockets it.

Blood
2007-01-12, 06:58 PM
Dragon ignores Destro's affairs, knowing it'll keep him like this longer, and he whimpers at the thought. "Have any ideas? I honestly don't..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 07:03 PM
No. Needless to say there are so many magical effects on you that probably the best I could do would be dispelling them all at the same time, and I have no idea what that would do. Destro closes the drawyer and stands. Dragon may notice that Destro has a new ring. Necromancy isn't very useful for this sort of thing.

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:06 PM
Dragon winces slightly. "Magic has some weird effects on me. I should really stop getting enchanted so much." He thinks for a moment. "Forget it, just dispel, and we'll see what happens." He tries to rustle his wings in preparation, but realizes they aren't there.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 07:10 PM
Ok. Let's see if this works. Destro holds his hand out, palm up. A small globe of nothingness forms in it. He drops his hand, and all magical energy in the room starts being sucked into the globe. Random magical doohickeys cease to function. A series of clicks sound as the security precautions on the desk temporarily deactivate. The winds of magic rush through the room, all trying to fill the one space in the room that magic doesn't exist.

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:13 PM
Dragon yelps in pain once before disappearing spontaneously.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 07:15 PM
Destro starts, then reaches out and grabs the globe. It immediately dissapates. Uhh, Dragon? All the magic in the room starts functioning again.

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:17 PM
"I'm okay, I just had a weird reaction to that spell. I'm invisible. I think."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 07:20 PM
Well, I can't see you. Remind me not to do that again. Destro decides to try and find another way to fix Dragon. I'll bet Enchantment could do it, if he's not still out cold. He scowls. Though I trust him about as far as I could throw my house without magic.

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:22 PM
Dragon flickers back into sight, and immediately snakes his long neck around to look at himself. He sees that he isn't morphing into Destro. "Awesome. You fixed me!" He looks very pleased. "Now my only problem is my impaired growth, really. Oh well. Thanks Destro!"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 07:24 PM
Well that's very weird. Destro checks to see if Dragon is still a tangle of different spell effects. It's good that you're fixed though. He grins.

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:28 PM
Indeed he is, as he is still a genetically and magically morphed dragon. Though some of the twisted strands seem to have gone. "I wish I could stay, but I've got some twins to stop. Hopefully I can visit soon." He waits for Destro to say goodbye, then walks out and takes off into the sky.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-12, 07:31 PM
Goodby Dragon. Destro sincerely hopes that Dragon can find a way off his Demiplane, since he left before Destro could shift the house. Destro shifts the house back to its original location with a thought. He includes Dragon in the planeshift, mostly because he wants to make absolutely sure he gets to where he's going. This completed, he pops back to Trog's.

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:33 PM
Dragon smiles and leaves, though he stumbles when he shifts planes. He takes off and flies away into the distance.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-13, 03:12 AM
Destro pops into existence. His large stack of books is waiting for him. He pulls one off the top and starts reading it, grinning like a madman the whole time.

((G'night all!))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:23 AM
Destro steps up to his house and grins at it. He turns around and waits for Murelia.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 07:28 AM
Murelia floats after him.

This is your home, my lord? And am I allowed to inquire where I should stay when you're sleeping?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:33 AM
Yes, this is where I live. I've got a guest room, if you want. I find I don't sleep much, so I'm usually in the study. Destro steps into the air, and floats there. Only one thing you've got to know about my place. If it looks dangerous, it probably is.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 07:39 AM
I undertsand, my lord. And I will use the guest room, anytime I need to sleep. Just call me when you are in need of my help, my lord.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:42 AM
Allright. I'll show you around. Destro floats up to the house and goes inside. He opens all the doors in the hall so that they can be seen into.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 07:44 AM
Murelia looks up and sighs.

My lord, I can't float higher than 10 feet, I need another mode of access.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:48 AM
Step on the teleporter. It'll bring you up. Destro points at an unadorned platform of grey stone on the ground under the house.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 07:50 AM
Murelia steps on the teleporter.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:01 AM
Said teleporter brings Murelia up into the main hall, where Destro is waiting. This is my study. He points at the room to the left. The workshop is the room to the right. Probably shouldn't go in there. As he says this a skeletal hand reaches out of the workshop and pulls the door closed. The door after that is the living room. You can use it if you need to. Good for thinking in. Ummm... Destro walks down the hall.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 08:21 AM
Murelia follows him (sorry for the delay)

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:25 AM
((S'allright))
That's storage. This is the guest room. Destro pushes the door open furthur. This is where you'll be staying. There isn't really anything upstairs, so I won't bother going up there. That concludes the tour. Any questions? He steps back from the door to allow easy access.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 08:29 AM
Not at all, my lord.

Murelia enters the guest room while walking backwards, not showing Destro her back.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:33 AM
Good. I'll talk to you again at a later time. Destro walks back to his study and goes inside. He sits at his desk and begins reading.

((I'm out. 5:30AM here. Need... sleep...))

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 08:38 AM
Murelia goes to bed and starts to sleep.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-19, 02:34 AM
Destro's body pops into existence, holding his head under his arm. Well this is just great. Just great. The body carries the head into the study and puts it on the desk. Then it turns around and starts pulling scrolls of the shelves, encouraged loudly by the head. Left! No, your other left! Not that one, that's summon trout. So is that one. No, too low! One shelf up! This continues for a while, till the body finds the right scroll. It holds it in front of the head, which reads it. Then it puts the head back on its neck. Tissue and bones knit, re-attaching the head. Let's not do that again. Destro tosses the spent scroll in the wastebasket and settles back to read.

((G'night))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-25, 10:26 PM
Not Destro pops into existence and realizes he has only a short time before the probe shows up. He works as quickly as he can, making a set of earplugs that can be set to filter out all noise. Then he puts them into his ears, where they become indistinguishable from an actual ear canal. After assuring his remaining sanity will be preserved he goes into the living room that Destro never uses any more and settles down to read. The probe turns up shortly and continues its recitation of the many things it found over the past week.

((I'm off. Later))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-26, 11:15 PM
I'm going to Trog's. I'll see you there. Not Destro pops out of existence, and Zeemis enthusiastically darts out the door, headed for Trog's. Trog's was not Not Destro's destination.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-26, 11:23 PM
*Atreyu pushes open the door and looks inside, since this building isn't in the middle of the chaos of 6 conversations and 3 plots, he trots inside and looks aorund with a curious "hello?"*

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-26, 11:25 PM
Hrafn flies out of the study and settles on a table in the hall. Hello again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-26, 11:30 PM
*The llama jumps a little, but settle down.* "hello. I was curious if Destro could do some work for me? Is he here?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-26, 11:31 PM
Not at the moment, no. He's got a couple of the nimblewrights trained to make copies now though. And I'm not bad at it myself. Hrafn clicks his beak and turns his head sideways.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-26, 11:38 PM
*Atreyu watches the bird, smiling, wagging especially to hear that Destro's not around*

"Dang it. I did owe him for a prank with some pillows and werefox kits, but I'll come back with some glue or something later. *mischievous snicker* "Oh, um...could you design something to make copies of? Something like a nice poster that catches the attention of people. The circus of the moon had something like that whenever they appeared in Town."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-26, 11:41 PM
Yes, we can do that. What would you like it to say? Hrafn heard about the werefox kit pillows. If he had a mouth he would be smiling very widely. As it is, he has to stick with looking austere and raven-like.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-26, 11:51 PM
"Well, something like "Atreyu, new god of hay! Will restock hay supplies and can probably animate scarecrows if you pray to him." I need to get to word out to the local farmers that I'm watching over them. Well, I'm supposed to, I think. I'm really not sure how all this God stuff works, but I think I'm supposed to have followers or at least supple cants, errr sumpliments ....people who pray to me."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-26, 11:59 PM
Yes, that can be done quite easily. Would you like the RP package or the Standard one? Both can be done. You can think about it if you need to. The living room is quiet this time of day. Quiet most days, in fact.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 12:11 AM
"The RP package sounds good. I've got about 84 GP left. Will that cover it? And what's an RP package?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 12:13 AM
For a friend of Destro? It won't run you much. Maybe around 3 gold for the lot. And the RP package means you get an image too. Standard you just get content.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 12:15 AM
"That's great! I"ll take it. Thank you. Thank you."

*suddenly a burst of anti-continuity pulls a CG version of Atreyu out of the current llama and places him in Sneak's Restaurante for a birthday party*

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 12:19 AM
I'll get the nimblewrights to start on it right away. Hrafn clicks his beak at the anti continuity and flaps his wings a couple times to keep his balance. And it's no problem. Destro talks to me a lot. He doesn't sleep, so he has the time. He's mentioned you a couple times. Says you're the greatest Llama ever.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 12:34 AM
"Wow! The greatest?* *He blushes a bit, but wags happily* "He's a pretty good guy himself. He was trying to help me out of a situation a while ago. He's pretty creative.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 12:37 AM
That's Destro. Always one for helping friends. That story is for him to tell though. I don't go spouting his secrets left and right. And I'll pass along the compliment. Hrafn hops back and forth and pulls a loose feather out.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 12:45 AM
"He must have some sort of story. Something always seemed a little odd about him, but I couldn't put my hoof on it." *Shrugs* "We've all got little quirks and secrets and stuff. I could tell you things about Indurain and Kyrian, things you wouldn't believe."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 12:49 AM
I've been with Destro for a very long time. The limits on what I wouldn't believe are quite high. Hrafn hops to the left. Like the number of "summon trout" scrolls in the study. Have you seen them all? There are a lot. He chuckles in a croaky raven sort of way. I'm sure if you asked he'd tell you his story. He doesn't tell it much, but it explains a lot of the strangeness.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 12:55 AM
"I'll have to ask next time. Hehe. Him and his trout. No I haven't seen the pile of scrolls. Does he have different levels of summon trout, like summon trout 1 or S.T. 4?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 12:59 AM
Everyone loves the trout. There are in fact different power levels of summon trout. better ones produce larger trout. If he ever manages summon trout nine it would likely produce a trout roughly the size of Town. Here, I'll show you the scroll pile. Hrafn hops off the table and flies into the study, where he perches on the desk.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 01:08 AM
*Atreyu can't suppress the giggles of the image of all the Townspeople trying to hold up this giant fish that is about to fall on Town*

*he trots into the study looking around to see the pile*

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 01:13 AM
The pile is not so much a pile as it is several piles spread over three or four sets of shelves. There are scrolls of summon trout, power levels one through five. There are small scrolls, large scrolls, half scrolls, triple scrolls and some scrolls that produce multicoloured bubbles when cast. Sufficed to say, the pile is big. See? He makes them on his spare time. I swear they've started to multiply. Hrafn peers at the pile of scrolls. I'm sure those five weren't there last time I was in here.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 01:18 AM
*now the llama burst out into a laughing fit* "Maybe they're swimming north to the bookshelf for mating season."

"yikes, I'm getting laugh happy tired. I'd better find a place to sleep for the night"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 01:20 AM
Hrafn clicks his beak and tries unsuccessfully to hide his amusement at the current situation. You can always use the living room. Destro won't mind.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-27, 01:29 AM
*He yawns* "That'd be great. If I wake up next to werefox pillows, he's a dead man though. *Atreyu smiles and sleepily trots over to comfy spot on the floor and lays down, pulling out a blanket and wrapping it over himself*

Goodnight, hrafn"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 01:34 AM
Goodnight Atreyu. Hrafn shakes his head at the irony of the "dead man" statement and puts his head under his wing.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-27, 04:42 AM
Later:

Destro's player, Destro, and a large golem start being in the study. Destro's player turns himself undetectable, removes the stasis effect from Destro and the golem, and steps through the fourth wall. Destro looks a little confused at no longer being in the tavern, but adapts quickly. He does this by reading.

((G'night all))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-28, 12:24 AM
*Atreyu wakes up, looks around and trots out after thanking Hrafn or Destro or anyone he can find for letting him sleep there.*

Blood
2007-02-13, 05:12 PM
A note materializes in Destro's study, and sits on his desk. It is in a familiar handwriting.

I want you to know that I remembered to follow your advice, and I killed the triplets. As you read this, I'm probably dead. I'm too weak, and even creating this note and sending it with my already weakened mind will take a while to transport. I am happy, and I know I have done Good.

Thank you, for everything.

-Dragon

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-13, 06:29 PM
Hrafn hops over to the note. He tilts his head to one side and reads it. I wonder what Destro will think of this... He flies up to his perch and searches for Destro with his mind. That's odd. Where is he? His search grows more frantic, till he finds something. Something that is Destro, but isn't at the same time. A strange lurking presence, centered on Trog's...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-13, 11:24 PM
*Atreyu knocks at the front door, then pushes it open and peeks inside*

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-13, 11:29 PM
Hrafn, hearing the door open and the knocking, hops out into the hall. Hello Atreyu, how are you?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-13, 11:35 PM
I'm doing well. I've been learning to sing. I've got a song for a lovely half-firebird, that I'm dying to try out. But I was wondering how the copies were going?

(sorry Destro, I need the sleepy. I'll be here tomorrow, so feel free to post)

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-13, 11:55 PM
They're doing well. We've got most of them done. Didn't know where to find you though, and our player's been so busy lately... But enough about that. Would you like to see them?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-14, 07:01 AM
*nods excitedly,* Yes, please!

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-14, 07:06 AM
Alright. This way. Hrafn leads the way into the study.

((And I just realized what time it is. I have to go. Sorry))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-14, 07:32 AM
(me too.)

*The llama follows him into the study, wagging all the while, hummming a tune as he goes.*

Rebonack
2007-02-14, 09:58 PM
Regiji walks up to the gong outside of Destro's place of business and rings it.

"Heh... This was actually the first place I visited when I came to Town..."

Lord Magtok
2007-02-14, 10:01 PM
Agent Omega shows up close behind him.

I hope he's in a coma for now. Then I might get to finish the second chapter before we go.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-15, 03:20 AM
((Sorry I wasn't on. I had work today. Work is tommorrow, too. I think I have Sunday off...))

Hrafn searches through a pile of papers for the posters. A nimblewright pokes its head out to see if Magtok and Regiji are still there.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-15, 11:41 AM
(no worries. I have no qualms about making continuity cry on occassion.)

Lord Magtok
2007-02-15, 03:40 PM
((We'll try to get the thing on Sunday, then. Maybe Saturday, if you're around. Me, I'm around from 5 PM EST to at the most 2 AM EST if I'm I'm involved in a big Plot or something.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-15, 06:04 PM
(gone till monday. Sorry Destro)

Lord Magtok
2007-02-18, 08:47 PM
Agent Omega finally finishes the entire "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" and wonders if Regiji is still awake.

Hey Regiji, you still here?

After not getting a response, he puts away the book, and heads to Trog's.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-20, 01:25 PM
*Atreyu stares over the shoulder (?) of the bird at the different posters, wagging excitedly*

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-20, 11:30 PM
Here it is. Let me know if you want anything changed. This is the master copy, so any changes to this one will affect all the others. We can keep it safe here, or you can keep it safe in whatever fashion suits you. Hrafn tugs at on of the posters with his beak, and it slides off the pile to rest in front of the llama.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/ArtemistheHunter/Llamaposter.png
What do you think? The raven seems extremely pleased with itself.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-21, 10:29 PM
( a happier non-shadowy Atreyu)

*He bleats in overwhelming joy at the poster and attempts to hug the raven*
"Its great! Its wonderful. Its sure to attract followers. I bet the prayers will start pouring in. Thank you. Thank you."

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-22, 02:05 AM
Hrafn somehow avoids being crushed by the LLama hug. It was no problem. Like I said, friend of Destro. Enjoy! Once Atreyu has finished hugging him he flies up the his perch above the door and preens.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 02:14 AM
"Thanks. I'd better go, so I can get continuity back in order. Take care."

*With that, Atreyu leaves.*

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-24, 02:19 AM
I will. Goodbye until later Atreyu. Hrafn clicks his beak and pushes his head under his wing to sleep.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 07:24 PM
A certain beaten-up Traveler walks into Destro's house and begins looking for a certain glove-box.

He hopes the universe hasn't gone crying to anyone due to his earlier abuse of it.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 07:25 PM
The glove box is not very conspicuous to anyone who isn't looking for it. It's sitting on a side table in the front hall, next to a coat rack. Hrafn is sitting on top of it, preening. Hello. He says. The hall, if I haven't detailed it before, is pretty nicely decorated. Tapestries, suits of armour on pedestals and bookcases line the walls.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 07:33 PM
Maph'tey is completely unfazed by the talking bird. He has, thus far, seen much, much stranger things during stay in Town. He does, however, silently curse the fact that the critter is sitting, probably guarding, what he's after.

If Maph'tey weren't so intent on his goal he would likely take time to admire the interior decorating. Suffice to say that his own home back in Dead Space looks pretty spiffy as well.

"Hi there," Maph'tey responds. And now he makes up a lie, and makes one up quick. "The Town police have been having all sorts of trouble with too many criminals and too few officers. So we were wondering if you guys do wanted posters and stuff like that."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 07:34 PM
We do posters of all kinds. What sort of design were you thinking of? Hrafn ceases his preening and tilts his head to one side.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 07:39 PM
"Just your average sort. The words 'Wanted' in big bold letters. A picture of the people we're after and the price we're willing to pay for their bounty," Maph'tey pauses for a moment. "You know, I want to admit that this isn't the only reason I'm here today. I figure you're Destro's familiar and so this would be a good question for you. Have you noticed him acting strange...er as of late?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 07:43 PM
Should be no problem. And as for the second question... Hrafn hops forward, now standing just in front of the boss. Yes. He's been far less interested in trout lately. This is followed by a croaking laugh. That's the least of it though. Hardly ever talks to any of us anymore. He just sits in his study reading old-looking books. Oldest friend indeed... The bird is clearly more than a little annoyed at being ignored by his master.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 07:47 PM
"Are you... aware that Destro murdered a man who was just sitting at his table eating some soup at Trog's a few nights ago? He caused all the blood in his body to explode out. Then he turned him into a wight," Maph'tey seems uncomfortable recounting the graphic scene. "I was told by the... head fish that this is far from normal behavior for Destro, could you corroborate that?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 07:50 PM
So you were talking to the trout about that then? I'd heard of it. Yes, that's quite unusual. Used to be that he waited to be attacked before unleashing the doom magic... Hrafn pauses thinking. I was wondering where that wight had come from, you know. It's that damned book he found, I tell you.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 07:56 PM
"I see. Would you mind showing me the book? I was asked by Destro to help him, and asked in a rather fearful sounding voice I might add, a few moments before he exploded recently. I must admit I feel inclined to do so," Maph'tey sighs. "He's a likable guy when he isn't, you know, going insane and killing a few dozen people in the Slums."

Nevrmore
2007-04-14, 07:57 PM
((If Ivor and Maph'tey ever get in a real fight, I'm going to make Ivor's last words be "help me", too.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 08:03 PM
((Hey! Those are MY last words! :smallbiggrin::smallwink:))

I'll agree to that. He's got the book in his study, no doubt. On one of the bookshelves. No head for security, that man... Hrafn flaps a couple times before taking off, flying slowly down the hall.

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 08:11 PM
((But Maph'tey thinks Ivor is a poopy head. He has yet to see any quality in him that is admirable.))

The Traveler takes this opportunity to do several things.

First, he knocks the local Continuum upside the head, effectively freezing time. Due to his rather exotic nature being frozen in time does little to dissuade him. Except if it's dead time, but that's a different beast all together.

He then extends his not-bothered-by-time-being-frozeness around Destro's glove box and sticks it, while time is still frozen mind you, into his satchel. He then replaces it with an identical glove box which he creates on the spot.

At this point the local Continuum comes around, wondering what the hell just brained it.

"Hopefully it will make some sense out of what's been wrong with him," Maph'tey replies as he follows the raven. Oddly enough, he looks somewhat winded.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-14, 08:14 PM
Yes, hopefully. The suits of armour turn their helmets to watch Maph'tey as he goes along. This has nothing to do with the glovebox, it's just what they do.

((The book is a copy of Libris Mortis that belonged to the old Necromancy. Hrafn will explain this, as well as where Destro got it (Necromancy's tower). Unfortunately I have to go now, so you're free to draw your own conclusions))

Rebonack
2007-04-14, 08:27 PM
Maph'tey looks over the book extensively, rather sickened by the contents. Ruin, however, finds it rather amusing. After a fair degree of scrutinization he thanks Hrafin and heads back to the station with the intention of stowing the glovebox in his desk until Destro's player returns.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-23, 02:51 PM
*Atreyu decides to stop in and see how everyone is doing.*

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-23, 11:14 PM
((Aww man, I missed Llama! Curse you RL! Curse you I say!!))

Hrafn, noticing that Atreyu is back, flies over to say hi. Hello Llama, how are you?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-24, 12:24 AM
(cursed RL...I am getting to bed after this)

"hiya Hrafn. I'm doing okay. I was just wandering and wanted to see how you were doing?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-24, 12:37 AM
((So am I. Work tomorrow and all :smallannoyed:))

Very well, thanks. Found a place for those posters yet? Hrafn flies down from his perch and lands on the edge of the closest hall table.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 12:12 AM
Maph'tey is suddenly disgorged out of a rift onto the blasted plane of Destro's realm. On his shirt is a small plastic pin on tag which reads [demiplane].

He glances about, taking in the surroundings.

"Not a particularly cheerful place."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 12:20 AM
((Nice touch with the tag))

[demiplane]

Destro and his rival are easy to spot. Mostly because Destro's rival is a good hundred feet tall.

There is also a little sign next to where Maph'tey happened to show up. It says: "No, it isn't very cheerful at all, is it?"

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 12:26 AM
Maph'tey adjusts his [demiplane] tag to be certain that it's on straight and then leans back, shielding his eyes a bit to gaze up at the top of Destro's towering twin of terror.

"Wow. Though I fail to grasp the reason why a ghost would make itself really big..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 12:30 AM
The sign changes: "because it could" What? It's not a very helpful sign.

The ghost (oddly corporeal at the moment) smashes its really big sword at something on the ground. The something, which happens to be wearing a black cloak, flips out of the way and lands catlike.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 12:36 AM
"You know, to that end I have to wonder how useful necromancy attacks are going to be against a ghost since negative-energy heals them," Maph'tey points out. "Except maybe something like soul bind. Since ghosts are dead and stuff."

He shrugs.

"Or he could just kick him really hard."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 12:41 AM
"Just watch" says the sign.

The black cloaked man on the ground spins around another swing of the gigantic sword. It raises a fist and yells something, lost over distance and the wind whistling over the plane. The ground seems to explode under it and, standing on a chunk of rock, it rises up to the level of the gigantic ghost's head.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 12:47 AM
"Knocking him over the head with a sharp rock is good," Maph'tey points out. "It's a very traditional way of killing stuff you either want to eat or don't like."

His [demiplane] badge flashes in all its plastic glory.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 12:52 AM
[demiplane]

Destro, standing on the rock,ducks under another of the ghosts wild sword swings. His own black dark energy sword flashes into his hand. Unlike when he fought Maph'tey he is at full power, and on his home turf. Suffice it to say that the sword is burning with a rather bright blue flame. The ghost swings again and Destro, and by extension the rock, dodge quickly to the side.

There are, oddly enough, a pair of binoculars next to the sign. Kind of like those ones they have at *insert famous landmark here*, except these ones don't cost five bucks to use.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 12:55 AM
Maph'tey glances between the fight and the binoculars-on-a-post.

"No, that's ok, my Spot modifier is good enough to make things out from here."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 01:03 AM
[demiplane]

The binoculars, saddened, sink into the ground in a morose sort of way. The sign, however, remains.

Destro spins his sword around, blue flame trailing along behind the blade. The ghost swings its greatsword again, this time in a sideways arc. Destro braces himself against his chunk of floating rock and brings his own blade up...

He blocks the ghost's swing, stopping the gigantic sword completely.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 01:07 AM
"Normally I would be quick to point out the fact that violates several laws of physics, but from my past experience with Destro I doubt that matters too much," Maph'tey notes whilst drawing on his memories of mathematical law gibbering during the whole black-hole incident.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 01:13 AM
The sign agrees. "Destro is like that" it says.

The ghost pulls its sword back, confused. There is a notch in the blade. Not a very big notch, but it's there. Destro ducks in while it's distracted and stabs his own sword into one of the gaps between the armour the ghost is wearing. The ghost, naturally, dislikes this. It backhands Destro, who falls off the rock.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 01:24 AM
Maph'tey tracks the plummeting lich with his gaze.

"You know, now would be a good time for gravity to pay attention to something other than Destro," he states. He then decides to help.

He scoops up a handful of gravel and tosses it into the air. Hopefully gravity would become so enamored in making sure all the stones fall in proper parabolic arcs it will forget to insure that Destro hits the ground.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 01:31 AM
[Demiplane]

Gravity takes not of Destro falling. Then it notices there are a number of stones being thrown some distance away. It claps its hands with glee and begins marking down the parabolic arcs required for them to act the way it wants them to act. This of course, distracts it. Being distracted, it doesn't notice that a rather relieved lich is now floating around five feet off the ground. "Nice one" says the sign.

Destro, having lost the rock, allows his sword to dissolve into nothingness as he rises back up to be on par with his evil duplicate. Being a wizard, Destro does what seems best: he starts hurling spells at sDestro. A number of these are blocked by sDestro's oversized greatsword, but some get through. Most of them are of the explosive variety.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 01:43 AM
"It's a good thing that ghost is corporeal," Maph'tey points out. "Otherwise those explosions wouldn't be working quite so well. I would imagine that I would be able to lend a hand, but that seems like it would ruin the mood. You know, veng-"

"What do you want?"

"What?"

"You said 'Ruin'. You want me to nuke that giant thing?"

"No, I don't. I was saying it would ruin the scene if you did."

"Bah, you never let me nuke anything anymore."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 01:51 AM
[Demiplane]
"I feel your pain" says the sign. It's talking to Ruin.

As the ghost brings up a shield to block the spells, it's greatsword shifting into a longsword, another one connects. This one is not of the explosive variety. This one is of the "haha you're tiny now" variety. Needless to say, the ghost is back to being the same size as Destro. Who, by the way, now has his sword back. He has apparently been draing on negative energy to fuel himself, becuase normally he would, you know, be bad with a sword.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 01:59 AM
"I have the feeling that this is about to end very poorly for the evil Destro ghost," Maph'tey predicts.

"It would end much more explosively if I blew him up from here."

"But that would be anticlimactic. The guy with the vendetta is supposed to kill the villain."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 02:13 AM
[Demiplane]

"no one listens to me anymore" is now printed on the sign.

*Clang!* Swords clash together as Destro and the ghost circle each other in midair. *Clang! Clang!* Block and parry, stroke and counterstroke, the blades meet. Destro spins, holding his sword out at arms length. It is met by the blade of sDestro. But Destro was expecting this. His sword flashes bright white for but a moment, shearing clear through the other blade. Destro twirls the sword one last time before embedding it in his opponents chest. His words carry over the plane as the wind suddenly stops. Time to die again. And with that he kicks sDestro off the sword.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 02:19 AM
Across that dusty, wind-swept plane Destro may hear a voice. A voice carried upon the very wings of oblivion. Across the stones it echoes, reverberating with a single demand...

"Cut off his head and spit down his neck!"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 02:29 AM
Unfortunately for Ruin, Destro lost the ability to spit when he became a lich. He twirls the sword one last time for effect, removing sDestro's head with single blow. Gravity takes notice and the headless corpse tumbles to the ground, impacting several seconds later with a loud thump.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 02:32 AM
Maph'tey decides that he doesn't want to be watching from the distance any longer. Thus, he's now not too far from where sDestro discovered that the impulse equation is still working.

This may have had something to do with folding space, but since the laws of physics are currently babbling incoherently to themselves about the whole thing we'll just leave it alone.

"Well, nice to see that this is over."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 02:41 AM
Destro himself drops down from the sky. It's more of a controlled descent though. He lands next to Maph'tey. Hello. Nice of you to drop by. He's not being sarcastic.

Rebonack
2007-04-25, 02:44 AM
"I figured that a spectator would help you slay your evil double with greater speed and efficiency," Maph'tey explains. "Like an undead Mike Mulligan or something."

He kicks the ostensibly non-functioning ghost.

"So... what are you going to do with him now?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-25, 02:52 AM
We are going to do this. Destro reaches down to the corpse and pulls something wispy out. See this? This is whatever fragment of a soul he possessed.