PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help me understand Flaming Homer!

Freylorn
2010-11-19, 06:47 PM
I have a Ravenloft game starting up next week, and I'm planning on playing Person_Man's excellent looking Flaming Homer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4108954&postcount=22) build. However, I'm not quite understanding how Pyrokineticist functions in the build.

As far as I've read in Expanded Psionics Handbook, all you can do with the whip you create as a Pyro is make a ranged touch attack. I don't understand how it's able to be used as a normal weapon, how it's being used to power attack, etc.

Also, Person_Man mentions a FAQ that explains how it's used two-handed, but I can't seem to find it. If someone who's Google-Fu is stronger than mine can help me out there, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you ahead of time!

tyckspoon
2010-11-19, 07:06 PM
The Fire Lash can be used with any feats that can be used with a regular whip. A regular whip is a one-handed melee weapon (with some special requirements, but still a one handed melee weapon.) As a one-handed weapon, you may choose to wield it in two hands. You can also Power Attack with it, at either 1-1 or 2-1 returns depending on how you choose to wield it. Normally that's completely pointless, because whips suck and you'd just be throwing away your BAB to no benefit, but the Fire Lash ability neatly bypasses the limitations on what you can actually hit with a whip.