PDA

View Full Version : Slight speculation regarding prophecy

SamEskenazi
2010-11-19, 06:50 PM
Hi,

My first post here after reading this comic and prowling these boards for so long!

Just a little speculation on the whole 'When the goat turns red strikes true' prophecy (apologies if speculation has already been speculated):

Nale will arrive (Goatee?) as he's expected to at some point, and he'll basically turn around at a dramatically convienent moment and Ian Starshine (or "Red") will "strike true", whether with a huge anti-climax by throwing a rock or by utterly changing the face of the plot with something much more incredible. Like an arrow. Or he'll say something so utterly convincing and powerful that it will sway Nale to spare his brother's life/spare his daughter/save the world.

Morquard
2010-11-19, 07:01 PM
Uhm... that prophecy has been fulfilled 700 strips ago.

Also that was to a time when it was a "joke a day" strip and the overall storyline hadn't been planned yet. There's never been any indication afterwards (like when Roy was dead) that ghosts can see the future, so I wouldn't count on this prophecy ever appearing again.

SamEskenazi
2010-11-19, 07:03 PM
Yes, but I do believe there is still some who think that it hasn't been completed yet; and if so true, damn that'll be interesting.

Yendor
2010-11-19, 07:09 PM
No. It was explicitly stated, in-strip, by the person who made it, that it's done (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0078.html).