PDA

View Full Version : Forced Movement

Zeofar
2010-11-19, 07:36 PM
First, I'm looking for any feats, spells, maneuvers, melds, binds, powers, class abilities, monster abilities, or items that allow one to effect movement on multiple enemies at once à la explosive spell or Melf's Unicorn Arrow, preferably on 3rd or 4th spell level or equivalent. To summarize, I'm trying to find something that forces movement via a failed save or a bull rush (another mechanic would be fine) that would be usable multiple times a day around level 8-10 and affects multiple enemies at once. Homebrew is okay, I guess, but not terribly helpful. If anyone can help me on this I'd be rather thankful.

The only thing quite like I was looking for was Forcewave from the Spell Compendium, but the range was a bit short for my purposes. So, secondly, I'm wondering how exactly Sculpt Spell (CAr) would interact with Forcewave. Can they be used together? Could one turn Forcewave into a Cone or a Ball like this? The primary concern I'm having is the "initiates a bull rush against all enemies within 10 feet" bit.

Lastly, on another note (and as a clarification of the sort effect thing I'm looking for), if anyone can tell me if this is a reasonable for a third level spell I'd also appreciate it.

Evocation [Force]
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 3
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: 30 Feet
Effect: Cone-shaped Burst
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

You release a blast of force that deals 1d6 damage per 3 caster levels (Maximum 5d6). In addition, characters medium or smaller are pushed straight back 1d4*10 feet, and are then knocked prone if they fail a second reflex save.

sonofzeal
2010-11-19, 07:40 PM
"Baleful Transposition" switches places, as a 2nd level Sor/Wiz spell. Getting that off on multiple targets shouldn't be hard, by any number of means. Might not do what you want though.

If all else fails, a "Suggestion" or "Command" works pretty well to get someone to move somewhere.

mootoall
2010-11-19, 07:41 PM
I believe there's a psionic power that does this, though for the life of me I can't remember what it is ... Also, it may not target multiple enemies. Edit: it's an Energy something ....

AslanCross
2010-11-19, 07:49 PM
The feat Shock Wave from Draconomicon bull rushes everyone in the area (which can get quite big), but it only knocks them down and there is the problem of having to be a very large dragon to do it.

I believe there's a psionic power that does this, though for the life of me I can't remember what it is ... Also, it may not target multiple enemies. Edit: it's an Energy something ....

Energy push. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyPush.htm)

Last Laugh
2010-11-19, 08:02 PM
"Baleful Transposition" switches places, as a 2nd level Sor/Wiz spell. Getting that off on multiple targets shouldn't be hard, by any number of means. Might not do what you want though.

If all else fails, a "Suggestion" or "Command" works pretty well to get someone to move somewhere.

This makes me wonder, what does a chained Baleful Transposition do?