PDA

View Full Version : Long Range communication

Cicciograna
2010-11-20, 05:27 AM
Aside from the Sending, with its obvious limitations, could you enumerate me other means of long range communication, be them spells, magic devices, mundane items, etc.?

The spells can be of any level and the magic items can have any cost. Any book source is allowed.

JonRG
2010-11-20, 05:46 AM
A permanent Telepathic Bond (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telepathicbond.htm) works over any distance (on the same plane).

Shademan
2010-11-20, 05:47 AM
powerful longs and good ears

oh wait! DRUMS!

FelixG
2010-11-20, 05:52 AM
Blanket and fire for smoke signals?

Drascin
2010-11-20, 06:10 AM
Aside from the Sending, with its obvious limitations, could you enumerate me other means of long range communication, be them spells, magic devices, mundane items, etc.?

The spells can be of any level and the magic items can have any cost. Any book source is allowed.

There was this magic item that split into several gems that acted pretty much as walkie-talkies. My old party had some. MIC, I think, but I couldn't tell you the name right now.

Zieu
2010-11-20, 08:57 AM
Write a letter :smallsmile:

There was this magic item that split into several gems that acted pretty much as walkie-talkies. My old party had some. MIC, I think, but I couldn't tell you the name right now.

Sending Stones, p. 184 MIC.

KillianHawkeye
2010-11-20, 12:28 PM
I usually have a guy using a crystal ball w/ telepathy to contact the party when they need instructions about their next task.

Darrin
2010-11-20, 12:34 PM
The MIC has Rings of Communication, Sending Stones, Linked armor/shield enhancement, and maybe a couple others, but they all have limitations on range or uses per day.

Aspect Mirror (4000 GP, Complete Scoundrel p. 113) trumps them all with continuous audio/visual anywhere on the current plane.

bloodtide
2010-11-20, 04:01 PM
Animals are good for communication, with speak with animals.

Summoned creatures also work great. You can get all sorts of monsters that can move fast, or even teleport.

And you can easily have teleporting messengers.