PDA

View Full Version : The Docks VII

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Lykan
2006-12-08, 12:39 AM
A man, similar to Lykan in looks but not in age (looking to be about 25), stands not far off, wearing the taned hide and woven vines normally seen on the wolfpeople that used to occupy the village. He smiles slightly at Mhina

Mhina
2006-12-08, 12:41 AM
Mhina's eyes narrow suspiciously, Who are you?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 12:43 AM
The Lykan-lookalike sighs and sits on the ground next to Mhina, looking out at sea

I am fourteen generations Lykan's grandfather... And the reason you are both werewolves.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 12:47 AM
Mhina backs away from him quickly as she finally recognizes him, Remus!

Lykan
2006-12-08, 12:48 AM
Remus sighs

Yes?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 12:50 AM
Mhina has produced a dagger and seems confused by the fact that Remus hasn't made an offensive move.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 12:52 AM
Remus looks up at Mhina

Think, Mhina. There is a Remus if this world, and a Remus of the mirror world. Which one do you think I am?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 12:54 AM
Mhina shakes her head, I CAN'T think anymore! Too many things have happened...I've been haunted by Remus' footsteps since I brought Lykan's mother to this world...and now it's been for nothing!

Lykan
2006-12-08, 12:58 AM
Remus gives her a look pleading her to calm down

Lykan's brother and mother still live. The ones you brought to this world, I mean.

He takes a step closer to her

You can hurt me... You can even kill me. I don't have enough worshipers to be a god anymore. I am a just a mortal now.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:01 AM
Mhina continues to back away from him. Why are you here?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:05 AM
Remus keeps his gaze set on Mhina

Lykan asked me... If he ever died again to make sure you were alright until he could come back again. He chose a few others as well, but they've found that I might be best to comfort you because I... Well... Look very much like he does.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:07 AM
Mhina shakes her head, It doesn't help...you just remind me of yourself.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:08 AM
Remus sighs, finally breaking eye contact to look out at the sea again

I'm sorry then... Would you like me to go?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:10 AM
Mhina looks down at the snow and sighs, I don't know anymore...

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:15 AM
You do know. You just need to take a deep breath and try to think...

Remus's form begins to fade

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:17 AM
She looks up at him, I... she can't seem to find the words and just looks away.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:22 AM
Remus fades a bit more away, placing a semitransluscent hand on Mhina's shoulder

I'm sorry.

He shifts to wolf form, and backs away a bit

Take the sword and the sack with you. Do not look inside the sack. Find an artificer, they will be able to help you. Or find that sword in a book.

Remus sighs

Don't give up Mhina. Never, ever give up.

He dissipears

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:24 AM
Mhina stares over at the sword and sack. She just sits there, not sure if she should even move toward them.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:28 AM
Well, go on, then. A new voice calls out from the buildings behind her

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:29 AM
Mhina looks toward the voice, a new dagger appearing in her hand.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:33 AM
A small, reddish black wyvern-like creature glides down from the building where his voice came from. The creature stops a few feet short of Mhina, it's oorange eyes gazing at her curiosly

I'd tell you to chill, but as an ice goddess, I think you have that covered.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:35 AM
Mhina scowls at the creature, obviously not amused by it's joke, What do you want, thing?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:38 AM
I want you, like the rest of the group that your boyfriend through together, to take those things with you and go home.

He raises a scaley eyebrow at Mhina

Thing?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:40 AM
Mhina scowls down at it, Yes, thing. And that's not changing. She stands and moves toward the two items, nonetheless.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:42 AM
The little dragon looks amused

Alright, treat the only thing in existance your fiance worshipped besides you like a "thing." Don't really care. Just get home with your family.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:44 AM
Mhina glares back at the 'thing.' A god, she sneers at it. Aren't you a bit...tiny?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:47 AM
The little dragon grins and rolls onto his back

What's wrong with being tiny?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:49 AM
Mhina scowls at the dragon, A lot...you can't do anything for anyone... She picks up the bag and the sword.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 01:56 AM
The dragon flips onto his feet again

Well... You misunderstand the powers of a small cuddly friend, then.

He shakes his head

Though if you insist...

The dragon is consmed in fire, his body charcoals, and reforms into a man.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/My%20avis/Svarog.gif

That better?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 01:57 AM
Mhina looks to him again. No.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 02:02 AM
The man rolls his eyes, muttering something under his breath

Well... You got that then? Because I'm enjoying this visit with Lykan's esteemed fiance as much as I like taking baths in acid.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 02:04 AM
Mhina scowls at him, coldly, You shouldn't have even shown up. I don't want any of you, so why don't you tell your buddies to stay away from me as well! She hugs the bag much like a child would a stuffed animal when afraid.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 02:06 AM
The man turns and begins to walk away, fading as he does so

Sheesh, sorry for helping you, then.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 02:08 AM
Oh yea...big help...next time I need to do nothing I'll call you to 'help.' She heads toward the town.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-08, 09:47 AM
Alex wakes up from his trance and looks around, his gaze finally settling on Fenrir's body. He winces at the thought of what he did yesterday, he lifts the body onto his shoulder and disappears in a swirl of fire.

Xiagu
2006-12-08, 04:19 PM
A ripple far out on the water approaches the docks, turning into a colossal elsewhale, which swims up to docks apparently deep enough for it. Its four passengers, Xiagu, a half-elf wizard with a shocker lizard wrapped around her shoulders like an exotic neclace, a human cleric and a huge dire tiger disembark. The elsewhale promptly reverts to a human druid.

"Getting there is half the fun, my foot. And speaking of feet, yours need a wash." Hekaryl says to Xiagu, shaking the water from her hair. She stalks past him, muttering 'lunkhead' as she passes. The tiger follows her.

Xiagu sighs, and the rest of the group walks off.

Hawkeye
2006-12-09, 07:54 PM
Hawkeye enters in the dock area and walks over to the remains of the Midgard. He sits down "Loki, goddamn you..."

Hawkeye disappears in a cloud of purple smoke

Renrik
2006-12-10, 05:56 PM
((I'm going to assume that Xerillium has abandoned the battle in the docks and his ships have retreated. If so, the goblins do not give chase.))

Gemini
2006-12-12, 03:56 PM
Gemini walks into the docks. Looking around. He sighs, then walks back to the Heaven's Mercenaries guild.

Xerillum
2006-12-12, 10:02 PM
A goblin on shore aims a crossbow at the kender and tells him to get away from the docks, as volunteers from the goblin ranks go up to fix them.

The goblins on the ships take some casualties, but the ships are now even with the dwarven ships. The goblins, almost all sailors, the vast majority of whom have a deal of combat experience, begin leaping across the gap on ropes, knives clutched in their teeth and other weapopns on their belts. Others dive into the water and dissapear for a short time, only to come up on the other side of the boat and climb up it's less defended side and onto the deck or into port holes.

On deck, the goblins close in on the dwarves. Once battle is joined, their tactic will be for one to trip the dwarf and the other to cut him.

Below decks, they do everything they can to wreak havoc.

the Dwarven Fleet sinks towards the bottom, save the Reaver. but in a flash, a large explosion sends water into the sky, and the Reaver sinks to the depths. there are no survivors among the dwarves.

Renrik
2006-12-13, 02:31 PM
Durkaal, from on shore, looks out onto the bay:

Dear gods... there were still people on the boats...

He runs towards the shore

Come on! Search for survivors! They'll not last long wounded and out on the waves the way they are! Come on!

The GSA volunteers on shore man small boats, rowing out to the sinking wrecks, and there pulling any survivors from the water. They carry back only a few in each boat, most badly wounded. The survivors are treated on the shore; the trip to the safehouses is too long for some of them.

The boats go out gain and again, but each time, return only with bodies, not survivors.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 12:32 AM
In a small, nondescript building in the Docks area, Jackie and Darryl, who's back after mysteriously disappearing for almost a week, are busy with house work.

"So, where the heck HAVE you been the past few days, Darryl?"

"You know? I"m not really sure. One minute, I'm on my way to Inari's to help get a healer for Kenyon, next thing I know, I'm back here, several days later."

"Weird..."

Suddenly, the NPCs' front door is broken open, and a shadowy looking figure with broken wings stands in the doorway. Darryl grabs an ornate pistol, while Jackie readies her daggers.

Suddenly, the figure collapses to the floor. As the NPCs get closer, they see that it's actually Kenyon. He's been shot repeatedly, and is severely waterlogged. The wings of his flight pack seem to have been broken in several places, and it doesn't look as though they can be repaired.

"Ken? What the hell?"

"Mr. Kenyon!"

They quickly pick up Kenyon, and carry him to Darryl's bed. Jackie immediately works on picking the bullets out of Kenyon's wounds, while Darryl pulls off his clothes, and prepares dry ones for him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 01:37 AM
The armoured man stomps onto the docks, boards creaking beneath the weight of his armour. He seems to be looking for something.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 01:42 AM
Whatever wacky instruments the armored man is using, they seem to lead him to a random, nondescript house in the middle of the Docks. Its door has been kicked in.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 01:44 AM
The armoured man looks inside.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 01:47 AM
He can hear metal clinking around in the bedroom offscreen.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 01:49 AM
Hello? The armour clicks and stops humming.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 01:53 AM
The clicking suddenly stops, and Darryl leans out from the bedroom doorway, still holding his pistol.

"Who's there?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 01:57 AM
Mr. Paradox the walking armoury. The armoured man steps inside. Have you seen Kenyon?

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 01:59 AM
Darryl breathes a sigh of relief. "Oh, Mr. Destro. Thank goodness you're here. Yes, Mr. Kenyon's in the back. Jacqueline just finished patching him up. Do you know what happened to him?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 02:03 AM
I heard he jumped into the ocean.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 02:09 AM
Darryl looks a bit flustered.

"Okay, that explains the water, now would like to explain why he's riddled with bullet holes?"

Jackie walks out, her hands covered in blood. "He's in a bad way, but I think he should be alright." She looks at the armored man. "Oh, hey, Destro. Didn't hear you come in."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 02:13 AM
He was being chased prior to jumping into the water. By the police I think. There were four other people there, but they didn't say much. While he's talking fDestro pulls a biofoam injector out of one of his belt pouches. He hands it to Jackie. Kenyon knows what this stuff is. It should help.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 02:17 AM
((Alright, exhaustion is finally taking over. Jackie and Darryl will continue to ask question until they're caught up to the best of Destro's abilities, then continue to finish patching up Kenyon. Catch you tomorrow!))

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-14, 02:24 AM
((Kdokey. G'night Kenyon))

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:20 AM
Nukular walks around the docks, mainly to keep himself busy. He is slowly growing mad with boredom, but without anything to kill, there's not much he can do. ...I wonder how many dockworkers I can kill in sixty seconds...

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:42 AM
He left the docks, growing bored. But, he showed self-restraint during his stay, as none of the dock workers ended up being ripped in half.

Renrik
2006-12-14, 01:28 PM
The GSA have refortified this area, and have posted posters advocating the Cause of the Goblin Labor Party.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-14, 03:06 PM
Kethemar glides down from the air, landing on one of the docks. He looks about for a moment, getting a feel for those around him. He walks over to the edge of the docks and sits down, letting his feet dangle into the water. He sighs, "It has been far to long since I have last been near the ocean and flown above its waters... I am glad that I shall be able to do so once more." He sat for a few moments, staring out at the open sea, then stood and took flight once more, flying high towards the open waters.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 05:26 PM
Kenyon's eyes creak open, and he finds himself in Jackie and Darryl's home. Jackie and Darryl seem to have fallen asleep next to the bed he was resting in.

"H-hey, are y'all alright?"

Darryl wakes up, and sees his boss among the living again. "Mr. Kenyon! You're awake!" He shakes Jackie, who wakes up with a yawn.

"Ken! You had us so worried!" She gives her manager a big hug, then slaps him across the face.

"OW! What the hell was that for?"

"Why the hell did you fire at police, you crazy bastard?"

Kenyon glares at Jackie. "It was either that or let myself get arrested! And as soon as I'm in jail, I'm as good as dead!"

"Destro told us what happened, last night, Mr. Kenyon. Please, tell us what you've gotten into.

Kenyon sighs. "I dunno. All I know is that those guys in the uniforms are Sarundian Marshals, which means I've REALLY pissed someone off."

Jackie looks confused. "Marshals?"

Kenyon nods. "Not as fancy as it sounds. They're basically glorified bounty hunters. When a prisoner escapes their sentence, and leaves the area, the Marshals are called to bring 'em back, dead or alive. The common method tends to be dead."

"I've read their so-called rulebook. In the event that their target is captured and arrested by local authorities, and they refuse to release them into their custody, the Marshals are to forgo all local law and execute the prisoner, and any one else who gets in their way."

"THAT'S why I couldn't be arrested. I'd be just as dead that way, and someone else probably would have been killed, as well."

"Mr. Kenyon, I'm sure the officers can fend for themselves."

Kenyon shakes his head. "Y'think these guys aren't prepared for every contingency? They've got tools for anti-magic warfare as well, and've probably developed means to combat psionics since I've left. And when it comes to physical combat, these guys're second to none."

"That still doesn't explain why you shot at the police, you idiot!"

"I lost my cool, okay? I know, it doesn't happen that often, but when I saw those uniforms, I KNEW I was in trouble. I couldn't let myself get captured, even for questionin'. It doesn't take these fellas long to kill you, believe me. Besides, she's a freakin' valkyrie. I wouldn't have shot 'er if I didn't think she could take it."

Jackie sighs. "So, what now? You've got a group of killers on your tail, AND you've gone and pissed off the GUFIs. They think you're dead, but in this town, news travels fast. It won't be long before they start beating on our door."

Kenyon nods. "I know, and I don't plan on bein' here for long. First things first, I need to get healed. Inari's is prob'ly the best place for that. Then, I need to kill the Marshals."

"Why, Mr. Kenyon? Why not just lay low until they leave?"

"'Cause they're not stupid. They KNOW I'm alive. And if they don't find me, it's because the town won't give me up. So, when they leave, they're gonna come back. With more men. And they're not gonna worry about havin' to obey local laws and crap then. Even with the gods backin' the town up, there's gonna be deaths. Lots of 'em. And I dont' want that on my hands 'cause I decided to lay low."

"So, like I said, I get healed up, then I kill the Marshals. Once the Town's safe, I'll turn myself in."

"But Ken, you nearly killed a police officer. One that has a deep relationship with the current commander of the GUFIs, at that. Who knows what they'll do to you?"

"Worst I'll get in this place is a few days behind bars. I think I can handle that. If Freezy is cranky 'cause I shot a couple of easily-healable slugs into his woman, I'm sure y'all will help out if they go overboard on the punishment, right?"

Darryl and Jackie nod.

Kenyon smiles. "Great. Knew y'all could help. Now, go get me some kinda disguise. I've got a lot of ground t'cover, and several angry people lookin' around for me in between."

blackout
2006-12-14, 05:37 PM
Nukular enters the area known as the docks and begins to scan the area for anything matching Kenyon's DNA patterns from the shop.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 05:41 PM
The scan leads Nukular to a small, nondescript house. The door seems to have been recently repaired.

Kenyon's player also wonders how Nukular's here, and in the Tavern at the same time.

AmberVael
2006-12-14, 05:51 PM
Vael's player wonders if Kenyon missed the post that said Nukular left the tavern.

blackout
2006-12-14, 05:59 PM
((Nukular left the tavern.reread.))

Nukular knocks on the door. Kenyon, it's the new guy in town! Open up!

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 05:59 PM
Kenyon's player curses the fact that he missed the post, blames it on being at work at the same time as posting, and threatens Vael's and Nukular's players with a shoe.

Kenyon grabs Darryl by the collar and brings him close.

"Don't let him know I'm here!"

Darryl clears his throat, and speaks up.

"There's no one here by that name at this address, sir!"

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:03 PM
-_- I have a DNA scanner, he's hiding in there. Open up before I break down the door.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 06:05 PM
"No speaky de Common!"

"What the hell was that?"

"It works on salesmen!"

AmberVael
2006-12-14, 06:06 PM
Vael threatens Kenyon's avatar with a pink paintbrush.

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:06 PM
Nukular arms his dual heavy rocket launchers, which are currently mounted on his shoulders. Step away from the door, I want my bounty ALIVE.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 06:17 PM
"And we want you off our doorstep, ass! Did you ever think there might be another reason his DNA is here?"

""Jackie!"

"You got a better excuse?"

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:20 PM
Nukular fires his rockets, blasting the door clean off it's hinges. Then he steps in, his outline seen through the smoke, all dramatic-like. :)

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 06:23 PM
As the smoke clears, Nukular finds the house empty.

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:25 PM
...Oh, that's just...son of a...GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! He immediately begins scanning again, transferring all power to scanner...accidentally causing the battlesuit's strength enhancers to shut off, making it crash to the ground. Ow.

McBish
2006-12-14, 06:30 PM
The mutt runs around the docks looking for the source of the explosion.

Kenyon
2006-12-14, 06:31 PM
Nukular can probably hear the sound of a jetpack zipping by the window.

"So long, jackass!"

Kenyon, with Jackie in his good arm, and Darryl grabbing on his good leg for dear life, take off towards the town main.

"Whoo, I can't believe that worked!"

"What now, genius?"

"Nothin's changed, the timetable just bumped up a bit! Let's get over to Inari's, pronto!"

((To be continued in the Streets))

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:32 PM
Nukular brings the suit back online, and stands up. He hears the noise of the jetpack and immediately runs outside, seeing Kenyon flying with a somewhat primitive jetpack. He turns his own jetpack on and follows. You can't outrun me, Kenyon! LAND! NOW! He fires a few warning shots from his plasma rifle.

McBish
2006-12-14, 06:33 PM
The mutt runs towards Nukular. Seeing the blown in door. Um, what is going on? Seeing everyone fly off the mutt chases them on foot cursing all these people having the ablity to fly.

Renrik
2006-12-15, 02:04 PM
The GSA are evacuating the area immediately around the fight, and have formed a ring around the area it is occuring in.

blackout
2006-12-15, 05:16 PM
Nukular's worker drones immediately swarm over the area, and proceed to go to repair the damage to the door that Nukular blew. In two minutes, their gone.

Gemini
2006-12-15, 06:43 PM
The doppelganger dashes to the edge of the boardwalk.
Then it realizes it's not being chased, and teleports into the bar.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 09:26 PM
A boat can be seen on the horizon as it approaches the docks, its black sails barely visible against the night's sky. As it nears the docks its size is discernable, a small galley, holding about 100 feet long. It pulls into the docks and a cloaked figure smoothly jumps off the side, landing softly on the pier.

Traven looks towards the Den for a few moments, standing slowly.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 09:29 PM
Kain wanders to the docks after awhile ((A while? Try a couple of days!)). It's been a long time since he's been at the docks, so he looks around and spots Traven.

Hey Traven! Long time no see!

He walks over towards Traven.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 09:31 PM
Traven begins to walk towards the Den, but stops in his tracks as Kain calls to him. With a smile, Traven turns to Kain. Tell me something, and tell me the truth, can I trust you?

B-Man
2006-12-15, 09:32 PM
Kain looks a bit shocked. Of course you can trust me. What's up, Traven?

Lucky
2006-12-15, 09:37 PM
Traven looks sternly at Kain as he speaks. His eyes focused on Kain, he decides this is no lie. I thought so. See, this is the thing, with the revenue from the Den and... other things, I've managed to get enough money to buy a new ship. Now naturally this will take up most of my time.
This means I need someone I can trust to take on the resposibility. Be the driving force behind the Den... as well as the rest of the things that come with it. Are you up for that?

B-Man
2006-12-15, 09:40 PM
Kain ponders for a bit. He goes over the possiblities of things in his mind and reaches a conclusion. Yes, Traven, I am the man for the job. Kain pauses for a moment. What exactly does the job fully entail?

Lucky
2006-12-15, 09:45 PM
See? That's where the job gets good. Traven turns to look at the Den. All you have to do is take care of that, keep it running and making a few gold, and make sure no one takes it from you. Then you get to pick and choose what you want from there. Knife-fights? Sure. Smuggling? We got a path right into the Shadow Depths, so it's perfect for that. Run a crime guild of whatever sort you like? Course. Traven nods and turns back to Kain. It's all about what you're up for Kain, you're new to this, so I wouldn't you in too deeo, but as you get used to it, you do what you like with it. I'll stop by every now and then when I want to. Sound good?

B-Man
2006-12-15, 09:49 PM
Kain let's it all sink in. After awhile, he nods his head a says: Yeah, sounds good.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 09:53 PM
Sounds great. As you know, Den's that way, and I have business to take care of. Traven quickly turns and runs swiftly back to his boat, grabbing a robe a swinging onto the deck. He turns and salutes to Kain as the ship leaves the pier, and sails off.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 09:56 PM
Kain looks out as the ship sails onward. After a moment, he relaxes on a nearby bench.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 09:59 PM
As Kain relaxes, he hears a swooshing sound about 10 feet to the left of him, followed by an evil... chuckle.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 10:04 PM
Kain becomes alert and looks to his left, easing a knife into his hand.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 10:09 PM
A loud thump is heard and Kain can discern a box about 3 feet long and 1 foot deep and wide, with a small, caped figure standing on top. The figure, no more than 3 feet himself, turns to Kain and speaks. Good evening. He says with a heavy accent.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 10:11 PM
G'evenin' little mister. What business do you have sneakin' up on people who are tryin' to repose? Kain replies to the caped figure, knife now in hand, but still consealled in his sleeve.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 10:17 PM
Vat bisness? No bisness. He strolls closer to Kain, revealing more of his figure, his pale skin stands out against the red velvet lining his black cape.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 10:22 PM
Kain looks at the pale complexion of the approaching figure. I mean the whole sneakin' up on people. Why are you doin' that? He eases his other knife into his other hand, so that he has a knife in both hands. The second one, that is in his left hand, is partially visible to those with very keen eyesight.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 10:23 PM
Vat? Sneaking? Vhy do you accuse me of this? I do not sneak. He says, coming closer still.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 10:36 PM
I mean what you're doin' right now. Kain flashes the dagger in his left hand. State your purpose here, or I'll throw this knife through your forehead.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 10:38 PM
My purpose iss ssimple... Suddenly the small figure flies through the air towards Kain, hissing and bearing gleaming fangs as he attempts to bite his neck.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 10:41 PM
Kain reacts quickly and throws the knife into the figure's mouth. He then rolls out of the way, stands up and flashes the knife in his right hand.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 10:44 PM
The figure stops in the air as the dagger enters his throat. Literally, standing in mid-air he chokes on the daggers. Ack! Gack! He starts rolling around holding his throat as he floats 2 feet in the air.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 10:53 PM
Kain looks at the figure. Well, I guess that serves you right. He replaces his other dagger back into his belt.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 10:55 PM
After much rolling around in the air, he finally mananges to cough up the dagger. No- gack! Hemhem... Now... vhere vere ve? Ah yess... I vas doing zis! The gnome dives back at Kain, who has his daggers away this time, teeth bared again.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 11:01 PM
What the-?! Kain sidesteps the gnome and jumps several paces backwards. He reaches over his shoulder and draws his sword.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 11:04 PM
Vhat ze? It iss alvayss sso much harder in zhesse crazy placess. Forget it. He floats back to his box and collapses of exhaustion.

B-Man
2006-12-15, 11:20 PM
Kain stares at the gnome for awhile longer. Well, I should be goin' Kain up and leaves.

Lucky
2006-12-15, 11:26 PM
The small figure stands and begins to drag his box across the beach to the Den.

Renrik
2006-12-17, 07:37 PM
The GSA continues to keep men in the area. A Goblin Labor Party Rally is occuring on wharf three.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-18, 08:05 PM
Bolts of stray lightning are flying in the air, striking boats, docks, buildings and even the occasional worker.

It appears as though there is a massive lightning storm centered on the nearby beach.

About 15 seconds later, a massive wall of fire strikes the out edge of the docks, fizzling before hitting the main parts, only engulfing the first three docks closest to the beach in flame.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-18, 08:23 PM
The clouds begin to part in small areas as hundreds of small meteors break through rocketing towards earth, striking into buildings and whatever else may be below them as they crash into the ground.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-18, 08:24 PM
Several seconds later, a second wave of slightly larger, though fewer in number, meteors rain down from the sky.

McBish
2006-12-19, 01:10 PM
Shea wanders onto the docks and looks around for awhile then he leaves again.

Renrik
2006-12-19, 01:44 PM
The GLP rally dissapates as the goblins run to find shelter from the barrage of meteors and lightning strikes. GSA wizards attempt to detect magic on the storm.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 02:35 PM
Both the lightning storm and Meteor Storm are of magical origin from a very potent source/sources.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-19, 09:33 PM
A man with glowing red eyes hops through the docks, a pen and paper being telepathically suspended behind him, tallying deaths and damage. He hops on towards teh slums.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-12-20, 06:50 AM
Dawn's light brings a battered, hastily-repaired warship into the Town's harbor. Once the Golden Scythe, a battleship of the Order's Navy, it's now a mangled (though still quite valuable) prize of the Dread Pirate El Jaspero. Once the ship is anchored her temporary commander, El J's halfling second mate Gaelon, begins the long task of dealing with her cargo and crew.

Renrik
2006-12-20, 01:25 PM
The GSA recognizes El Jaspero as the man who took back the Lady Jane from goblin traders a while back, but, due to their current state of ceasefire, decline to at.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-21, 04:40 PM
Babhdàn walks up to the dock, observes some of the charred wood, takes a few samples, all while jotting down notes furiously.

He then places his hand on the charred wood, and the burned parts magically melt away.

Structural integrity is a wonderful thing

Babhdàn then hops off towards the slums.

Xerillum
2006-12-22, 03:15 PM
the dwarven fleet sails off.

Renrik
2006-12-22, 05:59 PM
The goblin vessels receive news of the treaty, and the crews and GSA immediately break out in celebration and music.

The ships are quickly repaired, and set sail, heading northward.

2006-12-22, 09:33 PM
The shore ahoy!

The Pirate King's gig thumps up to the dock and he hops out, then stoops to give Alarra a hand up. They take hands and head up into Town, chatting quietly.

Ceika
2006-12-22, 09:56 PM
Ceika swims to the shore and walks up onto the sand. She stretches and sighs, the water rolling off her until she is quite dry. With a slight smile, she heads into town.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 10:32 PM
Fallon steps out onto the edge of the docks, standing 'at ease' while staring out at the water. She sighs, wondering why it works for everyone else in the family, but does nothing for her.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 10:42 PM
Lykan walks out behind Fallon

Hey... You doing okay?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 10:49 PM
Fallon looks back at him and smiles. Yes, sir. Of course, sir.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 10:53 PM
Lykan frowns

Relax... I'm not your general yet, just your father...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 10:55 PM
She shakes her head. Sorry, sir...I was just...thinking.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:04 PM
Lykan sits down, hanging his legs over the edge of the docks

'Bout what?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:15 PM
She looks down at him. Did you know that at this point I am probably 25 years or more your senior?

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:16 PM
Lykan nods

Yup. I still think that's kind of funny.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:20 PM
She looks out to the sea. Age makes no difference. You still have more experience than I. When I'd lost...well, when I'd lost someone close I closed away most emotions. I know anger, I know mistrust, and I know how to follow orders. And no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find any other emotion.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:22 PM
Lykan looks up at her

Who was it that you lost?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:24 PM
Fallon shakes her head, I'd rather...not talk about it.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:28 PM
Lykan nods

I can understand... I've lost friends all over... I've shut myself out from people too... You can't do that if you want to be happy.

Despite what you think, you can open yourself up... Just relax... There's no war here...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:32 PM
She looks to him with a sad smile. You say that because you know how to love. I know how to protect, but it's not the same as loving someone.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:33 PM
Lykan looks back up at her

Why do you protect, then?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:34 PM
She sighs. Because they love me, or--at least--they say they do. And I was told to be responsible for them.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:36 PM
So you protect them because you want to give them something in return for them loving you?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:37 PM
She nods. It's all I have to give.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:43 PM
Then you want the feeling to be mutual.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:45 PM
She shakes her head. I don't want feelings...they get in the way.

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:48 PM
Lykan shakes his head

Everything is in balance, Lin. As much as feelings can get in the way... They can just as much inspire and bolster you.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:50 PM
She shakes her head, Maybe...but it doesn't matter...

Lykan
2006-12-22, 11:57 PM
What doesn't?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-22, 11:58 PM
She continues watching the sea, keeping her gaze off of him. Whether I have emotions or not...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:01 AM
Lykan's brow furrows

Lin... If I am your father... You can tell me what's wrong. You don't have to love to have trust.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:04 AM
A soulblade appears in her hand and she attempts to stab his hand to the dock. She smiles, demonically, her eyes glowing a dark blood red. I know something you don't know, she says in a sing-song voice.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:06 AM
Lykan is stabbed through the hand, rooted to the spot

Crap... Deimos you bastard, give me back my daughter!

He summons a katana and attempts to shatter the blade

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:07 AM
She holds the blade strong. You fool...it's not your daughter you should be worried about. The question is...would you rather Demetrius die, or your wife. She smiles with sick pleasure.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:13 AM
Lykan attempts to rip his hand from the blade, almost griting his teeth and letting psionics repair the damage as he back away.

You won't touch them!

Lykan summons another katana in his still messed up hand and sends a flurry of slashes at Lin, aimed mostly at her legs and arms...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:14 AM
Fallon dances back, the water becoming ice as she steps out onto it. She laughs, I won't have to.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:16 AM
Lykan grits his teeth and goes to tackle Fallon into the water

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:22 AM
She can't swim, she says gleefully right before her eyes revert to normal and she's tackled.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:24 AM
Lykan stops mid-tackle in midair, grabbing Fallon by the collar

You okay?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:26 AM
Fallon sees that they're out on water, on thin ice, and tenses considerably. She bows her head. I need to go home...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:28 AM
Lykan shakes head

No. And that's an order, if you really think of me as more of an officer than a father.

Lykan sets her and himself back on the dock

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:30 AM
Fallon tenses. You don't understand, sir! He has more control here! For the safety of the family I have to return home.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:40 AM
Lykan shakes his head

Then let me help. I'm willing to take a hit to keep us all together. Let me help... Of all people, I can really help the most.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:43 AM
She shakes her head, No, sir...if anything, you'll just make it worse.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:45 AM
Lykan's brow furrows

Let me into your head.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:46 AM
She shakes her head. I'm sorry, sir, I can't. I can't sacrifice knowledge of the future. And it's that knowledge that has made me who I am today.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:48 AM
Lykan shakes his head

I want to fuse, not probe. I have no intention of looking at your private thoughts.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:50 AM
She takes a step back, frowning. With all due respect, sir, no. I don't need others in my head. I need to go home.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 12:55 AM
Lykan growls

Stop trying to hide.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:57 AM
Fallon stands up straight, looking almost intimidating. With all due respect, sir...you are not my father, yet. Nor are you the man I know in the future. You have no command over me.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 01:01 AM
Lykan huffs

Fine. I actually came here to ask you to retreive your brother, but seeing how you don't want this family to be whole, I guess it will be a favor denied.

He turns heel and begins to head out of the docks

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:02 AM
Fallon bows her head, speaking quietly, This family will never be whole...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 01:13 AM
Lykan stops.

In your experience.

Lykan leaves the docks

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 01:14 AM
Fallon stares out at the sea, still not getting any comfort from the waves or the stars above.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:32 AM
Gwen descends and lands lightly on the docks with Bolt, she gently puts him down and tries to walk on a nonmoving surface.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:35 AM
Bolt starts to try and run around, and falls over.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:36 AM
Gwen giggles but manages to start walking towards Town, I guess that's what we get for being on a ship for so long.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:38 AM
Bolt rolls over and gets back up with a smile, and catches up with Gwen.

2006-12-23, 10:44 AM
The shore ahoy!

Ahoy, the ship!

The Liza Jane eases up to the docks and there to greet her and toss mooring lines are Gaelon and Jo-Ligh with the prize crew assigned to bring in the Golden Scythe. The crews cheer each other in a hearty reunion and set to the business of unloading the frigate's holds of holding, eager to get to the business of splitting their haul.

Mister Halfpenn, good to see you. I trust the Order prisoners have been dealt with?

Gaelon chuckles. If you can call it that...Captain Rulis was less that popular, let's say that. Most of 'em were pressed and are happier to be off that tub than anything, but a good third of 'em volunteered! I've set 'em to work fixing what we did to the Scythe, but there's plenty more yet to be done to that poor tub.

Janae nods with a faint smile and hands Gaelon a crate. Very good. The captain will be pleased...but for now, it's back to work for us. Gaelon gives a dramatic groan and hoists the crate ashore with the glint of profit in his eyes.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 12:12 PM
Fallon watches as the ship is moored and raises an eyebrow. She scowls, Pirates... She had to accept her grandmother, but it didn't mean she had to accept the rest of the pirates.

She moved toward the Liza Jane slowly, avoiding the crew with the skill of a rogue.

------------

Fallon sighs, jumping off the edge of the ship. Useless, she berates herself. Some paladin...some person...you're nothing.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-23, 06:48 PM
A fairly large merchant ship moors at the docks. As human workers begin unloading the cargo (mostly of rare teas, spices and rum) people observe a beautiful young woman conversing with an older couple, most likely her parents.

"Father, please, it is the eve of my 23rd birthday, I think it's high time I set out on my own and paved my own way."

"But Kohaku --"

"No, father, please...it's for my own good. I need to leave your care sometime."

"But....but what if I never--"

"Never say never father, I'll be awaiting your visits, you needn't worry! I can rent a place overlooking the port."

"Just let her go."

Her father sighs "Yes dear... best of luck"

They embrace "Thank you father" and Kohaku walks away and explores the area, watching the assortment of workers load various ships.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 06:54 PM
Fallon watches the exchange. She smiles wistfully at remembering the time she'd joined the army. Her conversation with her father was very much the same.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 07:32 PM
Lykan appears next to Fallon

Evening.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 07:38 PM
Fallon looks over at him. Hello...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 07:42 PM
Lykan sighs

You doing okay?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 07:46 PM
She nods. I was just thinking about you and mom...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 07:57 PM
Lykan looks out at sea

Oh?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:06 PM
She nods and frowns. But there's a pirate I've been waiting to confront... She points at the Liza Jane. The captain's not shown up all day...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 08:09 PM
Lykan frowns, then looks to the ship

You mean Jaspero?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:10 PM
She scowls, You mean that brat Kyrian's dad? He's the pirate captain? Crap...I've been wasting my time all day...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 08:12 PM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

Umm... I'm missing something.

Like why the hell is the name Kyrian so friggin popular.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:14 PM
She shrugs. I dunno...why does every Kyrian have to be so irritating. He liked using that damned tail as a whip...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 08:18 PM
Lykan pauses

Black hair, wants way too much attention?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:19 PM
She nods. He seemed the type...though...it's been about forty years since I've seen him. I left the Town after...well, when I was only ten years old.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 08:20 PM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

Something happen?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:22 PM
She nods and sighs. I'd rather not talk about it.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 08:25 PM
Lykan narrows his eyes

Did your boyfriend die?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:27 PM
She shakes her head. I never had a boyfriend. She thinks for a moment and winces. Please...don't get mad.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 08:33 PM
Lykan frowns, looking at the water below them

At who? You, or your brother?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 08:35 PM
She shakes her head. My brother. He was only trying to stay quiet. I told him not to tell you of the future, sir.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 09:23 PM
((almost an hour later, Lykan gets on another friggin computer))

Lykan shakes his head

Don't worry about it.

He looks out at sea

Please quit calling me sir...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 09:27 PM
She bows her head. I'm sorry...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 09:33 PM
Lykan looks back at her

Look... I know you have some information that you don't want me to know concerning a future death... And judging by the way everyone's been acting, I think I know who it is...

He sighs, looking out at sea

No one can change the future. If it is that way in the future, you should know that in the past that nothing, even my children from the future, can change what happens... Because to you my inaction has already happened, as has your visit to us. It won't change.

He looks back up at Fallon again

Please... Can you get your brother?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 09:39 PM
Fallon sighs. I guess there's no point in trying to hide it. Being unable to lie makes it hard anyway...The problem is that the future's not set in stone. I'm afraid that Antony might do something stupid.

Demetrius...never knew Mom. And I'm afraid he's getting too attached. Antony is where we all should be...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 09:45 PM
Lykan sighs

Home... Is not the same for everyone. I can't force you where to stay anymore than can I force him where to stay... But I've hoped every night that you would make your home be with us. I've prayed with every fiber of my being since I've met you all that we could all stay together.

It's just a dream, though...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 09:48 PM
Fallon smiles at him. They want this to be their home...I think they'd enjoy it.

As for me...I'm not sure. Even out here near the ocean I feel trapped. Caged. And I'm unsure why...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 09:52 PM
Lykan frowns

Did you feel this way in the future?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 09:55 PM
She shakes her head. Not when I'm out on the field. I don't have time to feel confined. I rarely take leave to go home...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 09:56 PM
Lykan scratches his chin

Home?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 09:58 PM
You don't think we haven't rebuilt the village in fifty years?

Lykan
2006-12-23, 09:59 PM
Lykan smiles, looking out at sea

Whose we?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 10:02 PM
Fallon bows her head, Those of the tribes that survived the attack from Wurmwreath...not long ago on your calendar, I suppose.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 10:04 PM
Remus's and Romulus's?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 10:07 PM
She nods. Along with other races that have been persecuted in the area...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 10:12 PM
Lykan chuckles slightly

To bad we don't have the dragons.

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 10:16 PM
Fallon smiles, looking away. I suppose you'll be wanting me to go find Antony...

Lykan
2006-12-23, 10:17 PM
Lykan looks up

Would you? Please?

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 10:18 PM
She nods. Where is the portal?

Lykan
2006-12-23, 10:20 PM
Lykan holds out a hand, smiling

Falon_Lin
2006-12-23, 10:21 PM
Fallon tenses for a moment, then takes his hand.

Lykan
2006-12-23, 10:22 PM
They dissipear

AmberVael
2006-12-24, 12:17 AM
A sudden shimmering appears in the water near the docks, and then, like a fish, a man leaps out of the water. He looks around and smiles to himself, then heads towards town.
Oddly, he is not wet.

wxdruid
2006-12-25, 12:36 AM
Snow softly falls overnight, covering everything with a soft white blanket. All sounds are muted as the world turns into a white winter wonderland. The docks are an undisturbed wilderness of shapes underneath the white blanket waiting to be discovered.

Ellear Ias
2006-12-26, 01:17 PM
A slightly strange sight for anyone fortunate enough to see it, a small raft floats amongst the ships. On it, a bundle, wrapped in a reflective tarp and lashed to the raft. Inside that bundle is, infact, a crate, it's contents grumbling and shivering slightly to herself. As the raft bumps against the dock, the person inside the crate's eyes open wide.

"I'm.... I've hit... Can it be land?"

She begins to bang on the top of the crate rather loudly, shouting for assistance.

"Hello!? Is anyone out there!? I am in need of aid, as I am trapped in this gods forsaken box! Hello!?"

Rebonack
2006-12-26, 01:44 PM
A random NPC dockworker notes the talking box.

"By 'de gods lass! How'd ye get yerself in der?" the grizzled old salt yells down. He calls to some other workers, who manage to fish the crate out of the sea with some landing hooks.

"Get me a prybar lad, lets get 'er out o' der!"

Ellear Ias
2006-12-26, 01:54 PM
Bracing herself against the walls of the crate during the movement, she lets out a sigh of releif.

"It is about time I hit land!" A slender female with light grey fur and cat-like ears climbs out of the crate once the lid is off. "Thank you kind sir, My rations had about exhausted themselves." She stretches a bit, checks that her sachel is straight, and turns to the dockworker. "I have been at sea for nearly a full cycle of the moon. Where is it that I have landed?"

Rebonack
2006-12-26, 02:00 PM
"'dis 'ere place is called 'De Town', lass. Not to sure meself how it got dat name," the old salt responds, scratching his beard in thought. "Ye look half frozen child. Head over to de center o' town, ye'll find Trog's Tavern. De got a warm fire 'n warm drinks."

Ellear Ias
2006-12-26, 02:05 PM
"I believe that I will, sir. Please, do take this for freeing me."

She reaches into her sachel, pulling out a small bag of coins. She pulls out two gold pieces and hands them to the dockworker.

"It isn't much, but please take it."

She retires the coin bag to her sachel and, still shivering sleightly, makes her way in the general direction of town, greeting most everyone she passes on the way.

B-Man
2006-12-27, 10:19 PM
Kain wanders to the Docks and ponders whether or not he should visit the Den, but decides against it and takes a seat on a bench that overlooks the sea.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-28, 12:51 PM
Kohaku wanders over to Kain.

"Hey there!" She calls and walks over, sitting down on the bench beside him. "I'm Kohaku! Pleased to meet you!"

DarkSetzer
2006-12-28, 07:06 PM
To any sitting on, or moving about, the docks the form of Kethemar can be seen flying wide circles out over the open ocean.

Kyrian
2007-01-05, 07:56 PM
Kyrian steps out onto the docks and sits, dangling his feet over the water.

[hr]
Later he leaves.

B-Man
2007-01-06, 04:45 PM
Kohaku wanders over to Kain.

"Hey there!" She calls and walks over, sitting down on the bench beside him. "I'm Kohaku! Pleased to meet you!"

((Whoa! I forget that the Town exists and characters are talking to my characters... :smalleek: ))

Kain looks beside him and smiles. No, the pleasure is mine! My name is Kain, and I'm pleased to meet you, Kohaku.

Jonnadiah
2007-01-07, 11:59 AM
Kohaku smiles "Lovely weather today!" She breathes in deeply and sighs. "So, today is my first day away from my parents. They're here on business and will be leaving shortly. I'm staying behind and starting my own life. It's exciting, but I've already run into a problem. You wouldn't happen to know where I might take up residence, would you?"

B-Man
2007-01-07, 12:35 PM
Kain ponders for awhile. Well, I can only think of taking up a room in Trog's second floor... if there's enough room. That's where I'm staying. He then twittles his thumbs and checks the wraps on his arms.

((I going to be gone for awhile... it seems that this conversation is rather long, starting on 12/28/06... heh heh))

Renrik
2007-01-08, 11:12 AM
Some goblins sit around by dock three, playin bones near some barrels, being off-shift.

A few boys, goblinoid, orc, and a human, play a makeshift game of kickball down the street.

A few Goblin Worker's Union volunteers hand out flyers.

Jonnadiah
2007-01-08, 03:01 PM
Kain ponders for awhile. Well, I can only think of taking up a room in Trog's second floor... if there's enough room. That's where I'm staying. He then twittles his thumbs and checks the wraps on his arms.

((I going to be gone for awhile... it seems that this conversation is rather long, starting on 12/28/06... heh heh))

((Don't worry about it, see you around))

Kohaku stands, stretches then speaks "Great! Thanks!" She puts her arm around Kain in a half hug, "See you around, I guess!" then wanders off towards town.

Renrik
2007-01-09, 02:09 PM
Renrik walks the docks, his face shrouded by his mask and his hood. He disspears into the shadows, making his way among the shadows, outside the wals of the Town.

B-Man
2007-01-09, 03:28 PM
Upon starting awake, because his player has completely forgotten about him, Kain gets up and returns to the streets.

DarkSetzer
2007-01-09, 04:17 PM
Aloysius appears in the shadows, he takes a seat on the edge of a dock, waiting. In his boredome he snaps his fingers, creating a small fire on his index finger. He holds the fire up to the wooden dock, and laughs as it catches fire and the fire begins to spread.

Rebonack
2007-01-09, 04:21 PM
Regiji had been sitting there, minding his own business while poking a sea anemone when he notes that a portion of the dock between himself and the shore is now on fire

"And here I had hoped that my day would be pleasantly uneventful," he sighs as he stands. He brushes himself off and begins to approach the random destructive wizard.

"Hey! Arson is illegal around here. Consider yourself under arrest."

DarkSetzer
2007-01-09, 04:25 PM
Aloysius laughs, "I would like to see you try... Besides, I need to balance out my Karma, after all... I did save that pathetic Bounty Hunters Guild today..."

Maliohen appears, charging out from the streets, on the opposite side of the fire, he spits at the ground and mumbles a curse, then growls at Regiji, "He is mine... Stay out of this."

((Yes two of my characters are going to fight))

Rebonack
2007-01-09, 04:31 PM
Regiji gives the fellow who had just run up a 'You're one of those 'I must have my personal revenge' idiots' looks, then focuses on a large volume of seawater, which proceeds to levitate into the air and dump itself on the flames.

"Fine. Have your own personal vengeance dealy. But if that clown starts to flee I'm going after him."

"I get to watch!" Regiji's probe bubbles. "Yay!"

DarkSetzer
2007-01-09, 04:36 PM
Maliohen glares at Regiji, "This is hardly revenge, only due justice." He wades through the fire, which vanishes around his footsteps. "Foolish mages... Magic is only so useful." He picks up speed and charges Aloysius, mancatcher poised and ready to strike when the time comes.

Just before Maliohen gets his chance to strike Aloysius takes a step back, falling into the waters and vanishing into the murky depths. An instant later he appears behind Maliohen, his staff poised and ready to strike. He brings his staff down hard across Maliohens face.

Maliohen staggers back and grows, he re-adjusts his footing and stands poised, ready to strike. "Are you sure you don't want to take the easy way?"

Rebonack
2007-01-09, 04:41 PM
Regiji shrugs.

"What ever makes you more comfortable."

"Wasn't the fire already put out?" the probe asks in a confused tone while bouncing around Regiji's head.

"Shush. You're ruining the moment."

Jonnadiah
2007-01-09, 04:42 PM
A portal rips open along the burning dock and a voice is heard. You called

DarkSetzer
2007-01-09, 04:58 PM
((... I didnt notice the fire was put out, although it doesnt matter much.)

Maliohen spits at the ground again, "So thats it huh? Can't take me on your own?"

Aloysius laughs, "Hardly, I just thought that this man here," he indicates Jonnadiah, "Could offer some...entertainment to our...audiance..." He indicates Regiji.

Maliohen grunts, "As you wish, but know that it doesnt matter... Wether you want to or not you will come with me." He jabs his mancatcher at Aloysius, dropping it at the last second and charging forward, pouncing on Aloysius and knocking him to the ground. The two fall into a grapple, Maliohen pinning Aloysius to the docks.

Aloysius smirks, "You didn't think it would be this easy did you?" He blinks and vanishes, leaving Maliohen to fall face first to the ground, cursing under his breath as he falls.

Aloysius reappears next to Jonnadiah. "I shall deal with this one," he points at Maliohen, "You can take him." He tilts his head at Regiji.

Jonnadiah
2007-01-09, 05:00 PM
"With pleasure" Jonnadiah grins maliciously. He snaps his fingers and 300 zombies appear around the docks area, some go to attack workers, though most form a hoard and advance towards Regiji

Gemini
2007-01-09, 05:01 PM
A doppelganger of Gemini appears. "Now, where is that fire?" The doppelganger sees the zombies, and starts to slash at them.

Jonnadiah
2007-01-09, 05:02 PM
Jonnadiah sighs, every zombie Gemini cuts open continues to advance, sprouting replacement parts.

Gemini
2007-01-09, 05:04 PM
The doppelganger disappears, and then Gemini teleports in. He sees Jonnndiah. He shoots out a light cannon of energy out of his hand, at the zombies. "What is your name? Do you work with anyone else? I've heard of you...and that you work with another mage. Why do you do this?"

Jonnadiah
2007-01-09, 05:06 PM
Jonnadiah sighs again. "My name is Jonnadiah, I work with Aloysius, he's right over there. I work for no one but myself and I do this for no one but myself. Now kindly go away."

Gemini
2007-01-09, 05:08 PM
Gemini looks over at Aloysius. He then smirks at Jonnadiah. "I would, but I cannot. You have attacked my guild, and our guild has been hired to arrest you two. For numerous charges." A doppelganger appears behind Jonnadiah and slices at him.

Rebonack
2007-01-09, 05:10 PM
Regiji gives the advancing hoard of undead his odd head tilting look, then sighs.

He simply levitates off from his current position to about ten feet above the dock. Last he checked zombies can't fly. And the advertiser is already taking care of the workers. Good for him.

A pair of grapefruit levitate out of Regiji's pack, then accelerate toward the mob at several times the speed of sound. With a thundering boom the citrus fruit smash through the zombies, exploding like tank shells upon hitting the sandy ocean floor a fraction of a second later. Those not pulverized by the initial impact are obliterated by woody shrapnel. With all the zombie in the water the crabs are sure to be happy.

"I suppose that it goes without saying that you may consider yourself under arrest as well," Regiji says to the man poking out of the portal.

DarkSetzer
2007-01-09, 05:10 PM
Aloysius flys up into the air for a moment, hovers and looks down at Maliohen, still sprawled on the floor. He chuckles and twirls his staff, unleashing a blinding ray of energy at Maliohen.

Maliohen picks up his head and shakes it, moaning at the pain in his nose. He looks up just in time to see the beam of energy and quckly rolls out of the way, making sure to grab his mancatcher before doing so. The beam of energy passes harmless to his side and puts a rather nasty hole in the dock.

Maliohen clambers to his feat and growls as he looks up at Aloysius, knowing full well that he has no method of flight Maliohen jumps into the waters and swims beneath the docks, vanishing into the shadows.

"Well well well, this should be fun." Aloysius descneds at full speed into the water, causing a rather large splash and some good sized waves.