PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the Bottle

Incan Road
2010-11-20, 07:59 AM
So I was reading something, possibly on this forum, about exploiting the Thought Bottle(Complete Arcane). I can't quite wrap my head around the possibilities, so could anyone in the playground give some examples of exploiting the Thought Bottle?

Marnath
2010-11-20, 09:43 AM
I think the exploit is something like pay 500 xp for storing your thoughts, make enough magic items to cost you a whole level, and then use the bottle to go straight back to the xp you had, minus 500. So basically, xp free crafting.

BeholderSlayer
2010-11-20, 10:36 AM
I think the exploit is something like pay 500 xp for storing your thoughts, make enough magic items to cost you a whole level, and then use the bottle to go straight back to the xp you had, minus 500. So basically, xp free crafting.

Or spells, or whatever else might cost you XP.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-20, 11:59 AM

You can't lose a level from crafting...

bannable
2010-11-20, 12:14 PM
The real trick in the Bottle is in things such as negative levels, retraining, and other such ways of changing what your character is.

Marnath
2010-11-20, 12:24 PM
You can't lose a level from crafting...

I didn't say that, though, did I? Dropping to the minimum for a level is "costing you a level" if you were near leveling up.

gbprime
2010-11-20, 04:57 PM
Yeah, that's the gist of it. Spend 500xp to store your XP, craft stuff, pop wishes, Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos, etc, etc, etc. Then when you're done, open the bottle and everything you did cost you only 500xp total.