PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Craft

LibraryOgre
2010-11-20, 12:06 PM
Ok, someone help me get excited about this game.

Our C&C game ended, and we're going to be playing Fantasy Craft. Looking through it... it looks like everything I dislike about 3.x, squared and cubed. Complicated, cruchy, with a bunchy of techty little modifications that are never quite what you want.

Anyone got anything good to say about this game?

Yora
2010-11-20, 12:22 PM
Apparently almost all reviews praise this game very highly.
But as said, it's also a d20 game. If you don't like the basic concept of d20 (I don't), this game won't make anything better.

Bayar
2010-11-20, 01:24 PM
Never heard of Fantasy Craft. But I do have to ask, what does C&C stand for in your post ?

LibraryOgre
2010-11-20, 01:29 PM
Castles and Crusades.

Starbuck_II
2010-11-20, 01:39 PM
Ok, someone help me get excited about this game.

Our C&C game ended, and we're going to be playing Fantasy Craft. Looking through it... it looks like everything I dislike about 3.x, squared and cubed. Complicated, cruchy, with a bunchy of techty little modifications that are never quite what you want.

Anyone got anything good to say about this game?

Well, you don't have daily useage worries. Spell points are per encounter.

So it fixes 5 minute work day.

LibraryOgre
2010-11-20, 10:54 PM
I can't even stand to keep trying to make a character; it's too annoying. Once again, decent character concepts can't be made to work mechanically, because the system is too specified.

Tetsubo 57
2010-11-21, 11:39 AM
I think that the Fantasy Craft book has a lot of decent ideas. I did a full review on my YouTube channel. But the whole encounter powers things turns me off like a crap sandwich. I prefer daily powers or spell points (with per use caps) such as the core psionics system.

LibraryOgre
2010-11-21, 03:53 PM
Something that got to me was the "spellcasting skill". Great. Spellcasting is a skill. But DCs are so low that a character who has put points in it will have little problem, so it becomes more of a skill point tax. If using the Spellcasting skill actually allowed non-casters to cast a few spells, that would be fine... but it doesn't add anything, right now.