PDA

View Full Version : Cats are dragons.

krossbow
2010-11-20, 04:28 PM
Compare the two; its true!

Both Cats and dragons are excessively vain and view themselves as the most important creatures in existence.

Both Cats and dragons have a disturbing tendency to play with their food.

Cats and dragons both have a natural affinity for shiny objects.

You do not exist in a cat or dragons world... till dinner time.

Both Dragons and cats spend the majority of their time sleeping in excessively expensive beds (or wherever they please).

This obviously explains why housecats can murder commoners with such ease.

hamishspence
2010-11-20, 04:30 PM
This does go well with the comments about, in Draconomicon, the remarkable similarity between the dragon skeleton and the cat skeleton overall.

There are differences (feet, breastbone, wings, skull) but the general shape is fairly close.

Urpriest
2010-11-20, 04:35 PM
Cats have an affinity for shiny objects? Isn't that ravens?

Teln
2010-11-20, 04:41 PM

Both Cats and pseudodragons are excessively vain and view themselves as the most important creatures in existence.

Both Cats and pseudodragons have a disturbing tendency to play with their food.

Cats and pseudodragons both have a natural affinity for shiny objects.

You do not exist in a cat or pseudodragons world... till dinner time.

Both pseudodragons and cats spend the majority of their time sleeping in excessively expensive beds (or wherever they please).

This obviously explains why housecats can murder commoners with such ease.

I corrected your typos. :tongue:

Aidan305
2010-11-20, 04:41 PM
There's a short story, I believe by Peter Dickinson, that involves a dragon gradually turning in to a cat over time as it drinks milk. It ends with the warning that, should you not give your cats milk they'll turn back in to a dragon.

flabort
2010-11-20, 04:51 PM
I may risk getting hate from saying this, but in the recent movie "How to Tame Your Dragon", you can observe the dragons behavior. It helps if you're watching it with a real cat on your lap, so you can observe the similarities.

AslanCross
2010-11-20, 05:40 PM
I may risk getting hate from saying this, but in the recent movie "How to Tame Your Dragon", you can observe the dragons behavior. It helps if you're watching it with a real cat on your lap, so you can observe the similarities.

Nah, those are perfectly acceptable. The dragons in D&D are also explicitly mentioned to be catlike even in anatomy (as per Draconomicon).

nedz
2010-11-20, 06:06 PM
I have this vision of a BBEG stroking a small white dragon:smallbiggrin:

Yes - that would work.

hamishspence
2010-11-20, 06:07 PM
While very few wyrmling dragons are Tiny (cat sized) wyrmling white dragons are one of them.

so, it would work.

krossbow
2010-11-20, 07:09 PM
and he could have even murdered the baby dragon's mother to get his egg too, for extra evil points.

Cats have an affinity for shiny objects? Isn't that ravens?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/469761052_6f055c51e9.jpg

Psyren
2010-11-20, 07:35 PM
"Dragons are cats" might be a more accurate thread title imo.

AstralFire
2010-11-20, 07:46 PM
- The internet is far too obsessed with both.

grarrrg
2010-11-20, 08:41 PM

I must disagree.

The key, and most important notable difference being...

Cats don't feel the need to mate with anything that moves. Case in point, there is no "Half-Cat" template.

Heliomance
2010-11-20, 09:33 PM
Point countered with: Any episode of Red Dwarf.

turkishproverb
2010-11-20, 09:36 PM
I must disagree.

Cats don't feel the need to mate with anything that moves. Case in point, there is no "Half-Cat" template.

Point counted with: Anything killed by gaming physics discussions.

boomwolf
2010-11-20, 09:43 PM
While very few wyrmling dragons are Tiny (cat sized) wyrmling white dragons are one of them.

so, it would work.

Dungeonbred template for reducing size?

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-20, 09:44 PM
There's a short story, I believe by Peter Dickinson, that involves a dragon gradually turning in to a cat over time as it drinks milk. It ends with the warning that, should you not give your cats milk they'll turn back in to a dragon.

Actually, I think you're thinking of E. Nesbit.

TeqSun
2010-11-20, 09:58 PM
One problem with your theory: dragon brains >>> cat brains.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-20, 10:04 PM
One problem with your theory: dragon brains >>> cat brains.

That's what they want you to believe.

boomwolf
2010-11-20, 10:06 PM
actually cats are proven to be very, very smart. they are just too apathetic to the surrounding to ever do something with their brains.

Dragons on the other hand are too vain to make use of their brains in many cases. so it kina adds up.

WinceRind
2010-11-20, 10:09 PM

Touche.

I think this reference might miss quite a lot of people, though...

Mewtarthio
2010-11-20, 10:14 PM
Critical difference: Not all dragons are Evil.

Halae
2010-11-20, 10:15 PM
Critical difference: Not all dragons are Evil.

neither are all cats, but those that aren't evil are Neutral Apathetic

Tiki Snakes
2010-11-20, 10:27 PM
neither are all cats, but those that aren't evil are Neutral Apathetic Dead.

Fixed that typo for you. :smallsmile:

Aidan305
2010-11-20, 10:51 PM
Actually, I think you're thinking of E. Nesbit.

Perhaps, I haven't read it in about 14 years.

A quick browse reveals that you are, indeed, correct. Thanks, Now I know which section of my bookshelves to look for it.

Thrawn183
2010-11-20, 10:54 PM
- The internet is far too obsessed with both.

Yeah, except dragons are awesome and cats are quite the opposite.

Psyren
2010-11-20, 10:55 PM
Yeah, except cats are awesome and dragons are quite the opposite.

Continuing the post fixing :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-11-20, 10:56 PM
I noticed this tendency. Pretty much any dragon will have feline attributes - Tamora Pierce's, Pern's, How To Train Your Dragon's, D&D's, Dragon Milk's... In fact, I'm gonna go see if it's a Trope.

Psyren
2010-11-20, 11:00 PM
Remember that the trope should be that Dragons Are Catlike, not the other way around!

Serpentine
2010-11-20, 11:07 PM
Hm. No actual trope, but a couple of references. Who wants to fix this?!

Callista
2010-11-20, 11:08 PM
actually cats are proven to be very, very smart. they are just too apathetic to the surrounding to ever do something with their brains.

Dragons on the other hand are too vain to make use of their brains in many cases. so it kina adds up.They are very smart, but only about as smart as a dog. Dogs just learn more tricks because they are very motivated and trainable due to their doggy psychology that says "I must do what my pack wants, or I won't share in the kill." Cats are solitary hunters and don't have that imperative, but they will work for food.

I've trained my cats to do a few useful things, such as getting up onto a chair or table on command, sitting still to have their claws clipped, and scratching only the things I want them to scratch. I haven't really concentrated on training them beyond basic politeness but they picked those things up pretty well.

Cats are smart; they're just not very trainable.

Tiki Snakes
2010-11-20, 11:15 PM
Actually, I'd say that cat's are pretty dumb. But they move more slowly and are quieter, which is close enough for most people to mistake them for smarter than they really are.

Thrawn183
2010-11-20, 11:17 PM
I would see cats as white dragons. Nothing else.

Psyren
2010-11-20, 11:18 PM
Actually, I'd say that cat's are pretty dumb. But they move more slowly and are quieter, which is close enough for most people to mistake them for smarter than they really are.

Nah, I'm pretty sure dogs lose (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html)

Tiki Snakes
2010-11-20, 11:39 PM
Nah, I'm pretty sure dogs lose (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html)

That is a good link.
However, two points;
Firstly, the Dogs were aware enough of their surroundings to notice something was going on, and active enough in their own heads, in their private world, to believe that the world was ending and everything was ruined.

Secondly, imagine that two cat's had the EXACT same emotional reaction, the exact same thoughts and beliefs. There'd be more scratching, but generally they'd likely have been quieter and move more gracefully and wouldn't have seemed as dumb. Though they'd have pretty much dissapeared under the furniture the moment the family got where they were going.

Admiral Squish
2010-11-20, 11:40 PM

Oh, god, I'm in pain from the laughter. It hurts, but I can't stop.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-11-20, 11:42 PM
That is a good link.
However, two points;
Firstly, the Dogs were aware enough of their surroundings to notice something was going on, and active enough in their own heads, in their private world, to believe that the world was ending and everything was ruined.

Secondly, imagine that two cat's had the EXACT same emotional reaction, the exact same thoughts and beliefs. There'd be more scratching, but generally they'd likely have been quieter and move more gracefully and wouldn't have seemed as dumb. Though they'd have pretty much dissapeared under the furniture the moment the family got where they were going.

But what about here? (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/07/dog.html) Yay situations where Hyperbole and a Half is kinda relevant.

AstralFire
2010-11-20, 11:43 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Tiki Snakes make bad points.

Callista
2010-11-21, 12:15 AM
When I moved, my cats reacted like this:

First when I was packing they were investigating where everything was going. The calico disappeared when things started getting different enough, and the tabby became unusually friendly, staying nearby to make sure I wasn't going to get packed away, too.

When I moved to the new apartment both cats immediately found hiding spots. Over the next few hours, they gradually came out and began investigating their nearby surroundings. Over the next day, they got to the point where they were making cautious patrols of the entire new apartment and rubbing their cheeks on the corners to mark it as theirs. During the next two weeks, they worked out territorial agreements, decided who was going to eat from which food bowl, and learned when the neighbors walked their dog, when the local stray came patrolling by outside the window, and where to hide their toys. After about three weeks they were as confident here as they were at the old place.

I should note here that both my cats are rescues. The tabby is an ex-feral whom I adopted when he was six months old and was lucky enough to be able to tame, so that he is very much a one-person cat; I think he is first-generation feral because he obviously hadn't gotten the "humans are bad" bred into him like ferals from a long line of ferals have. The calico came from a shelter; she was originally dumped there in a cardboard box which was taped shut and without air holes, so I can only imagine what her first home was like. They are both very cautious cats. A more confident animal might react differently.

grarrrg
2010-11-21, 12:17 AM

Counter Point Countered with: The Cat (and relatives) did not interbreed with anything. Due to a combination of Radiation exposure, 3 million years (give or take), and in-breeding, they eventually evolved into a humanoid life-form.
Again, NO human/cat interbreeding.

Felhammer
2010-11-21, 12:23 AM
If Cats get to be Dragons, then what do dogs get to be?

Psyren
2010-11-21, 12:23 AM
Secondly, imagine that two cat's had the EXACT same emotional reaction, the exact same thoughts and beliefs.

That's just it; I can't imagine two cats reacting like that. It's simply impossible.

Maybe cats are just as dumb but better at hiding it, I wouldn't know; given that I can't read animal minds, actions are my only metric.

If Cats get to be Dragons, then what do dogs get to be?

Everything (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllAnimalsAreDogs)

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-11-21, 12:32 AM
Perhaps, I haven't read it in about 14 years.

A quick browse reveals that you are, indeed, correct. Thanks, Now I know which section of my bookshelves to look for it.

The story can be found in "The Book of Dragons" collection from Michael Hague.

TeqSun
2010-11-21, 12:36 AM
Ever see a cat hide under an ottoman? Completely silent and invisible, ready to pounce on innocent passersby and deliver their coup de cuddle. Except that anyone can clearly see the feline tail sticking out from underneath the ottoman.

Cats: great mouse-killing instincts, but sorely lacking in the basic smarts stat.

Psyren
2010-11-21, 01:03 AM
Ever see a cat hide under an ottoman? Completely silent and invisible, ready to pounce on innocent passersby and deliver their coup de cuddle. Except that anyone can clearly see the feline tail sticking out from underneath the ottoman.

Cats: great mouse-killing instincts, but sorely lacking in the basic smarts stat.

You wouldn't be well-equipped to hide from someone several times your size, in their environment, either :smallwink:

The important thing is that the mouse wouldn't see them.

Thrawn183
2010-11-21, 01:39 AM
The only thing cats have close to a dragon's magical abilities is the power to make some people like them despite their lack of any redeeming qualities.

golentan
2010-11-21, 01:43 AM
There's also the slit pupil thing. And they do actually have charm person (http://www.livescience.com/animals/070402_cat_urine.html) as a spell like ability.

In short, I wholeheartedly support this.

Tiki Snakes
2010-11-21, 02:08 AM
That's just it; I can't imagine two cats reacting like that. It's simply impossible.

Maybe cats are just as dumb but better at hiding it, I wouldn't know; given that I can't read animal minds, actions are my only metric.

I was going to provide video evidence of just that, but ended up spending rather longer than intended watching cats doing silly things rather than doing what I should be doing. So, yeah. Plenty to see on youtube. :smallsmile:

Callista
2010-11-21, 06:31 AM

Cats: great mouse-killing instincts, but sorely lacking in the basic smarts stat.Their instincts are made for tall grass and such, which doesn't end abruptly like the edge of an ottoman does.

Most animals have some issues in artificial surroundings; for example, the way a dog will slide across a tile floor if he tries to cross it while running, even though he's walked across it a hundred times before and knows it's slick--his instincts just don't tell him about surfaces where his paws can't get much traction if he's going too fast.

Amiel
2010-11-21, 06:47 AM
I must disagree.

Give it access to shapechanging magic and that will all change.

Cats are smart; they're just not very trainable.

The following disagrees with you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or-MuU56Ek8). Also, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzo-WrEPOE)
:smalltongue:

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-21, 07:17 AM
The only thing cats have close to a dragon's magical abilities is the power to make some people like them despite their lack of any redeeming qualities.

Hey, screw you, cats are awesome.

Now I miss my kitty. :smallfrown:

Also: it's rather unfair to judge the intelligence of cats relative to our own. Compare their intelligence relative to dogs, or pigs, or whatever. Not the smartest animal on the bloody planet.

The following disagrees with you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or-MuU56Ek8). Also, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzo-WrEPOE)
:smalltongue:

"Trainable", in this case, refers to the biological imperative to take orders that dogs have. Cats do not have that. They are therefore less trainable.

They can be trained, it just takes more effort. Usually, it requires you to play to their kitten instincts.

Dienekes
2010-11-21, 10:25 AM
It's also been shown cats can fly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx71r9E_HJk).

There may be more to this than I at first believed.

Tiki Snakes
2010-11-21, 10:27 AM
It's also been shown cats can fly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx71r9E_HJk).

There may be more to this than I at first believed.

Except for the fact that it's a viral ad, right? :smallwink:

Dalek-K
2010-11-21, 10:40 AM
So what happened was...

Long ago dragons ruled the world, then when the primitive monkeys came around they though "oh how cute". They allowed them to grow and prosper as if they were their own pets. The dragons didn't really notice until it was to late, when the first dragon was killed by human soldiers! All the dragons were stunned at how their favorite new species have turned and bit them after years of protection and coddling. The dragons knowing that they could not destroy all the millions of humans without taking drastic losses decided to use their wits and magic to defeat this new enemy. They used shape change and permanently attuned their bodies to what they coined as "cats", some became the big cat family opting to stay away from the evilness of humans and others decided a life of luxury (as in Egypt) and make humans their slaves. These "cats" use spells all the time like "charm human" (when you pick up a stray), "suggestion" (when a human is about to punish one... but they look to cute), and "dominate human" which is usually used on older female humans to take in and help create a pack of cats in "her" home.

megabyter5
2010-11-21, 12:49 PM
Although I do see the similarity, dragons do not comply with Munroe's Law of Cat Proximity (http://xkcd.com/231/).

golentan
2010-11-21, 12:55 PM
How do you know? Have you ever seen someone getting close to a dragon? Maybe they start stating obvious things like "I'm on fire" or "He's eating me, yes he is."

Actually, that pretty much fits my experience with the creatures around the tabletop.

Kris Strife
2010-11-21, 01:01 PM
Oh, god, I'm in pain from the laughter. It hurts, but I can't stop.

I actually died from reading that blog a few days ago. God of Cake is my favorite. :smallbiggrin:

Heliomance
2010-11-21, 01:18 PM
Counter Point Countered with: The Cat (and relatives) did not interbreed with anything. Due to a combination of Radiation exposure, 3 million years (give or take), and in-breeding, they eventually evolved into a humanoid life-form.
Again, NO human/cat interbreeding.

I'm not referring to the process that created the Cat, more to the fact that he is highly eager to mate with anything that moves (except the Dog).

grarrrg
2010-11-21, 01:42 PM
I'm not referring to the process that created the Cat, more to the fact that he is highly eager to mate with anything that moves (except the Dog).

Oh, in that case:
There are EXTREMELY few living lifeforms around, and The Cat is a complete idiot.
They keep him around for a few reasons, the first is, as stated, there are precious few beings around, and of those he's one of the few that ISN'T inclined to kill Lister.
Second, he makes a great Starbug pilot, he still has cat-agility/reaction speed, and he can "smell the swirly things".

golentan
2010-11-21, 01:45 PM
Also, just realized: To the person who compared pigs, dogs, and cats, you realize that dogs score higher on intelligence than cats on average, and pigs are far and away smarter than dogs?

AstralFire
2010-11-21, 01:47 PM
Also, just realized: To the person who compared pigs, dogs, and cats, you realize that dogs score higher on intelligence than cats on average, and pigs are far and away smarter than dogs?

I think Yuki was only emphasizing that it's not fair to compare their intelligence to humans, and to leave it with animals that are at least somewhat in the same league.

golentan
2010-11-21, 01:48 PM
I think Yuki was only emphasizing that it's not fair to compare their intelligence to humans, and to leave it with animals that are at least somewhat in the same league.

Yeah, but that still comes out unfavorably for the cats.

Psyren
2010-11-21, 02:04 PM
Yeah, but that still comes out unfavorably for the cats.

Cat brains are closer to humans than dogs, actually. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_intelligence)

Where dogs are closer is their body language, which is almost identical to ours.

I agree that pigs are on top smarts-wise, but they're also ***holes.

vegetalss4
2010-11-21, 02:18 PM

most of these intelligence tests are biased towards pack animals such as dogs.

a good text on cat intelligenc can be found here (http://www.messybeast.com/intelligence.htm)

pasko77
2010-11-21, 02:28 PM

I peed my pants from laughing.
I hope you are happy now. :smallbiggrin:

mucat
2010-11-21, 02:32 PM
I peed my pants from laughing.
I hope you are happy now. :smallbiggrin:

If you liked the dog story, that same blogger is the woman who invented the alot (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html). I will never see the Internet the same way again. :smallsmile:

Callista
2010-11-21, 02:40 PM
The problem with comparing cats and dogs is that you can't make the assumption that all kinds of intelligence are equal, and differ only in level of ability. They don't; cat intelligence is simply different from dog intelligence. There's no one measurable quantity called "intelligence", not even in humans; there are just a lot of separate abilities that, when taken together, give a general impression--and all of those separate abilities can be at different levels. That's why human IQ tests have a dozen or more tasks on them--one task can't measure intelligence because you can't predict that if you did wonderfully on one, you won't be horrible at another.

And that's just within the same species. When it comes to dogs and cats, comparing "intelligence" becomes even more difficult because even defining "intelligence" is getting pretty tough. If you divorce the dog from its social framework, it looks pretty stupid; but if you try to force the cat to work within a social framework, it looks like the cat doesn't get it. Cats are a great deal better at hunting on their own; but only dogs regularly hunt in packs... It's just complicated.

pasko77
2010-11-21, 02:48 PM
If you liked the dog story, that same blogger is the woman who invented the alot (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html). I will never see the Internet the same way again. :smallsmile:

Nice, but it lacks the punch of the first one. The part about the depressed dog rolling instead of walking had me literally crying.:smallbiggrin:

krossbow
2010-11-21, 10:16 PM
I think we can all agree from this evidence that it is clearly bad DMing to put a housecat in the same area as a commoner; Dragons are far too high of a CR for a commoner to oppose, so it come as no suprise when they end up being dinner!

I'm somehow tempted to make a red dragon polymorphed into a housecat follow a party around and beg for treats/attention and then reveal it as the BBEG at the end of the story.

randomhero00
2010-11-21, 10:20 PM
Funny this came up, I'm roleplaying a powerful dude and put a dragon's soul in an undead cat :)

I make him lick my feet.

flabort
2010-11-21, 10:53 PM
You awful, awful man!
How could you give an undead cat it's soul back? :smalltongue:

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-22, 05:09 AM
Agreed...cats might be difficult to train, but they've proven time and time again that humans are quite the opposite.

Well... yeah. Of course we can be trained. We're pack animals.

There's a reason the first animal to be domesticated was the wolf.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. :smallconfused:

FelixG
2010-11-22, 06:29 AM
I'm somehow tempted to make a red dragon polymorphed into a housecat follow a party around and beg for treats/attention and then reveal it as the BBEG at the end of the story.

I...LOVE this idea...mainly cause i played in a persistent world on neverwinter nights.

GM had this house cat NPC, it was always begging at players on fetch quests, it looked scruffy and hungry, so I chose to fail the fetch quest and gave it a cooked chicken I was delivering across town, when it turned into something big (i cant remember what it was exactly, a pit fiend I think...) it destroyed the town but spared me...and gave me a cooked chicken :smallbiggrin:

Psyren
2010-11-22, 09:01 AM
I...LOVE this idea...mainly cause i played in a persistent world on neverwinter nights.

GM had this house cat NPC, it was always begging at players on fetch quests, it looked scruffy and hungry, so I chose to fail the fetch quest and gave it a cooked chicken I was delivering across town, when it turned into something big (i cant remember what it was exactly, a pit fiend I think...) it destroyed the town but spared me...and gave me a cooked chicken :smallbiggrin:

Fiendish-lickin'-good?

Whammydill
2010-11-22, 10:50 AM
Sheesh, is this a cat/dragon comparison thread or a "I don't like cats" thread?

It seems that many authors use cat characteristics as an analogue for their various style of dragons. I can't think of a better animal to draw from myself.

flabort
2010-11-22, 12:44 PM
Nor can I, really, it makes them so CUTE! (and it makes it more shocking when you find out just how deadly they are)
Kitty! :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-11-22, 12:46 PM
It makes so much sense if you overlook the vast physical, supernatural, and other aspects.

Whammydill
2010-11-22, 01:33 PM
It makes so much sense if you overlook the vast physical, supernatural, and other aspects.

"The same could be said of all religions rpgs.

:smallcool:

Psyren
2010-11-22, 01:38 PM
"The same could be said of all religions rpgs"

:smallcool:

Scalykind ill needs a savior such as you!

krossbow
2010-11-22, 03:17 PM
Sheesh, is this a cat/dragon comparison thread or a "I don't like cats" thread?

It seems that many authors use cat characteristics as an analogue for their various style of dragons. I can't think of a better animal to draw from myself.

Hah, i don't think anyone here truly dislikes cats; we're just having a good time joking about them ala ICHC.

:smallannoyed:

Great, now i'm going to keep having ICHC memes going through my head when i think about dragons.

Tiki Snakes
2010-11-22, 04:38 PM
I love cats.

But that doesn't mean they aren't elemental evil.

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-22, 04:56 PM
Their default expression is scorn.

avr
2010-11-22, 05:03 PM
Catgirls. Even D&D has them, called Catfolk I think and maybe others.

Does using catgirls as evidence in a D&D reality argument have the same effect as calling upon physics? Lets find out!

grarrrg
2010-11-22, 08:36 PM
Catgirls. Even D&D has them, called Catfolk I think and maybe others.

I blame the fanboys for this one. Specifically the Japanese fanboys.

Callista
2010-11-22, 08:48 PM
Cat-people almost ruined the musical "Cats" for me. Then I created a mental barrier and posted mental guards with mental machine guns all along it, and do not allow contact between the two concepts. It works.:smallbiggrin:

turkishproverb
2010-11-22, 09:43 PM
Cat-people almost ruined the musical "Cats" for me. Then I created a mental barrier and posted mental guards with mental machine guns all along it, and do not allow contact between the two concepts. It works.:smallbiggrin:

Your problem wasn't the cat-people. It was the musical. It was one of the worse things ever to come out of Musical theatre, certainly one of the worst successful things.

AstralFire
2010-11-22, 09:45 PM

Cats ruined the idea of musicals, the idea of costumes, and the idea of cat-people for me. I saw bits as a small child and I was abjectly terrified. I've only recently managed to overcome the terror of musicals, but given that I've never seen anything good out of catpeople, that last one's probably for the best.

Rising Phoenix
2010-11-22, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30J2qKXtNPo

Yay I am contributing!

Psyren
2010-11-22, 10:49 PM
I blame the fanboys for this one. Specifically the Japanese fanboys.

Didn't cat-dudes exist in D&D first? (i.e. Rakshasa.)

grarrrg
2010-11-23, 06:30 PM
Didn't cat-dudes exist in D&D first? (i.e. Rakshasa.)

Whether or not Dnd had the catpeople first doesn't really matter. Either way the catgirls have been taken over and blown out of proportion by the fanboys.

grimbold
2010-11-24, 12:16 PM
you my friend Mr. OP
are brilliant