PDA

View Full Version : GITP "The Town": The book

Pages : 1 [2]

Wukei
2006-12-02, 10:38 AM
I've been out of town...I PLAN on restarting Monday. No promises. Sorry.

Wukei
2006-12-06, 12:01 AM
A comic WILL be up tomorrow, I promise...sorry for the lack of comic, Monday. I slept most of the day due to illness, and then when I did wake up I had a small bout of blindness. (Obviously, I'm better...but I keep having flashes of blindness...I'm a bit worried about it.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-06, 12:04 AM
You've finally returned to save your readers from animals in drag? Yay!

Wukei
2006-12-06, 12:36 AM
Yes...I've already inked it...but unfortunately there were some *cough*inconsistancies with the Town...we'll have to remedy them Friday...

Penguinizer
2006-12-12, 09:50 AM
Heres the profile for my new character. George.

Name: George (just George)
Race: Sentient Penguin (A Penguin whos just as smart as any human)(tell me if this is a bit too weird)
Class:Battle Mage. Fighter.
Alignment: Chaotic Lawful (A good cause but without real regard for laws)
Size and Weight: That of your average penguin.
Hair Color(yes, he has hair): Brown.

Equipment: A +5 Mithril Master Work Bastard Sword of Shocking.+3 Chain Mail
Armour. A Circlet of True Sight.

It would be great if you would mind somehow intergrating him into the story.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-12, 01:02 PM
Race: Sentient Penguin (A Penguin whos just as smart as any human)(tell me if this is a bit too weird)

*grins* no...I don't think that will be too weird at all.

Best place is to hang out at Trog's or Inari's and see what happens. Inari's has an ice temple underneath it, so that may work out for him.
Welcome to the Town.

Penguinizer
2006-12-12, 02:11 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

McBish
2006-12-12, 02:44 PM
Feel free to include any of my characters.

Kyrian
2006-12-12, 02:46 PM
Feel free to include any of my characters.

Well, I'd hope so, I mean, why wouldn't I include Lillah? Oh...and the others of course. :smallbiggrin:

Falon_Lin
2006-12-18, 09:41 PM
I want to update the cast page...

If you have a particular avatar you want shown on the cast page, please send it to [email protected]. You may choose a non-stick avatar as long as it is still 117x117 in size.

Lykan
2006-12-19, 08:13 AM
Heres the profile for my new character. George.

Name: George (just George)
Class:Battle Mage. Fighter.
Alignment: Chaotic Lawful (A good cause but without real regard for laws)
Size and Weight: That of your average penguin.
Hair Color(yes, he has hair): Brown.

Equipment: A +5 Mithril Master Work Bastard Sword of Shocking.+3 Chain Mail
Armour. A Circlet of True Sight.

Hehe... It's not too wierd... Remember, this is the town. :smallwink:

And being without regard for laws but being one of a good cause is Chaotic Good, just fyi...

Hehe... Penguin with a bastard sword...

Falon_Lin
2006-12-19, 07:21 PM
To those that have linked to the character thread to give permission and to say what their character looks like:

If you linked back before the forum change, your links are null and void. Please either relink or copy/paste the information in this thread.

Nevrmore
2006-12-28, 03:55 PM
C/Ped from the character thread:

[Stats and Description]
Name: Hawk Geldof

Race: Human

Height: 5'11

Weight: 174 lbs

Eye Color: Pale blue

Sex: Male

Class: Marshal

Alignment: Lawful Good

Description: A cold, physically imposing man. He is only of average build, and is slightly taller than normal, it's his dead gaze that seems to put people off. His head is clean-shaven, but half the time it's hidden under his jet black peak cap. In fact, his entire military uniform is jet black, but only because that's the only color that appeals to him. The last article of clothing is a large, black trenchcoat. His most obvious feature is a slightly deforming scar on the left side of his face. It runs from his brow down to his chin, splitting his lips.

Personality: Dominating and overbearing. He can't help but take control of any situation even if he knows nothing about it. Put him in a group of people and he'll take the duties as leader quicker than the blink of an eye. Aside from this one aggravating trait, he's generally a nice man, if a little rough around the edges.

Weapons: Two swords which sheathe into each other to become one large, unassuming pole a few inches thick. When sheathed, Hawk slings them over his back and carries them like a normal sword.

[Backstory]
Up until a few years ago he was the leader of a batallion of highly skilled soldiers. While some considered Hawk bloodthirsty, war hungry or what have you, he got along with his group well and they respected him as a leader. Since their nation was usually on good terms with accompanying lands, Hawk and his team instead spent their time as mercenaries, perhaps even adventurers, who could be hired to cleanse areas of particularly severe creatures, all manner of evil and vicious. To this end Hawk found solice away from the battlefield and felt good for doing service to mankind.

Everything ended one fateful day when the marshal and his party were given a request to abolish a necromancer who had been tormenting a small village - the village of one of Hawk's own soldiers, Lot. Journeying to the village with haste, they found themselves right in the midst of a necromantic attack. The party fought valiently for a while, but things fell apart when the Necromancer decided to flee. Hawk ordered his soldiers to leave the vile wizard and continue fighting through hiz zombies to protect the citizens, but Lot refused. He had sworn a personal vendetta against the necromancer and saw his chance of ending his terror once and for all. Hawk, seeing how deeply Lot wanted to give chase, changed his mind and allowed him so.

The rest of the party continued cleaving through the hordes of zombies and trying to save as many villagers as they could. After Lot had failed to return for a long time, Hawk became worried. Temporarily taking leave of his senses, he ordered another soldier to take the mantle for awhile as he went off to search for Lot personally. When he came upon his soldier and the Necromancer locked in combat, he had intended to sneak behind the bastard and kill him while he was distracted. The wizard was on his toes, however, and managed to slice Hawk right across the face, which would result in a hideous scar the rest of his life.

The Necromancer took advantage of Lot being distracted by his injured chief to deal a fatal blow - Lot died instantly, allowing the murderous mage to finally escape. Hawk was wracked with horror and guilt over seeing one of his own killed - it filled him with terror when he realized that his remaining soldiers were still fighting the zombie horde. Even thought he ran back to the village as fast as he could, it was too late. The undead army had quickly overwhelmed his men after he had left, their bodies lay strewn across the destroyed village with dead eyes gazing right through Hawk's soul. The marshal knew that it was because of his easily changed decision, because he had broken under pressure, that killed his men, allowed the necromancer to escape, and utterly destroyed the township he was trying to save. He became cold inside and swore to himself that he would never second guess himself the same way again - he would never bend for something other than what he believes the good of his men. He would never let anybody in so they could influence him like that ever again.

[Common Knowledge]
1. Hawk is, or was, part of the military. This is obvious from his uniform

2. He's been hardened from battle, although in different ways than the norm.

[Ongoing Storyline]
None right now. He's not hunting down the necromancer that destroyed that village and killed his men or anything cliche like that - as far as he's concerned, the entire tragedy was his fault and his alone.

------------------------------------------

Name: Descartes ("Day Cart")

Race: Neothelid

Height: About 6 or 7 inches.

Weight: 1/2 a pound

Eye Color: black

Sex: Male?

Class: None

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Description: Think of a purple apple with four tentacles and you've got Descartes. There are three characteristic dark purple spots on his crown, but otherwise the rest of him is lavender-ish. His four tentacles hide a lamprey beak he uses to drill into his victims.

Personality: Spiteful of everything and everyone. He hates thralls, he hates the town, he hates himself, and boy is he vocal about it. Of course, the fact that he's forced to live in secrecy in this world doesn't help him very much

Weapons: None

[Backstory]
Descartes started out as any other immature Illithid - a tadpole-esque creature swimming merrily in the cerebric fluids excreted by his elder brain. If things would have gone accordingly, in a few years or so, Descartes would have matured enough to be taken from his warm pool and attached to a captured thrall. Then, after a set period of devouring the host brain, he would have warped their physical features into an iconic Illithid form and gone on to live a normal Mind Flayer life. Alas, this was not to be.

On that fateful day, the only warning was the crumbling walls as an army of goblins stormed the Illithid town. The squid-like warriors tried to hold off the beasts as best they could, but they were too unprepared to guard their homes for long. It became quickly apparent that the only means of survival was to flee, which was just what they did. Unfortunately, they were forced to leave the larvae behind, which were unknowingly basking in cerebric fluid, unaware of the horrors they were about to face.

Days passed. Weeks. Months. Bereft of nourishment, the larvae turned into an Illithid Donner party. The strong larvae devoured the weak, only to be devoured by the stronger. In the end, only one Larval Flayer survived. It was Descartes. Descartes escaped from it's home-become-jail and stalked the caves of its abandonned home, looking for food (ie: brains). Having no sense of time or really much sentience at all, it didn't know how long it was until it had finally come across a suitable meal. Immediately after devouring the poor soul's brain did it hit the small fry. Intelligence, sentience, free will all came to it at once, it finally realized who it was. However, this new power, mingled with the memories of the cannibalistic ritual it had undergone, drove it to near-insanity. Angry at itself and the world it lived in, it escaped with the body it had taken control of to the upper world, where it passed from person to person, eating their brains and slowly growing in power.

[Common Knowledge]
None

[Notes]
Descartes one, character defining ability is known as Brain Snare. If he can wrap his tentacles around a creature's noggin (one that's moderately bigger than him, of course), he can use his beak to drill into them, eat their brain, and assume complete control over their body. Of course, he won't be doing this to any PCs, but it's the only way he goes around undetected in the world.

[Ongoing Storyline]
Descartes is not involved in anything right now, he is merely trying to find ways to make his miserable life less miserable.

churchofbanjo
2006-12-28, 10:19 PM
(...Wah! My mind exploded from the last post)
Name:Bel'Gaer Shapeshiftlayre
Race: Elf (Supposedly... hard to tell. Normally hangs around as either avatar, or a hallf elf half silver dragon with a tail and fangs.)
Class: Master Transmogrifist
Distinguishing Characteristics: powerful staff, named Shiftstave (as in avatar), and no matter what form, always has glowing hazel eyes.
Major Plots: Recently involved in the Cornerstones of the World plot, in which he thwarted their defenses, listened to their plans, and acted as a funnel for information. He also acted as chaos' advocate, and had a temper tantrum against Vael. Finally, he helped bring about the final battle between Vaek and the Masters. He recently had his staff upgraded so that it can harm dieties and is a bane to divine essence.
Current Plots: None at ther moment, though I am in the arena, and am thinking of starting one involving him recovering his memory. His staff is intelligent, and is his only key to his past before he was an elfchild.
Favorite Entrance Method: Either swooping in and laughing, or appearing in a puff of smoke.

Calls himself chaos' advocate, as his philosophy revolves aorund chaos and fun.

If you could include him in some small way, then I would be overjoyed.

billwill91
2007-01-09, 06:06 PM
Name: william th skilled
race: elf
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140
Hair Color: black
Eyes: purple
Distinguishing Marks: large white beard
Scars: one in a place my avatar (when it comes) should not show...
Alignment and Personality: LG and extrmely so...refers to general of nacho army as his lord
Weapons: vorpa katana, the almighty limburger cheese, and an almost full boccobs blssed book
Method of Entry: feet
NPCs: none
Notes: old looking peasant who does not look like a master of arcane arts, even though he is one...
(Copied from character thread.)

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-01-10, 09:52 PM
NAME: FusionWeapon
RACE: Elven
HEIGHT: 5'8"
WEIGHT: 142 pounds
HAIR COLOR: Blond
EYES: Deep navy blue
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None
ALIGNMENT: Neutral Evil
BASIC APPEARANCE: (Avatar) A elf with long, blond hair, wearing a green shirt with a mysterious red insignia.
PERSONALITY: Evil. He is a evil elf warrior, that works for the secret evil organization A.M.E.N.
WEAPONS: Sword, fists, teeth, etc.
MOVEMENT METHOD(S): Walking or running.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-16, 08:37 PM
NAME: Vespe Ratavo
RACE: Elf
HEIGHT: 5'7''
WEIGHT: 95 lbs
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYES: Black
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None, really.
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Good
BASIC APPEARANCE: (Avatar), elf ears, black hair, black cloak, blue shirt with grey sleeves and pants, dual rapiers.
PERSONALITY: Swashbuckling, a classic pirate. Enjoys the fine things in life, never hesitant to help anyone or to start singing. Fun and nice.
WEAPONS: Two rapiers.
MOVEMENT METHOD(S): Teleportation. In a flash of purple light. Or swinging in on a rope.
CURRENT PLOTS: Off with the walrus king, (Altharis) a mind flayer, (flabbicus) salty, (Xerillum) Malmagor Andrigal (Malmagor Andrigal), and Nightstar (Timberwolf) to save the land of walrusopia from the evil dragon blarney. (Currently not progressing very much....)
Special entrance: Comes in on crashing airship.

Nevrmore
2007-01-23, 08:41 PM
New charrie:

[Stats and Description]
Name: Floyd

Race: Human?

Height: 6'0

Weight: 176 lbs

Eye Color: Changes depending on his mood

Sex: Male

Class: Bard with the power to RAWK

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: A man with a laid-back demeanor, Floyd is the epitome of "Do nothing, make more." His shoulder-length hair is dyed pink, but people shouldn't mistake that for any clues of his sexual orientation, it's more of a thinly veiled reference to a band. At the top of his hair, he has gelled up a few locks to stick into the air like a mohawk. His clothes scream "Punk", with tattered pants and a dirt shirt over an equally dirty jacket. A Gibson guitar is strung over his back.

Personality: Laid-back and humorous, although if you badmouth whatever he likes, he's known to get into a "Battle of the Bands" with you, which can range from ana ctual battle of musical talent to him beating you over the head with his guitar a whole lot.

Weapons: His guitar, which seems to hold some sort of magical property.

[Backstory]
No one knows. He just fell out of the sky like a shooting star - literally - one day.

[Common Knowledge]
None.

[Ongoing Storyline]
None.

Blood
2007-01-24, 04:44 PM
Most of my characters come and go, but I suppose you can use Blood. You can use her any way you wish...but I'd like to preview it and see what exactly you do with her. :smallbiggrin:

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 06:48 PM
Hmm, well if you need a sadistic madman you could always use Rizzen.
Alternately my dvati are rather nice people if you want to use them. Check my sig link for their descriptions.

Castaras
2007-02-08, 09:02 AM
Character's Name - The Kitten
Description of Character (especially if it's not your avatar) - A small siamese kitten with a chocolate brown nose, paws and tip of tail. Bright blue eyes.
Your character's usual personallity: Cute, friendly, innocent
Any weapons your character uses: Claws and teeth

I haven't yet decided whether such a cute kitten has script immunity yet or not...up to you how you use the kitten. Major plot? Probably drinking too much cider.

Irish_Man 54
2007-02-11, 09:05 PM
Character Name- Devlin
Description- Avatar
personality- Really taciturn personality. Seldon says a word and will pick a fight with anyone who disagrees with him.
Weapons-syth and pet

He came into town after being exiled from his grassland inhabiting village. He dosent know why hes there but hes got a bad feeling about it.

Triplewolfe
2007-03-25, 08:47 PM
Character- Wolfe
Description-Avatar
Personality- You would do well to read the history.

Major Plots- Helped win El Jas' ship back. Was about when mean Trog was first revealed as Dionysus and we accidentally got real Trog killed.

Kyrian
2007-05-18, 10:29 PM
Figures. The night I actually feel up to trying to type something towards this....I find that it's been unstickied.

Dartonus
2007-05-19, 07:43 AM
Character-Sha'rall
Description- Illithilich in red and black robes
usually calm
Weapons- tentacles, Scythe, Shortsword, longsword, crossbow(See character page for detailed info on the weapons

Plots: Burst into the Ala'rma when Saurous was there and caused chaos, Currently making an elaborate hoax to get the police to get the goblins to stop attacking his fortress.

Character- Krall
Description- four armed green demon
Usually spontaneous
weapons- Scimitars, oathbows, composite longbows, claws

Plots: Busted out of jail by suicide after being arrested for massacring goblins at a peace rally.

Character- The Panda Bandit
Description- Tall, wears black and white Breastplate, long white hair with a black strip. Oh- and he's a werepanda.
Usually spontaneous
weapons- katana, Heavy repeating crossbow, twin hand crossbows

Plots: Busted out of jail by suicide after being arrested for massacring goblins at a peace rally.

Kyrian
2007-09-21, 08:42 AM
First, I'd like to apologize that I'm bringing this thread back from beyond the dead to post this.

Second, for those of you that actually showed interest in this, and desired to see this...I consider this a failed project at the moment. My laptop caught several viruses Wed. morning, and as a result I had to reformat. Well, I lost everything I had for this idea, and while I may not have sat here and posted a bunch of it somewhere for everyone to see, I had a pretty fair deal. I don't know what bothers me most about the stuff on this idea I've lost. Either the notes I'd had and pieces I'd written/started writing. Or the links, from threads older than this one, that helped me recall specific moments so I could try writing about it. Or, the IM conversations, both IC and OOC I've had, that are now lost to the void.

For now, I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to reattempt this project. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that I'll attempt it again someday, but for now, I'm closing the door on this.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-21, 09:04 AM
It's okay. We still love you.

Kyrian
2007-09-21, 09:07 AM
Thanks buddy.