PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get Aura of Courage?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-20, 11:42 PM
What it says on the tin. Other than Paladin 3, is there a feat, or alternate class feature or something that grants aura of courage?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-11-21, 12:12 AM
Dragonslayer 1, in the Draconomicon. It requires BAB +5, Tumble 2 ranks, and Dodge and Iron Will. Not available extremely early, but it grants full BAB, d10 HP, two good saves, and the first level advances spellcasting, plus it grants proficiency in all martial weapons, all armor, and all shields including tower shields. Not a bad dip, especially if you can get Iron Will for 3,000 gp via the Otyugh Hole instead of spending a feat on it.

Tattooed Monk in CW can also get it via one of their tattoos, Falcon I think.

Psyren
2010-11-21, 12:34 AM
Courage domain gives you a weaker version (oddly enough, with the same name)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-21, 09:58 AM
Dragonslayer 1, in the Draconomicon. It requires BAB +5, Tumble 2 ranks, and Dodge and Iron Will. Not available extremely early, but it grants full BAB, d10 HP, two good saves, and the first level advances spellcasting, plus it grants proficiency in all martial weapons, all armor, and all shields including tower shields. Not a bad dip, especially if you can get Iron Will for 3,000 gp via the Otyugh Hole instead of spending a feat on it.

Tattooed Monk in CW can also get it via one of their tattoos, Falcon I think.

Tattooed Monk doesn't get Aura of Courage, just all the effects of it. I'd say that a DM should allow it to count as Aura of Courage though.

Courage domain gives you a weaker version (oddly enough, with the same name)

And this has the exact opposite thingy, though as long as it has the name it's sound.

Darrin
2010-11-21, 11:54 AM
Hammer of Moradin (Player's Guide to Faerun) gets it. The Champion Cleric ACF in Unearthed Arcana also gets it, but you lose turn undead.

Are you just trying to become immune to fear? Aura of Courage isn't the only way to get that.

For example, Planar Touchstone linked to Catalogues of Enlightenment, pick up the Dream domain power to gain immunity to fear effects. Requires 8 ranks of Knowledge (the Planes) and a 250 GP touchstone item.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-22, 01:19 AM
Hammer of Moradin (Player's Guide to Faerun) gets it. The Champion Cleric ACF in Unearthed Arcana also gets it, but you lose turn undead.

Are you just trying to become immune to fear? Aura of Courage isn't the only way to get that.

For example, Planar Touchstone linked to Catalogues of Enlightenment, pick up the Dream domain power to gain immunity to fear effects. Requires 8 ranks of Knowledge (the Planes) and a 250 GP touchstone item.

Nope going specifically for aura of courage in order to get into a PrC

Psyren
2010-11-22, 01:44 AM
Nope going specifically for aura of courage in order to get into a PrC

Which one?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-22, 01:46 AM
Which one?

My own interestingly enough (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152062)
I like to find all the ways to enter my PrCs, allows me to stockpile interesting character ideas.